Premier League Top 6 Teams – Next 6 Games

(Before we start I realize that Burnley is currently in sixth position on goal difference but this post is about the most likely top six at the end of the next six games).

Here is each team’s schedule of the next six games plus their current standings.

Man C has the easiest looking games as they only play 1 other top 6 team – Arsenal at home.

Man U’s run of 7 easy games is over and they face Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea in the next 6.

Tottenham play 3 top 6 teams Liverpool at home and Manu and Arsenal away.

Chelsea play Man U at home and Liverpool away.

This could be a great opportunity for Arsenal to move up the table but their 2 games against the top 6 look tough.

Liverpool could drop out of the top 6 as they are vulnerable on defence and play 3 high scoring top 6 teams.

My question to you is in what order do you see the teams after the next 6 games?

Written by GunnerN5

48 Responses to Premier League Top 6 Teams – Next 6 Games

bloody hell, Shitty can go to Christmas with 37 points and 40 goals difference.
    Don’t know why, but I still think United will win it, with Chavs and Spuds giving them most trouble.

If we play our cards right we could win all those games, bar City, I’ll take a draw

Cheers, GN5.

When you raised the issue of fixture scheduling a few weeks back, I thought there was something about alternating home and away fixtures. Obviously I got that wrapped around my head completely.

Talking about homes and aways, what struck me about the next six fixtures were that……

us and the chavs have 4 aways
    spuds and dippers have 4 homes and
    the two manc clubs 3 of each.

Also that out of the 7 games played so far……….

City have played 4 away so far, winning all
    Utd have played 4 at home, winning all
    We’ve played 4 at home, winning all

Best of all, the spuds have only played 3 at “home”, 2 draws and a defeat. 😆

POST SENT 🙂

For tomorrow presumably

Thanks GN5

I can’t possibly go through individual games club by club and guesstimate points, so I’ve developed my own system.

I’ll work out how good our team is relative to others zone by zone

Attack: with a fully functional Mesut, Sanch Laca 1st best in league
    Centre mid: given Rams/Xhak, then 6th best in league
    Wide boys: Bell Kal 2nd best
    CB’s: 6th best
    GK: 3rd

Therefore, we’re the 3.6th best team in town given a fully fit XI

Yeah, whenever needed really. Usual rules, if there’s something better or relevant in box, use. Sort of emergency back-up stuff, but given the crap contribution of most site abusers, I’m sure they’ll come in handy

Tomorrow it is then for jackest shitest. 🙂

Someone on twatter said au revoir to St Totts day for this season after the spuds beat Uddersfield on Saturday.
    (There really is nothing quite like judging the whole season after each and every game, is there?)

With us being only one point behind the spuds after 7 games and with our stuttering form so far, I believe that may have been just a touch premature. At least give it until November.

That’s the one 🙂

Spuds symbolic attempt at the tittle in the 7.26 is clever.

Enjoyed that GN5, thanks.

GN5

Here’s something to chuck into the mix

All the above have two nasty competitive CL games amongst those next six games

We have easy Eurodisney Cup games for our 2ndXI

For example, Totnum have Real Madrid. Twice. Double ROLF

15. chas mobile says:

Valid point, Reg.

Eurodisney is definitely the new name for our campaign in Europe. 💃💃🎡🎢🎠🎪

16. chas mobile says:

Oo, man citeh have Napoli twice as well.
    They’re meant to be playing well at the moment.

17. chas mobile says:

Morning all, it’s my wife’s birthday so I’ll be a good husband and I plan to take her out for a drive Lake Huron as a surprise – so I won’t be around much today.

19. wally says:

And Tom Petty has passed. A great loss to music.

Eddie, re – guns:

There are big restrictions on Canadian’s owning guns so our crime/murder rates are relatively low.

As an example – 2016 data.

Toronto population 2.8 million, murders 69.

Chicago population 2.7 million, murders 762.

Detroit population .7 million, murders 362.

Detroit is a 3.5 hour drive from Toronto and less than 2 hours from my home.

Where are those people who don’t believe in statistics.

21. Zee says:

Top stuff, GN5, another good Post, you must be burning the midnight coals! 🙂

22. Zee says:

Eurodisney? And does that mean Micky isn’t Micky and is someone else?

But then a rose by any other name ……….. 😀

Oh I just remembered another part of the gun bill winding it’s way through the US congress is to make it LEGAL to own silencers.
    It’s flipping unreal – something to do with protecting the hearing of gun owners.

Plus currently it’s illegal to own machine guns capable of firing multiple rounds of bullets – but unbelievably it’s NOT illegal to buy all of the sub components to make them!!

Thanks GN5, A real brain teaser this. Although our games may seem a tad easier than some others, we are yet to win an away game this season … so having 4 out of 6 away will test us.

My gut feeling is 4th … with 3rd a possibility if we can take points off those currently above us.

GN5 – I am anti-stats, but I am very pernickety when analysing data, call it occupational disease. Take Las Vegas for example – population of 600k and 60 murders. But is it representative of violent crime in the region? Not at all

Toronto has probably low rates of everything, boring, cold, hard working city is what I imagine it to be

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Toronto is a wonderful cosmopolitan, safe, lakeside city. People can walk the streets at night without fear, can that be said about cities in England?

Great beaches, restaurants, theaters, sports, housing, theaters, people, weather, roadways, airports I lived there for 25 years and was loathe to leave. Need I go on?

Yes it’s cold for three months of the year but I’ve never been as cold here as I used to be in the dour damp climate of London, England, we simply dress accordingly and enjoy our winter sports.

Yes the people are industrious, they want to succeed in life and help the local economy grow – it’s to their benefit.

Yes the have poor down and out people – but nowhere near the level of degradation that I witnessed in England.

I’ll stop there as this is not a lecture – it’s a reality.

27. LBG says:

Thanks GN5
    “EuroDisney”, brilliant!
    Love the falling object, Chas.Was it Eddie Kelly shooting or my man?
    Arse interested in a swap with PSG – Sanchez for Cracker. I approve, what say anyone?

28. LBG says:

Or Alan Hudson?

29. LBG says:

Sanchez for Draxler! Cracker might be a bit slow on the wing

I wanted to say ‘I’m not anti stats, but’. Ejeet me

I don’t know that many cities in UK one cannot walk safe at night, honestly. I am more scared of people I know than of strangers.
    So tell me GN5 how many days holidays a Canadian gets pa? I need a laugh

38 days in Austria!!! I am offski

LBG

Alan Ball according to the accompanying text.
    I wondered if anyone would have a go at identifying him.

Here’s the text
    Boxing Day 1972: Alan Ball (#AFC 1971-1976) scores against #NorwichCity. Ray Kennedy looks shocked. (From ‘It’s All About A Ball’.) #Arsenal

p.s. Cracker might be quite good in goal laid sideways. 🙂

p.p.s. Highbury in the snow was from January 1968 according to the accompanying text. It looks as though spectators were allowed on the North Bank because of the cover, even if access was a bit dodgy. Can’t imagine that happening now.

The holidays here vary from Province to Province and by the length of your employment and by your employer.

Here in we get nine long weekends a year (3 day weekends) and 14 days statuary vacation so 23 days a year in total. Unused vacation is accumulated and can be taken as a cash payment at the end of your employment or in additional days off in later years. Of course various unions also have negotiated contracts that differ from the normal.

Nowhere near as good as many other countries.

I think that about covers it.

36. jjgsol says:

Our 3 away games were against teams that we have had problems with away for years.

Now we have them out of the way perhaps the others will not be so challenging, provided that the players take each and every game seriously, not as we have seen in the past, when they have simply not turned up on occasion.

I had some friends in Canada and they were on 6 days a year plus some statutory after several years of service. I was on 30 days pa plus statutory and days off in lieu.

38. LBG says:

Chas, yes I recognise the red sideburns now in the action shots.
    I remember being on the South Bank, with my trusty homemade stool and the rough ,gravel concrete being covered in what I now know to be black ice. Definitely no health and safety.
    It was not uncommon at games where there was still snow on the terraces for away goalkeepers to be “bombed”, when the ref and stewards weren’t looking.

Eddie

I’ve just got home and read your 9:02. Frankly it simply cannot be true. I was involved in the management side of union negotiations for years on end and I had to know Canadian labour laws inside out and believe me when I say 6 days before statutory holiday is an untruth.

Vacation was never important to me as an employee but I always made sure my family went wherever they wanted to go. My wife and myself traveled extensively when I became self employed. Now we are retired we travel far less.

41. Jnyc says:

Great post GN5, looks like your worked hard on that for us. I dont like to predict based on opponents, it always seems to be wrong. I just hope for the best. I think we can get top 4 and surprise people.

For the further future, I hope we can get some contract renewels, considering ozil and Sanchez are lost. Such a waste. We should be working on that right now even before those upcoming games. Yes, we can deal with agents while our guys are playing internationals.

NEW POST

43. diracist says:

Manchester sides will dominate the top two positions followed by Spurs. The Gunners seem unlikely to make it to top 6 with such a poor performance against Watford. Chelsea and Liverpool on the other side will easily survive in top 6.
    Complete Fixtures/Results of the current season in the link below. It also allows one to filter by Matchweeks and by Clubs.
    Premier League 2017-18 Fixtures/Results and Clubs Standings