THE LATE DASH FOR THE ARSENAL EXIT DOOR

A little over 36 hours to the close of the window, and wow, it’s all happening at Arsenal.

Incredible really. Last season closed with ripples of optimism. The fabulous Cup win and the sexy new system. Add the three players down spine we needed, keep our best players, sell the obvious to clear the decks and free up wages and at least we’d have improved the on-field side of things 😊

The window began well. Now at August 30. What a bloody shambles. Sanchez, and Ox want out. We’re two CB’s down with Gabs away and Mustafi half way through the exit door

Let’s be realistic, it will be impossible to replace/upgrade all of those before tomorrow night, so we are in big time damage limitation. This means that any well thought out club transfer strategy is out of the window. This is by far and away the least professionally managed period I can remember in Arsenal history.

I won’t touch on names of possible recruits or exiters, but like many, I do wonder how this mess all came about so bloody late in the day. Something triggered the late dash for the exit as otherwise, for their own sakes, why didn’t these guys get their own careers sorted out earlier?

Written by mickydid89

155 Responses to THE LATE DASH FOR THE ARSENAL EXIT DOOR

1. Red Arnie says:

nice conversation catalyst, Micky. 🙂

quick question. what is the squad size situation now?

2. […] via THE LATE DASH FOR THE ARSENAL EXIT DOOR — […]

Oh no, Arnie, don’t go there. You’ll end up with a three page dossier on home grown numbers and all that stuff

4. arsenal-steve says:

Wenger is sick. We were in a great position to get another couple of quality players on top of Koselniac and Lacazette. The supporters were feeling confident. Then Wenger decided on clear out and we have a squad that is embarrassing. Wenger seems to need to destroy our early season games and then rise like a phoenix to snatch fourth place. He has become a true liability. How some supporters back him is insane. Personally, and I joke not, I think Wenger is trying to sabotage the Club. It seems his degree in Economics taints every football move the club makes. Arsenal are financially safe, wealthy and secure.But the team is crap, the players are unhappy, the supporters are unhappy, the pundits are unhappy, the press is unhappy, Wenger is suffering and deluded and Arsenal Football Club is suffering. Stan Kroenke has many sports teams and is becoming voraciously rich from our pockets. He is the only winner, the only happy one.

Steve

I’m not so sure it is Arsene that “decided to clear out”.

I reckon he imagined he could persuade the Sanchez’ and Oxen to stay, but for whatever reason, failed. Pure guesswork of course.

As is Steve’s comment. “I think Wenger is trying to sabotage the Club. It seems his degree in Economics taints every football move the club makes” 100% disagree. If there was more than 100%, I would disagree further.

On another note –

The media tell us that Chelsea and Liverpool are willing to buy Ox for 30+m, they have been doing so for a month.

2 days ago, the deal is done to Chelsea.

Today, Ox refuses to go to Chavs.

Where is the proof? Have AFC made a single statement? Has Ox? Have Chavs or L’pool?

No – none of the above.

As always, it is only true when it is on Arsenal.com or you hear it from AW’s mouth.

I realise that people need to vent, Steve being the perfect example but when accusing the club of the least professionally run period in memory I am curious as to how or what were they supposed to have done differently — renew Sanchez’ contract earlier, how? Renew OC’s contract earlier, again, how?

I think it would be a fair guess that Mustafi has asked to leave but with so many years left on his contract I feel again that it is a fair guess that he has been told that he was going no where and benched for his insubordination. If we are able to sign VVD then I can see Mustafi being granted his wish but otherwise he will remain on the bench until he tows the party line again. It’s all gone very quiet with VVD, this is all very Arsenal, its possible that Mustafi has heard about his arrival and has asked to move for that reason. it’s possible that that one was in the bag before Gabriel moved.

Back to the other want aways, it seems obvious that things have moved on as to how and when players choose to renew contracts. AW has stated that he thinks that far more players will see out their contract before resigning, let’s not forget we have already taken advantage of this with Kolasinic, although as good a piece of business that that was it will never beat Saul Campbell of course.

Sanchez and OC are doing the same as every other player who has only one year left on his contract, and let’s just stop and realise for a moment what that means, the player will be out of a job in a year’s time, no club, no income, no football and as such no player need to ask to leave any more. Today it is simply understood by everyone that such a player will be open to either moving to another club or resigning but in either case he will only do so when he knows what the best deal available which usually means who will pay him the most money.

And again in both cases that still isn’t clear and so to accuse the club of unprofessionalism when there is nothing more they could have done to answer such questions is wrong in my opinion.

What am I missing?

Erik

It’s all guesswork, as rightly the club won’t reveal all, but that’s what blogging is for ie pub talk

9. Red Arnie says:

good show. how about throwing some intercontinental ballistic missiles or some cluster bombs in the mix. in good measure. 🙂

10. Red Arnie says:

Oh, BTW, forget to complement you Micky on the wonderful title! 🙂

11. Red Arnie says:

Steve. What a rant, man! take a bow!! 🙂

12. Red Arnie says:

crocodile Neville sheds sad tears at Arsenal plight. sob sob. 😦

Arnie

My didn’t happen post yesterday had the word OXidisation in the title. Then things happened 🙂

The whole feckin thing is a farcical charade brought on by the obscene amounts of money pumped into the game by TV.
    Bang average players being sold for ludicrously inflated prices.

I’m really not sure I want a part of it anymore.

I’m starting to detest our players, our manager and our fans (not necessarily in that order).
    I already detest all of the other teams.
    Where does that leave me?

15. Red Arnie says:

Brilliant, Micky. oXidisation! wow!!

Chas. agree. under the circumstances, happy-ish with the way we conduct transfer dealings. very respectable, certainly as compared with the numpties and ejeets that populate the PL world view!

16. That’s fine Chas but remember The Faltering Fullback is a great place to meet for a drink 😃

Chas

Can I buy you a kebab and make things better? 🙂

18. wally says:

A player won’t sign a new contract and wenger thinks this is fine. They’ll put in a good effort to get a good deal elsewhere. Based on the evidence that’s working out brilliantly isn’t it. Next he’ll be telling us he will never sell his best players. Oh wait…..
    And if it was just about money those two would have signed already wouldn’t they. Clearly there are other issues that are driving their decision and we saw a boatload of them on Sunday. We now have at least two guys on the squad that don’t want to be here and wenger’s thinks he can change them. This is not a rational thought process is it.
    What could the club have done? It’s not rocket science is it. Sold them, long ago, and be done with the issue and move on. Like the women who marry mass murderers wenger thinks he can save them, he can turn them around. If they try to keep these players who want out then top 10 is unlikely. We won’t have to change managers every year to keep falling down the table.
    Henry identified the problem. He’s not the only one nor the first one. The culture at the club is not good. Bringing in new players won’t change that. It’ll simply make them bad players too.

Nothing will change until there is change. The sooner the better.

ps you can have a salad with drizzle on it AND beer

I think the reason Sanchez and Ox want out is because Ramsey keeps getting selected.

They waited until the last minute of the window in hope, but once dashed, they dashed

Can there really be any truth in the story that Chelsea offered 40m for The Ox and that he turned them down?

22. fatgingergooner says:

Remember this? How many of these are going to be important Arsenal players by the end of this summer? Wenger put his faith in a British core and it’s been a failure, as was the non British core of youngsters he put his faith in ie Cesc, Denilson, Nasri, Diaby etc. Probably a good time to start signing established internationals such as Cech, Mustafi, Lacazette, Kolasinac, Özil, Sanchez etc…..oh wait, we’ve done that aswell!

We are f**ked! 😂

23. fatgingergooner says:

I believe that Chelsea had a bid accepted but I do t believe it to be anywhere near £40m. I reckon Ox turned it down because they wanted him as wing back cover for Alonso and Moses rather than attacking midfield where he wants to play. I’m not sure Liverpool will come in for him unless Coutinho goes and they panic buy him, but if Coutinho does go then that means Arsenal know they have lots of cash and very little time to replace him, whereas Liverpool know he wants to leave and he only has 12 months left on contract. Could be an interesting negotiation.

fattie – I hate saying it ‘I told you so’ but thought tooth and nail with GiE saying that project youth is not working. It is actually sad to look at fresh faces of Jack, Carl in particular.

yep, we are fecked.

can anyone explain to me why we are innendated with news of 20 dead in Houston but not a word about more than 1000 dead in Sierra Leone. I am sick of this world, I want to get off

26. If I don’t put this up someone else will ……..

27. Pretty sad for Gibbs …………. never complained and always did what he was told. Hope he does well for the Baggies.

Blimey, Peaches, it’s panto time at Arsenal!

Agree about Gibbs, Gunner, therefore one of the good guys.

I won’t be around for a while – I don’t like the general tone so i will save myself the grief and lay low.

30. Red Arnie says:

FGG. “We are f**ked!” Yes, but we knew that from the start, did we not? 🙂

Eddie, my dear, that was not what FGG said. I think he said: project “British youngsters” failed; Project “Foreign youngsters” failed; and “Project fat-money-proven-talent” also failed. hence, ….. we are fecked anyways, whatever we do. doom! 🙂

Thanks for the post Mickey, there’s no point in pretending that the topic isn’t going to be the elephant in the room for the next few days. It will be a relief when Thursday passes. We can’t deny that most of us are unhappy with the way things are, and that is not what football supposed to bring us. I agree with Chas, it is the money that’s the problem, and I guess football will never be the same again. I guess we will all have to learn to enjoy it in a different way and with different expectations.

32. In other news ………….. it’s still raining!!!!!!!!!!

33. RC78 says:

The last transfers windows have been a disaster. We were given smoke in the mirror with the signing of a marquee player and extension of British players but we have not fully addressed core issues that are hampering our team;

1. Defensive frailty
    2. Physicality
    3. Penetration/Goals
    4. Attitude/Hunger

Marquee players signed:
    – Cech
    – Ozil
    – Sanchez
    – Lacazette

British players extended that neven fullfilled their potential with us:
    – Jenkinson, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox, Walcott

If you want to address the 4 core issues fully (except for point 3 for the GK), you need to sign players that can give you all 4 and not only one at a time and you need to balance your squad properly.

Cech and Sanchez meets all attributes. Ozil not so much and Lacazette is not a physical player nor particularly hungry or attracted by defensive duties

If we want to address these issues in the last few days, we need to buy 4 players knowing that Mustafi, Ox and Sanchez are leaving:

– Back up RB -> ?
    – Starting CB -> Koulibaly
    – Starting DM -> Carvalho, Pereira, Krychowiak, Gueye, Martinez
    – Starting FW -> Mahrez

Cech – Bellerin, KOULIBALY, Kos, Koli – Xhaka, PEREIRA, Wilshere – Ramsey, Mahrez – Lacazette

OR

Cech – Bellerin, Kouli, Kos, Koli – Walcott, Xhaka, Pereira, Mahrez – Giroud, Lacazette

In any case, we only have a few days to address those 4 issues. We can do it but will we? We have the cash for sure but are we attractive enough at the moment? All it takes is a strong signal – buy a player that is sought after for a big sum like Koulibaly and Mahrez and the rest is history…

34. omgarsenal says:

The entire article is pure BS. These are simply media-inspired rumours that Mickey decided to believe because he is in panic mode, not Wenger. If any of you moaners want the truth, go to Arsenal.com and wait for any OFFICIAL announcements, otherwise it is pure offal.

omg. Right – one week from now we shall see who is a bigger bullshitter, you or Sir DidIt. I have my money of the latter

Be sure you are here next Wednesday to face the music boy

36. LBG says:

I always agree with Chas, and I want to buy him a very hot and spicy curry to have with Micky. But I agree even more with Peaches and think there will always be the FFB……and it’s still raining.

37. chas mobile says:

Haha, a very hot and spicy curry because you know they make me feel poorly?

LBG

Are you disrespecting the kebab? 🙂

39. fatgingergooner says:

Modern football seems to be more about the transfer window than the actual season. Fans happy to write off their entire season hopes based on what happens when the footballs not even being played! 😂 Absolutely crazy.

No doubt that money has made the TW vital to clubs, but let’s not forget there are still lots of matches to be played. Great teams often come out of nowhere and who knows, maybe Wenger somehow stumble upon the answers we need when the actual football begins again.

I must say I do enjoy the drama of the TW myself and I love to gossip about who we might sign and who we might have to sell, but it will be great when Thursdays gone and we can just be fans of the team again, whatever state it’s in!

Agreed FGG. I’m loving it. Drinkwater?

Oh, and promote Iwobi, of course.

OMG
    Now look here Father Christmas, anymore of that Didit’s on a panic nonsense and I’ll get my techie bloke to hack your diary and delete Dec 25
    So behave 😀

Any spare tickets knocking around for the 9th?

Ok …. it just got even more exasperating …. We need defenders … good defenders …. we’ve just confirmed Gibbs is sold and Totnum have just signed the first of 2 defenders …. and they’re not even short in that department 😡

44. GhostFace says:

“Sanchez, and Ox want out. We’re two CB’s down with Gabs away and Mustafi half way through the exit door”

Spot on Peaches.

Ozil will be off too.

Its gone beyond stale and the club is completely devoid of direction and leadership

45. fatgingergooner says:

Swansea possibly getting Renato Sanches on loan from Bayern due to Clements links with the club. Surely he’d be a decent signing for us? Not like Bayern are a rival of ours these days.

Also, Seri still available from Nice and they’ve missed out on CL so he might come. Mahrez still an option. Lots of players who could fill the attacking holes we have.

I do also think that Wenger is going to pop up with a top class CB or CM player before the window shuts, but not convinced it will be both.

46. fatgingergooner says:

I mentioned Drinkwater earlier Micky. People were convinced when Arteta was signed to play as a DM but did a decent job. At least Drinkwater is disciplined and stays in his position!

47. fatgingergooner says:

Question:-

If nobody else leaves, how do we rate this window?

Surely at the beginning of it, it was all about keeping the squad together. Is that now no longer the aim given that we ‘think’ that all, or some of Ox, Özil, Mustafi and Sanchez are causing disruption in the dressing room?

48. RC78 says:

Ox is going for sure – Liverpool has to meet the asking price and will do so

Sanchez and Mustafi – still in the air. If AW gets Mahrez and Evans, he will let these two go

Ozil is staying and will renew his contract

FGG, if we brush the ‘everyone hates Arsenal’ chip off our shoulders and let non Arsenal supporters answer that question …. I think the resounding verdict on our TW window would be “very Arsenal” 😳

50. I treated myself to a couple of hours off ………. anything exciting happen while I was gone? It’s still raining 😦

51. RC78 says:

My other team PSG is loaded with money and is trying to build a squad to win the Champions league

At the moment, the squad looks lethal offensively but still we lack a great GK and balance in midfield but our attack is looking sharp

We will play Emery’s favorite 4-3-2-1 with:

Areola – Alves, Marquinhos, Silva, Kurzawa – Verratti, Motta, Rabiot – Neymar, Mbappe – Cavani

Trapp – Meunier, Kimpembe, RECRUIT, Berirche – Lo Celso, RECRUIT, Nkunku – Draxler, Pastore – Lucas

Out: Krychowiak, Di Maria and Ben Arfa
    In until the end of the window: a CB and a DM

Our first team is looking sharp and our bench is not too bad either especially going forward

RC78 🙂 🙂 🙂 … do you really think that is what we want to hear?

Quick chas, dig out some more sliders 🙂

I may join GN5. And LB reflects my mood

May I remind everyone that it is just 3 games and 270 minutes since we lifted the FA Cup.

Yes, we lost to L’pool at Anfield in a craven manner, we have done so before and are likely to again.

Get a grip.

54. RC78 says:

The CB could be Upmecano and the DM could be Fabinho

55. RC78 says:

RASP – just wanted to say that if you want to build a competitive team nowadays, you must spend quite some cash. Just heard that Liverpool will agree on a ridiculous amount for Van Dijk 😦

56. RC78 says:

I look at Everton and I like their team and I think that West Ham will also come good in a few games’ time.

Everton has spent wisely and if they keep Barkley, they have a real chance to actually do better than us this year.

In terms of squad:
    Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham are clearly above us
    Everton are not too far if not par with us (that is us with Sanchez)

Pickford – Coleman, Jagielka, Keane, Baines – Gueye, Schnederlin – Mirallas, Sigurdsson, Bolasie – Rooney

What do you say compared to our starting XI?

57. So …….. £40m apparently for Ox, I wonder how quickly we can spend that 🙂

58. Do L’pool want Ox and Lemar?

59. fatgingergooner says:

RC78,

Football goes far beyond what a team looks like on paper, which I’m sure you already know. Whilst Everton first 11 looks half decent, beyond that it’s pretty average. It takes a few good windows and a bit of luck to build a really good team. It also takes some loyalty, which is becoming very rare.

60. fatgingergooner says:

Peaches,

I imagine if Coutinho goes they will want cover. Can’t see Lemar moving though.

61. fatgingergooner says:

£40m for Ox! Delighted with that. I know he could be a great player, but ‘could be’ isn’t what we need right now. We need experience and know how and some players who know what defensive duties are.

62. fatgingergooner says:

Is the home grown rule going to be an issue with Ox on the way out? I guess it means Wilshere and Walcott are likely to be staying?

63. fatgingergooner says:

Do you think if we send Ox to West Brom and Gibbs to Liverpool anyone will notice!? 😂

I’m not that bothered about the Ox or Sanchez going, what I want is us to sign a top central defender and a midfielder who can pull the whole team together

66. fatgingergooner says:

Couldn’t agree more Rasp. I’d rather take a hit in the talent department if it means we have a team who play as a team and fight as a team and show some solidity. Pretty football is great, but when I was playing I was always told you had to earn the right to play. That seems to have been forgotten by a lot of our players.

68. Cheers Micky

Yes, dash for the exit. I usually get that when my internet date turns up only to find that those pics I posted of a man with the look of a late night woodland roamer, are really me.

In some ways once the Ox potential buyer discovers hes is a bit shit and enjoys a 3 am aimless country stroll, they will experience the same feeling as my date? Unlike her though, there will be no restaurant toilet window offering escape, so they will be reduced to discovering his passing is crap and that if your naked, Owls attack.

Same goes for Sanchez. Tell that man his tactical remit is to support the fullback and play two touch football, he will hear “i will get the ball, take everyone on, play a crap pass, and after celebrate by posting a picture of a couple of dogs” Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man was very lucky Sanchez didn’t audition.

Besides, I genuinely feel we can still win the league. This clear out is exactly what we need.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring.

6:36 superb

Wow, really looks as though Ox has gone to Pool

Sad he hasn’t made it with us, although great he snubbed Chelsea on his way out

and that if your naked, Owls attack ha ha ha

71. fred1266 says:

RC78 I don’t CARE (no disrespect)

72. fred1266 says:

Any thing things would be been such dome and gloom if we had just beaten stoke but lost to Liverpool

I trying to think how I reflect BR’s mood?

It must stem from my comment that if you hear a loud bang and a feeble whimper then it is just me having gone into a dark room and done the honourable thing.

Chin up BR there is always alcohol 🙂

74. fatgingergooner says:

14 years Service cut into an 81 second video. How depressing is that! They don’t make left backs like Roberto Carlos anymore.

Oh, please, please, please let it be true.

Right, Hector get on the correct side of the field and release the human bulldozer on the left.

76. fred1266 says:

Thanks Chas for those gibbo memories

77. fatgingergooner says:

I recall discussions a few years ago about Ox, Ramsey and Wilshere being our future midfield. Oh dear! Not looking good is it? 😂

Seriously, what is going on? We seem incapable of scouting and buying quality. I know money attracts the very best, but surely we can find some talent in the price bracket we are shopping at?

78. fred1266 says:

Chas you definitely get my vote for father of the year

79. fatgingergooner says:

Incomings over the last few years:-

Sanogo MISS
    Perez MISS
    Holding
    Asano MISS
    Xhaka
    Lacazette
    Kolasinac

Not many really successful signings in there and a lot of misses. The transfer market really is a gamble.

80. Definitely fred. I vote chas but that Steven Fox bloke is in with a shout.

81. fatgingergooner says:

Kaveh Sohlekol saying on twitter that Ox turned down £180k from us and £220k from Chelsea to sign for Liverpool at £125k. Also says that Liverpool see him as long term replacement for Milner. WTF!? Maybe they actually think they have signed Gibbs!? 😂

Of all the transfer rumours, I hope the bit about being a Milner replacement is true.

82. That’s brilliant fog – long term replacement for Milner 😂😂😂

83. fatgingergooner says:

Peaches 😂😂😂

David Ornstein just tweeted that we have no money for major signings and won’t be replacing Ox. The comments from Arsenal fans are embarrassing.

84. fatgingergooner says:

This is a great website. It tells you which newspapers give the most accurate transfer rumours going back to 2006. The highest is the Guardian with a success rate of 37.6%. The worst? You guessed it, Metro at a ridiculous 13.9% success rate. People believe this shit! 😂

85. Where’s Zee when you need him …………. are we within ‘homegrown’ numbers now we’ve lost ox and Gibbs?

I wonder if AW fancies giving Jack one more chance in midfield? …. assuming he c an remain free of injury.

If that last story is true, the money lost through missing out on the CL is having a serious effect on our transfer negotiations.

I do hope we’ve learned the lesson of not overpaying average players

87. store Fronts says:

store Fronts

THE LATE DASH FOR THE ARSENAL EXIT DOOR |

88. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

Given that we offered Ox £180k a week, I think not! 😄

Yes, that is shocking …. why? I like The Ox, but no way is he worth that kind of money unless he is important to keep up our home grown quota

And that we bought Lacazette for 50+m

Really looking forward to deadline day. Should be some fireworks.

Will Ox go? Will Mustafi go on loan? Can we get rid of Debuchy etc

Will we sign anyone?

Maybe 50-70m for Sanchez will see us bring in one more top class player. My quick maths tells me that with the money for the Ox and Gibbs, we are currently at about the break even point

93. fred1266 says:

Ospina miss (what you all smoking over there)

94. fatgingergooner says:

To get £40m for him with only 11 months on his contract is a good deal. Could turn out to be a good deal for Liverpool too if he hits his peak, but no guarantee of that. Hopefully we spend the cash on an improvement or two. Going to be a long day tomorrow.

95. fatgingergooner says:

Fred,

Suppose he’s done ok as a sub GK, but he’s not exactly been a hit has he?

96. fatgingergooner says:

Inter saying they won’t make any more signings, so looks like Mustafi may be staying. Apparently they made enquiries but didn’t happen. That could possibly suggest we turned them down. Good news though as I don’t mind Mustafi. Hopefully he can establish himself and kick on.

97. fred1266 says:

I think he done better, than ok sometimes cech does worse than Ospina but doesn’t get as much criticism IMO

98. Red Arnie says:

Pray what’s wrong with being “very Arsenal”?

Hi Arne, whether we like it or not, we have a reputation for certain things …. I shall say no more 😂😂

100. fatgingergooner says:

As we stand right now:

Cech Ospina

Bellerin Maitland-Niles

Kolasinac Monreal

Koscielny Mustafi Merts Holding Chambers

Xhaka Coquelin Elneny

Ramsey Wilshere Cazorla

Özil Walcott Nelson

Sanchez Iwobi Welbeck

Lacazette Giroud

From that list you can see how vulnerable we are at CB … particularly if we play 3 at the back. A proper HM to shield them or a quality CB is our greatest need.

102. fatgingergooner says:

The right hand side doesn’t look great either with Maitland-Niles, Nelson and Walcott in there. Think M-N is more a CM and Nelson still young. CB and CM definitely priorities though. IF we sign someone it has to be one of those positions.

103. Rishi_at_unc@yahoo.fr says:

Confirmed – City offers 76 mln EUR for Sanchez. They sent lawyers to London and a medical staff in Latin America. It s over.

104. fatgingergooner says:

We only sell Sanchez if we get a replacement. I’d be happy for him to go if it means City giving us the £70m to buy Lemar or someone like Reus. If not, he stays imo.

105. RC78 says:

We are going for Mahrez or Aguero

106. oz gunner says:

Does anyone want Walcott? Anyone?

Anyone?

Haven’t we already brought Sanchez’ replacement in Lacazette?

108. I thought Lacazette was to help us score more goals.

…. yes, hence the call for a HM or CB

We scored 10 more goals last season than the season before … and look where that got us 😳

111. fatgingergooner says:

Gabriel £11.1m
    Toral £3m
    Hinds £2m
    Crowley UNDISC
    Bennacer UNDISC
    Mourgos UNDISC

Figures from Transfer League.co.uk. So we are about £20-£25m up according to that. A lot of hysteria given that we haven’t really weakened other than losing a 4th choice CB. Tomorrow could still be a good window depending on the outcome. Could also be a very bad one too! 😄

112. goonerjake says:

Will the last person at the emirates please turn out the lights…….

I’m not that depressed really…..

113. fatgingergooner says:

Last season was strange in that the top 6 or 7 absolutely demolished the other 13/14 teams. This season already though we’ve seen Stoke beat Arsenal, Spurs draw at home to Burnley, Liverpool draw with Watford, Chelsea lose at home to Burnley, City draw at home to Everton. So it will be much tighter between the European places and the rest of the league if the start is anything to go by.

114. fatgingergooner says:

If PSG need to sell for FFP (not that they care about that!) I wonder if we could nip in and get Rabiot or Draxler.

Arsene’s always been keen on Draxler

116. chas mobile says:

117. Gosh, how true is that chas ……….

118. fatgingergooner says:

Mahrez leaving Leicester but don’t know where he’s going yet. He’s been allowed to leave Algeria camp to finalise move. Sounds like a hush hush Arsenal type deal but we shall see.

and how will you guys feel if the club doesn’t sign anybody else?

120. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

If we don’t sell anyone else then I’ll be ok with it, although I’d rather us get a CB than trust Monreal, Kolasinac, Chambers and Holding as replacements for the whole season.

If Sanchez goes and nobody comes in then it will be awful at the club for quite a while I imagine. If we only get someone like Mahrez to replace Sanchez and Ox then that won’t be enough for a whole lot of people.

I think I told you the story about my mad professor. He was lecturing in computer science and was a proper anorak, even wore one. It was something unpleasant about him, brrrr

On top of his weird persona he talked utter b***x saying that very soon we will be doing everything on computers – buying, selling, banking, talking to each other, listening to music, watching movies….etc. Idiot, computers were the size of my house, you needed stacks of carboard cards to feed them just to see ‘Hello’ displayed on the screen, you couldn’t go near them with food or drink, and they costed a fortune.

Sorry anorak, I should have listened to your lectures instead of taking the piss

fattie – I agree. If we don’t sell Sanchez then Lacazette should fill in the gap. Does Ox really need to be replaced? There are enough greedy little bastards left on the bench to step in. I won’t be surprised if nobody else joins till January

Well Heeelllloooo

Exciting day ahead

124. fatgingergooner says:

My issue would be RWB cover when Ox leaves. We’d probably end up using A M-N or Nelson, or perhaps someone like Elneny could find himself out there from time to time. At RW/AM we still have Theo and Özil out there plus Welbs/Lacazette/Iwobi/Sanchez/Nelson could do a job if needed.

Eddie

Lacazette is a striker. Sanchez our leftie

If Sanchez goes and no-one comes in at all, I’d be staggered if we made top 10

FGG

Surely RWB cover is now Debs or M-N

127. Morning guys

I’ve penned a few words to start the day so that micky doesn’t have to keep scrolling.

Shall I put it up now and you can move your early comments over?

micky – now you are talking tactical BS. Both Sanchez and Lacasomething were purchased to score goals, lots of goals.

Mehrez spotted at the airport in Paris last night. Photos to prove it exist. So he is not joining the AFC

129. I’m with micky …………… it’s gonna be an exciting day 🙂

130. fatgingergooner says:

Micky,

I don’t understand when people say Lacazette is Sanchez replacement. Surely Lacazette is Perez replacement i.e. We’ve upgraded, and someone would need to come in to cover Sanchez leaving i.e. Mahrez or Lemar? Plus we still need to replace Gabriel imo and we are probably short a midfield enforcer, but Wenger has never wanted one before so that’s not going to change now with Wilshere and Cazorla eventually coming back into the squad.

131. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie, they do medicals and contract talks all over the place so wouldn’t read too much into that, although Monaco might be after a Lemar replacement! How far is Paris from Monaco!? 😂

132. fatgingergooner says:

If Debuchy plays for Arsenal again I will be very shocked.

sorry, sorry, Mehrez taking flight to Barcelona

134. fatgingergooner says:

Eddie,

If true then Coutinho staying at Liverpool and Ox on their bench! 😂

fattie – don’t know, you have to ask Ant

who is that Ox people keep on going on about??

I just HATE players who play like never before just because they want a move. Shits, traitors, greedy little bastards. I am in a bad mood today.

Morning all, exciting and exasperating in equal measure … we’ll only know which is the appropriate description once 11 passes

139. OK ………… so ignore me …………… I’m gonna put it up

140. fatgingergooner says:

Sanchez stays.

141. Move your discussion over if you want to ……..

Eddie Eddie Eddie

Calm down Darling. I read (yes, I know) that Ox had better wage offers than he’s getting at Pool, which means he’s genuinely moving for footballing reasons.

143. There’s a NEW POST ……………….

I’d take Mahrez if Sanchez goes …. we don’t yet know how clinical a finisher Lacaz will be and Oli seems to have a renewed thirst for goals, but you’re right FGG … we need defenders and midfielders who are interested in defending …. we proved last season that scoring more goals doesn’t necessarily win us more games

Rasp

Very true. 11pm is the only time to see where we are

ok, new page, let’s go

147. fatgingergooner says:

£55m + £5m add on according to Balague. He reckons deal is close but we’ve asked for time to go sign Lemar which apparently we are confident we can do. Sounds like rubbish given we had given up on Lemar.