Next up we travel to Anfield to play Liverpool

I always get a thrill when I hear the traditional names of the stadiums, well that’s not entirely true as I get a totally different feeling when I here White Hart Lane or Old Trafford but generally the names strike a very pleasing chord with me. As commercialism has taken over the names of yore are fast disappearing. Recently Mike Ashley was forced to change the name of the Newcastle ground back to St. James Park after the Geordie fans echoed their horror at their ground being called after his Sports Direct business.

Anyway I’ve always been a fan of Liverpool and their style of football especially with my in-laws being Liverpudlians, on each family visit they always managed to get me a ticket and their fans were just incredible just being among them when they sang the “Liverpool Anthem” used to give me goose bumps.

I managed to see one game against Arsenal and even though I was in with the Liverpool crowd they treated me exceptionally well – that is they didn’t aim their rolled up newspapers at me when they took a leak.

Overall Liverpool has the edge over us – but as you can see below after playing 182 league games against each other there is a difference of a mere 4 games.

W D L GF GA
Total Home Games 40 31 20 140 80
Total Away Games 24 19 48 105 175
Total Games 64 50

245 255

Now here is our complete league record (home first). –

Enjoy the game everybody and I hope the Arsenal strut their stuff and keep the Pool supporters in their seats.

Written by GunnerN5

113 Responses to Next up we travel to Anfield to play Liverpool

Behave Fred 🙂

Thank you GN5.
    Like many, I suspect, I have always been envious of the Anfield atmosphere, especially when they pull out all the stops on European nights.

Good morning,

Yea Micky – Anfield is special in many ways – only dedicated fans can create that special type of feeling. They have an unbridled love for their team and it shows. Win, lose or draw they always sing their anthem before, during and after every game.

Chas, thank you for adding the Steve Gerrard farewell video, it’s one that cannot be watched without getting a tear in your eye – well at least in this old man’s eye.

It’s a tough place for Arsenal to gain any points, as our away record show’s, so a win would be an unexpected bonus.

5. RC78 says:

We have to play à la Mourinho against Liverpool. They are lethal on the counter but we should try to control the pace and also play more defensive than usual to snatch a draw at least.

Here is my line-up:
    Cech – Bellerin, Mustafi, BFG, Monreal – Oxlade, Ramsey, Xhaka, Koli – Lacazette, Giroud

Ramsey and Lacazette to pull the strings

Hi RC78, I would make one change to your line up and swap Giroud for Sanchez (AW said today that’s he’s good to go) to start and bring Giroud on, if needed, at the 65 minute mark.

7. VP of Oz says:

Cech – Bellerin, Mustafi, BFG, Oxlade, Koli – Ramsey, Xhaka – Ozil, Sanchez – Lacazette

8. VP of Oz says:

Will our latest rumours Van Dijk and Benzema be ready to play against Liverpool?

ARSENAL
    INS: Sead Kolasinac (free, Schalke), Alexandre Lacazette (£46.4m, Lyon).

OUTS: Chris Willock (free, Benfica), Stefan O’Connor (free, Newcastle), Yaya Sanogo (free, Toulouse), Kaylen Hinds (undisclosed, Wolfsburg), Glen Kamara (free, Dundee), Marc Bola (loan, Bristol Rovers), Wojciech Szczesny (£10m, Juventus), Damian Martinez (loan, Getafe), Stephy Mavididi (loan, Preston), Gabriel (£10m, Valencia), Carl Jenkinson, Cohen Bramall (both loan, both Birmingham), Ismael Bennacer (undisclosed, Empoli), Savvas Mourgos (undisclosed, Norwich), Jon Toral (£3m, Hull City), Kristopher da Graca and Kostas Pileas (both released).

10. RC78 says:

– Van Dijk not joining Arsenal
    – Benzema extends his contract with Real

From the last post on transfers:
    – Buy 1 CB – Koulibaly (Napoli)
    – Buy 1 DM – Gundogan (Roma)
    – Buy 1 Winger/FW – Mertens (Napoli)

Cech – Bellerin, Koulibaly, Kos, Koli – Oxlade, Ramsey, Gundogan, Xhaka, Sanchez – Lacazette

Opsina – Mustafi, Holding, BFG, Monreal – El Neny, Coquelin – Walcott, Ozil, Wellbeck – Giroud

No space for Wilshere RC78?

12. fred1266 says:

Nice draw for spurs

Cheers, GN5.

Liverpool away is tough when they have their full pressing game going.
    I’ve heard that the Anfield atmosphere can be pretty dire when not winning against bottom half opposition. Same as anywhere, I suppose. YNWA is always emotional though.

Oh well that’s spuds out……..

Who they got, LB?

Haha, just looked, RM and BD. Heehee.

Apoel as well.
    Maybe a few injuries when clubbing in Ayia Napa.

5:45 looks like the bro’s had a good time.

I don’t enjoy L’pool away. Apart from 26/5/89 of course.

For some reason we rarely perform. I would take a point

4 English clubs have easy groups.

20. chas mobile says:

21. chas mobile says:

Aye

Tell you what, the may be some shit teams in the Spursday Cup, but there are some far superior destinations than you get in the grown up cup.

St Petersburg, Vienna, Prague

Morning Vote

Should we try in The Europa?

I vote Yes. Of course we should.

Was that Young Eddie on the blog yesterday? Good to see her gravatar.

I am more excited about Europa than about Wednesday night pilates

27. Oh …….. you’re there 🙂 who did that? I’ve been searching for you.

28. GN5 that is an epic piece of work ………… thank you.

you did silly P 🙂

micky – another thing that really pissed me off this summer what realization that most love song artists were gay, and when I was crying listening to their moving lyrics and imagining myself in their arms, they were loving geezers. Horrible. The rest were heroin addicts at the very best. I never liked Rod Stewart.

Gay? Do they know?

raddy – I would Imagine so. some women have bollox but no dicks

33. goonerjake says:

Should we take the europa seriously?

First few rounds play a young side plus a few of the less used first team players.

However later rounds play a stronger team.

Looked at champions league draw and tried to work out likely teams to drop into europa league via third places. I think even with these it would be highly winnable

34. fred1266 says:

OK besides Korn were are the countries of the other team

We have been drawn against BATE Borisov, Cologne and Red Star Belgrade in the Europa League group stage.

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/arsenal-drawn-europa-league-group-h#imLFdrakbEc70sqZ.99

Hi all, looking at that draw, we should be able to take the competition seriously as well as giving some of our young emerging talent the chance to show what they can do. I was reminded on the radio that H Kane was played in the totts EL fixtures and did so well he forced his way into the first team … maybe Bielik, Maitland Nyles (con) Nelson et al couid do the same.

With Ospina in goal, Chambers at the back, Jack in midfield and Reiss up front, we’d have a good spine to the team.

… incidently … IMHO, The Ox is gone. Not because of the nonsense in the media, but because of his body language. I’ve seen the same respectful head down posture when not engaged in play from TH14, Cesc, BSR and even the immensely overrated (by himself) Alex Song. It’s a shame, I love The Ox, but he’s made his mind up, he wants away, and the longer we fail to move on those whose pay is greater than their talent, the more likely it is that we have to let him go to balance the wage sheet.

BATE Borisov, Cologne, Red Star Belgrade

Not a lot for the foodies there………………….

Never been to Belgrade and Serbia could be interesting. Some research needs to be done.

Wow, this is an unappetizing draw

Reckon dish of the day in Serbia most likely to be brutally murdered steamed baby bear

I’ll wait for Round 2

Ćevapi (pronounced [tɕɛv̞ǎːpi]) or ćevapčići (formal diminutive, [tɕɛv̞ǎptʃitɕi], ћевапчићи) is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of skinless sausage, found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (the Balkans). They are considered a national dish in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia and are also common in Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Albania, Slovenia, as well as in Republic of Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania.

Ćevapi has its origins in the Balkans during the Ottoman period, and represents a regional speciality similar to the kofte kebab.

They are usually served of 5–10 pieces on a plate or in a flatbread (lepinje or somun), often with chopped onions, sour cream, kajmak, ajvar, feta cheese, minced red pepper and salt. Bosnian ćevapi are made from two types of minced beef meat, hand mixed and formed with a funnel, while formed ćevapi are grilled. Serb ćevapčići are made of either beef, lamb or pork or mixed.

Stuffed peppers are a traditional dish in all Southeastern European cuisines. Most commonly they are prepared by filling the peppers with a mixture of minced meat, rice and several spices.

Traditionally in Bulgaria the filling is made of rice steamed in advance, onions, minced meat and spices, heat-treated and crammed into pre-cleaned, washed and riddled with needle peppers. After filling of peppers, they are put in a baking dish, water is added and the dish is baked in the oven. If raw egg is added to the cooled stuffing, filled peppers can be cooked in a pan, as the pods are boiled almost steamed.

Besides minced meat and rice, other fillings may be used, such as vegetables (for example leek) and rice, beans, or fresh cheese and eggs. The peppers themselves can be either fresh or dried. Dried red peppers are used especially in southeastern Serbia around Pirot and Dimitrovgrad, often in winter.

Pljeskavica (Serbian Cyrillic: пљескавица, pronounced [pʎɛ̂skaʋitsa]), a grilled dish of spiced meat patty mixture of pork, beef and lamb, is a national dish of Serbia, also popular in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia.It is a main course served with onions,] kajmak (milk cream), ajvar (relish), and urnebes (spicy cheese salad), either on plate with side dishes, or with lepinja (flatbread, as a type of hamburger[. Recently, Pljeskavica has gained popularity elsewhere in Europe and is served in a few speciality fast food restaurants in Germany, Sweden, and Austria. Varieties include the “Leskovac Pljeskavica” (Leskovačka pljeskavica) very spicy with onions, “Šar Pljeskavica” (Šarska pljeskavica) stuffed with kačkavalj cheese, “Hajduk Pljeskavica” (Hajdučka pljeskavica) of beef mixed with smoked pork meat, and “Vranje Pljeskavica” (Vranjanska pljeskavica).[5]

The Leskovac Pljeskavica is an official brand of Serbia.

Or English staples…………

Ham, eggs and chips
    Fish and chips.
    Bacon sandwich
    Sausage sandwich
    Toad in the Hole.
    Chicken Pie
    Steak and Kidney Pie

Still wait for Round 2. Never convinced by a skinless banger 🙂

But good research GN5.

4:40 Food of The Gods 🙂

Tonight I’m cooking dinner and it’s Swedish meatballs, Spaghetti and tomato based sauce – nice and simple – washed down with an Australian red wine.

Ah ha, I see Barce have signed Dembele, which has apparently left “Concerned Coutinho very low”

That’s a shame just ahead of our visit 🙂

What’s a Swedish meatball
    Serious question, so no references to nudity and saunas

Micky just a variation on a traditional meatball but using a mixture of ground beef and ground pork.

Terry would have a far better response.

Sounds delicious. I am making a Friday night BLT.

chicken

marinated in fresh ginger, garlic, lemon juice, Worcester and paprika

bbq’d with rosemary branches added to fire to scent

poncey enough 🙂

What sides do you have with it Micky ?

testing a word

Micky. I am coming over to yours. Though I expect GN5 has a better wine selection

U23’s playing Liverpool tonight. Must be on a stream somewhere

Mustafi out VVD in, quite a coup … I’d take that deal. It’s only a room at the moment, but something in my gut tells me it might even happen

Raddy, my wine is subject to high rate of evaporation!!

60. Jnyc says:

Rasp,
    Great observation about the Oxlade body language. Respectful, but determined look, determined because he’s made his decision, and it’s probably less about his agent and money than most people think.
    I don’t think he’ll make much more at a club like Chelsea than our latest offer (I’m not even sure he will start for them) .. but i think he was always unhappy as a winger, and now probably more so at wingback.

I was really angry when i thought he was playing games in negotiations, angling for a free transfer payday. Now I know i was wrong. I believe it’s true that he’s turned down a very nice raise and made it clear he won’t renew. If so, he has been honest and given the club time to sell him this window, which I respect.
    There is a market for an English international with loads of raw ability. I think it’s a big mistake to lose a player like him for nothing.

I’d prefer he signed and stayed, but you have to at least respect his reasons.

Hi Jny, as much as I like and rate The Ox, he’s not worth 180k a week. The thing that mystifies me is whether he would be a regular first team starter for the chavs? …. I doubt it. He would probably have a chance of a regular start for pool.

Rasp
    You can’t just go around calling people girlie names for fun you know 🙂
    Poor Johnny

🙂 Micky, I’ve edited myself 🙂

Hoping everyone loses today

Well done Ruth 🙂

Raddy – I want Mayweather, Bournemouth and Leicester to win.

micky – third shock of my summer were eggs. Yes, ordinary eggs. I have been avoiding eating eggs because they are unhealthy. And after my whole eggless life I read that they are superfood, full of goodness and cure for anything!! Any yummy egg recipes? I don’t like omelettes

Thing with Ox is he is one of our few exciting players who are explosive taker onners if you get my drift

watch Ox shooting. He tries from half the pitch but when he gets into a 6 yard box he bottles me. He can go to Spurs as far as I am concerned

Soldiers, Eddie, I’ve said it many times on here. If an egg is really good enough, then it’s a stand alone treat

I’m a Marmite fellow, so the soldiers sport uniforms

His shooting is poor, but then again, only Sanchez and Theo can shoot.

My hopes for Lacazette are very high.

no micky, Ollie is our man. You like Welbeck who is pretty useless but dislike Ollie who seldom disappoints. Explain yourself

Soldiers take time and you have to be precise, I can’t do that.

Ollie is sensational from the bench, like Ramsey, and I wouldn’t sell either, but then again, I wouldn’t stand in their way if they wanted to leave for Trophies 🙂

Have nice days one and all

Morning all. There is a lot that doesnt look right with our club right now, with players we want to keep wanting to leave us, players we want to offload not wanting to leave us and still struggling in the recruitment sector it seems.

We seem faced with either selling and weakening the team, pressing the reset button and rebuilding again, likely with a couple of seasons needed to get back, or we risk losing a lot of money, which i am pretty sure we cant afford.

These statements about them being in the final year being ideal and that this will become the norm so dont worry concern me all the more. They smack of someone who knows we are in a dodgy position and is saying anything to deflect from it.

Personally i think our current problems are the culmination of missing our moment in the summer when we got Cech and bought no senior outfield players. Apparantly there was nothing out there available better than what we had.

I never believed that then. The best way to keep your top players, money aside, is to persuade them that this is the place where they can realise their ambitions. I think that doubts crept into sanchez mind that summer and he decided to wait and see what we did and he hasnt been persuaded so here we are now.

Lets just say we went out and secured a cavani that summer. On the back of that wave of optimism we could have probably got sanchez to sign an extension then for less than we are talking about now.

I am afraid we have created a self inflicted damaged reputation as a top club with ambition over the last 3 years having prior to that looking like a club on the up, one that top players were looking at and thinking it looks interesting over at arsenal.

I am sure we are now trying to turn it around but is it too late to rescue this. Part of me feels we should cut all our losses recruit some money and accept we are kind of starting again. I believe very little of what AW says recently and actually think he is a worried man in truth and knows we have let it slide.

Eddie i have always seen the ollie debate the same as micky. Dont sell him because he is a useful player but he is not “the answer” to our 1st choice number 9 position. That has been shown over tge last few seasons but when he either has a purple patch or we are on tge back of dodgy results he suddenly becomes the answer again to many.

Weirdly after saying this i think i would have liked to see him start with lac recently till sanchez was fit and available and probably would tomorrow with pool being slightly dodgy defensively.

On the ox debate, i have asked this before, but when was the last time aw actually converted a precocious talent to an effective top senior player?

We seem to be good at getting them to the technical rough diamond stage but not the last stage of development. The players are always blamed for this but when are we going to question if there is something wrong in the way we handle them?

Just for starters i think aoc scored 9 goals for saints in the 2010-2011 epl season as a 17 year old. He has scored 9 for us in total since (according to wiki). A pacy precocious goal scoring young english midfielder. What has happened?

Ooooooh, let me think, we must have to go back ages, hmmmmmm

Oh, no

Hector Bellerin

Sorry GB couldn’t resist.

Hector joined when he was 18, hardly an enigma. And from Barca youth, since he was 8 yo, he couldn’t turn bad, no way. Even Wenger failed to destroy the talent

What happened to the other Barca golden babe, Bojan? How come he is playing for stoke??!! Stoke??!!

80. fatgingergooner says:

Worrying times on the transfer front. I’m happy to see Mustafi go but only if VVD or someone as good comes in. Not ideal to lose Ox but I don’t see him getting in any of the big teams on a regular basis in the position he wants to play. He’s got the talent but doesn’t produce the goods.

We need more players who ‘are’ good and less players who ‘could be’ good. I’m sick of hearing about ‘potential’. It’s time we bought players who are already at the required level. Lacazette and Kolasinac are a good start, VVD and a quality midfielder would be even better.

Once again we have a big couple of weeks coming up in the TW. Always seems to be a struggle with us.

FGG

I wouldn’t worry until Thursday at 11pm

Ox could go, a Santi replacement arrive
    Mustafi could go, and a great replacement arrive

Then there’d be singing and dancing in the streets

82. fatgingergooner says:

Micky,

History would suggest I’ll b pulling my hair out at that time on Thursday, but I’ll have my dancing shoes cleaned just in case. Hopefully Wenger has an ‘Özil’ up his sleeve.

Oxlaide-Chamberlain joined from Southampton at a similar age.

Typical, typical, people are quick to point out failures but slow to point out successes.

Maybe I have the issue, I support Arsenal Football Club, the last word is as important to me as the first.

“I’ll have my dancing shoes cleaned just in case”

🙂

FGG

Maybe that’s why us elder statesmen get less stressed about these things

Less hair to pull out

Ok, back outside

Eddie

Here is a good use of eggs – some souffle recipes

INGREDIENTS
    • 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
    • 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
    • Pinch pepper
    • 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk (1%)
    • 4 eggs
    • 2 egg whites
    • 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cream of tartar
    Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
    2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk all at once. Continue stirring until mixture boils and is smooth and thickened.
    3. Separate eggs. Beat yolks well and add 1/4 cup (50 mL) of warm sauce mixture to egg yolks.
    4. Combine yolk mixture with remaining sauce, blending thoroughly. If desired, add finely chopped filling ingredients, stirring into white sauce until blended (see variations). Set sauce aside to cool slightly.
    5. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl, until stiff but not dry. Fold some of the egg whites into sauce to make it lighter, then gently but thoroughly fold the sauce into the remaining egg whites.
    6. Carefully pour into 4-cup (1 L) soufflé or casserole dish.
    7. Bake in preheated 375° F (190° C) oven until puffed and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Serve immediately.
    Notes
    Variations:
    Cheese Soufflé: Stir 1 cup (250 mL) grated Swiss cheese and 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onions into sauce mixture.
    Crab Soufflé: Stir 1 drained can (6 oz/170 g) crab meat, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic salt into sauce mixture.
    Vegetable Soufflé: Stir 1 cup (250 mL) cooked shredded carrot, 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Cheddar cheese, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried dillweed into sauce mixture.
    Tips:
    Never add egg yolks to a hot sauce all at once as they may begin to coagulate too rapidly and form lumps.
    It’s easier to separate the white from the yolk when an egg is cold.
    A small funnel can be used for separating egg whites from yolks. Place the funnel over a measuring cup. Crack the egg over the funnel. The white will run through and the yolk will remain in the funnel.
    To make a collar for a soufflé if needed, cut a strip of aluminum foil, double thickness, 4 inches (10 cm) wide and long enough to go around the dish, allowing for at least a 3-inch (8 cm) overlap. Wrap it around the outside of the dish and fasten with string. The collar should extend 2 to 3 inches (5 to 8 cm) above the rim of the dish.

LB. I have never believed that outlining concerns and questioning the direction of the club makes one less of a supporter, unless it goes to the publicly destructive level we have seen recently.

AW certainly gets more leeway on here than the players do and probably rightly so for what he has done for us. However he is just a club employee, like the players and as important, if not more so, in how the club is faring.

As such i am often a bit guarded in making comments and often just dont bother commenting. I have become more a reader of the blog than commenter.

Some seasons i feel we enter with a settled squad but havent pushed the boat out to get those final 2 or so players to win an epl. This year i feel we just about have the squad but there is an air of uncertaintly about the squad. We never get it all coming together at the same time.

As chas will tell you though, i dont want to be right. I want to be wrong. I want arsene and the club to prove my misgivings wrong and i want him to win the epl again.

88. fatgingergooner says:

GB,

Is a squad ever complete? I believe a squad only ever comes close to completion when it’s lifting a trophy, the rest of the time, some fan or expert is commenting on what’s wrong with the team and what should be changed.

Look at the Invincibles squad. If we started a season with that now Wenger would be getting a good bashing about how the squad isn’t deep enough! An ageing Keown and Cygan were our CB cover!

LB – I am exaggerating my negative feelings towards Wenger, helps the discussion going 🙂 BTW which is the best performing club at bringing young talents? Is is still S’pton?

GN5 – thank you, but are you off you head darling? I can barely chop onions and turn the cooker on, and you are giving me lessons in chemistry!!

GB. Iwobi. He is the future and the reason we can let Ozil leave next summer.

No surprise. Mike Dean gifts MC 3 points in the 97th minute!

Red card and 8 yellows from the little man in black who loves the spotlight.

How does he get a game?

93. chas mobile says:

Fgg, you may be right about squad maturity but i reckon we are 1 VVD commanding CD away from an EPL winning squad.

If we assumed that we had him and that sanchez, ozil and ox had all just signed new 3-5 year deals then i think we have the balance and squad harmony to be serious contenders…..assuming AW doesnt continue messing around with players positions.

Being able to choose from a back 3 from VVD, merts, kos, monreal, holding, chambers looks pretty decent. In CM we have a good choice of players with decent passing, technique, attacking prowess and defensive cover. The latter could even utilise a more mobile CD, maybe like chambers, when you want that extra screen away from home against good oppo.

We now have at least 2 decent choices for each wing back and we must surely have enough creativity, firepower and goals in attack from a contingent including Sanchez, Lacazette, Giroud, Ozil, Welbeck, Walcott.

With quality players like Cazorla and Wilshere trying to force their way back in with something to prove and maybe 2-3 of the more ready youngsters to chip in at times the only cloud hanging over the club is this uncertainty of players with 1 year left that has been allowed to develop.

95. chas mobile says:

Sorry Eddie I guess that was something Gordon Ramsey would whip up I find something a touch (lot) easier 🙂 🙂

Tens of thousands of people are twiddling their thumbs in Canada – Face Book has crashed!!!!

Eddie – Here’s a nice easy Red pepper and Cheddar quiche

Ingredients

1 cup (250 mL) shredded 4 or 5 year old Canadian Cheddar cheese

1 unbaked (9 inch/23 cm) frozen deep dish pie shell, thawed

1/3 cup (75 mL) diced roasted red pepper

2 green onions, thinly sliced

3/4 cup (175 mL) 10% half-and- half cream

1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour

3 eggs

1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).

Sprinkle cheese in bottom of pie shell. Add roasted red pepper and green onions; using fork toss gently to combine and spread evenly.

In a medium bowl, whisk together cream and flour. Add eggs and salt and whisk until well combined. Slowly pour over cheese mixture, using fork to allow cream mixture to fill pie shell evenly. Bake on bottom rack for about 45 minutes or until top is golden, edges puff and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.

Just seen the score 97 minutes, for goodness sake, did the ref just allow play to continue until City scored?

GN5 – thank you, but I REALLY hate peppers, brrrrr…

City scored in 99th min! How come?

101. fred1266 says:

5 minute injury time turned if 10 minutes cause of injury

102. LBG says:

Mustafi agreed to go to Inter. A big bid for Virgil VD please Arsene and take him from under the Scouser’s noses.
    £40m +1 great idea for the Ox.

Evening all

Is Utd game worth watching. Maureen sides are not usually worth pushing PLAY

Ah LBG
    Good to see your three letters up there
    Blimey, Gabs and Mustafi gone.
    Is Virgil the best option out there, because AW has clearly lined someone up

Mustafi is gone??? no, no way. We need him, we love him

Hmmmm and there was I thinking that the party cake had been locked back in the cupboard.

107. fred1266 says:

I never really like Mustafi and thought we only bound him cause of Per last season but to sell him now, with the back 3 shouldn’t do have al least 5 defenders

108. Jnyc says:

For the record, I agree with most of what goonerb wrote. I am getting a bad feeling about whats going on.

I started feeling uncomfortable with major players like Sanchez hesitating to renew a year ago.. Then refusing to renew. Then asking to go. Ozil quietly not signing. Ox wanting to go regardless of the offer.

Now Mustafi is very strange. Almost unheard of. German international cb, our most expensive defensive buy. I didnt believe the initial rumor, but its getting hotter now.
    These are all bad signs. And we have needs like cm that we really needed to fill. Ramsey can’t play 50 games. El Neny is not Arsenal quality. Fine as 3rd choice.

There is a New Post

110. Raddy you do know it’s only just after 7am in the U.K. ……… and it’s Sunday 😉

Your team looks amazing, I hope it’s the one AW picks, if they can stay fit they would be frightening long term. Obviously a new CB if Mustafi goes but will he play if he’s caused bad feeling in the dressing room?

Have several hours to while away before 4pm, hope it’s sunny 😁