Prêt à acheter, Arsène

Come on, you get my drift. Pret à Manger, Pret à Porter, Footballers to Buy.

Anyway, France v England tonight (and on proper telly) in a friendly, and oh garçon, do they have some good footballers.

Looking through their squad there are quite a few who I reckon would look excellent in an Arsenal shirt, and don’t forget, the list does not include Benzema or Martial.

Hugo Lloris

Defenders: Lucas Digne, Christophe Jallet, Presnel Kimpembe , Laurent Koscielny, Benjamin Mendy, Djibril Sidibe , Samuel Umtiti, Raphael Varane, Kurt Zouma

Midfielders: N’Golo Kante ,Blaise Matuidi, Paul Pogba,  Adrien Rabiot,  Moussa Sissoko , Corentin Tolisso

Forwards: Ousmane Dembele , Olivier Giroud , Antoine Griezmann , Alexandre Lacazette , Thomas Lemar , Kylian Mbappe , Dimitri Payet , Florian Thauvin

Personally, I can’t stand England because of the filth that follow them, so couldn’t care less who wins, but I will watch with my Arsenal eyes glued to the French.

Guessing we’ll buy three players this summer, and with one excellent looking signing in the bag already, I would be very happy to select two more from that French lot.

Written  by MickyDidIt89

101 Responses to Prêt à acheter, Arsène

1. Ooooooh any excuse to watch Olivier Giroud …………… oh but we own him already 😉

Hey Peaches

Check this garden out. One of my brothers sent it to me. He loves it, really cool use of small space. Absolutely packed busy but has so much interest

3. RC78 says:

If I could pick 3 players (1 per line), this would be my wish list in order:

A) Mendy, Rabiot, Mbappe – Top players, young yet experienced
    B) Varane, Matuidi, Dembele – Quality players, mix of youth and experience
    C) Kimpembe, Sissoko, Lacazette – Quality players, mix of youth and experience. Kimbembe is really a gem.

Thanks Micky, and it is a lovely garden.

You are likely right on the 3 recruitment’s. I think AW said as much himself and we have 1 of those 3 already. It is only 3 if we keep the current squad together (or at least those we want to keep) otherwise we enter a whole different ball game.

There are question marks hanging over retaining Sanchez, Ozil, Ox and possibly even Bellerin. Of these Sanchez is the biggest doubt. I will try and pen my bit on the TW if Sanchez stays or if he goes and what options we could look at.

Not sure about the French players at the moment Micky. Like you I want a top striker and while Lacazette and Dembele ought to be serious options the new striker would have to be an upgrade on Ollie, Danny and Theo and both those players seem behind Ollie in the international pecking order.

It may have more to do with Deschamp himself though because he also benched Kante while playing Matuidi and Sissoko,so one could possibly question his sanity. Maybe RC can shed some light.

5. RC78 says:

Despite this crop of players, we may fail to quality for the World Cup 2018 after our disastrous defeat to Sweden thanks to Tottenham GK’s only blunder of the season…Where was that blunder against Arsenal?

Thanks Micky, Vive la France …. I hear they plan to sing our national anthem as an act of solidarity against our recent terrorist attacks.

It’s impossible to dislike the French for their footballers, or their wine and cheese … but I can find other excuses 😆

I hope to watch the game tonight although may have to retreat to my bedroom, and like you, I’m not too fussed who wins. All this sycophancy over Kane makes me nauseous … but at least The Ox shone in the last game.

RC at 4:05

Thank you. I was hoping you would come with something thorough.

Very interesting that you rate Dembele over Lacazette.

GB

While I am concerned about Sanchez, of course, I simply cannot see Arsene flogging him to another prem. club.

As for Bayern? They have four or five players on 140k, so we could trump that easy AND give him a whopping sign another deal figure to preserve our value

Which Dembele is it?

Thanks Micky. I like Rabbit but think he would struggle to get past Xhaka and Ramsey.

Sissoko? Ask Spurs what they think about their €35m investment 😀

Any of the forwards would do. Lacazette , Mbappe Lemar etc. Except for that unpleasant snake Payet.

Erik

Dortmund Dembele

Presnel Kimpembe or Samuel Umtiti for me cos i like the names.
    Has Kylian signed yet?

Cheers, Micky, I did me best.

I like the garden.
    Bigger than my small space, I reckon.
    Where on Earth do you play footie with the godchildren when they come round?

Fine name is Samuel

Chas
    What did you do your best at? Don’t need to answer if it’s deeply personal shit like, but curious all the same

My best to sound interested in players we have zero chance of getting. 🙂

chas. I bet you a fermented seal flipper to some fine English fudge that we sign a French player in the window.

Are you a gambling man?

Oh ok. You did well Chas 🙂

Erik
    I’m not so sure about a French signing necessarily, but I’m sure we’ll sign a star name. A crowd pleaser, and not just to appease the oiks, rather to get corporate bums on seats.

Actually Erk

I’ll take the bet for the simple reason I’m happy to lose and send you fudge, but the thought of winning and not backing down until I receive my fermented seal flipper really excites me very much

I fear that Royal Mail or UPS etc are unlikely to take on the task of delivering FSF. I can try though.

I would love it if we signed Harry Kane 😀

You cannot bet that which you cannot deliver on

Flipper, or no deal 🙂

Erik
    Some of us are more reserved, perhaps shallow and afraid even, so we keep our smutty thoughts to ourselves.

I have access to flipper, my concerns are that they will not deliver. I would deliver it personally in August but SAS will not allow it on the plane.

Not an excuse – this is genuine, which is why you never see such food in UK .

You will just have to come to Cph and pick it up.

I have been reading about Bielik I had forgotten all about him. He is representing Poland in the U-21 Euro’s.

One to watch?

“which is why you never see such food in UK”

That, or perhaps that we’re not seal slaughtering bastards, not that I have anything against slaughter or bastards

Thinking of World Cups, things don’t look good for Qatar

Does Gorgeous start?

Lloris, Sidibe, Umtiti, Varane, Mendy, Lemar, Pogba, Kante, Dembele, Giroud, Mbappe.

Gorgeous and Mbappe
    Cool

what, Mbappe is not gorgous? Arsene, don’t buy him

Tell you what Eddie, if Gorgeous scores any more like he did the other day, our hopes of an expensive striker are zero

Mbappe looks rubbish so far 🙂

Dele Alli is rubbish

No. You lot just kill innocent badgers. At least we eat our or wear our seals 😀

Well, you wouldn’t eat or wear a giant TB infested rodent even if it did sport an extremely smart black and white striped fur coat now would you 🙂

They keep saying “great save” about our goalkeeper who insists on passing it to the foot of the nearest on-coming opposition striker

Agree. Seamo would have held both shots Ox has not been in the game.

OG looks a superb target man when surrounded by pacy and strong AM’s.

red card and pen
    eh?

Love the video ref. I would have sent off Loris as well

why wouldn’t you 🙂

What a rubbish French free kick
    Pass it to Buckland and he’ll pat it to Mbappe’s foot

Hope our PM paid for her ticket and is not on a tax-payers paid jolly

If you were offered a tax payers free jolly, would you accept?

ps I would

The French have some great players, especially when you consider the ones who didn’t play

fine evening

gnite

45. RC78 says:

Anyone need anymore convincing regarding Mbappe and Dembele? These two players are dynamite. Lemar is an improved Iwobi too.

I like Dembele over Lacazette because Dembele has the ability to create chances. He needs to mature in his decision making, keeping his focus and in his Finishing but he is already ok his way to be a top top player. Lacazette is a very good striker but he is more of a 9 and he s not so pacey nor strong so I don’t think he will do well in England whereas he would do great in Spain or Germany

The Mexican Wave at the Stade de France was a bit of a failure last night.

Chas

Quite clearly Mrs May was not doing a Mexican wave, but surrendering

Mornin’

I think someone had a gun on her

RC

Yip, impressive those two.
    That Lacazette bloke is one of very few players who don’t look that good on youtube. Weak and slow.

Rhodo. From the Himalayas. Reckon one of your explorers was probably responsible, or rather, the thin fella at the back of the expedition with little spectacles, a microscope, and large butterfly net.

54. Zee says:

Salut, mes amis, et bonjour. Ça va?

Vous êtes prêt à acheter, Arsène, ou peut-être tu est prêt à commander dès players magnifique, maintenant?

Ou Micky le fera pour vous.

[I take it Brexit is off and we bloggers have to use French now?] 😀

Zee ha ha

If it is ever that off, then it would be German innit

love the pittbull video, good people bless them

I had an intruder trying to break in on Monday night. The pug growled and went back to sleep, but the pittbull was so petrified I had to calm him down. He was shacking and drooling, only recovered when police arrived. What an idiot of a dog 🙂

Eddie. What an event filled life you have!

oh Raddy, I sooooo crave peaceful life. I barked and scared the burglars off, but my life has changed forever. I constantly check door, windows, listening at night…horrible.

You need a Big Man.

no Raddy, that’s the last thing I need. A german sheppard should do the trick. I sent you an email, would appreciate a response 🙂

rhodo – I wanted to buy a tiny rhododendron but could not see a way of sneaking it into my garden without Peaches having a tantrum 🙂 I am not allowed rose bushes and rhodos

oh no, that is a bad rumour
    Manchester City growing in confidence over transfer for Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez

Swap for Aguero?

Morning all. I am not reading too much into that game last night. It was essentially the final game before they all head off on holidays, which I know shouldn’t make a difference when representing your country but unfortunately it happens.

England played with 1 foot on the beach while France played like they had to win in front of their home crowd to make some amends for the Swedish result.

The extra effort from France made the telling difference for me so I find it difficult to properly assess where each team really is in terms of quality.

One thing though, where the hell was AOC playing? He seemed to spend way too much time sitting in front of the back 4. He must have been following instructions, and it did look like Southgate had a dose of the Arsenalesque square pegs in round holes afflicting him.

65. fatgingergooner says:

Nice set of fixtures. Tough games spread out and March onwards gives us a pretty decent looking run in. Tough Xmas and new year periods with Chelsea and Liverpool.

66. fatgingergooner says:

Stoke, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and City away games in our first 11 matches! Was hoping for an easier start to get the fans on board again. If we do poorly in these games it could get very toxic early on. If we do well though then we have a real chance heading into second half of the season.

Let’s hope we recruit well and get some momentum.

67. RC78 says:

Sanchez keen to leave AFC apparently – Bayern and City in the front seat BUT:
    – AW wants to keep him
    – AW will not sell to City
    – AW may be tempted to get a player from Bayern as part of the Sanchez deal. Who would you take? Douglas Costa is off to Juventus. If anyone, I would take Vidal but he is going to the be the pull factor for Sanchez. I would gone with Kimmich as a second option but he has renewed and Lewandowski is not for sale. We could may be try Javi Martinez.

Worth noting: Gnabry joined Bayern Munich.

68. RC78 says:

As for the fixtures – I am hoping that AW already knows his 2 preferred systems, that he can get his recruits soon and just prepare the team to be roaring from day 1

69. RC78 says:

Aleksandr Golovin to join Arsenal from CSKA, apparently…

70. fatgingergooner says:

No idea what’s going to happen with Sanchez, but one thing I do predict is that he’s going to go through a period in his career with a lot of injuries. He plays 90 minutes nearly every game and plays those minutes at full pelt. I worry that it could catch up with him eventually.

As for Bayern, I’d ask for Neuer!

Aguerro would be awesome, I really like him.

first game at home v Leicester. Should have a great start to the new season

73. frOOm says:

Someone talked about Payet “the snake”.
    You have to know that before he came to England he was at Olympique de Marseille before the new project. The club was in a difficult financial state and decided to sell Payet. But he didn’t want to leave and had to accept the better move proposed and that was West Ham. For a playmaker of this level it’s a bit light: he desrved better. Payet felt good in France before that. So for me it came with no surprise when he tried to leave a place where he didn’t want to go.
    The former OM club managers are the persons to blame for this drama. It’s true that Payet could have done it in a better way when he leaved West Ham but one can understand he has been utilised by a club and certainly not in his best interest.

Time to start a rumour?

Froom. There is no reason whatsoever to refuse to work for your employer who is paying you millions of € to perform. Especially when the WHU fans were so positive about him.

No-one forced Payet to sign for WHU and the poor young man must have suffered a terrible time living the millionaires life in Hampstead London.

IMO a snake is the best I can say for him. Had Payet been playing for Arsenal it would have been worse. AT least RvP left in the close season

Micky. You mean like Sanchez signing for MC?

Arsenal 2017/18 Fixtures
    Apr 14 Newcastle a
    Apr 21 West Ham h
    Apr 28 Manchester U a
    May 5 Burnley h
    May 13 Huddersfield a

Cheers GN5

Looks from here like an easy enough bunch of games

Only WTF would be Nov 2 Manchester C a and Nov 4 Tottenham h

Maybe Sky telly can rearrange that for us

best cat? Tiger at 6:56

Tiger?????

Or in other news, how did Cuffley vote Eddie?

ukip probably. and your region?

Tory by a landslide

West Country used to be a hot bed of Liberals but I don’t think they won a single seat

Other than that, usual thing, odd Labour victory in large towns/cities

are you Devon or Summerset, or posh Corwall?

just checked – Conservative. oh well, they can afford private health care, uni tuition and luxurious retirement homes. I should never, ever relocate here

Posh Cornwall? Where did that come from? I like Cornwall very much, in fact it’s the only other county I’d live in, but posh, no.

I’m Devon

I thought it was posh, perhaps I was wrong.

Sanchez to Chelsea now, he wants to stay in London. There are too many rumour surrounding the little Chilean for my liking. I have a feeling he is going. And I wouldn’t mind as long as we get Messi to replace him

6.53 is my Page 3 Cat of the Day

I panic that Sanchez will leave, but I don’t panic that he’ll be flogged to another prem. team.

I think his biggest challenge, if indeed he does want a move at all, will be to find a genuine CL challenging team willing to guarantee him 1st XI football

Not wanted to get into the Sanchez thing.

Sanchez may want to play alongside the very best in the world but he has tried that and been found wanting. His unfortunate habit of conceding possession was not acceptable to Barca and will hinder his chances of a move to BM.

Any team which plays possession football at the highest level will be wary of a man who makes so many mistakes.

My guess is that he will stay though if he goes we always have The Jeff.

Erik

Completely agree about his giving away possession too often to attract the much touted Bayern.

In fact, I reckon the only realistic contender would have been Athletico and they have a transfer ban

90. VP of Oz says:

Gary Neville defends Rachel Riley as presenter quits Sky Sports after calling Tottenham ‘proper bottle jobs’

There is a New Post

92. Jacob John says:

The Arsenal Football Club was founded in 1886 and is one of the best successful clubs in England. In the 2011–2012 Season, Arsenal celebrated their 125th year anniversary. Arsenal tickets even to the most popular matches which have been announced as “Sold Out.” Arsenal FC home ground is the Emirates Stadium, Holloway, London (capacity: 60,361). Arsenal has won 13 First Division and Premier League titles and 10 Football Association Challenge Cups. Arsenal holds the record for the longest uninterrupted period in the English top flight and would be placed first in an aggregated league of the entire 20th century