One Cockerel does not a summer make

So here we go folks, the final North London Derby at WHL. This occasion really should have called for the daddy of pre-matches, but unfortunately there are some trees that need a hug…..so you are stuck with me.

I need to say in advance that I have a superstition about being too condescending ahead of these games so if you are expecting lots of belittlement and ridicule then disappointment will be the order of the day. Having said that the rest of you can fill yer boots.

I strangely feel a degree of sadness that this is the last outing at their place, as WHL holds some fond memories for us. I am normally very nervous about these games. On reflection I think this is because we have pretty much been the favourites in games against them since some fellow called Newton had an apple fall on his head. As such I think the expectancy to win adds more angst to the occasion. This time however I have them down as favourites. Spurs are the form team this season while we have struggled.

Stating this actually doesn’t cause me any issues because this aberration can be redressed in readiness for next season. A shift in the balance of power?……pffft (he expectorates on the floor in distaste). As Lord Wenger intimated the other day, one cockerel does not a summer make. If anything Spurs form versus ours this season may be the main proverbial kick up the derriere that we needed. If it turns out to be the catalyst for action that sees us awaken from our slumber and head into next season a different animal, then I will doff my cap to those white lillies and say thank-you. I may even resort to a chicken on a beach ball as my screen saver……ok maybe not….still a few white wine spritzers clouding my judgement this morning.

I am reconciled with the fact it is now near impossible for us to celebrate St. Tott’s day this year. If you gave me a choice between winning the F.A cup and finishing below them or finishing above them with no silverware then I would take the former all day. This is a real possibility for us so it could be that in a few weeks time we are actually celebrating a more successful season than them. How galling would that be for them?

Onto team matters. I am not sure if a mere stand in for the pre-match is allowed to mutter these sacred words, but here goes………..

my team (ooh it does make one feel powerful) :

Cech

Holding Koscielny Gabriel

Ox Coquelin Ramsey Monreal

Ozil Sanchez

Welbeck

Why change the formation that has revived our fortunes recently. I would also like to stick largely with the same players with a couple of proviso’s. I think the pace of Welbeck with Ozil and Sanchez flitting about behind him would suit this game more. Giroud and Walcott are useful impact subs. I think we need the defensive graft of Coquelin in a disciplined role front of the defence. They are dangerous in that area and a big game from him could be a deciding factor. If he is able to largely stifle them in this area and free up the rest of our team in attack then I will be very hopeful. Xhaka has played well recently but is more reckless and we can’t afford to be down to 10 men in this game. Other than that it is as you were.

As I said, based on form and them being at home they are the favourites…….but I have a feeling in me bones. Being favourites carries that extra psychological burden. Also our new system will be far less easy for them to predict than when we were labouring with the 4-3-3 system. Even we don’t yet fully know what Arsenal will turn up in this system, so it should create some doubt and uncertainty in their minds.

All this should mean that for once, us rather than them, can approach the game with less to lose and can literally just go out and play without burden. There is one final consideration. This is a historic day for them. There must be a few nerves in their camp that the final NLD at old WHL could go down as an Arsenal win. WHL holds some fond memories for the Arsenal. Who can forget the 3rd May 1971 or the 25th April 2004? Let the record books show that Sunday 30th April 2017 saw Spurs title bid crash down around them as the good guys in red and white registered a historic final win at WHL.

COYRRG’S

Written by GoonerB

206 Responses to One Cockerel does not a summer make

That’s great GB, thank you very much.

I knew you’d go with Danny and have Ollie as the impact sub. I agree.

Interesting choice of Coq and Ramsey. For me Granit was our best player last time out so I would stick with him and Coq to combat Spuds being strong in that area and I fear Ramsey will get caught to far upfield and they’re well equipped to exploit the space.

Having said that, Ramsey was disciplined against City, so maybe the Granit/Ramsey combo again. Mmm, can’t decide

2. fred1266 says:

Hope Wenger tells Ramsey he is or CDM and shouldn’t be trying to dribble through the opposition team

Would hope wall starts over welbeck also

Excellent thank you GB. Another dimension to today’s game is that it gives us the opportunity to pretty much kill off their title hopes if we win. Like you I’m not too stressed as we are underdogs .. the pressure is on the tiny totts and we all know how ‘spursy’ they can be.

I can sense a red card today ..let’s hope its Alli and not Xhaka.

Hopefully our newly found defensive solidity will mean that if we go ahead, we don’t get over confident and concede almost immediately which was a problem earlier in the season. We can win as long as we aren’t carrying any passengers. The battle will be fought in the midfield and I’m sorry to say, theirs is pretty good, we will have to work hard and use the full width of the pitch when attacking.

Let’s play like the away team and not worry if they have lots of possession, we have the pace and ability to hit them on the break as long as we get the ball forward quickly.

Let’s not take any risks in defence, but be prepared to take risks and lose possession on the counter. We can’t have any ‘they want it more than us’ moments today.

4. Thank you so much GoonerB for stepping up to write a very entertaining pre-match. Where is everyone, can’t be hiding behind the sofa already 😉

Very nice of Swansea to hold manu to a draw 🙂 Now we really do need the chavs to get three points this afternoon, we can’t have spuds going into our game looking to close the gap to 1 point eeeek. Be back at game time.

5. Hilarious 🙂 🙂 🙂

6. fred1266 says:

Am I the only one hear want chelsea to lose, longer the stay to win the league the less the can concentrate on fa

Come on lukaku

7. Fred the FA cup isn’t until after the season is over

8. fatgingergooner says:

Chambers just put Boro back in front! Could be a very good day if we get a result.

Cech, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Xhaka, Gibbs, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud.

Subs: Ospina, Holding, Bellerin, Coquelin, Iwobi, Walcott, Welbeck

🙄

Giroud starting, just don’t understand that, he was a passenger against City.

Other results…wow. Back door wide open

back for ko

12. Top stuff GB

I’m well up for this. With the current state of affairs I’m not saying we will win the game, but I do think we will get three points

Totnumb ain’t all that. They have developed a not very interesting way of playing that suits men who lack personality. In this respect they are underachieving, should be 20 bloody points clear.

I like the line up. Gibbs always play well against them. He fully understands that turning them over will dampen there spirits so reduce the chance of been cornered at a party by a boring Git wanting to talk about Jimmy Greaves and Windows 10

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

13. JanMan says:

I have a bad feeling for this game.

Are we playing a back 3 with Monreal instead of Holding? That’s the way some of the pitch graphics are showing it?

then go away janman 🙂

Come on you Gunnnnnners

Superb pre-match, GoonerB.
    Cheers.
    Let it be so.

17. fred1266 says:

No Rasp Monreal playing CB,why holding drop though

I have no problem with Nacho in the back 3 although Holding does add more height to the defence

19. fred1266 says:

Is Per still an Arsenal player

Ok half. Reckon we’ll score a few second half as they get edgy. They must win and that’ll get to them the longer the game goes on.

21. JanMan says:

Mickey. You are one friendly bastard!

22. Ok, my heart isn’t enjoying this but we had some good possession towards the end of that half.

And that nice referee didn’t give Xhaka a yellow 🙂

23. JanMan says:

Mickey. Sorry, forgot the smiley face. 🙂

24. Tea or more Peroni?

25. JanMan says:

Rode out the 1st half storm okay I guess, we should be 2-0 down but we are still in with a shout.

Janman ha ha 🙂

It’s too nervy to have any negative vibrations on the sofa

Let’s hope we tear into them first ten minutes of this half.
    Take control. Score two and bury their title ambitions.

Did we come out for the second half in a coma as usual?

29. JanMan says:

Mickey 🙂 🙂

come on Arsenal, let’s get a goal and see what happens then

They are the better team 2016-17
    That’s all
    Life will go merrily on

33. JanMan says:

Tottenham wanted it more than we did!! They had the desire, heart and passion. We didn’t. Nothing more to discuss.

34. Well that’s all rather deflating and we’ve still got important points to try and gather 😦

35. Jjgsol says:

The pro scum commentators on sky made me sick. I include Alan Smith in that as he always seems to be pro our opponents.

On truth the scum were the better team throughout and we were pretty poor. How we are going to get more points out of our last 5 games, if we play like this I have no idea.

We had no attack and our passing in their half was abysmal.

36. I don’t think they wanted it more I just think our defending let us down again

My perspective through brilliant crimson spectacles. 😆

We only dropped one point to both Manc teams when playing our hardest fxture left.

Chavs won in their hardest fixture left.

Anymore and I’d be gilding the lily. 🙂

Match report from Janman, Wally or Fred??????????

38. Jjgsol says:

The game was lost with the first goal. It was defensive pantomime to allow Ali to take that shot and the ox wiggled his foot at it when he should have done better.

The 2nd goal was just symptomatic of the loss of concentration after a goal.

Kane dived but was tapped and took the fall despite the fact that he had already kicked the ball too far away.

That was the 9th penalty given away this season. Simply unacceptable.

Micky – not if they fecking go and win the league

Eddie
    Chavs won their hardest fixture left.
    Their fixtures remaining are Boro, Watford and Sunderland at home plus West Brom away.

It isn’t all about the spudulikas. though in Cuffley it may seem that way.

GB. Fine PM, much more temperate than I could manage.

Didn’t watch the game which seems to be a good thing.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

42. It may seem like a dark day but remember how we laughed at their 5-1 defeat to relegated Newcastle on the last day of last season, gifting us 2nd place 🙂 ……………………. they will bring us laughs like that again, I am certain 🙂

100%, BR.

If I can’t take them finishing above us once in two decades, I have a serious problem.

In a way St Totteringhams was an expression of the astonishing repitition of an unlikely superiority.

44. They had more of the ball, ran more distance, had more shots, and won more chalanges. But, I still think we’re better than them.

Next year we will batter the knobs, and I’m looking forward to it.

I’m in warsaw and the outlook is still bleak. Or dismal if you like.

Good lord only in Islington !!!!!You will not believe what just happened… I went to a petrol station to get a drink, as I walked up, I noticed 2 police officers watching some bloke who was smoking while refuelling (really?!) I saw him and thought, Is he really that stupid? Anyway, I went in and got my drink and as I was paying, I heard screaming and looked outside… the guy’s arm was on fire! He was swinging his arm and running around going crazy!! I ran outside and watched the police put him on the floor and were putting the fire out with their coffees! LOL, YES, THEIR COFFEES 😂. They then handcuffed him and threw him in the back of the police car. I thought what an absolute dumb ass.. shouldn’t have been smoking near the pump while getting petrol!!! So being the nosey person I am, I asked the police officers why they were arresting him… the police man looked me dead in my eyes and said “FOR WAVING A FIREARM!!!”.
    😂

Warsaw sounds depressing.

And that’s from someone who lives in Nottingham! Ha ha ha that was a good one

Nottingham is never dismal when I’m here.

And why is that?
    Actually, you are probably right – cuffley is probably the place to party tonight

Shame you’re in Warsaw.

52. fatgingergooner says:

Chelsea have won the league after today’s result so I don’t really care where Spurs finish. They have 2 seasons now in 2 different stadiums so their form will suffer badly. I expect us to be back above them next year.

We were poor first half but no worse than we were against City. Only difference was second half we never came out whereas against City we were pretty decent. That’s probably a rest from CL next season so it will be interesting to see how we get on in EL. We definitely need more legs in midfield and a better CF. I’d also like to see us get someone who can play LWB as neither Gibbs nor Monreal are good enough for that position. Fingers crossed we buy well in the summer and come back stronger next season.

A shocking trend of terrible penalties being given lately. The FA need to sort it out because it’s becoming embarrassing to watch.

53. Jjgsol says:

The truth is that in order to any result today we had to play exceptionally well as the scum are on a hig
    However with our form patchy at best and confidence low it was always going to be a hard if not impossible task. So it proved.

When you give away silly goals like the first one what dies one expect.

Chas
    How was the night in Glasgow and were the other attendees a pleasant looking bunch?

Totnum ran 10k more than us today …. no excuses, we don’t have the work ethic. Ramsey and the Ox put in the effort, I don’t care how silky Ozil’s ball control is, he doesn’t have the heart for a fight

57. Jjgsol says:

I hope that you will all forgive me if I do not go into mourning because the scum will finish above us for the first time in 20 years. Frankly I will also not do so were they to win the league.

We have had 20 fabulous years with 3 league titles, 7 fa cups, including 2 doubles.

We have gone through a whole season unbeaten and have lost 4 cup finals.

Most importantly we have built up a wonderful reputation as great players of entertaining football.

But the atmosphere is changing.

The game is now about pressing and stopping the opponents playing, with players running around like lunatics and, in truth, we have been left behind.

Our best ever manager wants us to play entertaining beautiful football but the current attitude out there is that entertaining football is no longer wanted. It is now the pressing game which our players have little aptitude for .

We will, undoubtedly, get a new manager sooner or later who will try to take us and our players to the next stage and to develop us into the sort if team that can play as equals with our rivals.

This season has been a wake up call after last season when the new style succeeded with Leicester.

I reckon aw has been let down by the players but that, in the end, he will carry the can for their inability or unwillingness to adapt.

jjgsol

Agreed. Mein Gott im Himmel I’ve watched some rubbish games recently and assuming you’re right and the only way to beat the system is to join it, then I need to consider my options

In the meantime Arsene, buy an effing striker of eff off, and let’s go score goals 🙂

He is not going to fuck off or buy a striker. He will rebuild the team again and fight for the 4th spot. I really cannot stand it any more, it’s simply no fun in it any more.

May Day celebrations ahead. No-one to annoy me with stupid talk about formations and high-press.

Just a major piss-up.

62. Jjgsol says:

Perhaps it’s no fun any more because we take it too seriously and always look at the result as the only thing to consider.

Undoubtedly aw has found it hard to adapt to the new sort if game which is an anathema to him and all he has worked for.

It also does not suit a lot if the players he has brought it to play it his way.

It looks like he is beginning to change and to try to adapt. It remains to be seen whether his players can.

If the scum finishing before is for the first time for 20 years is a cause for cekebraruob, should we not even more so celebrate the 20 consecutive years they did not?

JJ. Terrific. especially the use of the word “cekebraruob”.

We expected to lose and we did. Why all the angst?

65. Jjgsol says:

Good spot there. The word should have been celebration.

I also expected us to lose but after the first half I had hope of a draw until the usual defensive howler.

66. Jjgsol says:

So Kane says that as he was touched he was entitled to go down. So he us admitting that he dived. Being touched is not necessarily as foul.

Yes if he us tripped and falls, but surely not if he doesn’t fall.

His logic is thus that any time a defender touched an attacker is has a right to fall down and claim a penalty.

If that was correct is there a reason why that touch has to be on the leg?

We see so many times that a player who gets a penalty us already on the way down before contact. That is a dive as well.

Chas

If we had Hard Brexit, would Giroud be sent home? 🙂

People go on about our defence, and with reason, but if you have players like Mesut and Sanchez who try anything but to pass to the forward who wouldn’t get there anyway, you’re buggered.

Hands up all who were googling cekebraruob. I was.

69. VP of cekebraruob says:

Amazingly, we still have Wembley ahead of us. I also still think we’ll make top 4
    Onwards and Upwards

70. chas cekebraruob says:
  71. chas cekebraruob says:

72. Jjgsol says:

Does that mean that I am now famous for having invented a new word? If so i had better invent a meaning as well.

My apologies for the repeated typos. I have predictive texting and do not check properly.

73. VP of Oz says:

All I know JJ, is that if Arsenal win the FA Cup, then I’ll cekebraruob my arse off

74. fred1266 says:

Why was Gabriel taken off

10.51. One of my first recordings. It was a great day and heralded the ’71 Cup Final victory or was it the ’68 or ’69 LC losses?.

I wonder if the current team will release a single for the Chelsea game.

1971 recording Good Old Arsenal apparently.

Beware exceedingly bad language.

How was Glasgow? As awful as I imagine?

Superb.
    One really minor incident with a pisshead.
    Punks are generally lovely, friendly people.
    Well they are when they’re all in their 50s and 60s!!!!!!

But the music must have been horrendous …

A couple of weekend faves…..

Horrendous for you because you like all that hippy shit.
    Manna from heaven for two lads who were 17 and 15 when punk landed.

Jack “The Hat” McChurchill………

84. Red Arnie says:

Thank you GoonerB. Late to the funeral party, have we been relegated yet?

Onwards and sideways.

85. Red Arnie says:

Saint Shitfloats! 😆

86. Aaron says:

Question for all: spuds come second by 1 point to chavs, and Arsenal win FA cup.
    Will it all matter then?
    Just askin’…

87. chas cekebraruob says:

32 hrs at sea..brrrrrr

Thank goodness we don’t have shit sharks and stuff like that

89. chas cekebraruob says:

As you get older, is it entirely natural to find virtually everything more and more tiresome?

90. chas cekebraruob says:

“But the music must have been horrendous”

Yellow Submarine to you Erik 🙂

Chas

Do you have a fall back sport, a B sport so to speak, as in Arnie, Rasp and Erik like cricket, to help cushion the blow when Arsenal world gets dull?

Not really, Micky, do you?
    Surfing, I suppose.

I only occasionally watch the surfing and other than that, nothing

Looking forward to CL games, but that’ll be football done for this season

Just cannot get engaged with anything else

The mancs in Europey on Thurs 1st leg. Second leg is after we play them Sunday.
    Might watch the Cup Final.

I wish I had another sport to focus on, but I don’t. I have a few hobbies but nothing as intensive as supporting arsenal. Let’s face it – it’s hard to get excited about perfect lawn of to start blogging about runner beans…

Have to admit that Yellow Submarine is one the the worst noises ever made. Have to leave the room if I hear it.

If you loved cricket, you could have watched Ben Stokes last night – fantastic entertainment and proper sporting tension resulting in triumph.

Eddie

I’d find both considerably easier and more exciting and I don’t even grow runner beans

You have bees, not that that is a sport as such, although…

Eddie. You have to be mellow to love cricket. Micky and chas (and you) are not wired that way 😀

About tottenham. Who are their world class players now? Lloris is the French keeper, I know that. Harry Kane was great last season and Alli is good this year. Other than that? Any outstanding footballers?

What I’m trying to establish is how come they are so good? Players, manager, team spirit? Defo not the fans, than what?

Ganja helps the mellowing process☺

I’m glad I’m not mellow, I hate cricket

Erik

I rate Love Love Me Do even lower. Always thought it was written by 8 year olds for 4 year olds

Micky – what about James Arthur, the new kid with a guitar. Don’t look at him or you’d be put off, just listen to his voice. I love him

Erik

I think I am actually scared of cricket because being quite an addictive personality I’m afraid that five day sporting events would ruin my life

Micky. True. Not my favourite either but they were babies when they wrote it. And don’t refer to Mozart!

106. chas mobile says:

That caterwauling bollix?
    Jaysus.

I’m reading the definite Mozart biography.

definitive

Eddie. I hate gardening but I am not proud of it 😀

Addictive personality ☺☺ I’ll ways thank my lucky stars that drugs were not around when I was growing up. Otherwise I am certain I’d be infecting the hard stuff

Raddy – that’s you off my and peaches xmas list
    we love gardening. When I visit her she asks if I want a coffee or a walk round the garden ☺ garden always wins. She showers me with long Latin names I instantly forget, I knick some plants, we chop or dig, or trim things together – magic!!

Not I’ll ways but I always

Eddie
    What do the little yellow faces with eyes shut and red cheeks mean?

Micky – no idea ☺ on my tablet they are regular grins with no teeth protruding

Never heard of James Arthur before. Listened to a couple … like it. Thanks Eddie.

116. Zed says:

Good Morning,

Bit late to applaud my man – GoonerB an Author – for his pre-match, which was very well done — so belated thanks. 🙂

Also, reading the comments pre and post the game was very enlightening and a little sad, but the world hasn’t shifted in its orbit and,,,,,,,,, oh, my gawd, what was that wobble — whooo no probs it was just big Brenda getting up and knocking her coffee over.

Me like cricket, tennis, rugby and the snooker last night was excellent — so football ends and life carries on.

Raddy – did you really like it? Fantastic!! I know nothing about music but I know what I like and this kid is defo my type of guy. Young, self tought, unemployed riff rough. I hope he’ll go a long way

Morning Zed,

I forgot rugger. Love the Internationals.

Used to like Formula One and still watch because it is the soundtrack to my Sunday afternoon post-lunch snooze

I like boxing, but with age I grew to hate seeing suffering. I’m weak , cannot watch fighting aymore

120. Zed says:

Hi Raddy,

Back from your bi-monthly holiday I see. 🙂

England playing Argentina, and The Lions playing the Kiwis (see – I am becoming more English by the second) so the summer will be taken care of, and I too love F1, altho the FIA messing about with the engines puts too much financial pressure on the small teams – much like the PL money barons who are distorting the game.

Zed. Jealous??

122. cekebraruob says:

cekebraruob

This made me giggle – the EU delegates became increasingly angry with Theresa May’s repeated phrase ‘successful Brexit’. I guess the EU leaders want anything but successful Brexit

RC. Great idea.

I have taken out your comments for tomorrow’s post

125. RC78 says:

BR 🙂

Give us a sneak preview RC

The upside of brexit for the arsenal 🙂

Is Real v Athletico going to be a goal fest or a bore?

Bale isn’t playing, so that won’t help the goal tally

Bore fest – Atletico are efficient but boring under Simeone.

Monaco v Juve tomorrow, on the other hand.

Efficient 🙂

You’re saying he’s another Maureen aren’t you.

Thanks for the advice. I shall heed.

Is that badge from the ’82 (?) season with blue green away

Chas
    When you said you “might” watch the final, does that mean you’re not going?

Ahhhhhhh, you meant CL final, right?

6.37 A cash crop. Proper gardening 🙂

Erik

I knew a bloke who grew up knowing he’d inherit 20k when he was 21. Decided he was never going to work and throw everything into one slightly risky venture involving chartering a big sailing boat for a month and a return journey to Morocco

He’d either spend the next 20 yrs in prison getting buggered or be set up for life. Left school at 18. Laid low, plotted and learnt to sail.

He’s never worked since 🙂

138. chas mobile says:

Haha, I was completely wrong about Atletico and Simeone.
    I still know dick all about football fifty years on.

139. chas mobile says:

Mmmmmmm, red seal and gold seal black, mmmmmmm.

Haha ditto, Chas

I saw the result and then thought shit, what do I know, as well

Then I realized…more than Arsene. Strikers win games 🙂

Mmmmmmmmm, memories 🙂

142. chas cekebraruob says:

You mean strikers like Antoine Griezmann. 🙂

I think them getting to two CL finals underlines shit like that 🙂

What are you mmmmmmooming about now?

Atletico as efficient as us

You’re now going to tell me Tony Griezmann missed some sitters last night aren’t you?

146. chas cekebraruob says:

The blue and green badge is new.

147. chas cekebraruob says:

148. chas cekebraruob says:

No, Griezmann didn’t have a sniff all night.

Illustrating the point that a striker is pretty redundant unless chances are created for him (by wingers/midfield) and there is a stable defence not conceding many chances backing the striker’s efforts.

Football – a team game – never let it be said. 🙂

149. chas cekebraruob says:

Eddie
    You had to have been there…………….

Any photos of Peaches’ garden for us?

Beginning of the end indeed
    I gave up my season ticket the following season
    Not the only reason, but I certainly didn’t want to sit near the same cretins game in game out, year in.. people simply annoy me too much for that kind of thing

Hang on, a moment ago you said something about dick all, now you’re a bloody expert again when it’s convenient 🙂

Micky – I cannot travel on underground in case someone sits next to me with short sleeves and hairy arms. Vomiting guaranteed.

I have list of pictures of peaches’ garden but it’s private 😂😂

It is the most beautiful garden I’ve seen, all year round colour, structure and movement, truly magic. I’m trying to replicate it in Cuffley but I think j like peonies and roses too much

Is the naked woman carrying a cannabis tree? No wonder she’s smiling

Call them Roger’s Garden Pics and slip them under the radar

Oh Chas, onto more important matters, I think I’ve mastered posting pics on here. About a year ago, you told me about phootbucket, which I joined, then found it yesterday.

I go get and try

156. chas cekebraruob says:

Peonies too short-lived and roses too prickly to base your whole garden on.

What colour is dominant in Peaches’ garden? Mine’s gone from white to purpley mauve.

Mrs Didit gave me one hour flying lesson for Christmas
    Went last Sunday
    Hate heights but superb flying over our local beaches and surf spots

Here we go. Fingers crossed

158. chas cekebraruob says:

oh bollocks

160. chas cekebraruob says:

You forgot the link had to end with ‘.jpg’ 🙂

161. chas cekebraruob says:

So how did you change it on the photobucket page?

Must go in a sec as doing school run. Back 20 mins

If I can master this, I’ll take a photo of a rhodo in flower from our garden

164. chas cekebraruob says:

Did you get to hold the controls?

Peaches hates rhodos, azaleas, camelias and magnolias, I’m not allowed to have more than 1 bed of those ☺

Chas – green of course.! It’s a flipping garden

Chas – you and peaches have a lot in common, you would get on like a house on fire. All the cooking, gardening, arsenal…..made for each other 😂😂😂

167. chas cekebraruob says:

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Pedantry does not become you.

6.12. Happy Daze

169. chas cekebraruob says:

Just down the road from me, there’s a roundabout (they call them ‘islands’ up here).
    It has three mature magnolia trees on it.
    For three weeks in the year it is just the most glorious sight.

Lovely garden pic. We only have a terrace as we live in an apartment but we do have a blueberry plant and some green stuff. Nothing brash like tulips or daffs.

I like trees the most. Again, I’m not allowed many but I sneaked in a dozen or so

I will post a couple of pics of Capability Peaches’ garden when I get back to civilization

Rhodo

And yes, I got to drive the plane

[URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/MDidit/media/IMG_2240_zps0eouk3og.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w475/MDidit/IMG_2240_zps0eouk3og.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

So you got flying lessons and not leather trousers, how very posh

Wow, stunning well established garden. And the Spaniards? Are they all gone?

176. chas cekebraruob says:

Micky
    Right click on photo, left click on Copy Image Location.
    Right click is your friend. 🙂

177. chas cekebraruob says:

Superb rhodie.
    Which part of the estate is that photo from?

No, I’ll never win that battle

Planted 1000 natives but everywhere you go you see hybrids even in hedgerows miles from a village

Still plenty of unspoilt bluebell carpeted woodlands, but they will all be gone in 50 years

…but you won’t see it. Look on the bright side 😂😂

180. chas cekebraruob says:

In the above, you want the bit starting http://i1077. and finishing zps0eouk3og.jpg

So in total but without the double quotes I’ve added.
    “http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w475/MDidit/IMG_2240_zps0eouk3og.jpg”

Copy image location doesn’t appear after right click

Bollocks to it 🙂

It was a big beautiful rhodo in cerise 🙂

bollocks shitballs never again

Lovely white square, very art noveou

How many of these do you grow in your garden?

The link you copied “http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/MDidit/media/DSCN2479_zpsxm5k0zwf.jpg”
    is the one used for sorting the photos, hence the ‘s’ before 1077, you needed the one with ‘i’ there – i for image.

Simples. Hahahahaha

Art crappeau garden design. 🙂

Right, off to do some strimming, hedge trimming, brimming and rimming.

Yeah right, and photofuckit make it so easy to find the one beginning with an i. Wankers

Where’s the bloody post so I can have a topic to pick on 🙂

Good idea. Fresh air needed.

You seem to care a lot about what peaches likes or not likes 😂😂

I like the owl, does that matter to you? Does it fuck

There is a New Post