Arsenal News or Lack of.

I write posts, a lot of them. Well over 500 in the AA years since 2010 (?). Yet here I sit, staring at my keyboard completely bereft of ideas for a post. Why? Because of the Interlull.

It is crap. International games have become meaningless as most of our players play for countries which invariably qualify top of their Euro/World Cup groups. Quite frankly, we do not care about watching England struggle against Lithustania.

Other players are involved in long-distance travel to S. America or Africa, expend huge energy in travel, training and playing time, then return to AFC (their wage payers) Kerry Packered or injured.

My suggestion is that for the top National teams they stop qualification tournaments which are dull and only exist to make money for already rich Associations. The big tournaments should be seeded.

Right, enough of that train of thought ….

Bored with “will he stay or should he stay”

Bored with “will they sign a contract extension”.

Bored with discussions about Silent Stan and his cohorts ideas for the future of the club.

So what to write about?

I could , of course, pre-empt my pre-match and start the ball rolling on a discussion about our huge game on Sunday, but what of tradition? We have still three days to go and what do we discuss tomorrow and Sunday morning?

I could express my dislike of small dogs, plimsolls, coloured Doctor Martins, and my love of sliders and ladies with “abundance”, but we have done that, haven’t we, and at least the posts should be football related.

Or we could not have a post at all. In my opinion the site would die if we only post a couple of times a week and I would hate that to happen.

So … I remain blank. Perhaps you have an idea?

written by Big Raddy

74 Responses to Arsenal News or Lack of.

1. goonerjake says:

Erm….? Jammy dodgers or custard creams? ….. wait a minute didn’t red nose do that?

2. Zed says:

A whimsical Post, Raddy, but welcome for all that as it hits the nail on the head, which is that football, in many ways, is an enclosed subject that is limited in matters of interest to individual supporters.

Kudos for putting forth your views, with which I wholeheartedly concur.

There are other more general matters that might draw a flicker of interest, such as;

–Technology. Particularly use of video, or the extension of streaming to allow impoverished fans to watch games legally at a much reduced price?

— Improvement of the stadium to allow the sounds of fan support to be better generated. Old enclosed stadiums win hands down against modern delights such as the Emirates, in focusing a crescendo of fan singing and support.

— Are the current levels of punishment awarded for elbowing, diving or feigning injury sufficient to deter modern day multi-millionaire felons?

OK, none compare with your love of sliders (?) and ladies of ill-repute, so perhaps we need Terry to write a thesis on why AW has not, and seemingly does not want, to tell us what his future holds in store, even tho we all know he will stay.

So it’s a full on dust up between you and Tell. ๐Ÿ˜€

Zed. 3 good points and food for next weeks posts.

Wish I had asked you before writing the above nonsense!

Thanks Raddy. It is precisely because we are all fed up to the back teeth with the repetition of stance on the stay/go debate that all blogs are suffering at the moment.

Micky is right, the prospect of a proper game of football at home against City will be the perfect antidote for the collective lethargy … and then after that game, no doubt the debate will rage again ๐Ÿ™‚

It would help if the club would make a statement on the situation and then at least some of the clueless speculation will cease.

We could always rename the site ‘Slider Slider’ ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Raddy, I find friendly internationals to be an unnecessary interference with the flow of club football and the risk of injuries is compounded and a causes a bigger problem for the club than the country. That said the managers need to test out different players and different formats and they cannot do that without some friendly games.

So how can that be accomplished without adversely affecting the club schedules is the real issue – has anybody got any ideas on a solution?

I can think of many posts relating to football but if they were posted today they would be ignored by many and generate just a few comments.

It seems that a general disinterest, due to our results and the various schools of thought has created a reduction in bloggers and therefore comments.

I personally have no issue creating posts, with the able help of Chas, but I wonder if it’s worth the effort?

7. Zed says:

Raddy/Rasper

Were you aware that the site is being ‘surveilled’ by trackers — Google Analytics and Commscore Beacon?

Do they keep check on the number of ‘hits’ etc? Feels like spying to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp, as regards the Interdull and its effect on sites — There are two sites I have been known to frequent [not now] — one who can only abide ‘positive’ comments and the other which is a hotbed of ‘disappointing’ criticism of Wenger and the club – over and over – again.

Yeuk!!

8. jjgsol says:

Thank you.

Can anyone prepare a post, and if so, how does one go about it, as far as the site is concerned?

Over the years as an amateur bloggist, I have thought of ideas, so, maybe, the time is ripe for me to have a try.

To get to more important matters, it seems that March has taken over from November as our losing month.

I think that part of the problem has been the Sanchez/Ozil conundrum.

Whether or not Ozil was genuinely injured may not be relevant.

If he was not, but not in the right frame of mind, then it would have been correct to leave him out.

Contract disputes always seem to cause a sharp deterioration in the form of the relevant players. I well remember how Kanu’s career with us and elsewhere took a nosedive when he was involved in one.

We saw the same with Van Persie and Fabrecas.

AW clearly felt that they had to go, as their unhappiness was infecting the others and we are seeing the same again now.

I think they should be told that, if they want to go, then they can and will, and in the meantime, they are expected to pull out all the stops for the club that helped to make them what they are.

Add to that the fact that we usually do badly in games straight after an international break, perhaps we should not be looking forward so much to Sunday.

Hi jjgsol, The “be our guest” section at the top of the page gives you the details on sending in a post.

10. Zed says:

Go for it JJG.

This is an open house subject only to Room 101, and avoiding naughty words, especially the ‘C’ word.

They even allowed me to write the occasional Post, rubbish as they were. Send the Post to the email address arsenalnuts@aol.com
    and you will be an Author!! ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Zed says:

Incidentally, JJG, your 1:58 comment is very sensible.

12. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger is staying. ร–zil is staying. Sanchez is going and will collect various injuries until the end of his career. Nobody can run around like he does and expect to play much beyond 30. Might be a good time to cash in before he goes all ‘Ramsey’s hamstrings’ on us!

My wife told me to get some pills to help get an erection. You should have seen the look on her face when I gave her some diet pills. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I like the way you think FGG.

Zed you are completely understating the quality of your posts, they are always top draw.

16. Zed says:

If only that were true, GN5. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been asked by other Blog Masters to write for their sites – but have always said no – ever since Rocky was so terrified of them he went and never came back!! ๐Ÿ˜€

However in your case, you should write more of your excellent stuff, and as I have said to you before, do not be disappointed if the comments are relatively few, because your Posts are neatly tailored and do not call for much other than the pleasure of reading them.

I know JJG from other sites [one in particular] and he is a kindred spirit to yourself, and I think he will suit AA very well.

Your comments are always appreciated Zed and I am not alone in liking your posts.

Radders
    Blank is how i’m feeling.
    Personally, I’m not sure if it’s just an interlull blankness.

In a way I was pleased the international break came when it did – no more feeling miserable about something over which I’ve no control.

Well up for Sunday’s game against Citeh.
    On the train, so win, lose or draw I’ll be enjoying myself too much to notice.

I still have people at work asking me if I’m Wenger in or out. FFS.

chas. You and me both. Yawn. And it is almost always people who haven’t got a clue about football and less about AFC.

Thanks Erik
    You caught the mood perfectly ๐Ÿ™‚
    Feeling blank. Blankets on and hunker down. Until tomorrow, where a win wouldn’t half lift spirits

Has Eddie made “the switch”?

And I’m not talking about some trans-type of op

22. fatgingergooner says:

Just realised it’s April 1st! ๐Ÿ˜‚

FGG ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

9 points behind spurs
    game in hand
    them away to burnley today
    could the season’s biggest ROLF begin this weekend?

going shopping for food. later

26. Zed says:

Good Morning Peeps, and the hunkered downers. ๐Ÿ™‚

We all know that life has its lows and its highs, and football is just a part of that.

For myself, I just do not see our current football ‘crisis’ as anything of the sort.

Even if we are not top titty at the moment — we will be eventually – or not — life guarantees nothing. However, pessimism, like ‘flu, quickly spreads and infects many otherwise well balanced fans.

Stick with it guys.

27. Zed says:

Mickish – a brilliant 9:13 — can’t keep a good man down. ๐Ÿ™‚

28. fatgingergooner says:

As much as I dislike International breaks, I’ve got to say this one came at a good time. It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of shite that is the Arsenal related media. Sometimes it helps to take a break and take stock. Arsene sounds like a man ready to fight and I think the players are going to respond in the same way. We may end up outside the top 4 and trophyless, but as long as we see some fight in the players and hope for next season then we can move forward. Once these contract situations are sorted things will settle and the club will push on as it always has. Onwards and upwards.

29. VP of Oz says:

Kerry Packered…
    BR, you are brilliant!

VP. Not brilliant, just well-versed in Cockney rhyming slang ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking forward to the Merseyside derby. A draw would be best for us.

An Everton win for me

Points off any team above us being the reason

Oh, and I can’t stand Pool ๐Ÿ™‚

Do Pool ever have a home game without a minutes’ silence

Today obviously ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh yes, here we go

Ok, should we be interested in Lukaku?

bugger

Everton not doing too well atm.

Morning all, thanks for the filler Raddy. No news at Arsenal??? Well I am not sure whether I should say it publicly so keep it to yourself. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows something I know, but I know someone who knows someone very well who has said that AW to PSG is happening and we are getting a certain ex mad Irish Utd midfielder (recently beardy). Not saying any more than that about who it is and you will have to work it out yourself. Also not saying who knows who who knows things but shall we just use the initials D.D and think godfather godchild relationship.

39. Zed says:

That’s the most sensible thing you have ever written, GB, thank you — and it is, of course, still gibberish! ๐Ÿ™‚

40. Zed says:

GB,

I happen to know summink abart sum one who knows nuffink abart nuffink and he has assured me that there is nuffink doing nowhere, and that’s a fact – maybe.

A distinct pointer to sumfink – wouldn’t you say?

The source is Eddie isn’t it GB

Wait and see ZedRA, you will not doubt me once things are announced.

Eddie is not D.D Micky.

April 1 GB

3-1 Pool. Bad news.

Diana Dors?

46. Zed says:

Who Diana Draws?

We know it is Donald Duck, GB. He is a mouthy git and has quacked it out to all.

Once AW’s intentions are made public you will see the mate of my mate’s sister’s aunt who told the grandfather of her boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend who knows summat abart nuffink will be proved right.

It is almost certain that AW will stay or leave! mark my words!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ah I see Micky. Yes I forgot it was April 1st. You thought I was aving yer on.

ZedRA, he will neither stay nor leave but will become something far greater that exists in the ethereal world betwixt life and death and football manager and non football manager. He will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine and transcend the world of mere earthly mortals.

49. Zed says:

That is disgraceful, GB.

You are implying he will become more powerful than anything I can imagine – an evil fart in a small lift?

Nuts. Spurs just scored.

So GB thinks that Liam Brady is about to take over from AW.

AF joke?

52. Red Arnie says:

Matchday, important as well. And yes I care. On my travels, knot ear, and all that. But positive vibes, even though I will miss the game. Sad. But hope you guys have a great game. COYG

Matchday!

I’m sure GN5 is somewhere in the middle of this little lot.

It’s a must win Arnie, must win ๐Ÿ™‚

As I v’e said, the players decide everything

Sun shines, and my plans for the day are up in the air.

EDDDDDIIEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahoy Chas

I was trying to look at The Exchange on Friday Is it 48 hrs before a game it closes?

Was thinking there was a possibility of boarding a train today

I think the Exchange expiry date/time for Jon’s second seat (which sold) was 3pm on Friday.

49 hours then ๐Ÿ™‚

59. Ant says:

Have just seen this from Positively Arsenal and it sums up football for me so I thought I would share,

“The sport can be a complex blend of tactics, egos, form and confidence. It can bewilder and confuse, thrill and frustrate in equal or unequal measures. However this is only for the manager and players. When, like us, all you have to do is watch the game, it is actually very simple.

You only really have two things to do โ€“ celebrate if your team wins, get over it if they lose. Oh, and you could try to enjoy as much of the stuff that takes place on the pitch before either result comes about. Everything else, the arguments, the opinions, the discussions, is just froth. Ephemeral, chimerical codswallop which, if you let it, will strangle any joy you might once have taken from watching a match.”

Enjoy the game

With extra froth for you Ant

Have a great day

61. Zed says:

I don’t know what you have done to Eddie, Mr Micky, but yelling her name like the wail of a banshee is unlikely to fix it.

Grovel man – grovel – it’s the only way. You know it’s true. ๐Ÿ™‚

62. Zed says:

Morning Ant. ๐Ÿ™‚

Are you and the gang going to the game – minus Con, it seems?

Enjoy it if you are. I am not expecting too much in terms of the result but I enjoy watching the team, because that is what I do. C’est la vie.

63. Zed says:

Con = Jon.

Late start for BR, hence late PM. Better start …. though it is unlikely to maintain the she standard of chas’s 8.18

Ok then Zed
    Two pronged attack
    You do the silver tongued smooth talking number on Eddie
    I’ll carry on shouting

In the meantime, I’m in limbo. Meant to be going away with my daughter for four days. Meant to be going canoeing with my son today. Both still asleep. Want to watch game this pm. Don’t know whether I’m meant to be heading off with daughter today or tomorrow It’s bloody chaos I tell you and the full stop on my laptop only works sometimes

Erik
    It wasn’t Chas, it was Ant
    And it wasn’t Ant it was a drip from elsewhere
    We like moaning and groaning

And the author of the Ant comment posted it on a blog!

Edddddddieeeeee

69. Morning all fooootie ๐Ÿ™‚

I know for a fact that Eddie is walking dogs early so that she can play with grandchildren soon. Happy Days, this grandma is going to football – I did grandma yesterday ๐Ÿ™‚

70. So, what happened to the chavs yesterday? My baby spud has told me that Poch has already told them they can win the league. Mind you he told them that last season and they finished third in a two horse race lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

There is a New Post