Draxler to Arsenal.

January  transfer window coming up. even the busy time coming up let’s think about our squad and if it needs tweaking.

Keeoer. No. We are good.

RB. Bellerin , Boosh, Jens, and Gabriel. Perhaps we could use another backup but most probably an area to look at in summer.

CB’s. Fine. Never better.

LB. The same.

Defensive Midfield. Happy with our choices.

Attacking Midfield. Packed tighter than a Japanese metro in rush hour.

CF. Lovely. Top players can’t get a start. And Welbz to return

Wings. On paper, fine.

But —-

What if a world class player whom Mr Wenger has been trying to sign for three years becomes available. Do we buy him?

images-1.jpeg

Draxler is top quality. Potentially another Bobby Pires and German to boot. One could question his attitude as he tries to escape from Wolfsburg but AW is not a man to worry about signing “characters” (Wiltord, Ade etc).

Thing is, does Draxler improve the squad, and if so, do we sell one of our chaps, and if so, whom?

Or, heaven forbid, Sanchez may not be willing to extend his contract in which case we will need another Worldie.

So, Draxler. €40m. 23 y-o- German WC Winner. Mate of Mesut. Would you?

Written by Big Raddy

149 Responses to Draxler to Arsenal.

has didit written it?

Nope. I am responsible 😦

you fooled me with short sentences 🙂

I would sign Draxler and sell Walcott, Ox and Wilshere.

BUT to be honest with you I would look at another side of the coin – each year or even twice a year we are questioning buying/selling players. each year we are 1-2 players short. Then we buy 1-2 players and we are still 1-2 players short. Could it be that we don’t need more players but we need a new manager?

Oh please, don’t faint or have a pop at me. It is just a question

Nice Erik. Thank you for taking the time.

Yes, of course sign him up. Why not? It’s not our money.

Actually, cancel that. I just looked him up and he doesn’t score enough goals. This is what I found

Years Team Apps (Gls)

2011–2015 Schalke 118 (18)

2015– Wolfsburg 32 (6)

So Erik, back to your question. Sure we need a top forward, but who takes over as No10 from Mesut if he gets tired? Draxler is listed as a No 10, so maybe not such a bad idea after all

Eddie

I’ll try and keep my sentences tight 🙂

Yip, it may well be the manager. Whenever something goes wrong, many like to find a scapegoat, and always point at this or that player, whereas like you, I blame the bloke at the top.

Blimey, maybe God’s fault we lost at Everton

micky – it is not just about the loss to Everton. it is about many years that we build our hopes high and land on our arses season, after season, after season.

The AKB will start by asking who is the better manager. yeah, yeah, yeah, there aren’t any. Where did chavs get that Conte guy from? Or why Pep and Klopp end up up north?

I truly believe that we have almost perfect squad with whom another manager could do better. Why is the idea of Wenger running out of ideas so appalling to some? It happens to all of us – at certain age we are not as sharp as we were 10,20,30 years ago. Some were never sharp, but that is a different story altogether

Love the idea of Draxler coming to the club, I like the idea even more of selling Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Walcott and Wilshere to finance it. From What I have seen this German is a step up from all of those three but I am not sure he is a step up from Welbeck, who some may remember plays in the same position, so the chances of all this happening are slim to never going to happen in my opinion.

Shame, good talking point though.

LB
    Hate to start a fight, but Welbeck will end up a central striker, so no competition to the others

Eddie
    I agree. He’s old.

Draxler has about half the goals per game average that Theo does, and also way behind The Ox this season

Draxler may well be one for the future, but not any kind on instant fix solution. He must be good to play for the national team, although I’ve only seen the odd clip.

Team news: Latest on Ramsey and Welbeck

Who’s in and who’s out for our trip to Manchester City on Sunday?

Arsène Wenger delivered the latest team news update before taking training at London Colney on Friday. Read on for full details:

on the latest team news…
    For the City game we should have approximately the same squad who went to Everton. Nobody’s back – Ramsey’s not back. He is the closest to coming back and we have some knocks and bruises but they should all be available again.

on Ramsey…
    Next week I believe he should be back in the squad in normal training.

on Welbeck…
    Danny Welbeck is one week away from full training. But of course it will take some time [for him to be fully fit] because he hasn’t played for a long, long time.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20161216/team-news-latest-on-ramsey-and-welbeck#Oupvxr1bhb8ZzVCK.99

Thanks GN5

Really looking forward to the City game as I think we could win well, but, we cannot play like we did v Everton with Mesut Granit and Coq occupying two square feet in the middle, we must get our width back,

So glad it’s on Sunday

Micky I felt that our biggest issue against Everton was the fact that Walcott and Ox were both AWOL, especially Walcott.

We had the chances to win the game – I can still visualize Ozil skying one easy chance – but then again I didn’t except us to go unbeaten for the rest of the season – nor will the other teams in the top six.

The Everton crowd were on fire – boy I really envy teams that have vocally supportive crowds – we have moaners and groaners, seems to be a contagious disease among our fans.

GN5
    Agree about the wide boys, but why? Ox was haring around like a loon, but there was no-one from Midfield to be seen.

We were playing straight through the middle. Granit and Coq need to play far more side by side to start getting the width from deeper. Rather than 4-1-1-1-2-1, it should be 4-2-3-1

I don’t know whether that was clever tactics by Everton to compress us or what

Coq Granit and Mesut can do much better, and that in turn, brings the wide boys into play

Must go

Micky (oops)

Not sure where the fight would be there, I agree that Welbeck could play centrally and if he did then a certain Alexis Sanchez would play wide left.

16. chas mobile says:

Cheers, BR.
    Drax looks a Venga type player and gets injured frequently too, so would be ideal.
    I’d lash in a 50 mill bid to avoid any just over 40 shenanigans.

Micky, I rarely talk about tactics or strategies as they are not my strong point. I simply make observations about the painfully obvious issues. One of the main disadvantage’s of only watching on TV is the fact that we only get a limited view of what is actually occurring elsewhere on the pitch, which makes it very difficult to have an informed opinion.

However it was obvious that Everton’s compressing tactics minimized our ability to have an effective passing game and we were unable to counteract their tactic’s. 😦 😦 😦

There you go GN5. Easy 🙂 🙂

As for your thing about not seeing everything, what nonsense, have an opinion, shout it, and don’t worry about facts and details 🙂

Still not here, basically trying to kill work off today for Christmas

I wouldn’t buy Draxler. We have a great squad and if he comes someone would leave.

And we have to find space for Iwobi.

Draxler doesn’t look the type of player who can track back and tackle.

That said, we rarely create attacks from the left side of the pitch so perhaps we have a need for him.

Re: Everton. Clattenburg cost us the game. Not giving a clear penalty and giving a corner that led to a goal which was a goal kick.

we have to find space for Iwobi? why?

Because Iwobi is going to be a massive player for Arsenal and has potential to be one of the greats

Erik

Right about Iwobi, wrong about the ref costing us. Everton because they scored two goals and we only got one 🙂

That’s me done on work. Rock ‘n roll till christmas

dear raddy, you don’t know about Iwobi. He has potential, I give you that, but a couple of seasons ago you were in love with Sanogo, before with Akpom and before then with Wilshere.

25. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers Raddy, you are on a roll my friend! 🔝

Spot on re need to strengthen the midwingers. Draxler could be the answer as we have discussed in previous posts. Welbeck is not a CF, for that his positioning is not good enough and his club stats are pretty dire. But on the wing in our current system he will be brilliant, and I reckon the same goes for Perez. Theo and Ox have their moments and are good squad players to have, but as first choice options they will cost us silverware. Agreed that Iwobi is our super talent and could become very, very good. But with Welbeck’s injury history and Perez being Sanchez’s stand in, we will need to find another top winger sooner or later imo.

Eddie, I appreciate that you read and remember my comments but unfortunately in this instance your memory is letting you down.

Except with Wilshire who IMO remains an excellent player.

TA. Thing is that Draxler will expect to be an automatic starter and I doubt AW can grant hi his wish.

I don’t remember your comments from this morning raddy, let alone 5 years ago 🙂 but almost all regulars here (including me, probably) were oh and ah in love with Yaya and Akpom. And Jack

How dare you Eddie. I never said a good word about either Yaya or Akpom 🙂

listen Didit, I said very clearly ‘almost all’, you are outside that bracket, al’right?

31. TotalArsenal says:

We assume that, Raddy, and there is no reason to think Draxler could be offered a lot of games every season anyway. But for me Draxler is just an option, and there are better players out there.

They’re all shit.
    There you go, say that and you can’t be wrong if anyone turns out to be a dud.

I’m not 100% sure that David Robert Jones was recognised as David Bowie wrt to the chest expander, so just to clarify…………

35. VP of Oz says:

No-one has made any comment on the last few minutes of the game when we had Perez, Giroud, Sanchez, Ozil, and Iwobi playing. It was very exciting having so many quality attacking players on the pitch at the same time. And even though we were susceptible to the counter, I got a sense that it was working for us. If Perez had come on at the 71 minute mark with Iwobi and Giroud maybe we would have scored. I know we were desperate but I cannot remember the last time we had so many attacking players on the pitch at the same time….

VP
    It was definitely the most exciting part of the game for Ant and me. 🙂

Hello everyone, a rare foray for me these days. Thanks Raddy.

For me Draxler depends on a couple of points. Firstly what is his best position? We need to ensure that any top class addition is in an area we need to balance the squad and not just a collection of another good techy player in areas we are already well served in. I think his best position is as a right footed inside left (Sanchez old position).

Personally I have always felt that this is Ox’s best position but he hasn’t had a proper run at it till this year. I tend to disagree with many that feel he is a busted flush or not quite good enough and with a prolonged run I think he could become a very good inside left forward. I would at least like to give it a go.

When you add Welbeck, who looks a very good inside left player, and Sanchez, who can switch back there with one of our other striker options up top, then it seems to me that we are well served in this position. Not that I don’t rate Draxler but I am not convinced he is a massive upgrade on what those 3 mentioned can offer.

If we get an inside wing forward then I would still look towards a top left footer that is good from the right. That is the type of player we miss in the squad and would bring us an extra dimension and balance. I really wouldn’t look any further than Mahrez myself who I really rate and think would get even better with us. His tricky footwork would be excellent in tight park the bus boxes cutting onto his left foot. Did anyone see his lay off for one of Vardy’s goals against City…pure class and technique. Anyway just my thoughts but I think Mahrez would add more to this squad than Draxler.

Alexis Sanchez admits the onus is on Arsenal in contract tug-of-war

Last Updated: 16/12/16 6:34pm

Alexis Sanchez – speaking exclusively to Sky Sports’ Geoff Shreeves – has put the emphasis on Arsenal to sort out his future

Alexis Sanchez says he is happy at Arsenal but has put the onus on the club to make the first move in contract negotiations.

The Gunners are said to be in contract renewal negotiations with the Chilean, whose contract expires in 18 months, but reports in the British media have claimed a Chinese Super League club is ready to offer him £400,000-a-week deal.
    Man City vs Arsenal

Sanchez has been one of the stars of this season in the Premier League, scoring 12 goals, but both the club and the player have yet to agree on terms.

When asked about his desire to sign a new contract, Sanchez told Sky Sports’ Geoff Shreeves in an exclusive interview: “I’m focused more on winning football matches – I’m staying concentrated on that.

“It really doesn’t depend on me – if they want to show confidence in me. I’m very happy at the club. I love all the staff. I’m very grateful for everybody here.

“It depends on Arsenal,” the Chilean added, ahead of Sunday’s match with Manchester City, live on Sky Sports.

“I enjoy the relationship with the fans. I want to achieve more for them. I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League.”

Both City and Arsenal know a victory on Sunday could be a huge moment in the title race with the possibility of Chelsea being nine points clear at kick-off if they beat Crystal Palace on Saturday lunchtime.

When all the rumours are going around – it can distract a player from their main focus of concentration.

Sanchez is well aware of the importance of Sunday’s clash and is keen to stay focused on his performance level rather than worry about what the future will bring.

“I’ve told my agent I don’t want to speak about this too much when all the rumours are going around – it can distract a player from their main focus of concentration,” he said.

“I’m playing well and scoring goals. I’m achieving my objectives.

“I’m just focused on playing football, Sunday is a very important match. I’ve got an agent who deals with all of this, so I just want to focus on making the fans happy.

“I’m very relaxed. I’m trying not to let it bother me – that’s not what I want. We’ll see when it’s all resolved – I’m very calm. I’ve told my agent I don’t want to speak about this sort of thing.”

When is

“Old enough to know better”

supposed to kick in?

I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.

I never know what they are planning next.

Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude.

My personality is who I am.

My attitude depends on who you are.

43. VP of Oz says:

OK, I’m ready for the night shift again. Sorry I’m a bit late as I had to change out of my shorts. You’d think the dress-code would be more relaxed on the night shift, especially if its hot and no air-con.
    Now to look up this planet that Chas was referring to.

44. VP of OZ says:

Good morning all.
    I thought that went well again, I might even post something relevant next time.

I did have time to look into this “Planet” thing and all I could come up with was the eponymous metaphor, ie. that men and women are from distinct planets—men from Mars and women from Venus—and that each sex is acclimated to its own planet’s society and customs, but not to those of the other.
    Not sure where Chas was going with this but no time to dwell on it as its getting closer to the Sunday kick-off.
    Enjoy your Saturday
    cheers

…now handing back over to Chas and company.

Cheers, VP.
    You were spot on with the planet idea.

VP. A fine night duty. Thank you.

Chas.6.52. Pics like this remind me how grateful I should be to be a man, imagine having to walk around with that type of upholstery!

6.45. I know I have seen this film but cannot remember title

GB. Good to see you and I agree with you 100% Only problem is Mahrez isn’t available 😦

6.45
    9) Henrietta, “How to Succeed at . . . Murder,” The Avengers (1966)

Henrietta has a simple plan: destroy the patriarchy by replacing male CEOs with their female secretaries. One of her victims is J.J. Hooter, played by Christopher Benjamin, who was also in “The Talons of Weng-Chiang.” Apparently, he has “creepy dolls” in his contract. Henrietta, with her husband, recruits competent women, gives them charm bracelets that kill, and orders the death of men in power. And she runs a fitness center. Because of course a ventriloquist dummy runs a fitness center. Her husband’s name is Henry, which pretty much ruins any attempt at a twist ending.

No VP, heat is never an excuse for short trousers.

I cannot think of one stylish gentleman ever seen in shorts, other than perhaps at the Battle of El Alamein in 1942

what about TH14? He looked good in shorts

It’s worth reading through the comments backwards, and seeing if you can detect a thread

(yes, I know the same problem exists reading forwards also)

8:25 strewth…bush vp

57. Ant says:

And me of course

don’t know about you lot, but I’ve got snow on my screen, and one flake is behaving very suspiciously indeed

Chelsea at Palace today. They win and pressure really piled on for tomorrow. They have to start losing sometime.

Who needs a coherent thread?

Ant
    Gentlemen in hot pants is an entirely different topic, and normally reserved for specialist, members only, sites 🙂

What kind of lawn mower do they use at Arsenal?

Oh yuk 🙂

8.43 🙂 🙂 🙂

chelsea win and pressure piles ha ha ha ha, what pressure?

Wow Chas, I love those pics.

Honestly, I could read a post about ground maintenance at The Ems

Grass type, undersoil structure, lights for growth

who’s the man in the deckchair, best looking there

Did you watch 8.52?

Stuart, a scouser – too young for you.

I would write that post, but I suspect it’d be much research, and 3 related comments in return.

too young. but men my age look shit

72. VP of OZ says:

I think you guys are harsh, Steve Irwin always wore shorts…
    I’m about to go watch Rogue One

Chas 8:52 is fantastic

Could it be a post with a few lines, or too boring?

watch 8:52? yeah, fascinating stuff, 5:09 minutes about cutting grass ffs

Ok Eddie, here’s a brilliant idea for a post

You are a Lady. Do one for the girls. Top ten best looking Arsenal players of all time.

Maybe we could collar some new bloggers.

micky – wrong! I am not a lady. You have to ask Peaches.
    This and the fact that I have somehow warped taste in men. I expect the worst photo of Rory to appear here any moment…

Also, you know who the ladies and women would vote for! There was only one drop dead gorgeous Gunner ever.

Groves?
    See, I’m in touch. Love cushions and soft furnishings

I’ll give you a clue – he is French.

79. Red Arnie says:

lovely post Raddy. 🙂 sorry knot ear. lovely discussion as well.

The thing about Draxler is that Arsene identified him and William Carvalho at about the same them. Both of them turned us down, and they will not have any opportunity any more. Unlucky for them, unlucky for us. Transfer is all about timing.

I dont believe that money can buy anything, and certainly not interested in players who would come to Arsenal only because they are offered obscene amounts of shit. Let them go to the Oilers for all I care. Our club is like a family. We welcome in special people to become part of the family.

For this same reason, always a soft spot for the likes of Iwobi, Jack, Jenks and so on, even Sanogo and Akpom. They may or may not be shit, but even if they were it is our shit. The shit on the outside, like Draxler. do not deserve the same adulation.

OK, relaxed now. That was a big burden off my chest. 🙂

80. VP of OZ says:

Just watched Rogue One. There is a part of the movie that goes for 5 mins in which they explain how they mow the lawns on the Death Star. I think it was inspired by Chas at 8:52…

81. Red Arnie says:

what a photo, Chas! 🙂

arnie – young Stewart makes them all look good

micky – surprise, surprise, chavs beat Palace. The heat is on, scorcher

Is it just me? I don’t give a monkey’s about the Chavs. I care about AFC.

I want AFC to do their best, I want them to play with style, I want them to compete in every game.

They do.

I don’t expect them to win every game, I don’t expect them to win a league which is determined by finance (LCFC was an extraordinary exception, as can be seen this season). I don’t expect them to win the CL.

I would like them to but if they don’t I will still love them.

84. chas mobile says:

100% agree with your leftie, positive, unentitled approach to following The Arse, BR.

Raddy, I agree that’s the way I have always supported the Gunners, my hopes are always high but at the end of most seasons my hopes and dreams have not been achieved – but there’s always next season…………………and my love for them goes on endlessly.

Early on (back in the 50’s) I learned the hard way what it was like to support a team that was

Those who always expect us to win are nothing more than trophy hunters whose expectations will never be achieved.

86. Spot on Raddy. Not about Draxler, I mean your 5.51. Discussing potential transfer targets publicly breeds bad habits when discreetly seeing another mans wife.

When I discuss potential targets, I usually ring the married women I’ve been seeing and “Shhh baby. We’ve been linked with Draxler. Dont get excited in front of Bert, and neither start learning German, it might make him suspicious”

I usually get dumped after that.

Football is in the soul. I miss the old days, malnourished men salivating over roasted peanuts. Does anyone else remember what a fat bastard “Peanuts, Roasted Peanuts” was? When my uncle snuffed it from a heart attack several year back, my first question to his son was “Did he like peanuts”

Football is not all about winning. It’s also about measuring ones cholesterol.

Another smile courtesy of Terry – thank you.

100% agree with your leftfield, positive, unencumbered by sanity approach to following The Arse, Terry.

I just did a little study that will most likely be of no interest to anybody else but me – but here it is anyway………..

I’ve been supporting Arsenal for 70 seasons and in the time we have won 9 league titles = 1 every 8.75 years.

Arsenal have been in existence for 123 seasons during which time we have won 13 league titles = 1 every 9.46 years.

The seasons in between us winning titles has been –

37-1-0-0-2-9-4-17-17-1-6-3-1 & currently -12.

So most of us true Arsenal fans are used to disappointments – but the thrill of victory is well worth waiting for – I just hope I get to experience it again before my time is up……….

90. Red Arnie says:

Great comments, particularly Raddy, Terry and GN5. 🙂

I would be lieing if I said I didnt care about the Chavs. Of course I do, but only because I would like the Arse to win the League. But it does not matter so much if we do not win this year. We have won the League many times, and will do so again, sooner or later.

We have not won the CL ever, and a club of our stature should win it some time, hopefully some time soon.

91. Red Arnie says:

Eddie. Who is Stewart?

92. chas mobile says:

Shitballs Chavs winning. Must win game tomorrow.

However, I think we will. They’re without Fernandinho, Aguerro and Kompany. I think.

Arnie

I have a plan. Lose tomorrow, and the 2nd XI turn out for Prem games from then onwards. 1st XI, all out assault on the CL

Are you with me? 🙂

Bugger, must go

raddy – clearly it is not just you thinking like that. There is chas, red arnie and GN5

But I not in your camp, far away from it. And not only I want the team to win big, biggest trophies, and not only I will be furious if yet again the club celebrates finishing in top 4 I also strongly resent the fact that you seem to think there is something wrong with wanting to be the best team in this country, in Europe, in the world. Is success a dirty word or something??

8:11 makes perfect sense to me.

98. Red Arnie says:

yes, Micky, but wont happen! 🙂

99. Red Arnie says:

Eddie. When I buy a bottle of wine, I try to find the best value for my money. I dont buy the most expensive bottle, but I look at prices because I think if buyers were rational, prices should be somewhat related to quality. Then I look at wine mags and my own judgment to decide which wine gives me the best value for money

I would be furious if Arsenal did not generate the best value for the money it spends. I am OK with Arsenal finishing second if it provides the best quality-price ratio. 🙂

seriously arnie? we would not get on. I have always lived above my means and only regret being sensible from time to time.

I was lucky I was earning a lot of money and didn’t have to check the price tags; your wise logic is all wasted on me. Peaches tried that too 🙂 Today she actually said she will not name plants because I will go immediately and buy them, regardless of price. I bought one for almost £300 coz she said it was fab 🙂

Trophies please, real, big shiny trophies!!!!

101. VP of OZ says:

My support is simple, if we don’t win today, we will win tomorrow

oh vp, where is the romance in that??

actually VP, I am a little bit alarmed – are you saying you don’t give a shit, win or lose, it doesn’t matter to you

Eddie, Lets get this right.

If Arsenal lose a game I’m deeply upset and I’m in a downer mood for hours afterwards – it always affects me negatively.

But I quickly bounce back and await the next time I can support my team, after playing, coaching, managing and supporting football for over 70 years I fully understand the ups and downs of the game.

Sometimes it can be cruel, sometimes it make me sad/mad, sometimes I feel we were lucky – but most of all I feel very fortunate that I was born on Avenell Road and grew up supporting our Arsenal.

Heres something I threw together 4/5 years back.

…………………………………………………….

An ode by GunnerN5

Avenell Road was my abode
    My future passion just down the road

During WW2 I became a Gooner
    If not for the war it would have been sooner

The sounds from Highbury drew me in
    A life long passion about to begin

Without a penny to my name
    Getting inside became a game

Between my Dad’s legs I would squeeze
    Then under the turnstile on my knees

Or over the wall I would try to jump
    Only to fall down on my rump

Under the clock was where I stood
    Every time that I possibly could

Not a thing could keep me away
    From watching my beloved Arsenal play

I’ve seen good players go, and bad ones arrive
    At times it was all we could do to survive

I’ve seen the best and I’ve seen the worst
    So many times I thought we were cursed

How many times were we on the brink?
    Only to see our chances shrink

Our injuries have become a farce
    And referees are a pain in the arse

After 66 seasons I still gleam
    Every time I watch my team

Nothing could possibly take away
    The amount of pride I feel today

Defy the odds? – we just may
    Given the way the Arsenal play

105. Red Arnie says:

GN5. 🙂

now, that is very romantic GN5 🙂

Arsenal have been a HUGE part of my life Eddie – I never, ever, miss watching a game – nothing is allowed to get in the way.

108. You are an Arsenal legend GN5. An inspiration to fellow Gunners and insomnniacs everywhere.

We all want to win. When we lose I always cry, which meant in the mid seventies I was the main inspiration for the delightful tunes of Leo Sayer.

The only time the Arsenal losing came in handy was when attending a funeral or something bad happpening to someone I pretended to care about. The downside was on the day we lost to Nottingham Forest, ABBA broke up. To this day straight men look at me with suspicion and women who I may have had a chance with want to be my “friend”

Oh yes, the day we bought Glen Helder I knew my days of been known as an insensitive bastard were over.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

109. Aaron says:

If the Arsenal do not beat $h*tty on Sunday without Komp, Aguer, Fern and Gon, then they will not win a thing this year!

But, as GunnerN5 said “Not a thing could keep me away
    From watching my beloved Arsenal play.”

110. VP of OZ says:

Eddie, you cannot get more romantic than Scarlett O Hara, suffering her greatest loss and heartbreak, but she will never give up – “After all… tomorrow is another day!”
    That is how I feel

Oh God, we’ve gone all soft and soppy

Yeah yeah yeah, we all love Arsenal. Some people are more competitive than others, for some Arsenal means different things than it does to others.

People are different. Look at Terry.

This is a good thing.

I guess I straddle all camps.

I’m in the don’t give a shit about results camp, while I’m also in the must win the cl camp before I die, and that means making an effort pretty damn soon

Then, really serious me, is slightly camp Arnie, when he was dribbling on about value, and a bit Erik when he mentioned oil money.

My contribution to that is, are we as a club doing the best we can?

That’s it…..I want smut, sliders and weird pics and appalling behaviour

Mmmm, 4pm KO. Not bad. Could be one hour later.

Interesting so far
    On the pics: bad, good, good, bad
    Can’t see the twitter link, but probably bad

Wow kinda weird and slightly spooky little girl

Chas

Do you get together with Ant for the big away games. If so, does the routine mirror home games in terms of your “warm up”?

Ok, off out for an hours’ log splitting, then back for a leisurely boiled eggs and marmite soldiers. Catch up then. Really looking forward to the game.

No, no escapades for away games.
    To tell the truth, I don’t even watch the whole game generally, just have it on in another room so I can get updates whenever I want.
    I find watching on a screen really frustrating.

west ham v hull was a great game yesterday. Hull hit wood 3 times, 2 excellent shots and lost 1 nil by dodgy penalty. Travesty of justice, poor Hull

micky – I must admit to strongly disliking people that sit on the fence and refuse to take sides, weak character in my opinion. Wenger has proven the fact that you cannot have it both – a healthy bank balance and a cabinet full of trophies. Now micky – which one would you rather have?

it is a bit like entering Ford Fiesta into the F1 hoping for a miracle. Ok, let’s enter Skoda, this year, it is made by VW, could be good.

pep wants Ox in Jan for £25mil, sell sell sell

aha, see, ox knew about it, hence his new found form, lazy bastard

Great stuff from Terry. Loved the bit about being the inspiration for Leo Sayer songs 😀

Good to know there is opposition to my views of AFC and life. Wouldn’t have it any other way (except that you are wrong!)

GN5. Lovely poem.

There is a New Post

124. Thomas says:

Draxler would be a good addition to be honest our left wing not been so productive yeah iwobi and ox scored a couple but if we wanna win the league we need more in my opinion