Arsenal Snap Shot

Right. I had an excellent idea for a post to fill the final void before we resume matters Arsenal football tomorrow.

The cleverest bit saw me deploying my most effective weapon. Delegation. My task would be to quickly join some words together and call them a Post, while Chas would search the worlds’ picture libraries, construct enormously complicated computer techy algorithms and whatnot, then create a vote’ometer for us all to pass the day away merrily pushing buttons. We like that sort of thing..

The idea is a simple one. Think Desert Island Discs. In other words, you’re shoving off to a far away place with no friends and one permitted Arsenal related picture, at which you will gaze adoringly for many solitary days.

Thus, it is vital the Snap Shot you choose, best encapsulates what it is that will transport you to your happiest Arsenal moment.

all

I have just seen Chas’ work, and I’m so pleased he agreed to help. Beyond the call of duty I think you will agree. As part of the duties I delegated to Chas, were a few suggestions, one of which was a full frontal of Ollie. While he chose to ignore this particular suggestion, I’m sure I speak for both us in saying we’d welcome any suggestions that best capture Your Arsenal.

Not sure which I’d choose. Thomas ’89 or The East Stand. Mmmm

Written by MickyDidIt89

70 Responses to Arsenal Snap Shot

If the current team go on to lift big trophies, then that still of Mesut leaving a stranded keeper and two upended defenders on the floor should be added.

I still get a tingle every time I see the East Stand, but I haven’t voted yet. Tony Adams encapsulates the most Arsenalish of all players and therefore option G must be in the running

Oh, and thanks again, Chas.

Brilliant, someone voted for the Marble Halls. I was worried about lobbing that in. Style.

Wow, that was difficult. I voted for G. I had been through an awful year, probably the worst of my life and my support of AFC was a vital relief. That we won the title was huge for me and I was there when TA smacked it home.

I have a signed copy of the pic next to my desk as I write this comment. It reminds me both of my love for AFC and of the loved one who departed that year

Erik

I’m sorry there is a sad note to your comment, however, it highlights perfectly what The Arsenal should stand for. A deep connection and understanding that transcends and compliments life’s highs as well as lows.

It’s what trophy hunters so tragically fail to grasp.

6. chas mobile says:

7. chas mobile says:

My happiest Arsenal moment(s) was probably the 2002 Cup Final in Cardiff. Such a gloriously perfect day.
    Razor’s magnificent clip over Cudicini would be right up there, as would Freddie leaving John Terry in a crumpled heap before executing his superlicious curler into the far corner.

P.s. I voted for bingo wings because it makes me laugh every time I look at it. ☺

8. What a great idea Micky and I really can’t choose, must be cos I’m a girl 😏 Thierry, Denis, Tony Adams, Highbury, Marble Halls all icons of happiness in my world.

The memories that are etched on my heart are atmospheres that I’ve been part of. Beating Liverpool on Good Friday in 2004, coming from behind and willing the team on collectively having gone out of the FA cup and Champs leg in the preceding week. Marvellous, brings a tear thinking about it.

Beating Everton on a cold winters night after the ref allowed an offside Saha goal to stand and Emirates rose as one.

Thierry Henry’s goal on his return against Leeds.

Arshavin scoring against Barcelona.

5-2 v them

Niki B’s hatrick after the dreadful game he had the previous weekend

The whole stadium laughing on the last day of last season as those scummers gifted us 2nd place.

Together with all the pictures available so many amazing memories. Thank you Arsenal

9. There I was on the touch line at the Totts training ground shouting come on Matthieu when a very handsome young man asked me if my son was playing for Arsenal. I told him that I looked after a couple of Tott players one of which was playing

10. He looked surprised, why was I cheering for Debuchy he asked, don’t worry, I said, I’m a Gooner

11. He turned to be Ronny Rosenthal’s son. His mate told me Jenks is looking very good but that Coquelin may play at right back tomorrow.

Anyway Debuchy looked great and opened the scoring for The Arsenal who won 2-0 ha ha he he

12. One to watch Kaylen Hinds, great pace and very strong. The Arsenal youngsters were much better than the Totts, played some remarkable football orchestrated by Gideon Zelalem

What a delight to have the Peach on the blog!
    Especially with such passion and interesting info. 🙂

Good to hear from the touchline!

15. Hi Chas, the best bit about going to the training ground is that I drive a red car which really stands out in their car parks. Today there were other red cars too and it really made me smile.

To be fair, a red Bentley Convertible is going to stand out anywhere. 🙂

Vid of The Boosh’s goal if you’re on FacePalm

I thought Peaches drove a Porsche

Could have used a finish like that in our last home game

Ooo, it still plays when I’ve logged out of FB.

I’ve got a red ford fiesta if that would help. It may be rather old, or very old to be more exact, but red it most definitely is.

Interesting Peaches comment about Coq at right back

22. What do you mean logged out? Facebook knows you’re there even when you’re not lol

The returning officer would like to announce that despite a low turnout, early exit polls reveal a Tony Adams lead with a few hours to polling stations closure

Interesting, but nice, choice

she drives a ford fiesta if you must know. No idea why my granddaughter prefers her motor to mine

Peaches
    In the past, Facebook content wouldn’t allow you to see it unless you were personally logged in.
    If you tried to post a Facebook photo on here, it never used to work.

By the way, I was hoping there was going to be a girly Peaches’ squeal when the goal went in. Most disappointed. 🙂

eddie to crews control – the eagle has landed

Eddie
    A ford fiesta has an awful lot of style, especially compared to a roller 🙂

I cannot decide, it is not fair there is only 1 answer allowed. It has to be G, or maybe F or I. I don’t know, all classics well worth taking to a desert island

micky – no it hasn’t, it’s a shitty car

🙂

32. I do rather like the Fiesta, had three in my youth, one with go faster red and white stripes 😁

33. There goes my image lol

Where we live there is not point in having a precious car as they get scratched to bits forever pulling into thorn hedges to squeeze past other things

no point 🙄

Well, that has exhausted my knowledge of motor cars

little knowledge is a dangerous thing, better to have none 🙂 Still, you drive a Landy, what more do you need to know?? nothing

Micky. I have experienced your driving and can tell you categorically that natural boundaries have nothing to do with the dents and scratches on your vehicles. They are a direct result of your difficulties with the steering wheel.

no need to worry about your image Peaches
    more worrying fact is that you are blogging
    If Rasp starts bloging soon I will know…

Erik
    Nothing wrong with my relationship with me steering wheel. It’s the distractions. Dear God, do I get an earful from passengers and that includes you

Bitterly disappointed that you did not include my favourite memory snapshot.

At Highbury the away dressing room was right besides the main entrance, and their players were hanging out of the windows giving Gooner fans a one finger salute, and cheering the occasional scarf wearing away fan.

I can already see your excuse for not including it in your list, probably because there is no ‘photo of that scene — just ‘cos Chasser cannot find a pic does not mean it wasn’t the best!!

[OK, I cannot remember the team concerned – because I think it was an FA Cup round – but that is no excuse!!] 😀

42. fred1266 says:

You guys see debuchy goal for under 23’s

Good idea for a post, I can’t choose, I like them all, I always had a soft spot for the Adams goal against spuds in the semi at Wembley, if we hadn’t won that it would have meant that they had beaten us in two FA cup semis and we would not have heard the last of it.

I enjoyed reading the stories from Peaches above.

Fred

Look further up and you will see Debuchy’s goal

45. Red Arnie says:

motning all. Great idea for a post, Micky.

ha ha ha ha ha. matchday, I see.

Are Ant n Dec hobbling along to old toilet?

46. Red Arnie says:

marvelous contributions all. especially Peaches 🙂

is Ant legless too? what happened to him
    chas is hoping – of course

12:30 kick off is very inconvenient

Morning all
    Phew, match day, and what a great day this could be.

Normally, Eddie, I’d agree about the KO time, but today I’ve been saved by very heavy rain, so plans cancelled. Day in house.

Like you I dislike the k.o. time. Crap is the word that comes to mind.

50. chas mobile says:

Kick off time will be just perfect when we win. 😊

normally I like an early kick off, but have a polish TV chap coming here at 1pm. If he will start asking questions i’ll go mad.

I don’t want to preempty BR’s finest, but I have to say I am unusually calm. is there a storm to follow?

Looking forward to seeing whether Erik pick up on the Peaches inside info on the Coq at RB

I shall shortly be moving towards the match day breakfast special. Toasted rye bread and marmite soldiers with the eggs boiled

Four hours music practice. A stroll. KO. Followed by some rugger. England Fiji 2:30. Ire NZ 5:30. Probably just watch the latter of those two.

Bloody hell, look at the time. 2 hrs music, more late pm.

Brilliant clip Chas
    Should be shown in the dressing room pre match
    Proper Arsenal spirit

Need a title. Quickly.

4 hours music practice? I don’t believe you 🙂

It’d only be one more than yesterday, so why not? 🙂

59. Fooking Plato from Enfield says:

Which wine would you share with Maureen?

60. chas mobile says:

Yesterday Maureen was bemoaning the fact that he wasn’t respected in the same way Arsene was.
    Someone on twitter commented that this was like Joey Essex complaining that people thought he was less intelligent than Stephen Hawking.

chas. If Jose was paying something extremely expensive.

Oh, I’m being slow – this is your suggestion for a headline!

62. chas mobile says:

63. chas mobile says:

A poor suggestion admittedly. ☺

For some reason I’m feeling a slight dislike for the manyoo manager this morning.

64. chas mobile says:

Fuck Off Mourinho
    was my first thought 😊

Chas
    Although mine was Fuck Off Utd
    Nice and incendiary

Don’t panic Erik, it’s only 9:45 in England. Way over two hours before KO, so does it 🙂

Saw this chap last night. 🙂

No, seriously Erik, do not rush 🙂