No Baked Spuds – A Point Gained or Two Lost?

15th of June – fixtures for the new season released and I scroll down the list looking for the Arsenal v Tottenham game.

6th November, yuk, 5 more months to go, but never mind, it will be worth it. Or will it?

Yep, sad old me was really looking forward to that game. Both teams were in good form, both have strong attacking abilities, mutual hatred going back 103 years and counting, it was going to be a game to remember. We were off to a good start, several chances to score, good tempo, looked promising. But……all the chances were wasted and with each ball going to row Z, I started to think that this could be costly. Fortunately, Spurs gave us an opening own goal and the team perked up a bit.

nld2

A silly mistake from Koscielny cost us a penalty, well executed by the not-exactly-Pierce-Brosnan look alike, Harry Kane. One all and I’m sitting deeper and deeper on the sofa, showing signs of resignation. The penalty was game changing, as it always is, and Spurs attacked with new belief and energy.

nld1

There were no more goals, hardly the goals galore I expected, but all in all, I think it was a good result for us. We played beautifully, technically beating Spuds hands down, but that is not a recipe for success.

I’ve said it time and time again – any team that allows us to play beautiful football will be punished. Any manager worth his salt knows by now that you can get a result against Arsenal by playing a disruptive game – don’t let the Gunners dominate the game and you can match them on their own turf. And that is exactly what Tottenham did yesterday.

The second glaring reason for yesterday’s poor result was, in my opinion, the absence of Santi. He is the player who can deal with the kind of pressure Spurs inflicted; he will cherish and distribute the ball and make sure it stays with us. He was missed, both yesterday, and in the previous 2 games. When is he back?

I am not angry, I am deflated, which is probably worse. We will not win the league, 13 years on the trot. That is really poor from a club that claims to be one of the best in the country.

Player Ratings

Everyone gets a 6 to match my feelings about an average performance.

Maybe Cech a 7, because of that save from Eriksen

nld3

Written by Eddie

196 Responses to No Baked Spuds – A Point Gained or Two Lost?

1. Red Arnie says:

Thank you, Evonne. Very nice and innovative style. 🙂

Fair thoughts. I can find a lot of resonance there. Definitely 2 points lost by my reckoning.

Santi would have been good, but even better the target man in the box, aka everyone’s favourite Frenchman. Alas!

2. Red Arnie says:

So, the tyranny of evil men continues for the moment. Vengeance is delayed, but will come. Soon, I hope.

Thanks for going easy on us, Eddie. 🙂

I was really disappointed yesterday, too, questioning why I bother making such a long round trip for that lacklustre performance.

My perspective is back today, thankfully.

As TA said last night, the Champions League effect seemed in force at the weekend for us, spuds, citeh and Leicester, with the chavs and dippers benefitting from not playing correspondingly.

chas – you being disappointed is a serious concern. I am never happy, so my down mood is a normal state of affairs, but YOU, wow, that is bad.

arnie – can you not call me Evonne, some people may think I am a woman and send me back to the ironing board

5. VP of Oz says:

People prefer black and white views, much easier to understand. But you Eddie are a symphony. Great post.

6. Red Arnie says:

sure, Eddie, I thought everyone here knows its a private joke. 🙂

7. VP of Oz says:

Hey Chas, dont be disappointed, watch this – https://youtu.be/HgZFpwCowW0

Eddie

That train journey back home was partly to blame.

Aside from the delay (30 mins in the end), it must have been about a hundred degrees in that carriage (yes, I know it was nippy out but maybe with a train so full that there were people standing in the gaps between cars, they would know that the just the sheer number of bodies would generate enough heat to mitigate lamping the heating up to full blast).

There was no fresh air, a resultant headache, the free WiFi wasn’t working and every time we came into a station there was a terrible smell of burning brakes.

If we’d won, I’d hardly have noticed. 🙂

9. Red Arnie says:

and if your knee was not rickety as well, Chas. but hey, onwards and upwards. 🙂

happiness is a relative state of mind 🙂

you cannot say it wasn’t self inflicted. Any sane person in your position would do a pretendie and regulate the room temperature as they pleased

11. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha, Eddie, that is classic! 🙂

Cheers, VP – they’ve always been knobbly.

13. Ed says:

Hmmm, knocking Kane for not looking like Brosnan is a bit close to the mark when Ozil is arguably the ugliest man on the planet. Concerns: Koscielny continues to make schoolboy errors; Mustafi is slow; Ozil went missing (obviously); little creativity.

I didn’t think it was a pen yesterday at the ground. This just confirms it.
    Schoolboy error – pssssssht.

If you’re referring to Mustafi not being able to catch Son, then take a look at this.

p.s.
    Ozil’s gorgeous 🙂

Still sulking but thanks Eddie.

18. Ed says:

Chas – why have you loaded a clip of Koscielny committing a schoolboy error by clearly fouling Dembele in the box when he’s going nowhere? Or are you being ironic?

Ed
    We all see what we want to see.

It looks to me as though Koscielny’s foot is heading for the ball, Dembele’s foot (because he is falling forwards) initiates the contact with Koscielny. This is clearly proven as Dembele’s foot is in front of the ball – he’s literally got no idea where the ball is.

Difficult for Clattenberg to pick it up at full speed, but very clear in that clip.

Schoolboy error – pssssssht.

20. Ed says:

Chas – sensible post from you? – pssssssht. Penalties cannot come any clearer than a player fouling someone in the box by kicking the player and not playing the ball. Koscielny is an experienced international and Dembele was going nowhere so all Kos had to do was jocky him and not make any kind of challenge. What did he do? Kicked him on the foot. It is utterly irrelevant that Dembele doesn’t know where the ball is. The fact that Dembele doesn’t know where it is makes it an even more ridiculous piece of defending which is getting worse every time I watch that clip. I’ll tell you want I don’t want to see. Our mistake prone experienced defender fouling players in the box. Schoolboy error – I would not expect my U18s to defend like this. It never helps when ‘fans’ wear rose tinted glasses. No doubt Wenger will discuss this and Kos will be big enough to realise what a terrible mistake it was.

Every time I watch that clip it looks more like the kind of trick Hazard uses by stepping across a player and initiating the contact.
    The difference being that Dembele didn’t intend it as he was already falling forwards.

You want to see incompetence, so that is what you see.

Excellent Eddie, you are excused the ironing board if you keep writing posts like this 🙂

2 points dropped in my book – partly a CL hangover and partly failure to take our chances.

BTW, no one wants to look like that tart Pierce Brosnan, he committed a crime against humanity by attempting to sing in that chickflic Mama Mia 😦

LB – just go and watch the game v Ludogorad’s again 🙂

even I want to look like Pierce Brosnan. He can’t sign, I give you that 🙂

25. Ed says:

It is legal to step across a player. In fact it is what attacking players should do. You commit defenders and either go past them or draw fouls. Dembele didn’t mean to do this legal act. If was already falling is Kos so bad that he still has to kick him in the penalty area which is always a 100% penalty whatever the circumstances. If that was Ozil being kicked on the foot in the penalty area by Wimmer you would have said ‘play on’? Being so biased is absurd. It was a stupid foul right in front of the ref on a player that was going nowhere and gave the ref absolutely no option. It was terrible defending and cost 2 points. What does it achieve by trying to make out it wasn’t a penalty? Sorry, I just don’t get it. Every time I watch that clip I think ‘Kos, what the **** were you thinking?’. Sadly, Kos is always exposed by stronger players. Just look at the way he attempts to ‘tackle’ Dembele and the terrible position he gets himself into. Many training sessions are spent getting yourself into the right position to challenge; knowing how to take a player away from danger; knowing when to jockey and when to challenge. Kos got this hopelessly wrong and defending (no pun intended) him and going into denial will do him no favours whatsoever. It will have been dealt with; he’ll have held his hands up (because players ALWAYS know in private); he’ll be coached.

You can clearly see Koscielny’s ankle buckle as it’s hit from the side by Dembele’s boot.

I win. 🙂

Anyway, now that we’ve conclusively proved that it was never a pen, I’m quite interested in all these other ‘schoolboy errors’ the best centre back in the Premiership continues to make.

Ed – take advice from Eddie. No point arguing with chas, he has memory like an elephant and will bombard you with facts contrary to your opinion 🙂

29. Fooking Plato from Enfield says:

That boy needs therapy

OMG what is that fooking weird vid about??

Thanks Erik and Eddie for two very entertaining posts.

Well, wasn’t I the lucky one. All plans in place to avoid the score and watch MOTD went tits up as I discovered the result in plenty of time, and just as well, as there was no chance of me being awake at 10:30.

I really thought we’d give them a good seeing to. Extra day’s rest and plenty of fresh and fast legs in Theo, Mon, Bell and Iwobi.

Having seen nothing of the game and read all comments, I’ll go for Eddie’s excuse of no Santi. Essential to have something to moan at.

oh no, Didit, don’t read your mail, I just sent you one abusive one 🙂

Eddie
    Would it help if I argued with you?
    Sod it, here we go. We could win the league 🙂

Didn’t bloody realize we’re into yet another international break. Dear Lordy Lord

At least we’ve got Utd to look forward to, and Mesut is getting a break which will hopefully recharge the little sausage muncher

could we feck! We can beat Ludogorads, Sunderland and Reading, but even Spurs at home is a tall order. I am dead serious DidIt, we will be fighting for the fourth spot come May.

This season is the end of us dissing the top 4, watch it!

and yes, it always helps when someone wants to have an argument with me. Sort of makes my day 🙂

Strictly speaking, being only 2 points behind the League leaders after 11 games, it is still mathematically possible for us to win the Prem, but I completely understand the all-consuming hysteria a draw in the North London derby might generate.

sod mathematically, yes I can add up upto 114, but I still cannot see us finishing about mancs, Pool and even chavs or Totts, can you?

Not if we keep drawing our games.

“always helps when someone wants to have an argument with me. Sort of makes my day”

Damn. I agree 🙂

This dog obviously supports The Arsenal.
    That worried expression is the giveaway.

Got to think that Pool and Chavs have the Leicester-like advantage of last season in having no European games.

Still thought we’d thrash Spurs though simply having such a fresh side

Ahhh Chas, the good old days when you could have a midget as a keeper 🙂

is the ejeet with an afro Keown?? please say no

it is inconsistency that is going to cost us, as it has before. Two great games, one bad, one average, and off we go again, not necessarily in that order.

Eddie
    I did see one short brief blast of “Wenger Out” from you, but just the one. I guess we’re on orange light with regards to box storming 🙂

Chas

What aspect of yesterday made you so miserable?

The performance, the result or some utter drip near you?

micky – not yet. I stick to my theory that Wenger wants the CL and somehow is going to win it. No idea how, but stranger things have happened in the CL, so he might very well do it. And then it is party time and all forgiven. And of course feck the 4th spot, we get an automatic qualification

re chas – the train being late I think. And maybe his sore paw

Micky
    The result deffo which also made me think the performance was disappointing. If Giroud had scored with the header at the end, I’d probably have forgotten everything else.

The train being so crap on the way home definitely didn’t help. I left the house at 7am and got back at 6.50pm, that and limping along all day.
    They all contributed.

the internationals could be fun. On Friday San Marino are hosts to Germany.

51. Nice one Eddie.

Definitely one point gained, because this season we will win the league by a point. So in reality, we should all be celebrating.

It’s okay to be disappointed, means you care. You know what the difference to love is Eddie? It’s not hate, it’s indifference. Hate means you harbour feelings were as indifference means you really don’t give a shit

10 years ago I was on one of those Thames boat rides with some bird I was nicely indifferent to. Just as we were going under Tower Bridge, some bloke, who I later learned was an Actor who never got a part and nearly as bad, a Totnumb fan, decided to top himself and jumped into the water,

“Save him Terry, your an ex Greek amphibious commando” she yelled at me. “Can’t do that baby, I’m totally indifferent to him” Of course, at the time if I had known he was an aspiring Totnumb actor who couldn’t even get a part on the Bill, I would have jumped in and sat on him.

She started pleading “But please Terry, you have the training” . “Sorry baby, I lied to you. I can’t even swim. I was the kid st school who flapped around in the shallow end in his underpants”

“Why the hell would you lie about something like that” she screeched? ” Because, Im indifferent to you baby. Now, what about the chances of sex tonight?”

So yes disappointment is fine, but if your indifferent about not beating Totnumb then your a disgrace. Indifference should be saved for People, specially Actors.

could not agree with you more Terry 🙂 I do care about Arsenal but most of all I care about me being happy or unhappy. We win I am happy and it is extremely rare state of mine and therefore more precious. We lose I go out looking for likely victims. I usually find one.

My ex is divorcing me and I couldn’t care less, which infuriates him 🙂

I am so sick and tired of the American muppet show that I am seriously considering cancelling my BT subscription

End of Muppet Show today Eddie 🙂

(or is it the beginning?)

One poll has North Carolina neck and neck

Jeremy Vine will be warming up the Swingometer. Love those graphics.

oh no, not the beginning, I really am so disgusted by it that I will NEVER EVER go to America, I want nothing to do with a country that produced Trump

and my dislike of trump has nothing to do with his comments about women. I actually think he told the truth – if you are rich many women would let you grab their *****. If in any doubt take a trip to ‘Miracles’ – restaurant in Cockfosters attended by footballers. It is always full of young beautiful women parading themselves waiting to be picked up by a rich player.

“If in any doubt take a trip to ‘Miracles’ – restaurant in Cockfosters ”

That would go directly into my top 10 list of All Time AA Quotes

I like the idea that solutions to any questions could be found at Miracles in Cockfosters

Chas
    Saw your reply yesterday.
    I’m not bothering to watch the game, but didn’t Theo come closest with a pinger off the bar?
    Anyway, enough talk of such filth

More magic from Terry….

“This is why before I befriend someone, I make sure I neither like nor dislike them. Either way involves emotion which means you are prone to mistakes when trying to use them.”

oh I see. A lot is going on there, always packed, expensive not very good food, but beauties galore guaranteed.

poor rat.

Terry should go to Miracles 🙂

AA Christmas do. Make the booking. Cockfosters here we come. Dress code: rich

dress code: rich means jeans with holes that are exposing your underwear, hoodie with fur, brand new trainers and expensive watch.

Someone showed me a male holdall bag for men made of from crocodile skin by LV. Guess how much? For a bag, black, shiny, bit vulgar

Got it. I’m going to Miracles as Ollie’s Agent. Potential WAGS may see me as a backdoor way into the French pants

Well Eddie, I hardly think the type we’re after would no the difference between a LV and my ebay Chinese shit copy. I’ll go with two bags, that’ll show ’em

they are not after his pants 🙂

I have to go so here is the price for the holdall – £45,000.

£20,000?
    Someone has to make overpriced rubbish for those with more money than sense to waste their money on.
    How else would they be able to set themselves apart from the scum?

micky 🙂 and what would you do with ‘the type we’re after’ if you pulled??

You are the backdoor entrance to Giroud’s pants?

well done chas, I thought it was £1k 🙂
    The owner of the bag is actually quite clever, just extremely rich, young and happy. He bought his mates a Bentley each. One of the yobs was pulled by police because he didn’t have insurance on the Bentley, couldn’t afford it 🙂

73. Red Arnie says:

motning all. did I hear right? an AA Christmas do? Right. I am in.

can we get some photos, Eddie, so we know how to dress? are bearded grumpy old men allowed? 🙂

Ah, I thought it was half price from TKMaxx

arnie – no.

Fab pics chas. Strange chaps those Victorians – not many women can grow a moustache, must be Greek

Do you think they will allow plimsolls into Miracles?

where am I suppose to sit??

79. Red Arnie says:

Eddie, Good. I’m relieved. 🙂

Is that photo from Cockbusters?

80. Red Arnie says:

This looks very decent. No sign of French pants. So disappointing. 🙂

Must be time for some transfer rumours

82. VP of Oz says:

FYI, every time I get a gloating text from a Liverpool fan saying how they will win the league now they are on top, I reply with a Klopp quote – “If someone thinks being one point ahead after 11 match days is a big sign for the rest of the season, I can’t help this person,” Klopp said.
    I guess the reverse could hold true as well…

VP

Clearly you adopt the more cerebral approach
    I’d respond: bugger off you whinging scouse git
    Equally effective I think

Erik
    Are you suggesting we spend the next 10 days discussing the purchase of Cavani?

Chas @7:54
    Wow, that was a great move and a real cracker from Theo
    Fine margins and all that

85. Red Arnie says:

who was it that killed the blog? myself perhaps? oh dear! 🙂

86. Red Arnie says:

87. Red Arnie says:

Arnie

You are NOT invited to the Christmas Do in Knobfosters because you have a beard

Some scorching hot ladies would believe you to be Ollie’s Dad, and secure a one on one session with the frenchie by bedding his old man by way of getting an intro

90. Red Arnie says:

oh dear, Micky. 🙂

didit – you are no better than Trump.

Arnie

Think of my chances. I’ll be wearing a t-shirt with wording “I’m Ox’s Mum”

At best I’ll be behind a shed with a lezzo. The worst doesn’t bear thinking about

Could be worse Eddie 🙂

I promise to do my bit, and submit a post this week.
    I’ll have to dig very, very deep to find anything worth talking about.

micky – how could it be worse?

how about a post – how much do we really miss Santi? If I wrote it it would have been a tad biased 🙂

Eddie
    “micky – how could it be worse?”
    Being Mrs Ox behind a shed with a geezer springs to mind

Chas
    Love the bloke with banner, and he has a chair to sit there and be proud of his work. Wow, balls if nothing else

I think the players can solve the Poppy dispute with FIFA by stuffing the poppy down their shorts.

But on second thoughts they would think that’s a lot of poppy cock!

100. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha. nice batner. 🙂

cannot be excited enough to stay awake for the drama!

OMG, I can’t believe it, they’ve elected Trump. Insanity, this man doesn’t even believe in global warming!

Clinton’s PR people got her media image all wrong. The powerful, confident brash Trump beats the weak, diminutive clingy Clinton.

God knows where his foreign policies will take us 😦

rasp – i am shocked, this cannot be true. My private pension has already gone down in value by about 8%. The world is scared and rightly so.

Eddie. Thanks to the morons who voted to Brexit my pension has reduced in value by over 20% !

USA? Frightening, very frightening. Expect Global Economic meltdown – something Didit has been predicting for years.

the new president of the USA is now thanking his parents who are looking down on him now. And the Muppet show continues…

Raddy – really?? Between Brexit and now the shares did extremely well, huge increase in a short time. Not anymore.

What does DidIt know? We need Crystal Balls to predict

Well we will see how much damage he can do it in four years, and hope that they get shot of him at the next opportunity. I thought Boris was embarrassing to have as a national representative, but this is far worse

God knows what will happen to American foreign policy 😦

I’m shattered having pulled an election special all nighter. Dotty now has jet lag effects also 🙂

i see his ugly gob and wig, and those 2 fingers in an ‘O’ sign and I wanna punch him. He really brings the worst in me

aha Dotty! I am on apple cider vinegar now. Went to a vet yesterday and did not wag the tail or clip my heels Dotty style. Why is it not working for me?

That smiley face should have been upside down. Tiiiiiired 😦

Actually Eddie, last Saturday Dotty was an hour from death. I was away, and Mrs D reacted quickly and got her to the vet. Timing was critical and she survived one seizure. Back to her best now.

Cavani?

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Vardy. 14 games – no goals.

Not good about Dotty.

Sorry to hear about Dotty.
    Pleased she’s made a good recovery.

Dotty appears 100%, but final blood tests come back today.

Vardy always felt wrong, but I hope we see more of Lucas pretty damn soon, although by that time, Danny will probably be back

oh poor Dotty 😦 My original grandson, pug called Ralphie is in hospital. I went to visit him yesterday, poor little thing is very sick 😦

I told Rasp in a private love letters exchange that those who voted for Trump are the most dangerous animals on this planet – uneducated white males

117. Red Arnie says:

Motning all. Britain showed the way with Brexit, so I think we should really lie low. we have egg on the face as well.

118. Red Arnie says:

wish Dotty a speedy diagnosis and recovery.

Woof Beardy 🙂

Sorry about Ralphie 😦

Oh, and Sanchez! Will he miss Utd game?

Let’s hope not. Calf strain or muscle tear? Both are crap.

122. Red Arnie says:

America has fallen victim to a master of manipulation and misinformation. The rich will get richer and the under privileged will be ignored and it will be next to impossible to have a third party transparently manage his business interests without family involvement or interference.

He was voted in by the non college educated masses who unfortunately will now be ignored. 20 million people will lose their health care without there being any viable alternative.

You may have sussed that I’m not a fan of Trump, it’s a sad day for the American arm of my family.

124. True GN5. So, if a self confessed Groper can become president of the United States, why was I fined £300 and forced to paint some some Iranian mans shed?

On the plus side, after calculating the annual sale of Banjo’s, I put £200 on Trump so am now £900 richer.

Hi Terry, on a morning where I’m still in shock over the US election results you have managed to put a smile on my face.

Hi GN5, the political map shows the educated East coast regions and creative and artistic west coast areas voted for Clinton (= anything but Trump) and middle America favoured Trump …. isn’t that area the vast oasis of ignorance where only 1 in 10 has ever travelled abroad?

Apologies, I know we try not to discuss politics on AA, I hope no-one is offended.

Trump was far more clever and targeted in the way he fought his campaign. She (and her advisers) have to be pretty bloody useless to fail to win an election against someone with as many Achilles Heels as Trump.

One problem was that she descended to his level and chose to make it personal whereas if she’d concentrated on the strength of her policies and his lack of coherent policies, she may have stood apart … instead she looked as grubby as him at times.

There is no way of prettying this up. A man who is “pro-life” yet thinks it is OK to nuke the middle east.

As a socialist hippy this year has been hugely depressing from a political point of view.

I will only be cheered by a victory at Old Trafford

Rasp – we would be offended on a match day or the day after, but in absence of footy we chat shit on your blog 🙂

The only good thing about America is the congress – Trump is unlikely to be allowed to do what Donald wants. But if the republicans have a majority in the congress (do they?) we could be for some tough times.

He said he will create jobs by putting 40% tax on imported goods from china. Right, the stupid Trump supporters are happy coz they are promised jobs. In the meantime they forgot they will pay 40% more for everything that was cheap until now.

Rasp, I have followed US politics for many years and this election I followed very closely and your view that she descended to his level is plain wrong. She continually walked the high road and avoided his foul mouthed attacks, the sound bites you have seen must have been very misleading. I’ve viewed endless hours of speeches by both and his entire campaign was built around insults and misinformation with no known policies, while hers was formed around respect and sound policies.

Clinton won in the states that have the most educated people and Trump won where the rednecks and non college masses reside.

It’s impossible to look as grubby as Trump – he could not respond to a question without descending into insults. In the end his campaign got so annoyed that they banned him from sending tweets and they taught him to read pre – written speech’s from prompters and told him not to ad – lib.

Imagine him in one on one meetings with other world leaders
    when he does not get his way – it will be very scary and puts the free world in a very rough position.

As you can see if you ask me questions on politics it will always prompt a response.

woman who worked for Trump building the state of art building somewhere said that he got angry once and kicked the whole door out of its frames. Nice, level headed gentleman.

Eddie, The republicans now have a greater majority in the house and with a republican president they are now totally unrestricted and can push forward with all of there pro rich trickle down politics, while the middle class shrink and the lower class get ignored.

It’s a tragedy for all average Americans, immigrants, Muslims and the free world – very sad.

Hi GN5, in the sound bites aired in the U.K., she would bang on about why he was unsuited to the presidency. It may not have been the main thrust of her presentation, but it is descending to his level in my eyes. The Americans like a powerful charismatic leader and of the two, that person was Trump. She on the other hand came across as frail and weak and with skeletons in the cupboard of her own. Trump won the war of words and as a result the hearts and minds of the voters. He inspired, she didn’t

Hi Rasp, it was an 18 month long campaign from the primaries through to the presidential election, so it’s not possible in a few lines to dialogue the pro’s and con’s of each campaign, but here are the main high/lowlights of Trumps plan to make “America great again”.

1. Eliminate the Obama inspired health plan – which will mean that 20 million underprivileged Americans will have no affordable health care.
    2. Deport 11/16 million illegal Mexican’s.
    3. Build a wall the entire length of the Mexican border to keep out illegal’s.
    4. He states that he will make Mexico pay for the wall – their leaders have refused.
    5. Rip up the NAFTA trade deal.
    6. Make NATO nations pay (what he calls) their fair share of the cost – if they refuse the US will pull out of NATA.
    7. Not allow any more Muslim type refugee’s enter the US.

For all of the above he only has buy in from the republican party on item 1.

During his campaign he trashed, trivialized and belittled all and anybody that disagreed with him or his wild ranting’s – including leaders of his own party and the current Democratic leadership -while Obama has the highest rating of an incumbent president in a dogs age.

In comparison Clinton was an absolute saint who had to put up with his endless lies about her past and made accusations about her making a fortune out of giving preferential treatment to foreign leaders in turn for donations to the Clinton foundation – all unproven.

I’ll stop as it will turn into Chapter 1 of a book.

It’s a very scary time for half of the US population and world peace.

I agree GN5 ……. so why did so many Americans vote for him?

He’s charismatic (love him or loathe him) and Hilary Clinton is uninspiring

She won in the overall popular vote but lost on electoral votes at the state level.

He got more votes at ( some) individual states by making empty promises to bring back jobs by re- negotiating all of America’s trade deals. Success on that assumes that he is a better negotiator than those that put the initial deals together – very iffy and possibly empty unfounded logic. But states that have been more heavily affected by job losses will grasp at any straw they are offered.

Clinton ( unlike her husband) does not have a charismatic personality but is a very genuine champion of the people and has been for over 30 years – but Trump trash talked her and people believed him.

Oh dear Rasp – I could rattle on and on and…………………….G’night.

rasp – Trump is not charismatic, my coffee table has more charisma than him. I am very glad that even if our paths crossed I am not his type, because if he tried to touch me all his money would not stop me from trying to kill him, i would probably end up in jail.

From what I have heard from Poles living in America is huge mistrust of Clinton. There was her daughter’s wedding allegedly paid by charity money that has gone missing, those emails, selling arms, her career as a layer tinted with question marks – he appears more genuine to some or rather most Americans. They even believe its his own hair!!

“Clinton …… is a very genuine champion of the people”

If you’d put that line first, we’d known you were joking 🙂

The swing voters (unemployed, black, young educated job seekers) either didn’t vote at all or voted against Clinton, the establishment and her elitism. In essence, the two fingers swung the election.

Highly predictable outcome and a common theme worldwide from Arab Springs, Occupy, Black Lives Matter, Brexit etc etc.

ps I would never have voted Trump or Clinton.

I doubt very much anything will change significantly. He has no idea of how to deliver on his promises. Trumping is what he is doing, a lot of noise and no substance.

England /Scotland. Theo and Jack to win it for the men in white or Rooney, Cahill and Henderson to lead England to an embarrassing loss?

perhaps not now, but in his day Wayne was a better footballer than Theo and Jack together. I would swap the two for in form Rooney

Erik

Are Scotland seen as a bigger threat than teams like Iceland? 🙂

When you think about, Scotland used to produce some good footballers, whether yer Dalglish sorts or those with the fighty Caledonian spirit of Souness and Strachan.

146. Red Arnie says:

Chas. what a year, indeed! 🙂

An air plane was about to crash. There were 4 passengers on board, but only 3 parachutes.
    The 1st passenger said, “I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player. The Warriors and my millions of fans need me, and I can’t afford to die.” So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.
    The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump, said, “I am the newly-elected U.S. President, and I am the smartest President in American history, so my people don’t want me to die.” He took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.
    The 3rd passenger, the Pope, said to the 4th passenger, a 10 year old schoolboy, “My son, I am old and don’t have many years left, you have more years ahead so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute.”
    The little boy said, “That’s okay, Your Holiness, there’s a parachute left for you. America ‘s smartest President took my schoolbag.”

Son: Dad, what is a Canadian?

Father, It’s and unarmed American with Health Care.

“The good news is, President Obama was born in America. The bad news is, so was Donald Trump.”

150. Red Arnie says:

151. Red Arnie says:

152. Red Arnie says:

“In a world lurching towards the far right, the acquisition of Granit Xhaka shows that Wenger still loves a lefty.” Tim Stillman, in A Cultured Left Foot. 🙂

153. Red Arnie says:

poor draft, sorry, I meant in Arseblog

154. Red Arnie says:

How does anyone know who long the players will be out for?

I expect both to start at OT, if not they should both have a detention.

11.42 is a fascinating reminder of a difficult year. As the Romans say ” Carpe Diem”

‘After calculating the annual sale of banjos’

I have only just noticed this piece of genius and had to acknowledge it.

Terry, we are not worthy.

Morning all.

Got to say I found the 11:42 a bit morbid. I mean, what kind of person does that? It’s early November, so is he going to spend the next seven weeks on death watch, so he can add to his collage?

Ah ha, so tonight we have England Scotland.

Might be a generational thing, but for me it brings back memories of some top quality drunken oik on oik action only, and it always came across as a good thing. Some fat right wing bald english skinheads against some pissed up undernourished sectarian wife beaters from across the border.

The good thing was, you didn’t care who lost that particular battle, in fact, the more the merrier 🙂

micky – a person that has eff all to do because it must have taken ages

no need to wait, leonard Cohen died yesterday

Hi Eddie
    I honestly didn’t know that when I made my comment.

When I looked at it, it struck me that in some ways the biggest loss on there was Zaha Hadid, as she was still creatively still going strong.

still still urgh more coffee

it has been an awful year, sooner it ends the better. I haven’t had bad years like this one before

how is the mutt?

All good, thanks. Blood tests back yesterday. Blood and kidneys good. One bad enzyme in liver, but to be expected apparently.

so what caused the seizure?
    my grandson’s Ralphy’s results of biopsy are due on Monday, doesn’t look good though 😦

She ate a bucket of seriously toxic stuff from a neighbouring farm.

Interestingly (from a cautionary point of view) more toxic than either the rat poison or slug pellets, was mouldy grain. The mould produces an almost deadly fungal growth. All three were in one bucket!

One hours treatment delay and she would have been dead.

Sorry to hear that Eddie.
    So much sadness to be had from pets as their shorter natural life span dictates loss.

yes micky, I buried so many cats and dogs that I don’t think i will have any more. This trio goes and that’s me done with crying over pets, can’t do it anymore.

Mouldy grain is the same as mouldy bread – black mould is the most toxic stuff on earth. I always keep a couple of slices in the larder

silly Dotty 🙂 how did she manage to do that without anyone catching her?

Because 1. she free ranges and 2. New farmer using those sheds who should never leave shit like that lying around.

“I always keep a couple of slices in the larder”

For ammunition against angry lesbians, or what?

I could do a post if anyone’s around to post it

Won’t be ’till 9ish though

she free ranges 🙂

Farmers. my garden backs to the farm and the smells from chemicals they are using are sickening. My bees did very badly this year and i wonder how is the neighbourning farm effecting them. Night after night they drive tractors spreading hell knows what, stinking chemicals

be careful micky, keep on eye on her

For many years I went to every England v Scotland game at Wembley.

In 1967 they beat us. After the match, Dopey Robert and I ran onto the pitch; I am ashamed to say we dug up about a square foot of turf which was replanted in my garden so that every time we had a kick about we could say it was played on the sacred Wembley turf. Shameful behaviour and I deserved a slap.

I also learned that full whisky bottles left on the terraces are not whisky 😀

So long Leonard.

I went to concerts on his last two tours. The Live in London double album is probably the music most listened to in our household over the last decade. Brilliant stuff.

ha ha ha re the full whisky bottles 🙂

Ooops, sorry, done and sent

^ ¬ ` to you too