Arsenal are Getting Stronger.

A point away to PSG, you’re going to take it all day long, especially when we consider just how many golden chances PSG had to kill the game off; if Giroud had had the chances that Cavani had and missed we would be laying into him like there was not tomorrow. True we could have had a second ourselves when the ball fell kindly to Iwobi and had he converted it we may well have won the game but on balance to win last night would have been very lucky indeed.

We’re getting better slowly but surely, we are obviously not where we want to be yet but it is plain to see that we are moving in the right direction. The encouraging thing is that we all know that there is more to come. It is not as though we are fielding our best eleven and they are playing at the top of their game and we are still gifting the opposition chance after chance. No, the best attack combination has not yet been found neither has the best midfield become clear but I think we all know or certainly hope that this is all doable and will happen. What I am trying to say is that there is a lot more to come from this squad and it is going to be great watching it unfold and develop.

The talking point before the game was the team selection with people questioning quite a few of Wenger’s team selection. As it turned out a lot of it made more sense than many realised and any criticism I make from here I realise I do so with the very useful aid of hindsight.

Ospina’s agility, which could be argued is better than Cech’s, kept us in that game with saves that got better and better as the game went on so much so that towards the end they can only be described as amazing; can’t criticise AW for that choice. The back line is the best we have and all did pretty well once they woke up, got their kit and boots on and took to the field which was shortly after PSG scored.

Mustafi looks as though he has been in that team for about three seasons. If he can be that influential after two games we have got ourselves one heck of a CB.

Coquelin was the right choice; he is so much better at defending than Xhaka but you wait and see what happens on Saturday: Xhaka will start because Hull will be on the back foot and we will need to find a way to break them down, same situation as Watford.

Cazorla? Who else could have played there? It was the right choice. Ozil obviously has to play; Walcott was injured so it made sense to start with Iwobi. Now we come to the problem areas. It is admirable that Wenger is not giving up on Oxlaide-Chamberlain but it is going to get downright infuriating if he continues for too much longer.

Which brings me to the question of Sanchez being or not being a striker? Could you imagine the Barcelona goalkeeper or the Barcelona CBs hoofing highballs up the field for Messi to get his head on? No you can’t. So why on earth do we do this with Sanchez? What is the point? We take a situation in which we have possession and then kick the ball in such a way that then reduces our chances of retaining it to 50-50 at best. The problem is not that Sanchez is not a CF the problem is that so many of the other players are continuing to play as though Giroud is up top. This being the case it is little wonder that we look better for the two or three minutes the FFP comes on before getting sent off for one act of petulance or another.

All that said, Sanchez does seem to be better coming in from the left. Hopefully on the weekend we may get a glimpse of Perez in the middle with Sanchez on the left. I hope so as this in my mind is the Holy Grail of the Arsenal attack.

My perfect team against Watford, Hull etc

—————Cech
Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal
—————Xhaka
———–Cazorla——Ozil
—-Walcott, Perez, Sanchez

And against Chelsea, Man City, etc

—————Cech
Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal
—————Coquelin
———–Ramsey——Ozil
—-Walcott, Perez, Sanchez

LB

128 Responses to Arsenal are Getting Stronger.

Not a particularly easy one to write but at least there is something up there for people to consider. Have a good day, Richmond Park beckons for me and my bike.

Thanks LB
    Beautiful stitched together 🙂
    Watch out for Felton in Richmond Park!

no, no, no micky, you won’t get away with that. I think you owe us at least a paragraph on Cavani

4. onyiz6 says:

that will be a good combination,it will be very awesome attacker

Cheers, LB.
    Thank you for putting in the time and effort and raising such pertinent questions.

LB. Thank you for another enjoyable read.

Yes, I would have taken a point before the game.

What encouraged me was:

1. Wenger. Something changed at half-time and it must have been AW’s tinkering because the players were the same.
    2. Our fitness levels.
    3. Ospina.
    4. Bellerin, Kos and Mustafa.

What concerned me:

1. Our inability to halt the attacking threat of Aurier
    2. The midfield struggling in the first half.
    3. That Cavani found so much space.
    4. Our lack of shots on target.
    5. Ox
    6. Ozil not having the influence I would hope for but fair play to PSG, Ozil was well marshalled.

The home leg will be very exciting

I know that sterling is going down the tubes but 25mill for a tent???

10. rotterdam gunner says:

wenger got it all wrong,we just had a lucky,look we were dead before giroud come in,we need some one to hold the bal so that we can come in to play,wenger is not a tactical ginius,he saw aurier cousing us all night a problem but what did he do?nothing,you think mourinho would do that or guardiola,no i dont think so,the man just dont belong to this new era of football,he too slow man N too old,look we needed powerhouse like sissoko or kante in our MF but he didnt address it again,any way we need a new boss thats for sure with new ideas N i think ronald koeman woud be a good choice for arsenal,or simione.

Thanks LB, like most I am breathing a huge sigh of relief that we got a point out of the game. As others have said, that is 2 games in a row where the gods have smiled upon us.

It will be very interesting to see how we fair against them in the home leg and if we do something to counter the threat from Aurier.

12. TotalArsenal says:

Great match review, LB.

Sanchez will be our main CF for the season, as Wenger does not give up on a plan as quickly as many of the fans do.

This was spot on:

‘The problem is not that Sanchez is not a CF the problem is that so many of the other players are continuing to play as though Giroud is up top.’

It will come good. 🙂

13. JM says:

1. So far this season, AW will start with at least one British player in his first eleven line-up.
    Is that a either a compulsory or his personal preference not to start with an all foreign line-up team every match?

vs Liverpool (Chambers, Holding, Ramsey, Walcott)
    vs Leicester (Holding, The Ox, Walcott)
    vs Watford (Holding, The Ox, Walcott)
    vs Southampton (The Ox, Walcott)
    vs PSG (The Ox)

2. The team was caught napping in the 1st minute of the 1st match in the new Champions League season against a similar tier team in PSG = Not Good.
    It is all well to get the equaliser deep into the 2nd half.
    Both teams must improve their overall team play and chance conversion rate to elevate to the top tier playing level in the Champions League and compete against the usual suspects Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

3. How long is Walcott out with his knee injury and when is Ramsey available (match fit)?
    Hull City this weekend might be too soon for either/both, and then there is that EFL Cup fixture vs Nottingham next midweek (to re-build some match fitness). To complete the round-up for September, a big crash vs Chelsea at home next weekend and followed by a 2nd group round of CL at home to Basel (where Giroud shall be missing).
    October’s fixtures on paper looked manageable; November’s fixtures are disgusting for the team.

Injuries accumulated and fixtures congestion (PL, CL, EFL) till year end will complicate things for the club’s aspiration.

14. akinzo says:

LB, a job well done. I am exceedingly elated to be back on the forum. Thankful to God I have my sight back after it was nearly taken by diabetes. One needs sight to view the beautiful game and read the comments here where Gunners chew the cud together.
    There’s no doubt The Arsenal is a lot stronger this season. I made it a point to read all the previous discussions and I must confessed to be somewhat downhearted that some of the fans won’t even cut new signings some slack. How can it be so hard for some people to comprehend the fact that it’s not everyone that will hit the ground running in a new and perhaps bigger club and environment like Arsenal? In the reckoning of these fans, Lucas Perez is bad business. It’s these same fans who saw Koscielny as one of the worst Arsenal buys but are now singing his praises to the high heavens. Just a match in a new league and so much anger. Yes, there has been so much pessimism flying around but do we really need such? The defence is still culpable of some basic errors but it can only get better as the season wears on. Mustafi is a good defender and so is Holding as he has demonstrated in the few matches he had appeared. Shaky on the long run would prove fantastic but that doesn’t mean he must start every match. Sometimes I find it hard to understand why is it so difficult for a lot of fans to come to terms with the fact that Arsene needs to tinker with the team once in a while. You can’t have the same line up in every game that’s impossible. Coquelin has his limitations but in some games he would be preferred over Xhaka and Elneny. It is a thing or joy having all these players. We are wells stocked in the midfield and in seasons gone past we would have lost yesterday but we didn’t; that didn’t mean we were great but that we were getting better.

15. fred1266 says:

Why do we start all games out so poorly and only want to play after we concede

Thank you for going to the effort of writing a post game LB – yout summation makes a lot of sense.

Here’s a comment from which Chas could create one of his wonderful pictures as yesterday I thought Ospina was the cat’s whiskers.

You are so right LB I can just hear the pundits yaking and see the Red Top headines if it had been Giroud (or any other Arsenal player) missing as many sitters as Cavini. Imagine it if we had purchased him and did the same thing????

Thanks LB. I have read back on some of the recent posts I missed and recognise that you have stepped up to the post plate recently alongside Raddy and GN5.

On paper an away draw against PSG is decent and we were not dreadful the whole game. I do admire your overall optimistic take on us at the moment LB, but in general I have to say that I feel we look pretty poor at the moment. Unfortunately I feel more a sense of concern than optimism.

I think if AW had just walked into this club and it was his debut season, and he was still getting to know players and best formations then I would feel a little calmer about a slow start with little cohesion in the early games.

He hasn’t, however, and this does look a bit deja vu. AW has been slowly building this side for the last few seasons and should already know his best options and formations. We had a squad that was already packed with top players that likely needed 3 top additions that could integrate into an already well functioning team. I find the concept of him not knowing his best team yet disconcerting and does not bode so well for me.

I tend to feel that once again we look under-prepared entering the season, and could easily take ourselves out of the running early on. This is not new, and has happened a few times recently, which is why many fans seem (to others) to be having knee jerk reactions to the summer and early season showing’s.

This lack of cohesion and slightly disjointed performances that don’t match the quality of the players on paper, (or the sum of the parts), has also been a feature of the last few seasons. It should not be that hard to understand why some fans feel that AW no longer has the capability to mould a top squad together into an efficient top attacking team, as he has done in the past, and is past his best.

It could of course all be as you say LB, that we will click soon and hit top gear and we will progress through a very exciting season that sees us in strong contention. This needs to happen fairly quickly though because recently I feel we have ridden our luck. We have used our GOOJF cards and need to start playing like a top team or risk getting left behind.

As an armchair manager, (like Micky), who championed the purchase of Cavani, (like Micky), I feel I ought to comment on his performance last night and its relevance to Giroud’s treatment under the same circumstances.

If I were to imagine what would happen if Ollie had missed those chances like Cavani, I find I don’t have to imagine…I just have to remember Monaco 🙂

Maybe Cavani is now not that top striker anymore, or maybe he was over-estimated and he never was, or maybe he just had an off night but still managed 1 goal.

For the stats lovers I believe he reads as 78 goals in 104 games for Napoli and 54 goals in 99 games for PSG. Not bad immediate stats. At Napoli he hit 25+ league goals in 2 seasons with 29 one season. At PSG he has often been subbed on and off as second fiddle to Ibra and has often been played wide, again to accommodate Ibra.

As such I think the 54 in 99 is not at all bad and I would still take a punt on him flourishing at us. I have always said stats are not always the be all and end all but based on these alone he looks an upgrade on anything we have, even with the misses last night.

19. chas mobile says:

GoonerB
    Yep Cavani had an off day.
    His 54 in 99 is a little misleading (as all stats are haha).
    PSG won the French title by 31 points.
    Lord Bendy would have looked top drawer. 😄

20. chas mobile says:

Spuds at Wembley or Leicester pop their CL cherry?

Bake Off it is. 😬

Lord Bendy is top drawer Chas….bring him back I say 🙂

6.33 Chas 🙂 I think I will adorn my Prince Albert as well. Will you join me Chas 🙂

Fred. 3 up at half-time at Watford was good wasn’t it?

GB. How many times do we see a team in fantastic form in the first 6 games only to fall away.

24. Excellent LB. I congratulate you on your proliferation. This exudes confidence so you should be pulling loads of women. Unfortunately, your obsession with cycling forces women to view you as a “Companion “. I’m sorry about that.

I must say, Cavani is a man to be admired. To miss so many chances yet still arrogantly strut around looking like Bobby from Taxi takes some doing. The mans living a false reality. If Danny Devito ain’t around to laugh in his face, for a small fee, I will gladly do it myself.

I was pleased with our ball retention, but what about the running off the ball? Do you know when football changed? when Alan Ball broke into the Blackpool team. Before him, everyone wanted ball to feet and during matches stood around talking about gardening and the price of a cravat. Stanley Mathews was the Lord of these fag holders, but within a year Ball replaced him for both Blackpool and England. Unfortunately, Mathews erect fag holder got to Ball at half time, hence his squeaky voice, but modern football was born.

Arsene needs to address this weakness. We need to find a more efficient balance between retention and off the ball movement.

One last thing, Olivier Giroud? what a Knob. The ponce was obviously worked up about not starting the match and let his negative emotions affect his performance, eventually leading to Hari Kari. He talks a good substitute performance, saying its expected not to start for a big club like Arsenal, but the more he opens his mouth, the further he reveals his insecurities.

I’ve got my eye on you Giroud.

If we want to know just how good Lord Bendie is and how sadly he has been misunderstood all we have to do is ask him (or his Dad) 🙂 🙂 🙂

all clear and agreed until the team selection for the forthcoming fixtures – why are you sticking Walcott all over the place and chose between Cazorla and Ramsey. Do you know I’d drop Walcott and try Ramsey in his position or have a 4-1-3-2 or simply 4-4-2.

I am probably wrong and Theo will score a hatrick, but unless he does I would never play him at the cost of choosing between Ramsey and Cazorla, makes no sense

27. Harry Redinapp and Hoddle the BT pundits? Harry?, a man on edge. Frightened that he will lose control on telly and let his repressed Tourette’s show him for what he is.

Hoddle? I hope Harry loses control of his Tourette’s.

28. Every time Pochitino is interviewed he mentions “Tottingham Isa a bigg club”? If there so big, why are you managing them then?

Pochitino has potential weight problems. Okay, he may not have the horrible slug like body contours of Gerry Francis, but there the same standard coaches.

29. fred1266 says:

Far enough BR

But once in 3 games not good enough IMO

25 minutes gone Wembley woeful’s 0 Club Brugge 1.

Lovely tell ya mum.

Oops – Monaco up 1-0 on the Woeful’s

They just got even more woeful 2-0 ………………

Oooh, poor spudies, first game at Wembley and all, must be very disheartening.

Akinso @ 12:44

I am delighted that you have had your sight restored. 🙂

Super Post, LB, you are becoming the AA Post Go-to man, and I enjoyed the read. 🙂

Leicester and City winning by 2 goals and wait for this, wait…..Spurs at home losing to Monacco by 2 goals

That is so funny Terry

“Companion” lol

Akinzo. Great too read about your improved health. Long may it continue

Terry is on fire once again. Loved the Bobby from Taxi stuff – I had forgotten all about that series.

You know it’s true LB, the MAMIL look does no-one any favours 😀

Goodness only knows how I explain the reasons why cyclists shave their legs on here.

42. LBG says:

Thanks LB for interesting efforts
    Still no comments from AAs re my belief that Perez should play up front with Giroud.

My team for next few games, and I mean keep some consistency, and build player confidence with SAME team mates:

CECH
    BELLERIN MUSTAFI KOS. MONREAL

XHAKA. ELNENY
    CAZORLA

OZIL
    PEREZ. GIROUD

43. fred1266 says:

Why no one team ever seems to be Coq in it

I think he so much better than elneny

44. LBG says:

Fred
    Coq is a possible replacement for Elneny, but is also an accident waiting to happen esp against biggest teams!

45. LBG says:

Will get my answer in before most of AAs are up to criticise!
    Sanchez would replace either of front two if not a successful set up, and RAmsey would only be selected in my team as replacement for Ozil.
    No TW or Ox, I’m afraid

46. Aaron says:

Elneny over Coq all day- would rather have the ball then be scrambling all over the place to get it back.

I have a shameful admission … it cheered my morning coffee to read that Spurs lost.

LBG. 1.30. If Sanchez needs a rest then that team works for me. Only concern is that there is no width to provide crosses for OG and a lack of pace upfront.

You have to remember article 7 sub clause b in Sanchez’s contract with Arsenal.

Which reads: “If he can breath, he plays”.

50. fatgingergooner says:

Little bit worrying that with the majority of the squad fit and healthy I don’t see a clear plan as to what our first 11 is. Maybe we need to wait for Perez and Mustafi to settle first, but the league doesn’t stand still so we will need to improve if we are to keep picking up points whilst the team gels. On the positive we are getting good results whilst playing poorly, and against a side like PSG that is not easy.

Early indications are that Wenger wants a more mobile striker, but whenever Sanchez moves to the LW we seem to improve! I suppose the answer will come when Perez and Sanchez start together. It’s a similar situation in midfield with Coquelin playing most games at the moment whilst Xhaka sits on the bench and Ramsey sits in the treatment room. Again, I think it’s a case of waiting for Xhaka to settle and come to terms with our style.

The massive positive from all of this is the depth of squad we have. Not sure I’ve seen an Arsenal squad as deep as this one. Even the invincibles had the likes of Pennant playing backup. If we can avoid serious injuries (long way to go) we could be heading into January with players feeling fresh and rested. Surely not!? 😂

51. fatgingergooner says:

Coq if next to Cazorla
    Elneny if next to Xhaka

52. fatgingergooner says:

Neither if Xhaka next to Cazorla! 😂😂😂

Why I like Pochettino:

“Furious Mauricio Pochettino accused his Tottenham players of lacking hunger after their defensive shambles against Monaco and claimed he would have subbed them ALL if he could.”

54. TotalArsenal says:

Poncetino thinks he is the next Maureen but he is not that lucky

FGG. I agree about the difficulty of seeing a plan. Could you name AW’s first choice 11? I can’t. Or the tactics; Xhaka needs runners for his long passes, Santi and Ozil are more close intricate passers requiring more cohesion.

I guess it is a luxury problem

TA – what do you mean?? Pochettino is NOTHING like Mourinho. His team play good football, he works to improve the team rather than spend spend spend. He has integrity and is genuinely a nice fellow. What are you on about??

Raddy – a luxury problem??

your glass is obviously half full. To me it is having lots of players, many playing in the same positions and shifting them about to cover up for the fact that we still don’t have a prolific striker.

D’you know, I would get rid off 3-4 of those luxury players and get one proper striker. Call it glass half empty if you like

58. TotalArsenal says:

Nah Eddie, a good manager at the Spuds is an impossibility, come April they all start to feck up. I bet he grills a nice steak though and cuddles up well next to the four footed companion. 😀

TA. What can I say to that?

Eddie. Definitely glass half empty.

If you have the time watch this

Morning all.

I generally agree with Eddie about the striker, although I would like to see Perez up top with Sanchez to his left as FGG mentions.

I still think it is very worrying that we don’t seem to have a favoured 1st 11 in a favoured system that works. Unfortunately (doomer alert) I feel our problems run a bit deeper even than this.

I am going to carry out the greatest sin now (well on A.A anyway) and state that I don’t think our players are coached to the highest level anymore. It is something I have pondered for a while. Things like how our players seem to lack some basic skills.

Take Ox for instance, a great raw quality but seems to do the hard skillful stuff and then seems unable to do the basic stuff and put a decent ball into the box. I know on here the blame tends to end up on the individual player but I tend to feel it is the coaching that has left them short.

Many of the younger promising players that have been under the clubs tuition for a while seem to lack certain basics. Can we really kep just pointing the finger at them and talk about loaning or selling them? It really wouldn’t surprise me that someone like the Ox could go somewhere else, under a different coach, and suddenly look the real deal.

Other things like our players don’t seem to know how to mix it up in a game to try different ways of causing the opposition problems and break them down (something I personally feel you see in Guardiola’s teams for instance). For instance generally it seems (and opposition teams seem to know this) that Arsenal’s width comes almost solely from our FB’s getting up and becoming wingers, and that the rest of the team (in attack) will mostly attempt to weave through the congested central areas.

Sorry chaps and chapesses, just the way I currently see it, well actually really for the last few seasons. Hope to be proven wrong of course.

LBG

Judging by the timing and content of your comments, you’re either doing all night drinking, or you are somewhere stonkingly hot and have been stroked.

You wonder why there was no round of applause for your dreadful team selection. Here’s a clue.

You paired Perez, who was average against a pathetic Southampton, with Ollie who you described as a “lumbering oil tanker”. At the expensive of Sanchez!!!

Then you selected Xhaka. Well what was the point in that? Arsene can’t stand him. Nothing to do with settling in claptrap as he’s been with us longer than Musti and Perez. I think Arsene views Granit as a specialist player only. Not right for Southampton at home, or PSG away.

No he’s a league cup man and specifically, an impact player for the last 20 minutes, only when we’re one up, only when its raining, and only when we’re playing Rotherham away.

If you want to see Granit start, then bloody well start praying we beat Notts Forest, and then draw Rotherham.

63. TotalArsenal says:

Agreed GB, why doesn’t Wenger hold Ox’s leg with his hands to guide him when he is practicing crosses? 🙂

Aa-men DidIt.

Raddy – I will watch it later, promise

Hey Eddie

I too will watch Erik’s video later and report back.

Warning: I watched the first 20 seconds, and he was talking corporate motivation bollocks. Gets better. I then googled him and his website begins:

“Hi,
    Perhaps you know me as the writer of books as “The World Book of Happiness” or “The World Book of Love”

(Good news. He’s working on The World Book of Hope)

Can’t wait to get back to Erik about this 🙂 🙂

Is Iwobi a No10?

I feel a word word answer coming back
    RUN

Enjoyed the 8.55, BR, ta.

Can’t see why Iwobi can’t be a number 10. I am not sure the he would replace Ozil if injured right now but I can certainly see that happening in the not too distant future.

Can someone explain what a red button is?

Team sheet for Saturday so far.

———————-Undecided

Undecided, Undecided, Undecided, Undecided

——–Undecided, Undecided, Undecided

Undecided, Undecided, Oxlaide-Chamberlain

He is going to keep playing him until he scores

A bit bitchy, but I couldn’t resist

LB – only chas can explain the red button. I guess up north they need to be drawn pictures to explain things

thanks micky, love and happiness, and hope. I won’t waste 17mins watching the vid, better things to do

LB @ 10:50 Both true and very funny 🙂

Eddie
    I too have written two books with one pending
    Would you like to know the titles? 🙂

76. fred1266 says:

Coq over elneny all day for me, I know he gets some stupid booking but I find he defends much better

77. fred1266 says:

BR you mentioned crosses for OG, sometimes I feel like we are the worst crossing team in football

Haha TA…great sarcasm….. you have been in and around Brits far too long.

I would never say anything is definite, especially regarding a man that was at one time considered the best coach out there. Just considerations and thoughts based on a collection of observations.

Similarly I know that statement would be a red rag to a bull on here because Arsene is infallible to many, so anything that is not right must be caused by something else or someone else.

Whether one agrees with it or not the accusation of being a pretty team at times, but far too one dimensional has been a consideration for many seasons now. This could = coaching methods not up to date and modern enough.

As Fred says our crossing looks so consistently poor relative to other top clubs that you have to wonder whether we are just highly unlucky with the players we have or could it again = lack of training on these basics.

I would potentially even throw our injury record into the mix as well. It is often used to excuse us in a poor season and exonerate our manager but is it all just bad luck or could there be a training issue here?

None of it certain TA but just chewing over possibilities.

micky – of course I would, I am already giggling trying to guess the titles

Viola-Playing for Dummies
    The Armchair Purist’s guide to Talking Bollocks
    Edinson Cavani – He’s Not as Shit as He Seems

Surfing With One Good Arm
    Cycling Calamities – My History
    Premiership Games I’ve Fallen Asleep Watching

How to Deal with an Incontinent Passenger on a 6 Hour Road Trip
    The Sea Lion Memoirs
    Fear and Loathing in Dortmund

Drinking Cider With Mother
    In Praise of the Purple Plimsoll
    Cranial Topiary for Devonians

chas 🙂 🙂 you forgot about his 2 pet pigs, this alone would make at least 2 catchy titles 🙂 Look at Cameron and his pork adventures

Whiff Whoof Club’s Secret Ceremonies
    The Cornish Barber
    100 Things You Didn’t Know About the French

Whiff Whoof Club?

very clever dog

yeah, he is a secretary of Whiff Whaff or Whiff Whoof, misses games because of it sometimes

raddy – I watched that clip. No comment

lb – red buttons talk about themselves, the past and problems.

I’m not proud of myself
    It’s been a mixed bag of a life 🙂

I think Iwobi is better than Ramsey because I’ve been thinking about it

Mind you, I reckon there’s more drama in one Eddie week than most get through in a lifetime 🙂

ps that’s a good thing

Found this while I was thinking
    He does have great control as well as vision

92. chas mobile says:

You should be proud, I reckon

Not keen on drama, myself.
    Too stressful for my happy clappy hippy bones.

93. chas mobile says:

I think Iwobi played as no 10 for the stiffs.

Such a shame his talents have been squandered by the poor coaching at the Club.

leave Eddie out of it.

But I tell you something- when I take my Princess to the park all the children always want to play with us, because we are having so much fun. We went to the moon yesterday and stole lots of stars 🙂

oh here we go, a compilation of moments of brilliance of otherwise useless player

That clip of Fenton makes me laugh every time.

97. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers GB,

It’s the way of the world: we either look for and cherish the positives or keep being disturbed by and linger on the negatives. The truth tends to sit somewhere in the middle.

Re Wenger, I rate him highly as a human, a manager and a wise man, but don’t believe he is perfect. What does annoy me in general is the number of Gooners who unashamedly believe that they know more about football management than Wenger. To those I say, allow some doubt and humility into your life.

Re Ox, his time is up and he cannot blame Arsene for sticking with him for a long, long time.

I put the clip up because of the glass half-full comment. You make your own decisions but his schtick works for me perhaps because Dk is top of the happiness ratings.

Fenton. Great to see it again.

I know raddy, thank you. I am just too much of a cynic to buy any commercial schpill like that. I cannot help thinking how happy is that man selling happiness, I bet you he doesn’t do it for free

Anyway, who cares?

ManU playing in Europa cup tonight and tomorrow, why tomorrow, Chavs v Liverpool. Weekend starts early 🙂 and that bloody hot weather is about to change, I fooking hate it

Eddie,

You need a kind hearted and genuine person to come into your life and brighten it up by showing you that most things and people in life are good (even Arsene and the Arsenal)

But to avoid further aggravating yourself you need to keep away from evil spirits like Micky and Chas – they will only make your dogs chase their tails.

oh dear, this is turning into some group therapy 🙂 I don’t want to be cured, I am happy being a doomer, half empty and angry. It suits me fine.

5.49. Is that real or clever photoshop?

I think Thierry is holding Cole and Ljungberg off the floor. 🙂

Ooops, soz, just saw the 5.49.

I think it’s ‘shopped. The caption said tallest cow in the world, 6 foot 2 inch from hooves to withers.

silly chas, thought that on the AA blog anyone would be interested in Thierry Henry 🙂

Manc losing, deliberately.

Could Van Bronkhurst be a future AFC manager? Great result for him tonight.

107. Goodness me, miserable spuds one night and now gutted manure supporters 😃

108. Life has such unexpected pleasures 😃😃😃

109. Know what you mean Eddie. For years I couldn’t work out wether I was happy or unhappy. I tried sleeping with as many people as possible and measuring my responses straight after by taking blood pressure and temperature, but this just meant less sex and an unfair article in the Sun.

I was just about to give up my search by indulging pass times which made me happy but left me feeling empty afterwards, gambling, watching David Hillier etc, when a man gave me the best advice I had ever got. He must have known what he was talking about, he was Chinese.

He told me that the glass was neither half full or half empty. Why would it be half full? That Skol lager was to nice not to be downed. Why half empty? Been a bulbous red nosed alcoholic, I was always going to fill it up.

After paying him £7.99 for quarter shredded duck, I walked home liberated. The following week we were playing Coventry at home and I examined David Hillier closely. It was then I finally realised that David was neither shit or good, he was just David Hillier.

I now run a support group for those who feel all right but are not quite sure, called “David Hillier is David Hillier”. Most people have really benefited from this therapy, sure, there are some who can’t handle it and threaten violence at square passes or have a mad urge to get to Heathrow Airport, but overall it’s been worth it.

Let me know if your interested.

Transplant 🙂 🙂 🙂

Erik
    Can’t see the problem with the pic. One cow, one French midget. Normal in rural france.

113. LBG says:

Have to defend myself!
    Raddy first. I think the width comes from the two full backs! The two so called wide players we have, TW and the Ox rarely take players on, and if they do and try to cross they are shit at it!
    And as for you Micky.!!! I thought this site was famous for not stating as fact pure speculation!!!
    I believe the lumbering oil tanker has shown in the Euros how he can be used most effectively ie with another ( potential goal scorer to play tight off him. I believe Perez could be that player. I think he has more pace than being given credit for ( answering another of Daddy’s worries) and as I said before could be our new fox in the box if played close to Giroud!
    Good job you know AW so well, Micky, that, given he “hates” Xhaka he won’t play him apart from League Cup type games! And certainly after his poor performance against Southampton he must be a dud! Excuse me! Bollix

PS In California and not on the booze or anything else mind bending…..at present.

Superb Terry.

“this just meant less sex and an unfair article in the Sun.” 😀

LBG. Given the quality of the squad you may get your wish.

Morning Erik

LBG
    Please come home. I hate waking up to wild accusations of talking tactical bollocks and shit. I’ll have some coffee and then think harder about your suggestion than Ollie needs a helper 🙂

another plastic fan. 5.5k miles away from Highbury!!

who is that ‘our fox in the box’? Haven’t seen one when I sat in your seat, couple of blind bats but no foxes

I had an absolutely brilliant idea while watching the EU summit.
    They all speak to each other in English
    Theresa May should obtain IP rights for the language and each time it is used in EU meetings – a charge, £2k please for using our language. Or learn the metal grinding spitting German, or unpronounceable French or Dannish, Raddy would never be out of work then.

But it pisses me off when they slag UK off in English! Exclude the Britiish from their meetings conducted in English! That is wrong

I found a lovely pic and have based a post around it. Subject matter is a little off-beat but it remains a post and will be published when I can be bothered 🙂

In about an hour

Brilliant idea Eddie. Those EU translators earn a fortune

8:33 – what is Bellerin wearing? please tell me it is not a onesie and black tights