Kiss My Arsenal

KISS is an acronym. It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid.

There is an awful lot of sense in this, and I often employ it to navigate me through what can appear, at first glance, to be tempestuous waters. We’ve all heard the “it’s not rocket science” term bounded about, but you know what, that’s not difficult either. Think about it. I just did.

Business plan for rocket mission. Raise loot. Employ scientist for the wiring and stuff. Find someone good at bending metal into cylinders and tall pointy cone shapes. Secure take off location free from great crested newts and butterflies. Box of matches.

So. Managing a football team.

Some may say coming second in the League is good news. Not me. I say there is much improvement needed on the back of a treble, let alone coming second. So what’s needed? Well, as always, best to look upwards, and there we find Leicester City. Ok, now what the hell did they do that was ten points better than us, and what can be done?

1. Manager.
  2. Wow, what a job. Now this really is a cushy number. There must be 100 odd paid football managers in England, and I doubt fewer than a handful could string more than a couple words together. If my wife came to me and said “we’re going out to a dinner party and you’re sitting next to a football manager”, I’d be sick, stay at home, and watch Jeremy Kylie. What I’m getting at is Ranieri was pretty rubbish, arrives at Leicester, then wins the League with a bunch of farmers. No tactical genius at work here, that’s for sure.
  3. Footballers.
  4. Arsenal has better footballers than Leicester City, and more of them. Fact. So what happened? Leicester tried harder more often.
  5. Injuries.
  6. They kept their key players fit. We didn’t.

KISS : The Solution

1. Motivation. Get a Leader and only players who have demonstrated fight
  2. Rotate. Unlikely we will win all four comps.
  3. Be ruthless. Cruel to be kind. You cannot keep everyone happy all the time. They need to deal with it and not sulk.
  4. Same as last summer. We need three First XI’ers. Make the money if you have to. Maureen did at Chelsea. Flogged Mata, bought Hazard. Won League.

Finally, remember the rocket analogy. Get one, and remind players where it will go if they don’t pull their weight for the full 90. Don’t forget the matches.

written by MickyDitIt89

237 Responses to Kiss My Arsenal

Morning, and well done Mickish for a cheeky little Post. 🙂

Can we start off by saying that no one should think that not winning, and coming second, which by definition is losing, cannot be good news.

On the other hand we should not blame the club, the manager and the players for disappointing us, we should instead blame ourselves for expecting to much from them.

On the third hand, that is bollix too, as I pays me money and I expect a good time and a title as well, innit.

Of course, the righteous and sensible among us will say do not let the disappointment of coming 2nd cast a cloud over tomorrow’s dream of winning next year’s title.

That’s bollix too. So I have to agree with your suggestion that applying a rocket up the players’ jaxis is the only way forward. 😀

2. TotalArsenal says:

Oh Micky you’re so fine, hey Micky, hey Micky 💥💥💥

Brilliant post Micky, as only you can write them!

All agreed. Was there a double meaning in your last line? Let’s take it match by match and hope for a bit of luck, especially on the injury front, and yes, as always, two or three players.. 😘

the way I see it:

1 Me is a tad dense
    2 you is crazy
    3 both.

Sorry people
    The number format didn’t quite work. Never mind eh.
    My point is that I reckon we can easily improve and come first. Most of the ingredients are in place, and the missing ones are easy to get.

Back to my point about Managing a football team not being very difficult, I’ve just looked up Ranieri’s history

It’s like he’s been on some kind of Grand Tour for the last 20 odd years. Reads like one long holiday to me, with the exception of being based in Fulham for a bit of course

Vigor Lamezia
    Parma
    Juventus
    Roma
    Internazionale
    Monaco
    Greece

Whoa, just read this: “Gunners are to resist offers for Theo Walcott despite West Ham interest”

There goes my Mata for Hazard thinking 😦

7. RC78 says:

KISS:

– Strategic Goals =

1. Win the EPL and Top 4 in Champions League + 1 Cup Win
    2. Financially sustainable enterprise

Once you have this right, you can adjust your organization in terms of management, staff, processes…

Ultimately – we want to win the big trophies without going bankrupt so how hard can it be?

8. RC78 says:

Define your KPI
    Assess your KPI
    Corrective and preventive measures at organizational level

Job done

Brilliant Micky, and I am aware this is a deadly serious analysis of Arsenal’s requirements 🙂

Morning all

Cheers Micky. Keep it simple yes. Get the best formation and play the best players in their best positions to maximise your best formation…..simples.

We probably need 3 additions through the spine of the team. A commanding CB with leadership qualities, a technical DM and a top class striker.

Not adverse to someone from the EPL like Ashley Williams. He is not a long term option maybe but in the here and now he could be ideal for 2-3 seasons. He has no EPL adjustment period and looks a proper leader. He could compliment the more mobile CB’s like Kos and Gabriel and allow time for Chambers to grow into the role.

At DM if Xhaka is coming that probably covers that.

Up top will be tricky this TW. Bayern, Madrid and Barca will all have the nod on us and therefore likely first refusal what being the most successful sides currently. Chav’s, Citeh and Utd will all spend over market value this TW to get what they need. We will have to move fast to get our man and will likely have to pay over the odds to get it done quickly, which we should do this once.

I would probably move quickly for Higuain who should compliment our forward line and knows where the net is.

TA, I noticed with interest your 7.43am on the last post. It does paint an interesting picture. Not sure how to put my thoughts on it but probably using an analogy something along the lines of….a Michelin star chef could put 3 gourmet meals a day in front of someone for 9 months….but if that someone doesn’t eat the food…. 🙂

11. TotalArsenal says:

GB

Are you referring to Ozil? His delicacies have been devoured. But the likes of Theo, Ox, Danny and Alexis have Burgerking stars at best when it comes to serving up the goodies. Luckily, the latter still knows how to put the service delivered to him away… 😉

12. LBG says:

Like your Solution, Micky, and Morata is the key for me to utilise Ozil’s genius. Good right and excellent left, sound in the air and above all seems to believe in his ability – TH like.
    Xhata and Williams will do for me, to make up the three.

13. chas mobile says:

Tres amusant, Micky.

I love the way the planning for your rocket mission ends with lift off. I can foresee a queue of astronauts all the way around Cape Canaveral. 🙂

Perhaps you struck on something when you said that most footie managers can’t string two sentences together. Ranieri not speaking English was to the team’s benefit. Come to think of it – I never understood a word Ferguson was saying either.

One change we could make at The Arsenal is to bring in the services of a soothsayer. You know, sacrifice a few goats and examine the entrails.
    I vote for Kelsey, he has other worldly powers.

There seems to be a contradiction about getting players who fight and then talking about Maureen buying Hazard. Even I could take him on, I reckon.

14. chas mobile says:

Are Morata’s stats better than Giroud’s? 🙂

T.A 🙂 I know we will sing from different hymn sheets on that subject. Makes things interesting though.

Chas, my stats are better than Giroud’s. Maybe I am that elusive striker we have been looking for 🙂

16. TotalArsenal says:

One league goal per every 200 minutes, but he has pretty good assist stats…. One per 200 minutes of league play as well. Is he being asked to play with his backside towards goal, though? 😜

17. TotalArsenal says:

Are the hymn sheets different or are we reading different melodies between the notes, my friend?

Ox misses experience at best and a connection between brain and body at worst – seldom or never assists

Alexis overhits virtually all his key passes and crosses – rarely assist which is no coincidence

Theo thinks he is THE CF so why should he assist – a God gets assisted!

Danny did not play enough to judge properly, but I think he is not a natural assister…

18. RC78 says:

So if we do not have any other assists person than Ozil and I suppose Cazorla when he is not injured, we have a bit of a crisis 😦 Hence the post on FBs…

We do not have enough people that create chances for others except Ozil and he is outstanding…So if you block him, then it is all about our other players trying to create some goals on their own and except Sanchez, no one is good enough for that in our squad…

So here are dillema:

– Add to defensive steel and stability to our squad;
    – Add to creative ability of the squad
    – Add to finishing ability of the squad

I would say we need 5 starters (LB, CB, DM, RW, ST) but if we et three at CB, DM and RW – I am happy. Yes I said RW and not ST…

It’s the weekend

ROLF

TA @ 2.30 🙂 I feel the need to use another food analogy. To me that is like being served up a dish with 4 cuts of high quality fine fillets of meat with an over-boiled brussel sprout in the centre and thinking something is not bringing this all together as a fully complimentary and fine dish….I blame the meat 🙂

22. TotalArsenal says:

Don’t cut your own flesh whilst making up those analogies – and how much better those fine cuts look around that worldly sprout 🙃

23. TotalArsenal says:

Love that 3.29 vid, Micky. If it was from last season, then I was one of them. ⚽️

Ha ha ha GB
    very good 🙂

How many times have we gone above Spurs on the last day of the season?

So good Total

It’s amazing how it will resonate for the whole summer. Imagine how crap Spuds feel. Losing the league to Leicester, then 2nd
    To Arsenal 🙂

I know that a week later I should have moved on, but the thing is, I am very immature

Just Lasagne day before last Sunday, I think Micky.

That Koscielny day at Newcastle, they had to better our result.
    Hence the ‘t’s 1-1 one at Newcastle’ fiasco. 😆

That was superb Chas. Damn, last days of season can be fine things leaving you feeling fizzy for the entire summer

Oh, really!

There I was thinking that a sensible discussion was ensuing, but I figured without Tonee Cottee, aka GonnerB.

Look at this, from 11:25, two little comments inserting Theo into his comment – “Up top will be tricky this TW ( Theo Walcott . Chav’s, Citeh and Utd will all spend over market value this TW Theo Walcott to get what they need.”

He is totally incorrigible!

GoonerB talks bollocks, RA – we all know that.
    I’ve lost count of the times I’ve told him in the FFB. 🙂

Unfortunately it looks like Giroud scores more than Morata, so it shows what the camel wormer knows.

Cheers micky

I don’t like the expression “kiss my arse”. My Butt is so unseemly it looks like Tony Hart has had a pop at creating Morphs dislikeable Brother.

I have come to a revolutionary idea about football. Its all about getting the right balance between scoring goals and not letting them in. Controversial I know, but it may catch on?

The question then is what is the ratio for goals scored to goals against? George Graham one nils are great, and would provide meaningful employment to David Hillier, but what if opens the floodgates to mass immigration of shit midfielders? We may end up with areas of the country over populated with crap number fours slide tackling old aged pensioners and attacking police by shooting over the bar?

We could go the Ossie Ardilas route? But losing 4-5 at home might agitate Kelsey?

I think the answer is to achieve consistent 2-0 victories. 38 two nil wins should do it.

Transplant

Leicester conceded the same as us, and scored just three more, however, they ended up with ten more points.

What that means, I neither know nor care, but Ardiles is most definitely the solution 🙂

32. LBG says:

The gamble is would Morata score more goals being fed by Ozil than Giroud does. I don’t believe it’s much of a gamble, Chas

LBG
    I youtubed Morata (which lets face it, are his very best bits) and he’s hardly Terry Henry
    Also, he scored only 7 goals in 34 appearances for Juve.
    I’d prefer a cheeky bid for Pool’s Origi. £something+£1 🙂

Haha, you are all very funny 🙂

On a serious note the “worldy sprout” needs to be banned by the EU as far as I am concerned. In fact I am going on a mission now to find out where the pesky things originated and lobby the EU for a Europe wide ban. Now can anyone tell me the EU headquarters are so I can write to them?

35. chas mobile says:

LBG
    Morata is a big old lump like Giroud. We need a nippy, 30 goal a season guaranteed striker of the stature of Suarez or Aguero.

You mean like Higuain Chas?

37. chas mobile says:

People are still saying we should have bought Martial as the new Henry for £60m or whatever they paid, but he’s hardly pulling up trees under van Gaal.
    Maybe van Gaal speaks too much English?

38. chas mobile says:

Higuain is anything but nippy, GoonerB. You’d know that if you ever watched him play. 🙂

I agree not blisteringly quick Chas, but he scores goals regularly, has that classic South American instant control and shoot quickly before defences can react, and turns quicker than a ferry which is not something I can say of everyone 🙂

“Stan Kroenke is completely behind myself and the board investing as much money as we want.

“It has to be in respect of a balanced budget, we have resources but the problem is finding players.

“Everybody has money in England and they’re all after good players

(AW yesterday)
    —————————————————————————————————————–

I think I have heard that before.:)Stating the bleeding obvious, or a get out clause if he doesn’t land the chosen target.

Estimated money available 150 million that will go along way in answering some of your post Micky.

41. TotalArsenal says:

There is a space on the right, next to Ollie, for a second Alexis… 😳

Chas mobile
    Has GB gone completely mad? Higuain, as you rightly say, is an oaf.

Martial, on the other hand is good, very good, whereas Van Gaal is not. And, he cost only 🙂 £30M. His price goes up if he wins them the world cup and cl double while scoring hatricks in both ie he’d be worth £500M

Crystals
    My calcs have £90M, but that’s before I’ve sold and I’d raise another £40m 🙂

44. TotalArsenal says:

GB

Sprouts are brilliant, especially those from that capital city of la Belgique..

I promised myself I wasn’t going to do transfer spec.
    Sod that. It’s brilliant 🙂

Mark Twain said a cauliflower was a cabbage with a college education.
    Didn’t mention sprouts though. Lazy.

47. TotalArsenal says:

There is more taste in one sprout than in a whole cauliflower: fact! 😎

48. chas mobile says:

A sprout is a cabbage with GoonerB’s education.

49. chas mobile says:

TA
    Wrong.
    More gas, not taste. 🙂
    Have you tried mackerel pate and raw cauliflower. Wow.

T.A, a space on the right next to Ollie for another Alexis??? What on a plane to Siberia?

Micky, I always thought Cavani originally but I can’t see AW going for him. A 5th consecutive season of Ollie leading the line as 1st choice has left me very desperate.

Right, off out now. Would love to hang around to enjoy your further insults….sorry….banter, but a couple of light ales are calling me.

Smoked mackerel pate. Oh yes

52. chas mobile says:

No offence, GoonerB

I usually go up the pub at this time on a Friday and talk bollix, but I thought I’d come on here instead.

53. TotalArsenal says:

Automaton green beans
    soon ruled the planet.
    Resistance was futile
    we were conditioned to think
    they were good for us.
    If only they had been
    Brussels sprouts

🙊🙊

54. chas mobile says:

Micky
    What goes well with a sprout?.
    Chestnuts?

55. TotalArsenal says:

The chicken, a lowly bird
    In turkey’s shadow
    On the day it should be safe
    It rests on my plate
    Next to Brussels sprouts
    and double baked potatoes
    Baptized with
    Wine!

56. chas mobile says:

TA
    Baptised with wine. Now you’re talking.

57. TotalArsenal says:

GB

Even if we get a super duper CF, he will still compete with Ollie – sleep well 😱

sprouts with smoked bacon crispy bits
    only way to treat the little Belgian fellas

Now now Total
    It would hardly be a competition would it 🙂

Lovely stuff today. Very amusing past Micky – thank you

For lunch today I had smoked veal and scrambled eggs with parsley on rye bread. Tasty (especially as I didn’t pay!)

61. TotalArsenal says:

The area covered by Brussels sprout fields in the UK is the equivalent of 3,240 football pitches…. Brits eat more sprouts than any other European nation….maybe it is because they are already pissed when they start eating them 😳

Sprouts are lovely with turkey and cranberry sauce (as TA says)

I also enjoy them with a very large glass of sauvignon blanc

TA. You are so wise

64. TotalArsenal says:

Hahaha Micky, Higuain was coming until he heard he had to play with his back towards goal… CFs are a selfish lot.. 😗

BTW on a dull football day the Italian press (Gazetta della Sport) are absolutely convinced that Ozil is going to Juventus 😦

I apologize in advance for posting what might turn out to be just media nonsense – but this appears to be the real deal.

………………………………………………………………………….

Granit Xhaka close to completing Arsenal move

By David Ornstein

BBC Sport

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of Borussia Monchengladbach captain Granit Xhaka.

The clubs have reached an agreement on a deal reported to be worth £30m for the Switzerland central midfielder.

Xhaka, 23, has flown to London to finalise personal terms and have a medical, scheduled for this weekend.

His arrival will strengthen a midfield depleted by the departures of Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky and – possibly – Mathieu Flamini.

Xhaka will become Arsenal’s first acquisition in what is expected to be a busy transfer window at the Emirates Stadium.

67. TotalArsenal says:

That sounds delicious Raddy. A glass of Muscadet with it can also be very nice 😜

68. RC78 says:

Xhaka is not a DM by the way, he is more like an El Neny type of player so basically it seems that AW is happy to have 2 CMs sit behind Ozil as ACM…

If Xhaka starts, then who will be along him? El Neny, Ramsey, Cazorla or Wilshere OR will be change formation to a 4-3-1-2?

Then we have space for 2 players along Xhaka…

Ramsey – Xhaka – El Neny
    Ozil
    RECRUIT Sanchez

If we move to a 4-3-1-2, then we need
    – highly capable full backs
    – very mobile FW
    – Ozil to score more

In this set-up, I would get a FW like Sturridge

Good idea RC78 and part exchange him with Wally

70. TotalArsenal says:

Raddy, I hope it is just gossip, but Ozil to Juve sounds possible somehow ☹️

David Ginola had a quadruple heart bypass. 49 yo athlete, shocking

TA – feck off. It ain’t happening, all right?

73. TotalArsenal says:

Of course not, Eddinski, Ozil is a Gunner innit 😌

74. wally says:

I like the thot of Sturridge. Butlike Suarez that will never happen.
    And frankly I’m not smart enough to know who he should get. But he should get whomever he’s identified. Forget the money that’s excuse making for being afraid of getting it wrong. And he’s been afraid of getting it wrong for so long now he’s not enabling the team to succeed. Wiltord and Jeffers scared him off of buying so hes settled for the likes of the barn door and eduardo and chamalk and now giroux. and he hasn’t been able to develop anyone either. So he makes excuses for why he cant buy anyone.
    Stop worrying about developing players and develop the team.
    Time to go big or go home!

75. wally says:

If he doesn’t win this year I think the probability of ozil and sanchez going is strong. And then he/we will be well and truly fared won’t we.

76. RC78 says:

? – 2016
    Cech – 2015
    Sanchez – 2014
    Ozil – 2013

If he goes for one star per yer and improving one line, do you think he should go for the attacking line, midfield line or defense line?

Xhaka is not a super star….

Mkhitaryan from Dortmund scored 11 goals and provided 15 assists from mostly playing as the AMR or FWR position…

PEA from Dortmund scored 25 goals and 5 assists as a FW

Then you also have the two wingers at Bayern: Douglas Costa and Kingsley Coman that have smashed in goals and assists.

And there is always Hulk (17 goals, 16 assists) from Zenith.

Ramsey – Xhaka – El Neny
    Ozil
    Hulk Sanchez
    ————————————–

RC78,

Just to be argumentative – you may have highlighted players who you believe may have a higher scoring potential ……but are they available and is more midfield goals what is needed?

My belief is that we need a top drawer, proven striker.

However -“Only AW knows” – what he perceives are the teams strengths and weaknesses and he will be looking to find players who will provide the improvements that fill the voids.

78. RC78 says:

GN5 – I think we need more goals and assists from all over the pitch to be honest…

Ideally, we do get a proven striker like Lewandowski but getting a proven striker is even less likely for us than getting a proven Forward…

Mkhytarian is available but will be expensive
    Sturridge is a good forward and I think we can tempt him with CL footie
    Hulk will be hard to get as he just said he wants to finish his career at Zenith
    PEA has set his eyes on Real Madrid so unless Benzema leaves Madrid, he will have to pick another destination. He will go to play CL footie so expect him to chose between Arsenal and Paris is he leaves this summer. Otherwise, he will stay at Dortmund.
    Costa and Coman will be tough.

RC78,

Your knowledge of players in other leagues is far superior to mine, but I feel that AW and his team have the best overall knowledge and will use that to their best advantage.

All I know is that it was undoubtably the lack of goals that cost us the championship – but there were obviously other causalites – injuries being among them.

Up early on the w/e chas?

The chances created is interesting. Look at the the gap between AFC and MU. Crap season for MU who despite the fuss about Rashford and Martial scored just 49 goals which is way below our pathetic 65.

chas. Wonderful pics

BR
    Pick up for 50th birthday celebration at York races is at 9.
    Things to do before. 🙂

Arsenal blog. Discuss sprouts and things like that.

I did a executive package trip to York races with West Ham Bob. Terry Mcdermott (Geordie and L’pool) was our on our table.

It ended up a bit hazy but I recall Terry was a very funny man.

Morning Micky,

Mrs R tried to poison me last night with a mash potato, cabbage, sausage in cream sauce combo.

Give me the simple sprout any day

They do look very appetizing

Chas

Pic 6:19. Where? Kinda spooky looking rock formations. Isle Skye’ish but not

Does Mrs Frith eat sprouts? I understand they are very good at keeping the elbows and wrists flexible

I thought it could be Northern Norway or perhaps Canada

NEVER EVER dis. the Frith
    How dare you
    You’ve lived abroad too long and forgotten your manners

Erik
    The Mrs E dish was sounding excellent until we got to the cream sauce

Patagonia?

Ahh, Greenland eh. On bucket list, that gaff

You won’t use it but it would make an interesting post 😉

Why Kroenke wants Arsene Wenger for a few more years
    20th May 2016 – by Myles Palmer

From Dominic Wright :

Hi I’m Stan,

I live in the US and I own a soccer team in little old London, England called Arsenal.

Every year that soccer team makes a profit, and the value of the club gets bigger and bigger, so I become richer and richer

The profit comes from global TV rights, corporate ticket sales, merchandise, and tourists who think that attending a game is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The performance of the team is irrelevant to a certain extent. There is this silly system whereby if Arsenal finish 4th in England, and get to the top 16 of the European competition, then I make a fortune.

To do any better would cost me a fortune, for very little gain, so why take the risk?

The risk to me is that they finish outside the top 4, but luckily for me, all of the other teams are run badly, mainly by egomaniacs who buy and invest as a lifestyle choice rather than pure business. Except for this Daniel Levy guy, who basically would sell his grandmother if someone offered him enough, I am the only real businessman in the league.

So, I’ll just carry on doing this forever, as it’s great for me.

It’s basically perfect. Well, 99% perfect.

One bit of our income comes from what the Brits call “fans”, but these guys are just a strange group of guys who will turn up every week whatever happens out of loyalty.

The issue with these guys is that they occasionally cause a fuss. They shout and scream and throw stuff and they only shop in the club shop once a year.

I have found that if I put the price up enough, then these guys disappear, and I can replace them with new guys who will spend more in the club shop. I can tell they are getting fewer and fewer, as the away match against local rivals Spurs has a smaller and smaller security requirement every year.

However, the crazy thing is that Londoners are richer than most people, so I have a few of these fans still hanging around as they can still afford the prices we charge them.

Basically, whatever we charge them, they will pay, but sooner or later they will disappear as it’s a different experience to what it used to be and not something they really enjoy any more. They like competition, battles, and aggro, whereas soccer is about advertising,

I just have to shake these last few guys who are letting me down. To help me do this, I have this great guy called Arsene Wenger, who I pay £8 Million a year. Now this guy is an absolute legend.

Probably my best employee in any of my businesses, and that’s why I pay him what I do. 10 years ago, and before I owned the team, he created the best soccer team of all time. They call them The Invincibles.

The few fans that can still afford to attend the stadium also think Arsene Wenger is a legend because of that team, but gradually these fans are turning against him and disappearing too.

These last fans now think it is down to Arsene that the team doesn’t win anymore. Funny how they would think that. I own the team, so if we wanted to win, I would buy the best players. I don’t because it will lose me profit, and yet they shout at Arsene, before disappearing forever, which is great as it means we can attract new followers who spend more and make us more profit.

It was actually Arsene who put me on to this strategy. A few years ago we had this player called Gervinho. Lovely lad, but absolutely useless. Headless chicken type. Every week, Arsene would put him in the side, yet the fans shouted at Gervinho for being useless. Arsene picked the player, yet the fans shouted at the player. I mean, he didn’t pick himself, yet somehow it was his fault. Very peculiar, but it gave me an idea.

To get rid of these last few fans, I could do with Arsene hanging around a few more years.

If I were to employ someone new as manager, and he comes 4th, then the fans will work out it’s me who has the lack of ambition. They might even start coming back and shouting at me losing me profits due to a lower match day spend than my target followers. So, I better offer Arsene £10 Million a year for his new contract. After all, what man of his age is going to turn that down?

They call Arsene the greatest spin doctor in English football. They really didn’t see us Yanks coming.

Thanks Arsene, and Arsenal. You have looked after me.

Stan “loadsamoney” Kroenke

Kelsey – you should add to it a paragraph about stupid fans who still use the excuse ‘we cannot compete with the super rich City and Chavs when buying players. If they only knew how much money I have’

97. TotalArsenal says:

Great images Chas. Love the fish perspective of the surfer. Pure beauty. 🐳

Kelsey. I detest Myles Palmer who has stated many times that despite running an Arsenal blog is not an Arsenal fan.

His site (I will not advertise it) is one the worst anti- AW and muck-raking sites on the web.

Interesting? No …. is total and utter bollux 🙂

Excuse the swearing..

I didn’t take you as a Wengerite Raddy 🙂 There is a hell of a lot of truth in that article and forget the author for a moment, he has summed it up pretty well

100. Janman says:

Absolute stupid article from Palmer. Hard to believe that someone would actually re-post such garbage and then try to claim it makes sense!! No hope for some! Looks like Granite from Gladbach is a done deal. Hope you all have a great weekend.

I am not a Wengerite and believe he is not above criticism but I think that whilst he is our manager he deserves our full support.

IMO that article is nonsense e.g the Gervinho stuff.

What worries me is that you tie into this rubbish (no offence – you know I love you 🙂 )

There are two ways of disagreeing with someone, and above is the perfect example.That’s why I love AA.Kisss my Arsenal

103. Give it a rest Kelsey, your just embarrassing yourself again. You have just put your name to an article which says we who go to matches are a bunch of thickos been ripped of by the dastardly duo of Kronke & Wenger.

It’s a big insult to our intelligence and integrity Kelsey, and you should be ashamed of yourself by regurgitateing it.

Why Kroenke wants Arsene Wenger for a few more years
    20th May 2016 – by Myles Palmer.

Myles Palmer is the point that I stopped reading this piece of anti Wenger trash.
    …………………………………………………………………………………..

Why do you find it so important to keep posting negative comments about Wenger – I don’t get it.

We are all intelligent individuals and have had 20 years to develop and form our opinions on Arsene Wenger, do you really think that by posting an article by a known Arsenal hater is going to shift anybodies opinions.

It’s one man’s jaundiced view – nothing more, nothing less.

Morning all……………………

OK,Terry.I get the message, but I had no intention of offending anyone,I think you know me well enough .Apologies.

I want to express my views and have never wavered and I am convinced the club needs to change direction if it wants to be successful and win trophies again.To me there is a lot of truth in the article.

Anyway I didn’t expect someone like you Terry to address me in such a fashion.

Well, that took exactly 6 days for the hilarity of finishing above spuds to wear off.

On the basis that a new signing will revive the goodwill, we are going to need one a week until the start of the new season and then win every game in every competition throughout the season. No pressure Arsene!

I know that I describe myself as a fully paid up, card carrying Wengerite which obviously makes me biased but sometimes I find myself feeling ashamed of some of the spoilt children that claim to be Arsenal supporters.

107. Fair enough Kelsey. Sorry for having a dig at you.

Though I do have this recurring dream that were both on a roller coaster and whilst 100 feet up you start “Terry, the owner of this contraption is Wengers cousin, and it hasn’t been serviced for years. We are both about to plummet to our death Terry. Sorry about that, it’s just the way I see it”

I usually wake up at the point were ime unfastening your safety belt. haha

108. Janman says:

Kelsey. I am not looking for a war of words with you. I do not know you and I certainly do not love you like BR stated 🙂
    I respect that you are a very opinionated individual but you go out of your way to continually take sly digs at Wenger and various players. If I did not know better I could say it appears that you enjoy stirring the pot in order to get a reaction and place yourself in the lime light? As I said once before, you are very much a broken record. Perhaps your comments would be better off posted on LeGrove, they will respect you and treat you like a king over there. Sorry but I simply find the majority of your comments to be offensive and total anti Arsenal! You are of course entitled to your opinion and I am equally entitled to mine. Enjoy the weekend.

I am also firmly in Wengers camp based on his unparalleled achievements at Arsenal. However my eyes are wide open to his shortcomings and I’m fully capable of making my own decisions on where my allegiance lies. I find the level of inane criticism that he has to endure to be totally unpalatable.

It appears the not winning the PL Championship for 12 seasons is an unforgivable failure and of course the cynics have all the answers………………………

Kelsey. I expected the article to get the response it has and considered removing it.

The reason I didn’t was because we are a site which encourages open debate and your opinion is as valid as anyone’s (even when it is so clearly wrong!)

Really hope Palace can win today.

For the record..

League Championship
    AW every 6.6 seasons.
    All others every 9.22 seasons.

FA Cup.
    AW every 3.3 seasons.
    All others every 15.37 seasons.

Doubles.
    AW every 10 seasons.
    All others once in 92 seasons.

Unbeaten seasons.
    AW once.
    All other FA teams – never.

Conclusion – totally unforgivable………we need a better manager.

There seems to be some unpleasantness on the site today. It is NOT OK.

Kelsey is a valued and long-term blogger whose views have been consistent and he is entitled to his opinion (even if it is wrong 🙂 ).

The moderators will not allow AA to descend to insults. There are other sites which cater for that.

Play nice ….

113. JM says:

Agreed, BR @1.50pm.

I neither love nor hate Arsene Wenger; All I understand is that he is still “in” for 1 more season and then he could go either “out” or “up” after that.

Btw, BR, do you still have my post which was written as a comment on 15 April 2016? You may publish it if there is not any new posts coming up. Thanks.

114. JM says:

Granit Xhaka with his family.

Btw, his agent(s) is/are his relatives/family members.

2,44 looks photoshopped.

JM I will look for the post. Can you recall where you sent it?

116. JM says:

BR, an official announcement might be made by Monday night (LES reported). And that he is wearing supposedly the new 2016/2017 home kit.

That post was written as one of my comments to the heading on 15 April and taken out by yourself as a possible future post.

JM. A senior moment 😀 I will look for it

Raddy, Re your 1:50.

Kelsey is a valued and long-term blogger whose views have been consistent and he is entitled to his opinion (even if it is wrong:-) ).

I totally agree with this, however if you set yourself up as a target you should expect incoming………….

These are the players who could be looking for new employment over the summer. Which do you think will stay and which do you think will go?
    Answer in a way that you think they will stay or go not in a way that you want them to stay or go.
    This is not an original idea but so what?

Ospina
    Gibbs
    Debouchy
    Chambers
    Ox
    Sanogo
    Walcott
    Sanchez

Stay.

That’s easy squeezy LB
    I’ll just copy/paste yours 🙂
    Stay
    Stay (although I’d add LOAN)
    Stay

Bugger didn’t mean that at all

GN5, I’ll copy paste your list 🙂

Although I’d get Sz back

Right, Cup Final

Kinda want Lous van Gaal to stay as he’s likeable AND useless, but then again he does manage Utd and they are only unlikeable

125. Oh too complicated to do on my phone but I’ll have a go

126. Dinner calls, enjoy the football all

Hmmmm Palace 1 Manks 0

Ref is having a stinker if you’re a Palace fan

Martial and Rashford would love to play in front of Mesut

And frankly, if they were ambitious, they’d demand CL football 🙂

I’m on pizza making duties at half time
    Any suggestions for toppings? Parma ham? Olives? Anchovies? Marmite?
    No, not sprouts

MD, red and green sweet bell peppers, sausage and pepperoni.

Our dinner tonight is going to be New Zealand lamb chops, small red potatoes and asparagus, simple but delicious.

Evening all. I have to say that the Palace fans sound more like the fans from a European club the way they sing. It doesn’t sound like a classic English atmosphere. Anyone else notice that.

Oh and message to Chas that I was rushing off yesterday and forgot to put a smiley on my last comment yesterday. You could never offend me Chas……..however now I am offended that you thought I might be offended.

Oh sorry……… 🙂

GN
    No pepperoni, but we’ve added spice
    Oscar’s just come out and it is brilliant. Superb thin base, the size of a mid-sized planet

GB
    I think the Utd fans are a bit bored of their style of football, and I don’t blame them

MD,

Do you make your own pizza dough or buy pre made?

Make
    5 mins
    Flour, yeast, water, salt. Mix. Rest an hour or so in bowl
    Whole pizza takes 10 mins

I have never tried I always buy pre made shells, I’ll attempt making it next time around.

yesssss

nooooooo

F…………………………………

What do you mean Oscar has come out?

Palace deserve to win having been Clattenburged

Yes Erik, I can see that line needs work 🙂

145. Well I was almost right but the manks equalised

Ooooooo, could be pens 🙂 🙂

So wrong then Peaches
    By a goal margin of 100% 🙂

Were the cocktails up to scratch?

Seeing as Peaches is in Mykonos something pink would be perfect. A Sex on the Beach?

behave 🙂

Micky. That reads much worse than I intended! 😡

De Gea has been the difference. Hope he goes to Spain ASAP

Hey Erik
    Which chanel is the german cup final on?
    Dortmund Munich
    Lots of Arsenal “links” playing for Dortmund 🙂

Usually German footie is on BT Europe.

Oh F…………………………

156. I can be wrong, I’m not afraid 😉

Can I join you on the beach Peaches. I’m in the dog house here having cocked up the telly programming looking for Erik’s suggestion

woof woof

Wow. MU appoint Me-rinho and sack LVG.

Shit club and now a shit manager. Hope he fails spectacularly

159. JM says:

Man U, Juventus, Bayern, PSG won their respective cups; Barcelona vs Sevilla, Copa del Rey, up next in Spain.

Crystal Palace becomes a prime relegation candidate next season after being losing finalist in this season FA Cup, from recent seasons. (Hull CIty 13/14 – relegated in 14/15; Aston Villa 14/15 – relegated in 15/16)

@BR 4:24 pm
    Please take your time (we have all summer). It is not a most priority if you do not find it.

All round a disappointing day on the football front. All the underdogs lost and all the Billionaire teams won.

Morata, whom we read is our major summer target, scored for Juve . Yet … he came on as an extra-time sub. An extra-time impact sub is not the chap I want to lead the line for The Arsenal, I want the starting CF.

Right, that is enough about football ……

Copenhagen marathon today, entire city closed off to allow those sweating masochists a clear path. Why?

Erik

Agree on Morata. Looks like an inferior Ollie at treble the price.

Also, agree on runners. Roads are for cars.

I would say Hibs were definitely underdogs.Congratulations on winning the Cup for the first time since 1902, the year Marmite was invented.
    Shame about the crowd scenes at the end, brought memories back of the late seventies, though all in all a good end to end game.

The media really don’t have any rules do they.To me failure to get CL football was the final nail in LVG’s coffin but to leak that Mourinho was taking over barely an hour after winning the Cup was shall we say not very tactful.I feel for LVG at this moment.

If in all likelyhood Mourinho is officially announced it will now be the battle of manchester between him and Pep.

Crystals

Of course agree about the media, but that’s the kind of behaviour punters like.

Remember telling Eddie no way would Utd ever employ Maureen due to sponsors and the stink he always leave behind. Be interested to know how Utd fans react

ManU sacked LVG because he underachieved, an FA cup is not good enough for a club like ManU. They appointed Maurinho because he can win them trophies – CL and EPL cups.

What is wrong with that Raddy?
    That is exactly what AFC board should do

Bet Mata is making alternative arrangements

“What is wrong with that”

Maureen is a twat. That’s the problem 🙂

I think though they have no say in the matter,United fans want free flowing exciting football, as we do.They won’t get that from Mourinho and he will last about 2 seasons maybe three.

We will eventually face this problem once AW retires.Not easy.

Kelsey – maybe, but I’d say that 50% of the fans, in any club, have no clue about free flowing football and they only get excited when they bag 3 points game after game, after game. They didn’t get nice football with LvG either.

His only claim to fame was to bring the youngsters through, like Rashford. That’s what he said, but the fact is that their team were to bare bones and there was nobody else he could put on the field. Fluke, that’s all.

Are you feeling alright Eddie 🙂 You responded to me 😉

micky – I hate Maurinho too, but he is one of the most successful managers in the world. Fact. He knows how to win trophies.

Do you want to bet that he will get a major trophy with the Mancs next season?

Or would you prefer to bet that Wenger will not win a major trophy in 2017?

Kelsey – what are you on about? Have I ignored you lately? I am so sorry! But don’t take it personally, I am at war with the whole world at the moment

Eddie

I reckon its goals that get the fans going during a game. As for the free flowing football, that’s increasingly becoming something very rare. I think our football is boring a lot of the time.

More points for goals scored I say

correct! I have never say anyone saying ‘it was a terrific game’ about a goalless fixture. Goals get fans of the seats, including those who only watch match of the day highlights.

So Mr DidIt – shall we have a bet? I bet you £10 that we will not win the League or the CL next season, but Maurinho will. Anybody going to challenge that?

Eddie

Rethink. Utd are not in the CL 🙂

But no, I won’t take the bet. I only bet fish.

ok must go beach

oh no, you are right – they aren’t 🙂 🙂 🙂

The good news is that the Granit deal is close to completion – let’s hope its not the only major signing this summer 🙂

178. Oooh Oooh this time last week Tottenham were still second in the league 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hope you’re all having a fab day 😃

Another (future) Pires for Aesenal

The son of former Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires has signed for the club’s academy system.

Seven-year-old Theo signed for the club on Saturday, with Pires posting a picture of his son on social media.

Pires played 189 Premier League games for Arsenal between 2000 and 2006, scoring 62 goals. During his time at the club he won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups, also part of the side that lost to Barcelona in the Champions League final in 2006. He was substituted after 18 minutes following the sending off of Jens Lehmann. It was his last game for the club.

“That’s it ! Theo signed for the Arsenal Academy!!! Well done son!!!! #proud,” Pires wrote on Instagram. Nothing loves exclamation marks quite as much as an Instagram poster.

Morata has the one thing that we will be missing upfront with Welbeck being out for so long and that is close control, neither Giroud nor Walcott have it so I for one would welcome him with open arms, yes Higuain might score us more goals and if I had a choice I would opt for him but if it was Morata or nothing, give me the Spaniard.

My guess would be that Levandowski will go to city and Chelsea will get Higuain.

181. Aaron says:

manure has just lost the plot. revolving coaching door, horrible to watch, slow movement and, and, and…..well there goes your young player development! goals will dry up-everyone back into the 6 yard box where it is safe….can’t wait to see them implode with the troll leading them as Arsenal move up a place in the grand scheme of things. pep, pup or whatever you wish to call him is one Aguero hamstring pop away from a perennial 3rd place finish. Doubt me, copa is right around the corner…think Sanchez..
    Good time to be an Arsenal fan-Granit coming in, maybe Mane or Kante??

Granit and Mane or Kante?

Really?

Good start to the game from Jack. He looks comfortable in this England team

It was funny when England scored, Wilshere ran to celebrate but realising that they were all spuds he backed off, very funny.

He looks way way off the pace to me.

Plus Wilshere, Ramsey. Ox, Gnabry, Santi, Elneny, Coquelin etc

Agree LB. He started well though 😀

Arsenal’s highest transfer fees

Mesut Ozil Real Madrid £42.5m
    Alexis Sanchez Barcelona £35m
    Jose Antonio Reyes Sevilla £17m
    Andrey Arshavin Zenit £15m
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Southampton £15m
    Danny Welbeck Manchester United £15m
    Sylvain Wiltord Bordeaux £13m

So Granite would be only the 3rd player we’ve signed for over 20million. This according to Sky Sports.

He’s American isn’t he?

Australian?

Haven’t you met Tim, Micky?
    He’s American.
    Chary writes match reports for his site.

No, I’ve decided. Im taking the plunge. Committing. Australian.

Massive decisions this early on a Monday. And you know what, I don’t even know whether Australians have outward opening front doors like Americans

No Chas, you cannot be the one in the middle, full kit on or otherwise. Never. Not even in those seedy little dreams of yours 🙂

Good to see that Tim likes water.

Erik
    And long socks. Just a great look that works

Vardy to miss England game next week as he is getting married. He clearly didn’t expect to be picked 🙂

Great photo of the Arsenal girls

197. rico says:

Hi Raddy – Kelsey has sent the AA Admin an email relating to a book, please could you ignore for the time being.. Thanks Rico

198. JM says:

No.7 Alexis Sanchez (in the new season 16/17 home kit).

199. JM says:

Cazorla, Giroud and Bellerin (with Pires, Henry and Ljungberg)

200. VP of Oz says:

M89 6:54am – doors open inwards in Australia but our water flows the other way when we flush cause we are down under

201. VP of Oz says:

I didnt know Arsenal was interested at all? I just read in our local news –
    The race to sign Australia star Tom Rogic, who has been linked in reports with Arsenal, is intensifying with clubs in Europe and Asia understood to have joined the likes of Reading and Sheffield Wednesday in the battle to land the Celtic playmaker.

202. VP of Oz says:

Is someone having a laugh at us? –
    Tom Rogic could soon call London home with Premier League side Arsenal interested in signing the talented midfielder.

Rogic helped Celtic to its fifth straight Scottish Premier League title last weekend and his rich vein of form has caught the attention of Arsenal as well as clubs in Spain and Italy.

Fairfax Media reports claim the Gunners have sought the 23 year-old’s signature for the past 12 months after he was recommended to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger by Reading boss Brian McDermott.

I love early summer. The world full of green and birdsong, no stressful football, just loads of transfer rumours.

Morata seems tone the hot topic in the media.

🏄

Sun shines so who cares

My mobile LIVES
    IM’m alive

VP
    Thanks for info
    I shall always know that anyone in full kit with an outwards opening door is always American
    This will be useful 😀

208. VP of Oz says:

With the upcoming England vs Australia game, does anyone remember that historic game of 2003 which includes Jeffers only full cap playing for England and scoring on debut?

>Sven-Goran Eriksson’s England experiment failed to find a winning formula as Australia cruised to victory at Upton Park.

>Eriksson’s decision to field two separate sides in each half backfired as Frank Farina’s Socceroos earned a well-deserved win.

>But it was England’s senior line-up that let the coach down with a dismal opening half that saw Australia score through Tony Popovic and Leeds United’s Harry Kewell.

>And it was left to debutants Wayne Rooney – England’s youngest international at 17 years and 111 days – along with Francis Jeffers and Jermaine Jenas to provide the bright spot of the evening.

>The rookie trio combined for the Arsenal striker to pull a goal back on his debut, but Brett Emerton’s late third goal gave Australia another sporting triumph over the old enemy.

The teams were IMO start studded on both sides (probably the best ever Australian side) including my all time favourite Viduka…

>England: James (Robinson 45), Neville (Mills 45), Ferdinand (Brown 45), Campbell (King 45), Ashley Cole (Konchesky 45), Beckham (Hargreaves 45), Lampard (Murphy 45), Scholes (Jenas 45), Dyer (Vassell 45), Beattie (Jeffers 45), Owen (Rooney 45).
    Subs Not Used: Wright, Joe Cole, Upson, Parker, Davis.

>Australia: Schwarzer, Neill, Moore, Popovic (Vidmar 72), Lazaridis, Emerton, Okon (Muscat 87), Skoko (Bresciano 45), Chipperfield (Grella 76), Viduka (Sterjovski 85), Kewell (Aloisi 56).
    Subs Not Used: Kalac, Tiatto.

Booked: Lazaridis.

Attendance: 34,590.

Referee: Manuel Enrique Mejuto Gonzalez (Spain).

ON THIS STORY
    BBC Five Live’s Alan Green
    “Absolutely abysmal”

England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson
    “I didn’t think we played too badly”

Morning All

5.55 Brilliant pic of a man with a number of 4 letter words buzzing through his head

I was thinking the same Raddy

Well????
    Have we signed Granit or what?

And good morning

Morning Didit,

Who knows. It is an odd signing IMO. What has happened to Coquelin?

VP
    Wow, I didn’t know Jeffers got a cap. Hard times 🙂

Morning guys, what research I could do (YouTube clips etc) suggest that Granit would be an excellent signing. He’s a great passer of the ball as well as strong with a great engine. I’m wondering whether AW is considering a change of formation with just 1 HM Elbeny playing more box to box

Erik
    I only briefly googled Granit, and he doesn’t score or assist, but on the positive side, he gets red cards.
    He’s 6′ 1″, and remember he’s costing three times more than Elneny who’s brilliant

Rasp

Or a double pivot as Total would call it (he’s Dutch) 🙂

I just wish we’d get on and announce it, then us tactical gurus could get to work analysing his game, doing formations and making charts and graphs and shit 🙂

Haha Micky, that’s the problem. Football is a simple game, sometimes we over complicate it 🙂

I expect a big name to leave AFC. Probably write a post about it, in fact no probably about it – No, I will commit to writing a post.
    Don’t want to be one of those namby-pamby-maybe-boys

Excellent Raddy, in that case, I too will see if I can come up with something for a few days later on, although the well has run dry lately 🙂

Took this on my mobile telephone yesterday. Just binned the plans to buy a camera

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/IMG_1151.jpg

It was a nice picture 🙂

223. Oooh goodie someone else that doesn’t understand how to put a pic from a mobile on the blog. Anyone around to give a lesson?

I thought my dogs had great life

There is a New Post