Arsenal’s Privileged Position

Hi there,

We’ve just done Easter, and in many parts of the world different faiths, beliefs, religions and stuff like that celebrate the arrival of spring, symbolizing re-birth and new beginnings.

For me, it is a time to review my stance. Cleanse the filth from my life. I bathe. I purify and I put on clean pants. Then I look backwards, and then forwards. Inevitably, this results in change, and I like change. Nothing symbolizes this more than the most underrated of all cerebral manoeuvres. The U-turn.

As usual, thinking makes me ponder Arsenal, and my outlook on things football is a kinda metaphor for my outlook on life. Drastic actions, like U-turns, are simple manoeuvres to execute, so the cautious would urge, urrr, caution I suppose.

Not me. Not when it comes to matters football, because it’s hardly life and death stuff is it? In many ways Arsenal are sitting in a fairly privileged position. Only the starry eyed dreamers and believers in elves and pixies would believe we’re going to win the league, while only end of the worlders would believe we won’t end top four. So, eight games remaining where we can really muck about, experiment and throw caution to where it belongs. In the wind.

Over to you lot. U-turns and change. What could we try to maximize these last few games, and you can include the catering.

MickyDidIt89

50 Responses to Arsenal’s Privileged Position

And yes, going 2-3-5 is an option. Why not? 🙂

2. Iceman says:

For the last eight games…Eneny, Iwobi to start unless injured. Theo to be made head tea boy, Arteta to open up a hair salon, Sanogoals to be the new face of the post office, Ox to have a brain swap with Wrighty – to make him a pacey lunatic, Ramsey, Santi and Alexis to become dog walkers for Dog’s Trust, Jack new poster boy for Great Ormond Street, Bellerin becomes centre of scandal linked to young Spanish lad snatched in dark of night by mystery Frenchman, Ivan in new multi-billion dollar scam in middle east and finally Ozil admitted to hospital on finding that there were no press stories labelling him: lazy, waste of money, behind Delli in skills, miserable, scared, can’t shoot/cross/tackle/sing/dance/bake bread/heal the sick/walk on water…

ha ha ha 🙂

That’s the spirit Iceman

I’m heaving with post ideas today. Just had another, and it’ll be called: “Bollocks to the No10”

5. fatgingergooner says:

New CB pairing to develop (Gab and Kos)
    Iwobi, Elneny and Welbeck to start
    The resurrection of Wilshere (again)
    Gibbs to start at least 50% of games

Finally, Walcott and Giroud to put in transfer requests. They are decent players (Giroud has been very good for us) but it’s time to get great players at Arsenal, espescially in key positions like CF and RW. These 2 cannot take us to the next level. Simple as that.

And I’ll write it for me and Iceman 🙂

Shit
    And FGG 🙂

My first day back at work is not going to plan

Hey, FGG, stick this in your pipe and smoke
    My Barca, no No10, formation

Sanchez………….Danny…………..Joel

………Mesut…………….Iwobi

…………………Egyptian

Mon…….Coq……..Kos Bell

………………Helmet

few more dots between Kos and Bell and its perfect

10. Iceman says:

I cannot wait mickey!

11. fatgingergooner says:

I’m just glad there were dots between Coq, Bell and Helmet!!! 😂

We’ve tried the 2 CM 1 HM before and it didn’t work because Artera was the holder and our wingers didn’t work hard enough. It may work though now we have more athletes in the side and if Elneny proves to be a quality HM.

ROLF FGG 🙂

Micky. I too am a big fan of the U turn, especially mid- paragraph.

I want to see Arteta say goodbye to the Emirates.

I want to see Theo score at the Boleyn (WHU) thereby cementing his transfer to the Hammers.

I want to see Ozil make three assists for a Sanchez hatrick.

And I want 24 points from our remaining games

14. Iceman says:

Raddy – I think your ‘wants’ are reasonable! No, really, I believe we could get 20 points realistically. As for our boy Theo – will the West Ham faithful take to his eloquence?

Theo at the Olympic stadium is a cracking idea. They’ll still have the running track, and for the first 70 mins, he can skip around it, after all, running is his ‘ting

I think I will do a U turn after looking at my balls. 3 wins, 3 loses and 2 draws gives us another tremendous 11 points,surely enough for the forth place trophy 😉

The Arteta,Flamini and Rosicky are out of contract,Ospina wants out,The Ox will move and Walcott will siton the bench with The beano thinking about his 130K he has earned this week.
    Mertesacker has to be replaced as well and Barca will snap back Bellerin quite soon.

The future is bright. 🙂

kelsey. You have the enviable ability to see into the future . It must be a burden 🙂

I think Theo is more likely to read GQ whilst riding the pine.

Crystals

I reckon you could make a strong case that it’s better to be an end of the worlder, than a pixie or an elf. Like Erik over there down in the woods 🙂

Didn’t see the game against the Krauts.
    How did Danny play, and if he was on the pitch at the same time as Kane, where did he play?

Micky, Danny played well from the left. Kind of a wing forward position really. A good option here but I don’t want Arsene getting any ideas about shifting him wide to accommodate a certain other person 🙂

Thanks for the post Micky. I don’t know what to do a U-turn about really. I have to keep hope we will win 8 games and others will mess up so, sorry old chap, but no U-turn for me, I am forging on straight ahead into blissful denial that all is lost this season.

Ooohh, actually I did do a U-turn the other day over Bale after R.A told me his wages and that Madrid wanted to extend his contract. I will try and keep some sense of realism as to who we can get.

Aubemayeng is also unlikely as well (despite the recent rumours) if he wants Madrid. Expect to see him replace Benzema as first choice next year, which may actually free up the latter. Is Benzema really the right one though now? Not for me.

Higuain, Cavani and Ibra are all possibilities. I would still plump for Cavani. His recent reports may not be as flattering having played second fiddle to Ibra but he is still someone who has proved himself at the top end in Europe. Reasonable pace, size and strength. Good technical ability and can operate in the wide channels for the fluid ( I love a bit of fluidity 🙂 ) interchanging front 3.

Cavani and Welbeck as 2 senior strikers with back up from Alexis and Chuba.

He played well and on the left of the front 3 Micky although was continually fouled Emre Can and was given no protection by the ref. I read he has had to train alone subsequently as he took a knock 😦

I thought it was a good England performance. They showed the work rate and energy that the totts and Leicester have had all season and we have lacked until the last couple of performances. I’m afraid I’m with those who now say that Theo is a luxury we can’t afford, every player has to put in a shift.

Evening Lads

GB
    Been away for a few days, and all I really want to hear is your thoughts on a striker who’s best with his back to goal (the goal being the big squarish thing with a net on the back, that most strikers like to kick the ball at)

Rasp
    I’ve always thought that he was a luxury we could afford, but this season my patience has expired. I just get the feeling he’s only prepared to put in the shift you describe, if he’s played through the middle.
    Let’s face it, Joel, Aaron and Iwobi have leap frogged over him, so best spend the wages on someone else.

Micky, and get from the edge of the penalty area to the 6 yard box in under 10 seconds 🙂

without bumping in to anyone 🙂

The language is the same. The minds alike 🙂

I agree Micky, Iwobi is our find of the season

28. RC78 says:

Why not try another set-up? I would like to see a 4-3-1-2 to end this year with:

GK – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Monreal – Ox, Coquelin, El Neny – Ozil – Wellbeck, Sanchez

When Ramsey is back, he comes in for Ox…

I think Walcott, Campbell, Iwobi and Giroud can bring a lot from the bench.

Why a 4-3-1-2 because it will allow Ozil to focus on his attacking game and because it gives him two great targets that offer both great abilities to find space behind the defenders but also link-up play short…then he also has two players that can add options on the wings or middle of the pitch with Ramsey/Ox and El Neny.

I am convinced that this is our best set-up even with Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla coming back.

I agree that in this set-up, Gibbs could be given more starts.

U-turns? With you purists? Nah.
    More like chuffin U-bends.

Cheers, Micky, let’s hope the Everton away performance was the forerunner to an upturn in our form for the run-in.

Villa punishing Remi Garde by not allowing him to be there when they are officially relegated.
    He’ll be so upset.

Try Gibbs as a midfielder alongside Elneny, he is good with the ball and can tackle, becomes avoid utility player and gives us three to choose two from for those games when we need a bit more solidity.

I’d also like to see us try playing an attacking 4 of Ozil, Danny, Iwobi and Alexis til seasons end.

Fine dog a Boxer though as everyone knows the Alsatian is the better driver.

7:06

Get a Black Lab behind the wheel and frame it. Old series II Landrover with soft top. Seriously cool

Old dog – worst drivers

Pugs can’t drive geared vehicles – it is a well known fact.

raddy – they would if it was the only way to get food. Otherwise,they don’t have to 🙂

beautiful day here

Pugs can’t drive geared vehicles ha ha ha

Grey and chilly here. Ideal weather for staying in and watching cricket.

An exciting day ahead

Semifinals? Both? Who?

…if you like cricket.

Eddie
    The other day Erik and Beardy were going on about it, and I tuned in to the last 20 mins of India Pakistan, and it was very exciting

Its called T20, and is a cricket on ‘roids. Proper slogfest

Micky, England, Tarts and Vicars

nope, not convinced. Don’t like cricket.

no wonder England lost yesterday, not one Arsenal player, not even on the bench

Eddie
    So Theo doesn’t count any more 🙂

did he play 🙂 how did he do?

GIE, your 1.32 is spot on regarding Gibbs. Why waste him and not utilise him enough. He can switch between left back and holding midfield and get plenty of games in the season…….and your front 4…fully agree but suffice to say that we should have been playing those types of players all season 🙂

Morning all by the way.

Not too bad Eddie. He didn’t quite manage to affect any key moments in the time he was on but did look to get forward and into dangerous areas, and had an air of danger about him again, that something could happen with him at any moment.

Eddie
    Don’t know and therefore, don’t know

We have a New Post ………………