Arsenal to be helped by International break

(Good) Friday Rant

Who would have thought that the league tables at the end of March would be such a shambles! Third place is not so bad, is it! We would not mind third place so much if the first and second were occupied by the oilers, would we! They are a bunch of absolutely despicable cheaters assembled at great expense by equally vile millionaires. Plus plenty of money to spare to entertain incompetent and bent match officials. Truth be told, the only contribution to humanity these clubs have made is the substantial depletion of black money to fund their over-inflated egos. But no, the oilers are way out of sight of the leaderboard.

One would perhaps not even mind that much if the leaders were the dirty Scousers or the smelly ManUre dumps from the recycling grounds up north. Personally, I have some sympathy for them. In their vain desperation to qualify for Champions League, they have endured starvation to try and buy success. Little did they know that class cannot be bought, it has to be earned. No, they are not the culprits either.

Instead it is the Foxes whose real home is in the jungles, and the slimy green creatures from the swamps down in N17. What foolhardy audacity! A bunch of amateurs cobbled together in the market for cheap seconds and assembled in the curry capital Leicester are threatening to win the League. Just beggars belief! And together, the over-priced collection of ego-centric incompetent bunch of jokers from N17 are pretending to upstage them. Who would have thunk! Just disaster, unmitigated disaster!!

We have been patient all along. Since December, I have been waiting for the Leicester and Spurs bubbles to burst. We have patiently tuned in to every game hoping for ROLF moments only to witness frustration progressively piled upon us. What misfortune! While we toiled away in multiple competitions, notably fighting valiantly against the best teams in the world, the Foxes have cunningly used their lack of European misadventures to string together decent performances in the League. And yes, the Spurs had some European games, but these were only against the young boys from obscure locations that do not even have postcodes. Plain injustice, I say, just a complete shambles!

Rasp compiled a vote this week on what we think of the international friendlies, and I like most others thought they were a complete waste of time. But heh, wait a minute! Surely this is a blessing in disguise! The pretenders from the land of pickle and curry, otherwise called Leicester, have 10 players on international duty, including Vardy and Drinkwater for England and Mahrez for Algeria. Injuries to two of the three will do fine. To be fair, is that not what has consistently happened to the good guys in the past? Spurs have 14 players on international duty. OK, 4 of them are in the Belgian squad, so let us perhaps cut them a bit of a slack. But injuries to two of the others will be nice, particularly Dele Alli and Kane. Mind you, not big injuries, but only smallish niggles that take them out of commission until the Euros will be good.

The international break has come at a good time, I would say. Some break in rhythm and little niggles for Leicester and Tottenham will work just fine. Three cheers for the International Break! What do you think, AAers?

Red Arnie

115 Responses to Arsenal to be helped by International break

1. This will be good for arsenal when opposition go for international games.

I’ve given up on the title, so I don’t care if spuds or Leicester win it.

Raddy – correct. I wasn’t born in North London. I actually think that spuds are playing better football then Leicester and deserve it more. We can live with them having one title in 54 years

3. Shard says:

Haha. Love the rant. Cunning foxes, N17 jokers, oiler clubs.. No one escapes the scattergun approach.

However, I am having even more fun imagining the rant that some people who shout Wenger out will be on at this moment now that their patron in waiting, Usmanov has come out and said Arsenal need Wenger.

4. Cheers Arnie

Happy Good Friday everyone. Greek Good Friday is actually on the 29th of April. Funny how Jesus rises twice?

When you say ‘misfortune fall on some Totnumb’ Arnie, how much license do you give me?, and why the word ‘some’, what happened to ‘all’?

I live in a perpetual state of wishing ill to Totnumb Arnie. And I enjoy it. You see Arnie, I have found that my sadistic thoughts and dreams concerning Totnumb act as a form of sweet narcotic, taking me to places that no magic mushroom can touch.

I once had a day dream whilst on the 134 bus that I was stuck on a desert island with Steve Sedgley. At first we got on fine, eating all the other Totnumb players that perished in the crash, we dined on Graham Roberts for weeks, and drinking our own urine.

Then suddenly Sedgley got all Lord of the Flies on me. Throwing accusations that I was hiding a coconut and had used all the eucalyptus leaves in the bog. He started talking gibberish, saying that I was a selfish bastard who never passed the ball and started calling me Glen.

It was him or me Arnie. I had devised a plan were I would lure him into an area were I had concealed a hole and had built a net from a flattened out Steve Archibald.

I had to entice him out. Yelling obscenities and shouting that the only reason I didn’t pass to him was because he was shit, and besides, ime Glen, and Glen only passes to himself.

Nothing worked, I was exhausted and now hungry. Ardilas was hardly worth cooking. In one final attempt I started shouting “Sedgley, I’ve just found Clive Allen, and he’s put on weight”

It worked, Sedgley came running and fell straight into the Archibald net. “Glen, what’s going on? Where’s Allen?”

“There’s no Allen, Sedgley , with his shape I’ve secretly been keeping him behind as an inflatable life raft. I will give you some water though.”

It’s at this stage that ime stood up with a transfixed stare undoing my flies as ime escorted off the bus by an angry driver and passengers.

5. VCC says:

Terry….you is a crank pot……..πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„…..

Great post Arnie. Thank you.

6. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. Thanks everyone. And Terry, what can one say! πŸ™‚

The post is a bit of a surprise. I thought it was perhaps a bit too flippant! πŸ™‚

I note that over half of voters so far would like niggles to the Spuds and/or Foxes. ha ha ha, πŸ™‚

7. chas mobile says:

Brilliant poll, Arnie. πŸ™‚

I’ve read the choices 10 times and still want to vote for all of them. πŸ˜†

8. chas mobile says:

Where the chuff is “I’m undecided”? πŸ™‚

9. Ant says:

Eddie, wash your mouth out with soap, young lady!

11. Red Arnie says:

Nice one, Chas. πŸ™‚

ant – 4 spuds in the English team. Will you support them?

blue staffie in bed πŸ™‚ animals should not be allowed to sleep in beds

Fatty looks quite slim in that photo.
    Was it from a while back, before the lard went on?

feck off!! he is not fat, he is a hunk
    and happy Easter to you πŸ™‚

Likewise πŸ™‚

oh yeah, Mezut. Are you English crew going to hate him tonight?

Tonight I’ll be supporting Mesut and Danny.

me too πŸ™‚ in the old days there was no such thing as a friendly game against the Germans.Times have changed, I expect a boring encounter

23. Red Arnie says:

motning all. Happy Easter

24. Ant says:

I never support spud players.

but when they are playing for the country, their team is England, not Spurs. You is silly Ant

Morning all. Thanks for the post Arnie. Normally I have a degree of pride if we have a decent Arsenal contingent representing England but at this stage of the season I am happy for it to all be Spurs and Leicester off on international duty.

If no Spuds get injured then Terry can eat them πŸ™‚

I hate it that we have resorted to wishing for these injuries to help us win the league. We really shouldn’t be having to worry about it, and it would have been much nicer if our current points tally reflected the quality of our squad and we were walking this league playing good football. Never mind, injuries to Kane and Delli Alli it is then.

Seems Hodgson still thinks of Wilshere as a holding midfielder by comparing him to Dier and drinkwater. Bad idea Woy. Saw some interesting comments on here about Goetze yesterday and if he could fit in to our squad. Not sure we need him myself but will touch back on that later.

27. TotalArsenal says:

Alexis – Giroud – Gotze
    ———- Das Ozil ———-

The final move in the grand plan?! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

28. Red Arnie says:

I’m with Ant. πŸ™‚

GoonerB. Nice take. πŸ™‚ We always wish ill of our competitors. πŸ™‚ Most years, Foxes and Spuds are not competitors, so we do not care about them. However, this year ,,,,, πŸ˜›

30. TotalArsenal says:

Yeah but Benzema is a proper CF inni? 😜

31. Ant says:

not enough teeth showing πŸ™‚

33. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Nice idea for a post Arnie, win our game in hand and we are 3 points behind Spudders, so if they’ve still got a chance so have we.

I think the fixture list is now the key as to when and if teams might suffer their blips.

Our max points is 79, to win the league we need Leicester to get 12points from 7 games and Spuds to get no more than 17 from there 7. Leicester to drop 9 points is not unthinkable, will Spuds drop 4, again not unthinkable but can we win 8? Well there’s been nothing to suggest we could put that kind of run together yet, so for the meantime all we can do is one game at a time, and hope some others do us a favour.

the more the man laughs the more the Frenchie shows off πŸ™‚ Frenchies and pugs love entertaining πŸ™‚ Good pupps are about Β£2500 though 😦

35. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. That felt good! πŸ™‚

nope, no idea what’s the connection between the photos. tell me

oh no, I hear it was a good game and England won in style. How was Mezut?

39. fatgingergooner says:

Germany weren’t great and haven’t looked the same since winning the WC. They’ve had some poor results in the last 12 months. England played well going forward, but we still managed to be 2-0 down and they had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside, so could’ve been 3-0 down. Also, we scored all our goals when Germany’s CB’s were Rudiger and Tah. Not exactly the same as Hummels and Boateng! However, we were very good in attack and got in some really good positions. It was good to see the pressing game working aswell. I think with Dier now in the side we won’t have to watch Wilshere playing HM again, if he ever gets fit that is!

40. TotalArsenal says:

Chas, great images! The 6.46 especially. πŸ™ƒ

wilshere? blast from the past. I forgot he is our player.

Mind you, I am getting old and confused. I watched highlights of last night’s game and thought it strange, that Lewandowski didn’t score for Germany πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

42. TotalArsenal says:

Hahahaha Eddie πŸ™ƒ

ha ha ha nothing! you will get there too young man

44. TotalArsenal says:

You reckon, Evonski?

You could well be right as I struggle to remember any bad Arsenal games 😜

45. Red Arnie says:

so true, Total? When was the last bad Arsenal game? Must be previous century! πŸ˜›

Evonne. πŸ™‚

Nice pics, Chas. πŸ™‚

46. Red Arnie says:

why is it that Scottish univs do not have holidays in Easter? Traditionally. This year, our univ was announced closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. I think this is because of cost-cutting. Back office is running, though.

47. Shard says:

Cricket isn’t normally my thing, but that was an amazing performance by Kohli, and great support from Dhoni. Pulled out the win from what seemed an impossible situation.

48. Red Arnie says:

Shard. πŸ™‚ even if the game and the result is bent, that surely was some batting! πŸ™‚

49. fatgingergooner says:

Got to feel for Jack Butland. He’s been outstanding this season. Turns out he’s fractured his ankle and is out for 3 months. Future England number 1 though.

50. Red Arnie says:

agree, FGG.

Shard. Kohli was of course superb, But, IMO, the second most important contribution yesterday was Yuvi, despite the injury.

51. Shard says:

Oh hello Arnie. Seems like we’re the only ones here now πŸ™‚

I disagree. I thought he got lucky with that full toss which he dispatched for 6, and that boosted his figures, but I thought he was piling on the pressure on Kohli, and should have gone off retired if he couldn’t run it off. Dhoni coming on made a huge difference to the momentum, not least because they could run 2s instead of singles, rather than the other way round πŸ˜›

52. Shard says:

Yuvraj also has history of throwing away a match occupying the crease for too long trying to make something happen, with nothing happening.

In that regard, I thought Shane Watson, who bowled excellently, did us a favour by taking that superb catch to dismiss Yuvraj πŸ˜›

53. Red Arnie says:

Shard. T20 is a game of instant gratification. Surely, it is all luck and no history. πŸ˜›

What is that misjudged flight shot turned out to be a catch in teh deep! πŸ˜›

I think India would still have come through. There was something left in store.

Plus, if the markets need a result, BCCI will provide it. What were the bets like until about 15 overs into the Aus innings? πŸ˜›

But it might have taken something more surreal like the last over against Bangladesh.

54. Red Arnie says:

Shard. despite all that. one can and should still admire and celebrate the skills. IMO. πŸ™‚

55. Shard says:

Arnie

I don’t follow cricket closely enough to know about any fix. I think it’s harder, or rather riskier, to do in cricket because you’d have to reach out directly to the players, whereas in football, the referee’s influence over games is much higher, and one decision can have a major impact on the result. And the ref himself doesn’t need to be on the take. Just ‘learn’ how to apply the laws of the game.

The Aussies bowled a poor line to Kohli at the end. Was that because he put them under pressure, or because of something else?

I’m happy to say that since I don’t know enough, I just admired and celebrated the game πŸ™‚

56. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha, Chas. πŸ™‚ I happily lap in every conspiracy theory. and even happy to propagate a few. πŸ™‚

BTW, any idea who is Stuart McIntyre? same as the Tory young gun?

Apparently we’ve just signed this 16 year old midfield ‘prodigy’ from the chavs?

58. kevin says:

I’m withdrawing my support for Arsenal until that wanker Wenger fucks off.

kevin – which team are you going to support in the meantime?

60. Red Arnie says:

YAWNKERS UNITED. πŸ˜›

I will hold a candlelight vigil for your return Kevin.

62. Red Arnie says:

Rasp. a bit sad. the English youngsters showed some promise, I thought,

Kevin’s cat

5:16 am!!! New regime? πŸ™‚

Sounds like we won’t be hearing from Kevin for a few years πŸ™‚

What I like about the camel towing the roller pic, is the Severn Bridginess of it. I mean, ok maybe some of the grass may need a roll, but after a camel’s been on it, it will all need a roll. They’d be going forever.

Absolutely marvellous news. Look what I found on my news catch up, and it is definitely Fact πŸ™‚

“Arsenal are willing to pay the Β£63.2million asking price for Borussia Dortmund striker Patrick Pierre Aubameyang, according to reports from France”

Superb. So so happy. Ollie no longer Plan B πŸ™‚

Ooo, Ooo, AND…. according to Piers Morgan, Arsene is signing a new three year contract. Why do I believe this one? Because if I were a Board Member, he’d be the first one I’d tell.

Ok, that’s me up to speed

68. Shard says:

micky

You missed the one where Arsenal are willing to blow everyone else out of the water to sign 34 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Actually Shard, I saw it, and there was one big problem in highlighting that particular news. It would make Erik happy, and he doesn’t deserve pampering.

Seems the site has been a little quiet during the Interlull.

Still not long now until proper football returns.

micky. You are right.

Oh Dear God πŸ™‚

Of course it’s been quiet. Interdull, The Arsenal are shite, and we Atheist Fundamental Christians have been eating chocolate, and frankly, it’s terrifying that you hadn’t cottoned on to all that πŸ™‚

never mind the media micky. Take it from me – AW will spend some Β£20m on another midfielder and Β£10m (to your horror) on a defender. Now that Danny is back we won’t buy a striker

75. Shard says:

Wenger’s comments on Theo being better the next 5 years than the past 5 years. Does he intend to keep him, or is that a sales pitch? πŸ™‚

Eddie
    That would be Banner Time for Didit πŸ™‚

Brilliant idea for a post there Shard

8 meaningless games to play, how do you up the value of your terrible footballers. Play them? Send them out on modelling assignments? Play them as striker, and ask everyone to set them up with dollies?

Shard. Sales pitch. If that were true why isn’t he playing him?

Eddie. We just signed an MF. Our business is done for 2016.

“Atheist Fundamental Christians” πŸ™‚

start drawing micky

at least we will have Euros to enjoy. England could do well this summer

80. Shard says:

I hope you’re right Raddy. I’m sure some PL team would want Walcott and he could thrive in the right system. But would Walcott want to leave? He’s got a cushy life at Arsenal. Somewhere like Newcastle or West Ham may not be as appealing to him, not least because his marketing appeal is reduced by being at smaller clubs, and we know that part of the reason he gets the big bucks is that marketing image.

raddy – we did? Whom?

England v Netherlands should be fun tonight. Will Judas play?

Joke relating to the Dutchman in orange:

Q: what is the difference between an apple and an orange?
    A: you don’t get apple bastards πŸ™‚

shard – my thought precisesly. Theo won’t want to leave, maybe for Europe, but he won’t go north, he’s too posh. I feel bad talking like that about him only a couple of years after singing ‘Walcott, Walcott sign da thing’

How do you make a player leave before his contract runs out?

Eddie. El Nino

Shard. Fair point especially given Theo’s high wages.

84. Shard says:

BR and Eddie

Actually I don’t think the wages will be that big a problem right now, what with the new TV deal changing things. But, as Eddie so eloquently puts it, he’s too posh. Would he be willing to take a step down in the glory stakes, to step up in the performance stakes? That’s where I have my doubts.

Shard
    Threaten him with a seasons loan in Grimsby

Shard. He will not get much exposure if he gets few games. Advertisers want high profile and 10 games a season is not enough.

AW has a problem this summer – some of his golden boys have not developed to the level needed to win the PL and they all occupy the right side of attack 😦

87. Shard says:

nice try Micky, but a player has to agree to a loan move too.

shard – so HOW do you get rid of him?

Walcott signed da thing for 4 years in July 2015. So he has 3 years left!!! On Β£140k a week he is bound to sit it through.

Damn. I have to go to work 😦

91. Shard says:

Appeal to his better nature? Get Liverpool to sign him at a discount if need be? Sign an exchange deal for a player at a more glamourous club?

Shard
    “nice try Micky, but a player has to agree to a loan move too”

THAT IS SO UNFAIR. We own him after all