Another 2-0?

I love Anfield night games for only one reason – I can mentally re-run the glorious events of 26 May 1989. A night never to be forgotten and as important to the development of mankind as the invention of the wheel, the conception of language, the development of steam engine and electricity, the invention of the spinning jenny and the birth of Dennis Bergkamp.

However, this evening , though important, has no dramatic finality; a win and we extend our time TotL, Β a loss and we are still in a podium position with much of the season remaining.

Let’s start with Klopp. I have to admit I was hugely disappointed to see him at Anfield, my hope was that he would succeed Mr. Wenger and bring his charm to The Home Of Football. I am not convinced that his football philosophy is suited to Arsenal but there can be little doubt he would have challenged to likes of Gazidis to make the club more media-friendly. His public regard for Mr. Wenger says much about him. Β He will do well at Anfield.

As to his current team; once again we have been duped by the Scouse loving media. All that guff about “ham-strung,” L’pool will start with a very strong team Β and are probably better in central defence than when playing the bald thug bloke and the odd looking fellow they signed from S’ton. Having said that, Kolo’s last appearance at the Emirates was proof that he remains a Gooner – let us hope he repeats his performance tonight πŸ˜€

The new look Liverpool are a decent team and Arsenal will have to be much better than they have been in recent games. Fortunately Coutinho is hamstrung but they still have some fine attacking players.

As to Arsenal, the team almost picks itself. Many had a relaxing time riding the pine on Saturday and are fit for fight. As I am on a foreign computer I cannot do a team plan but you already know who will get a start.

Central midfield will be important. Lucas is a fine CM, better (IMO) than anyone we have at closing down the area in front of the defence. We have more skill, they have more power. I like to think skill wins.

Our forward line is a concern. OG is scoring but seems ill at ease, Theo has been anonymous and if he wants to maintain his place in the team when Sanchez returns he will have to influence the game far more than he has since his return.

Anfield is always a difficult fixture and L’pool are unpredictable – sometimes rubbish, sometimes very good. They played very well at The Emirates where we were outplayed for much of the game. I expect us to dominate possession and L’pool to try and use the power and pace of Benteke.

I would be satisfied with a point tonight.

COYRRG

143 Responses to Another 2-0?

1. Tai says:

Good analysis

2. So Erik is back in the land of the Vikings… yipeee. πŸ™‚

“Anfield is always a difficult fixture and L’pool are unpredictable – sometimes rubbish, sometimes very good.”

So they’re a bit like us so I suppose it’s down to who plays the better ‘rubbish’ will get the points πŸ™‚

3. Raddy, I put this on here last night, not sure if you saw it but I’m sure you will probably agree it was a good’un!

4. RC78 says:

Liverpool has been doing well against the top teams this year. We need to be careful of these Reds…That said – they have been frail defensively at times, leaving some opening.

Skrtl, Milner and Henderson have always done well against us so we have to keep them in check. The key to stop them is basically to contain their RB, Can, Ibe and Lallana. For this game, I would actually beef up our midfield and play in a 4-3-1-2 set-up with:

Cech – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Monreal – Ramsey, Flamini, Chambers – Ozil – Walcott, Giroud

5. RC78 says:

I think a point is the minimum but we could snatch a win…I would say that having Gibbs, Ox and Campbell on the bench will give us an edge because Liverpool does get tired with all that high-pressing…

6. Le Coq Monster says:

Thanks Randy.

Normally this game would have my Sofa on total lockdown and my pants on DEFCON 1. If they have a full team and do the pressing game then it will either be a roasting for us or we may get “lucky” and they dont score early and then anything can happen, but if the Bindippers play a team the strength of which they played Exeter then my pants will go to the low level of DEFCON 5 !

If they play Caulker and Toure then it will be totally unacceptable if we dont win !…..Caulker is a QPR and Spud reject and Toure is ……well, how can I put this……he stocks out Jewsons for timber and plays the stunt double for Martin Lawrence in Big Momma`s House without the padding !. Loved to have seen Alexis play this one as he would have had Caulker and Toure commiting suicide in an 69 pact involving a rusty brillo pad !.

Spot on with your analysis once again Raddy. I was at the home game and expecting a comfortable win when it was announced that by some freak both our CB’s were out and we had the relatively untried duo of Chambers and Gabriel at CB. We were lucky to come away with a point.

I agree a point will do tonight but we need to win and put clear space between us and the chasing pack if we are really going to put a claim in for the title.

This is another game where Petr Cech could make the difference and reward us with some of the 10-15 points JT predicted when Cech left the dark side.

8. I wish people would stop using abbreviated initials like PEA… it took me fecking ages to realise who it was ha ha… now we have JT… th feck, John Thomas? John Terry? who the feck is JT? Rasp πŸ™‚

9. Le Coq Monster says:

Dont spend loads of dosh coming down here !…….here`s a quick 4 min vid saving you time and money !. πŸ˜€

10. Le Coq, why would I spend dosh to visit Cornwall when I have the Cote d’azur on my doorstep πŸ™‚

11. Le Coq Monster says:

FU `69 !. hahaha

12. Le Coq Monster says:

Unusual !……….No Reus rumour this window !…….come on Arsene, we could probably spend the Β£230M all at Borussia Dandruff…………….some of there players are Head and Shoulders above ours !.

13. Beats Cornwall and Devon….

14. FU too Big Coq… the only downside here is that I can’t get your famous pies πŸ™‚

John Terry NB, keep up!! He’s a reprehensible character I don’t like to see his name in print 😦

16. He may be reprehensible Rasp but Cech had him in front of him and I’m sure Peter Cheque was happy most of the time…. we had Tony and the Chavs had Terry… not a lot of difference in my eyes.

17. so back to my question… who the feck is JT who predicted Cech saving us 10 – 15 points?

18. RC78 says:

John Terry…

Raddy – another fine post

Erik

He’s back, and we’re pleased about that πŸ™‚

Nice work, although I sense you’re a little down what with the taking a draw stuff.

Then there’s your line “and L’pool to try and use the power and pace of Benteke.”. I reckon that if Arsene had a full squad to choose from, then he’d revert to Theo central, flanked by Sanchez and Ramsey.

Deploying speed might cross his mind, and therefore Mesut supplying Joel. Theo and Ox might cross his mind.

I’ve just told you, it’s John Terry, and he’s not even fit to lace Tony Adam’s boots let alone be compared it to him.

21. oh ok….. I didn’t read it like that.. you need to express your self better Rasp… but you still put his name in print. Perhaps I go against the grain here on AA but I think he’s a excellent CB.

22. In fact… if he’s been one of ours then we’d be singing his praises…. swings and roundabouts :-

23. In the past I’ve called him (JT) a cunnut but thats only because he plays for the Chavs… if he’d played for us I would have been over the moon. Just saying πŸ™‚

24. Le Coq Monster says:

I`m with you `69er !. I think I read somewhere that Tony Adams was John Terry`s idol and lets face it they are/were very similar players !…….dont believe me ?……..

11 Jan 2015 – Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says Chelsea skipper John Terry is in the same mould as north London legend Tony Adams.

15 May 2014 – TONY ADAMS has accused Roy Hodgson of making a massive blunder in not trying to persuade John Terry to go the World Cup.

14 Nov 2011 – Arsenal legend Ray Parlour believes Chelsea’s John Terry has same the leadership qualities as Highbury hero Tony Adams.

20 Oct 2014 – Readers of The Independent have voted John Terry the best Premier League … Arsenal legend Tony Adams came second with 141 votes.

I would have had John Terry any day of the week, superb player at his peak, couldn`t care less if he was a tosser !.

25. I believe you Cockie πŸ™‚

26. Cockie… dont worry aboit Rasp and his views, he’s at the age where he’s suffering from Penile dementia πŸ™‚

27. Le Coq Monster says:

Hahaha Yeah !….this is what happens when you shag Goldfish !.

28. ah no Cockie, he shags Blow Fish ha ha

29. Le Coq Monster says:

Time for some exercise, `69er !…..I know you must be knackered for your all nighter of watching paint dry and only kept alive by your intravenus wine drip, but some of us have bodies to maintain for the hordes of screaming ladies who want this body of someone half my age…..and they are not having it back !. hahaha

30. Enjoy the pain Cockie….. I’m sure it’s doing some good somewhere πŸ™‚

31. Le Coq Monster says:

The biggest pain is starting with the plank !……..I`m up to 5 and a half mins with it and it hurts like effing hell in the last min or so !…….try it, see if you can do a minute !……….and thats without having a woman underneath you for support or what Transplant tried in having a photo of Wenger in front of him and getting a hard on to help him balance !.

It helps with core strength !

32. Feck that Cockie… I have a problem lifting a glass of fecking wine… builds the biseps ha ha

33. Actually, looking at her muscle and tendon structure I got a stiffy.. and there’s a hint of nipple… Peaches Mum won’t be happy πŸ™‚

You guys don’t know the first thing about me and are breaching blog ethics by getting personal.

35. Hold up Rasp…. nothing personal, you’re too sensitive mate, take a leaf out of Raddy’s book… zen zen zen! Calme toi !

36. Le Coq Monster says:

I dont know the first thing about Goldfish, but I dont see them complaining !………probably forgot about it after two seconds and possibly have a sense of banter and humour if only they could remember !………..alright !….I apologise !……and I`m sorry to you as well Rasp !. πŸ˜†

37. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha, brilliant read, Raddy. πŸ™‚

No tactical bolleaux for the moment, just COYGs. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

38. Red Arnie says:

I have done some number crunching last few years and find that GD is the best leading indicator (predictor) for final positions in the EPL. Hence a 0-2 win away does nicely for me.

How? I do not care. via Giro’s rod and Theo’s arse will do fine for me. πŸ™‚

39. Giro’s rod ! πŸ™‚

Hello Arnie… you’ve been missing in action!

40. Red Arnie says:

NorthBank. πŸ˜›

Arnie babyyy, welcome back. I was worried man. Thought you may have been kidnapped on a train by a love rival and forced to pay a massive dowry?

I want GN5 back. Hes the only one I respect on here.

Redders must return. He intimidates me, and I enjoy it.

Steve the fisherman. Who cares about the white hood? I like him

Norfolk. A fine geezer. Conjures up satisfying images of sheep.

Cheers Raddy

It will be the same as usual up there. They will press us high and the crowd will demand justice and hold a moments silence.

Lets do a sweepstake on who it will be? My moneys on the late Leonard Nimoy. He had a scouse haircut and once mind melded with a hub cap.

if we can handle the early press and ignore the crowds chants of maximum housing benefit for Vulcans, we will do them.

42. “I want GN5 back. Hes the only one I respect on here.

Redders must return. He intimidates me, and I enjoy it.

Steve the fisherman. Who cares about the white hood? I like him

Norfolk. A fine geezer. Conjures up satisfying images of sheep.”

πŸ™‚

43. Have you got past your emotional inner self Rasp? there was no malice in the banter… just banter!

44. So you fcuk goldfish… who gives a siht! I don’t ha ha ha ha ha

“It will be the same as usual up there. They will press us high and the crowd will demand justice and hold a moments silence”

ha ha ha ha ha ha really did spill something πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

46. lovely jubbly… this is lunch

47. Le Coq Monster says:

48. Red Arnie says:

Terry. πŸ™‚ I have managed to avoid kidnap so far, but for how long? πŸ˜›

Bring on the spirit of 1989. πŸ™‚ COYG. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the pre-match, BR.

Fine pre-match BR

A draw feels like it would be OK, but if we really want to be serious title challengers this ought to be a win…

Terry’s description of the ‘Pool fans – pure genius.

Afternoon Rocky

Naturally agree on the genius of the Transplant observation. You need to be of a certain vintage to know how truly vile Liverpool are πŸ™‚

Also agree on the win

52. Red Arnie says:

Pool is truly vile, no doubt about that. πŸ™‚ OK, 3-0 to the good guys then. πŸ™‚

53. Red Arnie says:

Just in case you don’t believe me, look at the Scouser pundits. Slimy shady characters all, not even worthy of scorn. πŸ™‚

I am not a Pool hater. Hate their accent and the makeup, but love their love for footy and ‘YNWA’ moves me to tears, sometimes.

yes Raddy, Klopp and Wenger mutually admire the opponent, I can see them holding hands during the game.

LFC miss Coutinho, our Sanchez is out. Sakho, Hernandez for our Coq, Wilshere etc…. we seemed to be fairly matches with the sick notes. The last men standing for both teams are still capable of giving us a thrilling fixture to which I am looking forward to

Thanks for the pre-match BR.

Thanks for the pre-match BR

57. Red Arnie says:

Interesting, Evonne. For me YNWA is about the Pool fans. Fans of all clubs have my respect, perhaps with a hint of pity. However the same is not true of many clubs, including all EPL clubs and their players and managers

Thanks Raddy, good to see you back from your prolonged dereliction of duties πŸ™‚

Anyway…shock, horror….I agree with Micky πŸ™‚ (in his 11.36 that is) in playing a pace front 3 of AOC, Theo and Joel. I have a tactical bolleux reason though.

Nothing personal to Ollie but Klopp’s teams like to play the high pressing game and I feel we have struggled to get to terms with that recently. Spurs have been adopting that game plan and we haven’t looked comfortable with them in recent games.

The slower striker allows them to play a higher defensive line with less fear, and they can then compress the space in our half. This often results in us getting caught in possession in our own half due to not moving the ball out quickly between the lines and getting them on the turn exposing the space behind the high defensive line.

We often end up in, what I call, this siege mentality then. Ollie is the more clinical striker at present but you have to get into their penalty area for that to be relevant. I think the quicker front 3 will see us have more control of the game and somewhat thwart klopp’s game plan to play high, close us down quickly and kill us off early.

May not happen of course and I think he will start with Ollie anyway, so it will be interesting to see if we do get forced deep and struggle to get out our own half or if we manage to overcome this style of play this time round.

59. Red Arnie says:

Top and utter bolleaux, GB. “May not happen of course and I think he will start with Ollie anyway” That is a giveaway, anyway. πŸ™‚

60. Red Arnie says:

Beebs: “No Christian Benteke again for Liverpool as the Reds go with Roberto Firmino up top.

“New loan signing Steven Caulker, from Southampton, takes his place on the bench.”

61. Red Arnie says:

Liverpool recall captain Jordan Henderson to the midfield after injury but there is no place for forward Christian Benteke, who has to make do with a place on the bench along with new loan signing Steven Caulker. Keeper Danny Ward is also on the bench instead of Adam Bogdan.

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Can, Lallana, Ibe, Firmino.

thanks arnie. knew you would appreciate it πŸ™‚

Firminio up top deepens my suspicion of trying to overload and control midfield playing a high pressing game.

63. Red Arnie says:

Leaders Arsenal make one change to the team that last appeared on the Premier League stage – Joel Campbell starts in place of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Flamini, Campbell, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud.

64. Red Arnie says:

Good team. COYG. πŸ™‚

touche with the coyg arnie but i have a bit of mmmmm going on with the selection. Come on prove my misgivings wrong you gunners.

Touche with the COYG’s Arnie, but I have a bit of Mmmm going on with the selection. Please prove my doubts wrong you gunners.

bloody first one I thought had been lost. Sorry.

OK – Campbell in for Oxo seems reasonable based on the way they both performed in our last game.

Campbell appears to be getting better with every game. I fancy him to score today.

Ah ha, I see Beardy is back πŸ™‚

Good and bad news in my book. Let me begin by saying “oh dear lord, the carthorse starts up top”

What happens shortly, is that after every time I say that, which is every time, the beast scores. At that point, Beardy appears from behind the curtains and Nah nah nah nah nah’s me.

So there’s the good and bad. Ollie scores. I get the once over from Beardy.

70. Red Arnie says:

you got it right, Micky. πŸ™‚ Yes, one may or may not like his game, but he scores more often than not. That is the minimum that a wannabe CF must do. By my book. That is the proof of your bolleaux, GB. πŸ™‚

Possibly arnie but the best games we have played in the last 6 months or so imo have been with theo up top, even when he doesnt score. Ollie has looked good coming on later in these games and often scoring. I think our play is more fluid with theo so we get better early control of games. As i say i will be delighted if we muller them with an ollie hat trick.

72. Red Arnie says:

Ollie leaves his hattrick for a really crucial game, like earlier in the CL. No, not today. The game is important for bragging rights, though. πŸ™‚

Plane touched down an hour ago and I am on the sofa …..

COYRRG

74. Red Arnie says:

bum

The way we have started I would be better off behind the sofa.

Terrible so far

Ramseyyyyyyyyesssssss

77. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha. Campbell – Ramsey. πŸ™‚ hopefully, the stud will be fine. πŸ™‚

Ffs this is going to mess up ollie ‘ s hairdo

Very nice from Mr Ramsey.

Come On….

80. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Starting to think Thro might be a bit of a liability defending…

Bloody hell. Fermino will never do that again. Stunning

82. Red Arnie says:

feck

83. Red Arnie says:

brilliant game so far

84. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Reckon we need to start going a bit longer?

85. Red Arnie says:

πŸ™‚

Fantastic game, how long can pool maintain this energy level? We need to take control now and wear them out.

87. Red Arnie says:

bloody homer

I like campbell

Wow. Fantastic game
    Could do with another two hours of this
    Brilliant

90. Red Arnie says:

lovely half of football. man of the half-match so far is Firmino. But we are even, and our man of the match so far is Campbell. IMO. Tireless in offence and defence, and good quality, a fine assist and a fair penalty shout. COYG.

91. fatgingergooner says:

Awful defending from both teams and both have gifted goals by not clearing their lines and trying too hard to play on the counter. Sometimes it’s better just to get rid!

I do think we have a few gears to move into whereas Liverpool are probably playing as well as they can at the moment given their lineup so there is a good chance we can take control of this game if we improve quickly.

Need more from Walcott and we need to get Γ–zil the ball. Campbell playing well and working his tail off and Ramsey driving the game from midfield.

92. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Reminded me of the start of the Spud game, all the pressing, Liverpools energy levels dipped a lot earlier than Spurs did. And although unlike Spuds they managed to get a couple of goals from that press they are appalling at back. Like Rasp I don’t see how they can keep up the intensity.

For me Theo main culprit for first goal, whilst there was a tug on him we just shouldn’t be trying that away from home when Jones is the ref, he doesn’t like us most of the time and it’s very easy for him not to give decisions at Anfield. Look at the bashing Ollie is taking with no fouls given.

Second goal catalogue of errors.

Biggest weakness we have when pressed is the way we try to spread out across and up pitch, Rambo and Flamini need to start much deeper to give easy options to BFG and rest of back 4 whilst Ozil, Campbell and Theo should be close to Ollie for a longer option.

Mmmm, would I settle for a 2-3 win now, or go for the full monty and a 4-5 away humdinger πŸ™‚

94. Red Arnie says:

Theo is giving the ball away too easily. a bit of a liability really. such a pity, he needs to control the ball better,

Cracking half.

OG getting a hammering which the ref is allowing – as Arnie said, he is clearly a homer.

Should we tighten up the defence or continue to give it the full beans?

We can win this. We have more match winners than them. I wouldnt have gone for Ollie from the start but they look so suspect from corners that he could prove a match winner. Free kicks as well but the ref seemed to over look some stonewall ones imo.

This may come down to which team has the best options to come off the bench. The more they tire the greater influence Ozil will have on the game

98. Red Arnie says:

what a goal! take that, GB. πŸ™‚

Soooooeeerrrrrrbbb goal by Ollie

Yeeesss……..giroud….told you arnie πŸ™‚

101. Red Arnie says:

why is that not a card?

102. Red Arnie says:

GB. πŸ™‚

103. Red Arnie says:

how is Clyne still on the pitch?

104. Red Arnie says:

don’t like this. we are playing too deep.

Perfect substitutions

FairPlay to Liverpool they are really putting in a huge effort. Hopefully it will affect them in the final ten minutesjj

We want four
    We want four
    πŸ˜€

Shooooot πŸ˜€

109. Red Arnie says:

feck. this is what I was fearing

A fair result I guess and city drew so no harm done to our position. Shame we chose to bring Arteta on over Chambers

111. Red Arnie says:

hmmm. well, can live with that. but conceding in the 90th minute is harsh. Campbell my MOTM

very late where I am. good night all.

Pool will take points off the other top teams if they keep playing like that.

Superb game. Disappointing result in the end, but fantastic to watch.

Best game I’ve seen in ages.

I expect carnage on the passenger side floor of Ants car. Fizzy drinks cans, crisps, bits of pie πŸ™‚

Night all

114. fatgingergooner says:

Probably a fair result but a bit gutting conceding so late. Fortunately great results elsewhere so no harm done.

We didn’t play all that great really and the quicker we get Sanchez back the better. For me, our front 3 at the moment should be Sanchez, Giroud and Campbell, with Walcott available if more pace is needed to play on the counter.

If we can just hold it together for the next few tough fixtures then we could be in a brilliant position for when players start to come back to fitness.

A fair result and a fantastic game.

Loads of plusses but one major negative and that is Theo. This is just the type of open game when he should flourish but the bloke was anonymous. Sad to say that when Sanchez returns I would drop Theo and keep playing Campbell who was very good tonight.

116. fatgingergooner says:

Rasp,

I’m still happy for Leicester to take points off the big teams at the moment too as I still think they will drop off at some point. They are still hanging in there though!

117. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

I know Arsene has a difficult balancing act, but I really hope that’s the last time he takes Ozil off to preserve three points, reminds me of the days when he used to chuck Cygan on as an extra defensive body, for me it changes shape too much and removes one of the best chances we have of keeping possession and possibly nicking another.

I know it’s to try and preserve his legs, but surely ten minutes just can’t make a difference.

And also it changes shape too much as you have confusion over what those three should be doing in the middle of the park, when Ozil is on the other two just have to win it and find him.

It was a good game, we did well to get ourselves back in it, and then in front, but for me that feels like a defeat as I think we could have seen the game out with better awareness from certain players. Run the clock down keep the ball, go nowhere when we had possession we shouldn’t have bern rushing towards them.

Thankfully other results haven’t hurt us, and it’s one of the tricky ones out the way.

Agreed FGG, my preference would be for the foxes to finish second behind us πŸ™‚

Yea, let’s hope Sanchez returns soon

120. What a brilliant game… pure entertainment but we shouldn’t have conceded on the 90th minute… two points lost in my view, we had it in the bag.

Great game although I am sure like most I feel a bit disappointed.

I know that sometimes I write a match report I am afraid I am unable to do so this evening.

No problem LB, we will try to twist somebody else’s arm

123. Oh wow, what an amazingly exhausting match ………….and such a shame to concede that last goal 😦

Still ……….. we are Top of the League and long may it last.

Can anyone give us a few words about the game for a post for tomorrow please πŸ™‚

I’m not so fussed about the third goal (apart from it costing us 2 points!). It’s one of those goals that can happen when you’re leading by one goal in the dying minutes and the opposition are going all out for an equalizer. None of our lot did anything particularly wrong, the ball fell nicely for Allen and he took it well.

I’m more annoyed at the first two, which resulted from us giving away possession repeatedly in our own half.

I suspect Le Coq would have made a difference. It’s difficult to fault Flamini’s effort and commitment and I can’t quite work out why he’s less effective than Coq, but I suspect it might be something to do with Le Coq’s reading of the game: Flamini will scurry around and throw himself into tackles, but I think Coq might be more tactical about where he places himself and when he commits.

Agree about Theo: very poor game.

All in all a good game and the other results were good for us (particularly Man City draw and Spuds defeat).

Spot on Rocky, I reckon we may be seeing Elneny in place of Flamini by mid February.

We can be 20% better when we have Welby and Alexis back, and either Coquelin or Elneny at HM

127. I’m disappointed with the loss of 2 points as well… but one of our tough away games done a dusted and at least we got a point.

Enough is enough!!

The reason that I will never again participate on AA is that this post was censored.

I leave it to you to determine why it was rejected.

………………………………………………………………………………………..

My views on Arsenal – Arsenal

There has been a lot of discussion on AA recently regarding the blog and participants thoughts and ideas on the site and blogging in general.

Kelsey introduced me to AA and my first post was in July of 2010. I met Kelsey on another site and although we have never met personally we became close friends simply by our association with AA.

I’d been blogging on other sites from the early 90’s and I was totally dissatisfied with the type of comments that were allowed and the continuous rhetorical B.S. that was posted.
    Much of the commentary was related to what the posters had read or heard on the media and they repeated the media claptrap as though it was the gospel and I used to read these comments with an increasing amount of annoyance. The sites were/are very poorly monitored by the site principles who allowed serial crap to be posted – they were/are only interested in getting revenue from the amount of hits on the site. To create their revenue stream they used misleading headlines which drew in the readers to create the hits.

Over the years I’ve written well over a hundred posts on AA usually from the viewpoint of a veteran Arsenal supporter, many were historical in nature. One particular summer series was to decide Arsenal’s Greatest Team, most of the series is shown on the AA header line; GIE was a great co-conspirator on the series. Another post was picked by Arsenal.com as their blog of the week – which was a great advert for AA. I’ve enjoyed writing my posts as it allowed me to do deep research and increased my personal knowledge of our players and club.

On AA I’ve met an eclectic group of passionate supporters and in the early days of the blog there were around 20/30 regulars whose views were expressed from various perspectives. Today only a hard core of the originals remain plus some more occasional posters.

I considered AA to be one of the Arsenal AA sites due to several reasons;

1) AA was extremely well managed by the administrators.
    2) AA was blessed with many knowledgeable bloggers.
    3) There was a well thought out code of conduct.
    4) The quality of the headline posts was commendable.
    5) Big Raddy’s pre games headline posts were a joy to read.
    6) There was international participation on the site.
    7) New posters were always welcomed.

Currently I feel that AA is suffering due to several issues;

1) AA remains well managed but suffers due to a lesser involvement from the key administrators.
    2) AA has lost many of its superb bloggers.
    3) New bloggers rarely continue to participate on AA.
    4) Headline posts are no longer posted on a daily basis.
    5) The amount of international posters has declined.

Arsenal Arsenal like many other football blogs has far less posters than in the early part of the 20’s. My feeling is that blogs have become a little stale as many of the topics and opinions are simply a repetition of previous discussions.

The daily headline posts on AA and their quality had set the site apart from all other Arsenal sites, they created a unique forum for original dialogue and in my opinion the site has diminished in their absence.

My words are not written to condemn but more to sing the praises of AA and I sincerely hope and urge the key players and our missing participants to become as involved as they were previously.

This site simply cannot be allowed to fade away by lack of involvement or neglect – let’s ensure that does not happen!!

Your views/opinions are openly invited.

Respectfully yours – GunnerN5.

I considered AA to be one of the Arsenal AA sites due to several reasons;

Should have read – I considered AA to be one of the BEST Arsenal blog sites due to several reasons;

I leave you in peace and would like to thank Chas & Ant and Big Raddy for the may hours of pleasure that you have given me……………..Oh and of course how could I forget Terry………..:)

No-0ne told me Spurs lost πŸ™‚

Morning

What a game and in all honesty for the first 15/20 minutes I thought we were in for a drubbing.Liverpool were really up for it and our orchestral leader never got a look in.

Possibly we underestimate our team but then again look at the other results last night showing what an unpredictable season this is.

Giroud is improving but yet again Walcott disappoints. Campbell is good for 60 minutes and if he stays could be a useful member of the squad.

Again we try and defend a lead instead of putting the match to bed and the 3 subs that came on do not install confidence IMO in achieving that objective, as it so proved in the end.

I can think of at least 3 occasions when Liverpool have snatched a point from us in the last few seconds, and that is quite recently.

All in all both teams could feel they should have won but we have to move on to the next test at Stoke and apparently the Egyptian maybe in the squad.

Blimey, if you include the Prem game between Utd and Toon the night before, there were 29 goals in 8 games

Crystals
    Do you watch these games on what used to be called Liveonlinefooty?

I did micky.

So Bowie left 5 to 600000 million( 3 timesmore than mccartney is worth) and is to be quickly cremated. All rather strange,I wonder being bisexual if he actually had aids.I love a good conspiracy theory πŸ˜‰

School outing today, so early run. Later

I’ll try to cobble something together for 9.30.

138. fatgingergooner says:

According to some, we failed to beat Liverpools 2nd team last night! By my reckoning the only players missing from their line up were Skrtel, Coutinho and Sturridge (some will argue Lovren but he’s as bad as Sakho), whilst we were missing Coquelin, Cazorla and Sanchez (and still without Welbeck and Wilshere), so If anything we were more affected by injuries than they were!

Anyway, still feel a bit gutted that we conceded so late but other results means nothing lost. If we can beat Stoke at the weekend then this will feel like a better result.

New Post