Arsenal have found the new Diaby …..

I have made no secret of my admiration for Jeff Reine-Adelaide – hereafter to be known affectionately as just plain ‘Jeff’

J

He joined Arsenal last summer after coming through the ranks at Lens. On the Arsenal site he is described as….

Possessing great pace and close ball control, excelling in wide attacking midfield positions

Unsurprisingly Arsene believes the teenager has all the attributes to become an all-round central midfielder. “Comfortable playing up front, on either wing or behind the striker, Reine-Adelaide is in almost every way the archetypal Wenger signing.”

He already has international experience having represented France at Under-16 and 17 level

I watched Jeff closely when he came on against Sunderland and his performance confirmed the quality and potential I had seen watching him in The Emirates Cup against Lyon and Wolfsburg. This guy has the potential to be a great player.

He’s physically and technically advanced for his age but still only 17. Arsene is being cautious and clearly doesn’t want to heap too much expectation on his young shoulders. He had this to say …..

He looks very promising, but needs to work with us for a year with the first team, to play with the Under-21s and develop. There is fantastic potential there and he will stay with us.

I’m sure one of Arsene’s greatest regrets is that he was never able to realise the enormous talent that was Abou Diaby …. Jeff’s abilities are very similar to those of Diaby, let’s hope that with careful management and a resilience to injuries he can evolve into the player we all wanted Diaby to be.

Rasp

114 Responses to Arsenal have found the new Diaby …..

I am ashamed to say I have never seen Jeff play but I trust the estimation of his talents given by Rasp and Micky.

Diaby? No – he will be the new Zidane Zidane or with good health and fortune even reach the heights of Ian Selley

Post sent 🙂

Mmmm, yummy, delicious topic Rasp. Bravo.

And Bonjour Erik 🙂

I saw more of Jeff at the emirates cup than the other day, and mighty impressed I was. What we really need is a few youtube clips. As for his ideal position and your Diaby comparisons, I really don’t have any idea.

It will be interesting to see what others think and how my vision alters as the comments come in.

Ooooo, check out 1 min 18 secs

5. nonso says:

arsenal is the best

Thanks Micky. He looks the chiens couilles

7. RC78 says:

Exciting prospect – similar to Kingsley Coman so more of a wing player. He needs to beef up his body and his game but very interesting young prospect. Hope he makes it at AFC

Bonjour RC

“similar to Kingsley Coman”

Fabulous news I’m sure, but utterly useless to the armchair enthusiast who hasn’t a clue what a Kingsley Coman is 🙂

9. RC78 says:

Hey Micky –

Kinglsey Coman is a product of the PSG Academy. However, he refused to sign a professional contact with PSG and joined Juventus last year. He played some games but played well. Frustrated by his playing time, he joined Bayern Munich at the request of Guardiola for a 2 years loan period with a buying clause. He has started many times for Bayern Munich this season thanks to the injuries of Robben and Ribery and has provided 3 assists and scored two goals in the league while netting one goal in the CL and providing 5 assists in the CL. 19 year old who has plenty of fire and trickery in his feet.

10. RC78 says:

He played against us in the CL

Ok, cool.
    How much would he cost, and I mean this week 🙂

12. RC78 says:

He is quoted at 10 Mln on transfermarkt but I think he would go for closer to 20-25 given his age and potential, plus he is now part of the wider French team.

The French team is looking decent for the EURO by the way:

Lloris – Sagna, Varane, Kos, Evra – Pogba, Diarra, Matuidi – Valbuena, Benzema, Griezzmann

Mandanda – Jallet, Mangala, Sakho, Kurzawa – Sissoko, Schnederlin, Cabaye – Coman, Giroud, Martial

Extra GK: Costil

Possible inclusions:
    – Debuchy at RB instead of Jallet
    – Perrin or Laporte at CB instead of Sakho
    – Digne or Trémoulinas at LB instead of Kurzawa
    – Fékir or Ben Arfa for either Coman or Martial
    – Lacazette or Gignac or Gomis or Modeste for Giroud

The oddities in our team lay at FB and with Valbuena. Our starting FB are not great and Valbuena is not a World-Class player but the coach loves him…

With a bit of luck and playing at home, we may just snatch the title…

Bonjour again RC

“With a bit of luck and playing at home, we may just snatch the title”.

Speak for yourself Frenchie 🙂

I’m English and therefore hate the French. It’s just another sport we invented, you understand 🙂

14. RC78 says:

Another sport invented by the English where the French had more recent success :-p

success is relative RC 🙂
    I think we do food better than you lot 🙂

Thanks Rasp. Looks more like another young player who was heavily rated and sought after as a sapling, and has subsequently had a meteoric rise, to the point that he now seems to be on everyone’s wish list as the best in his position and yours for a likely mere £70m……….step forward the new Paul Pogba……minus a cool £68.25M in spending.

Yeh RC, don’t just assume your Gallic roots will help you win any debate with Micky on cheese and wine 🙂

Hi GB, well if he can turn into Pogba2, I’d be very happy, but I think his game is naturally more attacking 🙂

19. RC78 says:

If he can emulate Robben, Ribery, De Bruyne – we would all be quite happy 🙂

Gb – Micky is always right it seems even when he is not…

That’s the spirit RC
    Right about footballers I’ve never even heard of 🙂

21. Le Coq Monster says:

Great stuff Rasp !……your love affair with Jeff is duly noted and I will await to see his development when he`s in his twenty`s and grown some curves, but he has potential !. 😀

Dont exagerate Micky !…..it`s only a 2000 ab workout and now upto 3X200 squats and tonight is the 6 mile run and the weather is a bit chilly, you know, the ingrowing penis kind !…..lucky enough… 2/3rds of the runners are fit women, so the ingrowing will only be minimal !…..if they are too girly to come out in the cold weather it will be OK as we have to run past Warrens the Butchers and they usually have an erotic beef carcase hanging in the window on display, possibly a Red Ruby !. 🙂

Cockie
    I thought squatting is what people do in bush when caught short.
    Mighty strange the Cornish.
    I know Warrens. Serious quality establishment.

23. Le Coq Monster says:

Comments are disappearing into the AA Triangle !. 👿

Nothing to do with us Cockie, there are no comments in moderation?

Every comment of mine vanishes. I then push refresh and hey presto

By the way Cornwall, a Red Ruby is a fine beast, but despite being a Devon breed, is not the best. That goes to The Welsh Black (moorland grazed of course)

26. Le Coq Monster says:

Must be my end, Rasp !

Micky, Warrens must be quality !……..before Xmas I was driving past before 7am and there was queues along the road for their meat !.
    I`m normally untrusting in Kebab shops, but the one in town is supplied by Warrens so must be cushdie !.

So Rasp, do you like Jeff then?

I wasn’t entirely sure from your comments over recent days and from today’s Post 🙂

I hope he becomes a star… but like Mr Coq I’ll reserve judgement for a while.

RC
    No way your garcons will win the Euros with Sagna and Evra at FB.
    Bac is over the hill and Evra is over the hill and a humungous twunt.

Hi Rocky, I know I was covering old ground but it filled a gap today 🙂

And like all posts that have a player’s name in the title, it got loads of hits ….. approaching 5,000 for the day so far.

You realise I only write this stuff so I can say ITYS if it comes true or conveniently forget if it doesn’t 😀

He does look very promising Rasp.

I’m just aware of getting very excited about cameos and clip compilations from players like Fran Merida and Thomas Eisfeld in the past.

I’m sure your caution is well placed, but I will confidently predict that Jeff will start in some games for us next season and may well feature against Burnley. The fact that Arsene doesn’t want to send him out on loan but keep him under wraps at LC suggests he is being nurtured.

31. Evening all

Jeff Reine- Adelaide… in French Reine is queen… so it’s queen Adelaide… or queen Jeff. Ideal for Micky 🙂

32. He’s got the number 54… a good one, the year of my birth so he’s probably very talented 🙂

33. by the way rasp… I have to refresh as well, after posting every comment… it’s a WordPress problem

1854 NB?

Rasp
    On the positive side I got excited about the early cameos and clip compilations of a certain young Spaniard called Fabregas… and he didn’t let me down (well, not until quite a few years later).

Cheers, Rasp, a fine post full of optimism.

Jeff is over 6 feet tall as well, so a fair sized unit once he fills out a little.
    Jeff. Iwobi, Crowley, Malen, Willock – let’s hope they all make it and provide a succession of players who have a breakthrough season for us.
    Wenger will be leaving a fine legacy for the next manager (if he ever gets round to leaving, that is 🙂 )

Don’t watch after 4 mins!

Who would have thought this would have happened in the six games after Alexis got injured?
    Mind you, it was a relatively easy run, including that majestic performance against Citeh, but also the calamity at St Mary’s.

from AFC.com
    on Alexis…
    We think he will be short for Wednesday, he has a chance to be available for Sunday [against Stoke]. He is always keen to play. If you listen to Alexis, he can always play – even when he is injured. We try to be cautious. With a muscular injury you never exactly how big the risk but he is very close. If you look at him training he is very close.

Nice Rasp

Jeffs got it. I go by the face and see a highly advanced intelligence and the potential to get loads of crumpet

If I was a Uri Geller spoon I would compare him to a graceful panther but in the same token intelligent and sensitive. But as ive never been bent by Geller, I will stick to saying hes a great prospect.

As chas says, these are exciting times for the club. Top of the league, defending the cup, playing Barca in Europe, and some great kids on the conveyor belt.

39. Rocky

Sometimes I wish it had been 1854 then I could have lived during the period of great Art… Cezanne, Van Gogh, The Pre Raphaelites, Picasso… Dali… these days all artists do is make a pile of fecking bricks and they become famous ha ha

Nice idea for a post Rasp.

The Diaby similarity hadn’t crossed my mind but thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense.

41. Seven opponents parking the bus and trying to catch Alexis

You like that new-fangled Impressionism stuff do you NB.

I prefer real art.

Rocky
    I rather fancy that for you art begins and ends with the life and work of one Mr Dennis Bergkamp
    Quite a portfolio he has too

Too true Micky

But I’m acquiring a fondness for the work of his young German protege, Masterr Ozil.

By the way, I love how you and Le Coq can chat about specific butchers’ shops in the West Country…

46. Rocky, there wasn’t an impressionist amongst that list of artists… 🙂

Rocky
    He skips past at speed in tight clothing
    I glide sedately past in an automobile

Must go

Before I go

NB
    Since your art exchange with Rocky, I’ve just spent 50 mins looking at the Tate Britain website. Often slip in for a few laps when in town.

OK
    Really off

Well, Van Gogh is certainly an impressionist painter, even if he’s not an “official” impressionist.

I’m with you on the Pre Raphaelites though… 🙂

Anything catch your eye Micky?

Since I’ve moved to Canadia I’ve become quite fond of a bunch of Canuck artists known as “The Group of 7”. I think there were 8 of them.

Worth a Google some time if you’re bored.

Apologies to those looking for a bit of footy chat 😦

Evening all, good post Rasp, when I read about players like Jeff, and see clips like the video posted by Micky earlier it makes it hard to see why so many journo’s link us with 28-32 year old players, in my mind we sign in two age groups, young with something to improve upon, and players in the 24-26 bracket just entering their peak years who can give the club service through the whole of their contract. The rarity is the older head, and to be honest I think they all happened at onetime when the pick of our players were being poached by all and sundry.

It is satisfying to be in position now where players will only be sold if we want to not because we have to, or because we can’t compete on wages.

But players like Jeff have to be given time, something that’s not always available to some of our recruits.

53. I have to disagree Rocky… Van Gogh was the father of Fauvism…. Matisse and Derain followed in his footsteps… not Monet, Manet and Pissarro 🙂

54. Bit of football chat, bit of culture, some fluffy pussy in a box gliding across a shiny floor… what’s the difference !

55. Cor thanks Rocky, I’d never heard of the group of 7 and just looked them up… love it

Van Gogh had a child?
    News to me that

Still definitely working and not here 🙂

Ooo I like that too

Alright NB – split the diff: Van Gogh was a post impressionist 🙂

Agree with NB
    Thanks Rocky for the Group of 7 intro
    Saw their dates as well. Ahead of the game for sure.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I agree with GiE we have find exciting prospects coming through, only the top managers manage to integrate the progression of young talent with established seasoned pros.

61. Micky 🙂

It’s a shame about many very good American and Canadian artist from the 20th century… they got lost in the clamour for French artists. I’m a big fan of Jared French, Paul Cadmus and Mark Tansey… but most people haven’t heard of them

Anyone like the work of Sir Russell Flint whilst we’re talking artists?

63. Rasp

I adore Russel Flint… one of the best watercolour artists that ever lived… he inspired must of my watercolour work when I lived in the UK… superb artist… and he knew how to paint a womans body 🙂

Bloody hell Lads, I’m trying to finish some sodding work stuff, and I’m being drowned in a great new and exciting world

Rasp – you naughty boy – old Sir Russell Flint like a naked lady or two, I see.

Also Googled your three suggestions NB. Tansey appealed the most…

I agree NB, my father was an admirer of his work and met him a few times

Sorry to lower the tone but I thought that was a top cat vid at 6.48

True he did paint a decent nude rocky, but I actually like his Spanish scenes, the light effects are amazing.

Haha – nice one LB

In 100 years the original cat vids will probably be selling for millions and art experts will be discussing their merits 😀

70. wow… Rasp, that must have been a great honour, to meet Flint. The only really famous artist I’ve met is Lucian Freud and that was just a five minute chat at a Gallery Preview.

Speaking of masters of their art, you’re up to nearly 6,000 hits today Rasp: well played Sir.

It’s all about the headline as you know Rocky, you still hold the record on AA with 22,000 🙂

73. ha ha somewhat better than my 300 or so on GunnersoreArse.. Newsnow obviously works but they wouldn’t acept me… I wonder why 🙂 🙂

Mike Dean is doing everything he can to gift the game to Utd. He awarded the mans a very dodgy pen in the first half and didn’t give a stonewall in favour of the toon.

Haha, I’ve just written that and he has awarded a pen to Newcastle 🙂

76. ha ha … somewhat better than my average 300 hits on GunnersoreArse.. Newsnow obviously works but they wouldn;t accept me… I wonder why 🙂 🙂

77. How did that happen?

It’s all Newcastle now, they should be in front.

79. Le Coq Monster says:

Impressionists !…………probably the first one I liked was Mike Yarwood !……..his Harold Wilson was so good I actually thought he was the real one and Wilson was the impressionist !.

80. Le Coq Monster says:

81. Trust le Co to come up with something funny about impressionists 🙂

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m still working… and listening to music. The life of an artist in Provence can be hard sometimes 🙂

82. Le Coq Monster says:

83. Le Coq Monster says:

The life of a piss artist in Provence more like it !. 😆

84. Le Coq Monster says:

85. Le Coq Monster says:

86. lovely stuff Cockie… I do paintings that take the piss (artist) out of the greats as well, love the cat paintings 🙂

87. Van Gogh (self portrait) the Mona Lisa and the Scream by Edvard Munch… great stuff

88. Red Arnie is normally commenting at this hour in the morning… where the fukc is he? I’m still working… you load of mugs are in ficking dreamland,

89. I’m all alone… and feeling naughty… so here goes

90. Rack of the Day is back ha ha

91. Upstairs at ERIKS ha ha

92. So peaches mum ain’t about at 1:30 in the morning… more wine!

93. This is a video of Chas and Ant going on a away game trip on the train, eating a Mars bar, then photos of chas’s wedding, then ant and duck as small boys and then Chas at the pool going for his fifty strokes ha ha

94. Anyone awake yet? Have we bought anyone yet?…. is there anybody there?

95. I’m waiting for paint to dry… how sad, but I’m listening to Annie

96. Hey Micky, when you can play the Viola as well as this geezer plays the guitar… you’ll be a star.. ha ha or you could just buy a Ferrari

97. I’m getting a bit morbid now another rack of the day after this.. when I can put another coat of paint on my canvas

98. I bet Micky, chas and Rasp are jealous that I can keep going all night ha ha… and that Cockie man with all his running and ab dabs is probably thinking “that 69’ner for a 61’ner can keep it up all night

99. oh dear, nearly time for bed when I started listening to this ha ha

100. I’m off to bed…. a good nights work and I hope peaches mum isn’t too upset 🙂

Match Day
    Attack attack attack
    Meow

LOOK what I found

“Arsenal are ready to make another attempt at signing Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani after he issued an ultimate over his role”

Phew, what a relief 🙂

I’ll keep looking. Maybe there are other expensive strikers who have issued an “ultimate” 🙂

Now is a good time for someone to come and save me from myself

105. Ozark Spaceman says:

I am here to save you from yourself, puny earthling.

Lie down immediately, close your eyes then think of Slack Alice and her wiles and that will rid you of any footling ideas of signing a bunch of no-hopers!!

Begone – and thank the mighty Ozark!

Morning All

BR returns to the land of the Vikings this evening and is looking forward to having more time on AA. (is it an early sign of dementia to write in the 3rd person?)

Have 20 mins to write a PM. Stop playing about BR…….

There is a ….

New Post

108. Coran says:

I don’t doubt his potential but he looked raw and made some bad decisions against Sunderland. Compare this to Iwobi who showed more maturity and made all the right decisions.

109. Gunner Smith says:

What Arsenal need is someone who can go straight into the senior team now not in 1/2/3 years time.With the epl prize attainable it will be naïve for Wenger to plan years ahead.
    The 3-3 draw shows Arsenal can easily succumb to the pressure and with it the title. I cant wait for the new guy to give the defence the lift it needs.
    Conceding late goals could prove fatal. Wenger better get the gunners to close down the game when leading. Easier said than done but a start has to be made otherwise forget about winning the epl.