Take a bow Jurgen Klopp…

It has interested me reading the reaction to Liverpool’s “celebration” of a 2-2 draw with WBA, Klopp led the team towards the Kop holding hands and apparently celebrating the win.

Was that really what happened?

This was first brought to my attention watching a roundup of the day’s action on the news, the presenter seemed to be winking at us with a grin saying “look at this, Klopp thinks a 2-2 draw is some kind of success”.

And then I watched the highlights on MOTD and I could hear the noise within Anfield before they equalised, and noticed the stadium looked very full.

Cast your mind back to a few weeks previous when Klopp said this “After the goal on 82 minutes, with 12 minutes to go, I saw many people leaving the stadium. I felt pretty alone at this moment. We decide when it is over. Between 82 and 94 [minutes] you can make eight goals if you like.”

So that celebration with the fans takes on a new meaning, they stayed to help the players achieve a result in the 96th minute, not a win, but more importantly not a loss. They did it together. And Klopp seemed to be asking his players to thank the fans rather than celebrate. Far be it from me to heap praise on an opposition manager, I am not sure about Klopp, but he certainly plays the media well and also it would appear his own fans.

I have read on these pages that you never hear fans being congratulated for a result but often blamed for a defeat. I think in that one comment after the defeat to Palace he has changed the mind of Liverpool fans about leaving early he asked them to look at what they were doing to help the team. And on the weekend they came good for him.

Maybe fans of all clubs can learn a lesson, I know many from this forum do not leave early but I really struggle to understand why there are so many empty seats at the end of every game at the Emirates, I have been there when we have secured qualification from Champions League but the fans are still more worried about their journey home than staying on to applaud the team off the pitch.

So well done Klopp, for changing the fans attitude at Anfield, undoubtedly we can’t expect Arsene to do the same, he has accepted it happens and any comments he might make in a similar vein would probably have mugfuls of scorn poured over them.

Who would the Arsenal fans listen to? Would it be Mesut, BFG, perhaps Rambo or Jack? I don’t really care who but I think one of them or maybe even Bouldy should come out and say something that can make a few Arsenal fans that leave early change their mind.

Gooner in Exile

282 Responses to Take a bow Jurgen Klopp…

1. Delia Block 30 says:

Not all fans live within the M25 or indeed on a tube or suburban rail line. I’m one of those rushing off to make the last train along with a crowd of other season ticket holders who journey up from Norfolk for every home game!

Funny Delia it’s where I travel from too, never failed to get home from a game, takes 45-60 minutes to walk from Emirates to Liverpool St

Last train to Norwich is 11:30pm midweek, which gives most of us an hour and a half to get back to Liverpool St, maybe an hour if there is midweek extra time.

The party’s over Byebye Jose

Jose Mourinho: Chelsea sack boss after Premier League slump.

To be absolutely honest I am not sure if it’s a good thing or not looking at it from the prospective of the top clubs in the EPL. Will Abramovich spend another few hundred million ? I have absolutely no sympathy for Morinho who has acted like a baffoon especially these past few weeks.

GIE, I don’t think things will ever change at The Arsenal. There are literally many people who may not live in Norfolk but travel even further and especially in midweek just have no option but to leave early and of course there are others who may live a stone’s throw from the ground who will always leave early.Our fans aren’t any more fickle than most but possibly we attract a lot of people from a very wide spectrum.

Unbelievable that the Chavs should get rid of their Chosen One.

Won the title just 5 months ago, still in the CL. It is further proof of Abra’s madness.

Next we will be told that is the medical officer who is to replace him (but we know it will be Ancelotti or Pep)

oh no, Jose is gone 😦 we had so much fun:(

7. Shubham says:

Quite brutal from Roman. I was thinking this fellow will get Chelsea relegated and create history. Also, we had a good chance of drubbing those mercenaries at the Emirates. Well it ain’t gonna happen now.

8. Wet willy says:

I take it Maureen has been sacked…. shamem would love to have seen him relegated 🙂

GiE – excellent post! I had no idea that that happened last weekend. Yep, Klopp is a very likeable chap and he won the Kop, half the job done.

personally I hate fans leaving early and I never do. Except during the West Ham defeat, the heart couldn’t take it any more.

Thierry Henry asked the fans back in 2006 not to leave early, I never forgot that. He said that the players can see the crowds leaving at the time when the team have to push themselves the hardest, at the time when they need the fans to lift them the most

is Mourinho going to go to ManU?? Surely not, but it could be great to see both Chavs and ManU relegated

GIE. I agree with your post.

There are fans who travel from far further away than Norfolk and stay to the very end. After all they have spent the week thinking about the game,paid a hefty fee for the ticket, enjoyed a pre-match drink and lunch/dinner, then anticipate the teams arrival etc.

Why leave 5 minutes early just to get ahead of the leaving crowd? It makes no sense at all.

Does anyone leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of a movie?

Do people not read the last 20 pages of a book?

Are there folk who leave the theatre 10 minutes before the final curtain?

12. Well that takes the biscuit in censorship…. you took off the photo I put on of Bum Butter… ffs,

Exile
    Superbly made point. Thank you
    Of course there some who genuinely have to leave early from a midweek game, as a few “last trains outa town” are very early, but this in no way accounts for the huge numbers.
    Look how many leave their seats to buy some fat five minutes before the first half ends!!
    The early leavers are the reason I love injury time goals at the end of each half so much 🙂

Raddy
    My wife and I left the Theatre at half time last week 🙂

Maureen fired, eh.
    Booooo. End of the fun. I do reckon Abramovich had no option if Maureen had lost the dressing room, but how much was his pay off?

14. Le Coq Monster says:

Oh well !…..unless Jose joins an EPL team or meet in Europe, Wenger still hasn`t beaten him in a proper competitive game ( please don’t mention charity thingy )!………Jose will probably be wanking over that even after being sacked !.

NB. Peaches Mum rule. That it is for cyclists is an irrelevance.

You call it censorship, I call it Jurisprudence.

We are planning to have a post about the way we run the site which will hopefully allow the readers and bloggers to discuss whether and how we monitor the site.

Micky. If you paid your babysitters beyond 9.p.m. you could stay for the 2nd half

17. Wet willy says:

If you are using jurisprudence Raddy…. then there are certain images posted on here in the past that should have been deleted. I call it inconsistant censorship. A post about it will be interesting.

18. Wet willy says:

And I’ve just noticed you took of my xomment with the F word…. fecks sake…. people say Fecking. fcuking, fooking… everyone knows what the word is, so what’s wrong with f-cking

Raddy
    No children were involved. We were away in the romantic City of Bath, and a hotel room awaited.
    I convinced her the play was shit, and we should head back to digs 🙂
    You, of all people, know the drill

NB. I am not looking for an argument. As I said we will discuss this another time.

If the majority decide that we should change the Peaches Mum rule, so be it.

Micky. Ah, the old “this play/film is rubbish” ploy. I should have guessed.

Well played.

Cheers GIE

Damn those early leavers. The only time I left early was about 10 years ago when playing Newcastle at home. I got a text on my phone from a guy whos Tax Return i had cocked up. When with kin he spoke a strange form of English and lived in a caravan, so naturally I was terrified.

“Can see yer, sitting behind yer, can see yer eating those wotsits, going to be coursing yous instead of that hare tonight, me fists were given to me by Jesus”

Even then it was an effort to leave. I was so scared that I was paralysed with fear. Half way up the aisle the medics came and put that white mask on my face to stop me hyper ventilating. Luckily for me this panicked a group of Japanese tourists so through the melee the Hare murdering Traveller couldn’t get to me.

Shame about Moronio, I truly believe he was close to developing schizophrenia. I am not a vindictive man, but it would have been nice to see two of him.

Martin is on a roll lol 😉

I am sure that I heard a mocking laugh while I was listening to the news of the Special Sacking – Arsene, of course, would not have been responsible – would he?

Jose signed a 4 year contract in August at €13m a year. Does this mean he will get a €50m pay-off?

Nice.

Doesn’t quite work that way, Randy.

If he gets a lump sum, the early payment is taken into a discounted cash flow calculation.
    The tax that he would have paid in full employment is also part of the calculation, as well as deductions being made if he gets a new job with the 4 year period – basically he or anyone in that position is being recompensed for potential losses.

It is also possible that the contract stipulates what he will be paid on early termination.

Quite a few unknowns.

Quite a few unknowns…a bit like you RA 🙂

Raddy
    I will try and pen a post for tomorrow
    Topic, the blog
    The “if” is how late I am tonight, as live now is the last day of Hawaii and the title will be decided
    How exciting for you all 🙂

Micky. You have post!

Hoping for a Fanning victory

Yip. The Aussie Fanning for me too
    He’s next up. If he gets through to the semis, it’s all over for Brazilian holder Medina, leaving compatriot de Souza as only other contender
    Fanning was the one attacked by shark at Jay Bay, then he lost his bro
    Won an all time epic round yesterday
    Surf smaller today, which doesn’t really suit him

Raddy
    I’ll only do this one if I do it properly, so no promises. No rush job

I am glad that you brought this subject up GIE, it really is thought provoking isn’t it?

I have been struggling all week trying to work out where I stand on it. I have come to the conclusion that although I understand that Klopp was trying to thank the fans who stayed, he should have done it in a slightly different way. If he had all the players go over to the fans and clap in a thankful manner then fair enough but to join hands, walk over to the fans and simultaneously lift; well, I don’t care what anyone says that is a celebration and 2-2 draw is not worthy of a celebration no matter what angle you look at it.

Kloppy, your honeymoon period is coming to an end.

Great post, GIE.

I’m sure I’m going to get a slap one day by singing ‘we can see you sneaking out’ to early leavers.
    BR’s 4.53 sums it up for me – why on earth pay for live entertainment and then not stay to see the end? It’s completely bizarre.
    I suspect the reason is that TV/Internet saturation means you can see everything when you get home anyway and not have the potential stress of a late goal against or having to queue 5 minutes for a tube. But surely, if that’s your attitude, why the hell go in the first place?

Just been watching the surfing, amazing stuff, I had no idea that all these events are right here at our finger tips.

What do you reckon?
    Mourinho learns from the Premiership master for six months how not to be a complete and utter tosser and then takes over our Club as a Wenger Jedi.

Nah, maybe not.

I reckon there is as much chance of that happening as I have of becoming Pope

Just had a quick look at Calamity Snapchat’s site, found one comment that made me chuckle. Someone was pondering the mountain we have to climb in order to get to the next round in the CL when it dawned on them that it is all Giroud’s fault that we now have to play what many regard as the best team in the world.

Bloody FFP, meddling so and so.

38. Herb's Army says:

Hi GiE

Good topical Post.
    Fans are more connected to their clubs in the Bundesliga because of their unique ownership structure. You need only to cast your mind back to Arsenal’s games with Dortmund in the CL to see how passionate their fans were and the level of noise they made. We’ve never seen that level of passion or noise from Arsenal fans.
    Jurgen Klopp probably heard the Kop in full voice long before he took over as manager, found it audibly inspirational, and was something he knew he could tap in to.
    If you watch highlights of the Bundesliga on ITV4, all German clubs do that at the end of every game.
    Is it tied-in with fan ownership?
    I don’t know, but it can’t be a bad thing, getting the fans involved.
    We might have a more competitive league than the Germans, but we’re living through a time when the majority of English fans feel disenfranchised and out of touch with their chosen club, largely through the amount of money involved, plus the over-sanitisation of our society as a whole.
    Brazil 2014 was the perfect example of this.
    Whilst our PM David Cameron couldn’t have cared less how our National side fared in Brazil, German Chancellor Angela Merkel was at every game from the first group match, and was seen visibly cheering and immersing herself in the whole World Cup experience.
    As a nation we have been programmed with a very different mentality to the Germans, which is why they enjoy more footballing success on a national level than us.

Herb

Interesting and something to think about as I have my whisky nightcap.

Should we adopt the German model?

40. Herb's Army says:

Hi Raddy

I don’t really know the answer to that, but on the whole their fans seem to be a lot more passionate and noisier than us English, both at club and national level.

41. Probably helps that German fans are entitled to free public transport on match days and match tickets are relatively cheap.

Although i have read how in some ways the latter holds the clubs back as they have quite a strict FFP model and by the fans demanding cheap tickets the clubs have to sell to survive (unless of course you’re Bayern Munich and have a much bigger income than the rest of the league from merchandising etc).

But the clubs were forced in to a change in the system after the “failure” of the team in Euro 2000.

Good article about it all here:

Thanks GiE, apologies for my late arrival. I like Klopp, he’s a maverick and not afraid to be different. I’m not sure he prepared the pool players for what he was about to do as they looked a bit sheepish 🙂

As regards leaving early, I wrote a post on the subject a couple of years ago and some bloggers were very defensive and explained why they had legitimate reasons for leaving early (rather like Delia in the first comment today), but I think the majority of those who leave early do so to get to the front of the queue for the train etc.

Not only do I think that supporters should stay to the end, they should stay to clap the players off the pitch.

43. Herb's Army says:

Thanks for the link GiE.
    That’s what you call a proper root and branch shake-up.
    They didn’t just accept failure, they forensically examined it and then put all the components in place to make it successful.
    But there were other factors, including the sports and social structures, which are clearly very different to ours, and would make it impossible for us to replicate.

Rasp i think it was spur of the moment, but as the fans stayed and they got a draw i think he decided it was time to thank the fans, as LB says perhaps he could have just led them there to applaud the fans, but don’t all players do that anyway?

Actually thinking about applause, does everyone else hate the way that most players clap the fans in that weird sideways thing. When did that become the way to applaud?

Chas
    Why didn’t you tell me you were doing graphs and shit
    I’d have been over here an hour ago 🙂
    Cat vid?

Oh, wait a minute, I think someone is taking the piss out of graphs and stats and dots and stuff.
    Bad. Very bad

Gotta go, soz.

That’s not a pussy cat, it’s a tiger or su’ink

56. Wet willy says:

It’s definately not a pussy…..

my cat loves my pitbull too, they are amazing dogs

58. Wet willy says:

Chas… what the fuck is all that graph stuff? What does it really tell us that we didn’t already know, Arsenal rare shoot from outside the box… walk it in to 3/4 yards and tap it in. Ramsey is one of the few, along with the Ox, who will take a stab from 25 yards.

What is the purpose of the “non headed goals by” graphics? Football is a dynamic game, goal opportunities come and go in a flash. Players have no time to think if they are in the right position and if they do they miss sitters

Would goalies benefit from seeing those graphics?

waste of time if you ask me

nb – snap 🙂

I told you yesterday, Mourinho will go to ManU

And you would be wrong, Eddie. 🙂

we shall see. What if Jose engineered his own fall at Chelsea?

BTW, where is stevepalmer? he loves a conspiracy theory

64. RA and Eddie…. neither of you are right or wrong… who knows, Man Utd may want to get rid of one loser to be replaced by another loser… we can only hope!

no nb – “neither of you are right or wrong” is false. I say Jose will go to ManU and RA says that he will not. One of us is right and the other one is wrong.

Hi GIE,

Did not get around to commenting much yesterday, and in truth the leaving early thing, altho’ interesting as a phenomenon affecting fans throughout the leagues, is one that I do not really have any particular views on.

Other than that, and allowing others to score points against those who do leave early, what is the solution? Perhaps the obvious answer would be to lock every one in until the game finishes?
    That smacks a bit like being told as a child you will sit at the table until you finished your meal (aka the stuff you hate, like cabbage) 🙂

Perhaps that should fit in with what I understand will be a Post/discussion regarding the ethos and monitoring of AA.

This blog is somewhat unique among other blogs for it’s laissez-faire attitude, with the exception of certs words, and in a way the final arbiters of that are the bloggers. If they do not like what they see on a supposedly football blog, they will soon shy away from AA.
    If they do like what they see/read they will continue to visit.

I do not know what data is available to the AA administrators, but if there is a base line available then that can be monitored against future ‘hits’ to detect a trend – my own observation, which is subjective, is that we have been losing dedicated bloggers for some time and there is only one way that can end. That would be a great pity. C’est la vie, I suppose.

Perhaps I should say that I did not intend to write the above, but responding to GIE led naturally for me into this ancillary matter and I seem to have spent the last 5 minutes morphing into Judge Dread.

Apologies if I have transgressed. 😀

NB and Eddie,

Let me say straight away I do not give a stuff where The Sacked One goes, my response to Eddie was purely flippant, as there is no evidence whether or not he will do that – rumours are that Benitez is on the verge of getting the sack at Real, and Moany is being lined up to take over – so, NB is right that in the abstract neither is right or wrong – someone will have guessed correctly, but that is a little different as in the longer term Eddie may well be right that he will end up at Yoonited – and one of us could care less.

So – you are both right! 🙂

68. RA… you should have said it was flippant then… then we’d know not to respond…. because what’s the point if you’re only joking… we need to be clear about these ‘fings’ 🙂

Eddie

I really don’t think Utd would touch Maureen. I remember a mate of mine “in the trade” so to speak saying that Utd had by far and away the slickest PR machine in football, and do a brilliant job on all things image.

Maureen may well win trophies, but he always leaves having upset local journalists and club officials, which in turn sours the club’s image

micky – very true, the Jose stinks lingers long after he is gone

I heard stories about ManU having angels guarding Roy Keane wherever he went to make sure he doesn’t slap a slapper or picks up a fight with another knacker

That’s interesting Eddie, do you have anymore info about Keane’s angels?

Since I’ve been in Nottingham, I’ve heard several stories about Keane being in fights in nightclubs here, especially when he first came over from the land of the bogs.

NB and Eddie
    I won’t post anymore of that analytics stuff. I just thought you might like to keep abreast of current trends. That was all.
    I was wrong.

Then again, I might continue to do so because the reactions from you old scrotes makes me laugh every time. 🙂

Just noticed the first comment up there.

Hmmmm, I suspected it, Delia is a secret Arsenal supporter, I like her a bit more now, gonna dig some of her books out.

76. ha ha someone called Fum Bucker can post but I put an advert for Bum Butter on here and it’s deleted….

77. Wet willy says:

LB… she’ll show you how to boil the perfect egg 🙂

78. Talking of Fum-bucker and Bum-butter…. I thought Micky was gonna do a post about the blog? Promise of so much but ultimately doesn’t deliver…. 🙂

LB – nope, that’s all I know. it is more or less what chas said – Keano was nothing but trouble. ManU paid huge sums to the press to gag them from writing about his behaviour in night clubs, and eventually they appointed some bods to follow him. Also, Fergie made sure that a car picked up Roy and took him to AA meetings outside of Manchester. It must have worked because when my Irish brother in law met him in a pub with the rest of the Irish team, Keane was sitting outside on his own drinking water. He was in a foul mood 🙂

nb @ 1:10 – this is because chas is a poof and therefore protected by the political correctness code. Nobody would dare to censor him in fear of being called homophobic. Whereas you are just a dirty old man, an easy target 🙂

81. The Arsenal fans are a disgrace. Many leave early even when the team put on on a great performance.
    If we had salvaged a draw at home to WBA and WENGER led the team to the crowd after the game, they would do do so in front of two men and a dog ! Just thinking about our fans makes me cringe and is a huge downside to the match day experience. You don’t see this at any other club, and I specifically look out for this when our London rivals West Ham, Spurs and CHELSEA are featured on TV.

martin – not all fans, only Ant and Duck

Offending tweet removed.

If my twitter name is going to be used against the site as an example of double standards, I won’t post tweets with it on.

You are wrong, Martin.

The Chelsea fans, perhaps understandably, have left early, in their droves, before the end of the last two televised home matches.

So what?

he is beautiful, isn’t he 🙂

Seriously Eddie, he has beautiful skin 🙂

I am so so pleased this week is over. All attention now on Monday and hopefully a weekend littered with heat maps, graphs, stats and other nice patterns 🙂

and body, so proportionate, not too slim, not too fat, just perfect all over

Arsene Wenger says there is the slimmest chance that Alexis Sanchez will feature against Man City.

Meaning………………………………………………..

Team sheet to face City so far.

———————-Undecided.

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

——Undecided Undecided Undecided

——–Undecided Undecided Sanchez

It would not be fair to name names, but Terry would find the following typical of the treatment some men suffer;

Now, see, this is how it went;

“Of course I won’t laugh,” said the Nurse to the patient, “I’m a professional. In over twenty years I’ve never laughed at a patient.”

“Okay then,” said X, and he proceeded to drop his trousers, revealing the smallest adult male organ the Nurse had ever seen in her life. In length and width it was almost identical in size to a AAA battery.

Unable to control herself, the Nurse bit her lip and tried to stop a giggle, but it just came out. And then she started laughing at the fact that she was laughing and fell on the floor gasping for breath as the laughter reached a crescendo.

Feeling very badly that she had laughed at the man’s private part, she eventually stopped laughing and composed herself as well as she could. “I am so sorry,” she said, “I don’t know what came over me. On my honour as a Nurse and a lady, I promise that it won’t happen again. Now, tell me, what seems to be the problem?”

“It’s swollen,” Bob replied.

She ran out of the room shrieking with laughter.

Women, eh? 😀

Your attempt at humour is better than mine RA

Actually as humour goes I think that Eddie’s 2.01 is absolutely hilarious.

thank you LB, but I don’t think chas thinks so 😦 which means my chances of seeing Messi in Feb are slimmer than slim

It is so quiet on here, LB, so I thought I would try to get a reaction. 🙂

So, talking about Terry’s the doctor here is how she was given some advice when she started;

— A young female doctor had moved out to a small community to replace a doctor who was retiring.

The older doctor suggested that the young one accompany him on his rounds, so the community could become used to a new doctor.

At the first house a woman complains, “I’ve been a little sick to my stomach.”

The older doctor says, “Well, you’ve probably been overdoing the fresh fruit. Why not cut back on the amount you’ve been eating and see if that does the trick?”

As they left, the young doctor said, “You didn’t even examine that woman? How’d you come to the diagnosis so quickly?”

“I didn’t have to. You noticed I dropped my stethoscope on the floor in there? When I bent over to pick it up, I noticed a half dozen banana peels in the trash. That was what probably was making her sick.”

The younger doctor said “Pretty clever. If you don’t mind, I think I’ll try that at the next house.”

Arriving at the next house, they spent several minutes talking with a young woman patient. She said that she just didn’t have the energy she once did and said, “I’m feeling terribly run down lately.”

“You’ve probably been doing too much for the Church,” the new young doctor told her. “Perhaps you should cut back a bit and see if that helps.”

As they left, the elder doctor said, “I know that woman well. Your diagnosis is almost certainly correct, she’s very active in the church, but how did you arrive at it?”

“I did what you did at the last house. I dropped my stethoscope and, when I bent down to retrieve it, I noticed the vicar under the bed.”

Boom, Boom.

Nice one RA

Sorry I haven’t been on today folks, just been busy doing other stuff 🙂

I’m more than happy to have chas’ tweets and not at all happy at the abuse he has received 😦

Rasp
    I don’t feel as though I’ve received any abuse.
    How anyone wants to react is up to them. I was fairly provocative, I suppose with the ‘old scrotes’ comment. 🙂

excuse me chas!! I abused you, doesn’t that count for anything 🙂

Ha, doesn’t count with you.

ha ha ha 🙂 you are a sport 🙂 🙂

doesn’t mean that I am ahead of DidIt in the queue for CL ticket?

While I, on the other hand, am absolutely delighted at any abuse Chas gets

Different strokes I guess 🙂

tired. g night. x

Fair enough chas, AA regulars are becoming an endangered species and the lunatics are taking over the asylum 🙂

Home or away?

Home or away?
    was addressed to her with her onesie on.

Who won the surfing?

We’re an endangered species now eh Rasp
    Nice. I like that thought. Our value merely increases 🙂
    Mind you, so does the allure of having us bumped off, stuffed, and mounted 🙂

And when I say mounted…. oh jeepers!!

De Souza
    Which is ok really. Nice bloke

Made a very emotional speech about being from very humble Brazilian background and how his brother bought his first surfboard for him for $5 which was a fortune for the family

Ah. just caught up.

Wow, great pic

Had second x-ray last week, so hoping to get back in the water next week. Cannot wait. May the winds be easterly

’till dawn

See I like the idea of surfing and used to love mucking about in the Cornish waters in the summer, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen the joy in surfing at this time of year…..how thick is the winter suit? And do you have the boots, gloves and balaclava too.

Aloha Exile

A winter suit is 6-5-4
    Summer 4-3-2
    More or less.
    6mm around body, 5mm front thighs, rest 4mm

See in Devon/Cornwall goes down to 8 degrees and up to 18 in sept

You wear the least gear you possibly can for ease of movement, but by feb, yes boots gloves and hoods

Surfing winter can be as much fun as summer if conditions perfect

Now for the outstanding news I was saving

My Viola has arrived with Rebecca (local Luthier) and the little fellow has new strings all set up, and my fitting (shoulder to chin stuff) is Monday morning. Now to track down Mrs Frith, and get in Lesson 1.

So by Monday pm, I will be a musician 🙂

Like the complete and utter tool, Erik.

So a mixed bag

hi Fiddler, good news about arm, I hope you can surf soon. not sure about viola, horrible squeaky noise. Guitar or sax are best suite for men

117. Morning bumholes… see chas didn’t feel that he was abused… it was only Eddie calling him a poof. Some are so sensitive on here, so Fumbucker is ok… it’s ok with me too, my gripe was why an innocent advert for a cream for cyclists was deleted. 🙂

Morning Eddie
    Only mixed news really. Still bits missing on both bones, and go back in 3 months. So possible bone graft or something then.
    One word of poor advice from Osteopath Lady was that possibility one or both of the metal plates could snap!!!

Snap? They haven’t exactly used F1 grade carbon fibre have they

nb – get over it.

there is a lot of talk about Mourinho being unfairly sacked. He is to receive £1m a month until he starts another job for max of 10 months. Peanuts!

Chelsea’s spectacular fall is very suspicious. What has actually happened to them?

Also, I bet you any money that Costa will be a much nicer player under new management

We’ve all been edited at some point NB. Deal with it, and stop being so unseasonal.

Tinsel up Baby 🙂

what? could snap? shit, that could be worse than the original injury. I thought they use titanium

My son has lots of metal in his leg and has been ok for many years. Mind you, small chance of getting injured while sitting on his bum 🙂

Eddie
    I think its as simple as Mourinho upset key players by taking no responsibility himself and passing the buck to whoever, whenever, he could. Very publically being the worst aspect. Result being the results 🙂

Personally, gutted he’s gone.

123. Seasonal good will is kicking in… 🙂 but still…

Micky with a bionic arm…. could improve the violin playing ha ha ha

124. Seasonal good will now kicking in…. I love you all really 🙂

Micky with the bionic arm…. could be amazing with a violin ha ha ha

Yeah, I thought specialist was sending out mixed messages. I always reckon (for me) being able to do a comfortable 50 push ups is a minimum requirement for surfing. I’m terrified of attempting one.
    Still, today’s the day to begin 😦
    Crunch

Tell you what NB, it does not feel bionic one bit. Weak as hell is how it feels.

Are you a musician as well as what I will be come Monday?

cannot improve on a violin noise. Only sittar is worse, sorry arnie

I am gutted that Jose was sacked too; Hiddink is bound to take them out of the relegation zone, shame.

jose was sacked, not gone micky. He is around, I can smell him. And as I said before looking for a top job elsewhere. There is only one club in EPL that is not considering bringing him in – that’s us.

“a comfortable 50 push ups” ??? oooohh, you is very fit 🙂

nb – I mailed you.

I am not fit at all. Some strength in key areas, but not fit. Don’t do running and certainly not cycling 😦

Has Hiddink been appointed?

Interesting that Rasp was saying that he thinks we are becoming an endangered species. I wonder if the numbers are down on other Arsenal sites as well, I don’t visit many others; well, actually I don’t visit any others. I used to keep an eye on Le Grove but now they seem to have lost their anti Wenger thing along with Gambon and Kaiser, two bloggers with polar opposite views to my own but at least they had views, what remains is pretty banal. I read the Arseblog articles that are posted on here from time to time, but I don’t understand their comments arrangement. Haven’t looked at ACLF in maybe three years, might have a look now, used to love Frank with his, catch phrase “You are a star”.

What did you used to do before blogs?

Just a thought that came to mind, I think it was provoked by what I was writing which was making me wonder why I visit Arsenal blogs. I do actually know, I have known for ages: the reason is I have to know or feel I know what is going on at Arsenal, its bordering on addiction, I will start to feel very uncomfortable if I don’t know, it is easily satisfied though, one quick look on here does the trick, has Arsene been in a car accident over night? Phew, cat vid, that’s OK, all is well.

Now before that I was one of those Englishmen who foreign news agents hated and probably still hate, the ones that go into the shops, open the back pages read it for about 10 minutes and then put it back. The French used to deal with it quite well, they used to staple the back pages together so when you opened it you tore the pages and were shamed into paying the exorbitant price they were charging for a grubby red top — lol, I still never paid for them though.

The other thing I am not sure of is, could this be used as a head line post? Seems like a ramble to me but then again, well I don’t know any more.

Can’t wait for Monday though.

COYRRG

nope, Hiddink wants more info before he accepts/rejects the offer. It would be fun if he stuck 2 fingers at Abra

Jose Mourinho has been made bookies’ favourite to become the next manager of Manchester United. There. Told you. Awaiting apologies

micky – strength in key areas? What are they?

the French stappled back pages together? ha ha ha, that is hilarious 🙂 Good job my Indian shopkeeper doesn’t know the trick – the twat watches me like a hawk when I try to glimpse at the Sun’s back pages. They don’t mind it at Tesco’s express 🙂

obsessed with Arsenal? No, of course we are not

LB

Your blogging habits are identical to mine (apart from aclf)

LeGrove is pointless without Gambon, and Arseblog comments layout is horrible. Here is superb. Comfortable and a great mix.

ps I thought your Sanchez plus 10 x undecided was very funny 🙂

Arms and stomach. 50 press ups. 50 sit ups. 10 mins. Exercise done.

I thought legs and bum muscle are key in surfing. But that is not what I was hinting anyway 🙂 bye, woods, dogs (2 only, 1 is dying 😦 )

137. Wet willy says:

LB

Interesting comments as to why we use blogs. For me it’s because living abroad I’m isolated from Arsenal chat with gooners… it’s a way of keeping informed about the club and also the batner…. I visit ACLF occasionally, and Posively Arsenal because when we’ve lost a game or are going through a bad patch… I go there to catch the positive vibes… no matter what 🙂 The Grove never… and ofcourse GunnersoreArse because we can still post Rack of the Day without offending anybody… ha ha ha sorry Rasp and Peaches Mum. 🙂

138. Wet willy says:

Bugger…. still come up as WW… need to get this sorted.

Morning

I think your comment should be used as a headline post, LB.

140. Is this better… think I’ve found the problem

Funnily enough NB, Le Grove makes me feel positive as I see clearly the utter pointlessness of negativity

Then I get back here feeling good about a defeat

Then I run into Crystals 🙄

off out for a while

142. It’s Saturday and I fancy watching a game…. Everton vs Leicester could be tasty but I reckon Stoke vs Palace could be a cracker… what do yous fink?

Man U v Norwich could be good……

Snow is gone, Eddie is gone, Erik is — where the hell is Erik?, Micky is gone, Chas is ….. cool, so time for another joke before they are banned too. 🙂

— Late in the night, Micky finally regained consciousness. He was in hospital, in agonising pain.

He found himself in the ICU with tubes in his mouth, needles and IV drips in both arms, a breathing mask, wires monitoring every function, and a gorgeous nurse hovering over him.

He realised that he was obviously in a surf-threatening situation.
    The nurse gave him a serious, deep look, straight into his eyes, then spoke to him slowly and clearly, enunciating each word and syllable carefully, “You may not feel anything from the waist down.”

Also speaking slowly, Micky managed to mumble in reply,

“Can I feel your tits, then?”

That Micky – tscch 😀

We created this blog in part as an antidote to LG – a sort of safe haven we could inhabit away from some of the vile stuff going on elsewhere.

The balance of attitude, footie bollix, other stuff and banter is our USP, but I think for some it is just too ‘cosy’ so they like to push the boundaries and challenge us into a reaction.

Football blogging has declined everywhere. One of the reasons (check out NN to see what I mean) is that people are trying to make money out of it so most of the headlines you click on are lies just to garner hits. Also tweeting has taken over from blogging in some areas.

AA can survive if we preserve its character and values. We have enough good people on here. Newcomers are always welcome.

146. Rasp… this is a great Arsenal blog… all the charactors on here have a good laugh, talk some footy bollo and post vids of silly cats and dogs. I don;t think anyone tries to push boundaries and challenge the admin into a reaction… it’s done tongue in cheek and frivolous like. The only ones who look for a reaction are Transplant and the big Coq… ha ha

rasp – amen!

RA – I am sure you posted your 9:55 with good intentions, but I am sorry to say that I was mortified to read it, it is sick.

I am the first to have fun at DidIt’s expense, but your comment is disturbing. Can we please have it removed?

148. The way I look at it…. if you go to a match at New Highbury, you’re gonna here some choice words from people sitting close to you…. can you monitor what they say? Can you ask them to stop? If you’re offended then you don’t have to go to the game… simple.

Rasp, what do you do if someone sitting next to you uses offensive language? And for that matter, what is offensive language? We’ve all grown up with English… all the banned words are part of out culture and we should embrace the diversity of English.

Happy Bottom – there is a fine line between being a little bit rude and vulgar, and it is all relative. I like swearing and don’t mind others throwing a few fecks here and there, but it is all about context.

Visualizing you with your wet penis was not appealing. Nor is thinking of chas bumming some fecks, but then again I don’t think of either of you 🙂

150. Eddie… you show me the fine line and I’ll show you a hypocrite, it’s only relative to the person who complains! 🙂

151. You can read a book and get more ‘F’s and C’s’ than you get on AA… what do you do… put the book down and refuse to read it? The language of Shakespeare , Henry VIII and Lizzy the first is something we should embrace. I remember reading The Pillars of the Earth and a charactor in that explains to her son about her ‘cunny’….. there are also quite explicite rape scenes in the book… should we not read?

152. D.H. Lawrence is turning over in his grave ha ha ha

I watched a video on youtube about a dog ripping a cat to shreds. I went bananas and sent some serious abuse to the front bottom owner of the dog who stood there recording the event and then posting it on youtube.

Then a couple of weeks later I watched my beloved Sir David Attenborough’s film about wild animals killing their pray. Person watching it with me suggested that I send some serious abuse to Sir David, who stood there watching, recording and posting it on national telly.

See, it is all about perspective. Call it hypocrisy if it makes you happy

154. h says:

Two totally different perspectives Eddie… one where a dog owner trains his dog to be vicious… hence it’s the owner who is the problem, not the dog. The other where animals are in the wild and behave in such a way to survive….. no real comparison. David Attenborough films the wild… the C@nt with the dog needs to be shot.

155. h… is Happy Bottom Bum Butter…

Morning all

sorry I missed you Micky 😉

Rasp has summed it up perfectly,all blogs have far less comments,twitter is more instant and of course global.

I wrote a pst a while back asking if there were too many Arsenal sites, and since we began AA the widget on the right of the page with other sites has further reduced.I would say 50% or more have gone or are just innactive.

happy bottom – you do not have to train dogs to attack cats. The man was walking the dog when it happened, it wasn’t a staged cat killing. Still, he didn’t do enough to stop it.

your fault kelsey

159. “he didn’t do enough to stop it” and Eddie, he filmed it and put it on U tube…. tells you more about the owner than the dog. fecking git…. I’d fucking batter the bastard.

Kelsey…. twitter, the end of the world ha ha

160. Blame Fumbucker for the twitter stuff ha ha ha

161. Le Coq Monster says:

Can you lot keep it down a bit !………………I was at the Company Xmas Do last night and have a splitting headache !……..I`m now going to do my exercise`s which starts off with 1500 abdominal exercises….Micky does 50 !…….what a poof !…………………..bet `69er does 1500 wrist and arm movements and that’s not including holding his wine glass !. hahaha

162. hey big Coq…. I’ll let you know that I can hold my glass of wine whilst at the same time doing 1500 + wrist and arm excercises. ha ha

163. Le Coq Monster says:

hahaha `69er !……..and that being in the wine aisle at your local supermarket !……..you ledge !.

pssshhhh…..rubbish news

Chelsea Football Club can confirm Guus Hiddink has been appointed first-team manager until the end of the season

R.I.P. Jimmy Hill.

best comment today – chas @9:56

Jimmy Hill. sad news for the family just before xmas. Football fans owe him a lot, top man,

R.I.P. Van Galling.

He just got pecked to death by the Canaries. 🙂 😉

Mourinho in at Man U ???

168. Le Coq Monster says:

As always I want the teams above us to lose, but I know a lot of you are in a Leicester love in !………at what point are you going to hate them like me….when it`s too late ! 👿

169. Le Coq Monster says:

Just to be consistent and show no favouritism ……..I hate all the teams below us as well !.

GN5 – Jose to ManU?? Never

Lets hope not Eddie as I think he would be a positive change for Man U – which would be to our disadvantage. But he is one of the best Managers in football and has an impressive resume (CV).

MU chose Moyes when they could have had Maureen last time.

Fergie had already told him in confidence that he was leaving and the job was his should he want it.

The board blackballed him.

United has been a club with certain values and traditions and my bet is as long as Charlton sits in some capacity at the club they won’t employ Maureen.

They don’t mind a manager that will win at all costs on the pitch, but they wouldn’t like the way Maureen conducts himself off it.

I’m beginning to think Guardiola will be at United come the start of next season. I think Chavs might get Simeone long term, and wouldn’t put it past Maureen ending up at Atletico Madrid but more likely PSG, especially if they don’t win CL this season.

173. Le Coq Monster says:

United have hit a total of seven shots on target in their last four Premier League home games . 😆

174. Le Coq Monster says:

To you Leicester lovers……them winning today(and last week against the Chavs) now makes our Monday night game a MWG !.

Wow, surprising results yet again

There is a down side to Utd losing, as Totnum crawl up into top four.

I mean, Leicester qualifying for the CL is one thing, but Totnum in that competition would somehow devalue it

Exile
    If it’s true that Pep has said he wouldn’t mind managing in England, then he could pretty much choose
    Chavs and Oilers would probably pay him the most AND give him the largest budgets, but Utd job comes with more pedigree.

I watched the Leicester game, thinking that Everton would be a bridge too far, obviously it wasn’t. The Leicester attack was superb and much has been written about it but what I would add from an Arsenal perspective is that their deftness of pass among the attack which often leads to a goal is as good as Ozil and certainly better than Giroud and Walcott. Their midfield including Kante is as good as ours, their defense including Fuchs is as good as ours and their goal Keeper is playing as well as Cech; so all in all, I would say that Leicester’s first team is as equally as good, maybe better, than the eleven that we start with on Monday. (Now there is something I thought I would ever write)

But there is the rub, of course, they do not have the kind of back up we have, the only thing that worries me is that last season proved that you can get lucky with injuries and win the league. Chelsea went pretty much the whole season being able to use pretty much the same eleven, they had no back up but didn’t need it.

Anyway, the chances of a club being able to go a whole season without key injuries is rare, I mean Tottenham winning the league rare. Vardy came off with ten minutes to go holding his hamstring, if they lose two more they will plummet. I wonder when they are playing Stoke?

yes LB, Leicester are bloody good and it is a dismal state of affairs if for us to win the league we have to rely on them being struck with some serious injuries.

I hope Jamie vardy is ok and plays every game till the end of the season.

This part of the season has been truly unprecedented – Chavs only 1 point above the relegation zone, Leicester, yes Leicester running away with the titles, City and united completely inconsistent….what is going on?? We just have to capitalize on this madness

179. Le Coq Monster says:

I personally hope Darth Vardy has an uncomfortable rectum accident with his Lightsaber !………come on you Gunners….not Leicester !…….get back to supporting our team !
    Every team is our competitor and none more so than any team(s) above us !.

We hate Leicester and we hate Leicester……… we are the Leicester haters !

We will follow the Arsenal over land and sea………and Leicester……….them fcuking bastards are getting everywhere !. hahaha

This is what 50 of each makes you look like.

who are they – the girl and the midget?

I’ve changed my mind about Leicester – they are a joke. They’ve had their fun, now its time to stop.
    I didn’t know Wasilewski plays for them, he is a great defender

Chelsea, lovely club.
    Fans booing Ivanovitch before the game- I hate him, but he has done so much for them over the past few seasons.

Players deliberately throwing games to force Mourinho’s exit. Again, I hate him, but for professionals to do it so blatantly is wrong.

JT had to be behind the revolt, it started around the time he was subed

Yes, good morning it is.

50 of each 🙂

Both of the Leicester pens were dodgy and their third was blatant handball. Their spawniness will run out soon. 🙂

he looks like he’s on steroids, not nice at all.

a doll:

Ah the luck and ref old chestnuts 🙄

Talking of which, time to email Erik

The girl is Hillary Clinton and the midget, Valbuena.

darling – we’ve been saying it since September!

where is steve

valbuena 🙂 I’d seen him at the ems, he is not THAT short

It was a joke about Leicester, Eddie.
    No-one seems to be talking about their run of tricky fixtures anymore.

Steve has been subsumed by a pike.

That’s true Chas about Leicester
    I mean, we got about one point from our easy run 🙂
    The league has never been so poor, and I think it was GB who said, now or never

Greatest Album cover of all time came up last night.
    I won 🙂

Love the goal celebration
    To no-one 🙂

joke? ok, got it 🙂

they play as if they actually enjoyed it, crazy

Oh Dear Lord Chas
    You’ll set the NB/Cockie “why do we get censored” whinge off again with that little number 🙄

LB, LB, LB AWAKE YE, for I have a question for you

You’re offered a one time swap, Jack for Cesc right now. Would you?

Ha ha ha, that cover is a contender for sure 🙂
    Mind you, if anyone here was to agree with my choice, it would be you or Ant (not Pistols)

Cesc pissing off the chav fans definitely takes him up in my estimation.

From minus 2 to minus 1.

Chas,
    Ah, THAT photo
    Was it in the RB Book I sent you, because he prints Penny Smiths stuff, which is essentially that one pic 🙂

Then I look at this……………..
    back down to minus 2

Nope, not that one

No, wasn’t in that book.
    If it was, it would now be on my wall in a frame. 🙂

I would swap them
    Season of goodwill and repenting 🙂

Yeah, but you’d sell your granny for an expensive striker.

Great pic I agree. When I went to the book launch in London, there were prints of his work on the walls for sale, and I think that one was about a grand!!!
    Asked him to sneakily print me off a “silent one”, but he simply wouldn’t have it.
    I even made him Oscar’s Godfather in the hope of prints. Didn’t work 😦

Right era, wrong covers

Correction. Ant should defo get it

Metal Box 🙂
    Bye

Oohhhh my head. I am never drinking again…….ever.

Did I really say that I would swap Cesc for Jack, don’t remember that.

I understand why many Arsenal supporters dislike Cesc, but I don’t. I think of it like Liam Brady for example, he played for West Ham doesn’t change my admiration of him. Charlie George, Derby and a perm, aint going to change my mind.

Fabregas needs a world class striker in front of him, last season Costa was that, this season, obviously not so much and without that Fabregas looks average.

Chelsea supporters are not smart enough to realise this.

I am not sure that Cesc would fit in at THOF any more, Giroud is not world class by any means, Ozil makes him look better than he really is.

Although, thinking about it if we played with Sanchez as a number nine then that would work with Fabregas.

Actually, that thought eased my hang over a tad.

On with the day.

Understand what your saying LB, Cesc is a fine player. I dont dislike him but he is a snivelling little Rat with a twitch. No body wants there Rodents to possess such a trait. A twitching rat heralds the coming of the apocalypse and a Chelsea victory.

Every time I see Fabregas hes either waving an imaginary card, diving, or bending the refs ear in search of cheese.

Charlie left because we no longer wanted him. He was so embarrassed to be playing for Derby, he permed his hair so no one would recognize him. He now works for the club, advising the youngsters on how to shoot and how to avoid hairstyles that make them look like they wear there wives clothes.

Liam is beyond reproach. Our greatest ever player. That day our eyes met at Winchmore Hill underground and he smiled at me, it was like that 1945 film brief encounter. We both knew our love was wrong. We were both married, he had a job as chief scout and I was building a glittering career as an Accounts clerk. Plus, I dont think Liam was bent.

Yes, if we hadnt both been wearing hats and met in Black & White, things could have been so different

Every one of your comments Terry is a mini piece of art.

LB
    Brady going to West Ham when he was past it, seems a little different to Fabregas, in his prime, going to Abramovic and Mourinho’s Chelsea to me. 🙂

I completely understand and respect your view Chas, I am not trying to change it, I just don’t share it.

Pool currently losing 2 nil 🙂

What are the chances of the top 4 at the end of the season comprising, Arsenal, City, Leicester, totts?

Yep, I know, LB. 🙂

I couldn’t just leave it as though this site thinks Cesc is ok.
    Just imagine if some new unsuspecting punter saw rubbish like that on the blog on their first visit.
    Reputation tarnished forever. 🙂

It’s the lad behind making me smile.

3-0!!!!!!

Klopp’s in the sack race 😆

I’ve just looked on google images and 3 of our Christmas post images come up in the top 10 😀

Nice one, Rasp.
    Maybe the faces one needs updating sometime. 🙂

I wish you a Mezut Christmas 🙂

I was thinking the same chas …. all of those players have gone – 3 without much grace, but at least Arsene is still with us 🙂

You know you had a good night when the hangover kicks off at 4pm.

only Wenger is still smiling

GiE – were you on a piss with LB?

Eboue …. Legend 😆

That is a really funny site.

Eddie….I had a clients Christmas do at what I thought was a classy establishment, whatever class it had was gone by the time we left, along with most of our dignity.

I blame the DJ, if they insist on playing crap music that you can only dance too once you’ve had a skilful they only have themselves to blame!!

235. Le Coq Monster says:

Just back from Star Wars the Force Awakens !…….loved it !….cant wait for the next two in the new trilogy !……………………..I wont give anything away in case some of you are going , but take a hanky and it wont be for knocking one out in the back row because of some new half naked totty !…..and I don’t want to use mine again tomorrow night if we don’t win, two uncontrollable crying sessions in two nights is not on, so a MWG or the bastards Leicester will run away with it, fcuking Syphilis Lords !

236. D.I.L.Y. says:

Why do people always big-up certain players, and put-down other players by claiming ” he need a world class striker in front of him” and “Ozil made him look better”. It’s fine if you love this or that players, but don’t belittle others just to prove your point. And use every opportunities to do so. Weird.

Nothing weird about it at all Dily, quite normal really in the world of football to rate certain players higher than others, even more normal when you consider that this is an Arsenal blog and one of its principal purposes is to discuss the merits of the players.

Where do you stand on Cesc?

“A” Still hold some respect for him as an ex-Arsenal player?

or

“B” Sold his soul to the devil?

238. Shard says:

LB

B

But not because he joined Chelsea. Rather the manner he engineered his transfer to Barcelona…. and that he joined Chelsea 🙂

LB I’ll answer that.

B he sold his soul

But a return in January following a”come and get me Arsene I was so wrong I’ll play for food and water” might change my mind 🙂

In truth I was wondering about your thinking that Cesc wouldn’t make our team because of Ozil, Cesc is 28, Santi 31, Arteta 33… that’s the role he could play for us for a few years with ageing legs but still a good passer and able to get time on the ball when others don’t.

However I know it’s unlikely.

240. Aaron says:

As Siri says I choose B
    he, like all the other petulant little rats- deserve what they got!
    nasri rip van hleb cesspool clicchEE and how many others during
    if those tools would have stayed, Arsenal most likely would have a few more trophies in the cabinet-it was a decade of small mindedness..
    Cant stand players like that-grass is always greener crap just ask song how it is going right now…

Costa and Hazard are getting it from Chavs fans as well as Cesc 🙂

Right, Le Big Day est arrive and all that

Report to pen right now, a meeting at nine, “The Fitting” at 10:30 and home for a day of wiff waff and massive game build up

LB

No problem with Cesc going to Barca (if you’d served your footballing apprenticeship at say Utd, and then Arsenal came calling, what would you have done? 🙂 )

Then the Chelsea move. For me, that was sad in a tragic sense more than anything. I cannot believe he wouldn’t have preferred a move to us. So like Exile said, the slightest whiff of I’m sorry I made a stinker of a decision, and he’d be back in January

And he can bring Hazard as well 🙂

Chas
    Your 2:27 Watford fan at Pool. Fat Sam’s younger brother?

GiE – I never had you as twinkle toes 🙂

is Klopp a flop or is it too early to tell?

Eddie
    It’s technically too early, however, way more fun to run with your Klopp is a Flop line 🙂

micky – it might be fun for you, whereas I have an unhappy scoucer in the shower not singing.

Andy Murray BBC’s sports personality of the year. I like him, but personality of the year?? My ironing board has more character

Sorry Eddie, can’t chat.
    Back this afternoon.

249. Le Coq Monster says:

Eight year bans for Septic Bladder and Pratini !…………………………give me the kind of money they have been back handing and syphoning and I`ll take a life time ban !.

full kit onanists