The January Transfer Window is coming

It’s the 16th of December today, 9 days to Christmas, but more importantly only 15 days and a few hours before the January transfer window opens. Personally I am not a great fan of mid-season signings as they often need time to settle and before they hit the ground we are at the end of season.

However, there are times, that due to various circumstances clubs need to strengthen their squads before the season is over. Arsenal have injury problems and if they want to win the league in May they probably could do with at least one signing. Chelsea have an Armageddon on their hands and need to buy big to avoid relegation.  Pool need strikers, Tottenham have no class, Leicester have no depth and might want to buy a couple peripheral players, and so on. It is going to be busy in January.

But never mind all the others, we have our own agenda. It has been widely reported that we want to buy a couple of Leicester players and not necessarily Jamie Brilliant Vardy. Mehrez who has no problem finding the net and Kante. Kante was Arsenal’s target before and could be brilliant alongside Ramsey and Ozil. However, the Foxes will be looking to buy, not to sell, so I think we can forget these two great players.

There are rumours that Arsenal are chasing Denis Cheryshev (24 year old Russian) the Real Madrid winger and Adrien Rabiot (20 year old gorgeous Frenchman) the PSG young midfielder as well as Alex Grimaldo (20) Barcelona B’s left back.

There are other names, other gossip of players who want a move to the Emirates as well as malicious rumours of Nacho and Alexis going to to Spain in January.

We know it is best to ignore any rumours, but there is no harm in expressing an opinion of which position we would like to strengthen.

Do we really need anybody else – the squad is formidable and the best since the exodus of the early years of the 21st century. Do we need more strikers, given the brilliant form of Ollie? How about a couple more small Spanish midfielders?

You tell me

And finally I would like to congratulate Leicester City FC – well done guys! You make us believe in football again.

Written by Eddie

96 Responses to The January Transfer Window is coming

1. Le Coq Monster says:

I must answer my piss artist friend from previous post !. 😆

Going to my school Daniel St ( became Daneford School ) in Bethnal Green and living in Vallance Road, Bethnal Green, having a snooker club in Bethnal Green` and a “business” friend of my old man makes them from Bethnal Green in my eyes, not too mention one of them having their funeral carriage drive down Bethnal Green Rd to on looking 1000`s gives them Bethnal Green heritage IMO……although, being born in Hoxton means they are dead to me !. 😆

2. A post from Her Royal Highness… I will do a virtual bow !

3. Wet willy says:

Coq

You can’t change where you’re born mate… the Krays only moved to Bethnal Green and the East End because Islington was too tough, just check out the Reillys and the Adams. Then you’ll understand why the bum stuffers moved to Bethnal Green. 🙂

4. Le Coq Monster says:

Thanks Eddie.

Between now and the end of the window, I have no doubt we will be linked with in excess of a 100 players and am in no doubt that we will buy at least one or two.
    Lets be honest here and put to bed the nonsense of some AAers thoughts that any purchases will have some players unhappy and warming the bench !……..so fcuking what ?………use the peanut sized thing in your head !……………if we buy Messi and Giroud warms the bench…..get what I`m saying here brain of Britain`s !……..hahaha

5. PV4 says:

I would break the bank for Isco – a class act that deserves better than a bench warming job.

6. Is Kalstrom still on the market?

7. Le Coq Monster says:

`69er !,,,,,obviously you are to inebriated to think straight !…….they were only 5 when they moved to Bethnal Green !…..fcuk me !… there must have been gun toting, knife wielding, psycho 5 year olds in Hoxton then !………get off my turf you slag or I`ll cut your poofy brother with a sherbet lemon ! hahaha

8. And yes…. there were gun toting, knife wielding psycho 5 year olds in Hoxton… I was one of them 🙂

9. Le Coq Monster says:

If they were in Hoxton to 5 years olds did they support the Arse as well as liking the Arse ?……….or did they become poofy iron fans ?. 😀

10. Le Coq Monster says:

Lucky you didn`t venture over to my Bethnal Green turf then !…..you might have been a year older, but I was a dirty little fcuker and could bring tears to the eye`s of bigger opponents with my expert use of a Jubbly to the Jacobs !…,….YOU `OXTON SLAG !. HAHAHA !

11. Reggie and Ronnie can answer that Cockie… not me!

12. Now now Cockie… no need to get aggressive 🙂

13. Le Coq Monster says:

I`ll just get on the Ouija Board then to ask them !………..is there any shirtlifting psycho gangsters there ? .

14. Their dicks were so small that the boys they were bum shifting said, ‘Is there anybody there’ ha ha 🙂

15. Peaches and Rsp and Peaches Mum… I will stop now, it’s that Cockies fault… he leads me astray!

16. Le Coq Monster says:

Got to go, `69er !……have to clean out the Stables for missus`s fcuking horses…..pain in the fcuking arse`s…..I`d love to get rid of them and even send you their heads for you to wake up next to, but, I know you would head fcuk them, you bestiality bum banger !. hahaha
    Later !.

Thanks Eddie, thought provoking post 🙂

I’d love Mahrez, but we are very strong in his part of the pitch. Kante was a real bargain for Leicester and I do think he’d fit in well at Arsenal. I’d actually be a bit disappointed if Leicester sold any of their players to the ‘big’ clubs, the fairy tale of their season should carry, no selling out.

I’m thinking that a DM is the only possible purchase we may make and even that is extremely unlikely. Top players only tend to move in January if they are almost out of contract, not getting games or have fallen out with their current club – I don’t know of any top quality DM’s in that position.

Rasp – Krychowiak, Carvalho, Bender, Ruben Neves(?) There are good DMs who’d love to join us

After drawing Barca, Wenger must have realised that we need to strengthen

ha ha ha, Wenger said he doesn’t know what is Black Friday 🙂 he invented it!!!
    Wenger looked puzzled when he was asked about Black Friday – “No, I don’t know what it is,” he said – but he was happier to discuss his love of a bargain. In his opinion, value on the market is linked directly to quality, which is why he considers Mesut Özil, the club record £42.5m signing from Real Madrid, who is in top form, to qualify as a bargain.

19. Wet willy says:

yea, fuck off and deliver your pies, you fecking dildo. You were born n Bethnal Green… I bet your family were West Ham supporters but by the time you reached your pubity you realised they weren’t gonna win anything so you changed to the Arsenal… fucking traitor to your manor ha ha 🙂

Well I agree that Ozil was a bargain, I just don’t think Arsene could resist him as he is exactly the type of player he loves. I doubt he has the same passion about defensive midfielders somehow 🙂

Will we pull the Rabiot out of the hat,Eddie

22. RC78 says:

Honestly – we can’t get a top top player during the transfer window but there are TWO players whose contracts are coming to a term and that may be tempted:

– Xabi Alonso from Bayern Munich – what a player! He has won everything at Club and country level and knows the EPL. One of the best passers and a good DM/CM.

– Miguel Veloso from Dynamo Kiev – he is a solid DM, a regular performer at both club and country level. I think he can be tempted for sure. He cannot play the CL but to be honest, it is ok. He would be a good addition to our squad given his range as DM, CM and given our injuries to Coquelin and Cazorla plus the frailty of both Arteta and Wilshere.

My vote goes to Veloso since Xabi Alonso will most likely want to finish the season with Bayern but after that, why not replace Arteta with Alonso? One Spanisard for another.

23. RC78 says:

Kelsey – best bad joke of the day 🙂

I am afraid Rabiot will stick to my home team: PSG! Allez Paris!

I hope that you will also support PSG vs Chelsea in the CL 🙂

On Rabiot – he is a quality player for his age and has huge potential to be a player like Ramsey. However, he is conceited and wants to be starting all games…In Big Clubs, you need to prove yourself day in day out. He has not done that unlike Motta, Matuidi and Verratti who start for us in the middle of the park…but he can now challenge them at least…But if he plays regularly (like 20 games a season as a starter), he should not complain but he does…

24. Le Coq Monster says:

Hahaha `69er……………………you wouldn`t believe the amount of stick I got from my wife`s family about supporting Arsenal instead of West Ham and it was only in recent years with Google maps that they believed me that Arsenal was about 2 1/2 miles closer than West Ham !……I then turned it back on them that they didn`t support their nearest team !……..Chiltern Street, Bethnal Green to AFC…..no club closer than that !

Most Premier League points in 2015:

Arsenal (75)
    Man City (68)
    Leicester (63)
    Man United (63)

If we are looking to buy a certain type of player to reinforce the squad right now, it would make sense to bring him in at the start of January so we have his services for as many games as possible.

I know that contract negotiations don’t always work like that 😕 and any way, we’re not going to buy anyone.

I do believe that as long as we don’t suffer any further key injuries (flying pig?) I think the squad we have can cope. If Flamini gets injured we could be in trouble.

He obviously loves to play football because apparently he’s a multi millionaire?

27. Shard says:

Ooh.. An Eddie post. Lovely jubbly.

Personally, I think we’d be looking at

1) midfield (because of injuries and because Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky are on their way out) This’ll be either a loan signing to cover for injuries, or a long term signing such as Xhaka, Rabiot, or Neves. The latter will also depend on how Wenger rates Chambers, Bielik, Hayden and Maitland-Niles in the DM role in the near future.

If we can’t get a long term DM target, and Chambers is impressing at DM in training, we might even sign a more attacking type midfielder to ultimately replace Rosicky, and fill in for Cazorla and Wilshere, rather than a DM.

2) attack
    I think here we’d be open to signing an experienced 28-29 year old who can come in and make an immediate impact, play for 2-3 years, but not block the path of the likes of Welbeck, Ox, Campbell, Gnabry, Akpom etc for too long. Basically, an impact signing. Could be a loan as well, from a club not in the CL.

Hi Eddie,

Transfer speculation is what sells Red Tops and it’s so off the wall that it’s simply imaginary – so I usually avoid commenting. However given that our two 1st choice midfielders are both out until around February then we have an obvious void that needs to be filled.

I have no idea who the best buys would be but I’m confident that AW has already sniffed out his choices and I would anticipate a signing early in January – hopefully a big and pleasant surprise !

29. Le Coq Monster says:

Don’t jinx it Kelsey !………Dennis knows how many seasons we have had the most points in a calendar year which seems to gets Arsenal supporters into pre-mature ejaculation, but it usually counts for diddly squat, it`s all about the most points in a season which counts and that is 11 years and counting since we last had them points that matter !

RA, your monster (over)full English breakfast certainly sounded like a heart attack on a plate – but what a great way to go 🙂 🙂 🙂

Cockie – these are our next 13 games and I believe that this is the period that will determine if we are contenders or pretenders. :/

Manchester C H
    Southampton A
    Bournemouth A
    Newcastle H
    Liverpool A
    Stoke A
    Chelsea H
    Southampton A
    Bournemouth H
    Leicester A
    Manchester U H
    Swansea A
    Tottenham A

Our final 9 games are a lot easier – it’s a very comfortable run in – until we bump into Man C. 😡

W.B.A. H
    Everton A
    Watford H
    West Ham A
    Crystal Palace H
    Sunderland A
    Norwich H
    Manchester C A
    Aston Villa H

I could have written twp posts about the 22 games still to be played but right now I am hog tied for time – maybe I will when it’s a little more convenient.

That would be good GN5, about time you pulled your finger out 🙂 😀

Right Eddie…..what to do with this?

I think there are two clear vacancies in our squad, and just so happens we have two squad places available. That is until June when a couple of old’uns retire and a couple of youngsters require naming.

If Gnabry is not developing and therefore there is no point recalling I think we need another wide man. My choice would be one of three, Mahrez, Bolassie, Zaha. I think it’d be Bolassie or Zaha for me.

The other position would be DM/HM preferably a player who can break up and pass out, you know a Gilberto type.

Look at Leicester look what team spirit brings, we have a settled squad so let’s not upset that balance by bringing in too many stars. Look at United over last two seasons if you want to see what buying superstars does.

36. Le Coq Monster says:

I`m afraid, GN5…..unless Kelsey`s crystal ball is fanatical goner, it is always going to be OGAAT for me. It would be interesting to see if any of AAers comments trying to predict our so called easy run ins in the past have come to fruition !………you have probably done it yourself ( apologies if wrong ) in as above listing Arsenal`s fixtures and been possibly on the optimistic side as to their outcomes, only for it to go drastically wrong at some point…..usually the injury jinx denying us our rightful place at the summit !.
    Although I wont complain if you do such a predicting post as it will be interesting to see how it pans out …………………I for one am always pessimistic when Arsenal play and expect the worst, but I do have a nice Sofa for the company in each stressful game !. hahaha

37. Le Coq Monster says:

fanatical goner ! hahaha

38. Le Coq Monster says:

Gooner !

39. Le Coq Monster says:

Bolassie and Zaha…..both Gooners !.

Hi GN5,

Good to hear you have a couple of Posts in mind, and as Rasper said they are always welcome. 🙂

You are certainly right about the breakfast I mentioned earlier, not something I would necessarily recommend, but I am always having to watch my weight and pretty much only have a couple of slices of toast and coffee for breakers.

However, every three weeks I allow myself the luxury of the type of breakfast I mentioned, or similar – not that it is a gut-buster for a guy my size – 🙂 and my weigh,t which does fluctuate, has settled at around 18 stone over the last 4 months.

So anyone tempted — don’t do it – it is not healthy – but it is delish! 😀

41. Le Coq Monster says:

I just hope this Leicester loving amongst AAers doesn`t bite us in the backside come the final table !……personally, I hate all other teams, especially any above us !………………”we hate Leicester and we hate Leicester, we are the Leicester haters !”…..ahhh that’s better !.

thanks guys, interesting spectrum of opinions – we don’t need anyone, we need 1, or 2 or 3.

I would like a couple of defensively minded players now. If the regularas are back from injury, the new dudes can keep the bench warm, watch, gel, do the pre season and be solid team players by August/

But my bet is that it won’t happen.

For myself, Eddie, I would be more interested in who AW lets go in the summer.

Everyone seems to believe that Rosicky, Flambo and Arteteteta are candidates to walk the plank, but Arsene is never predictable and it would not surprise me if they stayed on to give ‘balance’ to the squad from an age perspective.

Or maybe when the Chavs sack the “Demented One’ they will make an offer Arsene will be unable to resist – and he will manage them – or perhaps he will resist and tell them to get stuffed – yup, definitely the latter one. 😀

44. Le Coq Monster says:

Remember also my devilishly demented deluded nes !…….Arsenal are being probed by UEFA and could face a Barca type ban, so it makes complete common sense to spend the £240M ( it started at £228M, according to Kels, but I like to add on the interest daily ! ) in January.

I’m not into predictions but I feel that AW will, at least, add another midfielder – as it’s a glaring need right now. If it does hamper the growth of another player or two than so be it – _-

46. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha, Eddie. Nice one. 🙂

post-Boxing Day shopping list? 🙂 Cannot complain. 🙂 Based on last week, I would like Vardy and Ranieri please. Money no matter. Plenty in teh chest. 🙂

no you wouldn’t arnie. Anybody who loves football would like Leicester to win the league. I would feel dirty if we poached any of their players.

is it really all Ranieri’s doing? I think that the horrible Nigel Pearson built this team

Chelsea board meets to discuss Mourinho, I hope they wont’t suck him now, Christmas could be so much fun

sack him. I am the one who is sucking up to chas and ant.

50. Le Coq Monster says:

Call me dirty, Eddie, but If I thought any of the Leicester players would improve us then this dirty bastard would buy them…………and I`d be really pissed off if they win the league instead of us……obviously that goes for any team that wins the league instead of us !…….and at the moment they are the one`s stopping us topping the table, so……….” We hate Leicester and we hate Leicester, we are ( well I am ) the Leicester haters !”……………….ahh, an afternoon Leicester rant, it`s like being hugged by a lesbian Buddhist !.

le monster – I don’t believe you!! Leicester are all there is to be loved about footy

52. Le Coq Monster says:

Cheers Eddie. a rare foray on for me due to work schedules.

I would split the consideration of any required addition of players into 2 categories:

1 numbers or quantity of players, i.e the number of players we have to cover any position.

2 the quality we have in each position.

Numbers wise I think we are well covered in every position, arguably the DM position aside. The fact that we are coping with the huge numbers of injuries is an indication of our squad depth numbers wise. In fact I would say that we have the deepest squad in the EPL and no other team would have coped as well as we have done with the equivalent injured players.

Recruitments are not that essential IMO just to make up the numbers. Maybe 1 in the DM position, but maybe not if Flamini continues to play well and Chambers shows any aptitude for it. It could be a position to more address in the summer now.

Quality wise is where I think we need to look. Now I believe we have a very high quality squad personally, one that is fine (injuries aside) to compete for the EPL. I don’t however think that our squad matches the top 3 in Europe currently, but also is not far away.

Much of the squad does stand up to scrutiny with Bayern, Barca and Real IMO, but I look at every one of their positions as being top level, while I think we have 3-4 positions that are in the next tier down. For me that is all it takes for them to have the consistent edge in games over us.

Having said that I think beating Barca is doable but we will have to get the tactics and set-up spot on, play out of our skins and pull it out of the bag. Across a consistent run of head to head games with our current squad we would lose more than we win.

It all depends on whether we are just happy to be where we are currently or whether we want to try and get to that top tier level in Europe as to whether we try to upgrade certain positions.

One thing I do feel is that the next 12 months or so and any success will depend on how we assess the quality of our squad. I think if we over-estimate certain positions and certain players and stick where we are then we will stand still.

I also have a gut feeling that players like Sanchez and Ozil will be looking at what AW is doing with regard to their future with the club. These are players that the top Champions League contending sides will want now. Are we planning and progressing towards being a Champions League contending side, rather than just also ran participants, from here on.

Eddie, that initial comment would make quite a valuable photo 😉

Eddie says:
    December 16, 2015 at 4:06 pm

perhaps roast him the old turkey 😉

Maybe Terry or Cockie would volunteer 😉

57. Kels, my dear friend. There is nothing funny about my household. The building is divided between me and the Mrs, and we communicate by post

Theres an eerie feeling to the gaff now. Cold and distant, as though someone is watching you. Thats me, I have peep holes and hidden cameras every were. i like watching my estranged wife undress and fantasise about not making love to her.

The only time there was any action recently was when a Poltergeist decided to take a visit. He looked exactly like Barry Manilow and tried to scare me off with his singing. Ime so depressed these days though, I didnt give a shit, so just joined in by playing piano as he sang and threw around my underpants.

After a few days he got so narked off, “Bloody hell, ime not staying here, this place is deader than me”

The other day I saw the neighbours driving off with a packed car of possessions and valuables. They looked really upset, the women was crying. As they sped off, I could hear copacabana blaring out of there living room.

Cheers Eddie. No additions for me, we cont need anybody. We will win the league with what we have. Plus, I dont trust strangers.

Thanks, Eddie.

If we go for one player, I’d imagine it would be a DM type on loan.

If I set my expectations at no new signings in January, then I can only be pleasantly surprised if we do sign some quality.

I realise that this type of attitude never led to any innovation or progress in human society at all, and, without you risk-takers and analysers, nothing of worth would ever be achieved, but I’ve found, on a personal level, it is sound practice for leading a happy life.

happy and boring? don’t you ever get fed up with routines, baps with cheese and sliced cherry tomatoes, Ant and daily trips to the salon?

Nope.
    Hey, I’m the sane one. 🙂

Possibly my favourite tweety thing ever……

Life can be fun when all you need to smile is a cat revolving around a pole, looking at a chap in blue shorts.

You don’t often get a chance in the Premier League to score a goal like this, but when it does happen, it soothes your senses and makes you believe the world isn’t really a harsh place full of idiots.

Right, off to annoy someone else.
    Ta-ra.

Really well structured post Eddie, as Rasp says very though provoking.

I don’t think we will add to the attack

I don’t think we will add to the attacking midfield

I don’t think we will add to the defense

But I do think we will add to the defensive midfield.

In what way I am not sure but reading above I don’t understand why people ridicule the signing of Kallstrom; he was brought as back up, a just in case signing, a player that you almost hope you won’t need but invaluable if injuries turn out to be worse than you expect.

I mean, in an ideal world, Flamini holds the fort until Coquelin returns, but if both those players get injured with three games to go and we are league leaders, what value do you put on an experienced midfielder who has been happily sitting on the bench for three months that can come in for the final three games to hopefully steer us to the league tittle. Rhetorical question, the answer is a lot.

Some may say why not sign someone better, there is no doubt that if a better player wanted to come to Arsenal then Wenger would sign him, but the operative word here is want. It is not simply a case of spending money. If a world class player was available we could offer 60 million but as there are so few world class players available, ManU or City would offer 70, the upshot is we have no chance in an auction.

So how many world class players are out there who, when making a decision to move clubs, place their wages as a secondary importance?

The chances of signing a world class defensive midfielder are slim although, not impossible but I am certainly not holding my breath.

And the moral of this story………..Don’t knock Kallstrom or a Kallstrom type signing in January.

65. Red Arnie says:

Interesting and somewhat surprising, Evonne. 🙂 I thought I was about the only one vehemently opposed to the transfer of any regular from any other EPL team. hmmm.

That includes Cech of course, or Sol, and so on. Not that I am complaining, though, but just expressing a point of principle. 🙂

66. Red Arnie says:

I any case, I am going to continue to demand the transfer of anyone who really played well the previous week. Together with their manager. Money no bar. 😛

67. Red Arnie says:

If we add more than one player, sure sign for me that we are being investigated and it is not looking good. 🙂

So Pep will be coming to the Prem next season, but will he choose United, City or the chavs?

now how about james McArthur from Crystal Palace?
    Wenger likes him, he is £7mil, DM, EPL ready, easy to remember name, FROM GLASGOW – perfect!!

I would like to start the day with a moan- why did no-one reply to LB’s well reasoned comment about Karlstrom? Is it because it is too sensible?

Vardy and Tinkerman? Ney, ney and thrice Ney.

Eddie

If someone had bothered to tell me you were wring a post about January shopping, I would never have gone bush yesterday.

Fantastic. Thank you. Don’t care, just spend

Although, if there is ever a good reason not to buy (and we’re talking anyone ever) then it is Transplant’s:

“No additions for me, we dont need anybody……..Plus, I don’t trust strangers”

ha ha ha ha ha 🙂

OK, then Randish, re your 8:46 moan,

1. Why did you not respond? Why are you not responding now?

2. LB has a valid query/point. Far better to have had the then 32 y.o. experienced Swedish international, Kälström available for selection during yet another injury wracked period than nothing.

There was a flaw with the signing of Kälström tho’ as he arrived with a long-term injury of his own, and was not fit to play until near the end of the season, by which time other injured players were becoming viable again.

How’s that? 🙂

And good morning.

Morning, Micky,

If some one had told me you had gone bush, and was not going to be around – I would have turned up. 🙂

75. Wet willy says:

Morning all

I like going ‘bush’….

Morning

re kallstrom.he was injured when we got him on loan and by the time he was fit the loan period was up and he must have played at least one hour for us 🙂

Raddy, where are you or is your phone out of order .

77. Wet willy says:

This is no way in context with the conversation… just thught it would be nice to post it….

78. Red Arnie says:

motning all. 🙂 Thank you Eddie. 🙂

Raddy. Why would anyone react to a sensible comment by LB? It is not something one can argue against. And the comment is clever, hence extending the comment would need too may grey cells. 🙂

Unlike Micky and GB’s blind favouritism towards Theo in the CF role! 😆

79. Wet willy says:

Got up late today… nearly 12h so off to the bar… leave all you losers to discuss who we may buy in January…..

BR
    I didn’t react to LB’s comment because it made perfect sense.

RA

It is imperative that you and I avoid blog synchronisation otherwise there will be a terrible mess over The Full English

Perhaps just give each other a wide berth until we glide harmlessly towards the more civilized luncheon hour 🙂

Chas
    NEVER tell LB he is making perfect sense. He needs provocation, not support 🙂

RA is right though, the problem with the Kaelstrom signing was his injury. That aside, he was just the ticket for a short termer

Mickish,

This wide berth you mention – is it in anyway alluding to my not insubstantial girth?

Give careful consideration to your reply — or it could mean war – or another sausage, whichever comes to hand more easily. 🙂

Way too many innuendos to possibly comment

Can someone remind me of what it is that could cause an Arsenal transfer ban. Barca style I imagine, but I don’t even know the cause of that.

Naturally, if the solution is to offload as much cash as possible in January, then I’m in favour of the ban.

kelsey. I think the phone is working. Will try it. I have been out much of the week (and today).

Just tried it …. the phone is Diaby’ed. No idea why

I cannot meaningfully help you, Sir Micky, in your quest to understand the rumours circulating regarding a possible ban on Arsenal conducting transfer business this January, other than it appears we allegedly dealt with an unaccredited agent when we bought Chambers from Southampton – or some such.

Barca were severely dealt with by UEFA for transfer mischief of youth players, and they were sentenced to buying no one for a year or two and were only able to spend about £200m on the likes of Suarez and Co during that time.

Tough guys these UEFA fellas — whereas, our FA will probably sentence AW to a public flogging and sell tickets for the front row seats to peeps like Eddie. 🙂

RA – why me?

Barca were punished for child trafficking, ie transfers of players under 18. We would never stoop that low

micky – I was surprised you didn’t comment on my blog, JTW is to you what booze is to nb, lifeline 🙂

Hi Eddie, 🙂

Because I thought it would bring you out to play – and it did – but now I am off. 😀

By the way, historically, when the revolutionaries in France – the ‘sans culottes’ – were lopping off noble heads, it was women who fought to be in the front, to yell a few choice words at the unfortunate victims, and to do their knitting while waiting for the next cartload.

I really do not see you in that role, it was a joke, but if I said Big Erik to get him on the blog – it might be a little awkward – the knitting bit is OK, but he is not keen on all that blood – some Viking, eh? 😀

Micky
    I wasn’t telling LB he made sense but was telling BR that his accusatory comment was bullshit. 🙂

Kelsey

Kallsrom was like you buying house insurance, it is sensible to do so but you hope you never have to use it.

I think he was only played at the end of the season for the hour or so to give the man his dignity; that’s to say, let the him have a fer minutes playing time in the glorious red and white so he doesn’t have to suffer the embarrassment of having to say that he signed for Arsenal and never played.

What I am trying to say is that luckily I don’t believe there was any need to play him at all. Might have been a whole lot different if we had suffered two defensive midfield injuries though, don’t you think?