Arsenal Stroll in Villa Park

Arsenal cruised to the top of the league after a controlled but determined two nil win over Aston Villa which topped off what was pretty much a perfect week.

It wasn’t that much of a surprise that the EPL league leaders elect should have beaten the team at its foot and soon to be Championship fodder but before the start of these kind of games there is always a nagging doubt at the back of the mind that whispers: maybe today is the day when Villa get lucky and pull off the totally unexpected and we all know that a WBA or Norwich result was just about the last thing we had wanted.

The Good Guys took to the field clearly brimming with confidence after our heroic midweek win and proceeded to take control. Nothing could have suited us better than an early goal and that is exactly what we got. After nine minutes, Özil sent a long pass down the wing for Theo to sprint after, shoulder to shoulder with Alan Hutton the Arsenal away supporters pantomime villain for the day, Theo got free but was pulled back in the box by Dick Dastardly.

TW

The Arsenal players pleaded for a penalty which looked as though was going to go missing until all of a sudden the referee did a quick calculation and realising that we needed all three points to go top duly pointed to the spot. Giroud grabbed the ball with purpose, as though any one else was going to get close, and placed it on the spot, made sure everyone was looking, signalled the drum roll and then coolly slotted it home.

Aston Villa v Arsenal - Premier League

Arsenal immediately went into keep ball mode but as poor as Villa were, Arsenal were always going to need a second and, yet again, that is exactly what happened. Villa were pouring forward in the vain attempt to get an equaliser when Ramsey made an excellent tackle at the edge of our box to recover possession. With Villa having committed so many men forward the break was on; Wales’ finest sent the ball ahead of Walcott who sprinted onto it, he immediately sent it cross field to Ozil who, although, having an excellent chance to score himself squared the ball to no other than Ramsey who had made a lung busting run into their box where he was able to guide it home.

AV

Two nil and the game was over bar the shouting. Villa did put a bit of effort into it at the beginning of the second half but Wenger made two earlier than normal substitutions in Gibbs and Oxlade-Chamberlain for the tiring Campbell and Walcott and English pair’s freshness ended Villa’s flutter and normal service was resumed with Arsenal looking like the side who were more likely to score again.

The little piece of controversy I would throw into the mix is that I don’t know if you have noticed but in my opinion we are playing a lot more simply since Sanchez got injured. Our football is less complicated, the ball is being passed, controlled and then quickly passed on again, no trying to beat three players first, just receive it and move it.

Normally, 9 times out of ten, when Özil gets the ball looks for Sanchez but with Chile’s finest out, Özil has to look elsewhere. Mr Assist has no other choice but to try and find Giroud or such. In normal circumstances the Frenchman would be ignored, frozen out, the pass of last resort. Giroud is not part of Sanchez, Özil and Cazorla’s club, whole games have gone by with the three musketeers playing amongst themselves with Ollie hardly getting a touch which must be a drain on his confidence but with Sanchez injured Özil has had no choice but to try and find Giroud, as do the others; the result being, that Giroud’s confidence has soared and his scoring has hit a purple patch.

I know what you are thinking, there is no way that Campbell or Walcott are going to keep Sanchez out and yes I agree but Arsenal have won all three matches since Sanchez was sidelined so maybe they should keep mining this rich vein of form for a while longer?

Written by LB

165 Responses to Arsenal Stroll in Villa Park

Great report, thanks LB.

I agree that the loss of Sanchez has benefitted Giroud in the same way as Ramsey is showing what he can do by the space vacated by Cazorla.

I don’t want to be disrespectful to AS or SC, but I must admit the more direct play we have had to adopt is very effective. Ramsey particularly is growing every game and I expect him to have 10+ goals by the end of the season.

Your observation about Ozil having to find alternatives now SC and AS are missing is spot on and you are right, Giroud is getting better service – also thanks to Campbell’s supply line.

A word in praise of Theo. One or two were critical of his performance yesterday, but I thought he was excellent. Not only did he score a perfectly good goal (disallowed) but his through pass to Ozil for Ramsey’s goal was superb. More importantly his runs and tracking back was crucial to our attacking threat and was rightly highlighted on MOTD.

2. Good morning LB…. lovely lovely. And two match reports for the price of one, well done SirA as well.

What a Super, super Sunday… couldn’t have gone much better really. So we top the league this morning and all Gooners are left with a difficult wish for tonights game…. peronally, I’d like to see the Chavs thrashed by Leicester but that then puts them back on top….. so ideally a draw would be the best result we could hope for.

nice on LB, thank you! The whole match report in about 10 sentences and nothing missed out, clever 🙂

With Sanchez injured Ozil had no choice but to pass the ball to Ollie:) That is a bit harsh, do you really think Mezut takes a look who is there, sees OG and Alexi and ALWAYS choses Sanchez thinking that Giroud will only miss another sitter? Well, perhaps that explains why Giroud didn’t score more before AS got crocked

Campbell and Walcott for Sanchez? Has anyone actually said that?? No, surely not.

4. fred1266 says:

Arsenal wide player passing as been really superb that ball from theo for the second goal was godly also Campbell own in CL game

A fine Post, LB, and a good read. 🙂

Nothing I could add to that, although I have an opinion a different shade of certitude regarding Villa’s second half performance and our response to their surge, but then, if we all agreed with everything we would be automatons.

6. Le Coq Monster says:

Thank you Sir A and LB…..great stuff !…….now lets put something up to keep the mood going and I have to admit I wrong about our education system…..it looks in good health to me !. 😀

fred – glad you are back 🙂 I was sure someone was just pretending, hence my comments. Don’t worry about me, I am a foreigner and sometimes misunderstand situations 🙂

Did you go to Athens for the game?

Rasper,

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned your satisfaction with Theo’s performance – as is right and proper – but why did you feel it was necessary to preface that opinion with the conditional “One or two were critical of his (Theo’s) performance yesterday” which is somewhat confrontational, as everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Why did you feel that it was necessary?

As it happens, I think Theo’s pass to Özil, leading to Rambo’s goal, was excellent too, and he also won the penalty – just what you would want and expect from a highly paid player.

As I said, just curiosity – and not intended to irritate you – although I admit the constant focus on the No. 14 does somewhat irritate me. 😀

First up, Sir H.
    Thank you Sir, fabulous report, and I love reading your posts.

Now LB
    Love yours too Baby 🙂
    However, one has a complaint. “with Chile’s finest out, Özil has to look elsewhere”
    No he does not. He is “the all seeing one”. He sees all things at all times 🙂
    I think you are right about our simpler football, but I miss the Sanchez take-ons badly, in fact so much so, that on about 60 mins, I nodded off 🙂

Hi Redders, nothing sinister in my comment. I was not having a pop at anyone.

I get the feeling that in the same way as the subtlety of Ozil’s play was not being appreciated in all quarters, Theo’s role is not always understood.

He is obviously a late developer. He used to frustrate the hell out of me, but now, in my eyes he is improving.

It’s not about Giroud v Theo. They are so different you cannot compare them, it’s more about who makes our attack most effective. As we saw yesterday, they can both play and compliment one another.

I though LB’s observation about Sanchez was very astute. He’s a world class player and yet somehow his presence seems negate the efficacy of others.

LB. Another cracking report with something to think about as well.

Is the team better without Sanchez? No way, but I guess this is not what you mean. Do we play simpler football because he is out? Perhaps, but I would look at Santi as the man who makes things more complex.

It should also be recalled that we have played 3 poor teams and 3 teams whom we were expected to beat. Let’s see next weekend where we are in terms of the title.

I had to record the second half as there was an Icelandic Children’s Party to attend (much like a Danish one but with 2 Santa Claus”)

Returned home to watch the final 50 mins and fell asleep after about 15.

It was all done and dusted when Aaron rolled in the second, after that we went into damage limitation mode and strolled through the final hour. Even Mr Wenger looked as though he was having a crafty snooze until Bouldy woke him up

“He’s a world class player and yet somehow his presence seems negate the efficacy of others.”

Sorry Rasp but that is bolleaux. Sanchez lifts the team. His energy levels have changed the way we play as others are inspired by him. HIs goal scoring inspires the team. His magnificence inspires Ozil.

Ramsey plays better at CM which comes as no surprise. We are more direct with him playing out of defence than Cazorla. Again no surprise.

To suggest that Sanchez has a detrimental effect upon the team is IMO blasphemy

Thanks Raddy. I am not advocating leaving Sanchez out of the team.

My ‘bolleaux’ as you describe it 🙂 did not say that the team was better without him, you have misinterpreted my words. I simply said that when he’s not there, others see more of the ball and are able to show their worth.

So many match reports,before,during and after the game,so thank you all.Job done, no new injuries and three points, and energy concerved.

Nice long wait until next Monday to decide the title.

No crystal balls from me today but I have a hunch we might get Athletico.Not the usual top 3 suspects nor the weakest something like AM in the middle.

Nah Kelsey, we’re going to get Real Madrid 🙂

Nice pics Rasp and you did grasp my point about Sanchez perfectly. The observation did do what it was supposed to do and that is, of course, make people think and create a bit of conversation.

The test will be, when Sanchez returns, will Giroud’s goal average continue as it is now?

18. Herb's Army says:

Arsenal v Barcelona, CL Round of 16.

19. Has everyone forgotten that at 11am today there is the cL draw? For all our sakes I really do hope we get Zenit… then Raddy and Micky can have their jolly in Russia. God forbid we get Wolfsburg and they have to travel to a dreary town… they will be forever complaining.

Bloody Barca AGAIN!!!!

21. Herb's Army says:

Thanks for the match report.
    Professional job done.
    Remi Garde has a massive job to turn Villa’s fortune’s around.
    We’re top, big acid test coming this weekend.

22. oh dear… I’ve just cj=hecked the draw…. fucking Barca

We can beat them …….

Or LB, when Sanchez returns, will Giroud continue? 🙂

Which brings me nicely on to this little number “maybe they should keep mining this rich vein of form for a while longer”, against City?

So Daddy,
    You slept through the second half as well eh?

25. I want to join in but I’m being a grandma!!!! I’ll try and catch up in a while.

Excellent observation about Giroud being more involved while we’re without Alexis and Cazorla but are we better with or without the team within the team.

Looking forward to Barcelona 🙂

26. The first leg of CL at New Highbury is 16th Feb…. bring it on, we can beat them on our day… by then should have a few of the crocked back as well 🙂

Ooo Barca
    Could be a lot worse, as NB says, imagine Wolfsburg
    When is away game?

28. Not fixed yet Micky but should be 23/24 feb

Can someone put up full draw please
    I’m having copy paste issues

30. Draw in full:
    Gent v Wolfsburg
    Roma v Real Madrid
    Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea
    Arsenal v Barcelona
    Juventus v Bayern Munich
    PSV Eindhoven v Atletico Madrid
    Benfica v Zenit St Petersburg
    Dynamo Kiev v Manchester City
    Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151214/arsenal-draw-barca-in-champions-league#PJ2cd8etH8eJjkrT.99

31. fatgingergooner says:

Fantastic draw in the CL. This is exactly why we want to get into this tournament, so we can play against the best.

Should be 2 cracking games and I think we have a chance if we have a fit squad.

32. The Kiev game against City will be to an empty stadium… behind closed doors.

33. Tim Payton said this two hours befor the draw…

“Applying statistical analysis Arsenal have a 20% chance of drawing Barcelona in ECL draw. Applying Arsenalism the chance is nailed on”

34. PSG v Chavs should be tasty… I’ll watch that one if it doesn’t clash with the Arsenal game ha ha

Blimey
    Chavs PSG and Juve Bayern
    Some big teams will be going out
    Beat Barca and we’ve practically won ‘Ol Big Ears 🙂

Thanks NB for sticking that up

37. Micky I’m a bit confused about the second leg in Barcelona…. it will be in March….. 8/9 or 15/16th

38. and although the Arsenal site originally put up 16th Feb for the home game, that’s now changed… 16/17 or 23/24th Feb..

Ouch — just got back and I learn we have drawn Barca — I just cannot leave you lot alone for a minute – if you had all done the Ommmmmm-Bommmmmm together, we would have drawn an easier one – like Real. 🙂

FGG is right – this is what the ‘proper’ CL is all about! 🙂

Rasper @ 10:19

Totally all right with that! 😀

Oh well. Once more into the Camp Nou

Perfect tie for me, no one is going to win the CL this season without beating Barcelona so might as well get them early. Obviously we are the underdogs and there certainly won’t be any disgrace if we go out.

On one hand, in many ways, it will be the best thing that can happen as it will free us up to focus on our EPL title challenge.

On the other hand hmmmmmm, it is a knock out competition and, well, we can all dream.

And Micky — leave the poor old Viking alone – he is already used to having his afternoon naps, but sometimes he needs to recharge his batteries so that he has the energy to sleep in the p.m. which is why he kips in the a.m. 😀

It’s good that you are all putting on a brave face — but i think I can detect a top lip tremble emanating thru’ the keyboards.

You know it is all fixed! 🙂

My prediction ……

Both games are drawn and we beat them on penalties at the Camp Nou 😀

46. Spursday night football…. Man Utd get FC Midjitland…. they’re in Dane-Land ain’t they Raddy?

Arsenal Barcelona
    Manchester Utd Midjitland

ha hahaha haha ROLFSOCKSOFF

What a fantastic draw – we get to watch Arsenal test their skills against the best club team in the world.

This is what I love about the Champions League knockouts – how else would we get to see teams of their caliber in a head to head competition.

Lets hope that our best players are all fit for the games. I still want revenge for our loss in the 2006 CL Final.

RA the only thing making my fingers tremble is the pent up excitement – I will enjoy every second.

Hi GN5, 🙂

I agree with you, and my final sentence at 12:13 says that (the draw with Barca) is what the CL is all about.

To win thru’ to the next round by beating Barca would be fantastic, of course, but as others, including you, have said the chance to play against the best team(s) in the world makes a shiver of expectation run down one’s back at the very thought of it. 🙂

51. Le Coq Monster says:

Best thing for us to win the EPL was to have come 4th in our group, this is the next best thing….get knocked out early and concentrate on the double !……to make it easier on our selves we should play a mixture of Ospina and our U10`s !. 😀

Oh well, Barca again, Time to kick the poo out of them

Could be far worse, look at who PSG got 🙂 Hardly a game to look forward to

Messi is coming to the Emirates!!! how exciting is that?

I really want a ticket, probably no chance

Imagine drawing the mighty Midtjylland fc at home and losing – “Wouldn’t it be wonderful”!!!

Good point GN5

Who would we prefer Barcelona or Midgetland?

There can be no doubt LB, I would far sooner us to play against the best of the best.

Meantime the worst of the worst play on Spursday.

It would be marvelous if Man U lost to them – I can only imagine the amount of abuse that Van Gall-ing would get……………

Although I’m delighted at the chance of playing Barca, from a personal point of view I ‘d rather go to St Petersburg than Barcelona.

Then from the slim point of actually winning the CL, we would always increase our chances by avoiding the best sides (Barca, Bayern and Juve) until the final, where as a one off game (as opposed to two legs) the underdog increases his chances

Oh, and just in case Ant ‘n Duck decide not to go to Barca, can I just say that I think they look fabulous in their replica shirts, and I’m going out tomorrow to buy their Christmas presents

Barca won’t be happy. They will be very frightened about the return of Sanchez.

micky – don’t tell me that only season ticket holders can get tickets

Eddie
    No idea about home game
    You should be ok being silver meet I’d have thought
    Me started the string pulling already

Meet = member

there are times that there is no shame in doing a bit of bum licking

hiya gorgeous 🙂

Eddie, I’d be interested to know the facts

ie I assume there are loose tickets for every game, and so its the order of seniority

I’m guessing there’s something even more vulgar 🙂 above silver membership. Knowing 21st Century Arsenal, there’s gold then gold with fur, and finally, gold with fur in a White Range Rover

I don’t think one “hiya gorgeous” constitutes proper down and dirty sucking up. I think you have to stoop way lower and tell him replica shirts look great on grown ups 🙂

Mind you, if you were to stoop that low, you’d be too late, ‘cos I’ve already been there 🙂

replica shirts on grown up men, especially ones from 10 seasons ago are in fashion now. Duck n’ Ant were way ahead of the fashion 🙂

can’t go any lower, your turn Didit

Tucked in. 🙂

Blimey, just looked around AFC site, and Coquelin out till end Feb

Didn’t realise the injury was THAT bad. Grim, really grim.

Grim but has a silver lining ….. we will buy a shiny new expensive toy

70. RC78 says:

great draw – no shame in losing to FCB…let us have an honorable exit and play with a mix of first team players and subs and try to avoid injuries…

Cech – Bellerin, BFG, Kos, Monreal – Arteta, Wilshere – Ozil – Ox, Wellbeck, Sanchez

Then let s go on to the EPL! COYG

I will tke a positive look at the draw.

When we last played Barca the stand out memory was a chap called Arshavin who nearly took the roof off The Emirates(yes I know RA that we don’t have a roof. 😉 )

Now with two months + until we play them one or two of our players will be available again and therefore are we a better unit than last time we played them and are Barca a better team, the same as then or prone to the odd blip.

Weighing it up we are better, they perhaps slightly past their best but the outcome will invariably be decided in our favour if we do not concede at home.

Oh will AW say why should I strengthen in January as we always lose to Barca or will he go for it as micky has just said le Coq and Santi will be out for at least three months, as the league is very winable..

“perhaps slightly past their best” eh Crystals

Ahem, cough, Neymar, Suarez and Messi cough, splutter 🙂

Vermaelen?

Clutching at straws, nah.

75. RC78 says:

Barça has the best trio of attackers and midfielders:

Rakitic – Busquets – Iniesta
    Neymar – Messi – Suarez

vs

Sanchez – Giroud – Walcott
    Ramsey – Flamini – Ozil

but their defense is sometimes panicky and lost so maybe we can snatch a result but to be honest, let us just focus on an honorable defeat goal – > if we win, it is just a bonus…but I would much rather just lose and have full focus on EPL

Erik

Nice thinking.

Arsene should make a list. DM targets. Say three. Ink in their realistic market values. Add £15M to each and get on the blower to the Clubs informing them of similar outrageous offers being made to others, and let them know the rules. First come, first serve.

And I’d have each agent tapped up, with twitters also sent to the players unofficially leaking the massive wage increase coming their way

We have Wilshere back in the new year. Can’t see him being very happy to be usurped.

Jack back in the New Year.
    What with the seasonal slippery pavements at this most treacherous of times of year
    Anyway, he’s a No10 🙂

You are right Micky, i can’t do positives 😉

We need a poll.

Do we think that in January we will get:

Shiny new toy?

Filler?

Loanee?

Nowt?

A number 10

Hahahahahaha

A bit like Ozil then?

I couldn’t resist the bait 🙂

82. RC78 says:

LB – good idea for the pool

I would like us go for a DM or a CB that can play DM like Javi Martinez…but in reality we will get…NO ONE

Mesut is a defensive wall in disguise 🙂

I can’t vote because I hate the expression listed as Option 1 so much 🙂

For those here lucky enough not to be having friends over for nibbling, you will have enormous fun watching Leicester Chavs

Here’s what you’ll be doing. Drinking shots and laughing like hyenas. Goal from either side. Shot. Missed a sitter. Shot. Bad tackle. Shot. Cut to glum looking Maureen. Shot.

Endless fun. Enjoy.

Nb needs a shiny new toy, that’s a cert 😉

Kallstrom ?

DaCosta sent off, Fabregas benched and so on

A draw would be good.

Kallstrom was top top quality 🙂 .

Kelsey,

Who cares about a roof when you win 2;1 against arguably the best team in the world at the time.? 🙂

I have never liked nibbling my friends Micky, but tell us how you get on tonight. 🙂

No reason for this …. just because

Oh Micky if there was a box up top where classic comments were stored for posterity your 6.24 would be in there.

I try and write humorously but I am not in your league.

I doff my cap in respect 🙂

That Dave Allen clip is one of the best.

94. fatgingergooner says:

There has been a lot of talk about Kokorin being a done deal due to his contract coming to an end soon. That talk was in the Metro though and my 2 year old is more reliable for transfer news! (Look forward to seeing Mickey Mouse in an Arsenal shirt)

How well is Sanchez going to play against Barca? It might not be enough but he will tear them a new one!

Well done LB and SirA, in answer to your question about Alexis, I actually think it’s more about Santi.

I love the little wizard but it has to be said his frame is not exactly built for centre midfield. Ramsey on the other hand has the physical presence and ability/desire to play a longer pass out of defence when necessary.

Has to be said also that with speedy attacking wingers who do not track back as much as Alexis (one in particular) you can knock the ball to the big fella and be sure he has at least one and possibly two teammates around him. This also stretched the back line because while the holding midfielder/s worry about Ozil and the advancing Ramsey the centre backs have to follow Ollie to where he receives the ball. And that then puts our wingers in afoot race with one centre back. Goals will surely follow this kind of build up.

Now the other main topic of conversation today will surely be that draw against that side, I have not read comments but I wouldn’t mind betting that most are worried about how exactly our back 4 copes with Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Firstly I’ll say that that is a question I don’t believe any English side has the answer for, or for that matter any other European side. What will matter and how we will win is dependent on what the attacking third of our team and midfield do.

We need to make the most of our possession and as described above will be the best way, it’ll be a game where we have to gamble a bit and I believe that means leaving a back 6 exposed to runners and full backs joining in, in the hope that we go longer and use Ollie to build a platform of attack from.

96. Le Coq Monster says:

Loved watching the Spuds last night and that Lloris is brilliant !…..brilliant for being overated and gifting Newcastle the win !……to think some wanted him !
    I liked the look of Sissoko, he went on some Vieiraesque runs and plays either B2B or DM, is a France international which technically puts him ahead of Le Coq in the international stakes and is in prime condition at 26 years old and loves Arsenal !.
    He once said……………”If Arsene Wenger calls, I’ll have a man-to-man ­discussion with him and then we’ll see. Arsenal has always been the club of my heart”…….could do worse !

Oh deary me I would hate to see Mourinho win but I really want to see Leicester to lose. I guess either way I will be happy about something but I would undoubtedly be happier if Leicester lost and we stayed top on points won.

That all said I’m still torn in my feelings – it’s really difficult to want Chelsea to win at anytime…………

Cheers, LB.
    Read earlier and enjoyed especially the bait of dissing Sanchez. 🙂

99. Ant says:

Thinking about Barca away…what pressies have you bought us Micky?

100. Ant says:

You will get a tucked in replica shirt shot every game now

101. Ant says:

I really want Leicester to win despite the head saying “a draw any makes best sense”. Nibbling and shots already started at my house.

102. Ant says:

Chas- we’ve got Eddie and Micky at our beck and call now!

103. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha. 🙂

104. Red Arnie says:

comedy show. 😆

105. Red Arnie says:

sorry, LB, forgetting my manners. 🙂 lovely report, but I have a quibble with it. back to it later. 🙂

Who would have thought that Chelsea could play so poorly? We knocked 5 past Leicester yet Chavs haven’t had a single clear chance or anything on target

Hate to praise referees but Clattenburg is having a fine game so far.

108. OMG Mahrez skill is unreal for his goal against the chavs

We are seriously the only team who have beaten Leicester this season…..quite amazing….fair play to them they arroyo perky title contenders while those two keep scoring.

Do wonder how both BSR andCesc will feel about their winners medals in years to come was it really worth sacrificing their dignity for?

Mourinho looking more like Grandad from Only Fools and Horses. Feckin great, innit.
    Cesc makes my skin crawl these days. I used to love by his pure Arsenal-ness.

111. Red Arnie says:

GiE. the dead do not have feelings. only the living have feelings for the dead. not to speak ill of the dead, though. 🙂

Hmmmmm, game on for Grandad.

I am soooooo pleased for Ranieri; Abra treated him like shit, dead man walking he was then

Hi Ant 🙂 How are you today 🙂

Yeah, I wanted Leicester to beat the chavs too, result!!!!

Leicester top = Hmmm.
    Chavs 15 points from 16 games = feckin love it 😆

If you love football, you love what Leicester are achieving at the moment.

And as I said yesterday, if they win the league I’d be more than happy. Because it would prove me wrong, maybe football can be saved. I’ve longed for a time when at the start of the season anyone and any fan could have some hope of winning the league, with the right manager, the right players etc. Maybe just maybe a corner is being turned and not just the biggest wage bill wins the league.

117. Red Arnie says:

GiE. top comment. 🙂

can we move for Vardy and Ranieri in January please. Money no matter. Plenty in the war chest. 🙂

118. Red Arnie says:

plus Mahrez. 🙂

This is an amazing stat (I think so anyway) after only 16 games we are now 18 points ahead of Chelsea who beat us by 12 points last season a difference of 30 points.

Even though we are back to 2nd place it was lovely to see them lose – Leicester thoroughly deserved the victory and Chelsea are left 1 point above relegation………..life is good…I’ll sleep well tonight………….

Has he been sacked yet???

What did the two teams cost?

It’s good to see the “Tinkerman” outdo the (Less than) “Special one”

122. What a great way to be knocked off the top spot 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 …………………….the only way actually 😉

Well done Leicester

123. Le Coq Monster says:

I wont be laughing if Leicester win the league by 2 points from us !.

What an awful reaction from the super ego……………

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said he felt “betrayed” by some of his players after Monday’s 2-1 defeat at Leicester City.

Mourinho’s men fell to their ninth defeat in 16 Premier League games, from which they’ve only managed 15 points — putting them one point above the relegation zone.

“I think they deserved to win because they were better than us during a long period of time,” Mourinho told Sky Sports. “We conceded two goals that were unacceptable.

“One of my best qualities is to read the game for my players and I feel like my work was betrayed.”

Mourinho didn’t single out any of his players by name as those at fault, but his disappointment was clear as he recalled the form that helped Chelsea win the league seven months ago.

“All last season I did phenomenal work and brought them to a level that is not their level and more than they really are,” he said.

“When some of your players don’t hit the levels they are capable of it is hard to see. This season we are doing so bad for some reason, not all of them.
    Jose Mourinho has now watched his team lose nine times int he Premier League this season.

“To turn things around, I know only one way — working at the top level. Day by day in training I have no complaints with them. But is it frustrating to see what they are doing in training and what they do in matches? Clearly yes.”

Mourinho also said Eden Hazard chose to take himself out of the game after he fell awkwardly in the 30th minute — a fact that frustrated the Chelsea manager.

“He made the decision to come off. So it must be a serious injury,” Mourinho said.

“His first reaction was ‘I can’t continue,’ his second reaction was ‘I want to try,’ but after his first step back on the pitch he said he couldn’t. He’s injured, clearly.”

Asked if Chelsea had a chance to rally and still finish in the top 4 Mourinho replied ” The four is gone…clearly”

125. fred1266 says:

I want mourinho to be sacked after Arsenal demolish them next time we play

126. Terry Transplant says:

Cheers LB

We were always going to beat Villa mate. With or without Sanchez to much class.

Villa have a look of bleakness about them that has not been since that man recoverd from amnesia and realised he was from Walsall.

As they take the nightmare road to relegation, Villa fans ease there pain by losing touch with reality. Dreaming that the M6 is the road to wear red shoes and find the tin man a heart, they wake to the terrible realisation that like the amnesiac, the road leads to Walsall and the attendance of a party were no women turn up.

Just seen the Moronio interview. As everyday passes the man continues to prove he’s an awful wanker who cannot manage long term

Digging his hole deeper, he makes remarks that alienate his players and reinforces poor results for the future. Honestly, if this man continues in the job, Chelsea will be relegated. The delicious twist is the one time Abramovitch should sack a manager, he does not. hahaha, the insanity

We all know Moronios narcissism is the problem. I think this man was breast fed by mummy whilst in his twenties. He’s a danger to society and big jugs every were.

He never really takes responsibility. Snidely alluding it’s all the players fault and lack of milk.

A lack of tit away from a lunatic asylum, Moronio no doubt talks to the mirror and threatens violence. In his cofusion he asks “who am I ?” and concludes he is Edin Hazzard, were upon he runs out in the street naked in hope of accosting a milk float.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring.

41 years ago today Do They Know It’s Xmas went to No 1 in the charts.

Never liked it.

Morning Both

Just seen the wonderful result he he he

Just had a happy thought

One team who really will be starting to get a little concerned about this phenomenal run of Leicester, is whoever is lying nine points behind them, in 5th spot, ie in pole position for yet another Europa place

🙂 🙂 🙂

Anyone fancy writing a post for today ………..

Oooo yum yum, are you stalking me 🙂

Yes, Micky, my exact sentiments, I watched them for the first time last, apart from our game, of course, and as much as everyone is laughing an Chelsea, (rightly so) the thing that is going astray is just how good Leicester were — they were very good — all over the pitch.

My hope is that they gradually start to suffer as the season unfolds due to their wafer thin squad, but as much as I cling to that I remember that Chelsea’s squad was equally thin last season.

I think Leicester have Everton next which should be interesting.

Stoke and Sunderland should seriously injure one, maybe two, Leicester players per game.

Every time Jamie Vardi scores I go bananas 🙂 Leicester is the bestest thing that happened in football for a very long time. I am loving it

Ahoy LB

With Leicester to play again, the title is in our own hands

Mind you, saying things like that before we get to the half way point is utterly ridiculous

Saying that Totnum are adrift in 5th and yet we’re not yet at the half way point is not ridiculous. It’s funny

Eddie

Saw your attempt at sucking up to Ant last night
    Ant and I are going out for a candle lit dinner tonight

LB – yes, they were excellent and I was wondering how come they are so good? Ranieri was only appointed this season, so they had to be good to win the Championship. Did the previous manager Nigel Pearson leave because of some problems with his son?

Oh, and before you get any more underhand ideas, yesterday I went to The White Company and bought Chas some exotically scented all over body cream

yes micky, and I have noticed Ant responded to you but blanked me. What am I going to do? I know a ticket fairy, but we had fallen out big time. Maybe I should suck up to her? Some tamarimisu and garden shrubs…..?

for the Vines boys

Ant knows when he’s on to a good thing

Shit Eddie, now THAT is cunning

thank you micky 🙂 normally I am much better at upsetting people than groveling, but hey when the times get tough, the tough get going

Bloody hell its hard to think of a worthwhile postal topic

well, it is time to celebrate football, Leicester City, Bournemouth and Salford. In my wildest dreams did I think it was possible

Morning all,

I am far too busy to write a post for today, but there are 2 very good topics that one of you might consider.

The first was suggested by LB and is a poll of opinion as to what we should do in the JTW – buy top top quality?, a utility player, a player on loan etc etc

The second suggestion was brought about by an interview with Philippe Auclair on the radio this morning and relates to the 2 Arsenal players Barca fear most …… and it is not the 2 most would assume!!

Is it the fishinggseason? Steve Palmer has gone missing 😉

The news I have will please everyone that we have practically agreed terms for a new Cock.Watch this space.

rasp – I am writing the poll

Oh yeah right Crystals, and where did this scoop appear from?

Your blurred balls, or Arsenal Fantasy News Weekly?

Spill the beans now my man 🙂

Thank God for Eddie. I was just launching into a going nowhere post

Phew

Monsieyr Auclair actually, mentioned above,Micky

Thanks eddie, I’ve written a few lines on the other topic, we can use it later in the week.

I have to go out, can someone with the controls publish eddie’s post please 🙂

No names mentioned then I assume 😦

So ,next question, does he know what he’s talking about and did he mention enormous sums of loot?

Actually, lets save this for the post

Sorry folks, I can’t muck about this morning. I’ve thrown together a short post for today.

Eddie, please continue writing your post, we will use it tomorrow 🙂

New post ……….