Arsenal don’t do Thursday Football, Right!

There was only one Greek God in Athens last night and his name was Olivier Giroud or Adonis as I shall now refer to him. I suspect that he would like that name and rightly so, three crucial goals that left Olympiakos to reflect on a night that turned into their own Greek tragedy while the mighty Arsenal go marching onto the knock out stages.

Now that’s what I call a cup tie, end to end stuff from the outset with no let up until the third goal was scored which allowed us to breathe a little more easily. I am still amazed at how the Greeks with a two goal advantage came onto us from the start with such numbers, as entertaining as it was it left their flanks vulnerable. I mean, if we had had a two goal advantage I would have expected every bus in Victoria Coach station to have been parked in front of our goal for protection. Still, maybe their plan was to get an early goal and kill the game off, they certainly threatened with some nail biting attacking football all of which worried me no end.

I must admit I feared the worst but all of a sudden after fifteen minutes Campbell, attacking down the right, pulled the ball back to Flamini who, although, unluckily hit the bar, made me think that there might be something in this for us.

We needed some luck and it arrived in the form of Giroud’s first, carrying on where he left of in the week end he met an excellent cross from Ramsey with his head which somehow found its way past their goalkeeper.

One – nil, game on, could this really be our night? We started the second half with renewed belief that we could pull off what every pundit thought impossible. Monreal and Campbell continued to make inroads down the flanks while Ozil was pulling the strings in his familiar attacking midfield role. It was the German’s excellent pass to Ramsey that enabled him to send in the cross for Giroud’s first and it was Ozil’s pass to Campbell whose sublime pass to Giroud enabled the Frenchman to score his second.

Giroud may rightly be the man of the match but the assist of the night has to go to Campbell; sublime pass doesn’t quite do it justice. I have to make way for Slim here to get the full effect: “Campbell opened em up like a tin of soup” Great stuff.

It started to become clear to me why Olympiakos didn’t just park the bus, they simply didn’t know how to. By this time we looked like we could score with pretty much with every attack and were deservedly given the opportunity to get a third and for Giroud to get his hat trick from a penalty that Adonis was never going to miss.

The defense was solid, Cech was imperious, Flamini and Ramsey worked tirelessly, Ozil was as classy as ever, Giroud did what Giroud was supposed to do, Theo was OK and Campbell arrived and what a time and game to arrive, Joel Campbell we salute you.

Thursday KO 18.00 FC Sion v Liverpool
Thursday KO 20.05 Tottenham v Monaco

Will you be watching?

NO YOU WONT, BECAUSE WE DON’T DO THURSDAY FOOTBALL.

Hahahahaha, what a great night to be an Arsenal supporter.

208 Responses to Arsenal don’t do Thursday Football, Right!

Cheers, LB, a fine review of a great night.

The mesmertrons are building up. 🙂

Superb LB, thank you

An accurate report served up on a nest of gloating. Perfect 🙂

5. Sreenadh says:

Nice article! it was ramsey who assisted giroud in his first goal. U had mentioned monreal. 🙂

LB. Great stuff.

In the euphoria of victory I had forgotten just how difficult a watch the first 20 minutes were.

As you rightly say, Campbell was immense. Given the pre-Xmas return of Sanchez could Theo’s place be under threat?

Raddy
    No because Theo can play anywhere across the front.
    The Ox, on the other hand!!
    Well, I’d say he’s now behind Sanchez, Theo, Joel, Danny and even Aaron or Jack for a wide berth

LB,

Well it’s no surprise to me that you have produced what can only be described as a deliciously fragrant match report that encapsulates all the key points of the game copiously dusted with the fluctuating feelings of a dyed in the wool Gooner.

Superb! 😀

9. fatgingergooner says:

Last year we had Coquelin and Bellerin, this year we have Campbell and……Flamini???

The old French guv’nor is doing a decent job at the moment. Not bad for someone who was free to leave in the summer. Just needs to stop finding himself in the opposition box! 😄

Randy @ 8:25, last para — totally agree. 🙂

And, that bloody snow, again – or is it dandruff?

11. geons says:

It waa Ramsey who provided the assist for the first goal. You should watch the match instead of highlights. And I bilieve Wenger will never park the bus against teams like Olympiacos if the target was reversed. 😀

12. geons says:

It was Ramsey who provided the assist for the first goal. You should watch the match instead of highlights. And I bilieve Wenger will never park the bus against teams like Olympiacos if the target was reversed. 😀

Do you want to try again, geons?
    Correct the spelling of believe and remove the rudeness?

I’ve changed Monreal to Ramsey for the picky ones …….

RA
    “copiously dusted with the fluctuating feelings ”
    You’ve been reading book things again, haven’t you 🙂

16. fatgingergooner says:

Great stuff LB.

What a fantastic result and a brilliant tactical display from the lads.

I said after the last CL game that we had a massive advantage over Olympiacos in that we knew we had to go out there and score 3 goals, whereas they would be unsure as to wether to attack or defend. That indecisiveness is a killer and can effect the best teams (Bayern away a few years ago).

I thought Olympiacos were pretty poor on the night and looked there for the taking once we scored the first. How we lost at home to them I will never know.

One thing this result does show though is that all those discussions about being knocked out of Europe being a good thing we’re pretty much nonsense! We all know we want to be in with the elite and testing ourselves against the best teams in Europe…….like AA Gent! 😄

To do a match report on a night as last night is an honour and privilege.

We might not go on and win the CL but against all the odds it will always be remembered as one of Arsenal’s greatest nights.

I seem to resemble someone calling Ollie our Greek God, which has also been picked up in the papers today, so the journalists and blogges do read AA 🙂

This really opens up many avenues and more importantly time for AW as we have the best part of two months until we play in the knockout stage.

Again well done to everyone at the club and surely this time it will raise the all round morale and motivate the players as a unit.

We have always known on their day they can beat anyone, and with a little more consistency will be a club once again that all teams will fear.

Still says Monreal, P

Thanks LB, a veritable bisque of a match report.

Superb team performance topped by Giroud’s best ever game in an Arsenal shirt, he rightly takes all the accolades.

Campbell was as good as everyone has observed and Monreal and Koscielny excellent too.

Ramsey (BTW he got the assist for the first goal 🙂 ), is showing us that we can keep it simple in midfield and be direct without losing any creativity. As I said earlier, I think the Ramsey/Coquelin pairing is the future for our deep midfield, with Ramsey taking the box to box role.

Back to the game ….. Thank you Arsene, you got everything right – the selection, the tactics, the substitutions … everything! Maybe we shouldn’t have been in this position in the first place but we certainly all enjoyed the excitement of digging ourselves out of the hole.

Although yesterday’s game was magnificent, none of it would have mattered if we hadn’t beaten Bayern at home – that was the crucial result.

chas

how do I copy that image of AW doing the walk from last night, as when I selected copy location image it only gave me the link which one then had to select.

21. Morning all… can someone tell me who got the assist for the FP’s first goal?

kelsey
    click on twitter user Matias’ name to open his tweets page, find the tweet and copy the location by right clicking on the time and then left click ‘copy link location’.

NB69
    Watch the whole game instead of just the highlights and you’d know. 🙂

24. ha ha Chas…. I actually only saw the last 15 minutes, so missed the goals…. two old french gits in the bar wanted to watch the Lyon game… fecking idiots.

Didn’t peaches say this could be a ‘naughty’ morning on AA? The only thing I’ve seen is Chas posting the photo of some bird trying to straddle a post 🙂

That was meant to be the answer to Rasp’s question, ‘What post?’

26. And btw LB…………. bloody bit early for a post weren’t it, not given me time for my first glass of wine 🙂

Get geons 🙂
    What an utter tool

I updated the post. Hope that’s ok?

I’ve just watched that 2nd goal again in chas’ clip. Brilliant by Campbell, he really seems to have developed an understanding with Giroud.

I can’t wait for Welbeck to get back and start playing with these guys. Wilshere and The Ox may struggle to get a regular berth in the side when everyone is back.

Nb – I was thinking something naughty – the commentators were saying that after a big game with all the adrenaline still pumping in their veins the players cannot sleep. Now, I was wondering about Ollie – is he still scoring 😊

31. Eddie… perhaps that was the FP’s pole in the photo posted by Chas….. full of adrenaline! 🙂

Excellent editing chas 🙂 and very swift updating of the widgets ….. no-one else will have noticed 🙂

Nb – doubt it, they were on a plane back to were they beling

No assists for Ozil in the CL so far – but he got 2 assister’s assists last night!

Sorry chas – where

I got close to my 3:1 prediction for yesterday’s game (but no paper hat) …. anyone want to know what I think will happen in the next round? 😕

Eddie, are you being naughty about Chas’ post?

38. I could imaging a naughty Eddie is a frightening thing 🙂

No, Rasp!

Your melancholic burbling on Arsenal’s outlook is so well known – we can predict what you will say with a high degree of certainty! 😀

Rasp
    Even I couldn’t give the penalty assist to Monreal, though I’ll change it from ‘Other’ to him if you want?

It’s LBs excellent post ☺

Oh, go on, then. 🙂

Tarah dee Dah: Rasper’s burbling prediction is ……….

can’t do it chas.|Where is the time and copy link location only come up on right click

Eddie
    This is the post in question – blue vein a-throbbing with adrenaline.

You’re the widget master chas, I’m happy with whatever you decide 😀

That one missed the target ☺ I’m sure Pants Down can do better than that

47. I bet not many women can do this…. she looks viking Danish Raddy ?

kelsey
    circled in red below

NB
    Can’t all women do that if they have fake tits?

50. Chas…. Giroud is lying on the grass just out of camera shot 🙂

You can see the scars where they inserted the chicken fillets.
    And as for those eyebrows – Jeez, what an affront to my senses. 🙂

52. Chas, there’s no suck thing as a fake tit….. even silicon feels good 🙂

53. ha ha that was a Freudian typo

only when you’re drunk NB, a bit Bobby Vee 😉

Morning all and thanks for a terrific report LB. A great night and a very good performance. Ollie will always get chances in this side and I think last night was always likely to come down to whether a clinical Ollie was turning up. He did and kudos to him.

Two things stood out for me. Firstly Campbell’s performance. He was excellent last night. Part of me still thinks he looks a second choice level of player at the highest level but if he has that kind of performance in him regularly then it may turn out he has been largely underestimated by many of us. I look forward to finding out either way.

The highlight for me with Campbell was obviously his set-up for our second. The control of the ball, the instant turning away from the defender, the nifty footwork, and the crafty reverse pass. If Messi had done it the whole media would be fawning but it was of that level of quality. In fact when you look at the nifty footwork where he does that elastic type movement of the ball to switch it quickly 1 yard to open up the pass option, and then that disguised reverse style pass, it reminded me of Ronaldinho. So shall we say it was Ronaldinhoesque?

The other thing I liked was after the game was the hug between Giroud and Theo, and the genuine camaraderie and pleasure that seemed to exist between them. I don’t know if anyone else spotted that or has mentioned it. As they could be considered to be vying for the same spot it was nice to see, and indicates to me that they are both all about the team rather than the individual, which bodes well.

56. I once went out with a woman who’d had breast cancer and her right breast removed, she had a new on produced with silicon and I can attest that the right one felt better than the lefty…. 🙂

Hey, the 3rd kit curse has been broken.

And her hair – horse hair attachments!!!
    It’s a geezer, Frank Mellony

Awful, awful kit with see through stockings

60. Eddie… it’s now Kellie Maloney, but his daughters still call him Dad ha ha

61. The Rasper says:

This is what I think will happen in the next round:

— We will get drawn against Real in the first leg, and Barca in the second leg.
    — Radford and Pickford will squabble about who should drive – and get into a huff.
    — Chas will say ‘sod the lot of you, I am a real fan and I am off to Zenit’.
    — We will beat whoever they throw at us.

I am Rasper – and I will keep you posted – especially Eddie.

‘Don’t think your 13 goals will keep me away from the central striking role’

My name is chas and I’m an imaginary fan.

Strange that The Apprentice was on as the same time as the game 🙂

“Mellony” is a great name for a bird with fake tits.

kelsey
    Where’s the Arsene walking tweet?

chas,

this is annoying,when I click that one you circled I get wilshere and some writing below

That’s Matias’ twitter profile picture of Jack
    Scroll down until you see the wenger walking tweet and then right click the time for that tweet.

I did chas, the time is at the top of the wenger walk

LB, I was enjoying looking back on all the talk yesterday about the 12 pins and who looks like what that you were participating in.

I know you are a regular patron there and I have been in there a couple of times to watch the games and can attest to the atmosphere (the last being the Spurs game). I would always advise anyone not to expect to come out with your clothes in a decent enough state to head straight out on the town as they will likely be infiltrated with dashings of Guiness, lager, babysham e.t.c.

I have often wondered when in there if you were there and if we had crossed paths and not realised it. I always get a strange look when I tap someone on the shoulder and ask “are you LB?”, especially when it is a good looking young female, but that is another story.

The problem is I only have Rasp’s description of you to go on, and I haven’t yet spotted anyone looking like George Clooney with the body of an elite athlete 🙂

72. Gooner B…. I now have an image in my head of macho drunken Arsenal supporters in the 12 pins drinking Babycham 🙂 and of good looking young females who look like George Clooney with the body of an elite athlete 🙂

Morning again, obviously that is not me @ 9:47 🙂

… and if any of you find the @ 9:26 attractive, you may as well just invest in a blow up doll 😆

74. Rasp….. I look at it this way, I’d rather the 9:26 be underneath me than some plastic full of air 🙂 Transplant and Cockie would obviously disagree with me ha ha

GoonerB, when I said LB was with the body of an elite athlete I was referring to myself 😕

LB says:

“Thursday KO 18.00 FC Sion v Liverpool
    Thursday KO 20.05 Tottenham v Monaco

Will you be watching?

NO YOU WONT, BECAUSE WE DON’T DO THURSDAY FOOTBALL.

Hahahahaha, what a great night to be an Arsenal supporter.”

If you drag the pointy curser thing side to side, you can change the direction of the snow flakes

I’m having a slow day 🙂

Some fun comments today. Amazing how a victory lifts the mood.

Micky. Smoke some fish, it has to be better than playing with your mouse 😉

Raddy
    I have not forgotten THE fish

Between Arsenal victories and smut, you can either watch NB’s art, or Pipeline, Hawaii has begun
    Last round of world surf tour, and six surfers can still win world title

I was listening this morning to some highlights of our game last night on Talksport and the standard of commentary is really poor.Then he went on to talk about Mourinho and it was suggested he never had any intention of trying to win the league this year only concentrate on the CL. What utter tosh and then again a bias towards Chelsea every time but then one of their presenters is a life long Chav.

82. ‘morning all.

That’s a great write up LB thank you.

I was worried by the start we made last night, we were unable to hold onto the ball and seemed incapable of stringing even one or two passes together, but we didn’t panic. Despite the deafening noise, generated by the Olympiakos fans, we gradually weathered the storm and started to patiently work our way into the game. And it was that patience which proved the vital ingredient in allowing us to work our way forward.

Eventually we scored, an excellent header by the FFFP, served to dampen the noise level a bit and instil a measure of doubt in the Greek player’s minds.

The second of the goals, by our own Adonis, almost completely wiped out the noise from the fans and the belief in their players minds.

By the time Ollie sank his penalty in the Olympiakos’ net both the fans and the players were barely going through the motions. They were well and truly beaten.

Team selection? Ten out of ten.
    Tactics? Ten out of ten.
    Commitment and work-rate? Ten out of ten.
    Team spirit? Ten out of ten.

Of course there are better teams than Olympiakos waiting in the wings but if we can replicate the four items above we stand a good chance of further progress.

Finally a word about the BT Sport pundits, I was struck by how comfortable Steven Gerrard looked sitting, as he did, at the centre of his own personal charisma free zone

83. Herb's Army says:

Thank you for a wonderful report on a historic night, LB.
    Good to see my new-found optimism wasn’t misplaced – (even if Cockie does think I’m a curse!).
    It’s fair to say Olivier Giroud and Joel Campbell really stepped-up on the big stage and delivered. Aaron Ramsey is excelling, Mathieu Flamini is putting a shift in, and in a pressure-cooker situation, after repelling a nervy opening 20 minutes, the whole side became heroes.
    The Round of 16 offers up the two Madrid’s and Barcelona from Spain, Wolfsburg, or Zenit.
    I know Micky wants a trip to Zenit, and it probably represents our best chance of a last 8 spot, so fingers crossed on Monday.
    The treble is still on!

84. Herb's Army says:

Hi Kelsey.

Snap! I was listening to TalkSport too, and heard all that nonsense about Mourinho concentrating solely on the CL, and had exactly the same thoughts as you.
    Too many sycophants in football journalism stealing a living. Either that, or they don’t want to upset Jacobs and Cundy.

85. fatgingergooner says:

I’m 90% sure that Jenks has put that in his own net.

I’m also 10% sure the 9.26am is a woman.

86. The Rasper says:

Ever wondered what the difference is between a granny driving and a grandad driving?

Well, as an example, a 5 year old child was usually driven daily to school by her grandad.

One day he was feeling a bit under the weather and the granny drove her to school instead.

That night the little girl told her parents that driving to school with granny was very different.

“What made it different?” her parents asked.

“Gran and I did not see a single tosser, blind bastard, stupid prick or wanker on the way to or from school today.”

It would be hard to disagree with everyone else about who was the Men of the Match, but for me it was Ozil. LB says simply ‘Ozil was as classy as ever’, but that ain’t enough. He is just the best thing since Bergkamp!

I had my doubt about him the first season with us, last year he was good but this season he is simply awesome. Now, why wasn’t he as good as he is now in 2 previous seasons? 1st season the gelling process, but last year? Was it because others were not so good, so he didn’t have players around him to perform?

Or did he tune them to his style? I don’t know what it is, but when he is good, we are unplayable.

And I love when he takes corners – such beautiful, doll like figure, standing there beautifully poised and concentrating and wallop – Patek Phillippe precision – my God, he is something.

Why did he not take the pen yesterday? I half expected him to take it. Did he want Ollie to get a hattrick?

You need to get out a bit, FGG. 🙂 That coke is genuine.

89. Redders! Good to hear from you again, I’ve missed your erudite ramblings of late.

Hope you you are well and The Fiend is cosseting you.

90. fatgingergooner says:

It was funny listening to Savage talk about how not many people realise how much work Özil does for the team and what a fantastic player he is.

Erm, yes Robbie, you were one of those people when you accused Özil of ‘stealing a living’ not so long ago!

Again, the @ 12:05 not me!

92. fatgingergooner says:

I’m more of an Um Bongo man myself RA, and her Um Bongos don’t look genuine to me!

Ooh, yesss, my lovelies, Rasper is innocent, KO. 🙂

Me forgots to switches my altered ego I did. The Rasper nots as funnies as me. 😀

Check out the sign on the window

The thing is FGG, you force me to highlight my unsuccessful love-life, yet again, as I have never seen ‘Um Bongos’ (?) like that before on a real live woman, but then I have not seen ………. no, I am not going to show my ignorance of such matters any further than that!! 🙂

I bow to you your greater knowledge – you lucky bugger! 😀

Hi Norfolk,

I was departing in support of the Camel worshipper who said AA was not his worm, but then he never said goodbye to me or kissed me quick — and then like Saudi Arabia he turned up the taps and increased his comment profile — and also, I could not go just before Xmas, now could I? 😀

Now Rasper, what is that pic of Richard the turd supposed to signify? Hmmm? 🙂

“Now is the Winter of our discount tents”

Rasp, 😀

100. Pay attention Fred…. Rasp did say, ‘check out the sign in the window’ 🙂

Hey Rasp, on the subject of plastic blow up women…. puts a whole new meaning to Gary Monk on the doll…..

101. Talking of women…. watch this clip, I’m definately grandad here, wait till the last comment by him. LOL

“Patek Phillippe precision”

Oooh, I am going to use that one 🙂

Ahh, five minutes to think about the thing I love the most.

I have just read the comments and I am astonished at the bile that clearly exudes from a couple of the comments over my mistake about it being Ramsey and not Monreal who sent in the cross for Giroud’s first, I mean, come on, how can any one support Arsenal and not be full of love today?

Oh well, not something that needs to be taken seriously.

Moving on, who do we have next? tra la la, ah Villa on Sunday and it is on telly, excellent.

Will that be watching the highlights again then, LB? 🙂

LB – if I go somewhere (seldom) and everybody is nice to me, but one individual, I don’t think about all the nice people but concentrate on the unpleasant so-and-so, sometimes I even lose sleep over it. I am glad you are not sick too 🙂 feck them

tra la la

Don’t let the idiots tarnish the excellence of your report on this day of celebration LB. They are only blog snipers, not regulars – we just take the piss in a friendly way 🙂

Talking of regulars, where is GN5 today?

LB
    I think the first chap Sreenadh, was being genuine, commented on your nice report and put a smiley at the end.

The second bloke was a pillock who probably frequents other Arsenal blogs where being rude about the Club and fellow supporters is the norm.

On twitter I’ve seen some complaining at those whose first comment about last night was that we shouldn’t have been in that situation in the first place. These are fly-be-night supporters who have no real love for Arsenal in their hearts. They do not know how to enjoy themselves when it come to supporting the Club. Criticism, rudeness and searching for negatives are their normal way of behaving.
    As Eddie says ‘Feck them’.

p.s. It was Rambo’s fault for delivering a cross worthy of a left-footed player.
    p.p.s I’m off to watch the highlights again. 🙂

109. Rasp, it’s only 11.55 in Toronto, he’s probably having a lie in. 😀

where can I watch the whole game again sitting ON the settee this time? I want to pay more attention to Campbell

LB,

Take heart – even people who write match reports for a living can make ‘mistakes’. I am in the habit when Arsenal win of reading as many newspaper reports as I can before it becomes uncomfortable.

In two of those papers I read this morning they said that the cross from which Giro scored the opener was made by …….. Montreal.

So you were not alone. And the confusion seems to be because Rambo crossed using his left foot, when he is predominantly right-footed.

Anyway, the people making the comments are hardly worth even thinking about – better to look at the high compliments from those who know you and admired a terrific report.

Actually, I was listening to a bit of that idiot Durham’s radio programme, and it turned my stomach at the comments made by so-called Arsenal fans saying they had hoped we would lose last night.

Cretins.

I’d imagine GN5 is nursing a big one.
    Hangover, that is. 🙂

It sounded as though his joy at the result might have seen him on to at least half a dozen bottles of red wine.

Proper supporter. Enjoy the good and put the bad behind you.

Lazy git 🙂

Oh, dear, quick before an ‘expert’ tells me I do not know how to spell Monreal – but it was an auto-correct – so I will tell the computer off!

Even the commentator in the first clip at 8.15 above says Monreal.

It was feckin Toronto, RA, not Montreal. 😆

Visit the whole country, not just the most popular places.

Reminds me of all the commentators and some Gooners who say Jack WilTshire

Given the amount of times in my life when I have said something which has got me into trouble I wish I had an auto-correct.

I think it could have been any name at all, Chas – it led to a critical goal and that was what was important. 🙂

You realise, I am sure, that the perpetrator would not have any understanding of your humour.

No you don’t, Raddy — I do not know how to turn auto-correct off (and it is not my compute) but they are not too clever, and try to deduce what it ‘thinks’ you want to say, but when the machine has a poorer vocabulary than the typist, or does not know ‘foreign’ names it screws things up royally.

122. Shard says:

Great match report. Don’t care about the Ramsey or Monreal mixup. The description of the action was great, wonderful last line, rigjtful praise for Giroud and Campbell. But..what I want to know is WHERE YOU WATCHED THE GAME! 😡

123. As we get nearer to Christmas I do hope we will get a bit more snow than the piddling amount currently falling on this great blog. 😀

124. Shard, you have missed the essential fact about LB’s match reports, he doesn’t watch the game. He does what Redders does, reads lots of newspaper reports and compiles his offering from them.

It saves time and is cheaper than either subscribing to pay tv or going down the pub.

125. Well that’s information I didn’t know I needed, Kelsey.

I don’t believe anything that’s put in front of me these days.
    That’s what it’s come to.

Is this for real or is it just some publicity stunt?

This is the description of the video on youtube….

Last August, as Person of the Year runner-up Donald Trump was establishing himself as a real contender, the candidate agreed to pose with a bald eagle for a TIME cover story. The idea came from Martin Schoeller, the award-winning portrait photographer and frequent TIME contributor who shot the cover.

The eagle’s name, for the record, is Uncle Sam, and he’s 27 years old.

kelsey
    I think FB stuff is protected unless you’re logged in.
    I’ve tried to post FB photo links before and they aren’t allowed directly.

No, no, NG, you are mixing up your bloggers – ’tis Kelsey aka Crystal bollocks who does not watch the game, and then volunteers to write a match report which is gratefully accepted by Rasper! 😀

And not the inestimable reports of LB who avidly watches every game.

Crystals does not need to watch the game – he just adjusts his balls and scries the game, so he knows who has assisted (Rambo) who has scored (Giro) and the final result (0 : 3) — two days before the game is played, and if you are nice he will tell you who is going to win the Premier League – just before the men in the white coats come for him! 😀

Chas,

I meant to say, earlier, that the ‘photo you posted of your trip to Paris revealed a very cool dude nonchalantly posing in front of Marble Arch, or Tyburn as it used to be known. 🙂

I am not sure how you got the antique Parisian auto-bus behind you – tho your dexterity at photoshopping could be the answer. 🙂

How does Eddie manage to restrain herself? 😀

I’m guessing that NG is making fun of the people who were making fun of me.

But just in case there is any genuine confusion. I would say that I have missed, maybe, five games, tops, in the last twenty years, probably longer than that but my memory is awful.

I know what is going to happen next, Chas is going to call me a light weight for missing so many games 😉

The whole notion that some tosser could vaguely suggest that you hadn’t watched the game is so preposterous as to be absurd.

He had no idea you used to go away with Denton. 🙂

Haha, LB.
    Nearly but not quite. 🙂

p.s. your Denton story is one of my all-time AA favourites.

Dandan’s brown Cortina (or whatever it was) trip to Sunderland with his mates was another classic in the ‘when I was younger’ type post.

I’m going to find out it was kelsey in a beige Vauxhall Viva, aren’t I?

Cech just looks and sounds like a born Gooner.

I just want to clear up something about my visits to the 12 Pins. It’s true I do go there but only when the game cannot be seen any where else. Nowadays Irish TV seems to show all the Arsenal games but not so long ago I would be watching the game with an Albanian commentary, you have got to love this supporting Arsenal malarkey.

I am a bit of an oddity because I don’t drink beer, which means that when I pay my nine pounds to get in and am given two coloured cards which can be used to buy drinks, I don’t use them so rather than let them go to waste I give them to two people at the end of the game who I think would appreciate them, they always look at me as though I am mad but hey ho, it’s better than being the only male in the 12 Pins drinking a glass of red wine.

LB
    Give them a bit more and ask for a pint of red wine.

The chaps getting the free pint vouchers are going to love you. Could be me and Ant. 🙂

I tried a Barolo the other day, simply because I’d read it before on here.
    I enjoyed it, but not being a connoisseur, felt it was wasted on me.

140. It was a light hearted comment LB and in no way intended to denigrate either your excellent posts or your loyal support for the club. I would regret it if you or anyone else took it in the wrong way.

Look at the picture above and guess which one is NB 🙂

142. Le Coq Monster says:

Thanks LB….an excellent report on a fantastic result !…..a result which I wasn`t really too bothered about, but even so, one of our best ever European away wins considering the position we were in.
    This 12 pins place sounds like it probably has a better atmosphere than actually being at a home game itself….can someone confirm or deny this ?.
    Apart from Daphne and Velma of Scooby Doo fame !……anyone else ever fancied a bit of upper crust like Lady Penelope ?…….I have this fantasy of no strings attached sex with her……and LB thought he was a bit of an oddity !. hahaha

143. Le Coq Monster says:

Not sure Kelsey !…..if one had no hair and was staggering with a wine bottle in his hand…that might make it easier !

I think Parker was dipping his bread in the gravy.
    You don’t get that kind of knowing grin on your face unless you’re getting some extra tips.

Hahaa,just got the no strings attached. 🙂

146. Le Coq Monster says:

Yes me Lady !. 😀

Discussion on AA about Lady Penelope and Parker in a remake of fake taxi.
    Normal

148. Le Coq Monster says:

Can anyone get the Arsenal related bit ?……and Cliff is still a crap dancer !.
    Lady P is hot and my wife would understand why I say….”F A B”…at the end of sex !. hahaha…………………….and no !….I`m not on drugs !. hahaha

what is the Denton story?

not watching footy tonight 🙂 but Liverpool drew with Sion, despite trying very hard to lose 🙂

I see I’ve been here 🙂

Hawaii ON if anyone interested. Final round.

fake taxi, micky I am ashamed of you 😉 NB stars in most of those clips.

152. Red Arnie says:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant post, LB. 🙂 🙂 🙂

tra la la la la la la. Sorry knot ear. However, I would like to post two videos in celebration. 🙂

153. Red Arnie says:

Forgot to say, thank you all. Brilliant days blogging. Who said it is only when we lose that people flock on AA? 😛

154. RC78 says:

Giroud the hailed hero but unhailed heroes are Cech, Kos and Ozil.

Just arrived home, I had to take my daughter to several different appointments. Great report LB – just the facts.

I was one of those among us who was very skeptical about our ability to gain a winning margin but after the first 15/20 minutes I was beginning to feel a lot more confident.

I am one of the few that felt that both Campbell and Giroud were being maligned and I was delighted that they along with Ozil were the standout players for us – long may it last.

Chas – believe me my friend I have a cast iron liver (seasoned by multiple gallons of single malts) so a few(ish) bottles of the best red are no issue at all!. I can’t ever remember waking up with a hangover – I sleep right through them…..

If (a bloody big IF) we get our full team back up and healthy before the next round of the CL then I truly believe that we will create a few nasty surprises to the unsuspecting.

The best result of the week was United dropping down to playing “Spursday” football – you just have to love that…………

Night all………….

156. oi you knobheads…. stop mentioning me when I’m not around to respond 🙂

no hair and staggering around with a bottle of wine , that;’s me. Actually I’m doing it at the moment ha ha.

Morning All.

That Thunderbirds clip is surreal. Love it

Great dog face

Crystals @8:40
    ’twas not I. People (RA/Chas?) impersonate other bloggers occasionally 🙄

It’s all Chas’ fault, Mickish — obviously! 😀

Morning Erik and RA

That impersonating thing will go wrong one day. Think we should knock it on the head.

Just watched the Thunderbirds clip. Surreal indeed

Micky,

Are you serious about Hawaii?

Keep me posted – I know it well and if I can get insurance I could take you to some great surfing spots — not that that would be too difficult!! 🙂

Micky,

I always own up if the ‘impersonator’ is moi – and the comment(s) are always transparent and inoffensive – I hope.

The impostor thing is weird – after all in the real world I am not actually named Big Raddy ( except to the twins 🙂 )

Ok, I get it RA
    Sorry for confusion. I have never been to Hawaii, what I meant was by “I see I’ve been here” was reference to Chas impersonatinf me in a comment

I think I’ve done it myself in a more roundabout way, but still think it could go wrong

Erik
    You’ll always be Big Raddy to them 🙂

Bit boring, if this is a whinge. I wanted to tease Rasp, who is a friend, by telling a joke – no one else calls him The Rasper – doh – so it was me – and I confirmed it shortly afterwards.

There has to be something worse to moan about, surely? Maybe not.

RA
    Relax dear, no big deal 🙂

Confusion reigned.

I did not know about anyone impersonating you, Micky – and as I had admitted to my ‘The Rasper’ comment yesterday I assumed you were referring to that. Sorry back! 🙂

Best to leave it, I guess.

Put Hawaii on your bucket list for things to do before you leave this mortal coil — seriously – the islands are fantastic, and for a surf dude like you, even more so, provided a tiger shark does not take an interest in a tasty Brit. 😀

Big Un,

I do not know who ‘the twins’ are — children? stars? the cheeky girls?

Who dem? 😀

RA
    Was watching surfing until v late last night
    No way on earth would I attempt Pipeline
    It had never been surfed until releatively recently as considered too dangerous
    Going one way (back door) you can end in 5 inches of water and below are razor sharp pointy teeth like coral

My children RA be twins

Morning all, read report yesterday morning but haven’t been able to comment until now.

Marvellous report LB.

What has been interesting (to me anyway) is that few seem to be commenting on is the players that delivered that performance without the help of some of the stars/ever presents this season. Flamini deputising for Coq, Rambo filling in the Santi role, Campbell instead of Alexis etc. That for me was the best thing about Wednesday night because maybe we will start to see that there is strength in the squad, and we can rely on them to deliver when called upon. And we still have almost a full team out injured.

That’s true, Micky, and I have experienced being dumped on my back from a great height, and getting ‘sand burn’, and no swimming trunks. 🙂

But there are many fantastico places that are thrilling but safe – the professionals and the locals just love the dangerous stuff — and that’s why you need someone to show you the great but safe areas – and I do not charge much!! 😀

Raddy,

That’s great! Twins must be wonderful.

I went out with a lovely girl – nothing serious – and she and her sister were always playing tricks on me – again nothing naughty – just super fun – oddly that was in Hawaii, too.

Oh jeepers RA
    Don’t start on gorgeous bikini clad Hawaiian twin surf babes.
    That is a topic for later in the day

Could I make a request of Gorgeous, that he find the clip of the orang-utan who was shown a ‘magic’ trick and after watching it carefully fell about laughing.

It is one of the most endearing vids I have seen in many a day.

Can I thank you in advance Gorgeous Chas. 🙂

Totts are through to the next round in Europa cup. what if they win? Nay, they are Tottenham, bound to screw up

Red Mancs are trying to lure Bale, Naymar and Ronaldo 🙂 🙂 what about Messi???

GiE – I like your comment about deputising. You are right the deputies did well, we have depth after all. Couldn’t deputise Ozil though, he needs some cotton wool

Gorgeous is shopping today, cooking tomorrow, on the road on Sunday, no time for special requests

Morning all, rant required 🙂

Thank you, Eddie, I did not know you were his diary secretary – very interesting! 🙂

I have a rant for you Rasper – stop impersonating me! 😀

183. Rasp…. there’s one in Nuts… if you have nothing else.

That is probably painful, NB. 🙂