Take a bow, Arsène.

This is how we remember you and the style of football you like your teams to play. Fast, incisive counter-attack football with technical wizardry. We had it, then lost it for a few years, now, joy of joys we’ve found it again and we’re flying!

Leicester (a), Manchester Utd (h), Watford (a), our last three PL fixtures. On paper, all tricky fixtures, and yet Arsenal smashed them all by a three-goal margin.

Watford have been awkward customers in years gone by, and have been known to cause the odd upset, I’m sure many of us remember the scourge of Mo Johnston.

They’ve started their latest journey into the shark-infested waters of the PL steadily without looking spectacular, but have been defensively very solid, conceding the same amount as Arsenal, before kick-off. They certainly look to have enough about them to avoid relegation.

The first half was quite nervy, Watford showed no intimidation and took the game to Arsenal. Indeed Ighalo could and probably should have scored with the home side’s best chance of the game, but once the early storm had been blown out, by the end of the first half, Arsenal were looking far more settled.

Arsenal stepped up a gear about 15 minutes into the second half with the first goal coming just after the hour, another exquisite effort from our very own red-hot Chile, Alexis Sanchez. Just six minutes later, Olivier Giroud, fresh from replacing Theo, added a second, which was nice after all his recent woes. A comprehensive win was rounded off by the hard-working Aaron Ramsey, one of our unsung heroes.

There’s definitely something about Arsène and Arsenal this year. A quiet momentum is growing. Okay, it was only newly-promoted Watford, but they’ve been a bogey side for Arsenal, and the way they dispatched them was professional and ruthless.

There is a buzz of excitement around the club again, almost like Arsène was transported back in time to reclaim something he’d forgotten to bring with him. And now he’s found it again he’s reminding all his doubters, the whole football world, and those loyal fans who never lost faith, exactly what he’s capable of when he has the right ingredients. It feels wonderful to be an Arsenal fan right now, then fires have been stoked again. But is still very much OGAAT – excluding CL, naturally.

What would make a PL title even sweeter is (if he’s still around), it will finally silence the despicable egotistical Mourinho and leave him nowhere to run. For all Arsène’s flaws, I’d pick him over Mourinho every time. No-one deserves a PL title more than Arsene, his has been the longest often darkest journey, for which he has shown remarkable fortitude.

At this moment in time, I believe.

Here are my player ratings: –

Petr Cech is the consummate professional, and is as influential to Arsenal as Peter Schmeichel and Edwin van der Sar were for Utd. The importance of his signing cannot be under-stated, he is a level up from both David Seaman and Jens Lehmann, and it surely is no coincidence that since his arrival, the whole Arsenal collective have upped their game. He exudes calm and class and might not wear the captain’s armband on the field, but what he has achieved in the game, his desire to repeat that success and the fact that he wanted to come to Arsenal has resonated round the club like a virtual clarion call. 9

Hector Bellerin is immense. Already faster than Theo, he terrorises opposition defenders, and defensively he’s improving all the time. Clearly a boy with the football world at his feet, but better yet, he is loving being at Arsenal. 7

Nacho Monreal just gets it done. No fuss or nonsense, he has nailed down the left back spot and puts in a consistent quality performance most weeks. 8

Per Mertesacker is one who has benefited from Cech’s arrival and knows he has competition for his place from the impressive Gabriel. 7

Laurent Koscielny has had and will have better games, but he helped keep a clean sheet and is coming back from injury so can be forgiven for being a little off pace. 7

Francis Coquelin must be one of the best discoveries of the last five years. Has confidently stepped in to make him undroppable. Doing a fantastic job. 8

Santi Cazorla is loving his deeper role and relishing the added responsibility playing alongside Coquelin. 8

Aaron Ramsey is tireless, has a terrific appetite and work ethic. Finally got rewarded for his industry yesterday with his goal. 8

Mesut Ozil is like a new signing! Having been originally thrown in to the PL at the deep end from the relatively sunny and comfortable La Liga, he struggled with the work-load. The introduction of Sanchez and dropping Cazorla deeper has allowed Ozil to flourish, and he’s enjoying his best spell since signing. 8

Alexis Sanchez is incredible. He only arrived back from International duty on Friday, twenty four hours later he’s leading the charge against Watford! He inspires everyone around him to be better, he has quality in abundance. 9

Theo Walcott was left a bit frustrated largely because of some resolute defending and the Goalkeeper Gomes. But he still made a contribution and his season won’t be defined by games like this. 7

Written by Herb’s Army

81 Responses to Take a bow, Arsène.

1. Le Coq Monster says:

All Raddy needs now is some cheap beer !.

2. Le Coq Monster says:

The only way to stop Transplant from cooking the books at Stavros Accountants !.

3. oh Rasp…. now you’re just posting for the sake of it. Herb the optimistic gooner?, come on….. you know next week after we’ve lost to Bayern and just about managed a draw against the Toffees he’ll be screaming for Wengers head. Scraping the barrel you is…. Herb is about as much a gooner as ‘this moment in time’. Next week he’ll be a totally different animal… the Devil is in the details.

Are you sure Herb wrote this 🙂

Your ratings are about right though Bellerin deserves an 8 IMO but Mertesacker would be the glaring weak link against good counter attacking sides.
    Tomorrow is a completely different game.Not sure if I want us to win or not.That doesn’t sound right,does it.I am thinking that even after 2 CL games we need to win at the least tomorrow and other games later on and also hope for other results to go our way.

Will AW prioritise the different competitions ?

5. Big Raddish eventually finds some cheap women in Poland:

Hi NB,

First: peaches published the post not me

Secondly: it was the only post submitted to the site, no one else put fingers to keyboard!

Thirdly: Herb is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t – why wouldn’t you want to encourage him when he’s being positive?

Fourthly: It takes all types to make a world

Fifthly: 😀

Thanks Herb, not been able to get on due to work and overseas visitors. Still a bit busy but I have had a brief chance to look back through the comments over the last couple of posts.

It brought a chuckle to me to note that since my ban on talking about Theo, that Theo has become a regular talking point. I knew they would come around 🙂

So onto Theo it is then and I think you have hit the nail on the head Herb in that Theo will be judged on his contribution across the season.

For me this will include firstly the obvious, by judging him on goal tally. Possibly beyond this though it could be when and how he scores, i.e is he proving decisive or giving us an edge or getting us ahead in key games.

The second point is the more difficult one, and the one I feel some of our erstwhile bloggers miss. That is how the team generally play when a certain striker starts.

Do the other creative players seem to flourish more when a certain striker starts? Do we seem to play better attacking football when a particular striker leads the line? What is our win percentage and team scoring percentage with our different starting strikers. This needs to be looked at to determine who should start to help us shape and get the upper hand in the game and who should be an impact sub.

I heard some say that as Theo hasn’t scored for 2 games that this is now ample time and irrefutable proof that Theo shouldn’t be our (current) first choice striker. Further that because Giroud came off the bench and scored he should be.

That would be ignoring the fact that in one of those games he didn’t score in (Utd) that he got high praise and ratings from almost all quarters, with some even saying it was his best game for us despite not scoring. His contribution as striker to carving them open and aiding his other attacking team-mates in their goals.

It also ignores the fact that any of us could trawl through the recent history of games and likely find a scenario where Aguero hasn’t scored for 2 games but a sub has come off the bench and scored, or even further that someone like a Papis Cisse has scored in those corresponding fixtures at Newcastle. Do we then conclude that the Citeh sub should replace Aguero as first choice striker or that Citeh should do a direct swap between Aguero and Papis Cisse?

I am afraid for me this conclusion that 2 games without a goal and a sub scoring when he comes decides who is our best option as first choice striker is very flawed. Still come back and have a go if you think you’re hard enough 🙂 ….I may however conveniently not be around 🙂 ….I lie, I always check back on those wishing to remonstrate with me.

Oh and for the record I still think we need another prolific striker with certain skill sets, but that wouldn’t necessarily be at Theo’s expense. Say we had a Lewandowski I would have no issue with Theo playing inside right wing-forward in this situation and then playing striker instead of him when need dictates, but the debate at present is about who is best to lead the line with what we currently have available.

Superb Herb, thanks

Never fear the u-turn is mantra.
    A massive brained American philosopher once said “consistency is for twats” and I agree
    Aim for the highest and if you end bottom then bollocks just do it again

GB
    “Some bloggers”
    Not matey. Made the same point yesterday. Ask Mesut and Alexis 😀

11. Brilliant comment GoonerB, one striker adds so much more to the attack by being pacy and letting the other clever, pacy forwards work their magic than the other.

However much I love the other 🙂 I love the way we play with the former and if I were Alexis or Ozil I’d be hoping it were he that was in the starting line-up.

In truth I love them both in different ways 😉

12. Red Arnie says:

Well done, Herb. 🙂

Rasp, agreed. Yes, we need some encouragement for Herb. Even if do not agree withy the ratings. 😛 I agree fully with the spirit, though.

Big game Tuesday. I vote for Ollie upfront, Easter rather than Mert starting, and Cech still ahead of Ospina, but only marginally. COYG. 🙂

What on earth happens on that road to Damascus? I thought it had to be something special but after reading that I have upped my expectations ten fold, what are we talking here: night clubs, loose women, exotic drugs. Damn, I want to make that journey.

Brilliant post Herb, a joy to read.

14. Red Arnie says:

GoonerB. I dont miss the point. But my views are in the minority. But teh doubters will all come round soon enough. And then we will have no excuse that we have not seen what certain individuals can do when they are started in certain positions.

We are collecting the data, and some patterns are emerging. 🙂

15. Sorry Herb, forgot to thank you for the post.

I remember writing to you on the night that Thierry scored his comeback goal. Do you remember? You were in the doldrums and I wasn’t having it because I’d just witnessed the most incredible moment in history being made.

There have been other such moments, beating Barcelona at home, beating the slimy spuds 5-2 twice :), coming from behind to beat Newcastle at home when we looked dead and buried, leading City 2-1 for a few moments last season. Did I think all these were the start of something big? Yes of course I did. Do I think we can win the league this season? Yes of course I do.

Can the will of believing carry us through …… only time will tell but it’s going to be a fantastic ride 🙂

Thanks Herb, there was certainly plenty to celebrate about Saturday’s win …..

….the team showing the patience to wait for the opposition to tire
    ….Rambos determination
    ….Ozil’s quality
    ….Alexis’ spirit
    ….Bellerin’s development
    ….etc etc 🙂

Tomorrow’s team selection will answer all our questions about AW’s focus for the season.

For me the scenario is simple. Field our strongest side and go all out to get as many points against BM as we can to progress in the competition – or play a weakened side and hope we finish 4th in the group as nobody wants to play on spursdays.

I wrote this the other day.

We will play two thirds of the league against teams that pack their defence as Watford did pretty well for an hour and that’s were Theo let’s me down.

Now BM are a different class and to be honest I don’t see either Walcott or Giroud getting the space,nor making an impact, unless the providers hand it to them on a plate 🙂

Oh and if we get another penalty against them we all know who shouldn’t take it 😉

A spookily good Post, Herb, and all the better for it.

There is a school of thought that ‘if you get knocked down – get up and try again, and if necessary get up and try yet again’.

Of course it is nonsense – those people who keep doing the same thing and getting the same results are plain stupid, just like those who do something wrong with their computer and believe if they sit there long enough it will fix itself. 🙂

Is it possible that you have realised that being perpetually negative is cuter-productive and no fun, whereas a balanced approach with both a little negativity (however that is defined) and a little positivity ( again, definition is important) can add to the quality of life including blogging.

That is why I used the word ‘spookily’ in the first sentence, you have gone from one state to the other, and tho that is much more preferable, you can quite easily balance your points of view with certain reservations and you won’t crack when the pressure builds up. Anyway well done. 😉

I like to think that we are seeing a case of tropism. That is a biological phenomenon usually associated with plants and shows a ‘turning’ in response to an environmental stimulus such as sunlight — I like to think of the change in your assessments as being a tropism as a result of you being exposed to the light of AA. 😀

It has failed with GB, of course – but – well, we cannot win them all – and it is probably his isolation with wormy camels who are notoriously not for turning.

Some great comments

Is the rip roaring Viking back tomorrow to attend to his pre-match Post, or have the Polish vixens turned his head?

Here is one, below, in case his libido is not yet under control – and how much is it worth to Micky not to tell his Mrs? 🙂

Der Bayern Experience – Yah!

Sie sind kommen- vee vill bash zem und vin. Sehr gut! Vielen dank.

Auf Wiedersehen

That will cost you a pint of lager, Red Erik. 🙂

21. hello everyone not sure if this it the right place if not can someone please guide me to where i can get this information. I was a regular back in the day so that why i decided to come hear to see if i can get the information

planning to visit England in December so wanted to get information on places to stay also how to get tickets. first time ever travelling so any help is appreciated

22. thanks in advance for the help

Hi fred1266,

Welcome to AA. I’m sure we can help you but it is too big a question to answer in comments. Please send us an email to arsenalnuts@live.co.uk, giving details/dates etc and we will get back to you shortly

Afternoon Arnie. Not looking to pick a fight but just generally interested in your take on things. As such could you clarify what you mean by the doubters coming around soon enough and what data and emerging patterns you are referring to.

Redders I have failed in many things in my life but I do like sunlight and do consider myself a bit of a biological phenomenon 🙂 …so it can’t be the tropicalism thingy you are referring to. I must know where I have failed you as my camels have never complained 🙂

That would be ‘tropism’ dearest GoonerB-good-to-your-4-legged-friends.

I find it somewhat surprising that you have not given the camels the hump, at some stage, and turned your dromedaries into bactrians –but there you go.

I do not have any specific complaints about you, myself, other than to say you are one of the world’s worst, or maybe the best at winning non-existent arguments.

What is this cobblers you spout “I heard some say that as Theo hasn’t scored for 2 games that this is now ample time and irrefutable proof that Theo shouldn’t be our (current) first choice striker”.

Then you launch into a supposedly convincing argument to refute the alleged statement that no one made. Naturally you will win that as there is no one to contest it with. This is, of course, a false syllogism.

OK, Arnie may have made it clear that he has had doubts about Theo, but unless you think he is schizophrenic he can hardly be referred to as ‘some’ and there has never been an embargo ton saying that Theo is the bees knees – it would be just pointless.

My suspicion is that as you can never win an argument with a camel, you have formed a habit of inventing make believe arguments with them, and now us to experience the joy of winning — and perhaps the reason for that is the iterative need to experience the winning feeling by whatever means as there might be a frisson of terror lurking in your mind that you may never be able to win any other way.

[Now, I am prepared to clarify any part of that – or you could ask those sturdy camels of yours to do so! And it serves you right for dragging me into this fine mess, Stanley.] 😀

26. Ooh! You do use such lovely long words Redders.

And it is not just long words, Norfolk. 🙂

Thanks, Herbaceous, that’s a fine summation of both game and players.

I did read the post earlier in the day and was puzzled by the ‘scourge of Mo Johnston’ remark as I have no memory of him doing well against us.
    I do remember John Barnes and Luther Blissett taking the piss in an FA Cup game at Highbury, but have nothing in my failing memory for Mo Johnston?

29. thanks Rasp i remember you form the last time i visited always so helpful sendig email now

🙂

Some on twitter have been whingeing about some scheme to accompany other fans to the game and I’ve only just seen an article on what it is all about.
    The quote is from the link below.

“Logically, there’s no point in going. The weather’s often sh*t, the roads are jammed, and public transport a nightmare. You spend far more money than you can really justify to be regularly disappointed with the fare on show.

Why do that, when you can watch on telly with replays, a perfect HD view, and all the amenities and comfort you could possibly need? Why trudge to the game when you can go for a slash at home without queuing up or your feet sticking to a pissy floor?

As trite as it sounds, it’s because of the people. It’s meeting up with mates and making new ones, and being on nothing more than nodding terms with complete strangers for years. It’s the buzz on the way to the game and the shared joy/angst after it.

You can’t buy that…until now. The last part of the game that couldn’t be controlled or forced or monetised will become all those things if weWOWwe and their ‘partner fans’ have their way. Supporters are now happy enough to swindle their own.”

chas – have you realised that you have advertised their services?? I think it is a great idea, where can I apply for a job as the professional fan?

No, you have it wrong, Eddie, you need to attend a game with a professional fan.

Ok thanks Redders, I think I got it. So to clarify I create non existent arguments with non existent persons, who happen to not disagree with me even in their non-existence, therefore creating a Utopian blogging scenario where only I can win said argument as in fact no-one, apart from the invented fictional ones of course, is in disagreement with me and all this is in an attempt to massage a lowly camel wormers ego to the end result of satisfying a craving for a triumphant feeling of winning an argument that never existed in the first place against persons that never existed in the first place. Is that right 🙂

And to think I thought it was debating, bloody camel wormers eh 🙂

what 🙂 why?

37. No, no, no GoonerB, you got it all wrong. Hang around a bit and Redders will be along to explain it again. 😀

Another good post from Herb, thank you very much.

I like the quite momentum scenario, I hope you are right. I am not as optimistic as you are and think that your post was published today because it is time sensitive, ie after the BM game it might become too happy for some fans to stomach

Why did you give Koscielny only 7? He is immense, holding the whole back together

39. Herb's Army says:

Greetings everyone.

Football often writes its own script, and we by definition are on the emotional roller-coaster.
    This Post is such an example.
    I didn’t see the game, I was in company, so essentially I winged it.
    Apologies to you, RA, I’ve not been near my computer, so was unaware that you’d posted a proper, well-balanced match-report
    yesterday.
    I do find it amusing that you think I’ve either had a complete mental U-turn, or that I’ve been on the road to Damascus.
    Nothing of the sort.
    I would counter that by suggesting that Arsene has done some soul-searching and discovered his own road to Damascus.
    In May 2014, there was an unsigned contract at the Emirates, and many wondered whether Arsene was calling it a day.
    I bet Arsene thought long and hard about signing the contract, the physical and mental wear and tear, personal attacks and ridicule perpetuated by all the main media outlets for fans to salivate over.
    He is human, subject to the same emotional nuances we all have to endure.
    Like most people with big decisions to make, I’m sure Arsene would have sought counsel from people like David Dein, maybe even Fergie or George Graham. He would have scrutinised and examined his own philosophy and the ability to re-create that vision.
    I think it’s fair to say that for every supporter happy to see Arsene sign the new three year contract, there were an equal number disappointed.
    But Arsene isn’t stupid, he knows that the PL is a pressure-cooker, and he will have known when signing the contract that there was a great deal of unrest among Arsenal fans. He has felt the love and adulation of the supporters, and more recently he’s had fans scream at him that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.
    Deep down that will hurt him, and that, for me, was one of the driving forces for him to have signed the contract. This one has personal resonance, to show Arsenal supporters how passionately he cares about the club’s welfare, and that he shares the same frustration.
    Since he signed there has been more urgency to get things right.
    It was there in fits and starts last year, but there were visible signs of improvement in amongst the usual mix of some fantastic victories and embarrassing losses.
    Sometimes all it takes is attention to detail and a few little tweaks.
    Last season was just too early for Hector Bellerin, Gabriel Paulista didn’t arrive until January, and going into 2014/15 Francis Coquelin was on loan at Charlton.
    This season has seen a significant change.
    A truly world-class Goalkeeper was bought in the summer, Bellerin has now made the right/wing back position his own, Gabriel looks quality, and Coquelin has made the club captain a bit-part player.
    Subtle changes that have transformed Arsenal from being a perennial nearly club to genuine PL title contenders.
    No, this isn’t my road to Damascus, it is very much Arsene’s.
    The victory over Manchester United confirmed this for me.

GB @ 6:44

Absolutely spot on — could not have said it better! 😀

Hi Herb,

You are being too modest – Rasp used a throwaway comment I made and used it as a stop-gap Post – it did not have anything going for it. 🙂

Your Post went down well, altho you now rival Kelsey for writing reports and giving ratings for a game you did not see. 🙂

In fairness, as I read it the player ratings were for cumulative performances this season and not specifically for the game on Saturday.

Keep it up, Herb, and stay away from camels.

Did you guys hear about lovely Gary Neville looking after the homeless? Told you that his is allright

44. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all.
    Herb, you have done me again, I never had you down for this post at all, and after reading the post and seeing your name on the bottom surprised me

I find it very hard to gauge you Herb.I realise you are an Arsenal man, but you do sway a little when the wind blows. You have written a post that i felt was written by a new Arsenal supporter, In fact to speak the truth i felt you laid it on a bit, I know opinions differ from one person to another and although me and you don’t seem to see eye to eye on a few things, But after the game i was blowing to you way of thinking a little , as i didn’t think we was that good,

I felt the first half was a little boring, missed chances, giving the ball away stray passing, the odd cross to an empty box, in fact i was very much on the side of Herb 1, Second half was a little better, I agree with you on Sanchez he is quality, but tends to carry the ball to long, but should he lose it he runs all over the park to win it back, not many of the others do that.

Cech, again i agree, he is a good keeper, better than Seaman well a bit of a statement that after less than half a season.

Arsenal V United breathtaking football
    Watford V Arsenal untidy lot of mistakes.

Both games resulted in wins for us, and i suppose we will have to take the wins for what they were worth, 6 points.

Herb you said you winged it and admitted you hadn’t watched the match, you must have got your info from different places as i didn’t agree on us being that good

So me and you are still a ways apart, But thank you for putting yourself out mate.

45. Herb's Army says:

Hi RA

Bang on regarding my marking system, Kos is just making his way back, and I should have given Bellerin an 8.

Chas – I think you’re right, Mo Johnston only played for Watford 1983-84. My memory must be shot.

Steve – There’s nothing to gauge. I’ve explained my thinking process
    regarding Arsene and Arsenal in my 7.28pm comment.
    The point about Cech is the professional gravitas and winning mentality he brings with him, similar to Alexis Sanchez.
    Cech is a PL and Champions League winner, very recently too, and he wants to replicate that success at Arsenal. Alexis Sanchez is a La Liga and Champions League winner with similar hunger and determination.
    It’s been a while since we saw that level of desire and ambition at the club, and it should be embraced.

46. Red Arnie says:

GoonerB. The primary job of a CF is to score goals, using feet, head, arse, or any other part of the anatomy. Goals per minute played is all that matters. Or at least to provide assists.

Not to demonstrate mistimed sprinting ability by collecting pointless offsides. Running after the ball does not count, but making opposition defenders run after you do.

Just my opinion. Far from convincing so far. And the minute count is increasing by the minute, not so much the goal count.

Arnie

There you go again. Results man. Style is an irrelevance to your sort.

You may do a truck load of culture and shit, but you have the artistry of a hippopotamus, and are as such, never welcome in my home.

Oh bugger. You have been in my home, and very pleasant you were too. I do hate my theories sometimes as I get carried away and leave gaping holes 🙂

Chas

I swear I saw a heatmap 🙂

Here’s a queer thing. Right now, I’m in Germany, while Big is next door in Poland. I have woken up with a very strong urge to invade

This popped up on my twitter timeline, Micky.
    Thought you might appreciate it. 🙂

ha ha and morning

Have you sorted out a bar to watch the game tonight?

Just had a look, here you go……

Chas
    I actually thought he had better stats than Aguero a short while ago

Thing is, there are people on this site, and I know who they are, who would rather win titles long ball style if that’s what it took.

If that happens, I’m taking up the violin even harder and quitting football 🙂

Bar? It’s a disaster. Flight lands back in Bristol at 8:30 tonight!!!!!!!

Metal in arm set bells ringing in Bristol yesterday, which apparently makes me a drug mule. Out came the swabs. Sniffed my arse. It was like cats at a cocktail party 🙄

…or moving to the Southern hemisphere to watch rugby?

3 hours practice a day is going to be tough.

That article attached to the heat map tweet is going to take at least a week to understand.

I would never move to the Southern Hemisphere. How dare you.

I said 2 hours, and no it’s not. Three hours only if Arsene makes me quit by playing a 2ndXI tonight 🙂

Oh God. There’s another blunder of mine. A theory with a gaping hole. I would move to the southern hemisphere if pushed.

Cornwall

As LB said, a morning cat vid sets the day up. Superb

ok, must go

Me, too. I’m now commenting from my phone device as my internet has just dropped out.
    It’s been running like a bag of shite this morning, so was half expecting it to crumble. A bit like some supporters after a bad result. 🙂

A bit of a treat this morning, two cats vids, which probably means we are going to win 2-0 tonight, yes, that’s it, it’s official, we are going to win 2-0. And people think cat vids are not football related, puh, what do they know?

Late flight home. Highly recommend Krakow – what a brilliant place. Food excellent, Polish girls beautiful, most people speak English and everything half the price of home.

Add in some wonderful architecture, fine art galleries and good quality shopping and it becomes a must visit.

And for you lucky English/ Ryansair and Easyjet flights.

Now to read the post and comments before starting the PM.

Ospina injured for tonight – yeah, right 😕 🙂

Quite right. LB, 2 : 0 it is then — just shows there is a reason for cats.

Hi Randy,

Glad you enjoyed your invasion of Poland — I don’t suppose there were many people over there, as I think they are all in London! 🙂

Don’t worry about a pre-match, as I did one for you at 3:27 p.m.

Just lie back and take it easy — oh, wait, you hippies do that anyway, don’t you? 🙂

RA. You are quite correct, chilling out is an essential element of hippiedom.

Herb. Super write up, thank you. And for your 7.28 comment

IMO if we cannot enjoy the good times, and 11 goals in our last 3 PL games is surely as good as we have seen for a little while, then what is the point of fandom?

Could well come tumbling down tonight but I have hopes – not high ones but hopes nonetheless

RA. Thanks for your 3.27. It will form the basis of my post 🙂

11 hours.

Rasp – wenger confirmed yesterday that cech is in goal as ospina is injured. I, like you thought instantly that it was a very convenient injury. Face saving exercise to cover up for the greek blunder

Hi Eddie, are we to infer then that if Ospina wasn’t ‘injured’ he would be in goal tonight? 😆

No Rasp. I think that ospina would brake his own leg rather than play tonight ☺

I hope micky accomplished the mission in Germany, fed lasagne in Munich and we will sail to victory tonight. Either that or doom and gloom tomorrow

Yep, this is the MWG of all MWGs 🙂

Thank god stats mean nothing in football

Raddy – I’m delighted you liked Poland. Next stop Warsaw, or skiing in Tatra mountains, or basking in the sun on white sand by the sea. Beautiful country

Micky – according to Russians it was the other way round – Poland invaded Germany. Achtung!!

There is a New Post.