Theo to Sting the Hornets

Just a Quickie as BR is on holiday …….

Long internal enlivened by some fine performances by our chaps. Highlight has to be Ramsey who was superb for Wales – though Alexis’ 3 goals is quite tasty!

Watford: It is many years since I trudged from Watford main train station to the Vicarage Road – so long that all I can remember is that it was a sunny afternoon and we won. Let’s be honest, Watford, for all their Premiership credentials, are a small club. They have done brilliantly to get to 12th in the PL and I predict they will stay up but even getting a point today will be above the Watford fans expectations.

images-1

I was listening to a Watford fan (are they Hornets?) and his main positive about this afternoon was that Alexis will be on the bench following his transatlantic flights. Are we capable of winning sans-Alexis? We shall find out.

Assuming Mr Wenger gives Alexis a rest have we enough to win the game and who will play out on the left? Will the Ox get a start on the right with Ramsey coming infield and Ozil going left? Will Arteta start allowing Santi to play the Alexis role? Β Perhaps Giroud will start and Theo go centre left. Loads of permutations which bodes well for the season.

Luckily the French team have not woken up to the fact that Coquelin is the best DM in Europe – long may that continue.

Theo is in the best scoring run of his career and I see no reason why it should stop today.

My hope is that the feelgood factor following the MU thrashing has imbued the squad with enough positivity to see us win the PL title , the Champions League, the FA Cup (has there ever been a triple winner?), the Ryder Cup and the Islington bi-election. However, two weeks in football is a long time and beating Watford will do for a starter.

Scoring has been Β problem for Watford – they are the lowest scorers in the PL but they have the best defence! So on paper this will be a low scoring game.

If we keep a clean sheet we will win.

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

172 Responses to Theo to Sting the Hornets

1. Well done BR, how’s Poland?

Alexis has been cleared to play, there’s no way he will allow himself to be left out short of being incarcerated in the Tower of London.

As Wenger seems to be targetting the Premiership title, we shouldn’t expect any silly resting of players prior to the game against some German club or other on Tuesday.

………………………Cech……………………

Bellerin…..Merts…………..Koscielny…………..Monreal

………………………Coquelin…………..Cazorla

Ramsey………………..Ozil……………….Alexis

……………………Walcott……………..

We should have far too much for Watford so I’m 78.25% confident.

To the Absentee Viking, Giant Raddish,

Can I be honest on a man to man basis, you know, hombre a hombre and all that?

I’ll take your silence as consent then, should I? πŸ™‚

On each occasion you have adopted the ‘they don’t expect anything more than a point’, or, ‘if we keep a clean sheet {also known as stop them scoring} we should win’ – and I have, admittedly, permitted myself a little poetic licence there – we then go on to ……. lose.

Despite our friendship, — and turning a blind eye to your latent, insatiable Viking urges to fleece innocent Yankee tourists, with your lurid tales of how Jack the Ripper frequented the less savoury areas of Copenhagen to bump off sweet, docile young female women — I will never forgive you, if we lose today.

Hopefully Crystals will come on to soothe the worried brows of all those doubters, like me, by telling us what the score is/was/will be. πŸ˜€

Thanks Raddy!
    Is the winning percentage that obvious? I am 100% positive, same as I was before the West Ham game

this season’s goody bag:

Thanks Raddy, we have to be careful not to sink into post intern’l complacency.

I listened an interview with Troy Deenie on TS.

He said “We’re not that stupid that we will try to beat Arsenal playing football, but I watched the chelsea game and they were successful by roughing them up, so that’s what I am going to do, rough them up – I’m good at that”

Well I hope the ref has been made aware of his/his team’s intentions. As Red Arnie keeps saying, England have no chance of winning the WC whilst that attitude prevails.

I hope Le Coq puts the cocky bastard on his arse and rakes his studs down his achiles for good measure. What kind of professional would come out with a comment like that?

6. Rasp, don’t say too much about that nice chap Troy Deenie,….

On 25 June 2012, Deeney was sentenced to ten months’ imprisonment for affray for kicking a man in the head in a brawl. He was released after serving almost three months of the sentence, after showing his remorse, and since he was a first time offender.

7. Mooning chaps πŸ™‚

Just because someone has been in prison doesn’t neccessarily mean they can’t change, however, if someone says that prison changed their life from thuggery but then makes a comment about roughing up other players, just proves that they haven’t changed and are still a thug.

Nice short PM Raddish the Norsman

How are the cheap beers and cheap women?

Oh and Redders…. is a woman is a female, isn’t she?

On todays game…. if we are making a serious effort for the EPL title, then strongest side plays and that means Alexis. As Wenger would say, take every game one at a time so he shoudn’t be thinking about the Krouts in midweek, which is only going to be a training game for us anyway πŸ™‚

8. Rasp

You denounce ‘roughing up’ but then go on to hope that Le Coq puts his studs down Deenies achilis….. a bit of a double standard there me thinks πŸ™‚

Cheers, BR.
    Let’s hope we continue the momentum from the United game and score more goals than Watford.

10. Chas… I don’t understand that matrix one bit. What’s the difference between a ‘shot zone’ and a ‘danger zone’?

Explain please…

11. oh hold up…. I’ve just been able to read the small print in the bottom right corner…. I understand now. ok call me a fecking idiot πŸ™‚

R.I.P, Howard Kendall

NB
    I find these matrix type thingies interesting almost because they’re so difficult to understand. πŸ™‚

One conclusion from the above might be that our finishing is a bit shite!
    Stats – pfffft. πŸ™‚

14. So what it means is that we have to get closer to the opposition goal to score, but Chavs and City do it from a bit further out…. very enlightening πŸ™‚

15. So Chas posts a photo from the 30’s or 40’s with a woman holding a big rocket thing in her hand πŸ™‚

16. Murky Milky Micky isn’t online today….. he’s practicing his violin strokes and wrist movement πŸ™‚

Hi NB, re your @ 11:51, I’m sure you realise that I was suggesting that if Deeney does try to ‘rough up’ our players that we give him some back ….. not to the extent of getting a red card though πŸ˜•

I’m pretty sure Le Coq would not announce before a game, or even have the intention of trying to physically hurt an opponent.

Norther,

I will write to Oscar Hammerstein and complain, posthumously, on your behalf, about the ridiculous tautology he displayed in that stunning movie South Pacific!!

— There is nothing looks like a dame. And nothing acts like a dame. Or attracts like a dame. There ain’t a thing that’s wrong with any man here that can’t be cured by putting him near a girly female womanly feminine dame.

He’s got some nerve — but there is always someone to put him — and me — on the straight and narrow of English/American literature.

Let’s hope the weekend’s footie gets off to a good start with a 9 all draw at SHL. But I reckon clippity will get pool motivated and they’ll get the points.

20. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Nice one Raddish,
    Watching the new Liverpool Manager, His first Premier league game PM and he was all smiles and as cool as a cucumber, In a no lose situation thats why, lose and he has only been there two minutes win and he has made a big change. Brenda will be watching this one, hoping for a hiding, Didn’t like Brenda at all. but also not liking liverpool either.I am in one of those moods as i am not keen on Spuds as well, so a draw is about right.

Mcmanaman showing enthusiasm for his old club, bubbling over with how great a club and the spirit and all that bubbling crap. I have to say though, that when an ex Arsenal player talks about us, they seem completely calm and hardly enthusiastic do they,, as though nobody can be any better, than they was, so may win if they follow their advice.

Dont know what Asene drills in the players while they play under him, but it seems to me that they are getting trained in journalism as they all speak so calm and politely, and seem so unbiased..

Our game. We will win, i feel the only way we can lose this, is if the coach doesn’t turn up.

21. I’ll be watching the Spuds game…. hoping for a draw, good chance it will be.

22. I quite like what I’ve seen of Jurgen Klopp, seems to be a fairly straightforward sort of bloke, pity he’s gone to Liverpuddle.

The press have gone way over the top hailing him as the next Messiah. Well now we shall see.

23. By the way, Soixante-Neuf, looking at some of your recent comments did you have a nasty experience with a Tory Banker in your younger days. πŸ˜€

24. Spuds under the cosh they’ve already lost Chadli injured and Liverpuddle are chasing hard.

25. Norfolk….. what are you suggesting?

My dislike for Tories started with Thatcher and then Michael Howard.

26. I’ve always had a thing against bankers πŸ™‚

27. Good game at SHL…. it will end up even!

28. I bet Arsene is at home, sitting in his armchair in his lounge and watching to see how Klopp is going to organize the scousers.

29. @ 1.30, how right you are.

30. I think we’ve just seen what Klopp is all about.

A high pressing game for as long as they can sustain it. If they don’t score in the first twenty to thirty minutes they are forced to ease off, that gives their opponents a chance to get into the game.

Spuds came back in the second half as Liverpuddle tired.

Klopp will have to improve their fitness and stamina if that’s how he wants them to play for ninety minutes.

Full team Inc Sanchez

32. Are you at the game Chas?

33. Well most of the results today were fairly predictable… surprised with the Toffees though… thought they would have given more of a game to Man U.
    Nearly time to get behind the sofa…. Arsenal need to get into the ‘Shot Zone’ with their Passes’,…. don’t they Chas?

34. Which leaves us with a MWG to get back into 2nd place and up City arse.

Interestingly, Mat Macey our 6′ 6″ GK is on the bench and not Ospi.

Subs: Macey, Gibbs, Chambers, Debuchy, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud

36. Ospina is off in January Redders.

37. Redknap sitting next to Thierry is looking anxious, no groping allowed.

Who is Mat Macey?

chas – ince? are you sure?

39. Outcast says:

Arsenal subs: Macey, Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers

Arsenal team to play Watford: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Alexis, Ozil, Walcott

Alexis Sanchez has scored five times in his last two league appearances.

Watford have the lowest shot conversion rate (8.6%) and shooting accuracy (34.3%) figures in the Premier League this season.

Petr Cech has the best save percentage in the PL this season (82%, minimum 5 saves).

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/live#Y5MH6Jr5d60KPkzd.99

40. MWG if ever there was one πŸ˜‰

41. I thought MWG had been consigned to room 101 Peaches. πŸ˜€

Not at the game. Unfortunately couldn’t get tickets. At an Indie all-dayer in Nottingham. Just about to sneak out to watch the game.
    Must get into the Shot Zone big-style, NB. πŸ™‚

Wow, bravo Big. Thanks

Only went to Vicarage Rd once. Watford ended 2nd in the 1st Division. Elton John was owner, and married. To a woman. I was pissed and couldn’t see the ball from first to last whistle

Blimey, the First XI.

44. Gabriel not on the Bench, is he suspended?

Hey Chas
    Round the corner from Ian’s Hair, we have an arts centre/theatre/cinema. Strangler Cornwell is playing a solo acoustic gig soon. Worth going?

Dental work possibly NG

Come on Wales

More importantly, come on you Gunners

And if you could have it comfortably wrapped up by 6:45 that would be very handy. Cheers.

48. 15 minutes gone and we ain’t scored….. bugger.

Paul Easter has an illness…..

jeezus, that could have been an own goal, well done Kozza

50. The Watford right-back looks a lot like Abou Diaby and he’s limping,

I don’t like the way this game is going. The curse of The Viking?

52. Oh! What a miss by Ramsey

53. Watford looking dangerous….

54. The Watford back k four are playing quite narrow when defending which is leaving space on our right. But Ramsey is not the player to take advantage of it.

Ok, just joined the game – how are we doing?

Ramsey is getting some stick but looks hungry

57. Ramsey seems to be trying to hard, two good chances he’s had so far.

Theo will be on side at least once, then through and bang, goal

I’d threaten Mesut with a one way ticket to join Brave at Fenerbache

Just for fun you understand

Rambo can be frustrating but he gets to the ball in the area, without always being off-side.

Evening all.

This game is meant for Giroud to come on, back to goal and then lay it off for another.Who comes off not sure,but up to now Walcott has been pretty quiet.

Rambo has had conservatively a dozen wild off target shots this season,but the goals will come.

62. Two good chances squandered by Ramsey, take him off for the Ox. Or put Walcott wide, he’s doing nothing in the middle, and bring on Giroud. Either way we need to exploit the space down their left.

Merts is going to get caught out if he’s not careful. It nearly happened at the end of the first half.

63. Not much point Redders, if he keeps ballooning the ball over the stand.

I just realised that Gomes was the clown at Spurs,now put him in a half decent side and he looks a keeper πŸ˜‰

65. Giroud pulling his shirt on.

ha ha I do love all our conflicting advice πŸ™‚

My advice is to bring on Giroud πŸ™‚

Good call, and in place of Walcott

69. Merits caught out and booked.

This has all the makings of a ‘shock’ with Arsenal farting around the area, (at both ends) and leaving Watford to pinch it with a goal?

What happened to the wonderful football we played against Manyoo.

Mert’s lack of pace is really becoming a huge liability.

Ox and Giroud on for Walcott and should be Ramsey but he rarely takes Ramsey off.

Yoy’re such a doomer RA

yessssssssssssssssss

74. yyeessssss SSSaaaannnnchhhhezzzz

you were saying RA πŸ˜‰

Noooo not Theo
    Watford have no choice but to push on
    Can they sub him back on? πŸ™‚

Sanchez scores but were was Walcott

79. Alexis Sanchez baby Alexis Sanchez Oooooooooh

Thank goodness he was following up, he’s the only player to have the desire to put that in the back of the net πŸ™‚

I think it was you who was doing all the talking, Kelsey.

It was my magic spell that worked the miracle. πŸ™‚

ha ha ha Ollie πŸ™‚

You were saying, Kelsey? πŸ™‚

Magic you see!

83. Girooooooo….. supersub πŸ™‚

If you say so RA
    Well micky your man scores again

Still not gone and my hero scores πŸ™‚

Actually Crystals I missed the Ollie goal. Describe it please someone

He mishit a volley that came to him and it just scraped under the bar

88. Ransey at last COYGs

Yessss and I’m STILL here

It Oilie on the ass, Micky, ran up his arm and he flicked into the goal with his ear!

And Rambo snuck another in, just to bug NG. πŸ™‚

That’s more like the Gomes I remember πŸ™‚

I normally get really cross when people are late
    Tonight, I praise them πŸ™‚

Crystals RA πŸ™‚

Superb
    15 mins late and I see 3 goals

Stan Boy is sitting in the stand — looking unhappy but clapping! πŸ™‚

kroenke”s watching!

15 minutes late and I wouldn’t open the door to them

Next to Sanchez, Bellerin is a joy to watch and so young.

98. 3 goals in 12 minutes….. is that better than against Utd?

They’re driving us Eddie and he’s a Gunner which is probably why they’re late

Bellerin my MoTM

Great effort by Oilie.

in that case you should answer the door πŸ™‚

Kelsey – Gomez is still shit

Well I take it back about Deeney, he’s played really well for no reward

Being picky I was hoping for more of the glorious footie we saw against Manyoo, but tonight that is a wonderful result and a clean sheet to boot. πŸ˜€

105. Watford gave us a harder game than Utd did….. and we come away 3 nil , clean sheet and 3 points…. staying close to City. Lovely stuff

106. 3 – 0, that’ll do nicely.

We will play two thirds of the league against teams that pack their defence as Watford did pretty well for an hour and that’s were Theo let’s me down. Sanchez is on another planet and without him IMO we would struggle. Ozil and Carzola together with Sanchez have developed a great undestanding and Ramsey if he wasn’t playing on the right would add that little bit more of a threat
    Both full backs are improving with every game.Coquelin is very assured and Kos and Mert aren’t the perfect pairing but will do for now.
    I would like to see Theo and Giroud really fight for their place though potentially Theo has more improvement in him than the Frenchman.

At 3-0 it bacame a training session now on to the real test against BM.one game at a time but really the team practically picks itself.Will Theo or Giroud start ?

Good stuff, Kelsey, cannot disagree with that. πŸ™‚

109. Aaron says:

You knew the Hornets would run out of gas eventually.
    Mesut’s passing and touch says it all.
    Clean sheet, Cech is so calm, and that was with Kos in the back and looking rusty, but still good enough to clear their most dangerous chance. Mert did what he had to.
    Coq just holds everything together back there, and Monreal is a silent game killer.
    Sanchez Sanchez Sanchez
    Theo offsides a few times for his only chances and Giroud comes in a scores…battle there for place.
    Santi’s close control is a blast to watch, Ramsey’s stamina is insane and Bellerin is a bullet.
    Great team performance and so enjoyable to watch!
    Upward and onward…….

110. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

Looked tired at times but a well earned 3 points with a few question marks raised.

Great assessment Aaron πŸ™‚

112. fatgingergooner says:

One of those games that could’ve ended 1-0 to them with us missing plenty of chances. Thankfully, we found our shooting boots second half and more importantly we scored first.

Good game to watch but their strikers caused us a few problems at times. Their finishing was awful though!

Glad Ramsey scored as he looked in need of a goal. Should’ve had one first half too.
    If that was Sanchez tired and slightly injured then I feel sorry for anyone else we have to play this season!
    Thought our full backs played well and contributed a lot going forward.

Great result and a nice clean sheet too. Happy days.

113. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

FGG did their forwards look good because our full backs went forward?

I must say when BFG is in the line up I’d prefer us to a be a bit more conscious of our flanks because diagonal ball pulling either of our centre backs out of position is worrying.

But today where we needed to commit numbers I guess it was a gamble worth taking. When we play City I want our full backs to only think a or defending no matter who is playing centre back. Bellerin v Sterling will be quite a battle I think.

I liked Ramsey today he showed some good touches and was clearly confident on the ball with lots of dragbacks and turns to keep possession. Ozil insist different gravy as is Alexis.

114. Does anyone want to write some thoughts about the game for a post tomorrow? Please leave a clue on the blog if you do, thanks

‘He mishit a volley that came to him and it just scraped under the bar’ is my favourite comment by far.

I was wondering why the Walcott goal machine had been replaced when the French p+nce scored. Just shows what I know. πŸ™‚

116. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. Ollie has started scoring while Theo continues to clock barren minutes. I wish to see changes against Bayern. Theo is shiite at centre. On the right, maybe, rather than Rambo. But not central, please, Arsene. πŸ™‚

Nice PM Raddy. sorry knot ear, but watched the game. πŸ™‚

117. Alankar says:

Hey, you took out the season team statistics that we had on the right. Why’d you do that?

Alankar

I think our Leader (Rasp for all the crap on the right) has finally realised Stats are for wimps πŸ™‚

Arnie @ 2:08
    Plain provocative. Utter tosh, and asking for a fight πŸ™‚

120. GΓΆΓΆner In Exile says:

As well as a goal there was another silent assist by Ollie for Rambos πŸ™‚

121. Red Arnie says:

Motning Micky. πŸ™‚

I have provocative viws on your lovely post from day before as well. But, laterz. πŸ™‚

Morning all, sorry to be repetitive, but when you have 2 strikers with diametrically opposite skills it stands to reason that some games will suit one and not the other.

Theo was working hard but not really having an impact, Giroud on the other hand came on when the opposition were tiring and was able to do what he does best. 10/10 for Arsene πŸ™‚

Micky
    When I saw your comment I thought I probably would try out Hugh Cornwell acoustic.
    Not quite as sure having watched this. πŸ™‚

Then again, if it was like this…………….

Oh here we go, the silent assist excuse πŸ™‚

He couldn’t keep things much quieter if he tried πŸ™‚

Ok Chas
    Here’s a nice number for your Indie weekend
    And no Big around to tell us it lacks 20 min solos πŸ™‚

Blimey. The cellist on the vid. Used to know him. Now composes/arranges music for Ridley Scott movies and shit

Still haven’t seen the Ollie goal

Yip, give Cornwell a swerve. Trying to come over all Johnny Cash on us πŸ™„

he he he

Dear Rasp
    Really sorry to “disrespect” your stats, but they are misleading. Last season they showed Ollie to have just four assistings in the entire season which is just so unfair, and frankly, paints the big poof in a poor light. Support our own I say

πŸ™‚

|Rasp

Keeps repeating what I say, just jumbles the words about πŸ˜‰

Man of the Match=OZIL for me.

Motning Crystals

I think Mesut had a far better 2nd half
    MOTM Coquelin for me. Immense

134. Red Arnie says:

hmmm. Rasp. Agree on 2 very different strikers. But 3 out of 10 for Wenger for choosing the wrong one for this game. πŸ™‚

GoonerB and others said Theo could not be judged earlier because he did not have sufficient minutes at CF. Now he has, and he has not been the prolofic scorer that we would have liked to see. Hence, Theo right of front three for me.

Bit like last year when Ollie was injured and Welbz filled in OK. This year, Ollie was lacking confidence, so Theo was brought in at CF. did OK. Been there, done that. Now leave it to the specialists, please. πŸ™‚

135. Red Arnie says:

Yes, Micky, agree. Mons(t)er Le Coq MOTM for me. πŸ™‚

136. Red Arnie says:

sorry for Wales. Big heart, big performance, but the big boys from the Soth were a bit too good in the end. 😦

There you go again Arnie. πŸ™‚

You are results driven, whereas I am style driven.
    Ask Mesut and Alexis which forward options they prefer, and it will be Theo and Danny every single time on every occasion

Arsene made a stinker of decision to bring Theo off. You could just about argue it was right when he first decided ie at 0-0.

Then we scored, thus forcing Watford to push forward. At that point Arsene should have immediately reversed the decision and told Ollie to unlace πŸ™‚

Agree about Wales. Hope the Jocks can do something today.

Oh alright, I’m lying
    I don’t think for one minute you should support your own just because they pull on the shirt πŸ™‚

Well, that’s seen you lot off πŸ™‚

Breakfast. Bye.

Rasp/ Peaches Not sure if you have a match report in the loading bay but Gunnersoresarse Sunday supplement is up and ready to view if anyone interested:

Very entertaining game yesterday, Wenger oicked the right team, made the right substitutions and got the tactics right. No arguements from me on that level.:-)

I am going to pop a big question – playing like we did yesterday do we have a chance to beat Bayern on Tuesday?

I think not in a million years

I thought you had already asked Raddy the big question, Eddie, and he said ‘YES’ you can become one of his harem! πŸ˜€

Very generous Viking that man is.

144. You’re so pessimistic Eddie…. have some faith girl πŸ™‚

But it does depend on what team Wenger picks against Bayern! If he’s decided the CL is a lost cause, expect lots of rotation.

Very true RA πŸ™‚ he is currently in Poland to find out more about my roots, how very sweet πŸ™‚ I’m not sure why he’s not blogging? If he comes back and says that there was no Internet there, we’ll know he is telling porkies

Nb – a pessimist never gets disappointed yet gets to enjoy nice surprises πŸ™‚

147. Fabs sister is a cracker don’t you think πŸ™‚

Red Arnie @ 8:37, Giroud was able to come and do what he did because our pace and movement up front had meant that to maintain their high press, Watford needed to cover so much ground that they had run out of steam by 70 minutes – hence, then bring on Giroud.

As Arsene said afterwards, we were patient. Tactically we got it right. Watford had only conceded 1 goal at home so far this season.

I think for most games it makes more sense to start with Theo and bring Giroud on than vice verse.

You can tell Arsenal has had a good game when there are several candidates for MotM. I stick with Bellerin because I want to acknowledge how far he has progressed and because he has the balls to run at and get behind defenders – but I can understand those that are calling for Ozil.

I also think Ramsey is worthy of praise because despite missing chances he’d hope to finish and getting stick from the crowd, he continued to put himself in the firing line. His work rate is phenomenal and his desire to get into scoring positions is what makes him a proper box to box midfielder.

Eddie is correct. Poland = Beautiful girls and cheap beer.

And another lovely 3 points

Raddy πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ and Internet πŸ™‚

152. i saw a stat before yday game saying Bellerin has created more clear cut chances than any other PL player this season! Thats more than Ozil, Silva, Fabregas etc.

Yesterday he got an assist so thats another one to add on!

Sanchez for me, Rasper, as without his buzz we would not have got the honey.

154. One participant deserves a mention and a modicum of praise, largely anonymous throughout the game he nonetheless impressed me. Referee Mike Jones.

A thoroughly professional performance, no histrionics, no excessive interference in the game and not a single questionable decision. He quite rightly ignored Watford’s appeals for a penalty, immediately prior to Alexis’ opening goal and he allowed advantage when Mesut was brought down in the box with the ball breaking to our Chilean dynamo.

He was prepared to quietly warn players about their conduct rather than flash cards in all directions. The three players booked, Gomes, Nyom and, in particular, Mertesacker can have no complaints.

So let’s hear it for Mike Jones! Well done that man.

Now that is a good shout, Oh Mighty Norfolk. πŸ™‚

It is easy to knock referees, many of whom seem to think that fans go to games and pay a lot of money to see them act the goat, but you are right – credit to Mike Jones and I hope he gets a pat on the back for his contribution to a good game.

156. Thanks Redders,

After the game when asked about changes for the Bayern match Wenger replied “maybe one or two”.

Which one or two is open to question. With Macy on the bench yesterday,I can’t see any reason for dropping (resting) Petr Cech. Of the back four perhaps Gabriel in for Merts whose pace is getting slower by the day.

For the rest, up until Ramsey got his first goal of the season I would have thought the Ox would take his place, but maybe the goal will be the confidence booster he needed.

So unless Alexis shows any signs of his hip injury or excessive fatigue that should be that.

I like the call for Bellerin for MOTM; he did play better that we would expect of him. That surely should be the yard stick by which we judge, if this isn’t then Cech should get it for keeping a clean sheet, after all it is impossible for him to do any better, but no one is saying that he was MOTM.
    Sanchez played his normal good game, maybe a tad less than the performance he put in against Manu but still outstanding.
    Ozil had a very good second half but not so much in the first and Ramsey needed to put that first golden chance away for him to claim the accolade.
    You see, it has to be Bellerin, he was remarkably better than what we would normally expect from him.

chas @ 7:36 a.m. – I see you have maintained the ‘assists spreadsheet’ so I’ve worked out the goals and reinstated the goals and assists figures widget.

I was just too much for mew to continue with all the figures last season and as a result they were often weeks behind and therefore of little use – but I reckon between us we can maintain the G and As πŸ™‚

That’s good Redders – can I put it up as a ‘match feelings’ post?

OK, Rasper. πŸ™‚

Thanks Redder …..

…. New post everyone

Not sure what has happened to my comments. Rasper – but you do not need to ask, anyway. πŸ™‚