Alexis Sanchez baby! Alexis Sanchez ooooooooooooohhhhh!!!

Alexis Sanchez was in inspired form as he scored his first Premier League hatrick as Arsenal broke Leicester’s unbeaten record with a convincingly win.

The coach trip to Leicester was a very enjoyable experience with much debate about the midweek exploits at Tottnumb with discussion around the signs being ripped off at White Hart Lane. It was a glorious day and there was a real feel good factor amongst the travelling supporters who were in buoyant mood.

However the game started in the worst possible manner with Jamie Vardy being given time and space to slot past Petr Cech. Despite the team being 1-0 down the crowd did not press the self destruct button. There were a few moans about the goal and Flamini going off injured and being replaced by Mikel Arteta. This only served to fire up the team and the Arsenal fans. Before long Theo Walcott latched onto a pass and his pace and accurate finish put Arsenal level. The team were in their groove and once again the travelling support was amazing. A few supporters in the first row, including myself, vented anger at a steward who questioned some of us about whether we were in the correct row. This resulted in us missing Theo’s goal much to our fury.

Then the Alexis Sanchez show.. A low Hector Bellerin cross was not cleared by the Leicester defenders and there was the Chilean to tap home almost a carbon copy of the goal he scored at the same stadium last season. So 2-1 at the break and the half time entertainment was a brilliant new chant being echoed in the away section.. More of that a little later.

Alexis was causing Leicester havoc with his clever runs and then on 57 mins a lovely dinked ball was met by the man of the moment who headed in to make it 3-1. Then Alexis hit a rasping shot into the bottom left hand corner a welcome hatrick. The crowd were also left purring at Mesut Ozil’s performance who was in mesmerising form pulling all the strings and always two steps ahead.

The fans then were left frustrated as Giroud could not meet a fizzing low cross with the issue about his confidence being raised once again amongst supporters. Vardy scored a consolation before Giroud redeemed himself by placing a low shot into the corner from a Nacho Monreal cross.

So 3 points for the Arsenal and a happy journey home for the supporters back to London. And as for that chant.. It is to the tune of Chaka Khan and was being sung everytime one of our heroes, Laurent Koscielny touched the ball or made a vital interception.

“Ain’t nobody! Like Koscielny! Makes me happy! Makes me feel this way! Ain’t nobody! Like Koscielny! Makes me happy! Makes me feel this way! ”

Absolutley brilliant performance from both the players and the fans.. Bring on Man Utd next weekend.. UTA!

Written by Sir A Hussein

48 Responses to Alexis Sanchez baby! Alexis Sanchez ooooooooooooohhhhh!!!

Good read, Sir A, thanks for making the effort.

One thing I want to know is how well Arteta played when he came on? We all know how rusty he was, not having played for ages, against Zargreb and to mitigate further he was surrounded by a Carling Cup team; but yesterday, he was with the A team, was there a flicker of the old commanding Arteta or was he just old?

2. Malaysian gunner says:

He scored thrice against Leicester. MU will be a different proposition. I believe time and space will be at a premium.
    There have been games where he was stifled. Hopefully Wenger will have another outlet shd he be shackled.
    Believe me Van Gaal will play n the counter. Arsenal must make sure the shots count and be alert for any breakaway.
    I just hope someone called Martial is not left alone.He shd be neutralized like Kane in mid week. When the latter got the ball ,three gunners quickly closed on him.
    I just hope he turns out to be a one season wonder inspite of the hype.

Thanks for another top notch MR Sir A.

A great performance from The Arsenal. I was very pleased with the way we got the ball forward more quickly – the first goal was a peach with brilliant passes from Santi and Alexis in the build up.

This is why I prefer Walcott up front to Giroud. He offers an outlet to the passing of Ozil and Santi and he gets behind defenders. We play in a different way when Walcott is on the pitch. He is clearly a late developer. I can see he has improved his game and is now stronger and more direct in his play.

Ruud Gullit made the valid point that Theo will probably be more effective in the away games where he has space to exploit whereas teams tend to tighten up when they come to the Ems and there are fewer opportunities for quick breaks.

4. Good day all, an interesting read Sir A, thank you.

From all the reports that I’ve read, and from watching extended highlights on Sky, yesterday’s game had it all.

Fast attacking football, great skills, two sides with no thought of defence and goals galore. What more could neutral football fans have asked for?

As a committed and lifelong Arsenal supporter I was delighted by both the spectacle and the result. But…

Yes there has to be a but.

Was it solely due to the absence of the excellent Francis Coquelin, from his usual mid-field enforcer role, that encouraged the return of the “gung ho, let’s not bother defending” mindset that had prevailed at Arsenal up to the middle of last season.

With a little, and I do mean a very little, bit more luck The Foxes could have been three up before Theo’s strike. Cazorla and Flamini were being bypassed in mid-field and Bellerin was bombing forward leaving Mertesacker and his lack of pace horribly exposed.

Theo, who Redders has always lauded as the answer to all our striker problems, scored a super breakaway goal which served to remind Leicester that we were capable of hitting them on the counter attack and that they needed to be a little more concerned about defending.

From then on Arsenal took complete control, Mesut conducting affairs with the aplomb of Arturo Toscanini on the rostrum in front of a great concert orchestra and Alexis administering the coup de grace in the form of a wonderful hat trick.

Even then The Foxes still had a little something up the sleeve, another goal caused just a little apprehension in the Arsenal faithful before Ollie took his chance and settled the win with a fine goal.

Yes it was a wonderful advert for attacking football. Yet we still need to defend and without Coquelin and with Mertesacker struggling with pacy attackers we are vulnerable.

Perhaps it’s time Gabriel took over from The BFG.

Ozil had a superb game that as always went unnoticed by many ‘experts’. I think he should be nicknamed ‘the ghost’ – and not just because of his eyes 🙂

Cheers, SirA.
    What a belting day it was!

Cheers, SirA.
    What a belting day it was!

No idea why this is going into moderation.

9. Akhbar says:

Hi All,

Firstly thank you for the kind comments much appreciated and apologies I have not replied recently as I have been mega busy!

It was fantastic day. As for Arteta it was a steady performance but still there were cries about why we did not sign another defensive midfielder. I think it is a priority for January.

Akhbar

Super report, Sir H – thank you. 🙂

You must have been concerned in the first part of the game when Vardy scored first, and then could have had a couple more, and then you were obviously thrilled when the goal machine that is Sanchez and Theo started to roll.

The best sort of game to see! 🙂

The Calalans go to the polls today to determine if they are to become an independent state; there is a very big chance of them winning. If this happens Barcelona FC will no longer be part of the Spanish League and if that is the case I just cannot see their big stars staying to play in some kind of Catalan mini league.

So, I think we should put in a cheeky bid for Messi now……….

Right, now Arsene…………….

NG @ 12:17

How dare you sir! I deny that I have ever larded Theo.

In fact I was astounded to learn that GoonerB disguised himself when hanging out with his camels by muffin the mule before worming them.

Disgraceful behaviour!!

Duplicate comments in spam 12:48

14. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon all,
    Well played Sir A.
    It seemed to me that Leicester tried to do what others have tried since Coq got injured, and hit us down the left hand side. Fast attacks have unsettled us a bit and we certainly have missed Coq. Flamster felt the pressure early and suffered a hamstring, while Arteta used cunning and fouled a few times, but all in all managed to keep a lot under control.

Coquelin has been my MOTM in every game he has played, we miss him not being there, and i think it shows, Many will bring up the transfer window, but they also would have said that about our strikers as well. Theo, has never been a favourite of mine and i have to say never in my mind a CF but the guy has been given a chance.

CF position seems to have changed, where CF of the past have needed to bulldoze they now need agility and fast feet good timing and be able to find space, these things i never thought Theo would be able to knit together, but it seems i was wrong, he seems to improve each time i see him, i don’t feel he will ever be the CF i had hoped for, but he does seem effective.in some games.

Theo i feel has his merits, but i also believe he has weaknesses as well, I feel he will improve even more with his movement and also his finishing , but i feel he will always lack that fierce battling that i feel CF’s need.

15. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Akhbar.

I only saw Motd and Danny Murphy said it was the best game of the season so far in stats of shots etc` and the football Arsenal played !….not the most gracious of pundits as far as Arsenal are concerned so if he thinks it was the best football he has seen all season then it must be !…………..no chance of seeing that kind of entertainment with the Chavs, even Pele said he would play for The Arsenal rather than them, he`d have to be on the bench at his age, although he is still probably quicker than BFG and Arteta !.

16. Redders, I’ve notified the RSPCA, they’ll be around shortly to investigate your devious behaviour. Muffin the mule indeed.

I’m not sure which of you is the worst, you for taking such wicked advantage of a dumb animal or the mule for allowing you to do so.

17. The Cockie Monster says:

He must have had Le Tiss when he was in his 50`s !…………the cannon on old Gooners never wears out !. 😀

18. The Cockie Monster says:

Oops !…..seems it is his granddad , not father !…….still, I bet he could still knock one out !…..no dud cannonballs for old Gooners !. hahaha

Norfolkian;

I refer you to the second para of my 1:34, where I very carefully put GoonerB in it – and anyway, I thought muffin was the mule’s name – what do you get up to on a cold Norfolk night – enough to make Cockie jealous by the sound of it.

Maybe he larded Theo too — GB I mean, not the mule, altho it could have been Cockie – but who knows these days? 😀

By the way, I don’t want you to feel bad about yesterday’s responses to the pre-match Posts – there were 128 – of which I got 126 – so I think you did well – at least one more than I thought you would get – after you wrote to yourself. 😀

20. Redders my dear old thing, how gracious of you to allow me the kudos of sharing 128 responses to yesterday’s joint post with you. I feel almost unworthy to accept the two you attribute to me. Thank you, humbly I thank you.

Sir A. Thank you for taking me to the Foxes. Another super write-up.

Can’t believe I missed such a super game and really looking forward to watching it later in the week.

I had no doubts we would win this fixture and am surprised we conceded two, especially with our first choice defence.

As to the attack – it has been coming.

Very happy with yesterday’s results and ours especially, next week will however be a different proposition. From the little shown on MOTD Theo did appear to do a bit more back to goal stuff which he is going to have to keep working at if he is to make the role his own.

As for the way we played, well thankfully Leicester are playing like a team from yesteryear and are going to try and beat you before thinking about trying to nullify you, that makes for entertaining football and high scoring games.

On goals conceded I thought Cech could have done better with the first, he got sucked into his near post. But it seems not many want to talk about that.

Unfortunately we won’t play Leivester away every week and whilst the majority of teams we visit will have the home side imploring them to attack very few will come to the Emirates looking to do the same so we have a decision to make, draw all our games at home, or gamble on possession and committing numbers forward and hope we don’t get countered. This will obviously then be called ponderous slow sideways passing. I think next week might be a good opportunity to try all three of our main goal scorers together, and consider a midfield three behind them of Rambo, Santi and Ozil.

Also I ask a question…..is there a correlation between playing a DM like Coq and the slow build up? If so…..what would you prefer, no Coq yesterday and we seemed to move defence to attack much quicker?

Hi GiE, I see absolutely no correlation between Le Coq and slow play. All he does is win the ball and pass it on quickly, he actually initiates the pace in the attack from the back. I think as you already observed, the opposition gave us the space to get forward quickly yesterday and also Theo’s runs invited the early ball.

Now tell me … were you just being mischievous with your question? – I already know the answer 😆

24. GiVe, I’m not even thinking about next Sunday yet, there is the little matter of Olympiakos to consider first.

Will they try to play on the counter attack, or try to stifle us in mid-field?

I couldn’t decide between Ramsey and The Ox for Saturday and I’m still unsure. Neither seem to be on anything like top form, Ramsey seems to get the nod from Wenger, but is being asked to play out of position on the right which is The Ox’s natural role, sadly he’s not doing much good there either.

I’m just glad it’s not my decision.

Nice Sir

Watched the game in Spain. Its hard been abroad when the season is on. I only recommend it if your guaranteed sex, if not, dont bother.

I had to watch updates of the Totnumb game on my phone. The only problem was that my latest bird was using the charger. Apparently she promised her daughter she would her call her. Just gone to University and missing home, the other kids dont like her, or some kind of nonsense? Why cant todays kids just man up and realise the key to aquiring other peoples affection, is to buy it.

Whilst she went to the bog, I had no choice but to sneakily charge my phone instead. She went mental, threatening to get the first flight out etc. I didnt care, according to the latest update we had just won a corner.

I didnt get any sex that night, but Mark Brights text “What a belter from Flamini, some Totnumb kid will start crying over that”, will live with me for ever

If i wanted sex, I knew I had to make it up to her so promised to take a scenic Train ride to Soler. I f*ucked up, it was booked for the Saturday.

This left me no option but to make out last nights Lobster was secretly alive and now had it in for me.. Told her i was going out to find a Doctor who specialised in Lobsters so might be some time.

Finding a bar that showed the game was really difficult. Ironicaly I had no choice but to catch that train to Solar after all. Theres a Hells Angels bar there that shows every single game

The geezers in there are really rough, tattoos, Gerbils living in there beards etc. After about 20 miniutes, i was worried we were going to get beat, but got distracted when a mass brawl broke out. It seems one of the Bikers feelings got hurt when some other geezer accused him of having a Bank Clerk day job.

We were 3-1 up when the owner warned me it was best to leave The Bank Clerk threatend to come back with his gang of mortgage advisors and Tellers and that it could get really nasty. We might all end up getting done for money laundering.

I just managed to watch Giroud get on the score sheet when I heard the Bank gang roar up, so legged it out to avoid the inevitable punch up, just about dodging a nutter threatening me with PPI.

12 hours later i was still buzzing over our victory, we are definatly going to win the league this season, but was a bit surprised to find that when i got back to the hotel my lady friend had left, leaving a note never to contact her again?

I really dont care. If a perspective partner can not show empathy when your been internally attacked by a Lobster or appreciate the written dexterity of Mark Bright, there not worth having.

Half mischievous half serious Rasp. I think that Arsene doesn’t necessarily trust Coq to distribute the ball therefore needs to slot Santi or another of his silky passers alongside him. But that means two players to fulfil the role Arteta would play previously.

Just one top quality cat vid sets the day up

Wow, that cat is good.

Hey LB

Read your Catalonia independence comment

Two thoughts. Could Barca do a Swansea and apply to play on La Liga or a more exciting thought, to shaft Madrod, they could apply to join French league given Catalonia straddles both countries

Damn
    Not enough G to go with the 3 to stream a cat vid

Catalans have voted Yes to independence, interesting. Cheeky bid for Messi? He is 28 and started to pick up injuries, but it would still be so fantastic to have him play for us

Maybe that is why wenger didn’t buy us a striker last summer?

Louis Suarez may be available again – we should offer €50m + €1

Another cracker from Terry. 😀 😀

“the key to aquiring other peoples affection, is to buy it.”

35. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Terry, great story, I imagine Spain is a great place to visit when you have guaranteed sun and sex mixed in with an Arsenal game with Hells Angels, Sounds right up Eddies street as well., seems like the only thing you did wrong was to take a Spud bird with you, they can be a bit touchy.

She probably flipped when you ordered Lobster, i bet she said whats that, and when you explained its of the Crab family, i bet thats when she flipped, just the mention of crabs reminded her of the last Gooner she went out with.

Never mind mate, you wasn’t hurt and you don’t have to ring her, safe trip home mate. 🙂

Woke up to watch the Supermoon eclipse between 3 & 5 a.m. hence my late start to the day.

Mrs Raddy was unimpressed, she was hoping for fireworks and an earthquake or two.

37. stevepalmer1 says:

One in Nuts should we be scratching, Scratching, Crabs ha ha, Oh never mind. 🙂

Morning Earwigs,

Raddy, I saw your comment at 6 : 11 p.m.; “I had no doubts we would win this fixture and am surprised we conceded two, especially with our first choice defence” and the truth is that now I have seethe SNF recording – so am I surprised too.

We could easily have been 5 : 5. Vardy hit the post and the crossbar and another guy should have scored putting us 4 down before Theo equalised Vardy’s first goal.

You are obviously a kindred spirit to our Terry, where the old adage “love is blind’ still holds true. 🙂

And the BFG was truly dreadful on his return from sickness.

40. stevepalmer1 says:

The earth moved directly between the sun and moon giving the lunar surface a rusty, red appearance, Just took that off the tele.

I stayed up till 1.30pm no one said it was 3 to 5 missed the lot, now have to wait 30 years, Yea i know never going to happen.

I find it fascinating to read how involved most guys get in discussing who should play where – and with whom – and that is the way it should be.

Without it, all the blogs would lose 2/3rds of their comments – and yet I have never had an original thought on such matters, and can only respond to other peoples ideas.

For example, @ 8 : 49 p.m. Exile suggested we might “consider a midfield three behind them [3 forwards] of Rambo, Santi and Ozil” and I felt suddenly queasy, a midfield of those three, not one of whom can or will tackle or have any pace whatsoever fills me with apprehension.

Also in the final paragraph of the same comment, Exile asked Rasp. if he would prefer to play “with no Coq yesterday”.

What is the world coming too? 🙂

42. stevepalmer1 says:

Just seen on tele, the VW emissions scandal, Audi and Porche are now involved, Typical just changed my Ford for a Merc, and waiting for the shit to hit the fan

You did not miss much, Steve. The super-moon before the eclipse was huge and stunningly bright, but as the earth’s shadow moved across it, bit by bit, it seemed to ‘shrink’ as the sun’s rays were cut off, and the actual rust red appearance at the full eclipse was not particularly impressive to the naked eye.

There are some super pictures of the event on TV and in the newspapers, but these were taken by professionals with high end cameras of one sort or another.

There is a ………