Arsenal Transfer System Solution

The diary says Rant Friday, the mind says relax, all is cool and smokey dopey Glasto weekend.

On the transfer front, I suspect the real action will begin once the Copa America ends, and then the endless haggling will rumble on and on and on.

The really good news is that I have a solution.

Let’s look at the evidence. How many of our 1st XI would get in to the current Champions League winning Barcelona side? You guessed it. None. Maybe two if you are being nice and elastic. In other words, out there somewhere is a player better than we have in any one position. So, here’s the plan and like all great ideas, it is very simple.

Allocate your transfer budget. Say £70M (you’d recoup maybe 30 by flogging players with bad hair and so on). Ok, next step, allocation of funds. Don’t need defenders, so one midfielder, and one forward. Tidy so far.

Attackers are better than midfielders, so 40 on the front boy, and 30 on the other fella.

List all players who may be an upgrade. Reus, Draxler, Benzema, Cavani etc

Ditto midfielders. Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Bender, Vidal, Cavalho and so on.

Then take out a sodding great Ad. in SHOOT jobs section:

AFC OFFER £40M + 160k wages to …… (list potential applicants eligible to apply)

AFC OFFER £30M + 120k wages to …… (list potential applicants eligible to apply)

NO OFFERS. NO NEGOTIATION. FIRST COME GETS JOB.

No buggering about over the numbers. In budget. Get two serious upgrades. We’ll make a system to fit later.

Written by mickydidit89

149 Responses to Arsenal Transfer System Solution

1. fatgingergooner says:

I don’t understand this Vidal rumour. He’s a top player, but not a HM player, so where would he fit into our team and why would we need him? why would Wenger drop Coquelin to bring in a more attacking player when we’ve finally got the balance right in midfield? If he upgrades on Coq with an equally defensive minded midfielder then fair enough, but Vidal isn’t it. He’s joint top scorer at the Copa America at the moment!

If Vidal comes then someone must be leaving. I suppose Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini are knocking on, but I would worry about the future of Ox, Wilshere and Cazorla if he comes.

2. fatgingergooner says:

Cech medical today according to Sky. Hopefully a new GK by tomorrow! 🙂

Still not convinced we will get a new striker. Not because we don’t need one, but more because I can’t see any upgrades on Giroud that are realistic transfers. Numbers-wise we have enough forward players, so no point just buying anybody.

Look it’s Friday, so we can chat about anything

Glastonbury. Pyramid stage

Not being funny or wanting to “dis” respect anyone but
    Fri: Pharrell Williams, Kanye West
    Sat: Patti Smith, Paul Weller, The Who

Maybe Fri is for the under 12’s or something

FGG
    Well AW certainly thought Theo was an upgrade on Ollie due to starting him in the FAC Final.
    Some may argue it’s a horses for courses thing, but it could then pose the question: is there a better striker out their than Theo?

Thanks, Micky.

I like the simplified strategy. None of them want to apply once they see the adverts, so we can relax all summer and stick with what we have. Sorted.

6. fatgingergooner says:

Micky,

Like you say, horses for courses, but with Welbeck there aswell I don’t see why Wenger would just go and buy any striker. If he’s to get somebody then they really need to be different class. Benzema would be ideal but unrealistic. Lewandowski, Cavani and even Benteke might be the answer, but still not convinced. Beyond that I’m not sure there are many options.

If he fancies Akpom to come through aswell then it’s even more unlikely we will get an additional striker.

Micky,

Have you no heart at all? Do you realize how many sports journalists you will put out of work with your simple solution?

The media income will start to dry up and they will no longer be able to afford to pay for football broadcasting rights. In turn the clubs will receive less TV money the players would get less pay and the crowds would dwindle away … all because of one simple idea.

I say bin the bloody idea!

8. RC78 says:

Love the post 🙂 but I:

– think that we need an upgrade to BFG…and next year, we should also look at our FB positions;
    – think that an HM will be welcome
    – would rather spend on a CB and a HM than on a striker because we are already well equipped on that position

FGG –
    – Vidal was initially a Left Full Back and then became a HM and now he is playing CM/LM or B2B mid but he can definitely play HM for us…He would also indeed provide tough competition for Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ox but that’s life 🙂

Chelsea News:
    Begovic wanted
    Mikel handed a transfer request in
    Salah wants another loan at Fiorentina
    Cuadrado may join West Ham
    Pogba wanted and may tempt Juve with Oscar in a swap deal

Liverpool News:
    Clyne to the Reds for 12.5 Mln Pounds
    Shaqiri monitored as well

Man Utd News:
    Schnederlin will go to Man Utd for 25 Mln Pounds
    Schweinsteiger will also go to Man Utd for 12-15 Mln Pounds

9. RC78 says:

Gunners – trust me – Benzema would not help our cause. He is a quality striker but he will not add enough to our striking options for the price we would pay for him…If you want a striker – then try to land Aguero, Lewandowski or Cavani. If you want a forward, then go for one that can create havoc on the sides and still is smart enough to get in the box when needed like Pedro, Reuss or Turan…

Anyways – I would be happy with a new CB and a HM as I think that we are covered upfront

i’ll go along with Micky, great idea. Also, placing an ad in Shoot will save us a fortune on agents fees, it gets better and better.

The problem I have is the shortlist of candidates. It is a bit like with men – all the good ones are married or gay. Best players are already with Barca or other queer clubs. So what’s remaining doesn’t really excite me. But I will check their hairstyles, see what I can do. Abusomething has really bad hair for starters, a big no then

Asier Illarramendi ticks all the boxes, nice hair do and all

“Now, I’ve got as much of a clue who Sky Sports Sources are as you have, but the noises are getting better and louder all the time, and given our recent penchant for announcing signings on a Thursday, let’s hope that come the end of the week there are replica Cech helmets in the Armoury, and Mrs Mourinho is fully lubed up and wearing the Wenger mask ready for the Special One to vent his frustration…..”

The problem with an advert in Shoot is that very few footballers read and even fewer a magazine without naked ladies, so the potential audience is limited.

chas. 4.06 So many fantasies in just one picture 🙂

Rasp/Joanne,

I emailed you a new post.

Is that a vote of no confidence in todays offering, GN5? 🙂

I thought it was hilarious!!

I can just imagine the players seeking advice on how to fill out their resumes (CV’s).

Off out with Mrs GN5 ————–shopping – oh dear!!!

18. Shard says:

Love it! Such a simple way to bring in players. Maybe yesterday’s post by GN5 has had some effect on you Micky because you seem to be channeling your hidden Sir Henry Norris. Isn’t a newspaper ad precisely how we ended up hiring Herbert Chapman?

GN5, instead of going bust, the newspapers can simply sell their advertising spaces. Those clubs which provide the most well written, most click baiting, (often exclusive) stories, get the most space to print their ads, letting them add more details to attract players, eg. ‘free admission to gentlemen’s clubs’, or ‘anti-paparazzi service’ (though the media will censor that last one)

In fact, anyone who makes a transfer without first advertising for the job should be penalised for lack of fairness and transparency. Pretty soon transfer rumours will be launched by rival clubs to get each other in trouble. ManU approached Lewandowski without advertising in the English media, only the Polish press was used, and Eddie discovered it and blew the whistle on them. ManU get docked 2 points and 8 columns in print. Great story award and another 10 columns of space to Arsenal. Eddie gets a special 5 season ticket, which she then rents out to me in exchange for winning her arguments for the next 5 years.

We’re talking an entire new line of business here GN5.

Must be the entrepreneur coming out in you Shard!

Contemporary sources – hmmmmmmmmmmmm. 🙂

For all you JC fans……………….

Ant thinks I should explain to him why he might be receiving 90th birthday cards from around the country and the globe.
    I thought I’d let it ride and see how he reacts.
    What do you think?

22. Red Arnie says:

Micky, what an idea! Micky IN. 🙂

23. Red Arnie says:

Chas. 🙂

24. fatgingergooner says:

I think Ospina might’ve had a point to prove last night.

Tell me, why are we ditching Ospina, again?

Hey Chas
    Hate to ask this, but does Ant have Down’s Syndrome?
    You know, the high waste trousers, shirt tucked in Simon Cowell style

Seriously bitter and angry this morning

Stayed up till 11 to watch Florence and her effing machine. What an absolute disgrace.
    Her music is not that good, and she is nowhere near good looking enough to be in public without make-up. She looked awful. If I was the bloke that owned that field in Somerset I’d be having firm words

Never watch her again

His trousers certainly have the capacity for high waste. 🙂

Nope
    Preferred the post food fight woman pic

Ooo, quite excited. It’s been 7 minutes. I reckon Chas is searching for a pic to cheer me up 🙂

Gon beauty treatment 🙂

Ha Ha
    Larry Love “run off with a Spaniard in a fairy dress” ROLF

What a save from Ospina!

I agree with Didit. Need more scantily clad ladies post food fights.

Have we signed Cech yet?

our manager says (RC78 – pay attention lad) :

“[Francis Coquelin] is the most unexpected player to make it from January onwards,” Wenger explains. “I don’t think I am exaggerating if I say he convinced everybody that he played a huge part and contributed very well.
    “Santi Cazorla – throughout the season – was absolutely top, from the start to the finish, and he played more than 50 games. But everybody contributed.
    “There were a few games this season when he was unplayable. I don’t look too much at his individual brilliance, but he makes the other players good around him. That’s an outstanding quality for a midfielder. And of course, a special mention to Alexis and his great first season with us. His ability and effort gave us extra quality throughout the season.”

37. Ant says:

High waste trousers can be very useful after 8 pints and a Chas pack up. Fashion advice from Mr Plimsolls himself.. Priceless!

many polish men wear their trousers high up with a belt, awful. That paired with a shopping bag is a real turn off, especially for a woman who is not fond of men anyway 🙂

Shit me
    Chas reported me
    Hello Ant 🙂

Florance not goodlooking enough for you micky??!!! Wow

Ha ha Eddie
    Hardly surpring we get on. I don’t like women 🙂
    Mind you, don’t like men either

Ditto 🙂

I am trying so very hard to socialise (advice of the shrink) I started to walk my dogs with other women dog walkers. Feck that, they spend an hour, whole hour having conversation about cleaning an oven!!!!

No, thank you, my own head is much more fun then that 🙂

43. Ant says:

Hi Micky 😂

44. Red Arnie says:

motning all.

Great goalie or not, Ospina is a brilliant shot-stopper, has a big heart, immense fighing spirit, and a never say die attitude. Alexis ditto.

If we have 11 like that, BINGO! Venga, where’s the chekbook? 😛

45. Ant says:

I’m not Polish and never have a shopping bag Eddie.

Ant
    Seriously, I apologise. Had no idea you read this.
    I genuinely think you look terrific in your football shirt, high trousers and plastic shoes. No, really, I mean it
    And that sneak Chas looks great in those tall clown hats. No really, I mean it again, really good and definitely not an utter tool or anything. Really, I am so sorry.
    God, I feel awful and ashamed. I go review my attitude. Back in a mo.

seriously though, I am terribly upset about what happened yesterday in Tunisia and Kuweit 😦 I watched Andy Marr last week interviewing Michael Fallon. It was very clear that the western world has no idea how to deal with IS, very very scary situation

ant – you’re in 🙂

micky at 9:12 – ha ha ha 🙂 you are digging yourself deeper and deeper in poo 🙂

50. Red Arnie says:

Does this capture Evonne’s mood? 😛

51. Red Arnie says:

and Micky and myself remind me of this! 😛

arnie – is not the mood, it is permanent 🙂

53. Red Arnie says:

Evonne. 🙂

Ok, I think I’m better now.

I don’t think it will happen again

BURIAL PLANS
    A man and woman were married for many years. Whenever there was a confrontation, yelling could be heard deep into the night.
    The old man would shout, “When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!”
    Neighbours feared him.
    The old man liked the fact that he was feared.
    Then one evening, he died when he was 98.
    After the burial, her neighbours, concerned for her safety, asked, “Aren’t you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way out
    of the grave and haunt you for the rest of your life?”
    (HERE IT COMES!!!)

The wife said, ” Let him dig.
    I had him buried upside down…and I know he won’t ask for directions.”

what will not happen again darling? you insulting someone?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger surprised a grieving family by sending them a heartfelt letter of condolence after the passing of a lifelong Gunners supporter – nice

Just had JC call and he mentioned that he has been receiving lots of cards for his birthday already! About 20 so far including an official one from Arsenal!

I’ve just had the previous message from Ant. Thank you all ever so much. 😆

Chas. That is good and very pleasing to read the club have sent a card.

60. ‘morning all.

Eddie when an uncle of mine, a long term season ticket holder died, the club sent along a couple of very polite, well dressed apprentices with a floral tribute in the form of a football pitch.

Arsenal has always been a classy club, despite some of the dodgier people assoviated with it.

NG – really??? That is fabulous. I wonder if they’ll do that for me? That’d be something to look forward to 🙂

ok, micky won’t abuse anyone anymore, left it all to me. Not sure whom I should pick on? mmmm…..Ozil. Is he really that good? on a scale 1 to 10 what was his contribution to our success last season?

I would sell him and buy more goals in the net midfielder

Thanks Micky for the post. My choice up front would be one of Benzema, Aubamayeng, Cavani or Lewandowski. I could see them being the only serious upgrades and of the required standard. My preference is for Benzema who is a proven world class striker IMO. The riskiest is probably Aubamayeng as he would be a winger to striker convert like Thierry, but he could potentially turn out to be the best of the lot.

In midfield I would go with one of Vidal, Schneiderlin, or one of the Bender brothers. My preference is Vidal. I noted FGG’s first comment about not getting the Vidal thing as how would he fit in? FGG preferred a more pure holding midfielder so we have good cover in this position with Le Coq as well.

I would say that Vidal is ideal as he can play both the deepest holding role and the box to box role. Schneiderlin looks more pure holding midfielder like Le Coq, so this type of player creates the biggest headache for me as it becomes an either or and I can’t see either Schneiderlin or Le Coq wanting to play as a back up player now. At least with Vidal he can cover the Coquelin role and the (currently) Santi role. This gives us greater variability and would more likely see all players getting game time.

Santi, as mentioned, has played the role next to the holding midfielder recently to good effect but I think he is offski to Espania in the near future, maybe not this season but I feel highly likely after this one at least. If we know this is coming it makes sense to fade santi out and play someone like Vidal more who will then be our future going forwards.

Eddie, more goals in the net midfielder = Ramsey, which is why I have often said that for me Ramsey is best suited to the number 10 role, but Ozil is 1st choice currently.

Most disagree with me and see Ramsey as the box to box type. I don’t and actually think Jack is better in this role. Santi has also shown he can play it well. I would like to see Ramsey have some games in Ozil’s role when rotation or injury demands a change. I would like to see Jack and (new recruit) Vidal play the role next to Le Coq with Vidal offering cover for Le Coq’s role and Jack offering an option in the attacking right side role.

Old Penis Poem by mickydidit.

My nookie days are over
    My pilot light is out
    What used to be my sex appeal
    Is now my water spout.

Time was when, on its own accord
    From my trousers it would spring
    But now I’ve got a full-time job
    To find the blasted thing.

It used to be embarrassing
    The way it would behave
    For every single morning
    It would stand and watch me shave.

Now as old age approaches
    It sure gives me the blues
    To see it hang its little head
    And watch me tie my shoes.

I know all about this Kelsey-

A leaky faucet just hanging around.

What do you call a woman who loves small dicks?

Hopefully your girlfriend.

67. Red Arnie says:

aha, now I am beginning to understand. Micky’s attitude review this morning was completely baffling. 🙂

68. It’s all gone quiet on the Cech signing, Personal terms agreed, transfer fee agreed and medical passed, according to the media that is.

So what’s the hold-up?

Have Moaniho and the despicable Terry combined to nick his Bic so he can’t sign the contract?

C’mon Petr, sign da ting! 😀

GB – what about Ox? He can score goals too. We need someone like Bergkamp really 🙂

My problem with this team is that it is not obvious who is who (yeah, even the refs get the wrong guy sent off). in the old days we knew who will start in what position, No mocking about playing Thierry on the wing or Dennis up front, and same for Robby, Freddy and the rest of the crew. These days it is always open to speculations who is going to start where. That is plainly wrong

Mind you, what would the formation expert discuss here all season long?

hi kels. Leave micky alone, I already upset the boy this morning.

70. Red Arnie says:

Come on Arsene, get this done. Admitted, we do not need a GK. Proof, yesterday’s heroics. But we still want to spend some f**king money and show off! 🙂

That way, fans will be happy even if we cannot find a striker worth the paper needed to write his name. hmmm. 🙂

Sent a little post in if any of the powers that be want it.

Dennis’s don’t grow on trees Eddie and players like him only come along once in a while. There is a reason he is still considered one of the finest to have ever graced this league Eddie, because most players can’t get close to the quality he had. Very good alternatives (as oppose to finding an exact replica) are likely what we need, and I think Rambo fits that.

This is from today’s on line edition of The Sports Telegraph. I am not prone to believe what is written by the media – but surely Jason Burt would not put his name on a story the conclusive without it being true – Would he?

………………………………………………………………………………….

By Jason Burt

3:30PM BST 27 Jun 2015

Arsenal are due to announce on Monday that they have signed Petr Cech from Chelsea in a deal worth £11million.

Agreement has been reached for the goalkeeper to end his glittering 11-year career at Chelsea. Cech passed his medical at Arsenal on Friday after a fee and personal terms were negotiated.

The move is an extraordinary gesture by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich who promised the 33-year-old that he could move to the club of his choice after spending a season as Thibaut Courtois’s under-study.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho would have preferred Cech to move abroad but Paris Saint-Germain did not rival Arsenal, in the end, with the Czech international making it clear he wanted to join another London club.

Cech will be confirmed as Arsenal’s first-choice goalkeeper with the expectation now being that David Ospina, who has just exited the Copa America with Colombia, despite his heroics against Argentina in the quarter-finals, leaving with an offer on the table from Turkish club Fenerbahce. Wojciech Szczesny, who lost his status as number one last season, is expected to stay.

Cech could well be followed to Arsenal by Chelsea goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon who he has a strong relationship with. The pair first worked together at French club, Rennes.

It could well that Courtois will want to bring in his own goalkeeping coach with links to Guy Martens who worked with him at Genk but recently left the Belgian club.

Chelsea will have to bring in a new number two goalkeeper with interest shown in Stoke City expecting an offer for Asmir Begovic and interest in Queens Park Rangers’ Robert Green.

Mourinho wanted to sign Fulham’s Marcus Bettinelli but he does not want to be an understudy and is concerned at a lack of first-team football which may also affect their chances of getting Begovic or Green.

Cech’s first game for Arsenal is likely to be the Community Shield fixture against Chelsea at Wembley Stadium.

GB – don’t I know that 🙂 4 apple trees, 7 cherry trees, 2 plum, 1 pear, 5 figs, 1 peach and 1 apricot and not one Dennis on them

Cesc came closest to replacing him, but the difference was that we had to build the team around Cesc, whereas Dennis would fit into any team. Gosh, I still cannot believe he stayed with us till the end of his career

75. Ha! The first really warm Saturday afternoon of the year, and what do we get? The neighbours cremating some six week old road kill on their barbecue, at least that’s what it smells like.

They’ve got a nicely equipped kitchen with a nice oven, a grill, a microwave and all powered by electricity. Why the hell do they have to cook their dinner over an open fire in the back garden?

It STINKS!!!

76. GN5, for the past week the same paper and, I think, the same hack has been predicting that the announcement of Cech’s signing would be made on, first, Thursday, then Friday and now they are saying it will be early next week. They know f**k all!

Pouring with rain here. Thankfully The Raddy family are heading South tomorrow morning – hope the sun is shining in Italy

78. Red Arnie says:

Bright and sunny as ever in Sconny Botland. I mean the eastern coast of Botland. 😛

Raining and cold here.

Sounds like a good idea to me why stink out your house when you can stink out your neighbours.

Sounds like the “journalist’s” also stink.

81. Red Arnie says:

come on England. when was the last time England reached the quarters of World Cup football? 2015, of course. 🙂

82. Red Arnie says:

to be the Devil’s Advocate, let me show some sympathy with Norfolk’s neighbours. The number of weekend days when the barbecue can be used must be close to NIL in most years. 😛

Such a fantastic opportunity to trouble the neighbours therefore. 🙂 I am sure, Norfolk, the pig on teh spit is not teh only reason. Your neighbours are probably nasty pieces of s**t in any case. 🙂

Arnie, Living in Canada I’m very conflicted on who to root for, but at least I will be happy no matter who wins.

84. Red Arnie says:

GN5. 🙂

Would be great if England could win but …..

Denmark in the U-21 semi’s against our old foe Sweden tonight

Kom nu Danmark!!

You started early Raddy? slurring your words in that last bit 🙂

87. Kunle says:

This is such a lazy article

Then why don’t you write one for us Kunie?

What an appallingly lazy comment of no merit or, even content, whatsoever.

90. VCC says:

Appy Dayz Chas. 9:53…….I say let JC have a surprise on the 1st, don’t tell him.

91. utter tool says:

I quite like the back of the Paraguay shirt.

92. utter tool says:

Must be confusing for the opposition; Stoke when the bus is facing you and Arsenal when you’re chasing them.

93. utter tool says:

94. utter tool says:

Morning UT 🙂

Do remember that my attitude review was an enormous success 🙂

Really struggled to find many worthwhile bands this year, altho I’m no master of the red button 🙄

97. utter tool says:

I just don’t understand that Kanye West rubbish.
    Utter drivel; I’d prefer to listen to a cat being strangled.

Ah but UT

If you were very white and upper middle class from the home counties like Rupert, Arrabella and Sophie then you’d “get” angry black ghetto rap

So in your case, don’t bother. Stick to guitar and bass, not pre recorded studio shitballs

The great thing about the Peter Check transfer is that most will be pleased when it finally happens while most also won’t give a shit if it doesn’t

win win 🙂

Gossip column on BBC’s website does not mention Arsenal even once!!! Brilliant work from our recruiters – top secret, nobody can poach our targets.

Cavani to united

Ah….Eddie

If Falcao did join Costa at Chelsea, and Cavani went to Utd, I think that really would send me over the edge

I am afraid it is looking that way micky 😦 I am not impressed, but lets wait and see – perhaps we have an even bigger fish to catch?

a serious question for you micky – if someone you really, really dislike dies – do you pretend you are sorry?

English girls are through to the semi finals!! What a result

When fishing for big name strikers, there aren’t many out there

Tell their nearest and dearest you are “deeply moved”

That covers overjoyed as well as sorry 🙂

deeply moved it is then 🙂

No, I suppose there aren’t that many big names left, so it is up to Wenger to make one up.

What stopped us from winning the league last season – not enough goals or conceding too many? I’d say it is the later. So for me it is either more defenders or a change of tactics – get the bus on the pitch when necessary

Eddie

Conceded too many, or scored too few.

That is the question that reveals people’s deepest innermost approach to life

Talking of approaches to life, Raddy has gone on his annual month long mountain retreat to re-balance himself and all that bollocks

I cannot believe that this government feels necessary to advice people not to go to Tunisia. If some div doesn’t know what happened there, then surely he is not likely to check the government warnings?

And the irony is that Tunisia is probably the safest place on earth right now. Laws of probability and all that

How much is two weeks full board there right now? Methinks some cracking deals

Mate of mine only used to holiday in war zones for exactly that reason. Most wars tend to be localised, leaving large swathes of affected country untroubled, but accessible by very cheap flights

Fair play to Raddy. I don’t like going away, seeing new places, meeting people etc. No thank you. I’ve seen it, done it, happy in my home. Already worried about moving home soon, that’s a journey too far

my god micky! I would not go to Tunisia even if only in protest. Sort your country and your murderous bastards out before you have my custom.

so did your mate check the government warnings rather then looking at lastminute.com when booking his hols 🙂

Make no mistake Eddie, we (uk) actively encourage the terrorist ideaology and indeed facilitate it.

Enough of that

More concerned that you think it’s fair play to that hippy Raddy

Right, three coffees, three boiled eggs all done. Off outside.

We have a cracker of a post from GoonerB, if no-ones about shall I keep it for tomorrow?????

I’ll wait five minutes ……………………

115. …………………………… or maybe a few more 😉

116. Red Arnie says:

f**king hot motning from Lisboa. Likewise, Micky’s attitude. 😛

great result for the Lions indeed. note the PC effort to appear not sexist. 😛

117. utter tool says:

118. Lehmann through the fence says:

Sorry about yesterday Big Raddy!
    Strange game.
    Denmark chasing the game and then conceding on every counter-attack…
    This swedish team is hard to understand, but oh so resilient and concentrated.

119. Red Arnie says:

UT.

If the message is that we are all utterly bored, already, I agree. 🙂

If the message is that most of us do not expect a top bill striker coming in, I agree. 🙂 🙂

If the message is that Wenger is spending some f**king money mainly to make us fans happy, I agree. 🙂 🙂 🙂

120. Red Arnie says:

what else could be the message from a press item dated Jan 2013? 🙂

121. utter tool says:

Milton Friedman’s monetarist economic policy ideas have failed and western capitalist economies are simply castles built on sand?

122. utter tool says:

Alternatively…..

123. utter tool says:

Or…….

Afternoon all. Peaches (from earlier), Sundays are often quiet so best leave my post till tomorrow. I guessed you already decided that anyway. Am a bit worried you have referred to it as a cracker and am not looking forward to the air of disappointment when everyone realises it was the same old GoonerB dross.

Liking the Vidal rumours. There is a player that I feel can be a title deciding addition.

125. Oh goodie, I’m already salivating about GoonerB’s cracker of a post for tomorrow.

Peaches, what time are you putting it up? I need to set my alarm in case I doze off after a sleepless night of anticipation.

126. Oh well, there’s nobody here so I’m off for an early night.

Sleep well. 😀

127. utter tool says:

128. utter tool says:

129. utter tool says:

130. utter tool says:

Morning

Errrrrrrr

Arsenal would have won the Premier League last season if they were managed by Jose Mourinho, according to former Chelsea striker Tony Cascarino. in that case I am happy we have not won the league

Crikey, we may have to resort to discussing Milton Friedman’s monetarist economic policy, as Chas suggests 🙂

or we could stop ignoring the Womens World cup? What’s worse Friedman’s policies or semi finals with the English team?

Ok, when, which telly and what time do we watch England Ladies play again?

Few phone calls, then back for the GB post, and I expect many £ signs followed by some distastefully large numbers

Thursday midnight Japan v England. Should be easy