Do Arsenal Really need another striker?

Well, do we?

There will be many posts through the summer which regurgitate what is trending regarding our FA Cup winners 😀  This is just the first ….

It is the same old argument about Arsenal’s front line but hopefully with a different slant because I do not think we should sign a striker – we have enough.

Let’s look at the menu …… Welbeck, Sanchez (or is it Alexis?), Giroud, Podolski, Sanogo, Walcott, Campbell, Akpom. That is 8 players vying for 2 or 3 places. We have the numbers but do we have the quality?

Podolski is a busted flush, the US League football beckons

Campbell is still young but has struggled at Villarreal – and if he struggles there then he has little chance of establishing himself as a force in the PL. If we can get a couple of mill for the lad, sell, sell, sell.

Akpom. An exciting prospect. Keep him at AFC until January and then loan him to whomever is at the top of the Championship.

Sanogo? I just don’t know. The chap has the physical attributes to be a target man but has he the skills; can he learn them? His loan at Palace was a qualified success, as in he got some pitch time and scored in the FA Cup but on the other hand he could not force himself in the first team. His scoring record for the France U-21’s indicates there is a decent striker in his lanky form. I would keep him and give Sanogo another loan at  – say, Norwich.

Which brings us to the 4 main strikers:

I don’t care what you say, OG is a fine striker and is in the world’s top 10 CF’s. Is he as good as Aguero – No. Suarez – No. But neither is Costa or Cavani or Falcao. It is an unfair comparison. Is he a 20+ goal a season man? Yes, he is. Does he create chances for others? Yes, his link-up play is comparable with anyone. If OG had been fit during that horrible start to the season we would have been closer to the Chavs, of that there can be little doubt.

Theo. We have to keep him. The prospect of a fluid and very pacy front 3 is exciting. Walcott’s injuries have stopped us seeing just how good his partnership with Ozil can be – IMO Ozil will make Theo into a 20 gaol a season man IF he can stay fit. I have always supported Theo and remain convinced he can become one of the PL’s very best players.

So that is already 40 goals

20 more from the Sensational Sanchez or the Amazing Alexis.

Welbeck is more puzzling. The man has so much and yet is lacking so much. He does it for England so can clearly find the back of the net but where and when does he play? As a stop gap whilst Sanchez rests? Can he actually play through the middle? Was Mr Wenger looking at the way Welbz cuts in from the left as a signifier he can become another TH? Perhaps he can. I love his workrate, his enthusiasm and his pace. But.

Let’s be realistic. We are not going to sign Higuain, Falcao, Yarmalenko, the German chap, or even at the French fellow. It is fun to speculate about them but we have some terrific strikers at the club and there are other areas where we can improve.

We have 3 strikers who, if fit, will score 60 goals+ between them. We have MF’s who will score at least 25 between them and defenders who can add another 10. That is close on 100 PL goals. We do not need to spend €50m on a striker (but it would be nice, wouldn’t it?)

135 Responses to Do Arsenal Really need another striker?

1. Red Arnie says:

FIRST.

No, we dont. But if we should get someone, he better be better than Giro, Theo and Welbz and at least almost as good as Alexis.

No 20 goal a year numpty, we would like a prolific scorer, 30 goals a year, who can remain on his feet all season. Like Giro and Alexis. 🙂

2. Red Arnie says:

foregetting my manners. lovely work Raddy. 🙂 that should wake people up. 🙂

3. Red Arnie says:

Also forgot to say, agree with you Raddy. 🙂

Two minor quibbles.

First, regarding Giro, you say “his link-up play is comparable with anyone”. I would say better than anyone else. If you dont believe, watch that Jack goal again. 🙂 and probably time to visit SpecSavers as well. 😛

Second, “Theo. We have to keep him.” Well, for me, yes, but if he does not haggle too much. Arsene is a fair man and he knows a thing or two about the price of quality. Theo is useful for us, but no one is indispensable. He needs to recognise that, and draw this saga to a close. SOON. 🙂

4. Gilly says:

You stated yourself that if Giroud had been around at the start of the season, we could’ve been competing for the title. In his absence what happened? A void. So that is why we need a decent striker. No debate, please.
    If we sell Campbell and Pdolski, send Diaby, Arteta, Flamini and perhaps Risisky away, there is room for improving on those positions with new signings.

5. Red Arnie says:

Gilly, fair enough. 🙂

You say, a void. Yes, perhaps, a void that Welbz and Poldi could not fill. So, what we need is a better sub on the bench.

Who might be that player? Jackson Martinez? Perhaps. 🙂

6. Red Arnie says:

The previous season BFG and Giro were fit all season, Kos most of it. We earned our first trophy in a long time.

Last season, BFG and Alexis, plus Kos for the most part and Giro for more than half. We earned two trophies.

If Alexis, Giro and Ozil can stay fit all season next year, it is upwards and onwards! 🙂

Gilly. Someone else was missing ….. Theo,

8. ‘morning all,

A fair question BR and one with a simple answer…Yes!

What we don’t need is what we have too many of. Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo, Akpom and, to an extent, Welbeck. All fair players and goodish strikers but they won’t win us the Premiership or Champions League.

If we are happy to qualify for the CL and win the FA Cup then stick with what we’ve got.

If we have the ambition to win those competitions then we need to buy a top, top striker.

9. zregfzer, that’s an extremely erudite comment, I’m sure that all of us on Arsenal Arsenal are so much happier now that we have had the privilege of reading it.

Thank you, and I mean that most sincerely.

10. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Yes we do need a quality striker. Giroud is not that striker. Nor is Sanogo or Wellbeck, Podolski is old hat Akpon why bother, and Wallcot, what can you say about him, been at the club for about 8 years, time out with both shoulders, several leg knee ankle thigh injuries and a wealth of time in the recovery room and what of him this last season out for six months and taken another to get match fit, his last two games reasonable but the aching i feel that 8 years has been time enough to assess him and all i see for the future is more injuries and high wages.

Giroud of course has done his best he has scored goals and has given a good return to the club, I feel he is worth keeping as back up, but his lack of pace is his undoing.

Wellbeck, A nice lad who will run till he drops, I ask myself why United let him come to us and this season has told me that. This lad has had many chances to score but it always seems to fall to his wrong foot, I dont know which foot is his best as fumbles seem to come from both. This lad has been injured, i know tell me something new but he doesn’t tick the boxes.

Sanogo, Been on loan and would be best kept on loan or sold , he will not make the grade.

Podolski, had an exciting shot, with either foot he seemed good but his work rate was bad, Wenger put him out on loan and as he is older will i doubt ever come back.

Akpon. Never has shown in my opinion what a CF should be one thing playing in reserves another playing Premier.

Campbell, not had a chance really at Arsenal, been tied to us now for quite a few years and we still cannot make room for him.

Arsenal football club is one of the richest clubs in the world, we just made 96 million from sky we made 30 odd million from Champions league we won the FA cup and community shield which must account to 10 mil, and it has to be said we do not possess a top CF.

We have talent all over the park Ozil Sanches Oxlaid Ramsey Wilshere Santi some of them are worth millions why keep with players who are not top knotch and we know it.

We need to buy the best we can afford if we can spend 42 mill and 35 mil for midfield we can spend the same for our CF. If we intend to challenge for the league and Champions League we need the best.

11. X says:

Who wrote that Post? I demand to know!! Name the scoundrel at once!

Actually it was well written — but we know all forward discussion eventually leads back to Theo — no, no anything but that……

12. RC78 says:

For sure, next year we have:

– Theo, OG and Wellbeck as our main ST options. We will most likely also have Akpom.

– What will we do with Poldi, Sanogo and Campbell? It seems that Poldi will be sold to Galatasaray. Sanogo and Campbell may be loaned out again or sold…We do not know. Sanogo definitely needs to go out on land and for Campbell, the jury is still out. I like him a lot but does he fit into AW plans and into our team? Big question for AW to answer this summer…If we do not keep him next year, let us sell him rather than loan him out…

So in terms of ST, we have three solid options for 1 starting berth….Do we need another one? Technically, no. Ideally, yes but not any kind of profile…You would need to add someone with the ability to stretch the defenses, make runs and hold up the ball up front – basically a combination of our three current strikers but someone who is also a reliable squad player and scorer…There are not that many around but one good investment, according to me, would certainly be Dzeko who wants to leave City and who would definitely give a good fun for their money to OG, Walcott and Wellbeck…If we do not go for Dzeko, I do not see the point because other options (higuain, martinez) may be too expensive…

——————-

In my humble opinion, we need more of a player that can play a forward but from the wings…Pedro has just committed to Barcelona so forget him but I see that we are contemplating Reuss, Lacazette and Yarmolenko. The latter may be a good option as he may come in a bit cheapter…Other names that could be interesting include Meertens, Mata, Di Maria and Chadli but I am not sure we are looking at these players…Another option could also be to invest in a versatile player like Sissoko or Downing who can add a new dimension to our squad…

———————

Imagine this squad in terms of firepower:

ST/CF: Walcott, Giroud, Wellbeck, DZEKO + Akpom
    W/FW: Sanchez, Ox, YARMOLENKO + Gnabry
    AM: Ozil, Wilshere (AW will move him up for sure)
    CM: Ramsey, Cazorla, VIDAL, Arteta

We would be rafing quite well then against the Chelsea, City and Utd armada imho…

13. RC78 says:

News: Arsenal bid for Hoewedes and Vidal accepted

Howedes.

Raddy – it is a silly question you are asking. Of course we need more strikers, 10 if you ask me. All our strikers are very good and very likable handsome lads, but perhaps only Sanchez is world class. We need a goal machine, a huge ruthless bastard that will scare the opposition’s bus driver. that’s the only way to move those vehicles.

Did anybody think that Barca needs another striker to help Messi and Naymar? No, probably not. And yet look how Suarez helped them this season.

Never too many strikers.

Roses are red
    My names Dave
    This poem makes no sense
    Microwave

16. I’ve had a little tidy up ………….. 😉

17. X says:

Well done, Preaches.

RC, where did you hear the news about Howedes?

Repeat this 100 times

Sniffer is a fucking needy wanker who has never had a women in his life

19. Red Arnie says:

That must be the troll then. Where is Terry when you need him most? 🙂

20. Red Arnie says:

Right on cue, Terry. 🙂

21. Red Arnie says:

That is not RC78, I guess! 😛

22. Shard says:

Well done Raddy. I was wondering who wrote it and the moment you said Cavani isn’t world class I knew it wasn’t Micky 🙂

While I’m not averse to buying a new striker, I think it would entail losing one of our current crop, with Theo the most likely candidate. Which is ok as far as that goes, but who really can we get in who will be better than Theo for our system, offers a similar threat, and is also a good finisher like he is. I don’t think such a player will be easy to find, and even though I’ve seen Lacaztte and Jackson Martinez suggested, I am not convinced they would be an immediate improvement over Walcott.

Also, this talk of a 30 goal striker ignores the possibility that Wenger has actually purposely chosen to build the sort of side that shares its goals around rather than having a single focal point. The change of system from last season where Ramsey (and Giroud) were our only goalscoring threats is, I believe, deliberate.

Alexis’ quality means he will be our primary goal threat, he can improve too (it was his first season) and with more appearances and thus goals from Walcott, Wilshere, Welbeck and Ox, we should be fine.

If indeed we are to add an attacker, I reckon it is likely to be a left sided player who will essentially replace Podolski.

We indeed have another player on loan apart from Campbell, Podolski, and Sanogo. Wellington Silva. I’m not sure whether he gets a chance, but I reckon a place in the League Cup is possible, and who knows after that.

A further way of increasing our attacking efficiency could well be buying another technical box to box player who can both defend and attack. This would allow the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey and even Ozil to take more chances going forward, as well as allow for some rotation among the players further forward, say Cazorla replaces Ozil when this new player is played along with Coquelin. Or Sanchez moves inside, and Welbeck moves wide. Something like that.

Along with the fact that quite a few of our midfielders are on their way out or aging (Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Diaby, even Cazorla) I think it will also be easier to buy in this position.

I’m not against buying a striker, but midfield offers better opportunities and possibly the same end effect.

Shard. I agree.

24. Eddie, “Benny” Howedes, German International defender, described on FIFA’s as official website as “a true defensive all-rounder, as he can proficiently play anywhere across the back four of defense on the football pitch”.

Age 27, 1.87m (6ft.2ins) tall. Captain of Schalke.

Nice looking, clean shaven. Just your type. 😀

25. Red Arnie says:

Shard, I agree in general, but not to the (perhaps unintended) suggestion that midfielders are equally efficient in scoring goals as strikers. 🙂

Nice to see some agreement in this space, though. 😛

26. RC78, is that Arturo, Marc or Javan Vidal? It can’t be Jose as he died in 1974 aged 76.

27. Shard says:

Van Persie off to Lazio on a 4 yr deal it would seem. Will we get a statement from him about the direction of the club? Naah. They made him among the highest paid athletes in the world, and that’s why he went there. Now he’s trading away a year oh his contract for a signing on bonus and more job security in Italy.

He could have been at Arsenal and helped us win the league, or gone to Juventus and won 3 straight Serie A titles and potentially a CL too. But he took the money. Hope he’s forgotten in the annals of history.

28. Shard says:

Red Arnie

Efficiency was actually the wrong word. I should have said output 🙂

29. X says:

It’s Vidal Sassoon, Norfolk.

The bloke who used to do Chas’ hair perm. 🙂

NG 🙂 As it happens he is VERY much my type, except for being German

Terry – the brother’s identity lineup line was hillarious

31. X, I think you speak with forked tongue, very much like old Redders who, it seems, has been confined in his care home. 😀

Cech is coming our way. So he is going, Szcz?

shard – Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Diaby – are all them leaving this summer? Nobody will buy Diaby and Cazorla is not for sale, ever.
    But the rest – Arteta, Flams, Rosicky – very likely. We still have many small midfielders to field two teams.

33. RC78 says:

NG – Arturo Vidal for 28 Mln pounds. Confirmed by the guy who confirmed Sanchez signing last year. Deal to be official after Copa America.

For Howedes – a 17 Mln pounds has been made and reportedly accepted.

Cech will be allowed to join an English club in the end…Cech will go to Man Utd to replace De Gea…

Schnederlin also to join Man Utd rather than Arsenal hence the move for Vidal…

Well that puts an end the summer big signing speculation RC, so what are we going to talk about now?

I love transfer speculation 🙂

And it is Gore Vidal whom we have been tricked into buying

Nice one Raddy

I want Theo to get his chance. I still fancy Theo, but hes got to get consistent. If he puts in any more flaky performances, forgets my birthday, or doesn’t book that romantic dinner for two at the shard, then ive got Higuins number.

hahaha, 78, I like you mate, but your posts about transfer gossip have a robotic quality about them that is making me stare at my toaster in fear

What feckin perm?

38. X says:

All source material from Mr Micky. 🙂

BR
    Like the post.
    Quash that stupid transfer nonsense right at the start of the summer.

I’d still like a guaranteed 35 goals-a-season striker mind. 🙂

Ah, now Mr Micky’s hair is cut using an electric hair trimmer.
    Tonsorially I’d say he was found wanting knowledge-wise.

Oooops, meant to type electric hedge trimmer. 🙂

Terence
    I’m sh*t-scared of toasters – always have been.

43. X says:

You have gotta stop sticking your thingy in the slot then, Chas.

Terry told me it was such a relief when he found out the ‘hot stuff’ it was for, was toast, 🙂

Nasty bastards toasters. You never know where you are with them. Put in a charmingly cut piece of bread hoping for a light browning in order to make soldiers and what happens? Smoke alarms scream and the bread is reduced to charred remains.

And does the toaster apologise? Does it hell. It just goes on sitting there on the kitchen table looking prim and proper as though butter wouldn’t melt.

45. Shard says:

Eddie

I said either leaving or getting old. Diaby is out of contract. Though there are rumours of a pay as you play deal (low salary, large bonuses based on appearances to be exact)

Wenger has already said that Rosicky will be here another year (Testimonial!!), Flamini has a year left, and Arteta is expected to sign an extension (He said to expect an announcement after the season…so any time now)

While unlikely, it is conceivable that Cazorla is for sale. Wenger is a master at selling high and at just the right time, and if there is an opportunity to upgrade then I wonder if he might not take it. Rumours that Gotze is available from Bayern and Isco from Real. I’m not stating my preference. Simply that I believe it’s not as unlikely as you say.

Oh and when I said technical, I didn’t mean ‘small’. Vieira was a technical box to box player who could defend and attack. That’s the sort of player I am thinking of, and in terms of reputation at least, Vidal comes close to that.

hahaha, I did have a nasty experience lighting a fag with a toaster. One of my favourate wigs, “Alec Ferguson says no one will know” caught fire.

The Ferguson was notorious for falling off when a better looking wig passed by e.g. “The Wenger Supreme”, it was a right jealous git.

It was so prone to departing ones head that I had to remain and walk upright at all times. No wonder “no will know”, people were to busy thinking I had a pole vault inserted up the rectum to worry about my hair.

Anyway, the one time it wouldnt come off is when it caught bloody fire.

47. X says:

Terry,

You are a case – fruit and nut – just like Norfolk! 😀

48. Shard says:

At least X was kind enough to leave ‘basket’ off that list Terry 🙂

49. Red Arnie says:

yes, I have tried that one. trying to light a fag from the toaster. A disaster if there was ever one! 😛

50. JM says:

It is our time to raid Bayern Munich of their riches, methinks. They have been profiting from their counterparts in the Bundesliga for many years.

(Real Madrid) – Mesut Özil
    (Barcelona) – Alexis Sánchez
    (Bayern Munich) – (?? SQ ??)

(?? SQ ??) candidates:

Forwards: Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Müller
    Midfielders: Mario Götze, Javi Martínez
    Dedender: David Alaba
    Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer

Arsenal FC players salary List: (Text format)
    Player name Yearly Salary Worth and Market value Contract valid until Weekly wages
    Aaron Ramsey €6,250,000 €25,000,000 30-06-2018 €120,192
    Santi Cazorla €6,500,000 €26,000,000 30-06-2018 €125,000
    Serge Gnabry €1,000,000 €4,000,000 30-06-2018 €19,231
    Theo Walcott €14,000,000 €28,000,000 30-06-2016 €269,231
    Tomás Rosicky €1,000,000 €2,000,000 30-06-2016 €19,231
    Wojciech Szczesny €3,500,000 €14,000,000 30-06-2018 €67,308

Shard,

Flamini is out of contract this month 🙂

Some of the wages are staggering.

Walcott €269,231 a week can’t be right.

More than Sanchez and Ozil – Get outta here.

Morning, Crystals.

Nice post Raddy.

Much talk of the feted 30 goal a season striker, Costa scored 20 premier league goals this season, obviously Hazard has scored a few (14) but the goals were spread around.

I think in this sense Raddy you are correct, a mixture of goals from the forward line and midfield is better than relying on one striker, the variety of threats makes us harder to play against.

BR
    To answer a previous question, the Wembley experience is much better since we started going Lower tier.
    Four wins on the bounce help, too. 🙂

Coquelin 17k a week.!!

Morning. Sunny, yes, but bloody wind grrrrr

offshore?

Hope you’ve braved the rubbish weather Mr Exile

Can’t we spread the goals around AND rely on an ace

backdoor?

bandits?

Chas
    The World Surf Tour is in Fiji
    They do Aus (3), Brazil, France and Portugal but high points are Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii

So, Barcelona or Juve?

Barcelona rely on three “aces”. 🙂

You are a specialist Chas. No doubt.

67. JM says:

Theo Walcott is his agency’s biggest client, i.e. they will naturally negotiate for premium salary.

Key Sports Management Ltd (located at 35 Soho Square, London W1D 3QX, UK) also have the following as their clients:

Jordan Henderson (who recently extended his multi-million contract with Liverpool)
    Phil Jones (with Man U)
    Ryan Bertrand (who moved permanently to Southampton from Chelsea recently)
    Ravel Morrison (w/o a club, and moving to Lazio in summer)
    Former Gunner Henri Lansbury (now at Forest)

They are also representing our youth talents, Gedion Zelalem and Daniel Crowley.

Ah Juventus, the club whose victims the Liverpool victims choose not to have a minutes silence to remember the victims of

Anyway, moving swiftly on and back to your question, Juve.

Perhaps an appropriate time to ask what colour the fans of each might be wearing tonight 🙂

Please 🙂

Red and blue for Barca

Black and white for Juve

Fiji looks amazing.
    Gotta go.

On the strength of the colours, then it’s Barca 🙂

Have a nice day bye

Micky….apart from Monday afternoon and early hours of Tuesday morning we’ve had a pretty good week. Lots of rock pooling, sand castles, and eating.

Judging by the sky today will be scorchio in Portscatho.

Arsenal has a very good wage structure installed at the club which keeps them paying over the top salaries to players. Currently their highest paid player in the squad is Mesut Ozil who signed a five year contract fetching him £140,000 a week in salary while new summer signing Alexies Sanchez weekly salary is £130,000-a-week. Here are Arsenal full team squad salaries and the time left on players current contracts.
    Arsenal LogoArsenal Player Wages & Contracts 2014-15 PLAYER AGE WEEKLY WAGE CONTRACT LEFT
    Wojciech Szczesny 24 £65,000 (3 Years) 2018
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 21 £65,000 (3 Years) 2018
    Serge Gnabry 19 £10,000 (3 Years) 2018
    Alexis Sánchez 26 £130,000 (3 Years) 2018
    Theo Walcott 25 £110,000 (1 Year) 2016
    Olivier Giroud 28 £100,000 (3 Years) 2018
    Danny Welbeck 24 £75,000 (4 Year) 2019

The point of all this is that no one really knows what they earn. These two illustrations are vastly different.

Morning chas and all.

Anyone clicking on that surf tour in Fiji link I put up, then go to 11mins for an island tour

I tell my children they “could” get an office job or…. 🙂

Run a bloody restaurant, surf tours, writer, anything. I mean “shut the front door!” 🙂

Ok, later

Ooops sorry lads

Exile. Great news you’ve had a nice time. If I ever moved, it would only be further West

Morning Crystals

78. JM says:

The battle between the Blaugrana & the Bianconeri shall be won and lost in midfield.

(Busquets, Rakitić & Iniesta) vs (Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba & Vidal)

I have been island hopping in Fiji.

And with that I am out of here. Taking a group of Indians on a 10 hour tour of our city (heaven help me)

BTW. Ladywise, I support Juve tonight

Raddy – so what was the consensus yesterday? Do we need a striker?

I have my money on Sterling replacing Theo

Eddie

Do you now, or ever, care what the consensus think?

82. Shard says:

Kelsey

Flamini said he had another year at the club at a press conference before the FA Cup.

I could also have sworn Wenger said 3 years about Flamini when he was signed at the beginning of last season. The only reason it was widely assumed that it was 2 years was because transfermarkt said so. But I think they are wrong about that.

“On whether Saturday could be his last game for the club…

No, no. I have one more year at the club.”

Ah, but Shard (and hello), AW said that at the beginning of the season ie before he fluked a top DM 🙂

84. Shard says:

Hello micky

The season Flamini was signed, not last season. I keep forgetting the season is over. 🙂

There’s still a chance Flamini could be sold, but I think he has a year on his contract left, and if his track record is anything to go by, he will choose to move as a free agent rather than agree to a transfer. Not the worst thing in the world as long as his presence doesn’t preclude us from buying someone who would help us improve. I don’t think it will.

Shard

I think Arsene may surprise us and “do a Maureen”

By that I mean a ruthless cull rather like Maureen staggered me by flogging Mata to a rival. He saw where he had under utilized value, cashed in, strengthened where serious quality strength was required, and proceeded to waltz the league.

86. Shard says:

Wenger has been ruthless in the past. But if Flamini is unprepared to accept a transfer there isn’t anything anyone can do about it, as long he does have a year left on his contract like he says.

What Wenger can do is not worry about Flamini and his wages and get in someone else if he finds the right player. I think he will do that.

Flamini is not a problem for me, as we are not overloaded with tough eggs in midfield

Way over loaded up top in my opinion, and I’d flog Podolski, Sanogo, and either Danny or Giroud

Micky I’ve seen a lovely barn conversion going, £1.2m top of Porthcurnick Beach, that’s one owners barn, two letting barns, one with development potential plus 2 acres of land.

I think I may be putting together a business plan.

I’ve always been a North Cornwall on the Atlantic kind of guy, but two holidays on south coast (Porthleven and now Roseland Peninsula, I’m kind of loving the fishing village life.

Need to come in winter to get a feel of what these places are like out of season.

But G seems to want to be a boatman, every time we saw one “me boat” so did the St Mawes to Falmouth ferry. Harbour wall steps with pram, babe in arms, toddler and dog was an experience, but fair play to others boarding and the ferry crew they patiently helped us all on and even carried pram on for us. All with remarkably good cheer.

Has to be said I absolutely love Cornwall!!

Exile
    From the little I know about you, your family and your work, I’d say the only negative would be the loss of proximity to immediate family.

For people who actually like their families, that’s a biggie.

That aside, we’re just inside the Devon border, but if I was younger and doing it all again, absolutely no doubt whatsoever it’d be near,but north of Truro. Newquay flights, best beaches and I believe Truro has some top quality schools.

What is happening to Wellington Silva and Joel Campbell. Bad business not to sell Campbell after the WC when he had value, especially as he is not in AW’s plans.

Shard is always right 😉 well quite honestly Flamini has served his time twice and we need an upgrade.
    I would let Arteta go and it looks like Rosicky might stay on low wages to have the odd ten minutes here and now.

Bellerin is ready for a new contract,will be interesting to see what he gets.

91. Shard says:

“Shard is always right”

Words to live by, kelsey. 🙂

Ah this time you are wrong as I am actually half dead lol 😉

Right lads
    Outside time
    Back for CL

I have a comment in triplicate which keeps going into spam.

95. Red Arnie says:

motning all.

GiE. top comment at 6:22. My verdict. Upfront we need nothing much, if we think Theo can stay fit all season. A good sub striker for the bench, just in case Giro is out of commission.

who gives better service to the club, Theo or BFG? Who won the WC: Theo or BFG? if Theo demands more salary than BFG, he may as well leave. In that case, find someone pacy.

If you think Theo is likely to be crocked half of the season, flog him straightaway! 😛

Otherwise, onwards and upwards. 🙂

Let me just crowbar my way onto the sofa 🙂

97. Red Arnie says:

welcome Micky. 🙂 go Juve! 😛

Hi Arnie
    Very bad start for Juve as well as the neutral

that was very Arsenal-like goal

100. Red Arnie says:

yes, Micky. 🙂 agreed, Evonne. 🙂

wenger would never sign Vidal and thank Dennis for that

Really getting quite worried that Chas may have under seasoned the Spezatinno di Manzo

why have Barca a transfer embargo till the end of the year?

there you are Eddie – The Spanish club was handed a 14-month ban in April after being found guilty of breaching Fifa’s rules on the transfer of players aged under 18.

Any space for me?

Eddie. FFP I think.

Our final was much better. We would beat either of these teams if we played like we did at Wembley

106. Red Arnie says:

welcome, Raddy. we are certainly better than Juve. 😛

You’ve been drinking haven’t you Big 🙂

yes Raddy, not terribly exciting I’m afraid

Barca are trying to play our way, but Juve are good at defending

I can see a goal for Juve from a set piece

What of it Didit? As far as I am aware it has never affected my judgement 🙂

Hey Eddie
    Just seen my Hi Eddie comment not appeared
    Hi Eddie

hi micky 🙂 my 2 morning comments to you did not appear. conspiracy.

Messi is not the player he was – fancy hair cut, whole arm tattoo, whatever next – move to Chelsea?

Game on

113. Red Arnie says:

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss. 🙂

getting hot hot hot 🙂 🙂

That’s what happens when you start to showboat

116. Red Arnie says:

hmmm. poor keeping

Watching Messi is fantastic. Best player ever

fight fight fight 🙂

119. Red Arnie says:

yes, but now a shadow of his best

120. Red Arnie says:

i like the sight of Pogba. feel sorry for him, why was that not a penalty?

stone cold penalty, but Neymars goal should have not been disallowed. So 1:2 is a fair result

Pogba is too big, makes little players falling off him look dangerous. Last 2 free kicks were only given because Pogba is so big

Vermaelen gets a CL winners medal!

It’s goodnight from him
    Goodnight

That’s another comment gone into spam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right that’s the same comment gone into spam yet again, someone sort it out please.

Bloody furious

If this little snippet: “the Gunners are preparing an offer for the Leicester City youngster Ben Chilwell”, is the best of the news then Wenger should walk today

Livid

Sorry folks I accidentally published a new post.

I think we are on auto pilot

very strange, my longer comments go into spam, Raddy can you have a look please or whoever is around, maybe LB or raasp or peaches.

Anyway judging on last night how much is Sanchez worth, and why did they sell him ?