Diaby Day

End of a season. For some players this will be their final day at the finest ground in the universe, for others a glittering future awaits. I always hate the final day of the season, if we have not won the title it means my hopes fade and die – as far as I am concerned it is never over until the fat lady sings.

And the chubby lady’s voice is echoing all around Abou Diaby. I cannot recall a player who has had such a frustrating career. The man could have been the answer to all our midfield woes – tall, strong, pacy, and blessed with fast feet for a big man (I love a cliche´). Injury did for the poor fellow. Imagine how frustrated he must have been as season by season he worked his way back to the first team only to be knacked in the first game of his return. My sympathy for the loss of his Arsenal career is tempered by the many millions he will have earned sitting in the stands and lying on the treatment table. A story is so much better with a what might have been.

images-2

This is not the place for a season review, we can leave that until after the big game next weekend, and it is with that in mind that we come to the selection of the team to play West Bromwich Albion.

Will Mr Wenger rotate the team? He surprised us all mid-week by playing the Crown Jewels (or The Holy Trinity as chas calls them). They have to be rested this afternoon. So should Per, Kos, Hector, Aaron, and OG. We have the squad…. Use them.

And what of WBA? Pulis has done a remarkable job – never liked the cut of his jib but credit where credit is due. Could Berahino be a summer signing at THOF? He has a touch of the IW8’s about him and I think if we can control what appears to be a massively inflated ego (see Raheem Sterling) he could do a job for us, especially if Theo leaves.

WBA are the usual Pulis team – hard working, organised, strong in defence and pacy on the counter – they are a decent team; mid-table decent.

Can we score? For a team with such a varied supply of attacking talent we have been toothless the last 4 games. This has to change and change fast. Not playing Theo mid-week was IMO a huge mistake because we seem to have lost the confidence and ability in front of goal  – Theo adds something different. What is the point of Bellerin crossing repeatedly into the box when all our players are dwarfed by defenders (apart from OG who has lost his mojo)?

There is the possibility we could ship 4 and MU could beat Hull by 3 so 3rd is not 100% guaranteed. Of course it is, that will never happen!

How would we feel if our players downed tools as Chelsea did last weekend? I would be hugely unhappy if any Arsenal player did not give 100% every time he stepped onto the field in the historic red and white; I expect nothing less than a sparkling display this afternoon.

Barca had a Xavi Day yesterday. We should have Diaby Day.

I am 72% confident

COYRRG

195 Responses to Diaby Day

1. Thanks for the PM Big Randy, I think any Pullis team will play to the mangers favourite tactics: rotational fouling, raking studs down ligaments, leaving the foot in after a late tackle and the usual hurling themselves to the floor near the penalty area for cheap free kicks.

Anyhoo, barring the nightmare scenario of Hull caving to vanjudas’ lot this should be a stress free afternoon.

Right, off for a quick shower then make my way to the FBB for pre match libations with Raspers/GoonerB etc…

2. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Nice one Raddy.
    You always have me wincing with your PM’s Raddy, 72% confident, well well well. Chelsea hammered 3.0 by this team, and we couldn’t find a breakthrough against Sunderland, in fact we could have easily lost.

Of course we all have our own views and usually Raddy your not that far wrong, so i wont rock the boat.

From what i saw the other night from the Arsenal display, told me that certain players need a bit of a rest. Some are showing the frustration of a long season, Many games this year could have been so much better, as from the start we didn’t know what team would turn up, to be quite honest i still don’t know.

Last game of the EPL today and only a complete disaster can stop us making 3rd place, but of course with the wrong team turning up quite possible.

Will Wenger play a few fresh players, when i say fresh i mean squad players who have hardly played. Martinez, Debuchey Chambers Pulista.Arteta Rosiski Flamoni Walcott. Gnabry. I know there are a few more but will we see them.

Abu Diaby, Now heres a player who must be fit, as he has only played a couple of games since he’s been with us, will he get a showing. I know this man’s Arsenal career has been a nightmare but although many will be sad for him, i am thinking of applying for his place when he goes, if only for one season. His wage for one year could probably set me up for life.

Diaby leaving opens up a squad place, and that Place is where Le Coq has fitted in well of course Ramsey also would like to play there as well so does that mean Diaby has kept the talented Ramsey out. Anyway him leaving means a replacement do we buy another HM or do we buy another attacking Mid decisions decisions.

What happens if Arteta and Flamoni leave Rosiski has signed for another season , so only another two possible replacements. Czezesney maybe going so another new signing.

As i said will we see some old faces we haven’t seen for a long long time No Ox i’m afraid as he got injured pulling his boots on. Well we are at home Raddy that should be in our favour although Sunderland would argue that..

With a confused Manager a tired team and a lack of confidence with the players i am 40% confident.

Excellent Raddy. I am with you on the Theo thing. Here is another thought though. AW has always got his players to fulfill their potential by showing a belief in them, even if things don’t come off immediately. He exhibits more patience than any other manager I can care to think of IMO, and has been proven right in this when a player written off by fans comes good.

I therefore find his handling of Theo very strange. It seems to be the antithesis of everything he normally stands for as a manager. It screams “I don’t trust you / have faith in your ability”.

The problem with suddenly playing Theo under these circumstances is that he may try to desperately force his game in an effort to impress hugely in what might appear to him as an opportunity that may not present itself again any time soon. This will be followed by the sections of the crowd not sure about him moaning and groaning with a “see I told you so” attitude.

The thing is maybe he doesn’t quite have it at the very highest level, but his handling is still very un-Arsene like.

Anyway, off to get my rouge on and splash the old spice.

Morning Steve. What did you mean by a confused manager?

5. Ant says:

Thanks BR? Bonus for us..only paid for cattle class but train changed so our reservation not in existence so complimentary upgrade to first class (where we belong) So free wi fi and a bonus Ant and Duck show albeit on a shorter train ride..

6. chas mobile says:

Cheers, BR, excellent as ever. Poor About, at least his wife loves him.

Lads and Dads was amazing. For some reason the sun always comes out when we’re on the beach in Lincolnshire. Stone balancing was one of our leisure pursuits.

7. chas mobile says:

8. Ant says:

After a few days camping and the completion of over 100 beers, Moroccan lamb, kebabs and 12 bottles of red, the early fruity cider is delicious…

9. Ant says:

And the complimentary nibbles have just arrived.. 4 bags of sea salt crisps and Viennese butter whirls and crunchy oat crummmbles.. It’s our lucky day!

10. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning GB, Arsene Wenger should he put a few changes out should he stick with what he has will he give Abu a game. Lots of things going round his brain. Start Theo or bring him on later. Maybe its just me GB but he certainly confuses me so i assume he is also confused.

Is that a bad statement then.

11. Ant says:

We didn’t need to stop at the corner shop.

12. Ant says:

I’m easily confused as well Steve.

13. Ant says:

Peterborough is our current stop. New towns were always rubbish.

14. Ant says:

East Coast is so much better than Midland mainline. It’s the Branson trained staff influence.

15. chas mobile says:

16. Ant says:

17. Ant says:

Wake up everyone.. It’s the last day of the premier league season and we are going to tonk the Boing Boing Baggies.

18. Ant says:

The Stonehenge massive pile of boulders on the beach was awesome

19. Ant says:

Has anyone else experienced the Mablethorpe micro climate.. It’s like the Algarve!

20. Ant says:

Chas is making full use of the facilities after all that meat and beer and wine..

No not a bad statement steve. I have felt he has had some confusion about his best and most balanced side from the start of this season owing to how to accomodate so many talented cm’s in the side. Just wondered on your angle as i know earlier in the season you stated Arsene was the man with a plan.

22. Ant says:

He’s just come back 4 lbs lighter

23. stevepalmer1 says:

You deserve to be Ant, With all that Healthy food your putting away could confuse anybody, Enjoy mate.

24. chas mobile says:

Surely our most balanced side will change throughout the season depending on form, injuries and opposition?

25. Ant says:

Wenger is never confused GB ..he just seems to realise that some players this season have to be accommodated into the team even if slightly out of position.. So Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla, Giroud and at times Coq, Ramsey and Wilshere are fitted in.

26. chas mobile says:

He’s definitely confused when it comes to zips.

Great PM Raddy, I’d certainly like to applaud Diaby on the pitch today. If he is going on to a pay per play contract then I think he could still be a great asset to the team and emerging players.

Ant n chas – are you going to the FFB, it looks like the rain will have set in by 1pm so the exotic verdant environs may be out of bounds 🙂

28. Ant says:

Not sure yet Rasp.

29. chas mobile says:

30. Ant says:

You haven’t got a ticket have you Rarsp ? (as Jon calls you)😫

31. Ant says:

That’s disgusting Chas

32. chas mobile says:

Ant’s nickname at school was ‘ladyfinger’.

Chas / Ant. I am not so sure about that. Don’t get me wrong I am still largely an AW fan. Who is played should alter per game and based on who is available but I have felt that when he has had more options he has chosen the wrong ones with players out of position due to his preference for a certain type of player. I disagree with this steve as i feel a side with 2 players playing out of position who are slightly technically superior on an individual basis to other players who are more suited to that position will be trumped vy the better balanced side.

34. stevepalmer1 says:

I have to admit GB I have said a lot about Arsene over the years, The man has been a genius, and a supporter can feel he knows just how to run the team, but he leaves me confused at times.

Top 4 for so many years but the sad thing for me is that i always expect more. Had i been born a Spud Maybe i would feel he has over achieved, but we have been spoilt maybe not with trophies but with expectation.

35. Ant says:

Not much Ant and Duck left (until Wem ber lee) but it’s been a pleasure… Thanks Steve and BR and GB.

Due to his delicate slender and well manicured digits Chas?

37. Ant says:

I think maybe Arsene knows a little more about his players, tactics, formations, coaching, fitness and blending a team than you Steve!

38. Ant says:

But I’m still confused..

39. chas mobile says:

I reckon Steve and the Camel Wormer should manage the team from now on. The Vauxhall conference beckons. 🙂

40. arnie says:

lovely stuff, Raddy. 🙂

Diaby getting a start. Yes, I love that. That apart, holy trinity and all is fine. Play the players who are in on the project, want to play and give their 100% instead of haggling over every contract negotiation. Keep the threat of Sterking on even if only to show them their real place. 😛

If we got to 3rd without the services of some superstars, would they have taken us to the title. Hmmm, I doubt that.

COYG. 🙂

41. Ant says:

Evonne calls me slim and now delicate, slender and well manicured.. It really is my lucky day!

42. arnie says:

lovely Ant n’ Duck show!

43. Ant says:

Arnie Arnie Arnie….☺️😏😔😙😣😨😮😏😐😱😐😽😻😲😷😣😙😓😟😐😩😷😣😘😏😩😎😝😙😏😆😶😻😺😚😎😆😁👌

Sorry chas, I’m attending under a pseudonym and wearing a false beard and moustache if that helps 😆

45. Ant says:

We love you Arnie we do

46. arnie says:

Nice to know I bring all the emotions out in Ant. 😛

47. Ant says:

Sterking hell

48. chas mobile says:

Rarsp

Just make sure you don’t say ‘Jehovah’.

49. arnie says:

my lucky day as well, Ant! 😛

50. arnie says:

Sterking indeed! 😛

51. Ant says:

London we’re here..cheers… the ales are calling

52. arnie says:

53. arnie says:

Pr**k

54. arnie says:

55. PV4 says:

Diaby should have hired a shit hot lawyer and crucified that no-mark Dan Smith for ruining his career at Sunderland – I can still hear the scream as he mowed him down on the line. Add him to the Birmingham animal Taylor who killed off Eduardo, Shawshank for Ramsey…Oh shit, I’ve just named the new Chelski back line for next season alongside JT!!

56. At the FBB now. Where is everyone ?

Thanks Raddy.

I really emphasize with Diaby, it’s so very sad that his talent was ruined by injuries. He could have become an Arsenal legend, Arsenal (AW) has been blighted by injuries to their top players and is in my opinion the main reason for us missing out on trophies for so long.

By the way Raddy a 4-0 win for United and a 0-3 loss for us would still give us third place as we would be tied on points and goal difference but we would take third based on goals scored.

Fine pre-match BR. Thanks for the read. OK, time to make my way to the ground. I always feel bit guilty setting off when I do knowing that Chas started his journey at least three hours ago. Oh, well, he is one of a few that make me look like a fair weather supporter.

Nice show Ant, unfortunately the 5 hour time difference means I see it when the trip is nearly over.

Pulis always puts a sour taste in my mouth so I hope we stuff them to sweeten up the last game of the season and leave no doubt about our superiority over Man U – I’m still stunned that we only gained one point against them..

TEAM NEWS: Three changes for final game

Arsène Wenger has made three changes to the side that drew 0-0 against Sunderland on Wednesday.

Gabriel replaces Laurent Koscielny at centre back while Francis Coquelin comes back in to parter Santi Cazorla in midfield, at the expense of Aaron Ramsey.

Elsewhere, Theo Walcott replaces Olivier Giroud up front while Jack Wilshere makes his 100th Premier League appearance on the right-hand side.

Team: Ospina, Bellerin, Gabriel, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ozil, Alexis, Walcott

Subs: Szczesny, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

It’s a pleasant surprise to see Oxlade on the bench.

62. arnie says:

COYG. cannot complain. where will the goal(s) come from? anyway, AKB. COYG. 🙂

Thanks for the great PM BR – and for all the others during the season.

We need a convincing win today or next weekend will be a case of the jitters all round.

64. arnie says:

MWG, Rockstar? 😛

65. Horny says:

Another dreadful season comes to a close
    The worst Premier league of all time and all Wenger can do is come 3rd, pathetic

Thanks Raddy for the final PM this season, well done sir!
    Match days would never be the same without your blogs, you always make them special, big thank you from me

Diaby? Who knows, perhaps he would turn out to be a very average player

I will probably watch the Hull game, traitor that I am 🙂

horny – yes, your sexual frustration is obvious for all to see.

68. arnie says:

wow, I eat my words. 😛

69. arnie says:

wow and wow. well done Theo. 2-0 to The Arsenal. 🙂

70. arnie says:

wow wow wow, what a game. 3-0. Theo, Theo, Jack. 🙂

Thanks Raddy
    On mobile for rubbish stream and as
    Pants
    Sign da ting feo 😄

72. arnie says:

Theo hattrick. 4-0. tra la la la la.

Jack is fantastic. 🙂

73. arnie says:

wow, what a half! all down to the fresh feet, Theo and Jack. The physios deserve some credit, and rightly. 🙂

Stoke 5-0 Liverpool. ha ha ha ha ha. 🙂

Oooer team selection fr final interesting

Told you I was confident and that Theo was the answer for today (but perhaps not next week).

Loving L’pool’ s work to celebrate Gerrard’s last game

76. arnie says:

“perhaps not next week”? well, dont know, Raddy. 🙂

77. arnie says:

ha ha ha. Rambo could have had a hattrick. 🙂

78. arnie says:

love the passion of the Newcastle fans and players. great scenes. 🙂

Felllaini is a dirty front bottom, should get at least 3 match ban to the next season

This had me in stitches yesterday

We were in cruise control from the moment Theo scored that beauty in the 4th minute.

Ospina very wobbly in the second half.

JW my MotM

81. arnie says:

Fair enough, Raddy. We wait to hear from LB who we understand was in the Ems cheering Jack all the way! 😛

82. Aaron says:

that was a joy to watch. the passing was sublime and Arsenal had on their shooting boots today. Jack really drives the team forward and is passing the ball quicker as to not get taken out. Coq snuffed out everything and Theo, hell, he did just fine today. But, Ospina blew it again and could have shipped 2. Put Szcz back in for goodness sakes, oh wait Arsene will start him in the FA Cup final!!
    who to put up front???hmmmm Arsene has some thinking to do.
    Great weekend everyone! Go Gunners!

83. Someone write something for tomorrow pretty please xx

84. Funny, Rasp was saying in the pub before the game that Theo was not a centre forward.

Whatever he is 3 goals today were very tidy.

85. The Cockie Monster says:

hahaha, Arnie………word is LB wants to start the Tour de France from Wiltshire this year !.

86. The Cockie Monster says:

That`s the trouble Champagne Chary !…….you make a statement about a player amongst friends in a pub and it always comes back to bite you on the Rasp !.

87. Bloody Hell!!! I leave the country for a couple of weeks and the results take a nose-dive, lost to Swansea and dropped two points away to Manure. Then a couple of hours after I land at Stanstead we’re 4 – 0 up and coasting to victory against West Brom. I shall have to take future holidays only in the close season.

By the way, when did we sign this new striker? What’s is name Wally Theocott or something. Is he cup-tied? or can he play next week?

88. Ha ha Cockle, what’s said in the pub does NOT stay in the pub!

89. The Cockie Monster says:

Am I the only one getting sexually aroused at the thought of Man U having a real toughie of a CL qualifier ?……if they get dumped into the Europa League, I think my Hampton will spontaneously combust !.

“Jack really drives the team forward and is passing the ball quicker as to not get taken out.”

This comment by Aaron really sums the the game up well for me. The Holy Trinity of Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez are clearly dictating the way football is to played at THOF and this, no doubt, is fashioned on the training ground where the likes of Wilshere must now realise that they either toe the line and play the way the big boys dictate or be left out, it is as simple as that and Wilshere, to his credit, has clearly decided to toe that very line; his passing was crisp, precise, sharp and as good as any one of the holy three I mentioned above. I watch Wilshere like a hawk and he only got caught in possession once during the whole time he was on the pitch and that for me is the exception that proves the rule that he has learnt a very important lesson.

And his goal, this is two birds with one stone. The second thing that makes people like me want to tear my hair out is his really annoying tendency to pass when there is a clear shooting opportunity, note GIE that I said when there is a clear opportunity. Anyway, none of that today, his goal was glorious, second only to Theo’s first which was very special; still, all in all, a really good day for Wilshere and Walcott.

Theo should start over Giroud next week.

Note to Chary, Theo scored his goals coming in from wide positions. He’s a wide striker not a centre forward 🙂

92. arnie says:

ha ha ha, good batner. 🙂 Rasp, are you saying Giro in the centre in the final, and Theo on the right? 🙂

Hi arnie, I think Villa under Tim the gooner will try to play football so I might well start the CF with Theo

Well at least my Arsenal hoodoo has ended, after 3 games without a win I finally got to see a stylish victory. Theo my motm – sign da ting Theo !!

If Villa try to play football there will be oceans of space and that is Theo time.

96. arnie says:

No disagreement there, Rasp and LB. 🙂

Even if I feel Giro has given a lot to the club despite getting a very unfair deal from ungrateful fans. 😦

97. Ant says:

West Brom got the tonking that I predicted..happy days. Giroud looks short of confidence. Jack and Theo fresh and lively. Coq was immense! Ramsey dangerous but defensively we looked vulnerable in the second half. Szech for final and Monreal for better solidity and heading strength versus Benteke.

What an erotically satisfying performance that was. People forget that before Theo picked up his injury he was on fire and prior to Jacks ankle problems he was on the verge of starting a new religion.

I forsee a cycle trip to Damascus for LB. One littered were white van man irationaly road rages LB, blaming him for failing his Black Cab drivers test, and were an unwanted youth displays an uncanny accuracy with an egg.

After LB is forced to beat both to pulp, a vision of Jacks left foot appears, demanding he cycle as fast as his can through sunny but extreamly boring Hertfordshire to let it be know that from now Jack plays and dominates as he wants.

I understand the doubts on both Jack and Theo. We as supporters should always question the ability of our players. I myself always put women to the test. After been a relationship for about a month I will stick a video of the 79 cup final. If the girl shows no emotion to Alan Sunderlands winner i am left distraught, but If I really like her will afford another chance, playing the tape of the 1978 5-0 drubbing at the lane. If after Liams goal she starts talking about one of her friends, then I cite incompatibility and leave.

Word of warning. Dont play the same game with a male friend who has recently got into the Arse and so drools at Brady. You may experience confusion and become a convert to another form of arse.

And I agree with Rasp. Theo is not a centre forward. Hes just a lovely lad who plays wide and scores plenty of goals.

100. arnie says:

OK, so Theo is not central, neither is Alexis, who will play central then? hmmm. 😛

agree about Szcz and Monreal back, Ant. 🙂

101. arnie says:

congrats Gooner James DeGale. 🙂

Good weekend for Gooners

Theo pretty much played centrally today, regardless of whether he scored coming on from the wings or not.

The difficulty with today was working out just how good we were compared with just how little WBA gave a monkey’s about the result.

I can unashamedly say that I love Terry’s comments

He may have positioned himself centrally, but he moved wide to receive the ball on most occasions. Quite rightly he didn’t see his role as having to hold the ball up. His runs were well timed and intelligent, he’s a completely different type of player to Giroud. Giroud moved out wide to allow the Ox to play centrally when he came on and was not very effective in that role.

106. Raspers’s @ 6.09, yeah, I kinda left out that bit(about wide striker), for comic effect, my bad ha ha,

Question: did Walcott play in his familiar role on the right wing?
    Answer: No.
    Question: where did Walcott play?
    Answer: centrally.
    Question: was he static?
    Answer: of course not.
    Question: so in conclusion, where did Walcott play?
    Answer: centrally.

See ya……………

I’ve just watched the highlights on MOTD. He scored 2 goals coming in from the right and one from the left. He spent very little of his time centrally except at the kick off. The graphic may have shown him centrally on the pitch but he was no more a central striker than Messi. End of, over and out 🙂

109. fatgingergooner says:

Some games suit Walcott, some suit Giroud. It’s up to Wenger to make sure he knows which are which. Theo was outstanding today and showed exactly why he should be kept at the club. He does good things in areas that matter.

Wilshere has looked excellent recently. I’d start him against Villa as he looks fresh. Who to drop though is tough.

Nice to see Villa losing aswell. The final is a one off, but you don’t want to be going into it on the back of a few defeats.

Morning all, sorry I didn’t get to join in the closing day fun*. Have only watched highlights, couple of pearlers in there. Wasn’t easy to work out who was playing where from highlights, but we looked like we were playing well.

*we went away for the weekend, and then I won an eBay auction for a roof box which I planned to pick up during the week. Instead the seller informed me that they were away Monday and would return Friday (I needed the box for holiday on Saturday), therefore once I’d finished our 3 hour drive home from Farnborough, I got in the car and drove three hours to Daventry and 3 hours back! It was a bargain though.

111. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    You nailed it Raddy, Me with little faith, Your 70% looks pretty good this morning, and as usual you must have had Wenger’s ear, A few changes, as you predicted, Me wrong again with Chamberlain. Pity he didn’t score, as he also could have cuddled the Physio.

From the off we looked electric, although my stream was playing up, i saw enough of the first half to see that the guys were well fired up. Jack and Theo the two guys i have had a go at, were quite spectacular.

My comment the other day saying they both posses powder puff shots, has come back and swiftly kicked my arse. The goals they scored with shots, were quite spectacular, and had me jumping for joy.

First half was a fine example of what this squad can do, i feel we all know what they are capable of , but sadly we don’t see it as much as we should.

Pullis realised, that meeting an Arsenal side in this kind of mood, was certainly not going to play into his plans, but at half time he messed about with his side to limit the damage.

Although sadly the goals dried up for us , West Brom nicked one back. Ospina who has had a reasonable filling in spell, let himself down today, not a great display from him, unlike the rest of the team, i would be surprised to see him in the final..

Ramsey showed some really nice touches, but still has trouble putting the ball in the net. Theo played very well, i felt his confidence was up, and once he tasted goalscoring he was like a man possessed. Theo does run hot and cold and many’s the time i have thought that the player i had hoped for has finally come of age, But i had to bite my lip yesterday as i have seen brilliance from him before, only to be
    disappointed for the next six months. Bit of a quandary for Wenger now, as does he keep him or cash in. I hold my hands up Raddy me of little faith with my 40%, i should never question you, but i just can’t help it. Well predicted mate.

Rasp

The point that people are trying to make is that Walcott played more centrally yesterday than his usual wide right position. It is an innocent point, nothing to do with Giroud or Messi.

Thanks LB, I think the point is that Walcott was the main striker. If Giroud plays centrally everybody looks for him as a target but if Walcott plays it is much more fluid, The movement around the box is quicker and sharper and we play with the ball on the floor more of the time.

I agree FGG, they are all different types of strikers and should be used in different circumstances

We all know what Theo brings to the team.

Theo is at his best when our midfield line is close to the opponent goal and just as importantly have a bit of time and space to look up and pick out a pass.

Theo needs service, simple as that. He is the best player we have off the ball, so if the service comes he can destroy the opponent.

His weaknesses tend to show when we are not in control of a game. The guy is like my second wife, needing perfect and masterful football to turn him on. Thats why i now live in a loft and the Mrs destroys my loving gifts of Nike footballs and scoffs at attempts to turn her on by the invoking of sexual innuendos pertaining to Tony Woodcock.

Theo can have a big part in our future, playing wide right and occasionaly up front, so i really hope he stays at the club.

Conversley, I have no future with my wife. Attempts to convince her that together we could read and study Arsenal programmes, and indulge long and sexy discussion on the ugly but brute power of Brian Talbots shots have fallen on deaf ears.

116. Rasp, you’ve got it in one in your 7.42.

Who gives a toss what position any of our forwards or midfielders play in, they all shift about in an entirely bewildering fashion and as they can all score goals does it matter who is the striker and who is the winger.

It must be a nightmare for defenders to play against such a fluid formation.

I think Giroud’s presence is is some ways a comfort for defenders as they know what to expect from him.

117. Terry, I don’t know how old your present missus is but may I suggest you go back a further generation (no, not to her mother) to the days of the likes of Cliff Holton or Don Roper, or even Dennis and Leslie Compton, she may get a different perspective in black and white.

Hi Norfolk, Giroud suits a 4:5:1 and Theo a 4:3:3. Barcelona’s front 3 is about as good as it gets. If we had a front 3 of Walcott/Ox and Sanchez/Welbeck right and left and someone quicker and more clinical than Giroud in the middle we would have the best attack force in the EPL

Thanks Norfolk. I have tried that. Got the romantic candles, cooked a nice meal, all stuff was top quality bought from the Arsenal shop. We then settled down and I stuck on a chick flick movie “The Arsenal Stadium mystery”

After about two minutes all i got was a wide eyed stare and “Whats this? Cant you see your obsessed with football?” I replied, “Course Ime not, this is about murder and some geezer with brylcream getting romantic”

As I went to get the wine I noticed she was sending a phone text to some bloke called Ron. “Whos this bloody Ron? You have the cheek to accuse me about football obsession and yet your planning to run with that Chelsea wanker Ron Harris”

She hasnt spoken to me since

Good Morning

Firstly I must thank Raddy for yet again excellent work throughout the season and everyone else who contributes.

I haven’t seen much of the team since January but regardless who starts next Saturday a 4-1 drubbing which could easily have been 6-1 must do the confidence no end of good.

I would like to think that many of the players are on edge to see if they will be selected.

Being slightly harsh one can’t judge either Walcott or Wilshere on one outstanding game, in fact the lack of consistency has been our main downfall, and that applies generally.

My only concern was Ospina yesterday who really looked quite poor.

Never second guess AW to team selection but Wembley is a big pitch and I side with Walcott to start though knowing AW he will do the complete opposite.

121. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger must be delighted that Ox and Welbeck are short of fitness because choosing a team for the final is getting tougher by the day!

i will guess our back 6 will be:-

Szczesny
    Bellerin Merts Koz Monreal
    Coquelin

So that means any 5 from:-

Cazorla
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Özil
    Sanchez
    Walcott
    Giroud

Throw Ox and Welbeck in and it’s impossible to predict!

122. Motning all, a pleasure to meet Peachy, Raspers and GoonerB before the game yesterday and a satisfying result it was.

If anyone’s interested my take on the match is over here http://www.7amkickoff.com/2015/man-at-the-match-chary-theo-buttresses-scoring-junks/

I’ve already offended someone by calling Liverpool the Bin dippers. Oops.

123. Terry, it’s obvious, at least to all proper blokes, that you are most certainly not “obsessed” with football. Merely, that as a bloke, football plays a significant part in yor life. Women do not have the type of intellect to understand such a concept. No offence intended to any persons of the female persuasion who happen to glance at this comment. 😀

Have you tried convincing the good lady that you are in fact obsessed with sex? You may find her interest in all things to do with football suddenly awakened.

NG. You are on fine form today!

125. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha. enjoying every bit of the post-match bolleaux. 😛

Chary. The chap responding to you on 7 a.m. is a Div of the very first order and has clearly never been anywhere near a football ground.

Just as well he doesn’t blog on AA!

127. He does seem a very sensitive wall flower Big Randy.

Maybe he thinks football is like going to the ballet ?

Did all the players come out at the final whistle ? I noticed that Rosicky didn’t make the bench.

Any vdeos of the players ?

So we finsh third as third highest scorers and third best defence.

130. But the most entertaining football, Kelsey.

‘morning BR, refreshed by a pleasant sojourn in Northern Cyprus where I managed to miss three matches which amassed just two points and only one goal between them. I didn’t even realise we had played Sunderland until this morning. So I wasn’t affected by the angst occasioned by the dip in results.

There’s this small harbourside restaurent in Girne (Kyrenia) where the mussels fried in garlic butter and the grilled Sea Bass are an absolute dream. Mmmm.

131. Kelsey, yes they did, plus a heck of a lot of reserves I didn’t recognise.

NG. I have never been to Cyprus thanks to it’s reputation as a party island filled with English chavs (Aya Napia), but perhaps this is unfair. Girne looks interesting and if the food is good it would be a fine spring destination.

Peaches/Rasp. It is my intention to do two or three short FAC PM’s (Thurs/Fri/Sat). I am sure you will not object

Afternoon all. It was great catching up with Chary and Lord and Lady A.A yesterday.

Got to pop out for 45 mins to 1 hour but when I get back I can knock up a few words. I will check when I get back to see if I am given a thumbs up or down.

Very quiet here. Anyway I have sent something in to nuts if required.

Thanks GB – is it ok if we save it for tomorrow now?

No probs rasp. I knocked it up quickly anyway so i may go back and have another look and see if i need to add to it or change some bits.

Why does Sanchez seemed to have lost so much of his potency?

Goal shy Jack wins goal of the season two seasons running 😀

From the Stoke Sentinel…………

Stoke City: Charlie Adam denied goal of the season by Arsenal fans in MOTD shambles
    By PeteSmith | Posted: May 25, 2015

TWITTER RAT: Charlie Adam was denied his due reward for the real goal of the season.

GARY Lineker looked suitably embarrassed as he revealed Charlie Adam had been beaten to the goal of the season award by Jack Wilshere.

Match of the Day is facing a backlash this morning after handing over a football institution to post-11pm Sunday night Twitter users.

It meant Arsenal fans around the world skewed the last-minute vote to reward Wilshere for a final day goal against West Brom.

That saw the BBC reward a goal scored from 20 yards past Boaz Myhill rather than a screamer from 65 yards past Thibaut Cortois.

“It’s a little bit of a surprise. Jack Wilshere … well, it’s an extraordinary goal but what do we think about this?” said ashen-faced host Lineker as he announced the results.

“Do we sense a bit of a Twitter rat here? Arsenal fans getting together… I’ve been reliably informed there’s been a little bit of a…

“I’m quite shocked Adam didn’t win it.”

Pundit Alan Shearer said: “It’s a good goal but it wouldn’t have got my vote. Charlie Adam would have got mine.”

Danny Murphy said he would have voted for former Fulham teammate Bobby Zamora.

It comes three years after Peter Crouch missed out on the prize for his stupendous volley past England keeper Joe Hart and Manchester City. That season’s title was won by Papiss Cisse.

141. Tomorrow is the 26th May everyone and we can’t let that day pass without reliving that wonderful night in 1989 when we went to Anfield and won the title against the odds.

We have Raddy’s excellent post that we’ve used before about his evening on the 26th May 1989 shall we use that again?

Maybe GoonerB won’t mind if we don’t use his until Wednesday.

This

Vs

Cisse’s is better

Haha, I remember seeing that Cisse goal live on tv. Simply amazing.

Charlie Adam’s goal was pants. 🙂

I vote for BR’s 1989 post. (no insult intended to the camel wormer)

144. I thought Theo’s first goal was pretty neat 😉

Favourite thing on BBCSport today wasPhil McNulty reviewing his predictions:

ARSENAL 3rd (prediction 5th)

Manager: Arsene Wenger 6 Players: 7 Season: 7
    Another qualification for the Champions League and signs of greater steel with wins at Manchester City in the Premier League and at Manchester United in the FA Cup quarter-final.

At no stage, however, were Arsenal ever relevant to the Premier League title pursuit so no tangible progress, especially after a disappointing Champions League exit to Monaco. Still off the pace and with work needed to be done.

The end-of-term report will read better if they can beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup final at Wembley on 30 May.

So Phil Twat McNulty predicts 5th at start of season, we beat that prediction but we are still not worthy of praise?!

146. Hi chas, I reckon Raddy’s 26May post is a must but thought I’d better put it out there. Also we get to watch all the brilliant Fever Pitch clips too 😉

Peaches
    We ended up at the Kings Head as predicted, since we had JC with us.

It probably worked out for the best as the three witches from Macbeth could stir the cauldron without being disturbed. 🙂

148. Rasp managed to break the voodoo yesterday and saw us win at last.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

🙂

151. We met up with GoonerB at the FF, he was picking up his ticket from there so it seemed best to drink there. Hope you and Ant had fun camping and JC enjoyed the game.

Everyone where I sit got tickets for the FA Cup final except me 😦

Maybe 26 might grace us with an appearance.
    I’m also looking forward to Micky’s newsagent story again.

153. chas – if there’s a parade on Sunday and you stick around will you call me and I’ll come and meet you.

Yeah, definitely best that you saw the boys. After all you’d only seen us on Monday.
    Camping was superb.
    JC was JC – four goals down our end. Ant and me were trying to think of the last time we’d scored 4 goals in the first half at the Ems.
    My guess was Blackpool but I just looked it up and it was 3 goals in each half to win 6-0.

Yep, will do.

156. Thanks. I may be a liability in other ways but it won’t be because I’ve got a fractured shoulder 🙂

Oooops, should have been Wednesday that you last saw us.
    My brain is in a weird, pickled stasis at the moment.

158. There are lots of moaners around me but yesterday it was strangely quiet except for me whooping and cheering. Some people are never happy – how were your moaners? Any more snide comments about your language?

We have a woman that sits behind me that shouts at the team the whole way through the game ‘pass the ball’, ‘pass the ball Arsenal’, OMG pass the ball’ and even she took a schtum powder. Excellent way to watch a game of football.

No, Mr Misery was silenced by the early goals and Ant’s chronic post-camping flatulence.

Ant goes camping every week?

Morning all, and merry 26th to one and all

Sounds like a fun last weekend at The Ems.

Some cracking comments over last few days 🙂

Chas
    That is stone piling of the very highest order, and especially the first pic

Ollie Out, Theo IN, IN, IN
    Jack IN, IN, IN but who OUT OUT OUT

Dear God Norfolk
    “I think Giroud’s presence is in some ways a comfort for defenders”
    Even I wouldn’t be that unkind. I’m off to tell Arnie right now 🙂

#wearyellowtowembley

Sorry Chas
    Poor internet connection, what colour for Wembley?

Too rough and Northern

Actually, thinking about that, you smut-up, and Eddie will be along with a picture of a smooth bodied gentleman in a thong. Mmmm

That Sam vid is so good

She’s not been around for days.
    The trap is baited.

This is rather splendid

stone balancing from a few years back

Splendid indeed.

LB
    In answer to your Sanchez question – I think he’s saving it up for the Final. 🙂

Did you get a ticket, by the way? I can’t remember seeing if you did or didn’t.

Who, me or LB?
    Me , no.

Great Cup vid, and even better stone balance

I meant LB.
    As Ant said, you’ve plumped for the FA Cup Final barbie, haven’t you?
    Far more civilised than trekking from Devon.

178. arnie says:

motning all.

happy 26May everyone! 🙂 Nice job this motning.

Chas
    Yes. Sounds awful, but simply couldn’t enjoy the Final last year being stuck in the middle of Hull fans. Didn’t mind doing all the driving with Wettie, but not being able to let off steam when we kept scoring was horrible
    No, this year, I shall be amongst my own, and if we lose, straight into the sea

I’ve been holding back with any 26May comments until after BR’s post goes up.

Be back after 10.
    I have half a stone of camping lard to shift as you can see……..

Wettie. 😆

The Final is a 17:30 KO!!!!!!

I enjoyed the play offs yesterday. Norwich look very good, won’t be a pushover next season. Cannot believe that their manager is only 33! How come there are so many good managers coming from Scotland? Tough men?

184. The Cockie Monster says:

Nah !, Ev va vonne !…….bit like that Johnny Cash Boy named Sue song up there !…….Men/Boys wearing skirts thing !….you either grow up tough or get shagged by a McBastard Butch Lesbian wearing a Caber sized dildo !.

They have to have good man-management skills though. Whatever it is that Alex Neil is a bloody good boss, I can see myself hating him

186. Mirning all