Walcott, Wilshere and Gibbs to start?

Must be time for a change of first eleven, Mr Wenger – the boys are looking jaded.

54b7a69842633

The Crown Jewels of Alexis, Santi and Ozil could be given tickets to sit in the stands with TH14 and Bobby P – just to get some quality time with Arsenal Royalty – or perhaps they could take a tour of the ground with Charlie George 🙂

This will allow JW and Theo some pitch time and stop them griping through the summer (hopefully). Kos is malade so either Chambers (remember him?) or The Archangel will start. Gibbs needs a kick about or he will also ask to leave citing a lack of opportunities in the run up to Euro 2016, as will Debuchy.

Aah, Debuchy – what an odd season for our punk right back; early promise, horrible injury, Chambers looking excellent in his position, then the astonishing development of Bellerin as Boosh gets close to fitness, a return to the first team but Hector is now so good Mathieu  cannot get a regular spot and is relegated to the bench. Sadly, he is knacked again so his time is best spent sunning himself in Dubai at Arsenal’s expense.  I doubt he will be happy about his first season at Arsenal.

Another needing games is Wojciech. Neither GK is good enough IMO but the Pole has been on the naughty step for too long and needs to be given a cuddle if he is to develop into the quality keeper I believe he can become.

Do you think Mr Wenger will make so many changes? Neither do I but I hope he does because this is why we have such an expensive and high quality squad.

Oh, and I would love to see Rosicky play tonight.

Who are we playing? I had to look it up and it appears we are playing Sunderland who seem to have got themselves into somewhat of a pickle. Good. Any club who spend millions and pin their hopes on an ageing Defoe deserve to go down (hope he doesn’t score tonight!). But IMO they are safe as Newcastle and Hull are both desperately trying to earn their season in the Championship.

Sunderland will defend in depth. Swansea’s win by resorting to bringing the entire South Wales contingent of buses to The Emirates was a bad, bad result for anyone who enjoys watching football. Even the Chavs play defensively when coming to Arsenal and so will every other team in the PL apart from the few who, like Arsenal, believe that football is an entertainment.

I detest this park the bus crap – what was the best game of the season – the one that had all the pundits raving about the quality of entertainment? Barca vs Bayern. Why? Because Guardiola had the nuts to send his team out to attack in the belief that is team could and should compete. Why can’t others do the same? How many of the teams who defend in depth at THOF get a result? Very few – so why not try and give some joy to the paying punter?

Rant over.

Sunderland need a point to guarantee safety, we need a point to ensure 3rd spot. A draw seems likely but thankfully Mr Wenger doesn’t work that way.

I am 63% confident.

COYRRG

221 Responses to Walcott, Wilshere and Gibbs to start?

Fantastic, thank you Raddy

Absolutely definitely make some changes. If I was Wenger this is what I would have said (before the Utd game), but today will do:

“You know, I know, and even Chas knows what my Cup Final starting XI will be, but the night before I’m getting pissed, so may be feeling erratic and adventurous when I make my final selection.

So tonight I rest my absolute definite starters in Alexis, Santi and Mesut, and in come some fresh faces. You have two games to become undropable”

2. Richard says:

I don’t think wojech has what it takes at this moment in time he is a liability. As for ospina I’m not sure he is good enough for no1 but he is more reliable than wojech. As for the rest of the squad theo gnarbry and wilshere to come in maybe even diaby on bench paulista in for per. And Gibbs for Montreal and debuchy for bellerin. But I expect one or two changes at most.

3. PV4 says:

Nice rant! I don’t think our Pole in goal is good enough and believe that he threw away enough points to take us very close to the title. He’s indecisive, erratic and arrogant. I so, so want us to keep Jack and Theo – the latter being IMO way better than Sterling who lived off Suarez and Sturridge.

We should make changes to rest the big 3 for Wembley. Plus, I think that Jack should get a decent amount of time in the final as he looks hungry and attack minded.

4. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Biggy !

I`ll never understand how these professional athletes should be jaded for (since CL elimination) basically playing one game per week, but they are a pampered breed…..I think of the 38 year old woman at work who works all day and trains of an evening, then the next day cycles to a half marathon event running the clay pits of St Austell and runs it in a hour and half and then cycles back home !……..fcuk !….all that preening and pruning of our players must take it`s toll !. hahaha

I just thought my plan for Mickies troublesome pussy on the last post has a flaw !……what if the cat is a lesbian ?……back to the drawing board !.

5. I’m a knot ear today, but thanks for the PMT Big Randy.

The big question will be is whether Wenger will rotate as everyone can see we need it or will he revert from his newly found pragmatism and flexibility back to his old stubborn ways ?

By 7pm tonight we shall know.

6. jacobsfemi says:

i don’t understand why Wenger will be using same players for seven times consecutively. He should learn from Baca and bring in fresh legs. The man Arsene is too stubborn to change. Must he always wait for 70 minutes? Don’t he have the ability to read games? Man U that is leading Arsenal made change before Wenger could consider making any change. Does Wenger have covenant with 70 minutes before he make change or he doesn’t know how to read games? We would have won the game if he made the change on time. He doesn’t have passion to win games.

Why is Rosicky constantly benched? Why is Ramsey playing wing when we know and he has accepted that he doesnt play well there?

Wenger must sign good striker because Giroud is not going to take Arsenal to the promise land (trophy)

7. wally says:

That’s a pretty good summation Raddy. I’m with you across the board.
    My only doubt is around the PIG. Hard to judge about him without knowing where his head is at, what he will accept, what he won’t accept and how hard he’s willing to fight.
    I do want to see jw and theo and rosicky today.

Lovely PM Raddy, I’m with you on all points. Definitely a start for Jack and Theo – these are the sort of players we need to deal with buses – take ons in the middle and speed out wide.

On another point, where’s Danny Welby gone? He’d be another starter for me if fit.

Excellent Raddy. I am fully with you on the rotation aspect but as much to do with looking at other possible formations and players in different roles as to do with fatigue. This comes from my feeling that we still don’t quite have the right set up to compete at the highest level, with mainly the right wing forward / winger and striker positions being my main concern.

I think we have AOC, Debuchy and Welbeck as our only injuries. TPIG needs a game so I would go with him. Gibbs to play LFB and I would keep the BFG in CD but rest Kos and give Paul Easter a game.

I would continue with Bellerin at RFB purely because I would like to see Chambers tried in the holding midfield role. I am in the camp that we need good back up to Le Coq rather than an upgrade. Chambers was more earmarked as either a CD or holding midfielder so it would be good to see if we may have Le Coq’s back up within our ranks already before entering he summer TW.

Give Santi a breather and either play Diaby or Rosicky alongside Chambers in that DM box to box role. Personally I feel this is Jack’s position in the long term but in this game I would like to see how Jack performs for a whole game in the right wing / wing forward position (because he looks potentially a good option for it). If Diaby is staying on pay per play and TR7 is off in the summer I would remove sentimentality and go with Diaby next to Chambers.

I want to see Ramsey have a shot in Ozil’s role so would love to give him that number 10 position for this game.

Left wing / wing forward and striker? If Gnabry is available (having just recently played for under 21’s) I would start him from the left and put Theo up top. If Gnabry is not ready then (due to Welbz being injured who would have got my vote for the strikers role otherwise) I would play Theo left and stick with Ollie up top.

Some of these changes I would like to see are for resting certain players and giving others game time who need it. Tactically though I would like to see how Jack operates from the right, Ramsey operates as a number 10, Theo operates either up top or from the left, and Chambers operates as a holding midfielder. Gnabry could be interesting as well because when you add him to Alexis and AOC for me we have 3 players with a very similar skill set to Sterling and at a reputed £40m-£50m.??????

We could potentially learn a lot about our options from within from this game before the TW opens.

Hi GB, I really don’t understand this ‘put Theo up top’ thing. As far as I can remember, he’s never looked effective in that position. I’d certainly give Welby a try centrally (if fit) or play with a false number 9 with the Ox maybe.
    Theo is not a centre forward, he can’t play with his back to goal, he’s much more of a threat cutting in from the right as far as I can see.

Thanks Raddy

I doubt he will make any changes tonight bar perhaps Kos who had flu, as he wants them all nicely knackered, get one or more points, bring on a couple of subs at 68 minutes, then on Sunday he will rest a few.. Always so predictable our manager 🙂

12. The Cockie Monster says:

Theo doesn`t have to be a CF to be effective !……lets look at our two highest ever goalscorers…..Wright wasn`t a big bruiser and Henry liked to cut in from the left !…..simple game football !.

Hi Raddy, another fine PM. I Hope they are not dog tired this afternoon?

…………………………………………………………………………….

Team news: Debuchy, Ox and Welbeck

Arsène Wenger gave the following team news update at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday:

on Mathieu Debuchy…
    He’s not in full training yet. He will be in full training on Friday.

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Danny Welbeck…
    They are progressing well but they will not be available for Wednesday.

on whether they will be fit for the FA Cup final…
    I don’t know yet, let’s see how they all recover next week. Danny Welbeck is not available yet, he is not in full training, so I honestly don’t know. They all have to get fit very quickly now because there is not a long way to go [to the final].

on the latest team news…
    We have an uncertainty about Laurent Koscielny that we will check today. Everybody else I will know a bit more about after training.

Hi Rasp, just my normal 3 hours to answer a comment 🙂

I also am not sure about Theo up top but, unless he was just posturing due to contract negotiations, AW has said he will turn Theo into a top striker.

After the amount of time he has been with us I find it strange and think why now, but if he is going to try it then this is probably a game he could try it with less risk.

I also subscribe to the theory that to decide whether someone is going to be a top striker or not they need a run of games in the position without a break even if it doesn’t immediately go well. TH14 had this and so did Ollie to a large degree.

Bit starts here and there in the strikers role don’t give a realistic view IMO as to whether they have what it takes. For me both Theo and Danny haven’t been afforded that opportunity yet.

I am not a big fan of your hold it up back to goal striker. I always feel the best strikers (in the best sides) hold it up in a different way, by exploiting space in channels, often wide, for their team-mates to play the ball into. They use their pace and mobility to get their first and then hold possession looking to bring team-mates into play.

I like a striker that will stay high but happily move to the flanks to give the team an out-ball rather than a bigger slower chap, back to goal, holding off 2 CD’s trying to get it under control and immediately lay/flick it off to a team-mate. TH14 was a master of going into wider channels (and not staying so permanently close to the CD’s) to receive the ball and then go in centrally at the right time.

GB @ 4:35

As good an analysis as any I have read. 🙂

Forgive me if I sound choleric in pointing out one or two teensy weensy flaws in your synopsis, but when you argue that Theo has not been given enough time, over the last 10 years, to show that he has the makings of a good CF, I find that unlikely, as he has played there on occasion, usually in desperandum, and……. he is not too good in the air – because he is short-ass; and ……he is not too good with his back to goal …… because he is easily swamped by all the strong defenders; and …… he is not good making something out of nothing, like Guerro, or Suarez, as he cannot dribble for toffee, so in the heavily policed central area he just gives the ball away, or falls over.

The comparison with Thierry also has a flaw in the logic…….our Frenchman was one of the best players in the history of the Premiership………Theo has never even been the best player in his own dreams.

Finally, I keep hearing that Theo has great pace on the wing……..how often have you seen him blast down the wing and made a good cross? Seriously?

He has cut in on a diagonal on occasion, à la Thierry, but usually he receives the ball, and immediately passes it back whence it came – usually backward, and when he has made a strong run it usually is into exactly the wrong area to receive the ball, and as for his crosses it is usually a case of hit it and hope.
    Admittedly he ‘scored’ an in off goal against Manure, but by his own admission, he said he could not see anyone [Arsenal?] in the box so he took a shot. Replays showed that, if that was a shot, it was going to hit the corner flag but only if the wind blew kindly.

And that is when he is not injured.

You can tell that I really rate Theo — playing for someone else. 🙂

OK, that was a little acerbic, but I simply cannot get my head around what so many (all) of you see in him.

I am now going to go sing Dixie — anyone got a Gibson to accompany me? 🙂

and he can’t tackle RA 🙂

10 years at the club and our longest serving player but as I have said before he’s a bit too nice (at least on the field) Overall not a loss if he goes to hubcap city.

Monreal and Le Coq replaced by Gibbs and Wilshere, otherwise as you were. Strange changes IMO

TEAM NEWS: Wilshere starts

Arsène Wenger has made two changes to the Arsenal side that drew 1-1 with Manchester United on Sunday.

Kieran Gibbs replaces Nacho Monreal at left back while Jack Wilshere makes his first start since November to start on the right of midfield, with Aaron Ramsey moving into a central role in favour of Francis Coquelin.

Elsewhere, Alexis Sanchez makes his 50th Arsenal appearance while Theo Walcott could make his 300th off the bench.

Full team: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Subs: Szczesny, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Flamini, Rosicky, Walcott

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

19. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Nice one Raddy,
    Many like myself have often said that a winning team should play the next game, and although i can see the merit in that, i have to ask myself why have a squad of players.

At the start of the season, many said that with the squad we now have, should be able to properly challenge for the league. How right many of those were. Finalists in the FA cup and looking to finish as high as second in the league, Granted a fair old way away from the eventual winners but second is still better than last season. Of course we still have to win the final and also win our remaining games . But its not all in our own hands as we need other teams to lose for that to happen.

Arsene Wenger has said that we have a deep squad of players, he has also said that the squad we have is full of talent for now and the future. Wengers words have often made me scratch my head as many the time i have watched my team play mediocre sides and struggle to get a result.

I have to remind many that we have not seen Diaby all season, nor have we seen Gnabry new signings Paul Easter and Debuchey also have only featured fleetingly. Young Chambers who was used to great effect while all our super world cup players were celebrating has also been shelved. Theo the wonderful winger, come Centre forward after bionic surgery that kept him out for over a season has yet to play a full ninety, his big moment of the season was a richoched shot . Rosiski Flamoni Arteta have had a good rest just in time to move on, Arsene where is this very strong squad you talk about.

Raddy asks should we have changes, bloody right we should have changes why have a squad if you don’t intend to use them. Czezesney had a smoke in the changing room and has been on the naughty steps since, Now looks to be leaving, of course i am not heart broken over that as i didn’t rate him in the first place, but the guy has been spending his vast wage weekly and apparently still smoking.

I have said on numerous occassions that if squad players are not good enough why bloody keep them its not as if were skint. We have Ospina not the greatest so why buy him in the first place, whats wrong with Martinez another spending his wage sitting on his arse.

Yes make the changes give us a look at the forgotten talent and show us how lucky we are to have a big squad.

Evening Lads
    At least Jack starts. I like that.
    Really looking forward to watching an evening game from The Ems

Loved the GB and RA comments on Theo

Read GB’s, and thought, yeah start Theo as striker Wenger, or you’re out.
    Then read RA’s, and thought, start Theo as striker Wenger, and you’re out

Quite like the idea of not playing with a dedicated DM tonight. It is only Sunderland after all

Mind you, I’d still rather rest Santi, have Jack and Aaron in the middle with Theo out wide

Well, that is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to see Walcott start.

Right. Time to find a feed and enjoy the game.

Anyone on the sofa?

I guess they will be rested at the weekend once we are guaranteed 3rd – otherwise why play our best players twice in 4 days?

I’m here, armed and ready, Raddy

You an Me against The World Micky.

Bring it on …..

Three Two One
    Let’s go over the top Big

Lovely evening there
    COYRRR

Fine work from Ospina just to get us in the mood

nice move

How many more times is the runner trying to get a return pass going to be illegally blocked before we get a penalty?

Ref needs a shoeing

33. fatgingergooner says:

We just seem to have lost 10% sharpness from a few weeks ago when we were killing teams, but that’s all it takes in Wengerball to look slow and sloppy.

We are still capable of having that 5 minute spell where we put games to bed. Hopefully we see that tonight.

34. fatgingergooner says:

We have a real issue with our wide men against teams that park the bus. They come too central and too deep. They need to stay wide and force their full backs wide to create space. Otherwise it becomes congested.

FGG. Agree, which is why Theo should be playing

36. fatgingergooner says:

Agreed BR.

Özil, Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey and Cazorla are all doing the same job. We could afford to put another striker on and get rid of one of them, maybe even a winger too.

Game going exactly as expected. There was no need to play Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla and Santi against a team who play 10 men within 20 yards of their goal.

We could be playing with 7 men and Sunderland would still park the bus.

loving Koscielny’s work. So composed.

I don’t think Sunderland are parking the bus especially. We just fiddle about a bit too much.
    Enjoying the game though.
    I’d remove Ollie. Put Sanchez in the middle and stick Theo left.

39. fatgingergooner says:

Both CB’s have been excellent BR. As has Bellerin.

Giroud, Cazorla and Sanchez need a rest before the cup final. Hope they can have one at the weekend. Our first touch has been very sloppy which is unlike us.

40. stevepalmer1 says:

Marquee Players, well i dont know. One thinks he is a one man team . the other a bottler with a duff left foot.

Painful for me to say this but we need a rightfooted player playing on the right. the whole team seem like leftfooters who only possess a right foot to pass to their left.

Definitely a left footed team. The only one who has any shot at all is Gibbs

Bloody hell this is a poor Sunderland side and we keep plugging down the middle what is that Wenger doing.

Not a bad idea to take off OG. None of our crosses are going anywhere near him.

Bring on Theo and Tomas before the 70th minute

Theo on the left cutting in onto his right may be our best bet for a good shot on goal 🙂

43. fatgingergooner says:

I think all our attacking players have the ability to score from distance, but it’s not our game.

There is a little bit of ‘just doing enough’ about this game.

And yet Steve most of the top continental sides play with a left footed wing forward on the right.

Top PM Raddy, I think we could do with a bit of extra pace in our play.

Might help me stay awake.

46. fatgingergooner says:

Although we have too many doing the same thing, I do like the idea of Cazorla playing the Coquelin role in these sorts of games. He has much better distribution (usually!).

Long distance shots, crosses, cutbacks, does any of that matter if there are 6 players inside the 18yd box?

This is more like it from Sunderland.

Really exciting now.

Great work from Ospina

FGG you’ve just seen why no CoqBlok is a problem. Too easy to break through to the defence.

50. fatgingergooner says:

I would argue cutbacks work GiE, but speed of play is usually key as it stops them packing the box in the first place.

Pretty sure opposition managers just say frustrate thrm until the fans start getting on their back and then they will over commit and we can get the counter.

Not often I agree with Stan Collymore but he spoke about St James crowd on the weekend and that the crowd had to bite their tongue when things started going against the team or when the team misfired.

52. fatgingergooner says:

I suppose it’s risk and reward with the Coq situation GiE. We know Wenger hates the draw!

looking good

54. fatgingergooner says:

Remember when we had Sagna putting in crosses!? 🙂

FGG just watch their back line I doubt they’ve been further than twenty yards away from their 18yard box all night, as soon as we have possession they drop to the 18 yard minimum

56. fatgingergooner says:

This is more like it! What a game.

This is great stuff.

58. fatgingergooner says:

GiE,

It’s the 2 HM’s that are the issue though. If you get behind them quick enough then we are onto their back 4.

You know the one thing we miss in games like this? Someone prepared to run at the opposition direct towards goal, that’s what we miss from Ox

60. fatgingergooner says:

Theo for Wilshere.

Get him in the positions Bellerin is getting in and we will score.

61. fatgingergooner says:

GiE,

Agreed. Someone who beats a man is vital. Opens up space for everyone else. Messi is so good because he dribbles through players. Hes then got space to pick passes or shoot.

62. fatgingergooner says:

GiE,

Not having Coq definitely makes it lively! 🙂

I know Sunderland are defending in numbers, but I don’t blame them. It’s still the most exciting game I’ve seen in a while
    COYG

Come on boys. 4 games without one of ours scoring?

Winner in the 91st minute, please 🙂

66. IanRealGunner says:

Absolute garbage – lazy, one-paced, one dimensional, no-one prepared to take a risk. passing rather than shooting or attacking

That was an exciting second half. Theo very lively.

Well played Sunderland

That’s 3rd nailed on.

69. fatgingergooner says:

Are some of our fans seriously booing? Hope that was aimed at Sunderland.

Guess Wenger should’ve said you win 18 out of 20 of these types of games!

Job done for the season. Top 3 secured.

Well done to Sunderland. Defended well and rode their luck, as did we. They actually deserved a point.

I actually think these results will make Wenger think about his transfers a bit more, which isn’t a bad thing. Need to get our swagger back before the final now.

I thought that was very exciting
    Yes I like goals more than anything, but hey ho

71. The Cockie Monster says:

Zero goals in last 3 Emirates games !…….Fortress Emirates !……more like fcuking Bus Depot !. 😆

Glad you`re all convinced we have 3rd place nailed ! hahaha

72. So Wenger only made one change in midfield and the unit looked tired.

We needed freshness and rotation yet we played our 3 most burnt out players, Cazorla, Alexis and Ozil and we couldn’t play our way through he defence of relegation fodder.

Big foul up by the manager in selection and one that gives Villa massive encouragement for the FA Cup.

Not looking forward to my trip to the game on Sunday.

73. stevepalmer1 says:

Another game of mixed feelings, judging by the comments some have found this game exciting while others like me has found it frustrating.

Build up play has been like Groundhog day and ends with us passing to them. Ozil was bad from the off, in my opinion, while others will sing his praises. Sanchez, if ever i have seen a more frustrated player he feels he cannot rely on any of his team mates and ends up holding too long, boy this guy needs a break.

Never thought i would say this but Walcott did make a difference when he came on. The frustration for me was why does he only produce runs like this once a season.

The talk will all be about Sunderland’s escape, and how well they held out. For me a big disappointment that the team at home and with most of the possession could not find a goal against a very poor team .

Again the best chance we had was another ricochet off of a Sunderland player . Arsenal will struggle against Villa. We cannot break down a bad team, and failed to score, not looking good for next season either.

I felt that Arsenal never learn, a plan in my eyes that does not seem to be working, must be changed. I felt that the Arsenal players was all out of idea’s, the bad corners that get 30 yrds and 3 feet off the ground when your big players are central explains every thing thats wrong with Arsenal.

Just listened to Arsene , where he said we were not really fresh, then why didn’t he put fresh players on surely we have enough fresh players, blimey most have not seen a football for absolutely months.

Again its times like this when i feel rotating players is self explanatory. This team was out of idea’s and out of energy

74. The Cockie Monster says:

I blame my mate….The Chef at The Pier House Hotel …….he`s been to the last 3 games all the way from Cornwall !………If I find out he`s got a ticket for Wembley, I will have to seriously think about having him exterminated …….fcuking jinx !. hahaha

It’s interesting that those of you at home saw the game quite differently to the majority at the game. The overall feeling was frustration and Sunderlands time wasting was appalling yet the ref did nothing about it.

76. fatgingergooner says:

Villa must be very excited about the FA Cup after losing 6-1!

I don’t see much of an issue with the way we played tonight. There is a massive difference between playing a Sunderland team mid season and playing one who knows they need a point for survival. It’s been a long campaign, we had a terrible start, yet we’ve finished third and have a chance to retain the FA Cup. Not bad really.

What’s more important is we’ve found a HM player in Coquelin and we are starting to find a balance between attack and defence.

The last 3 games we have struggled a bit, but after 18 wins in 20 games that is always going to happen at some point.

Santi looks shattered, he should have been rested. Unfortunately Ozil looks to be turning into the new Hleb, his passing was too negative

78. FGG – after losing 6-1 seeing the other FA Cup finalists fail to scores for 3 games in a row (and get 2 points out of 9) Villa will hardly be despondent at tonight’s result.

79. fatgingergooner says:

Yes Chary,

We are wank and Özil is the new Hleb.

Looking forward to the final.

Calm down fgg, no need for that, we usually agree to disagree graciously 🙂

81. FGG – our form is wank but I only said Ozil was burnt out not the new Hleb.

Still it’s up to you what you think.

82. fatgingergooner says:

Sorry Rasp 🙂

Maybe I just see these games as meaningless. To me, top 3 has been done for a while and the players have played as such. I expect the cup final to be much different.

83. fatgingergooner says:

My apologies Chary,

That was an outburst rather than a studied response.

I expect us to turn it on in the final as I believe we have eased off in the last few games. Why wouldn’t we? 18 wins from 20 is exhausting form. It had to drop off at some point.

I believe these results have no bearing on the final, just as last year when we were massive favourites and shocking for the first 15 minutes.

84. No worries FGG – I’m a bit of a doomer so I can understand if it looks like I’m moaning.

Right I’m off to find a cat to kick ! I think I’ve found one 😺

85. fatgingergooner says:

i hope it’s a Black Cat 😉

No worries FGG, you’re right, we can relax now that third place is in the bag:)

87. chas mobile says:

Excellent ranting, BR, and absolutely bang on the money. Shame that bus parking was again successful.

Two more to go. Ready for a break.

88. arnie says:

Very nice PM, Raddy. 🙂 Your prediction of an unimpressive draw was correct. 3rd place is progress, even if it is not a substantial upgrade.

Looking forward to the FAC Final.

What more is there to say?

89. JM says:

The WBA bus is arriving from Midlands this weekend.

Wonder whether this is a cunning plan, let’s make Villa think that we are off form so the come to Wembley and attack.

Listened to Stuart Pearce on TalkSport the other day and he was asked to judge each of the top 6 as over achieved/ under achieved/as expected.

We were in the over achieved camp.

Rasp I did notice the time wasting, the long injury breaks etc. think I’m just so use to it and Anthony Taylor? Forget it.

And I thought we were better second half. Since watching Ozil live at Wembley I refuse to judge him based on what I see on TV as he is very subtle.

Just checked stats, who created the most chances in the game? Ozil 7, followed by Jack and Alexis on 3.

What was most frustrating was the players listening to the fans, forcing shots from distance because the cows had moved back in going “shoooooooot” and loo and behold all that happened was it hit one of the men in front.

Part of me thinks we should have rotated more in these games but the other part says like Cockie they are playing one game a week (ok 2 this week) but in reality shouldn’t be struggling to play every game at this stage of the season.

The only shock last night was that Rasp turning up didn’t produce a late winner for Sunderland! 🙂

I thought rotating the holy trinity last night would have been a good thing. At least it might have freshened things up. Looking at the bench we only had Rosicky and Theo who could be classed as forward-looking players.
    Maybe Coq at right back, Bellerin in front of him, Walcott for Sanchez and Tomas for Ozil. Couldn’t have been less effective, could it.

Anyway, just putting a comment on so that I’m not accused of being ‘weak’. 🙂

It would be mighty hard to argue that Wenger was right in not starting Theo

If nothing else, one less No10 on the pitch at the same time

Exile

We are in Stuart Pearce’s “Over Achieved” camp are we? Pretty sure I’m right in thinking SP is a Gooner 🙂

94. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    It seems that the question this morning is does a game look different on television than it does watching live at the stadium,
    Well what a stupid question that is. Ok i wasn’t at the game i was watching round about 15 miles away so my opinion must be wrong.
    I watched every pass and watched every player of course from 15 miles away my view must have been hampered i must admit i never had anybody standing up in front of me, i never had coming and goings right through the game, and most of the time of course the television camera’s actually followed the ball, so if someone scratched their arse down one end off camera i probably would have missed it, But on camera or not i don’t need to have 20 20 vision to see Arsenal struggle to score against a side who defended all night but who in all sense and purpose could have won this game and that is what frustrated me.

Of course i can understand the supporter who attended when i hear that they were shouting shoot, why shouldn’t they from fifteen mile away i was screaming that as well, but of course Arsenal have to walk the ball into the net.

We have so i am told players with amazing talent we have a 42 million player who can thread a ball through a needle we have a 35 million player that can do all sorts of tricks probably do magic tricks as well, both of course couldn’t get a shot on target. In fact they played like 30 bob players. Yes you can count up the stats after a match, you can say he or they made so many executed passes, but at the end of the day there or fifteen miles away, we never scored and we never broke down a poor team.

Whether a side need only one point to stay in the division, or one point to qualify for CL doesn’t really answer the question of why we cannot score. Personally i couldn’t care about one point. I want my team to play exciting talented football i want to see the difference between a struggling side to a side who is battling for second, i expect a comprehensive display, after all how many 30 million players were in Sunderlands very poor team.

From fifteen miles away i saw arsenal give the ball away nearly every time we attacked i saw powder puff shots i saw supposedly top players playing Hollywood flicks when a straighforward pass was easier, i saw men out wide that was waiting for the ball but we have to play down the middle. Maybe from 15 miles away i couldnt see clearly maybe i never saw our defence split and Ospina rushing out to make game saving blocks maybe i missed all that after all fifteen miles is a long way away.

Imagine how I felt Steve
    Watching from 170 miles !!!!

96. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Micky. 🙂

I see a few pressing “questions of the day”

Cockie says the players don’t need rotation to keep fit/sharp, and that they’re just a bunch of lazy pampered poofs. Jose clearly agrees and has won the league without breaking sweat. Then why do our players look 10% short both mentally and physically?

Have we improved on last season?

We have Mesut, Santi, Jack, Aaron and even Sanchez would like to play centrally. Does that make Ox and Theo are most valuable players as they provide variation?

Phew, three posts written and it’s only 8:22

Now, 30 mins smut, then work. Where’s Eddie?

“CRYSTALS, RASP, COME OUT AND DOOOOOOOM” 🙂

Doom I will but at the so called supporters in the stands who appeared to arrive 15 minutes late, took 40 minutes break at half time and left 15 minutes early.

Only positive for me was third place confirmed and Bellerin sure knows how to cross a ball.

101. stevepalmer1 says:

When Theo understands that he is not a centre forward, and works most of the time down the flank, he could be another first pick player.

He surprised me last night, as he actually tried to take on players and did do a few little runs which showed that he too could make a difference

Of course The Ox is also an exciting prospect, running from deep with penetrating runs, not looking to pass back, and with an instinct to shoot. Ox has trouble getting shots on target, but with a few games under his belt could also make a vast difference.

Young Gnabry was a future prospect, direct and penetrating he looked exciting what ever happened to him. Belerin has me scratching my head since his run down the wing where he was outpaced and robbed of the ball has made him slightly nervous of trying again, i feel he has lost confidence . I have to say that right back does not seem to be his position and Debuchey seems ideal.

Paul Easter seems better equipped than Per Merts, i feel there should be a perminent change for next season Chambers started the season off with inteligent performances but has been relegated to the back benches strange one that.

I think it is obvious that Ramsey will not regain the form he had last season, he is an ok player but not really top drawer. Santi at the back not sure about that, too small and wasted there will not be to disappointed if he moved on.

Arteta Flamoni Diaby Rosiski Szezesney. They can go. Weington Silver .Campbel and Jenkinson back in.

New goalkeeper in and another cb in. Giroud moved on and new centre forward in, perhaps a left winger in.

I feel we need tuition for our attackers Arsene cannot sort this out so needs new attacking coach.

Arsenal need new idea’s in attack we need width and we need strikers who can take chances without first having to get the ball on their right foot..

I am doubting that Wenger can buy right footed players as last night seemed to be a left footed party which bombed Wenger needs help choosing new starters.

Would like to see Raddys percentages on the cup final as at present i see the balance against us

That must be my problem(?). The reason I enjoyed the game is because I am 1271 kms from the ground!!

103. The Cockie Monster says:

OK !…..which AAer was Mr Angry last night ?. 🙂

I`ve put the link up as there`s a poll at the end of it and I know Micky likes a poll !. hahaha…….I voted no on the assumption that we dont buy the players we need to take us up a level !…….we all know that we need some new players, 3 at least, but unless they are £40M+, then it`s a waste of time !. hahaha

104. arnie says:

what a rant, Steve. 🙂

motning all.

Micky, how is your hunt for holly going? 😛

Yeah but Cockie

We bought Mesut and didn’t get better as a team
    Then, Sanchez and still, no better as a team

We have the wrong set up/balance

Arnie
    New plan. Baited trap going out tonight. The little snake only operates under the cover of darkness

Wow Steve. It seems as though we are watching two entirely different teams!

If I had the time I would argue the case for every player you criticise.

As to bringing back Campbell and Wellington. ON what do you base your assumption that they are better than what we have. As to Jenks – yes, he is a decent PL player but no more whereas Bellerin is going to be the absolute nuts.

The FAC balance against us??? Look at the table. Look at the 2015 form. Who were 5 down at half-time on Saturday? etc etc.

Micky. Are you implying that we should buy cheaper players and change the manager?

Or more expensive players and change the manager?

109. arnie says:

OK, so what is the point of trying hard to maintain a winning record at home. Much more important to protect the winning record at Wembley! 😛

Wemberley, here we come! COYG. 🙂

Steve
    Before Theo got injured against Spurs last term, he was setting up other AND scoring on a regular basis.
    The fact that he’s useless at almost everything cannot disguise the reality that he is very effective

111. The Cockie Monster says:

Obvious then Micky !…..we need to spend £40M+ on a new manager who knows more about tactics and has a PCV licence so he can remove the parked bus`s from our depot !.

As for the bus sides, there are always moments when they pop out of the garage, but we’re too slow to exploit the gap

Morning all,

chas is right, it’s all my fault 😕 The best chance of the game fell to Sunderland – Denis only knows how he missed that open goal. I am going to ban myself from going to games in the future.

I thought our best 2 through balls came from cheeky little lobs by Jack. Ozil worked very hard, covered a lot of ground and continually showed for the ball, I just felt he went for the easy sideways pass a little too often when I’d have been happier if he’d taken a few more risks.

Theo looked sharp when he came on and so did Rosicky, all of a sudden we had more penetration.

Strangely, the player who most impressed me on the night was Mertesacker who was as solid as I’ve seen him and read the game brilliantly I thought.

…… anyone want to write a few lines for toady?

114. arnie says:

ha ha ha. it seems we are well into “Rant Friday” mode!

115. The Cockie Monster says:

Hey Micky !…….going back too yesterday…..I too have a pussy problem !…….next doors 2 black cats keep coming over and helping their selves to the free bunnies in our fields !….the problem is…I`m OK with it, because the little bastards ( the Bunnies ) dig holes every where and nibble my plants !, but the missus sees them as cute cuddly bastards and hates the cats !……so basically, the missus is the problem !….what shall I do about her ?. hahaha

It is said that Theo is not starting because there’s no space for him against the bus sides.

So wrong.

You will have even less time to exploit the smallest opportunity against these sides, and short bursts of lighteningly quick opportunism are the best chances you’ll get.

Rasp

So you are saying our most effective players were Rosicky, Jack and Theo.

The freshest.

Theo definitely gave us a different dimension when he came on. He ran at defenders rather than trying to pass around them. He doesn’t have the best close control or a locker full of tricks but he unsettles defenders and puts them on the back foot.

Yes Micky I am, but not necessarily just because they were the freshest, but their approach to the game is more direct.

Cockie
    Break up laurel leaves and put them in a large glass jar. Seal the Missis in the jar, but make sure it’s clear glass as you’ll need to keep an eye on the old trout. I find the cyanide kicks in after about four and a half minutes. Let the old girl out, and she’ll see you as life saver, behave, and do what she’s told.

121. stevepalmer1 says:

For those asking why i would bring in Silver and Campbel and of course Jenks. Silver has not been seen, he is a registered Arsenal player who has waited a few seasons for a visa which i understand he now has. Why not give this feller a try we need players who can score maybe he can if not down the road.

Campbel has never had a spell long enough to see if he is any good or not, we are buying kids who will train in our reserves not knowing if they will make it or not but we have Campbel he wont cost us anything and hasn’t been tried properly.

Jenks because h e can play anywhere, not a Marquee player i know but will try all day and give his all.

for those i say should move on is because they have been well tried and tested and they are old hat. simple as that.

Rasp
    Fresher AND better 🙂

Better in some circumstances and against certain opposition maybe 😀

Actually Rasp,
    I’m getting a bit sick of none of you Wengerites listening to me. Before Utd, I said rest Mesut, Santi and Sanchez, and start Mozart, Theo and Jack.
    Not one word of support from your sorts 🙂

125. The Cockie Monster says:

There seems to be a pattern here !…..so against these teams we need direct penetrating players, so that`s Alexis, Jack, Ox, Theo and Raheem !.

126. Ha ha kelsey

I’m not really here, on my way to Chelsea Flower Show

I really enjoyed the 2nd half yesterday, sitting in the North Bank with all the attacks coming in my direction, what’s not to like 🙂

I loved the Theo Rosicky show, Rosicky should have come on ten minutes earlier and maybe those two would have created a couple of goals.

I think Alexis, Cazorla and Ozil should have been rested 😦

127. The Cockie Monster says:

Good advise Micky………now if I can only remember here I buried her !.

Actually Micky, if you look back, I agreed with you 🙂 and also said that I would have started with Welby had he been fit. I think Welby one side and Theo the other would have given us genuine pace and width.

129. I agree with Rasp

Steve

“For those asking why i would bring in Silver and Campbel and of course Jenks”

You can count me out of the askers 🙂

131. The Cockie Monster says:

Ahh the Chav flower show !…..never been because of the name !, I`d prefer The Arsenal Flower Show !….obviously there`s no such thing as The Totnumb Flower Show…….flowers need some light !.

Cockie
    Metal detector, or did you remove the jewellery first?

133. For you Cockie I’ll cal it the Arsenal Flower Show, that’ll confuse people lol

134. Motning all, thought I’d add a bit more of my own dooming.

Our players couldn’t score in a women’s prison with a jet pack on….woeful lack of finishing.

Wenger out ! Big Randy out !

135. fatgingergooner says:

We’ve gone from the dogs testicles to utter garbage in 3 weeks!

Is it tiredness? Taking our foot off the gas knowing that top 4 is done? Looking forward to FA Cup? Playing games after everyone else each week? Tougher fixtures against sides who need results?

Probably a bit of all of those.

136. arnie says:

Chary. so, who’s IN then? surely not Micky, all he wants is “spend some fekin dosh”. Maybe, Kelsey IN. 🙂

strangely, I am developing a fondness for the Steve Palmer rants. Steve IN as well. 🙂

137. Yes, the Didit IN Arnie, I like the cut of his jib.

Also Eddie IN, she takes no prisoners.

138. arnie says:

No, FGG, we are giving up our efficiency in the Ems to adjust our game for continued success in Wemberley. 😛

139. arnie says:

Chary. 🙂

Steve, Rasps point about Mesut showing for the ball is why I say there is adifference between watching on TV and in ground, you see the whole pitch, and until hologram TV arrives (it will by the way) you will never get a true picture of a players impact sitting at home, you more than most as a former player at a good standard should know this.

When we played Reading I saw first hand how Ozil constantly moved into intelligent dangerous spaces off the ball for 90 minutes, but the ball doesn’t get to him quickly enough to exploit, so the opportunity is gone and he goes sideways, to keep the ball and try to engineer another angle rather than forcing it through an impossible gap. Eventually he drops deeper to get more of the ball but unless he has a run like Ssnchez against Reading has two options rotate possession, force a pass or try and hold it until he has a runner,he then invariably gets overpowered by two or three midfielders because he is no longer playing between the lines.

Ozil is the best player we have, yes better than Sanchez, but he is not a one man team.

Someone mentioned Messi earlier, how much easier is it for him to beat defenders because the opposition defence have to watch Neymar and Suarez too

In short exile is saying. Mesut needs much better players around him
    Never argue with an expert

142. stevepalmer1 says:

GIE, Your comment taken in mate, I have been to the Emirates and watched from all sides of the ground the best view i ever had was upper tier Middle. I felt i was watching at home. A qick glance to my left showed me a big screen for replays of the action, why have a tv screen when you see everything, even with my great viewpoint i still never saw all. Nobody does.

Mesut Ozil is not the player i had hoped for, in my opinion no mater how clever he is in picking out spaces, he is still a bottler. Personally he wouldn’t have lasted very long in any team i played for even though we were not that good, because he doesn’t have heart mate, he doesn’t get in the thick of it unless he is crowded in and then he slinks out.

I dont say the things i do to sound negative, i love Arsenal thats why i care so much, but bottlers and the like do no favour well in this league and no matter how much he costs he doesn;t enthrawl me.

I admire all those supporters who make the trips home and away, without them Arsenal would be a lesser force if that is the right word. People who probably love Arsenal more than me who will pay exhorbitant prices to watch mediocre games.

I am a man who likes value for money, i brought a big tele and subscribe to the channels basically to watch football specially the Arsenal. I sit here with the sound up with a big screen and a cool beer i swear rant and rage without offending anybody, After the games i cast my eye over the blogs i know what they are saying as they normally feel the same as me. I don’t have to travel home, trains busses coaches planes even if we lose the remote turns it off, if we win i want to see how happy fellow supporters are, now and again i may even be tempted to write something about it, even when i am not happy with the result, but the main thing is that i have all ways cared all ways supported and all ways will. I have seem more games of Arsenal than any man or woman could ever wish to see and although i don’t know much, and remember very little i always remember the anguish of when we lose.

Today unlike when i was a boy you can follow your team where ever you are, streams for when its not on tele i have a stream box in fact i very seldom miss a game and even if i do i can still watch it later, when people tell me its different live do they think i have been born between four walls and never experienced the sound of the crowd do they think i moan because i have not had many hours traveling to a game, so i can say later i was there, couldn’t give a shit about all that,

I am not a man to be seen carrying a plackard knocking my team in the street i also do not possess a black scarf, but i do voice my opinion when they play shit and can’t score, and whether anybody reads or listens is up to them. I am like every other foot fan i care.

143. Steve, that’s a well articulated and impassioned plea for frank.earnest support – top stuff.

You could well have the Rasper asking you for a headline post along those lines; I agree with Arnie, Steve IN !

On reflection I think it is impossible to read Wenger’s mind more and more these days.
    It is madness to select players who clearly need a rest and any combination of fully fit players should have won last night.

With regards to Ozil, I think he is brilliant, has vision second to none but is he really that committed to us ?

Crystals

That’s an interesting question about Mesut’s commitment. Something I have pondered, and concluded that only his wife/girlfriend could answer as perhaps only she will know whether “that weird look” is one of satisfaction or despondency

He’s hard to evaluate although he smiled to a team mate three weeks ago

It’s hard to judge commitment isn’t it.

Some would say it’s Coquelins performances, certainly he is committed on the pitch, but is he commuted to Arsenal? Or perhaps he is playing like that because he hopes PSG will come knocking, or the French national team?

Ozil? Maybe he plays like he does because that’s how he plays, ask a Spud who their favourite ever player was, many will say Ardilles and Glenda Hoddle, ask a QPR fan they talk of Marsh and Bowles. Unlike Germany and other countries none of their ilk make it in to our national side regularly because their commitment is questioned, and when British fans talk of commitment they basically mean prepared to get dirty and put their body on the line. Whereas all the best coaches of the top International sides ask is can they offer something different on the pitch can they give me a moment of brilliance.

I know people will say Maureen doesn’t stand for it look how he asks Hazard to work back, but very few comment on Cescs role and the changes Maureen made around him to allow him to be effective and free from the darker sides of the game, Mesut has to be the first name on the team sheet because of what he offers in vision, but you cannot afford two/three players like that, hence why Theo is not used regularly, why its Rambo out on the right, someone prepared to put in a shift alongside, and does more than the pretty stuffs same asSanchez.

For me Sanchezis given a free ride by many fans because of his tracking back, but he is as wasteful as anyone else in last few games.

Bloody hell. I used to out with this bird who I could never work out. I was only interested in having sex with her but sometimes she would only want to do it when she was in the mood? Unbelievable cheek.

Some weird geezer I knew said it was because she was a Libra and had to balance every thing out before doing it. Anyway, I left her. No way was I putting her feelings in front of mine. The cornerstone of any relationship is sex when I want it.

Then after reading the comments above about Ozil, I started wondering were I had seen this “When ime in the mood” look before so checked his birthday on wiki. Hes born on the same day as this bird 15/10 and come to think about even looks like her, accept hes got more attractive eyes and a nicer arse.

He probably goes on the pitch conflicted. A word of warning for any of you planning to have sex with Ozil, dont bother. He will only do it when he wants, meaning you will have to tell him you love him, take him shopping, and then do the weekend trips to Bath. By the end of it you will be striping naked in John Lewis and joining a Roman ruins admiration society.

148. arnie says:

Terry. 🙂

149. RC78 says:

Is anybody worried about the FA Cup final? We do not seem to be able to score recently and our midfield has been looking slow both offensively and defensively…

Question: Are OX, Wellbeck and Gnabry out for the season?

150. RC78 says:

News of the day: “Have Cech and give us Walcot or Ox”…- Chelsea

No way they get any of these two players…I would love to have Cech but I am not willing to let Walcott and even less Ox go to Chelsea…

151. stevepalmer1 says:

I can understand how you feel RC78 but would they be that much of a loss.
    I know that sounds callous but what have they given us over 2 seasons Walcott still hasn’t give us a full 90 while the Ox Has very rarely given us a full game. Both players take it in turns to have long spells out injured and lets face it mate we need a good keeper for every game.

Ask yourself the question, how many of the goals conceded this season may well of been saved, i am not saying that Cech would have stopped them, but would a top notch keeper have stopped a few.

I have to ask myself every day, what keeping Walcott Gnabry and The Ox really gives us, and i hear myself answering, well in the last couple of years bugger all.

I look at games like the last two, i see names that seem to be top players, i ask myself the question every game could we field better and if i am true to myself yes is the answer every time.

Afternoon all. Just to revisit my comment and RA’s comment from yesterday about Theo, I just want to make my position about him a little more clear. It probably seems as if I think he is the bees knees and that I champion him playing as a first 11 regular and being the answer to our problems.

Actually this is not how I feel about Theo. My thoughts are that he is (currently) a dangerous wide right player but who has had his time with us blighted by injuries. Is he really not good enough as many believe or could he prove to be an excellent player at the highest level given an injury free period and a regular run of games rather than bit parts?

The same goes for Theo as a potential striker. I am not saying he is the top class striker we need sitting right under noses but until we try it we will not know for sure. He needs a run of games in the position to find this out, as have the majority of top strikers historically before him. He may turn out to be pants and then we can say for sure he is not what we need.

All the citing of what he isn’t apparently as good at as being a reason to him not being able to play this role or that role is really just pure guesswork because we can’t be sure until he is given the regular opportunity to prove he either is or isn’t good enough.

There does seem to be more focus on what he is not so good at rather than what he is good at IMO. So he doesn’t want to get involved in some Greco-Roman wrestling with a 6’5″ hairy CD therefore we must play a player who will, despite that player not being able to do some of the things Theo does.

This not tracking back enough or going into hard challenges just sounds so English. Will having a team of players that all “get stuck in” help us to get on a level footing with Barca, Real, Bayern e.t.c?

I do recognise his deficiencies but also, like Micky, I always feel we look more dangerous when he is on the pitch. I am not championing him as our saviour, just championing giving him a proper go.

Steve, your comments more than any others have been interesting today.

Give Silver and Campbell a go because they haven’t had a chance but get rid of Gnabry, Ox and Walcott. All those 3 arguably haven’t had a chance.

Gnabry is really in the same bracket as Silver and Campbell in not having a chance yet. Walcott and AOC maybe more because of injuries. Get rid you say because they get injured. That would be fine if we could say for sure that the injuries are purely down to something being wrong with these players and we are absolving the club of all responsibility.

To be fair if AW has Theo behind both Ramsey and Welbeck as an attacking right sided player, and behind Giroud and Welbeck as a striker then there is no point him staying anyway IMO.

Having said that if Ramsey is our best right sided option and Ollie our best striker option then we need to recruit for both of these positions in the summer if we want to properly have a chance in the EPL or ECL next year.

Ramsey for me is good in enough for a first 11 position centrally in a EPL and ECL challenging team but not on the right.

As I often ask on Ollie, would Barca, Real, Bayern, Citeh, Chavs entertain entering next season with Giroud as their number 1 striker? I don’t think so.

I feel the same as TH14 that he is a very good option and has done well within his limitations and is worthy of a place at Arsenal but not as first choice striker. There is no spitefulness in that and certainly no shame on Ollies part. I always refer to Solskjaer as someone who can be invaluable in the squad, have a great career, with cult(ish) status but is not first choice.

I don’t understand why Ollie has got so miffed with TH14’s opinion that Arsenal need a top class striker if they want to win the EPL. He never directly put Ollie or his contribution down while saying this.

155. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening GB, Theo had a good five minutes last night i’ll give you that, exciting to watch and was also unlucky not to score, I feel the reason many are at odds with Theo is how often does he perform like that.

As you stated you see him as a dangerous wide right player, i know we don’t always agree but on this occasion we do. Theo actually see’s himself as a centre forward thats where he wants to play and thats where he nearly always ends up.

Last night while waiting to come on Theo had instructions on exactly what was expected of him, Theo of course wants first team games so would be daft to head for the middle as soon as he came on.

Now i dont know what was said but i assume by how the game was going that we were desperate for a wide player to come on and try and stretch their back line, Thats what i would have instructed Walcott to do.

As i said Theo had a good five minutes, but lets not forget Theo has been with us for about 9 years has he done enough in those 9 years to actually warrant a starting place. I say no but we are talking about opinions Yours and mine mean bugger all, its what the man in charge thinks that makes the decisions.

156. stevepalmer1 says:

On your question on the players i suggested leaving. I have to say again that its not my decision but when the manager does not play certain players i ask myself why not and at the end of the day if he doesn’t pick them well why have them.

Silver is an untried Arsenal registered player, we waited for a visa and now have one shouldn’t we see why we brought him in the first place or just out him. Campbel looked quite good to me but what do i know We have so many players who play the same position but why out him when we have old players ready to leave.

GB,

I agree with your 6:30. 🙂

I expect your agreement to my agreement sometime next week!

GB,

I DISagree with your 6:15. Altho it shows you as a decent bloke – unlike me.

To give someone ‘a go’ after 9 injury wrecked years just to confirm whether, or not, he is good enough at CF, implies a long run in the team in that position, and begs the question – how does AW justify all the games we lost and how our title hopes were buggered because he was being ‘fair’ should he prove conclusively he is NOT good enough?

How would Wenger survive the fury of the fans when another trophy-less year went by because of this experiment at CF?

I expect your disagreement with my disagreement – the week after next! 🙂

Or even within 20 minutes or so my agreeable rouge tinted derriere friend 🙂

Steve, I am actually all for having a look at Silver so there we agree. I also liked the look of Campbell as well, and as I have often said I would like a left footed goal-scoring attacking wide right player as an option in the squad then I feel he should get more chances, so there we agree also (we will have to stop all this agreeing, you, me, Redders, or the site will just descend in to a boring big agreeable love fest).

Campbell has pace and seems to have an eye for goal and I was impressed with his work rate as well the couple of times I saw him. Can he bring his obvious talent to a higher level or is he destined for a notch below this level?

In a fantasy world I would take Bale but also like the look of Yarmolenko who I was the first on this site to discover through my fastidious personal scouting across the globe; agreed Redders? 🙂

I think our main problem is in trying to accommodate too many CM’s who are all excellent individually and are then used in the wrong position just to try and get as many of them playing as possible. Maybe Campbell suffered for chances in the attacking right position as a result of this.

Just as I am typing my agreeable reply there you go getting all disagreeable RA 🙂

True enough statement, but I can’t help but think about the regular run Ollie got before coming good(ish). Sanogo has even had more chances and I haven’t seen anything there yet that excites me. Afobe was let go just as he was having his first injury free spell scoring for fun.

I find some of AW’s decisions strange and can’t work out why some get a multitude of chances to develop and some not. It seems slightly contradictory to me.

To take the 9 injury wrecked years into account I think we would have to be saying that his injury woes will continue for definite. Say he is coming out of this phase now then take into account his age. Could he become a prolific top level attacker over the next few years and do the prior 9 have any bearing on this?

For me it is a bit like saying 9 years without a trophy for AW so he will not produce the goods from this point.

162. RC78 says:

I can live with Walcott going for a good fee around 20-25 Mln although I will not be happy as he is a good player when fit…

However, OX is an absolute no-go for me…

In any case whether we lose anyone, I think we need to buy a winger and a striker that will add quality, assists, goals as well as reliability in terms of ability to play consistently and at a good level…

Buy Dzeko from City – he is available and wont cost too much
    Buy Pedro from Barcelona – he is also available…

Bender
    Ramsey Ox
    Pedro – Dzeko – Sanchez
    ———————————
    Walcott – Giroud – Wellbeck
    Wilshere Cazorla
    Coquelin

I think it s solid like that…

How many injury ravaged years did we suffer with BSR before he came good and then everyone got all uppity when he left? Thing is we now have the finances to keep them when they do have the stellar year, should we have to wait 9 years for them to get fit? It’s not like they were known for injuries before we signed them.

Most injuries we suffer start from impact injuries, which then cause other injuries like strains when they return, or recurrence when they suffer another impact and the injury hasn’t properly healed.

For the first time in recent memory, Arsene has been able to keep these players on the bench not rushing their comebacks.

Bus, Bus – ah, here we are, ‘Bus,how to beat the……..’

Darren has a reasonable amount of spare time on his hands 🙂

Bus, Bus – ah, here we are, ‘Bus,how to beat the……….’

Whoops
    Cock-up on the 7.04 front

Here’s some more of Darren’s work. 🙂

That Darren, he’s a right card.

When men were men and serious injuries something you just ran off.

Right, off to work and then to Lads and Dads camping for the weekend. Train from Newark on Sunday for the Baggies game.
    Have fun.

Chas
    Do the Vines have any special rituals for the last homer of the season? Extra anything, for example?

Ah, just in time to reply. Here is a photo from the end of season party 2011. 🙂
    No. nothing unusual.

Ta-ra.

Ok enjoy Lads ‘n Dads
    We’re away weekend also but not until end of school today
    I’ll give Sunday’s game a swerve. Fun last day if you’re there, but I’m guessing a non event footbally wise

GoonerB Good, @ &:52 and 7:56 p.m.

Very reasonably argued case and really not in and of itself arguable.

I hope that you are right in your contention, and that all goes well with Theo from now on, altho injury statistics seem to say that is a long shot — like with poor old Diaby.

You see, (I have repeated this so often that you will be bored by it), I do not have anything against Theo, and he does have a valuable set of skills when he can use them, (like he did when he came on during Wednesday’s match) – it’s just that after all the false dawns during the last few years, I just think it is time to draw a line in the sand and look at someone else.

AW seems, in some ways, to agree with that as he has hardly played Theo during 2015, but then he also says he wants to keep him and give him an improved contract. Odd. 🙂

180. arnie says:

motning all.

my tuppence. Theo had a good game. But he is still not using all the skills at his disposal. In fact, he is not using the most important of all.

Passing the feet firmly through the ball goalwards. You need to use this skill to get goals. Not sideways, not a cross, not a nifty pass, but a shot. Not from a distance, but shoot when you are in the box. No-one other than Giro, Alexis and Santi try to use this skill. Not Theo neither Welbz.

But who am I to blow against the wind? 😛

Is there any point writing a PM if all and sundry are already on the beach?

182. arnie says:

yes, Raddy, there is. Please, pretty please. 🙂

Morning arnie,

I would definitely find it amusing to watch you blowing against the wind. 🙂

People full of wind should definitely be blown against!

That does not include me, arnie, obviously, even if I am like the Windy City. 🙂

185. arnie says:

ha ha ha, Redders. 🙂 The windy city is one of my favourite places. 🙂 see,

arnie, you probably know Chicago better than me in that case, I used to visit there and Cincinnati, but only for brief stays to visit friends and distant family.

The wind off the lakes can take your breath away when it is really blowing, but all those who live there hardly seem to notice.

I did. 🙂

187. arnie says:

Redders, as you know we pend a bit of our time in the midwest, and that means plenty of travel to and through Chicago. Yes, very windy indeed, and yes I absolutely love it. Except in the middle of winter, when Michigan is preferable, it escapes the worst! 😛

A PM is that a Post Mortem 😉

By the way what ever happened to Sagna.What an idiot to move unless it was purely for money and the climate in Manchester.

Hi Kelsey,

Good to see you up and firing on all cylinders again. 🙂

Sagna has said that he ‘regrets nothing’ — yep that means he knew he was a busted flush and wanted to increase his pension.

We have had one or two like that at Arsenal over they years. 😉

arnie,

I presume your travelling is related to giving lectures etc — and if Tony Blair can earn £millions doing that, why not you! 🙂

Got to go, Guys, good talking to you. 🙂

“Post Mortem” 🙂
    Damn I like a doom

Hey Raddy
    One big request. Can we have the Cup Final PM the day before, so we have plenty of time to savour your work and enjoy the big game build up.

It’ll cost you

Oh come on
    Here’s a deal. Skip the WBA PM, and focus on the final.
    Trouble is, if it goes up on the day itself, anyone who has a life has left home by 10am’ish 🙂

speak for yourself 😉

Afternoon fellow reprobates. Micky I am leaving home at 8.00pm the previous evening. I am just that hardcore you know.

RA, back to the normal 6 hour time delay reply 🙂

I actually don’t disagree with any of your observations about Walcott. For me I am just not fully sure one way or t’other. it could well be that those that are a bit non-plussed about him turn out to be spot on in their feelings. We move him on and he continues to flatter to deceive elsewhere, and doesn’t have 3 injury free seasons during which he scores 2 hat-tricks against his former employers.

Anyone gracing the FFB on Sunday? Yours truly should be there. I do owe that deviant Mncini a large Brandy come to think of it. He only goes for the good stuff.

Don’t tell him but I always carry a small flask of Peruvian mountain Brandy around with me. A quick pour of that stuff into a glass under my jacket and then head back to the table.

“there you are sir Terrance, a double Remy Martin as requested”.

“Mmm interesting bouquet GoonerB”

“Yes” he says smiling while silently thinking “that’s what refined Peruvian bat shit tastes like”

198. Hi GoonerB, I don’t know what the FFB is but I’ll be at the game on Sunday.

Is it a seedy drinking hole of some sort ?

You’ve got it in one Charry. Generally it becomes all the more seedy once the faithful on here turn up. If you turn left from Finsbury Park station heading up the Stroud Green Road going under the bridges and go past the Worlds End pub but on the other side of the road, and take the next right down Ennis Road. It is at the end where it meets Perth Road.

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it on here yet but there seem to be a lot of Vidal to Arsenal rumours circulating.

GB @ 2:33

That’s our Terry!

😀

202. The Cockie Monster says:

Chassie baby !…………..A Gooner in deepest darkest Cornwall…..Pendeen….Inbredville….showed me a photo of a Spud shirt and it was sponsored by Pampers…..piss up front and shit at the back !, but I cant find it in anywhere….do the biz, chas !.

203. I might just slide up there on Sunday if Peachy/Rasp are not up for pre match drinkies GoonerB..

Morning chary, we are also big fans of the FFB and hope to be there on Sunday 🙂

205. Cool, I’ll see you there tomorrow, by 1.30 trains permitting.

There’ll be no end of season fancy dress for me though, unlike the Ant ‘n Dec show.

The only costume I have is of a Star Wars storm trooper which won’t do.

206. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening, One in Nuts to fill in before another Raddy PM should you be interested.

207. The Cockie Monster says:

This video reminds me of the time I went to a night club with Transplant !…..he enters the dance floor Travolta strutting and his hypnotic medallion glistening the ceiling whilst he brushes his purple crushed velvet suit beckoning the most gorgeous woman in the room to dance with him !……..she declines and is more impressed with my straight to the point…….” You, me, outside, shag ! “. hahaha

208. arnie says:

Jackson Martinez, eh? upgrade on Giro? 😛

209. arnie says:

I am so terribly bored already. how am I going to survive the entire silly season? 😦

why cant we have a World Cup every year? Qatar, Iraq or the North Pole, I do not care. 😛

210. arnie says:

Nevertheless, good drama in the play-offs. 🙂

211. arnie says:

212. arnie says:

213. hello girls

it’s 1 am in the morning here and the bb that started at midday has just finished… so I thought it would be good to post this… every man over 50 must have lusted after Nicole?

214. I’m still here…. a bit drunk but still standing. Here is my favorite bar in Avignon.. with music 🙂

215. smut chas…… where’s the smut ?

Smut Boy is Glamping with his homeys.

Didit is Glamping with his family and a feral cat.

The morning crew are sadly depleted

There is a new post

(he wrote as tumbleweed rolled through the empty streets of AA)