Ramsey or Walcott? A First World Problem

Some days I find no inspiration for the pre-match, today is one. I usually find something to hang the post on – our form, the oppositions form (or lack of it), their manager and his tactics, their town, sometimes a tale from my past AFC history but today ….. nothing.

I have already expressed my dislike of Steve Bruce and his tactics many times, I have written about how awful the town at the end of the Humber Bridge is, I have described our wonderful form and the players who have propelled us forward over the past few months – what is left?

Would you like to know what they eat in Hull? My guess is a healthy dose of fish and chips.

Tactics? A team fighting relegation will battle, Expect a physical confrontation and some long ball from Hull. Pacy clever stuff from our boys.

Form? You know ours; Hull have won their last two including beating Liverpool

Stats? We have yet to lose to a bottom half team and have drawn only twice.

Key player? N’Doye is a fine if “mature” centre forward. I watched him when he played up the road for FC København where he looked a fine player and was always top scorer. Fast, skilful and good at finding space. Good feet for a Big Man.

Our Team:

Same as the last few games

Why change a winning team?

Some, make that many, people are unhappy with Ramsey playing wide right – I disagree. If your concerns are his lack of pace I would counter by pointing out that Bellerin is our fastest player and Ramsey’s tendency to drift infield allows Bellerin to use the space created. Also Ramsey gives more defensive cover.

On the other hand, Theo offers something extra against a team who are unlikely to spend much time attacking. He will not be needed at the back, particularly since Coquelin has made us far more secure, and is a much better finisher than Ramsey. Mr Wenger rarely tweaks his teams and Theo is getting some wonderful experience of bench warming – will he think twice before signing a new contract knowing that he is no longer guaranteed a first team place?  Both players are International stars and whomever plays will give their all to prove themselves worthy of the shirt.

Injuries. Just the long-termers. Debuchy crocked again.

Last two games against Hull? 2-2 at home (controversial Hull goal and a last minute equaliser from Welbz) and the FAC Final win

Ref: Lee Mason. Not the best.

This will be a difficult fixture as Hull battle to remain in the PL, a battle I am sure they will win as other teams have worse run-ins. Beating Liverpool was huge for Hull and a similar result tonight is not beyond the realms of possibility  – but I think we must be favourites.

I am 56% confident.

COYRRG

174 Responses to Ramsey or Walcott? A First World Problem

1. John Gee says:

Only 56% confident !! That is really negative. Just look at what the bookmakers think. They make Arsenal a great deal shorter and they are rarely wrong.

John Gee is right – 56% is a poor poor prediction 🙂 Spoilt the great post!

Oi, It is my prediction and I stick to it.

chas was 55% confident and he is rarely negative. Anyone thinking this will be an easy win is likely to be disappointed

a pessimist never gets disappointed 🙂

Since you didn’t bother to tell us anything about Hull’s players I had to check it myself and burst out laughing at their names – Michels and little Minichiello, Paea and little Paleaaesina 🙂 no team with names like that cannot be take seriously

Therefore I am 71% possitive

5. ‘morning all,

You missed trick there BR, To Hull and Back. To slightly re-write the title of the 1955 Audie Murphy film.

I’ve only ever been to Kingston-upon-Hull once, a very brief, and unsuccessful, business trip long before the Humber Bridge was built. I didn’t see anything to make me want to linger longer.

This could be a tough game, Liverpool Kopped it recently and Hull have a point to prove.

Ramsey or Walcott wide right? It’s a no brainer, Walcott!

If Ramsey drifts inside anyway, what’s the point of putting him out there in the first place?

I ‘m backing Ollie to get a few goals today, just to shut that French pundit’s mouth, you know the one, Thierry something, the bloke on Sky who’s paid a fortune to spout drivel just like the rest of them.

Confident? 63.275%

my dog chilling out before the game

Eddie. That is a surprise …. you have a proper dog and a fine looking animal it is! I thought you only had those ugly handbag dogs

on your bike Big! I have no handbag dogs – alsation, staffie and pug cross rottwailer

Eddie
    I think your dogs may be thirsty

micky – I don’t think so, she has been dead for 12 years 🙂

Raddy B

I think Ramsey is a bit wasted on the right, that’s all. I would like to see Theo start and play two full back to back games.

I agree that it will be tough game. Really looking forward to see the lads play again, it really does seem an eternity between games at the moment.

I feel a pre match lamb shish on the cards

Sorry Eddie
    Were thirsty 🙂

Right, outside

14. Rhyle says:

Good read, Raddy. Agree that tonight may well be one for Theo on the right. HCFC are a bit shaky down the sides, and his runs are always useful for stretching a back four and creating space for runners. Typically, last season, that would have been Ramsey!

Hopefully Hulls result against LFC would have been warning enough that we need to be up for the game tonight, so not overly concerned. Surprised that they are where they are in the league – thought they’d done some solid business in the summer, was expecting them to finish comfortably in mid table. You know…Spurs territory (they’ve got enough of their players after all).

Enjoy the game tonight, peeps. I’m off to watch jousting, drink ciders and run from dinosaurs.

15. Rhyle says:

Oh…and confidence? 81%

Well I was wondering how all this 56% or 51% confidence lark started and I suddenly remembered it was the Hippy Delight.

If you were a female, feminine woman, I bet the first thing you would tell the Mrs/Mr ‘Oh, honey, I am 56% pregnant!’ 🙂

Personally I do not like it when fans – fickle or otherwise – nail their flag to the mast because if we win, it’s because it was ‘I told you so – easy peasy” – bit if we lose – it was Wenger’s fault for playing Walcott [It was] or he has the wrong tactics – blah dee blah.

No, on reflection, I would go with you being 56% pregnant. 🙂

Excellent Post.

17. I see your sitting on the fence again RA.

RA. I am guilty of “nailing my flag to the mast” but have never gloated when being right nor set blame when we lose.

I take the Kipling view …

“If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same; ”

It’s the game and not the winning, though I do enjoy the banter when we lose.

On second thoughts …. Mrs Raddy would definitely disagree with my statement. She would question why I cannot be spoken to after a loss and why I am in a bad mood for a few days 🙂

19. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon all. Struggle Eh Raddy you sound like i feel mate.

After the lord mayor’s show, of Britain’s Favourite’s, Chelsea securing the Premier league cup, we come to Arsenal the forgotten club.

Maybe i am a bit sore, as i watched a Chelsea Display yesterday where pundits and commentators alike, swooned over the Boring Chelsea.

Unsurprisingly they never agree’d with me that Hazard dived, The Referee had his whistle blowing before Hazard hit the ground, and the pointing to the spot was probably the only way boring Chelsea were going to score. John Terry’s blatant Handball was not deemed a penalty and Chelsea win the League.

On the other hand we have moved from second to fourth and as our game wasn’t till today we were not to apply any pressure on the Champions in fact the reverse has happened should we lose today we stay fourth who works out these fixtures.

Of course we still have the FA cup which i feel we should win but the officials will have a part to play in who plays in that game, we could of course miss a few players out as the same type of officials that did Chelsea will probably do our remaining games and if i speak the truth anything could happen.

Todays game away will be a test, as pundits and commentators will be hell bent supporting Hull, No matter how well we play we will of course be lucky, Chelsea have been handed their trophy, we of course still have a bit of work to do.

Oh congratulations Chelsea, you would never been able to do it without the officials.

Hi all.

56% is not a bad assumption Raddy as we have won 53% of our away games and drawn 18% so your estimate is right in the ballpark. However when you look at our five away defeats they are all against teams in the top 10 – Chav’s, Spurs, Saints, Potters and the Swans.

If we get at least a draw today it will become the official –
    2015 St. Totteringham’s day.

Team news: Who is fit for the Hull game?

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Monday’s game against Hull City:

on the latest news…
    We have a full squad available, the only one who is really a doubt is Mathieu Debuchy. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is not completely ready, nor Diaby, but they both practice in full training sessions now. We have no major injuries apart from Debuchy.

on Debuchy…
    He has a little hamstring problem. Monday could be too early for him. He got the injury in training.

on the rest of the squad being fit…
    We are at a period of the season where it’s going to be important to have everybody on board and to see everyone fit makes us stronger. We are on a good run, we want to keep it going and the fact that we have plenty of [selection] opportunities is very interesting for me.

on Arteta’s availability…
    He makes progress week by week, but he needs more time.

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

This is a snippet from an Independent article, and mirrors my own views in terms of knowing how Wenger thinks.

All the pundits believe that the ‘top 3’ [other than Arsena] will be reinforcing their squads this summer, and that seems to go quite a way down the league too.

So, the Chavs who are 16 points ahead, having already won the league, are going to add other top players, but Arsenal who are hoping to make second place don’t think it is necessary to do so, because our squad is good enough.

We always seem to hear that from AW.

—- “The summer will be important at the Emirates as Wenger builds his team for next season, but any fans hoping for wholesale changes may be disappointed.

“We are not in the need of absolute change,” Wenger said. “We have a strong squad, we have some strong young players behind. It is difficult to say at the moment. We are not close to signing anybody. We have a very big squad, so we need to lose some players as well.”

Wenger is often predisposed to trusting his existing players rather than seeking to upgrade them, but he suggested in the winter that he felt differently. He says now that 2015’s burst in form has prompted “massive changes” [not in personnel] but in how he assessed his [current] squad, the implication being that players have proved him wrong and will now not need to be replaced.”

Ho Hum. To me that smacks of fighting for a top 4 place in the Premiership, again, rather than contending for the title, because Manure, Chelsea, City, Pool and the Spuds will all be adding to their squads.

But I’m used to it – and Stan will be pleased. 🙂

So, I suppose it is too much to expect Podolski, Arteta, Flamini, Jenkinson, Sanogo, Diaby, Campbell, Wellington, Walcott, Ryo to be released/sold?

That is practically a whole team, and while they have all been injured or on loan in 2015, that has been the best spell in the league for the team, and so clearly none of them has been missed.

Cheers, BR.
    I understand your lack of inspiration for this fixture.
    I dislike it when we are playing on Sunday at 4pm. Waiting around the whole weekend for flippin football. Monday bloody nights are awful. Luckily we haven’t had that many, though giving us two on the bounce is just cruel.

The tickets are £50 and although the KC is a decent little stadium, Ant and me were put off by the Monday night re-arrangement. So, luckily for
    you all, there will be no Ant ‘n Duck show today.

The Club set the application criteria for the fixture at 25+ away points (meaning you would have had to attended 25 or over away games in the last three seasons). If it had been on a Saturday, I think they’d have got it about right. As it turned out the Monday evening at the end of a bank holiday was a bridge too far for many and it ended up selling out to Platinum, Gold & current Travel Club members i.e. no away points were needed to get a ticket.

Let’s hope the team are fired up after a relaxing weekend and ready to celebrate St Totteringham’s in style. 🙂

Native, Spanish or hybrid?

Mmmm, I’m leaning towards hybrid. Bottom left look native being slightly darker, more delicate and with petals curling back at the tips, but, the stem does appear to have flowers sprouting on all sides and some flowers look a little pale. My guess is that if it appeared in a surburban garden then not native.

Amazingly, our old house was about five miles as the crow flies, and only natives around, while here where we are only a mile from a village there are the Spanish ones everywhere

Damn – no Ant & Duck show

RA. 3.25 How much of the comment is yours? 4th?? We could easily finish 2nd and had the season started when we began to have a fit squad we could well be champions.

Chavs need a back-up striker for Costa and a Terry replacement. MC need defenders – a RB, LB, CB plus better midfielders to assist Silva. L’pool need at least 6 new men to challenge and Spurs at least 22.

AW will be making signings, just not direct replacements for those he will sell.

I expect one or two shiny, big money new players

chas. I would say …. dead

Raddy

If he doesn’t buy one very very expensive forward, I’m Wenger Outing 🙂

Thing is, we have played some top sides when at damn near full strength and not won. One more mega expensive player could make all the difference.

Don’t need defenders either. Goals win games. Don’t they Crystals 🙂

Just a thought

Read how the government are considering dishing out vitamin pills for children because so many are developing rickets as they sit indoors all day on their playstations. One symptom is bow legs.

Does Jack Wilshere spend much time indoors?

Perhaps he could get a leg straightening op. and possibly gain as much as two inches in height. Could then make a top notch dm

Would Draxler do it for you or do you want more expensive?

Ummm, I know his name is mentioned a lot as being good, but I don’t know.

How much does he cost? 🙂

Thing is, some big name players are all good while they’re mincing about at a club like Madrid, and I’m thinking of DiMaria, however, come over to blightly and it’s all a bit rough and tough for the poor darlings.

So that rules out the thin, sinewy and spindly types

* where the hell is Blightly?

Raddy,

The Independent article – or part of it – starts and ends with the obligatory inverted commas/quotation marks, ” ” .

The article clearly refers to team building [or not] in the summer, and Wenger’s contention that there is no need to buy anyone unless an existing players is sold. I mentioned 10 possibilities who could be sold without causing too many ripples.

The fight for fourth place I mentioned therefore clearly refers to post-Summer transfer activity, and ipso facto next season’s ‘fight for fourth’.

Do keep up Hippy. 🙂

Key questions:

How much does a player cost
    How tall, and How much do they weigh (power to weight ratio?
    How fast
    IQ score
    How many goals did they score
    Do they have stupid hair

Be gentle RA, the poor man is between equinox and those are spiritually turbulent times

Duck,

I am very disappointed that the Ant ‘n Duck Show will not go on.

It is always a delight to read the escapades of the pair of you, especially the beer count of Ant, the handsome one, and a pall has now descended upon my day – maybe it is the increasing cloud cover – at least until the game commences. 🙂

Ooops, school pick up duty
    Back shortly

I do not know how you put up with him, Micky.

You would have imagined after spending so much time reading the book on punctuation, ‘Eats Shits and Leaves’ he would have a modicum of comprehension regarding the finer points of commas and quotation marks. 😀

He is as bad as Norfolkian.

43. Micky should the IQ be high or low? I believe there are some footballers with an IQ greater than their age. Strange but true! 😀

44. WHAT!!! ,\: – “/~#>|*^

45. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Biggy Big!.

It`s been well documented how much I hate the Spuds !….even to the extent that some people thought that I hated them more than I loved The Arsenal !……must admit, it was a close run with Arsenal just edging ahead !. hahaha
    I hate every thing about them, apart from the players who left them to join us !…………..with the exception of one player !….Jimmy Greaves !….this bastard had a record of ( including England ) scoring 466 goals in 659 games in his career, not bad !.
    Today I read that he suffered a severe stroke and although I cant wait for the celebrations of St Totteringhams Day……..I hope he recovers well and gets his undeniable charm and wit back !.

Tottenham are forever in Arsenal’s shadow, that’s the boast we hear most often from the Islington faithful but you don’t need to just believe me: let’s hear what their former favourite and scoring legend Jimmy Greaves has got to say.

In 1994 when George Graham’s Arsenal clinched the Cup Winners Cup in Copenhagen. Greavsie was complimentary, saying:

“I’m not going to win many friends at Spurs by saying Arsenal are my idea of a football club. In many ways the perfect club.”

He went on:

“Many of the principles that have been the hallmark of successful football through the years were refined at Arsenal. It pains me to say it but Bill Nicholson borrowed freely from his rivals when he was putting together his great Spurs side.”

If that wasn’t enough, in 1998 after Arsenal won the first of Arsène Wenger’s Doubles, Jimmy had this to say:

“Arsenal have class. I remember when I was at Spurs, the Arsenal players would arrive for matches in their navy blazers with the gold gun emblem sewn into their pockets and grey slacks. We couldn’t match their ground with that beautiful main entrance, marble halls and spiral staircase. Even in 1961 when we won the Double, we were never as big a club as Arsenal.”

In 2007 he was again considering Tottenham’s poor form at the time and he said:

“In the early 1960s, Spurs had a great manager and a great team. But they have never been a great club. Even when we had Bill Nicholson as manager and the likes of Dave Mackay, Cliff Jones, Danny Blanchflower and myself, Spurs still lived in the shadow of Arsenal.”

So there you have it Tottenham fans. Don’t bother with the shades because whatever happens you’ll be forever in our shadow. Greavsie knew it and, deep down, so do you.

Cockie. Greaves was one of my first heroes. Marvellous player and a man who smoked a couple of cigars at half-time.

He is a down to earth funny man. I wish him a speedy recovery so he can attend his day at the Shithole on May 13th

Norfolk,

You can’t fool me — when you type “,\: – and follow up with /~#> it is obvious to me that you are a trouser leg half-mast, hopping round the May-pole type of guy, and the clincher is the undeniably insouciant, throw away use of |*^.

Phfft – think I would not see right through you — Hippy, Hoppy Raddy and his book are your mirror image – no doubting it – no brainer. 🙂

Nice one Cornwall. For some reason Greaves is the only Totnumb player I dont hate. Probably because during that saint & greavsie era he looked like the kind of geezer who could send 100 messages on an online dating site and get no replies. I like people like that.

Class Raddy. Its the first time in a while I get the feeling the opposition have more to play for than us.

This makes the game dangerous, Hull are not bad for a shit team

They play some really shit football quite well so it will be an interesting match. Unlike the town of Hull itself, which is a breeding ground for people whos passport photos test ones sensibilities.

Chas @ 3:50,

I think those bluebells are far too robust for your average delicate English bluebell – look at the stem and the number and length of the flowers – and the give-away is the smell of garlic which makes them definitely Espaniosa. 🙂

Have I offended you, Raddy?

I do my rather inadequate best to keep comments going on the blogs, when I get some time – but replying to your questions to me and experiencing a ‘null return’ makes me wonder why I bother – perhaps I will not.

Hull the team are about as exciting as Hull the town.

Not quite true LB. They have some really interesting cross eyed people up there

RA. Easy, my good man. You know your input is highly valued on AA.

As to your earlier comment I assumed the final para was yours and commented accordingly. The questioning was apophasis 🙂

Terry. True and they stink of fish

55. Rhyle says:

Team news is up…NO Theo. Not sure if he’s on the bench…

micky – school on a Bank Holiday Monday??

Did any of you listened to Stuart Pearson on TalkShite radio? He could not be more complimentary about our Club, it was sheer joy to listen

TEAM NEWS: Arsenal unchanged for Hull

Arsène Wenger has named an unchanged side for Monday night’s clash at KC Stadium.

Per Mertesacker continues to lead out Arsenal in Mikel Arteta’s absence, while Aaron Ramsey retains his place on the right side of midfield.

Elsewhere, Laurent Koscielny makes his 200th appearance for the Gunners while Gabriel and Tomas Rosicky come into the squad to replace the injured Mathieu Debuchy and Danny Welbeck.

Full team: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Flamini, Wilshere, Rosicky, Walcott

That’s 7 first team players on the bench – simply incredible!!

Stuart Pearce, soz

He thinks Arsenal had an absolutely amazing season, finishing 2nd and retaining the FA cup 🙂 Do we have to play in the final?

RA – we should talk to each other because I’m also in the “to be ignored” category!

Who wrote that?

Thanks for team news GN5.

I really hope we can score early. Don’t Hull have an owner trying to change their name to Tigers or am I thinking of another side/sport?

Raddy
    I can’t see Eddie, GN5, RA, Transplant or Rhyle. Guess it’s just us 🙂

Here I am Micky……….I’m also doing my daily Sudoku.

65. ……. and me, I’m here, shift up

Wow, cosy on the sofa tonight

Square of dark chocolate and orange anyone?

Hope we won’t need to hide behind LB’s sofa – there seems to be a few of us and Didit still has his winter pelt

I cooked a tagliatelle with peas, pancetta and TT sauce for dinner tonight. It was surprisingly tasty

Skin up Raddy 🙂

70. Ramsey still hanging out on the right I see and no Danny Welbeck to come on later. Is Theo on the bench?

With pasta!!! Dear God 🙄

Come on you Gunnnnnners

I know Micky. Try it- it works! The pancetta gives a salty kick to the sweet sauce.

Welbz has knee-knack and is out for Swansea as well

74. I made my super dooper meatballs with teeny tiny new potatoes and a rather fab salad. Glass of red already demolished. Rhubarb crumble in the oven.

oh god…it’s an eight ko isn’t it

Bloody love rhubarb

77. Me too Micky although I’m not impressed with how much sweetening it needs, any tips?

Bet GN5 had a full on roast 🙂

I off to set the game up on the big screen……….

I am not a rhubarb lover, but my wife is.

I like a bit of zing to me rhubarb

I reckon we have to score early and then every ten minutes thereafter.

It’s only 2:53 pm Micky – Haddock and my spicy chips for dinner at 6:30pm.

Wish I had eaten at Peaches.

Mmmm. spicy chips. What is the recipe, GN5?

Sorry Peaches
    Let the quality custard do the sweet balancing

Right. Kick Off. Again 🙂

I didn’t see Chas arrive, but if he did, I bloody hope he behaves and doesn’t leave crisps everywhere on the sofa

87. Rhyle says:

“it’s happened again…it’s happened agaaaaaiiiiin…Tottenham Hotspur…it’s happened again…”.

Got to love away gooners.

Raddy,

Wedged Russet potatoes, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled on top with a mixture of Parmesan cheese, diced garlic and Chilli powder then bake at 375 for around an hour, turn them over at 40 minutes and sprinkle on some more of the mixture.

The proportions of the mixture are to your personal taste.

Not watching yet will catch up by halftime.

How many pain killers do you think you need to take before kidney gives up?

Started well. Need to get something on target

How did Huddlestone escape a booking for that assault on Ramsey?. Spurs miscreant

Alexis is so good he can use Dawson’s head to confuse the keeper !

Get in !!!!!

Now Ramsey knocks one in off some muppets foot after a wonderful pass from Santi.

Pure genius

Wow
    What a half

95. Rhyle says:

First half observations:

1. Best 45 of the season from us? Arguably.
    2. Alexis, Ozil, Ramsey have properly clicked.
    3. Giroud doing a lot of great work to make space for these runners…what I talked about Walcott doing for us today, he’s done very well.

4. Tom Huddlestone is an OAF.

Beautiful goal.

Ramsey having a superb game – the pass to Alexis tip top

Lovely jubbly. I’m Watching in the Blind Pig in New York. Lots of Gunners – good atmosphere.

Nice to feel relaxed about a game at HT.

Our midfield in total control. Santi, Ramsey and Ozil benefit from the fine work done by Coq.

Excellent half from everyone

100. It was horrible to see the tackle on Ramsey with his old horrible broken ankle history. I think it was quite frightening for him as well, maybe…
    Anyway, this first half is just so… Easy?

My perfect evening would have been dinner with Peaches then out to the Blind Pig for a few sherbets with Rocky.

Instead I am on the sofa….

One of my favourite moments was the smile on Mesut’s face after a great move. Ok it came to nothing, but it showed how much they enjoy playing great football

Frank Cockleton and Whizzbang Saunders 🙂

I’m enjoying the swagger we are playing with.

More of the same in the second half please. Theo on for Aaron on 70. Jack for Santi or Ozil at the same time.

Rhyle makes a good point about OG. He is getting a battering but not whingeing and making space for the runners.

2 more goals and we are better than Shitty on GD

Mr Big Mouth – what is your prediction now 🙂 Still sticking to 56% 🙂

Am I being called a Big Mouth by someone who owns purple DM’s?

I will have to ask you to step outside for a good talking to followed by some zen meditation .

56% is a win.

110. Rhyle says:

Nothing wrong with purple DMs.

Y’know…if you’re a 15 year old, female art student. 😀

not a convincing win though, is it? Not exactly 5 nil

Chas had actually seen me wearing my DMs, he said they looked great on me

Fucking Mason……how is that not a foul? Joke!

And chas is a style expert? 🙂

Oh come on Arsenal. Stop mucking about.

as soon as the commentator said ‘Arsenal are very capable of scoring 2 or more’ I thought ‘they are also more than capable of conceding 2 or more’

And here comes Jack running straight into a potential injury situation. will he ever learn??

115. Coqs gliding tackles is sometimes just fantastic!

Happy St Totts everyone 😀

Scandinavia is happy

Happy St Totts Day

Nice way to round off a bank holiday weekend

Can we play twice in a weekend occasionally. We’ve got the players 🙂

Eeee – Mondays aren’t so bad.
    Happy St Totts.

Nice paraphernalia!

120. Don’t forget to refresh the page and admire Rasp’s new banner 🙂

Raddy
    That’s because, as usual, they’re all naked in a sauna together 🙄

BR
    I know sod all about ceremonial robes and druid hoods like you, so no. 🙂

Now THAT is a superb banner
    Thanks Rasp

124. Happy St Totteringham’s all

If we lose all our remaining games and Liverpool win all theirs and we drop a 22 goal difference we will be denied a CL place

says worried of walthamstow

Superb work from Rasp.

Anyone going to write a match report?

129. Ant says:

Happy St Tottshite peeps

130. Rhyle says:

Spurs never finished above us in my 20s. They now can’t finish above us in my 30s.

It’s been a hard 20 years…stifling the laughter while they work themselves up into a “power shift” tizzy every year.

i know we didn’t score any more in the second half, but we never stopped trying to.

Also Kozzer, did you notice the player who fouled him for the goal was also the player who got a well placed boot to the cheekbone. Not that it was intentional of course…..

And Happy St Totteringhams everybody.

Liked what I saw of Jack tonight, and him coming on for Ramsey rather than Theo speaks volumes about what’s going on in training.

132. Jack look very hungry, very eager!

133. Happy St Totteringhams Day ………………..AGAIN to you all 😆I’m a bit outa the loop lately, but I like to take time out to celebrate one of the more festive days that is such a long standing English tradition.

😀 Gnarley, indeed its a public holiday in the UK these days too.

135. The Cockie Monster says:

My fellow Jedi Gooners !……May the 4th be with you on this fine St Totteringham`s Day !.
    A young Spud supporter who had the honour of me listening to him said to me that the Spuds didn`t have a day to brag about it being mathematically impossible for Arsenal to catch them in the league as he had never witnessed it, him being just turned 20 years old !. I comforted him with ……” you do have such an equivalent day as St Totteringham`s Day, Spud bastard !….it`s called, The DAY Hell Freezes Over !”.

136. Ant says:

137. yinka derick says:

who blog this shit is this ramsey. see in arsenal jersey make me angry see Theo make me happy cus is better than Wales businessman of mr Wenger may be for Money coming from there I don’t NO. wht is special about him?

Maybe we should ask is arsenal Dad? Wenger

Hear, hear.

Good Lord, some people are never happy.

Great banner Rasp 😀

I like a moan at the best of times, but how do these people really expect Ramsey to get Ozil or Santi out of the middle? They were brilliant yesterday.

So do we drop Coq?

Of course not, but these idiots seem to forget Rambo scored one and assisted one (in no small part to two silent assists by Ollie) the assist scored by our left winger running in the inside right channel, his goal scored from the middle of the area.

“The way the ball moved around the likes of Ozil, Alexis, Santi and Rambo is gorgeous to watch.”

I was thinking exactly the same. They gave a master class yesterday.

That was most enjoyable.

Earliest St Totts day was in 2007 – March11 th with 10 games to play. Latest was May 12 in 2012 on the final day of the season when we beat WBA 3-2.

Great banner Rasp, made me smile 🙂 We are very childish 🙂

GiE – I noticed the revenge tactics creeping into our game on more than one occasion recently. There was another incident when Coquelin stepped on the foot of hull player shortly after that player hurt one of our lads. Are we seeing the Adams/Parlour/Vieira style coming back? I think I would like that

Thanks for smiley Mesut pic Ant, and it came after the move I mentioned which Chas kindly put up at 9:58

As I said then, these guy like to play great football, and in some ways I feel a bit sorry for players like Hazard and Cesc, who are denied the opportunity

micky – how many times did you tell me to man up? Feeling sorry for Hazard and Cesc?? Oh ffs, that is bordering on illegal

Stuart Pearce was drooling yesterday over our style, our genius manager, players, well just about anything that is Arsenal. He kept on emphasizing the fact that we are about to finish above most wealthy clubs in the world. What a guy 🙂

Maybe we should sign Hazard to save the poor fellow as we did with Sol

Shitty have QPR and Southampton at home and Swans away. They could win all of them, but we will defo win all our remaining fixtures. We are as good as done this season. Second and cup retaining.

I really enjoyed that.Could have been 7-2.There is a new found belief that didn’t exist at the start of the season and no prima donnas just hard graft playing as a unit..

We must tie Santi down for at least another year.

Jack looked super fit after his long lay off, can’t say the same about Walcott.

Giroud had another poor game against crap opposition. He just isn’t good enough for a team that is really going to lay a marker down next season.Pundits point to the Monaco Home leg as an embarressment but Giroud missed at least two if not three open goals, and at this level that is not acceptable, is it Micky 🙂

Overall we are finishing strong and Sanchez’s energy levels are truly amazing.Actually it’s like having two players in the team judged by his work rate.

I reckon just two really top signings in the Summer added to the fact that several players will be released will help balance the books.

hi Kelsey 🙂

Eddie
    “Oh ffs, that is bordering on illegal”
    Ha ha ha 🙂

Crystals
    You may have noticed that I have backed off Ollie and the reason is that he has stopped all the fake injury stuff. That really annoyed me.

Really micky, not on my TV last night 🙂

it was Aaron holding his right leg and limping badly that gave me panic attack.. Ollie is as tough as my DM boots

So mildly effeminate with a purple hue

Sort of holding back on the game talkies in case there’s a post.

Itching to defend my criticism of Aaron on the right.

I’ll do feelings, but not till 9 o’clock

Oh stop it Chas, that’s so clearly a dog in disguise

Crystals
    Ollie has got better. He used to have to leave the field all the time to get a sponge, rub and spray

I also agree with a lot of Kelsey’s comment especially about Giroud, although, I wouldn’t say he had a poor game it’s just that last night highlighted his short comings more than usual. He hardly touched the ball; that, in my opinion, was because the other four were so good that they were able to play without needing to pass to him. Imagine if we had a CF of the passing standards of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla and Ramsey. Welbeck might become that player but he isn’t quite there yet.

POST SENT

Can you leave Rasps splendid banner up please.

100% agree with that LB

Strangely, and in a very deep voiced manly way, I thought of you on two occasions during the game last night. I mention both in my post 🙂

166. I’m sorting the post, thanks micky, back in a bit ……….

167. ……………… New Post everyone ……………………..