Finally we find out what really matters to Arsenal supporters

There has been a lot of debate surrounding the ‘Boring, boring Chelsea’ chants at the end of Sunday’s game at The Emirates.

Maureen as usual used it as an opportunity to further twist the knife in Arsene’s back suggesting that not winning a trophy for 10 years is ‘boring’.

Yesterday a poll on TalkSport asked neutral supporters (i.e. not a fan of Arsenal, manu or the chavs) the question ….. “If you could have a free season ticket to watch either Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea, which which would you choose?” Arsenal came out the clear winner.

The conclusion is that neutrals want to be entertained by great football and therefore chose the team which puts style before pragmatism – but also has been the least successful over the last 10 years …. please don’t remind us of the stadium expenditure, it is a gimme that it was the reason why we have struggled to win trophies over that period.

Arsenal supporters are being branded as being a bit weak minded, and like their team, not ruthless enough.

So here’s your chance as Arsenal supporters to define yourselves. Choose one of the following options that comes closest to your values as an Arsenal supporter.

Rasp

124 Responses to Finally we find out what really matters to Arsenal supporters

1. Sav from Australia says:

Nice one Rasp. This is a timely poll. I voted stay classy.

I noticed after the Arsenal supporters sing ‘boring boring Chelsea’ we are inundated by ‘boring boring Arsenal’ from the media. Huge saturation levels. So much propaganda – I know its a billion dollar industry but its just football lol.

Thanks Sav, it was just a space filler, but I was also intrigued to see the results of the poll.

So far it confirms what I had suspected – that Arsenal supporters are slightly different to many top clubs, we do value, class, style and entertainment above just ‘winning’

Thanks Rasp

None of those options. Goals is what I want. Stylish football and masses of goals. 5-4 victories every game. Not headed goals, dribbled in and long rangers, that kind of stuff.

35% we’re a classy club!!! Really?

😆 Micky, I guess this poll is like the pre-election opinion polls were seeing at the moment. Maybe people will vote one way when being asked the question in theory but another when it actually matters 😕

We’re not allowed to talk about the election, Chas is getting cross 🙂

Trendy leftie? 🙂

8. bamboozle says:

It’s obvious neutrals want to be entertained and fans want their to team to be winners and win trophies.

9. bamboozle says:

If you have no allegiance to a club you pick a team that catches your eye and support them in that particular game but a true fan will take whatever is necessary to win a fooball match for their team.

I liked the Post, Rasp. 🙂

I voted none of the above.

When George Graham last won the First Division title with a team playing execrable football, I was absolutely thrilled skinny – on later reflection I remembered how poor the entertainment often was during the season, and wondered why I spent money on a ticket.

S a trophy yes – but nothing to do with the Chavs – I do not miss that terrible style of football, and to be fair to Chelsea [we have to be magnanimous] they are much better now than we were then – money does tell.

bamboozle, thank you for acknowledging that The Arsenal unselfishly promotes football that is attractive to all – that’s not a bad thing is it?

Hi Redders, I could have put up 20 options but settled on the ‘none of these, I will explain’ as the default. Thank you for making that option work by explaining your thinking 😛

13. Graham March says:

There is no reason why Arsenal cannot win the EPL by playing attractive, entertaining fast flowing football, remaining classy and of course celebrating St. Totteringham’s day in the process.

Cheers, Rasp.

“This is what matters to me most as an Arsenal supporter”

The answer has to be ‘None of these options’.

What matters most to me as an Arsenal supporter is the whole matchday experience:

waking up not knowing what the day might bring;
    titting around on AA;

the journey to the game which may include a few beers;

arriving in N5 and settling on a fine hostelry for a few beers;

meeting up with family, old scrotes and bloggers (don’t try to pin me down as to where these groups intersect on occasion 🙂 ) (these meetings may also involve a few beers);

walking to the ground and singing on the climb up the North Bank steps;
    stuffing JC in the lift after he’s performed that trick on numerous old bill and stewards, where he touches the front of someone’s jacket and then hits them on the nose as they look down ;

stuffing down some packed lunch before kick-off;

savouring the bonhomie other Arsenal fans (such as bamboozle) always bring to the occasion;

celebrating a few goals if we’re lucky;

hopefully leaving the ground with that warm glow (like a bowl of porridge on a winter’s morning) that 3 points inevitably bring;

getting home sated but ready to go again next week or in a fortnight.

In conclusion, I’m just a trendy leftie pisshead with teeth who could have supported any team in the land but, luckily, divine providence had me born a Gunner. 🙂

RA
    Was 1990/91 so execrable, really?

I thought it was a season or two after that when George’s football became Chelsea-esque.
    Rocastle and Thomas replaced by Pal Lydersen and Jimmy Carter.

Excellent chas 😀

It wouldn’t be right to say you are lucky to relive that experience most match days because I know the miles, expense and effort you put into supporting the team and the various landlords on the way 🙂

Obviously those abroad or whose personal situation prevents them from attending regularly tend to express their support in other ways….. shooting their mouths off on blogs for instance 😕

Luckily we all get to experience the Vines’ bonhomie when you and Ant keep us updated on match days – long may it continue 😀

17. RedMJ says:

Like Graham I don’t see why class and winning trophies can’t be great bedfellows. Arsene has done it before and will do it again.

18. Shard says:

I don’t know what it was like before, but when I started following Arsenal, we were a winning side, but never perennial champions, or promoted as such.

The ‘class’ thing. That’s what I voted for, but it is very much how we as a club have chosen to promote ourselves. It’s a marketing thing just like Chelsea, or before them ManU’s promotion of a ‘winning’ brand. I realise this, but I just happen to like it a lot more than the Mancs’ in-your-face marketing spiel, and frankly, Chelsea just behave despicably.

It’s not about the negative football really, but the culture they seem to exhibit as a club. They excuse it by saying it wins trophies. But what has won them trophies is the money. They could have done it with some class, like ManCity for example, and probably done it better. But what is certain is that their crassness does not win them trophies,even if they and the media like to pretend that is synonymous. Arsenal, and Arsene, show that idea is a lie and are reviled for it. Most of all by Jose Mourinho.

Rasp,

My vote was for the classy clubs option, but it could just as easily have been for none of the above. Let me explain–

After Sunday’s bore fest I felt cheated and more miserable than I have felt even after a loss. Many teams have now discovered that parking a bus at the Emirates gives them a good chance of gaining a point or three, but these teams are usually those that are desperate for survival – not a team in 1st place with a 10 point advantage over their opposition.

Mourhino has taken the parking the bus to another level and his teams are drilled in having only a specific distance between each player which congests the final third and stifles the opposition. Another tactic is to hound the opposition when they have the ball and not allow them to gain any continuity in their play, in the hope that they can get a break away and score, this worked in their 1-0 defeat of Man U and we only just escaped the same fate.

These tactics take all of my enjoyment out of the game, and IMLTHO will be the death of football.

Chas, I’m extremely envious of your enjoyment of game day, although I’ve shared the same experience on hundreds of occasions – I miss it desperately – believe me you are my kind of supporter……

Great comments Shard and GN5, I think we are all in broad agreement 🙂

21. arnie says:

Lovely stuff, Rasp. 🙂 I voted “classy” but thought “Trophies minus Chelski” will be leading. Very surprised to see “Classy” in the lead.

The silent majority of Arsenal fans always surprises. No trophy hunters then, neitrher running salivating after big money numpties. 😛

22. arnie says:

Not at all an SNP fan, but power to the regions is the only way to save the Union. London is too powerful, and the regions have started fighting back. This, for me, is a sign of a healthy democracy.

My wish would be a SNP/Plaid/Green and perhaps also Unionist block in Westminster. 🙂 Not going to happen though.

23. Interesting question Rasp, I voted for option one.

But I would like to add a proviso, option one so long as we can beat the Chavs every time we play them.

24. Sorry Arnie I can’t agree.

Giving any sort of power to the SNP will guarantee another independence referendum in the near future, sooner or later enough Scots will vote yes and the Union will be broken leaving the way wide open for first the Welsh and then the Northern Irish to walk away.

Politics and football on the same blog do not mix, almost as bad as watching Chelsea!!

As far as I’m concerned, if you vote Tory, you should piss off and support that mob from N17 or the chavs. 🙂

In a Teamtalk.com article David Ospina was rated as the 4th best keeper in the PL, behind Courtois (3rd) Adrian (2nd) and De Gea.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

Ospina has played only 13 games for Arsenal, but the numbers make it impossible to ignore the Colombian’s contribution.

The 26-year-old spent the first half of the Premier League campaign on the bench as a spectator while Szczesny’s reputation went up in smoke, with the Pole dropped after a woeful display and a crafty fag at Southampton on New Year’s Day.

Ospina took over and it cannot be just a coincidence that Arsenal’s form dramatically improved thereafter. The Gunners have won 11 out of 13 games with Ospina in the sticks, with seven of those ending in shut-outs.

The individual stats are even more telling. Ospina has the highest save percentage (83%) of any keeper to play more than 10 games this season. He also leads the league in saving shots from inside the box, with his 79% success rate being 12% higher than the next best performer.

The numbers do not make good reading for Szczesny. Ospina’s overall shots-saved percentage is 16% higher, while the 22% difference in saves from shots inside the box must be acknowledged.

To the naked eye, the most obvious contrast between Ospina and Szczesny can be found in their temperaments. The Pole appears to relish whatever attention he can get; Ospina is quite the opposite, bringing an air of calm authority to a previously unstable Arsenal defence.

28. arnie says:

Chas. 🙂 GN5. Agreed.

BTW, if we win this weekend it will effectively be St Totteringham’s Day because they can only equal us on 70 points if we lose all our remaining games and we currently have a goal diff 25 higher than theirs.

Rasp
    What’s all this “effectively” bollix?
    It either is or it isn’t.
    Besides they have to play Citeh first. 🙂

Well chas, as I’m sure you’ve worked out, it is possible that we could lose all our remaining games and concede 25 goals – but effectively, I don’t reckon that is gonna happen.

But so be it, I shan’t bring out the St T’s Day’s paraphernalia until it is mathematically impossible for them to do the impossible 😀

However, if we win and they don’t it will specifically be ST T’s Day 🙂

Cmon, you can’t have “Happy Effectively Totteringhams Day’ , can you? 🙂

Did you make a Totteringham’s Day banner? I can’t remember.

34. arnie says:

Yes, time to make a St Totteringham’s Day banner. 😛

35. arnie says:

The shadow picture should certainly be in there. 🙂

Not previously but I may have done …. you’ll have to wait and see 😆

Chas I believe that one of Eddie’s dogs ate the St T’s banner – and unfortunately ended up at the vet’s.

Haha, I wasn’t trying to lumber you with even more work, Rasp.

It was you bringing ‘out the St T’s Day’s paraphernalia’ that had me intrigued.

Stop designing my banners arnie 🙂 I never pinch other folks’ artwork 😕

Aha, the plot thickens.

arnie, the banner has to be changed each year – as the shadow gets bigger and bigger.

42. arnie says:

GN5. That is right. That way, Rasp can design an entirely new banner every year. 🙂

My banners don’t go up unless they have artistic integrity 🙂

44. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    I noticed many would like to stay classy, Ha Ha Classy, Ten years to win an FA cup classy gets you no where. Arsenal classy with supporters wearing black scarfs and trudging the streets with slogans of Arsene out very classy. Supporters chanting boring boring to a team 10 points clear at the top yeh real classy.

I see you didn’t want to hear about our stadium costs, dont blame you as that was not the reason we have not had a winning team. Arsenal football club have been in the top ten of wealthy clubs in the world for as long as i can remember, but still we cannot win the Premier, We let Chelsea off at The Emirates because we didn’t have the quality to get through a packed defence what was it Five shots most off target, how often is that the case Ramse’y seems to hit every shot fat Ozil has no shot Walcott is a waste of space we have no wingers and no top striker. i could go on about our players lack of scoring ability but some one will come up with stats to prove me wrong, but had we had a few more shots on target or even shots that were not hit straight at the keeper we may of doubled the amount of goals.

I am all for boosting our players confidence, but it has to be said that our superstars are sadly lacking. 42 mill Ozil will get many purring, sadly not me. He has been a waste of money in my opinion, many will say about his assists but for 42 mill no where near the amount he should have given.

Almost a full squad to pick from and we couldn’t find a way through a supposedly boring side. What do we expect Chelsea to do stand to one side and say shoot. These Premier league leaders are ten points clear of their nearest rivals and playing perhaps the only team that could of mathematically catch them and they shut up shop and gain a point, that is the way to win Championships.

Lovely passing and flashy trick shots look wonderful but wins you F all what’s so classy about that, we are now out of the chase and are now fighting for runner up spot, how classy is that, Lose the FA cup and it has been a disastrous But classy season, Splendid.

Hi Steve, it’s not a question of not wanting to hear about the stadium costs, I was just letting newcomers know that many of us (maybe not you) accept that our spending in the transfer market was severely restricted in the years following the building of The Emirates and this was reflected in our ability to compete for top honours.

46. stevepalmer1 says:

Sorry Rasp, i forgot to thank you for the post mate, I realise the cost of the stadium had to be paid for, and how an Owner not prepared to use his vast wealth for players, We know he brought a fine business and a fine future but his lack of spending has been testament to a fine Manager in Arsene Wenger, How that man has kept us in the top 4 for 17 years is unbelievable, but i understand how supporters can Hate a man like Mourinho who has not liked Wenger right from the start. Here we have a man that manages teams that have been built by some body else a man that only takes a job where he has an open cheque book and the annoying habit of stepping in just at the right moment.

Before I say anything else can I say — Rasp OUT, OUT OUT.

Oops, No — I meant that shagger Chas for questioning my comment on Gorgeous George and his truly terrible footballing style.
    Just because I did not see much of it – but let’s not introduce tricky questions into a nice bit of anti anti-football rhetoric. [The double ‘anti’ is deliberate].

Chas: OUT, OUT, OUT. 🙂

Cats: OUT, OUT, OUT.

Any bugger who disagrees with me: OUT, OUT, OUT. 🙂

Any sod who says, RA OUT, OUT, OUT is: OUT, OUT, OUT.

That about does it.

Hi, also, to GN5, Norfuk, Shard, arnie (the political agitator), Steve et al. 🙂

48. Shard says:

Hi RA.

In the words of Sarah Connor to Dr Silberman.

‘How’s the knee?’

49. arnie says:

Redders. your lordship, I plead innocence. I was simply responding to the motning batner! 😛

RA: OUT, OUT, OUT.

I presume the answer was, ‘nah, not really’. 🙂

51. arnie says:

🙂 🙂 🙂

52. Shard says:

Hi steve

I read your comment and while I don’t disagree with the idea that we should look to win, I think you are mixing up certain things and putting it under the broad umbrella of ‘class’.

As far as I’m concerned, I prefer attacking football. but defensive football can be great to watch too. What sets Chelsea apart is that they take the class out of football, either defensive or offensive, and reduce it to what can only be called cynical football. Fouling, diving, time wasting, even showing a lack of regard for their opponents’ safety at times, getting referees’ help (and then have a media outcry about conspiracies) etc.

I have nothing against defensive football, but let’s be clear, they have won trophies in the past decade because of their money, and not really because their style of football is inherently better than ours or anyone else’s. I’d argue it is not as good. Give Wenger and Jose Mourinho the same financial resources, a level playing field with referees, and I think Wenger comes out on top most times.

What I call class, is that our manager openly says winning is important, but it is never at all costs. That he can put the club above himself. That the club seems to value its traditions and history, that we offer to replay an FA Cup tie which we won under unethical circumstances, that we don’t normally comment on the media bullshit. It’s not a thing, it’s difficult to define, and biased though I am, I don’t think I am entirely wrong when I say Arsenal do understand and exhibit class more than most clubs that they compete against. It has nothing to do with trophies, or attacking football, or how the team is performing in terms of shots or goals.

PS. Wealth and disposable income are two separate things. When Arsenal were spending anywhere close to the top team, we won 3 league titles including an unbeaten streak that was broken only by a cheating referee, who now just happens to head all referees. We’re on our way back now though.

PPS. I thought Ozil was fantastic in the first half vs Chelsea. Not as great in the second. I do think he needs to work on his finishing. Maybe that will come in time. Cesc, and Ramsey, both improved in that respect under Wenger’s tutelage. Ozil gets in the right positions and that is at least a good thing.

Hi Guys,

Enjoyed reading all your comments – and no one should be OUT, OUT, OUT — except Micky – obviously! 🙂

I have not seen Terminator No.1 let alone No.2

The knee is likely to need (no pun intended) an exploratory keyhole procedure – and jiggle about if necessary. Yikes!

Thanks for sort of asking, Shard – and for the incomprehensible vid, Chas! 🙂

arnie, cannot be long now before you are back in the UK. 🙂

My taxi is here, so until tomorrow – arriverderci Roma. 🙂

55. Shard says:

RA

As Dr Silberman goes on to explain to the med students outside..”she…uh.. stabbed me in the kneecap with my pen a few weeks ago”

Sorry I haven’t asked properly or earlier RA. I’ve not been around much, and haven’t had much time when I have to read most comments. Apart from a new career there have also been some family health issues.

I fully sympathise with knee injuries though. Or is that empathise. I haven’t been going to the gym the past few weeks either. But need to get back to doing some squats and deadlifts to help build some leg muscle. (and lose weight..but shhhh)

Hope your keyhole procedure goes well. Just don’t put the woodpecker song in the surgeon’s head 🙂

56. arnie says:

Take care, Redders, take care Shard. 🙂

I am back in the UK on May 11. 🙂 Dont worry, I have arranged for a proxy vote! 🙂

57. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening Shard, You may have thought that i was digging out our team because i was disappointed by our result, well of course i was disappointed but where you see Ozil’s first half as fantastic, I didn’t, Of course people see things differently and many see a lot more than others. You obviously understand the technical side more than i do,

I tend to take the view of what i see, where you obviously see the bigger picture,
    , Ozil can pass i will give you that, but the physical side he bows out i don’t like that, At one stage he was inside the box when a through ball went through and it would have been a 50 50 with Terry Ozil quit and Terry cleared that angered me, Ozil does not defend well and in my opinion he doesn’t go forward with conviction, in fact i go as far to say The Ox with his lack of experience excites me more with his free running style and his competitive nature, he shoots on sight which need a little work but he shoots, Ozil doesnt .

I like honest players Le Coq Bellerin Monreal kosi players who will throw any thing in the way to stop the other side, Walcott bows out and does little work, Ramsey we have seen the best of him last season, i have said in the past i feel he will never reach that same form and he still hasn;t he seems slower to me and only has the one string to his bow,Wilshere reminds me of Groundhog day he always seems to do the same things, he also has no shot. Granted some of them wasn;t playing againt Chelsea but they will be back but doing the same things.

People like me and you say we need more players, quality players, we have to lose a few to make room. I can see improvements that will help this team produce but we need to move a few on, but of course i often get things wrong 🙂

58. Shard says:

Hi steve

I agree about Ozil avoiding shooting. He seems to lack belief that he can score. As for the ‘physical battle’, sure he’s not a destroyer, or pulls out of challenges, but wasn’t Pires accused of the same for the longest time? I think Ozil has done better at defending and getting more involved in the game physically, since he’s come back from injury.

Interesting about moving some players on. Who would you sell apart from the likes of Diaby or Flamini? Personally, I think Wilshere and Walcott, though both fine players, don’t quite fit into the way we play anymore and can be improved upon. Wilshere though might be young enough to improve. He certainly has the talent. Walcott, especially with his contract up next year, might be gone.

Morning all.

Firstly Hull 1 – Liverpool 0, man those players really are bored of David Brent, either that or they are planning to miss out on Europa by losing all remaining games.

That also brings me to another point…..winning the FA Cup condemns the would be Europa League Avoiders to another season in it, that’s as important as the trophy 😀

And finally on the poll, I voted none of the above, I have never gone to Arsensl expecting to win trophies, I like Chas go for the whole fun of the day, and on any given Saturday should my club win by a hatful of goals or one goal it is pretty much a perfect day. That trophies come along once in a while is the gravy.

As Chas says watching GGs long ball cup winning sides wasn’t pretty, the Wembley finals were the dullest I can remember, but we won and the day became great nonetheless.

We should remember that when people talk about Arsenal having class it’s rarely about the way we play football it’s about all we do off the pitch, from looking after our old players, what we do in the community and how we conduct ourselves when we travel.

One thing I am so happy to see the return of is Arsenal running to the centre circle home and away and applauding all sides of the ground, we used to do it, then when the PL line up started we stopped but it’s back and it’s those little touches of tradition that make us what we are.

Ohhhhh, I thought “The Arsenal have Class” came from the fact that we were always run by Old Etonians 🙂

Anyway, not talking about election stuff anymore, but surely a note to The Greens.

Having all your candidates as Ann Widecombe lookie likies is not a good idea. I’ve been to a lezzo nightclub, and some of them are absolutely scorchers. So, assuming they’re all boilers is not helping your cause. So brace up before it’s too late.

By the way Chas, Rasp said you were a trendy leftie. Not sneaking or anything 🙂

Never been trendy in my life.

Absolute scorchers don’t need to use politics as a means of dinging their bell. Boilers or Italian pornstars it is, then.

Are you referring to that Italian Ciccilione or whatever her name was, and was she Green Party?

We did the sun going down surf thing last august. Magical

it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. The beautiful and powerful sides of nature. Great pic

Ah ha, Bill. A Democrat who like our Labour Party handed all the power to The Banksters 🙂

Oooops!

Still, we liked Bill 🙂

Thinking of lefties, where’s Big?

And thinking of the far right, where’s Eddie?

Where would you categorise yourself on the spectrum?

Don’t mention Spectrum, Micky, or he might accept your invitation. 😦

De Gea?

Ey up, RA.
    The ‘S’ word used to be on the banned list.
    I didn’t think of that when I typed it.

Ha ha, funny isn’t it that we have spectrum as a banned word. Some would argue there are worse words 🙂

They are ‘working people’ Micky, and as ‘working people’ they need to work, as ‘working people’ do. 🙂

That is the most over-used phrase I have ever heard in an election

So, is Mr Miliband and now Mr Cameron saying sod the non-working people?

It is easier for me to just enjoy the rubbish all the politicians spew out, as I don’t get to vote — but Balls lecturing the other party about lack of control on spending and taxes does bring a grin — wasn’t he the Treasury advisor who left a note in the Treasury 5 years ago saying ‘there’s no money left – good luck’? 🙂

De Gea —- 😀

Big is ‘ere

Hate to talk football this early in the morning but …

I believe it was Didit who was disappointed we didn’t sign Balotelli 🙂

(so was I)

Chas
    Certainly not avoiding your question, but the answer is very long winded. I do not sit anywhere specific on the Tory/Labour spectrum. They are both corrupt and both operate economic and foreign policies I wholeheartedly disagree with.
    I have never voted yet, so if I did, it would be purely tactical and would be based on who I think would do a better job for the country, unlike most who vote for the party they believe will make them a bit richer.

Big
    I demanded we sign him, and as usual, I was right 🙂

Morning Big ear, glad you’re ‘ere. 🙂

How many Europa slots are there for English sides?

You are a spoil sport, Micky, by refusing to be enticed.

Bribing the electorate to get their votes has always been done – just listen to the voters who are interviewed — ‘what’s init fer me? – I’ll promise you anything – just gimme yer bloody vote’

You are right to be a tad cynical tho’. 🙂

Does Pep have a Maureen side, do you think? 🙂

Micky . That is a fine manifesto.

I would vote for you

RA. Probably – they are both Iberians.

Ah, thought so, anarchist. 🙂

Micky,

Premiership clubs definitely get one Europa spot for the 5th place – after that it depends whether or not your aunt twice removed had a birthday ending in y — provided that Spurs ate beans 3 tijmes a week, or a hundred other permutations.

I’m sure that makes it very clear. 🙂

Morning all, what a fantastic idea, rebrand the FA Cup as The Emirates Cup – they may as well award it to us every year 😆

chas. Your 2.06. Made me feel nostalgic and pining for home.

It is one of the very few things I miss about London

pool lost last night, shocking. And there are idiots at my allotment who think Wenger should go

Actually Big, I think you would really like the nuts and bolts of my manifesto more than most.

I would completely do away with all income tax, and tax things big time.

That’s just for starters, so you can see how far away I am from Cons and Labs 🙂

Eddie
    I thought Wenger should go AND we should have signed Balotelli 🙂

Results of the poll …..

over 50% said that Arsenal being ‘classy’ was most important

33.33% said trophies but not if we play like the chavs

13.92% said trophies at any cost

… and there were 6 people who didn’t want to play 😕
    Micky wants to see bucketloads of spectacular goals and for chas and GiE its about fantastic matchday experiences…. dunno about the other 3 🙂

Cheers, BR.
    If it wasn’t for The Arse, I’d rarely go back, too.

I think we should move the epicentre of AA debate to Eddie’s allotment. Come on lads, wellies on 🙂

Apparently it is possible that spurs could finish just out of the Europa Cup position and we could force them back into it by winning the FA Cup. I’m told that spud fans don’t want Europa league football, so that would make the season even sweeter 🙂

I’d vote for “tax things big time” every day of the week.

Thanks RA
    Crystal clear

Rasp
    Bang on. Goals is what I like most 🙂

you is an ejeet then 🙂 🙂

There are a few gunners at the allotment and a lots of Spuds, mostly King Edwards. And it is the Gunners who slaughter Wenger, King Edwards wish he was their manager. No matter what, we are never a laughing stock Spurs or ridiculed Chavs, and above big spenders like Pool, ManU and soon Shitty. Wenger should go!!! me arse

rasp – we HAVE to win the FA cup then 🙂 no option

I went to a restaurant last night were you can eat as much as you want for £23, all good food and lots of grilled fish. I can hardly move today….gluttony is a deadly sin for our own good

Are they open plan, Eddie?

8.50. Is that Jack Wilshere?

I’ve produced one bollix post every week for you all to disagree with since Raddy proposed the system, who’s going to take the baton today? 🙂

Rasp. Your posts are never bollix – in fact none of the posts I have read on AA are. I may not agree with them all but they are always well-written.

Is there nothing in the locker?

yes, they are open plan, hence constant arguments. With dark hair I look like the woman in black tshirt. No pretty girls on our site, that’s all we need! But there is a woman who apparently goes to sheds for a cuddle +

Morning Raddy, I don’t think there is anything in the loading bay.

By bollix, I meant that I had written something hurriedly without great conviction simply to give conversation starter. I have written posts that even I don’t agree with but may reflect the opinion of someone who has made a point but doesn’t want to develop it into a post 😆

Chas’s turn. 🙂

What’s happening tour youth system?
    U18s bottom of their league – U21s 5th in the second division.

Away you go Chas and tell us what’s happening – apart from not scoring goals and conceding too many. 🙂

Rasp “I have written posts that even I don’t agree with” ha ha, know the feeling

RA
    There’s a post. Yoof. What a waste 🙂

Morning RA, our under 21s are not pulling up any trees! I get the impression that the club view the U21 league simply as a training/rehabilitation tool. We are in the 2nd division and have lost to the spuds twice this season.

And yet, Rasper, we were led to believe that the new broom Jonckers and his cohorts were going to shake up the yooves.

Erm — hoof = hooves; — yoof = yooves — yep, I suppose that is grammatically correct or sumfink. 🙂

…. New post …..