Cazorla or Rosicky to start?

St. James Park. Not been the same since the days of Keegan and Shearer. Why?

From the outside it is Sports Direct and Mike Ashley. A Londoner buying the North-East’s premier club and running it without recognition of it’s past history. I have no idea whether Mr. Ashley has profited financially form his purchase but he must have regretted the effect his decision has had upon his family and reputation. Can there be a more disliked owner in the PL?

How can the Newcastle fans be happy when every season they sell their best players. In 2014 they sold Debuchy, Remy and Cabaye – the core of their French based burgeoning team? Is it any wonder that Pardew struggled to reach the level of success demanded by the owner and the fans?

Newcastle are struggling for personnel with Cisse and Coloccini banned and Taylor, Tiote, De Jong and Aarons missing through injury. These are difficult times for a rookie manager. I feel sorry for John Craver who is surely  a caretaker until summer. Having won only one of their last six PL games confidence must be low.

That said, they remain a good mid-division side. dangerous on the attack and resolute in defence. Furthermore they will be expecting to succeed at home against an Arsenal who will be feeling the physical effect s of the efforts midweek in Monaco.

We are on a fine run of form, our squad is strong and in the main healthy, Mr Wenger has choices he has not had for many seasons – if ever. Even without 3 important midfielders (plus Diaby) he can choose between Le Coq, Ramsey, Cazorla, Flamini, Rosicky, Ozil and Alexis. Rosicky or Cazorla? Santi has been excellent the past couple of months – his best spell in the shirt but perhaps this is a game for Rosicky to stat. He plays a similar game but is probably a little better defensively. Upon reflection, I would start the Spaniard and exchange them on 70 minutes.

Many have said they would rest Alexis today but my thoughts are why? Our next game is not until April 4 as we enter an International break. Alexis is certainly not as potent as he was early in the season but he remains enormously entertaining to watch and an important cog in the team. As this is an way fixture I expect Mr Wenger to play another midfielder – probably Ramsey.

My team:

Ospina

Bellerin    BFG     Koscielny      Monreal

Ramsey   Coquelin   Cazorla

Ozil

Giroud    Welbeck

There is a temptation to play Walcott and Chambers. Walcott’s pace is a potent weapon when playing away as Newcastle will look to attack and be more open to the counter-attack. Chambers was isolated against West Ham primarily because Walcott does not give him enough protection, he deserves another chance. Discuss.

As always, for tactics, stats etc look elsewhere.

In a tight competition for top 4 every point is vital and under normal circumstances I would be satisfied with a point, but second is possible and we need 3 points from this game.

I am 54% confident.

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

154 Responses to Cazorla or Rosicky to start?

1. ‘morning all, a good match and, I hope, result in prospect today, my appetite nicely whetted by BR’s fine offering.

As a taster, back to St Jame’s Park March 2nd 2002

2. Ant says:

Ant and Duck and Geordie Nick here

3. Ant says:

4. Ant says:

Thanks Raddy.. Crackin’ as always.

Newcastle are 11/2 to win..blimey

5. Ant, but Arsenal are 4/7, kushti!

6. Ant says:

Nick is 100% confident that the Mags are gonna lose

7. chas mobile says:

Fine pre-match, BR.
    No idea who’s going to play.
    I suppose we’ll find out at kick-off. 🙂

Nick says there should be a paragraph about ham and pease pudding stottie cakes. 😉

8. chas mobile says:

Morning all,

It’s a balmy 0c here this morning, the warmest start to a day since last November.

Nice post Raddy, I hope you awaken some of the “missing” bloggers.

I feel a win in my bones today, I cannot see the team dropping their guard. There are only 10 hopefully 11 games left n the season – if we win them all we will have retained the FA Cup and would have a good shot at 2nd place in the PL.

Enjoy your trip Ant/Chas/Nick I look forward to updates on your way there,

10. Ant says:

11. PV4 says:

I’d give Santi and Rosicky a half each. They are both dangerous and quick – and Tomas has a point to prove. Let’s hope the boys have packed their winter woollies! I see a 3 goal victory with OG getting two.

12. Ant says:

It’s right nippy up Norf

13. Ant says:

The pub crawl is the Bridge Hotel, Crown Pasada, Town Wall and Bodega..

14. Ant says:

The team are wearing red today!

15. Ant says:

With two big starkers up top.

16. Ant says:

Strikers.. Hee hee

17. Ant says:

Must get my crampons ready for the trip up to our seats in the ground..

I must say I was struck by the strikers.

Moving up in the world ??

We have only lost 5 times in the PL at St James and are unbeaten in our last 13 visits.

21. Ant says:

Just leaving Durham..beautiful chimney pots

Raddy, the first rule of Walcott is we don’t talk about Walcott. Where were you yesterday?

Great post Raddy and I am not going to talk about you know whom. I think the role of the modern wide player and how much protection they should provide should be a post in its own right next week.

Ant / Chas can you ask Geordie Nick if he would prefer “you know whom who should not be named” to be playing or not. I always feel that is a decent yardstick. If they are happy he is on the bench it normally means he should be playing.

23. Geordie Nick says:

It won’t make any difference cos whoever plays will be up against Warren Barton (who we have brought in on emergency loan) so I can’t see anyone getting past our defence.
    I predict a Beardsley hat trick and George Graham getting hit with a stottie
    What day is it?
    My prediction 0-18
    Although I have got 70pence on a Toon win so here’s hoping
    Up the Mighties

24. chas mobile says:

Wenger – My thoughts on resting Alexis

Arsène Wenger has been tempted to rest Alexis Sanchez – but the demands of the fixture list have held him back.

The Chile international has had a fine first season in English football, scoring 19 times in 41 appearances for the Gunners.

However, Wenger admits the 26-year-old has shown signs of tiredness recently and could be in line for a break.I’m tempted [to rest him] at some stage, I have been for a long time.

“He’s a bit [fatigued],” the Arsenal manager said. “Also, because he is in a position where he has scored less, he wants to force his game and then he is more included in physical battles.

“Maybe goalscoring is on his mind so he wants to do too much and he wants to force his game.

“I’m tempted [to rest him] at some stage, I have been for a long time. It’s not that he won’t let me, I will decide that!

“It’s just that every game now is so important, you always have a hesitation to do it.”

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

Cheers Raddy

Really looking forward to not watching the game today.

The Geordies think there going to get stuffed, but I reckon they will play well and only lose 5-0.

That John Carver bloke makes Alan Pardew look like a genius. In his press conference he slated his own squad, some players just aint good enough etc. Though thats true, its bad management in my book. He should be doing it in private, pulling a player aside and telling him “look son, your not good enough. To resolve the situation we have hired a hit man to take you out. Cant tell you when its going to happen, but I wouldnt overstock the toilet paper”

Apparently hes got a tactical surprise for Arsene? From what ive seen of Carver, his tactics involve eleven players running around with an erection. They would be better off with Rod Hull and emu in charge. Hull could give the players the feel good factor with his haunted look of a man depressed his puppet goads him in his sleep, and emu can peck the players groin to reduce erections.

To be fair the Geordies are a great club. Its all that cockney wanker Mike Ashleys fault. The man looks like he could beat Eric Bristow at darts and lets out a whine of sexual satisfaction when clipping some youngsters ear in his part time Bouncing job

He should never have been allowed to take over. They have some sort of fit and proper persons test dont they? In his case it should have included a test to detect an audible sexual groan at the sight of a treble twenty, and an examination of a visible reaction to a young lad wearing trainers.

And the show goes on……………..Fried egg sandwich, washed down with a Newcastle Brown Ale no doubt.

28. fatgingergooner says:

Don’t rest Sanchez. Let him play 60 minutes, fake a hamstring strain, and then tell Chile FC that he’s injured for at least 2 weeks!

Line up could be anything, but I would expect Bellerin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Welbeck and Giroud all to start as they have been rotated recently so should be a bit fresher than others.

Newcastle missing Collocini, Taylor, Tiote and Cisse among others, which is the spine of their side so that should be favourable for us. They do still have some tricky players in Cabella, Perez, Ameobi etc but not sure how much they will be up for a fight if we can get the first goal.

FGG.

Last 7 words should read……….”When we get the first goal”

30. Ant says:

31. Chas @ 11.37, is that a picture of the key used to wind up the Barcodes? 😀

32. Ant @ 11.54, is that thing in the background another of Anthony Gormley’s gormless “art works”?

Haha, great feedback from Chas and Ant and a couple of great comments from Geordie Nick and Sir Terrance.

Chas / Ant. I haven’t seen any snaps of you boys with a Newcy Brown yet. It’s 1.00pm now boys, come on pull your finger out. Remember you are in Geordieland now not having afternoon tea and scones in Knightsbridge, and 1.00pm in Geordieland is basically 3/4 of the way through your evening.

When in Rome and all that. I want pictures of you on your knees hugging lamp-posts. Lets get Feckin Mortled.

35. Ant says:

It’s still early GB… Patience

36. Ant says:

Soon be looking like this

I can bring a smile to all of your faces by turning the clock back 13 years.

March 2nd 2002 to be exact – Arsenal away to Newcastle.

Bergkamp passes to Vieira who passes out to Pires who spots Bergkamp running through the middle with his arm raised Pires waits and then floats a pass that lands behind Berkamp who flicks it with his left foot turns Dabizas runs around him and side foots in for a wonder goal!!!!

Man C up 2-0 at 41 mins – 3 points on the way.

39. fatgingergooner says:

Wow! City had 32 shots already!

54% is just ridiculous, spoiled otherwise great post 🙂
    I agree with Raddy that there is no reason to rest any players now. We need every point and every goal as the red mancs are closing the gap.

Teeth @ 11:58 are rubbish, mine are better 🙂

41. fatgingergooner says:

Not sure when Gibbs is going to get another start! Monreal in again, not that I’m complaining.

Ospina
    Chambers Easter Koz Monreal
    Rambo Coq Cazorla
    Welbz Giroo Sanchez

42. GN5, check out my comment @ 10.26 am.

43. arnie says:

sorry, Raddy, late to the show. I was waiting on yesterday’s post expecting the Raddy PM to be announced there. 😦

44. chas mobile says:

45. arnie says:

lovely PM, Raddy, and great Ant n’ Duck n’ Nick show. 🙂

love the video, Norfolk, and love the sneaky pic of the Angel of the Norf. 🙂

COYG. 🙂

46. arnie says:

Beebs says: Mesut Ozil misses out through illness for Arsenal, who also make three changes. Ozil is replaced by Aaron Ramsey, while Calum Chambers replaces Hector Bellerin at right back and Gabriel also comes in for Per Mertesacker.

Arsenal XI: Ospina, Chambers, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Welbeck, Giroud.

47. arnie says:

BFG rested, who is captain?

48. RC78 says:

I am tired of seeing a tired Sanchez…

I suppose Ramsey or Cazorla will be captain

49. arnie says:

hmmm, Chambers looks too open in right back

50. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. Giro. 1-0. Welbz assist.

51. arnie says:

c’mon Welbz, two glorious chances, make them count

52. arnie says:

yes, Giro again. ………………

Got to the sofa late. Just seen the two goals – magical finishing.

Who is playing – no Mesut or Hector??

54. Hello…… first time I’ve had the chance to get onto the net in the bar…. packed with French waiting for the Rugby England vs France. Saw most of the 1st half against Newcastle and from what I saw, we are well on top but more importantly, I can see some real fight in the team, winning balls, fighting for everything….. looks fecking good.

FFS. Stupid goal to give away so early in the half.

Come on lads, Wake Up

Just got in. We were 0:2 up and coasting when I heard it on the radio, just before half-time.

Then I see we are 1:2 and struggling to hold on. What is going on??

57. fatgingergooner says:

We look exhausted.

58. fatgingergooner says:

Welbz still looks fit! Haha

What pace.

I agree. If we get out with the points it will be because of what Wenger calls mental strength

60. fatgingergooner says:

Get in there!!!

Big 3 points with United v Liverpool tomoz.

We were awful 2nd half but we hung on well even though we looked shattered.

Poor stream but Coquelin looked excellent again.

Very happy Gooner 🙂

61. fatgingergooner says:

Guess we cheer United tomoz?

A 6 point gap would be nice, plus we could pretty much knock Liverpool out of it as we play them next.

Fantastic to go into 2 week break with a little cushion and 3 points.

Cheering for England now in the rich mans rugby, although I much prefer the poor mans rugby!

Phew. Well payed you rip roaring Gunners.

Backs to the wall stuff for much of the second half but the defence and midfield combined to keep us in front.

Welbz should have looked up when shooting at Krul. OG and Alexis (?) were unmarked and waiting for the pass. Though perhaps I am being harsh as I have not seen a replay.

A fine 3 points.

63. fatgingergooner says:

Go on England! Great try.

64. I’m now stuck in the bar for the rugby,,,,,,,, Englnd France, loads of French geezers and now it’s 7-8……… I understand nuffink…

65. I’m gonna stay here just hoping Englan win… I don’t give a shit about rugby, but against the French………. win win win 🙂

66. fatgingergooner says:

Nigel Pearson is my new favourite manager!

Reporter: Do you need to go and speak to referee?

NP: what’s the point? He’s the most arrogant man I’ve ever met!

I will give 1 guess as to who the ref was!

Great, hard-earned three points. Very important win. We looked completely knacked in the second half.

68. fatgingergooner says:

Wow! That French lad just got buried! What a hit!

69. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Nice one Raddy,
    Although i lost my stream mid way through the first half i did find another for the second half, only trouble was when i finally got the stream i had missed the 2 goal lead.

Second half was a bit of a nail biter, once Newcastle got their goal we looked like we had our backs to the wall, We did look a little Jaded in my mind but with a week we have had not surprising really.

The lads knuckled down and although i felt we sat back a little too much we managed to take all the points. I figure the lads will look forward to a little rest now, and i feel they have deserved it.

Our first win out of the remaining 9 games eight left and i’m counting, well fought the team glad to see Easterman back but sorry to see Le Coq with another bloody nose, this young guy will have a hooter like a frying pan COYRRG’s

70. neamman says:

Welbeck reminds me of Wiltord, not a goal scorer but a great team player

NB. Bet you enjoyed the end of that half of rugby!

A brilliantly exciting half of Rugby!!

It’s the first sport I have seen today – and after the worry of the Arsenal 2nd half, I thought England were going to be duffed up.

NB, you are missing a great sport – full of action – non-stop – and fantastic athletes. loved it! 🙂

Sorry, Raddy – another classy pre-match. Chapeau!! 🙂

Evening all, haven’t seen the game, was listening to us take the two goal lead a fit sounded like we were all over them.

But then it sounds like we relaxed and maybe showed the effects of Tuesday’s exertions.

I’m all for game management but it can make the game a bit tense at times.

OG 13 from 14 (5)
    HK 19 from 20 (6)
    DC 18 from 22

Brackets denotes substitute appearances.

Not bad strike rates from all 3 but OG just doesn’t seem to get the plaudits.

On top of the goals OG 3 assists, HK 3, DC 2.

So OG 1.14 G/A per start, HK 1.1, DC 0.9

Just for the sake of comparison here are our results after 30 games in 3 different seasons.

1997/8 W17D9L4GF49GA26Pts60
    2000/1 W15D9L6GF47GA29Pts54
    2014/15 W18D6L6GF58GA31Pts60

In 1997/8 and 2000/1 we won the PL and this season we are 3rd and hoping for better.

I left out our “Invincibles” season of 2003/4 – as that does not have a reasonable comparison.

You have to love this England Rugby team! 🙂

78. RC78 says:

Good games of Rugby today all around…Congrats to England and Ireland – my national team will be a force at the World Cup for sure…I predict top 4 for Les Bleus.

As for the EPL – good win but hrd-fought. Wellbeck missed some sitters and honestly, what is Sanchez doing on the pitch…

Well done Giroud…He might even hit 20 this season – despite being out for a few months…not bad for such a lousy (lol) striker…

79. RC78 says:

Sissoko would be great in our squad…get rid of Flamini and Rosicky and make space for Sissoko 🙂

He can add steel, pace and stregth in our midfield and he would definitely challenge Ramsey and can play HM…Ox, Coquelin, Sissoko – Ozil – Giroud, Sanchez…

At 12 Mln pounds, let s buy him

Rugby was brilliant.

3 points for the Arsenal was brilliant.

A draw tomorrow will be brilliant.

RC. Don’t we have enough midfielders? No way will we sign Sossoko unless we sell some we have and who will buy those we could sell and give them the wages we do?

82. Fuck… still in the bar……….. the Frencies are not happy… I’m not a Rugby man but just glad to see England beat France.. nearly a fight or two, but managed to keep it all under control. Back tomorrow.. at some time….

RC78 I doubt the 12m on Sissokho is what we will be buying, we have enough squad type players.

If Arsene canbe looked at in terms of making a cake, the cake itself was complete three seasons ago, the sponge was a bit light but thankfully Coq has added some weight. In Cazorla, Giroud he started to put the icing on, sweetened it up with Sanchez and Ozil, and now we should be looking for cherries to really top it off.

84. fatgingergooner says:

It’s going to be a quiet summer I think with the way squad is progressing. We still have Wilshere, Gnabry, Campbell, Sanogo and Debuchy to come back into this group. If Arteta and Flamini leave them a quality HM would be great, although the way Coquelin is playing we might already have one developing at the club.

Minus 2 here with a freezing wind from the North which gives a chill factor of minus 10. Perfect day to stay indoors and watch sport.

Does anyone want to write post match report?

Ant & Duck. Thank you for the amusing pics yesterday. Really appreciated.

bloody hell, that was a nail bitter, how on earth did we survive?
    I was less than impressed with Wellbeck
    54% was about right, well done Raddy

What would we like for today – a draw or a MU win for me.

If L’pool are 6 points behind us going into the home game in two weeks time an Arsenal win will finish their hopes of top 4.

Hmmm interesting Raddy.

I think I’d prefer ManUre to have another season out of CL, that should really test their FFP credentials.

So awin for Liverpool today meaning there is less pressure on them when they face us 🙂

Morning Guys, 🙂

I was disappointed to miss the game yesterday, but having watched the game now, I am not sure I could have stood the tension in the second half.

A strange Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde team we are becoming.

RA. I was hugely stressful but we defended well and in truth apart from the deflection which Ospina saved with his legs the defence were secure.

As AW says, no-one lauds our defensive performance, just N’castle’s dogged attempts

92. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

Don’t forget Ospinas great save from the header right in front of him following a corner. There were a couple of penalty shouts that could easily have been given too.

I’ve had to turn off Sunday Supplement. They really talk sh** on that programme. Worse thing is these people print their opinions in newspapers.

Raddy,

I was not convinced with the defensive performance in the second half, it had shades of the game against the Spuds.

Speaking of the Spuds – not that anyone would want to – each of their 4 goals yesterday were either flukes, or the result of a ridiculous penalty decision. C’est la vie.

I think that is how I saw it too, FGG, and the result could have been very different — it seems that the mid-week heroics caught up with the lads, so a nice rest for those not involved in Internationals will help.

Problem is that a lot of them will probably be in their national squads.

Excellent three points yesterday. Anyone want to write a post for today?

96. fatgingergooner says:

I like the look of Easter and Kozzer together though. The pace they have is fantastic. They just need to develop an understanding and I think Easter needs to bulk up a bit, which I’m sure will have been mentioned to him.

I think Chambers has struggled a bit second half of the season, which is probably due to the amount of games he played early on. He’s going to be a quality player though.

It was strange yesterday because I thought the defenders did well but the lack of protection was evident second half.

97. fatgingergooner says:

RA,

Internationals are a pain in the arse! People think it’s a break for the players but its 2 more games for most of our squad. Hopefully they come back ok.

98. fatgingergooner says:

Is Harry Kane actually good?

I’m not convinced yet. I don’t care how many tap ins and deflected shots he’s scored, he’s not the next Alan Shearer.

99. Good morning Darlings… I got a short one up this morning if AA can’t get it’s act together…an interesting question?

100. ‘morning all, three more points in the bag, goal difference improved by one and another potential banana skin safely, but only just, negotiated.

It seems churlish to criticise but I can be really churlish when I feel like it so…

From what I saw (Sky Sports Highlights) our defending in the second half was somewhat less than assured, as was our ball retention, distribution, when we managed to get the ball, and our play in general. Both our full-backs had poor games, Monreal got skinned a couple of times and Chambers was all over the place. Perhaps it was due, again, to Wenger’s constant tinkering with the back four line-up.

I thought it strange that having said he thought Alexis needed a rest, Wenger started him anyway. Sadly his performance confirmed the manager’s suspicion. Perhaps Ozil’s absence through illness forced his hand.

Well done to Giroud, his two goals and a pretty impressive shift up front, largely on his own, gave us the platform and something to defend. Welbeck was way below his best and missed a sitter.

Well that’s my churlishing done for a week or two, boring international break to come, the Six Nations is over and that crash, bang wallop cricket thing is about to end Down Under.

Roll on the 4th April, Arsenal at home to Liverpool, can’t wait.

101. The blog seems to have died….. was it my link? Come on Raddish.. get a match report up… ffs, we won

Some of us, myself included, here on AA have been long time advocates of video tecnology – it seems that even the Referee’s chief agrees.
    …………………………………………………………………………………….

Referees’ chief Mike Riley: Video technology will prevent errors

Video technology to help referees cut out clear mistakes should be introduced in English football, says referees’ chief Mike Riley.

Riley’s comments came after referee Neil Swarbrick sent off Gareth McAuley instead of Craig Dawson during West Brom’s 3-0 defeat at Manchester City.

Swarbrick has apologised for the error.

“We need to see what technology we can use to help get referees’ decisions more accurate,” said Riley. “Football as a whole has to look at it.”

Speaking about Swarbrick’s error, Riley – head of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL) – told BBC Radio 5 live’s Sportsweek: “All it takes is a split-second lapse in concentration.

“Neil had four or five elements to judge in half a second and it is that type of situation that would lend itself to technology.”

Riley said he had been to the Netherlands with PGMOL performance director Howard Webb, another former referee, to study video assistant technology used in the Dutch league.

“Technology doesn’t provide a solution to everything but we can all think of case where a quick reference to a video replay would help us get the decision right,” he added.

Riley also revealed that he had spoken to Swarbrick “several times” since the City-West Brom match.

“All referees want to make correct decisions and when you don’t do that, you feel you’ve let yourself and your colleagues down,” he said.

“We need to make sure the next time Neil referees, he has learned from the experience and will be a better referee because of it.”

From an emotional viewpoint I would like to see Liverpool crush United and help to keep them out of the CL. However from a logical viewpoint I want United to beat Liverpool to keep us two games ahead of them and therefore improve our chances of a 19th consecutive CL placing.

I guess everybody is at church today?

105. fatgingergooner says:

I can see United getting their arses handed to em here. They are due a big defeat.

106. GN5, however much people may want the introduction of video technology I can’t see it being used in the near future. Both FIFA and UEFA are opposed to it.

Goal line tech was brought in at the start of the season with much hype. Has it ever yet been used to settle a dispute in the Premiership? I’m not sure.

Yesterday’s refereeing faux pas when the wrong player was red carded will ultimately be put right when the suspension is transferred to the “right” player. The fact that a red card was correctly awarded should not be forgotten.

Afternoon all. A very welcome 3 points. I was only following the game on sky sports. It was a narrow scoreline but I didn’t realise quite how tight it was until I saw the highlights just now on MOTD.

One view point is that it was a hard fought away victory after a CL week. The other would be that we still don’t look like we have gelled into a top side that puts these games to bed with little fuss and no nervy endings.

Was it a well earned victory or did we get lucky? I feel we have had a lot of these tight wins with nervy endings this season. Is it a good sign that we can grit these out or is it a sign that we will drop points in the future if our luck runs out?

Something still doesn’t feel right to me with this team. When you look at the names on paper I don’t feel our performances reflect the quality of the players individually. I still feel we are some way from being a side that can put in a proper EPL and ECL challenge. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I love the fact that Ollie is scoring but feel this will now lead towards many fans (as some already are) and AW feeling we have the world class striker we need and not to source a new striker in the summer. I feel this will be our greatest error that could undermine us leading into next season if this happens. I do give Ollie the credit he deserves and have always said he is definitely a player to keep but I am beginning to feel that he will end up being over-rated to our eventual cost.

108. fatgingergooner says:

I meant Liverpool would get a hammering! 😉

Bit one-sided this at the moment. Liverpool don’t look up to much.

I wonder how many fouls Fellaini will be allowed before he gets a booking? He’s already committed three or four in 20 minutes.

There is that, Rocky, and hi to you by the way. 🙂

But it is not just Fellaini and his errant elbow etc, but particularly the ‘Pool defence are getting away with murder – or at least blatant cheating.

All of them seem to have been given implied consent from the ref to put their huge orangutan arms around the Manure forwards and to push and pull as if engaged in a sad-masochistic quadrille.

Anyway, enough of that – I need to go see what my new bestest friend GoonerCamel, and his worms, has to say! 🙂

Morning (afternoon?) Readers

I see Fellaini’s free pass is still working – he’s just had a “stern talking to” for his 10th foul of the game. No card though…

I think the defenders-with-arms-round-attackers thing is almost accepted as normal these days.

Hi GB, 🙂

The drift of my comments about Theo yesterday, [and I hope Chas is not around to take me to task, again, for talking about footbally things, including Theo, rather than hugely interesting smutty vids] – but Theo is symptomatic of matters on a wider topic.

Agitating for change, which leads to change itself, is the only way to progress in life – bovine acceptance of the status quo, thousands of years ago, would have meant we would still be ughhing around dressed in furs and bashing each other on the nogging.
    [I know – some do still do that – but you know what I mean]. 🙂

Football is a little different as the tribal response still holds sway and kicks in if anyone questions one of their treasured sons.

For example, mention that perhaps Yellowpantic might be a better winger than say Fallyover Injured, and any number of fans will bristle and say ‘no he is lovely and so speedy-needy-greedy’ and insist we need to keep him.

Then suggest as an alternative that X might be better than Tweeky Rosicky and the same applies. If you work thru the team, the very people who complain we do not have a good enough team will not countenance any changes to the playing roster.

Obviously it must be the managers fault then. 🙂

I am still in Manchester, Rocky, and anyway – who are you calling Readers, Ricky?

Oh dear — Stevie Me has thrown his boots around and now it’s bye, bye with a card to match his shirt. 🙂

115. fatgingergooner says:

Stevie G’s last act for Liverpool?

I was talking to my readers, Redders. Now I’m talking to you 🙂

Idiocy from Stevie Me. I’m not entirely surprised – he was getting a ton of abuse from the ManUre fans for “effing it up” last season and no doubt that had him fired up. But you’d still expect with his experience that he wouldn’t be so stupid.

Come on ‘Pool – get another one! A draw the best result for us.

Afternoon all, great result yesterday in the circumstances, only the points matter from now onwards. Talking of matters – I said last tie manu played that unfortunately LVG had realised what his team were missing – Mata! and he’s just scored a second.

So now we can view this result as damaging pool’s chances of top 4 and hope we can beat them both at the Ems.

I think Gerrard getting a 3 match ban will help pool, he wasn’t cutting it any way.

…. and just as I type that, Sturridge pulls one back. A draw is the best Arsenal outcome 🙂

Di Matteo. Was it all a con? Gutless, useless and only left footed like…….ooo-er, I’d better stop there! 🙂

121. I’m still in the bar… watching Liverpool United………….. I think Pool will get a draw 🙂 and feck sake… drunk is drunk but I’m drunk. 🙂

I will be the arbiter of your current state, NB.

How many fingers am I holding up? 🙂

To be candid, it is difficult to believe that ‘Piddle are down to 10 men.

They are better than Manure — and as I dislike both so much, that makes it easier to say. 🙂

124. fatgingergooner says:

Not a bad result really. 6 point gap to Liverpool plus about 15 goal difference. Just need to beat them at the Emirates in a few weeks and it’s almost job done and push for highest possible finish.

Rasp, United is an away game.

I am happy to see MU win. We will beat them at OT

Of course, apologies GN5 and Raddy. Well Le Coq dealt with Elbows Fellaini pretty well in the FA Cup, I’m sure he can repeat the performance. We just have to hope for an unbiased ref in that game, Fellaini gets away with far too many fouls.

128. fatgingergooner says:

I’m not sold on Henry as a pundit. He seems to say a lot without actually saying anything!

Rasp,

Atkinson’s decisions were very biased in favour of United.

FGG.

That makes TH14 a typical pundit.

Norfolk,
    Re your 1:31 comment.

I won’t engage you in a circular debate on the use of technology.
    My views are obviously pro and yours are anti. I’m just happy that the Referee in Chief also shares my viewpoint.

Two goals in as many minutes from Hull …. this could get interesting?

133. arnie says:

afternoon all. 🙂

disgraceful from Gerrard. So much for the England captain.

video tech will no doubt reduce some wrong decisions, but wll not change the culture of violent play. that requires a change of attitude, in the first instance of referees.

Hi arnie, I can’t agree 🙂 If the players think they are more likely to be found out by on the spot video replay, surely they will be less inclined to indulge in that sort of behaviour? But more importantly, justice will be done at the time instead of after they’ve played the whole game if the ref misses the incident.

1st half. Hull 14 shots to Chelsea’s 3.

Mourinho reverting to type, dull dull football despite having a team with Hazard and Cesc.

It is almost impossible to play against Hazard – for such a gifted player he cannot help but cheat with all the totally wrong diving.

It brings the game into disrepute and has the stink of Maureen all over it.

I think Maureen should have his collar felt for making obscene gestures at a Hull player.

Michael Oliver very poor today unlike Courtois whose performance won the game for Chelsea.

Thanks for your comment back to me earlier RA, sorry I popped off for…lets see…almost 6 hours…not bad for me. Anyway I think I got what you were saying 🙂

It would be interesting to see who feels we have what we need in certain positions and who feels we need an upgrade or improvement in those positions. Maybe Mr Rasper can propose it as a post. Each of us on A.A can state either “upgrade needed” or “we have what we need” for; GK, LFB, RFB, CB, DM, ACM, wide positions and striker.

140. Hi all

What a shame for Hull, I thought they deserved to get something from that game. Amazing to get back to 2-2 but Courtois is something else – that treble save late on was fantastic agility.

Anyway we’ve now slipped into an International break and so if anyone wants to write a post/some posts they will be gratefully received.

There must be something about Theo we haven’t discussed yet lol

Send them through to arsenalnuts@live.co.uk

Thanks

141. fatgingergooner says:

El Classico. Everything that’s good and bad about modern football.

FGG. Entertaining though. Monkeyboy, world’s most expensive player is back to his form of 4 seasons ago. They will be lucky to get half his fee when they sell him in summer

143. arnie says:

sorry for the disappearance earlier, Rasp. Travelling.

I seriously think there are two problems in the EPL, and both relate to referees. (a) incompetence, and (b) too much leniency towards violent play.

One the first, video tech will provide some justice, but will take English refs backwards to the middle ages. The refs have to up their game, no other way.

On the second, video tech will do nothing. The culture has to change, to take the sport from a combination of rugby and footy to a more beautiful form of the game.

Football is not a war-game. At least, it should not be so.

144. stevepalmer1 says:

One in Nuts, should it be needed. Morning all

145. stevepalmer1 says:

nice clip Chas, a nice one to start the day off

146. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you
    could be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog
    and will often come back at some point. I want to
    encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice day!