The future looks bright, I’ve been gazing at my crystal balls.

A significant 5 -0 victory against Villa following our win at Man City, things are looking up.

That victory was our 5th straight win in all competitions dating back to New Years Day and in fact the defeat that day at Southampton is our only loss in eleven games since the beginning of December plus our collapse at Stoke. A sequence that includes nine wins and a draw.

This week we go to N17 (spit) which is always a tough one, NLD games are, but there is a history of goals and some high scoring games in recent years so I’m expecting a few goals but we will come out of it with the three points on current form I’m certain. Then we have Leicester at the Ems on the Tuesday and only QPR and Burnley have conceded more goals than them. So this could be another opportunity to improve our goal difference. An away trip to Palace in another London derby follows that which again is a game the boys should win given current form and it’s worth pointing out that we also then host Everton and then visit QPR in the next two  before welcoming the Hammers to the Emirates, so  overall we have a promising set of fixtures and we don’t leave the smoke during that period.

Spuds (a) Leicester (h) Palace (a) Everton (h) QPR (a) West Ham (h)

That takes us up to, and including the 14th March. The fixtures following are favorable as well, Newcastle (a) Liverpool (h) Burnley (a) Sunderland (h) which then brings us to Chelsea at the Emirates on the 25th April.  If the Chavs and City have both suffered a dip in form and dropped points, this could be a crunch game for second place, it could be……… couldn’t it?

Which then leaves us four games, Hull (a) Swansea (h) Man Utd (a) and finally, West Brom (h). We could have some changes of dates due to progressing in the FA Cup hopefully, but taking all those fixtures into consideration, I envisage us going on a good run of results for the last part of the season.

These are the difficult games our rivals have to play:

Liverpool have these out of their last 15 games: Everton (a) Spurs (h) Soton (a) Man City (h) Man Utd (h) Arsenal (a) Chelsea (a)

Man Utd: Spurs (h) Liverpool (a) Man City (h) Chelsea (a) Everton (a) Arsenal (h)

City have: Liverpool (a) Man Utd (a) Spurs (a) Soton (h)

Chavs have: Everton, Man U, Liverpool and Soton (h) and Arsenal (a)

Spuds have: Arsenal, and City (h) Liverpool, Man U, Southampton, Everton, (a)

When you compare those against our last 15 games with only Spuds and Man U away and Chavs ad Everton at home. By far we have the best run in………. well I think so anyway, don’t give a bugger for all you doomers 🙂

We have to take into account the FA Cup run to the Final and of course the Champions league, which should, barring a calamity against Monaco, see us reach the quarter final at least. But we nearly have a full strength squad plus the addition of Paul Easter for the back four. If we now remain injury free, who’s to say we won’t be challenging for the top spot come April? If we do get the required results and points, we will be relying on the Chavs, City and Utd dropping vital points, but on recent form, they will I think. Who knows, but at the moment I’m feeling very positive and still think we could nick it if things go our way. If we don’t we’ll at least retain the FA Cup.

northbank1969

122 Responses to The future looks bright, I’ve been gazing at my crystal balls.

1. njstone9 says:

Realistically, we can get third. Given the start we had, and the injuries, that would be a decent result. Especially if Southampton could come fourth and push Man U into fifth.

Paul Easter 😀

I thought we had signed the Archangel Gabriel

3. RC78 says:

NJ – I think Third is indeed realistic. Anything better than that, it is clearly a bonus 🙂

If we can retain the FA Cup, get to the 1/2 of the CL and finish 3rd – it will be a good season. If we do better than this, it will be a great season. In an ideal world, we win the CL and the FA Cup :-p

There is a mood of optimism around the club given our current form but Tottenham, Liverpool and Man Utd are doing very well indeed and we still have to play all three of them including two of them away so let us be cautious.

Tottenham is right behind us and Liverpool not too far away whereas Man Utd is ahead…If we beat Spurs this week-end, it would give us a bit more space to breathe 🙂

4. Just had a wasted trip to FNAC, Monaco tickets are currently ‘unavailable’, whatever that means.

I wrote todays post early yesterday morning thinking that AA ddidn’t have a post for the day. I could have beefed it up a bit with n examination of our rivals games.

Man Utd: Spurs (h) Liverpool (a) Man City (h) Chelsea (a) Everton (a) and Arsenal (h)

City have: Liverpool (a) Man Utd (a) Spurs (a) Soton (h)

Chavs have: Everton, Man U, Liverpool and Soton (h) and Arsenal (a)

Spuds have: Arsenal, and City (h) Liverpool, Man U, Southampton, Everton, (a)

Cheers NB

Let me join other by giving a big “hello” to Paul Easter 🙂

Like others here I’m sure, I reserve a special note of caution just ahead of a NLD away game. Of course we take optimism from our performance away to Abu Dhabi FC, but being a derby and being “them”, confidence and form go on the back burner.

An away win here, or even a draw, followed by a cheeky run of wins against Leicester, Palace, Everton, QPR, West Ham and I believe top four would be effectively secure, allowing us to focus on two glorious cup runs 🙂

Thanks NB, I’ve added those extra lines to your post …..

7. Shubham says:

One game at a time sir. There will be many ups and downs along the way. So focus on the NLD. Hope we turn up with the right attitude. COYG!

Shubham

Definitely agree about one game at a time, but, there are people like me around, and we’re fantasists and speculators.

The transfer window has closed, leaving our lives once again shallow and empty, so we go back into dreamland 🙂

….hm, I don’t know, I think we have the squad to play more than one game at a time. Two at least 🙂

cheers nb, 3rd a defo, but I am not fussed. If we win the CL we get an automatic place in Europe. As long as we finish above the noisy neighbours and win Champiions league, Eddie won’t complain

10. I’m a mug when it gets to this time of the season, especially if we are close. Calculating the remaining games for us and the rivals…. if we win so many, they draw or lose so many dah dah dah……. insane I know, but what can I do, it’s my psychological make up 🙂

11. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks `69er .
    No wonder you`re never on your own site when you`re squatting on here !. 🙂
    I`ve never been one to count my chickens, if the others are still there and not scarpered after I`ve shagged the first one, then it`s a bonus !. hahaha
    One game at a time my fiend, look at some of the twats we`ve already dropped points to !…….and then there`s the injury jinx, I`ve not seen anything in the last 5 years to change my mind that some fcukers will get injured !.
    We all seem to be on a high at the moment, but a loss ( and I`d take a draw now ! ) will see the knives come out again !.

It`s possible that my Arsenal creature habits are the same a few on here…..in that my first port of calls every morning are BBC Gossip column and Arsenal newsnow !….actually my first glance on Arsenal newsnow is always to the column on the right, which is a few lines of general and daft news !. Today the one that caught my eye was …….”Footage has emerged claiming to prove aliens were found in area 51 “.

What do you think ?.

12. The Cockie Monster says:

Ooops !…..wrong aliens !. hahaha

Actually, in the new link, these are much less convincing and less scary and haven`t come to earth to drain all our natural resources of alcohol like the AA`s above !…..AA, that`s….. Alcoholic Aliens !.

13. The Cockie Monster says:

Ox is one of my favourite players and a first choice imo, but please !….if you are not fully fit then don’t play !. 👿

So very true, Cock-a-lok-a Leekie,

In all aspects of your comments – I have been a bit worried that Ant and Duck are lulling us into a false sense of security because they are good guys — but when you meet up for a game and you are not looking – those teeth……those teeth……. maybe one of you could end up being the dinner duck! 🙂

Cheers, NB69.

Far too much optimism on here for me.
    One good result against Citeh and we’re going to win the league. WTF.
    Retaining the FA Cup, winning the Champions League – it’s collective madness. 🙂

One game at a time, sweet Jesus, that’s all I’m asking from you.

A nice Post, Norther, and I like ‘positive’, and in my case — I am not ruling out winning……just ask arnie what I said!! 🙂

17. wally says:

Let’s not count the chickens before the eggs have hatched.

Let’s get thru this weekend with a win while demonstrating some consistency on the defensive side of things. If we can continue to build on that defensive solidity we might have a sniff in the CL but we have yet to demonstrate the defensive nous required to succeed on that stage.

Keep grinding and grinding and we’ll get there.

Anything you say, Alien Master Chas, and take Cockie – he is tastier than me!!

Everything was going well there, Wally, and then your last sentence @ 12:51 could be a disaster with NB 69 around. 🙂

20. wally says:

it’s early here but that was a good laugh to start the day.

NB, you have probably gone off for your afternoon nap by now, but who the hell is Paul Easter?

And bloomin’ Raddy spoilt my Archangel Gabriel riposte – well you know what those Tourist chappies are like.

22. wally says:

chas,
    That vid from yesterday was pretty cool. Two thumbs up

Afternoon all.

One game at a time as Chas says…..pfffft…..I don’t really care as long as we win 15 from 15 and the FACup and CL.

Thanks NB. I have missed commenting on a few posts recently so will take yours into account with recent ones especially Rasps which ties in nicely with yours.

Raddy’s fine pre-match, which I read retrospectively, was uncanny in how I think he pretty much nailed the team that would play.

I really liked LB’s post match report because it had an overall optimistic tone but didn’t go to the extreme of thinking we have permanently fully arrived at the promised land yet.

Whenever we have poor results some bloggers and fans leap all over it and slate Wenger without any objectivity to their argument. Similarly whenever we have a good run many bloggers feel that this was coming all along and the reason it hadn’t happened before now was due to factors completely outside of Arsene’s control. In other words previous poor form was down to pure bad luck and not due to oversights or faults within the management team and board.

I have always felt the truth is somewhere in between. I have played down bad losses if I find objective reasons for them which can be put right. I have also been very critical of Wenger this season when we were putting in poor performances on a consistent basis.

On the positive front we have added appropriately to the weaknesses of our team. A new CB (with pace) and a young DM with great potential. Perhaps the most important has been Coquelin. I know it is a cliche (and one that has annoyed me in the past from Arsene) but he is literally like a new signing. So much so that I was happy, (and felt it was correct), to not buy anyone else at least until the summer, until we assess where we are with Coquelin, Bielik and potentially even Chambers.

If we are to air on the side of optimistic caution (as I am, call it dooming if you like) rather than optimistic euphoria, then I would say that we have experienced many seasons where we have purple patches but don’t sustain it across a whole season. If we start well we fall away, if we start badly we finish strongly. To be EPL champions though you need to be strong at the start, in the middle and at the end.

I genuinely felt in the summer that we should be challenging this year but were let down by not starting the season with any DM improvement or CB improvement. I get the injuries but this bit I felt was not bad luck just bad judgement which left us short and has cost us possibly 7-9 points,i.e still in touch with Chavs and still fighting for the title.

It is not the only reason IMO. I also think Arsene struggled with the balance of the team early on and played players out of position which I feel cost us in performances and subsequently points. Ironically we have played better when we have had less squad options this season than more. I am a tad worried that now we have more options we might see this happen again. Arsene has to be ruthless in who he benches to get the right balance IMO.

Also the Citeh game showed a complete change in tactical formation which Arsene hadn’t bothered with before. Many would like to think we have evolved this season and that it is all part of a big evolutionary plan. I am sorry to say that I feel we have been capable of doing this for some time (and have again dropped unnecessary points because of it), and that it is more revolutionary than evolutionary. Still, spilt milk and all that and I hope this type of tactical consideration is here to stay and is not a flash in the pan.

I would use this approach on Saturday away at Spuds and treat them no differently to Citeh away. I think we are better in quality by some margin but they are decent and any arrogance could see us get a nasty surprise. Be professional and recognise the difficulty of the game and it should provide the platform for our extra quality to win the day.

I don’t think the title is realistic due to the points squandered earlier, (but admire those that still hold out hope), so personally I am more looking for favours from Citeh and Chavs whenever any of them play Pool, Utd, Spuds, Soton. Get 3rd comfortably (no pre ECL qualifying) and focus on F.A cup and ECL.

I am as happy as anyone with the recent results and performances, and the last 3 games showing 10 scored and 0 conceded is hard to argue with. We look the most in form team in the EPL and currently look a match for Citeh and Chavs. If that is genuinely the case then why should we not be considered a realistic winner of the ECL. The Chavs are and so should we as well IMO. The squad and quality is there, and I feel the only thing that could could undermine us will be abandoning our new tactical consideration in more difficult games and / or playing an unbalanced side with players out of position.

Great stuff 69

I wouldn’t gaze to long at your crystals though mate. With the shape of your bonce you make the perfect Tripod, so may end up in a chemistry lab having your algorithms felt.

Your spot on about our chances. What we need is Chelsea to panic, and the way Morinios behaving that could well happen. The mans one fancy dress party away from a straight jacket.

What ever happens, we are on the up and looking good for future greatness.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……….

GB,

When you said; –‘On the positive front we have added appropriately to the weaknesses of our team — I find I am scratching my head trying to figure out why adding to our weaknesses is positive? 🙂

If you tell me that you used to be a honey bee wormer – all will be explained!

GB . Fine comment.

I am in Wally’s camp “Optimism is creeping in, which in the last few years has been a prelude to disappointment. I’m trying to hold out but damn it’s hard.”

Cautious optimism is the order of the day especially with the horrible NLD ahead and the knuckle-draggers in the middle of another run of unfeasible luck

Raddy

“Wally’s Camp?”. I was the one dooming after the Villa game 🙂

Having said that, I do like your interpretation of the knuckle-draggers form as unfeasibly lucky

We need a dose of reality as a leveller

Where’s that clot sniffer when you need him?

Damn, would really like to stop and exchange wise words Mr B, as I’m a doomer as well, but I’ve got to go out and buy some coffee

I think our Lamb has drunk too much Booze and has turned into a wolf………………maybe it’s time to euthanize the poor soul.

34. RC78 says:

Question for all of you – Once Wellbeck is back and fully fit, would you play him ahead of Giroud?

35. eldergooner says:

Love the post NB – nothing wrong with positive thinking – I think !!
    BBC reporting that Akpom has signed a 4 and a 1/2 year deal. More good news.

For me it’s horses for courses.
    The Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez front three looked pretty destructive at one point.

RC78. I guess the answer is …. sometimes (but I think OG is the better CF).

RA @ 2.39. You are quite right with my grammatical error. There should have been the word “address” between “to” and “the”. In my defence I have been writing that comment day and night without break since Monday so mental fatigue obviously crept in.

RC I am a bit with Micky on Welbeck. Potentially he is a top level striker but do similarly accept that this may not transpire. Currently Ollie is the more clinical finisher but if Welbeck can improve his strike rate and clinical edge then IMO he will be the superior player.

If we want to find out if Welbeck can become this he has to play a leading role. It is tricky though because currently what you gain on one hand with either one you lose on the other. As it happens I would stick with Ollie for Saturday as Welbeck is only just back and we are in a position where we don’t need to rush someone back in who may be a bit rusty and slightly off the pace.

Perhaps the bigger question is if Sanchez comes back in who for?. Should we stick with the pacy goal-scoring duo of Walcott and Sanchez playing off Giroud or should Theo make way? If Theo and Sanchez do both start then either Ramsey or Ozil will likely have to make way as it would be difficult to drop Santi on current form. AW has a big call to make to get the balance right.

My gut feeling is he will try and get Santi, Ramsey and Ozil all on the pitch and Theo will give way but I am not sure this gives us the best balance when you lose Theo’s pace and eye for goal.

Compare OGs finishing now to what he showed when he first came to the club. Now add that improvement to all of Welly’s existing attributes (pace, strength, power) that’s a pretty potent striker who will be better than OG. But at the moment OG is the best CF for our system, especially against park the bus sides. I think when we start showing that parking the bus doesn’t stop us anymore our forwars line and the multitude of options will really have fun.

RC

I’d play Danny ahead of Ollie for sure. However, bearing in mind how much I enjoyed the attractive AND deadly football of Liverpool last term, I’d play neither.

Sanchez (who plays striker for Chili) would be my Suarez

Ah but Exile
    You say our system, but we’re playing less possession stuff and more break away, and Danny is faster :-0

I’d still do this

Mesut Sanchez Theo
    …..Santi Aaron
    ………Coq

But I will be alone. Pool didn’t need a hold up player, and nor do we

For tougher fixtures

Mesut Sanchez Theo
    ………Santi
    …..Coq Arteta

And I’m still alone with my madness 🙂

43. Hi all

Thanks for the post nb, I’m hoping we’ve turned a corner and have teams to impress, grind out a result and defend a lead where needed. Obviously the NLD is a beast of a different kind and I’m always nervous and excited all in one go 🙂

Now we need a couple of posts to see us through to Saturday, anyone got anything they want to write up? Can’t guarantee it’ll include a recipe but you never know 😉

44. Good evening ladies

Thanks for all the replies.

Interesting that the majority still think we won’t get higher than 3rd this season and some believe only 4th. I stick with my positive optimism and still go for 2nd and possibly top. I see Chavs imploding and City have some tough fixtures. United are still in a transitional phase with Van Girls tactics and the spuds just won’t do it. Anyway, good to get some thoughts on our chances in the league.

However, as mentioned by a few, I’d rather forego the league if we could win the CL.

45. The Cockie Monster says:

Would this get you excited ?…..anyone ?.

Peaches. One in the loading bay

47. Shard says:

NB

Thanks for the post. I’ve never been one to look too far ahead at the fixtures and try and figure out who will finish where. Too many variables for me, and I prefer to just take the games as they come. However I can appreciate that others like to do that and dream. I prefer to dream without any basis 🙂

Realistically, I think we should finish 3rd. I would say 2nd, but I don’t want Chelsea to win the league so I hope City overtake them rather than fall off. For the other competitions, it seems we have a great opportunity in the FA cup, but along with being favourites, we will also be seen as bullies who spoil the magic of the cup and I worry about the effect of that narrative on referees.

I believe we will win the CL under Wenger. Will it be this year? I don’t know. But we should be able to beat Monaco.

48. Shard says:

LLlllllllet’s play Bamboozle.

49. Shard says:

Raddy

Just yesterday I saw some facts about Denmark and was thinking that I should move there 🙂

You’re welcome to trade places.

50. Shard says:

Eider Gudjohnson’s still playing??

Shard. How about a 6 montth trial next winter? (Not really, Mrs r likes the cold weather)

52. Shard says:

Raddy. That must be some kind of record for the fastest backtracking 🙂

I am sure I can do better 😁

Watching RM. Bale very disappoining. Think we could swap him for Podolski

54. Shard says:

I watched the first half of Dortmund vs Augsburg and caught the last 15 minutes. Dortmund have now lost their 11th match of the league season, from 19. What has happened to them? And how did they still look good in the CL?

Augsburg had Alex Manninger in goal. First Gudjohnson, now Manninger. What year is it?

It is strange what has happened to Dortmund Shard. What is your impression of them results aside? Are they very unlucky or is it something else? There are some supposed top players at Dortmund, some of whom we are linked with, who all seem to be anxious to exit the club, but it has to be noted that they are a big part of this decline. Should we think twice about some of these players now?

Raddy I wonder if Bale has been a bit chewed up and spat out again by Real. If he became available would you want us to seriously consider him. I think I would. I have often wondered if he could play as a striker. He has the pace, strength and goal scoring ability, and I do so like a striker that moves into the wide channels allowing the wide players to move centrally. I can imagine him dovetailing with Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck e.t.c.

Absolutely GB. Bale would be a brilliant signing solving our left sided attacker who can defend. But we will not pay the crazy money or his wages.

Shard. Do you think Klopp has lost it?

Bale isthe shining example of big fish in little pond becoming a little fish in a big pond. Reminds me slightly of McManaman going there and Owen.

Don’t get me wrong he has great talent, can hit a good free kick and has great pace. I think he lacks a trick or two with the ball, and once teams learn how to counter his pace one of his main attributes is gone.

On Dortmund the same could have been levelled at our underperforming players who ended up going this way and that for far greater rewards. a similar thing is happening at Dortmund as happened to us we were limited in spending power because of our stadium, they because their fans hold power on ticket pricing, in an effort to keep up and retain players the club is saddled with losses and debts.

Klopps style demands a lot of his players, and whilst they were young and had come through the ranks with him I think they were prepared to do anything for him, but they have seen their friends go and play at other clubs without the need for such a vicious workfare and they are probably questioning their drive to continue playing that way, whilst also getting older and therefore not able to play that way week in week out.

It’s why I don’t really think Klopp is an answer for us in the future, had it been at the start of our stadium rebuild then maybe yes.

L’pool win after the idiot Dann got sent off. How must Dann feel this morning knowing that his stupidity cost Bolton a famous win?

60. Shard says:

Gooner B and Raddy

Sorry. I asked the question and disappeared but it was really late at night and I don’t remember even switching off the tv. Dammit. Liverpool won.

About Dortmund. I haven’t been watching them this season, so I don’t know. I can only guess. Losing some of their best players every season wouldn’t have helped. Nor would the injuries, which apparently they have had a lot of ( For instance, Reus and Gundogan are only just coming back)

On transfers, they seem to spend roughly what they make, kind of like Arsenal did for so many years. Which I suppose could show that what Wenger has achieved with us for so long is not easy to do.

My guess would be the same as GIE. That the Dortmund players are not as motivated to perform in the league anymore. They’ve been there and done that. They probably got less motivated as things got worse, and the CL remains their escape route. Something worth working hard for. Has Klopp lost it? I don’t know. I think he’s the same. But the situation has changed, and he probably hasn’t with it. Finding effective replacements is not so easy. They’ve scored 18 goals in 19 games. They had 80 in 34 last season with Lewandowski leading the line. He had 20 goals and 11 assists. Immobile has 3 goals and 1 assist so far (and missed a great chance yesterday)

61. Shard says:

I wandered onto Le Grove yesterday, to see what was up. As usual, they cannot give Arsene credit for anything. Pedro in his typical namedropping style quoted Henry Winter saying something like Arsene has not been vindicated, it is the fans, because he has changed.

How can they accuse a man of being stubborn and not listening to anyone, but also changing because of what they say?

Arsene Wenger changed when the situation changed at Arsenal, and now he’s changing again. But self important mugs like to believe they are the centre of the universe.

It’s funny how the list of managers to replace him keeps changing too. Owen Coyle, David Moyes, Roberto Martinez, Paul Lambert, Michael Laudrup, Jurgen Klopp, Brendan Rodgers and who knows who else. All supposedly superior options and/or employed by better boards in more ambitious clubs. Who’s left? Mourinho and Pep Guardiola apparently.

GIE. Who would you say is a good option for taking over from Arsene in the future?

Bloggers on LeGrove would have had Klopp as our Manager, if that’s helpful

63. Shard says:

Can I change ‘self important mugs’ to ‘smug mugs’. Much better 🙂

But to go from a CL Final to bottom of the Bundesliga in under 2 seasons is probably unheard of in any era.

It can’t just be financial constraints or Klopp

65. Bamboozle says:

Shard. If Remy Garde is successful at Newcastle (where he is said to be moving in summer) he could be in the frame for the AFC job.

Wenger will retire in two years and I expect a man with AFC pedigree to succeed him

“smug mugs” 🙂

68. Bamboozle says:

chas 7.13 Further proof of my opinions about cats. LOL

Wow. That is the best comment Sniffer has ever made

72. Shard says:

It’s more common in Germany for clubs to fall off in the league after a few years. I have no idea why this is. Probably something to do with their financial rules meaning other clubs have a chance of catching up.

For instance, Hamburg were almost relegated last year (or was it the year before) Stuttgart seem to oscillate between being top 4 or top 6 to being at the foot end of the table every two years or so since they won the league. Schalke had one season where they finished 14th and reached the CL semis.

Dortmund’s downturn in form is sharper than those sides, but perhaps the injuries, departures, and players’ willingness to play to the tactics could explain that.

That Blue Sea Slug

I mean “get outa here”

AFC v THFC 1996 on Sky 2 now

Raddy

In fairness to that cat, he’d been on the piss

And if you look at those two pathetic dogs on the sofa
    Little goody goodies 🙂

Avenell Road South entrance 1930 apparently.

79. Shard says:

Heroic cat dives in to try and save a dog escape from the box it was trapped in, as two stupid and useless dogs look on.

Haha, love the cat jumping into a box narratives.

Chas
    I could watch that cat clip all day
    He has a seriously good attitude

7.33 Is that Gn5 or Kelsey in the bowler hat?

And any idea who that lovely lady is in 7.24?

Anita Ekberg

Come on Raddy

Back to the cats. Vote time. In your house. Those two pathetic dogs on the sofa or the pissed pussy?

Two pathetic dogs or a pissed pussy? Come onnnn, I know you’re there

90. Warning: Don’t search pissed pussy on Google 🙂

Morning all

Another in the drafts bay for you Peaches/Rasp

Micky. Sorry to disappoint you but cats are completely shit. Wouldn’t even give the hero in that vid houseroom but then I wouldn’t allow those repulsive dogs across the threshold either.

the hero ROLF

You are a tease, NB.

Your 8:35 is a bit like – ‘don’t look now, but isn’t that……….?’ – because there is an almost irresistible instinct to look.

But fear not, I am going to take your advice.

Cats are fantastic animals – and their wild instincts are still there and their owners are tolerated, provided they do what the cat wants.

Dogs are ‘usually’ more tolerant and dependent and, whatever some people say, they do give unstinted love.

I have had both, and loved them all. 🙂

96. Redders

But Cockie and Transplant will be on Google search immediately ha ha

97. I’m really a pussy man but have had a few dogs in my time 🙂

98. As it’s a cute thing today…. here’s my contribution, just for Yvonne 🙂

Morning all. Good tactical piece that Shard put up as a link at 7.49. I had some thoughts on that but wouldn’t dare to spoil “The cats n Dogs non football chatty morning slot”.

Having said that look at how that cat anticipates the flight and pace of the underwear to intercept it before it reaches the danger area……sorry…sorry. I’ll keep quiet now till it has been officially deemed football chat time again.

Can a cat save you at sea or in the mountains?

Can a cat work for the police?

Can cats work in the army? Has a cat received a Victoria Cross?

Is there such a thing as a sniffer cat?

No. Why? Because cats are shit

101. RIP Simon…. the hero cat

102. He was awarded the Dick-in medal 🙂 Raddy would like that

Can a cat work for the police?

I’ve got a very good answer for that one. Is Peaches reading? 🙂

104. Quick then micky, before the new post…..

NB
    I may have incredibly low standards, but I do know what’s good for me 🙂

Shard
    I don’t know who’s side you’re on, but that does not paint cats in a very good light. More of a stupid dog thing to do 🙂

107. Morning morning all

Who’s about? We have two posts about Theo …………. one arguing he should get a new contract and one that we should sell him, shall I run them together?

108. You showed good sense there micky, cos Peaches was lurking 🙂

Peaches, I’d say run them together if they are not too long. The for and against so to speak

109. Shard says:

micky

I’m no no one’s side. I’m Switzerland. Except I’m not rich 😦

Both together 🙂

Ok, confessions time. I love golden Labradors

It’s been a struggle but ….

…. New and very long post …….

112. This is what would help you get that support you need
    in Vine. If you are having more information related to Facebook
    Subscribers please share it with us using the comments section below.
    Signing up to become an affiliate is free at most places, and almost every company
    that you buy from online will allow you to promote their products.

113. What makes it successful is if the rents are paid
    on time and on a regular basis. Karachi is the city of lights, which is
    undoubtedly the business hub due of Pakistan and its importance is
    doubled due to the major shipping seaports located here.
    However, like home insurance plan, even riot coverage has the
    liability aspect.