Arsenal’s Season A Disaster So Far!

We are 60% of the way through a campaign that not so long ago was dubbed Arsenal’s worst start to a Premier League season.

After 23 games in 2013/14 we had briefly dropped to 2nd in the table having occupied top spot for 12 weeks. We returned to the top the following game for a further 5 weeks before slowly sliding down the table to finish 4th …… oh really Sherlock I can hear you say (or words to that effect)

But would it surprise you to know that in terms of an exact comparison to last year i.e. the same fixture against the same team home or away, we are actually only 1 point worse off – and yet currently occupy 5th place.

The tables and graphics you see down the right hand side of your screen give a range of statistics that compare our performance to last season. I have added 2 extra columns to the ‘Comparison of fixtures’ widget to show how many points we have gained or dropped in the equivalent fixture this season.

astats 2

From this you can see that we are 2 points worse off in our home games and 1 point better off in the away fixtures, making a net deficit of just 1 point …. not exactly a disaster.

Moreover, we currently have the strongest squad for a decade and contrary to last season, we have players returning from injury and very decent cover in all positions.

FGG made this observation after the Villa game …….. “5-0 and we still have this team who didn’t start today”…….

Szscesny
Debuchy     Chambers     Paulista     Gibbs
Arteta
Campbell     The Ox     Wilshere     Sanchez
Welbeck

Fair enough this includes some currently injured and one on loan, but I could see that side finishing in the top half of the table – when could we last say that about Arsenal’s so called second string?

After 23 games this season we have 42 points – that’s the same points total as Southampton in 4th, and just 1 behind them on goal difference. We are 1 point behind Utd who are 2 behind us on goal difference. That means that if we win next weekend and Utd and Southampton lose or draw, we go 3rd.

2014 2015

The side is returning to full strength and our form is improving every game. We have improved the squad with the addition of Sanchez, Welbeck and Gabriel Paulista, and also seen a marked progression in Bellerin and Coquelin, both of whom I expect to feature regularly for the rest of the season.

It would not be unreasonable to expect us to gain at least as many points in the remaining fixtures this season as last. That would add 36 to our total  of 42 giving 78 points, which would comfortably get us in the top 4, probably 3rd with even 2nd still a possibility if City fall away.

So it’s all to play for now for the rest of the season. Not only do we have the strongest squad for a long time but one where there is very little to choose from in terms of quality between the 1st and 2nd choices in most positions.

Competition for places is a good thing. We have the strength in depth to allow for squad rotation without fear of significantly weakening the team as our victory over Villa showed. There are no prima donnas in the dressing room, morale is high and the belief is returning.

We’ve had a relaxed of transfer window. We’ve secured the important early signing of Paulista with no need for further additions. We’re nicely set up for a strong push to the end to the season with the possibility of retaining the FA Cup and progressing to the QF of the Champion’s League ….. after that, who knows?

Strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride, you may well be pleasantly surprised by the end of this ‘disastrous’ season.

Rasp

166 Responses to Arsenal’s Season A Disaster So Far!

I should point out that AA stalwart Gooner In Exile has a much more definitive set of stats regarding the comparative games that covers all PL sides. GiE’s infamous ‘swingometer’ has furrowed many a brow. It wasn’t painting a pretty picture earlier in the season but maybe we should reinstate it at this point?

2. North Bank Lew says:

Glass half full indeed……things could get interesting from here on in. Loving the stats…

It feels a bit like the good old days with a very timely Rasper Post. 🙂

Back in the summer I was going thru the usual angst of ‘will we, won’t we’ as the transfer window laboured thru the seemingly never ending days of speculation, and when we bought Alexis Sanchez I just could not wait for the season to get underway.

There was a sense of anti-climax when our Herman the Germans were given an extended break to recover from their WC exertions, and somehow the results were a little bit comme ci come ça, and the usual injury roster did not help.

Sanchez was an immediate success and Mr Wenger seemed to have done it again, and we had some really good games and some not so much. The pundits and the naughtier Arsenal fans were predicting another fallow season, with not even a 4th place to lighten the gloom.

But we dug in, and here we are at the beginning of February in joint 4th and with an increasing momentum that promises a sterling climax to the season.

Thanx for reminding us, Rasp, that there is still a lot to play for, and much to argue about, and to hypothesize endlessly as to which players will get into the team, and what positions they will play.

Can’t be bad! 🙂

Hi Redders, I think from this point forward, Arsene is the one who makes the difference. We have the players, we just need to find the right team for the right game.

TH14 has observed that the 2 most important factors that have led to our current improvement are Coquelin sitting in front of the back four and Santi playing centrally. I hope AW continues with this policy whilst resting the players when circumstances allow.

5. Lovely stuff Rasp

I’m in a positive mood as well… with the Chavs to play at home and United the penultimate game, we could see a very dramatic end to the season with us snapping at the ankles of whoever is in first place. Bring it on 🙂

Agreed NB, I didn’t want to go too far down the speculation road as we have an excellent post on the subject coming up tomorrow 🙂

Rasp: Lovely positive post.

IMO this shows how unlucky we were with injuries early in the season. We lost points to teams which we should have hammered thanks to players not being available or in form.

Still, onwards and upwards

Oh and just to make you feel old. This was released 40 (yes … 40) years ago this week

A great song Raddy with a singer who wouldn’t have made it to the auditions of X Factor 🙂 You could add Ray Davies, Bryan Ferry and David Bowie to the ‘not the best singer’ lists – but what a loss it would have been had they been judged in this era. I’m bored with great singers, I like to hear character in a voice.

10. RC78 says:

Let us see where we end up and let us also look back with Tottenham only 2 points behind and Liverpool 4 points behind.

Both of these teams are looking better and sharper. Liverpool has Sturridge back and Tottenham has a fine solid squad.

If we lose to the Spuds, Tottenham leaps in front of us and if Liverpool wins, they will be only one point behind us…

I think the race to Top 4 will be the closest in years.

The good thing is that our squad is looking strong, morale is good and our calendar is “OK”.

Anyways, the point of this message is to say that we also need to look into our rear mirror because there are two dangerous teams lurking behind us…

Rasp. This album was released 40 years ago this week. Another fellow who wouldn’t have got through the first X Factor audition…

12. eldergooner says:

That’s a cracking post thank you Rasp. Me and a couple of gooner mates were almost there with that yesterday afternoon – positive heads on I mean . Unfortunately BR then went and put a big black cloud over my head with the info that it’s 40 years ago this week since that song was released. I was bloody old then so imagine how I feel now. Like the song and not heard it for ages but while it made me smile listening to it again it has left a real sense of melancholy. Bit of spud bashing on Saturday will cure that I believe.

13. RC78 says:

I may be a pessimistic but

– I would be delighted with the following: 3rd in the EPL, 1/2 Final CL and a FA Cup Win

– I would be content with 4th in the EPL, 1/4 Final CL and a FA Cup Win

– I would be upset with anything less…

ElderG. Sorry but I thought I should share my melancholy that I was a grown up when that was released 😀

RC78 “Tottenham has a fine solid squad” ? 😆

They’ve got arguably 3 top players in Eriksen (when he can be bothered), Kane (flavour of the month) and Loris (off in the summer) …. all the rest are mediocre and inferior to our equivalents …. just saying 😛

Fair point. How many of the Spurs first 11 would get into ours? One – Loris

17. RC78 says:

Rasp – What about Walker (he ll be back in shape soon), Verthongen, Chadli and Lamela?

On their days, Paulinho and Dembele can be also quite a force in the midfield.

More than the individiuals, Pochetinno has now (like he did in Southampton) managed to make them work (esp. defensively) as a team…which is crucial as we know…

I wouldn’t swap any of those you mention for our players RC78 🙂 They do play reasonable football on occasion, but there is nothing to fear there.

RC,

Never look back – history is done, and cannot be changed, whereas the would-be winners only see the finishing tape.

Let the other teams worry about us.

20. RC78 says:

I think all of the teams are worried about Arsenal right now…They know we are stronger and playing better…The question is – if Coquelin and Kos get injured for the rest of the season, would we still be at the same level? Up front, we have lots of options so I am not the least worried but at the back, we still lack a bit of quality especially at the DM position.

Can I say that I really miss Kelsey (aka Crystals) and to read his take on things, and hope he gets back soon – even if it only to disagree with me!! 😀

Get well soon, Oh Hirsute One.

Thanks RC, I think all the top teams have 2 -3 players who their fans would say are really important, but we have a strong squad and if Coquelin were to get injured, Arteta will be back soon (he’s different in style but very effective in the side) and I think Paulista was brought in precisely to cover us if the likes of kozzer were to get injured.

23. eldergooner says:

RC78@1034 says,”I may be pessimistic”. You’re right !!!

Rasper,

I have had a quick look back at Posts and comments in the early part of the season.

The Arsenal performances were a bit like the curate’s egg, good in parts – but there is no disguising the fact that we were all feeling anxious about the bits that were bad.

Some fans are still of that opinion – as a swift trip around other bogs would confirm.

Me? I am optimistic and will enjoy the ride from now until the end of the season, as you were suggesting. 🙂

Hi eldergooner,

There is a young man of 90 years of age who regularly blogs on another site (ACLF) and like you he always talks a lot of sense – which is more than many of the younger brigade manage. 🙂

26. RC78 says:

Rasp – I think Arteta is not so adequate and I am hoping that Paulista will do the job but he s not proven anything yet at the EPL level so let us wait and see…

OSPINA / PiG
    DEBS, Bellerin
    BFG, Chambers
    KOS, Paulista
    GIBBS, Monreal
    COQUELIN, Arteta, Flamini
    RAMSEY, Wilshere
    CAZORLA, Rosicky
    OX, Walcott, Gnabry
    SANCHEZ, Ozil
    GIROUD, Wellbeck, Akpom

Not bad…we are getting there…

Thanks Redders, that was kinda the point of the post …. we have absolutely no reason to be pessimistic at this juncture …..

28. RC

I think the percieved wisdom is correct, as long as we get the results we know we can, then there is no need to look over our shoulders at who we leave in our trail. As for players from the Spuds in our team… I don’t think any would even be bench warmers… Lloris peut-etre, but that’s because I’ve always liked him as a person. 🙂

Excellent, Rasper.
    All to play for.
    Too many draws against shite like Leicester, Hull and Totteringham have done for us so far.

p.s. I knew you’d try to slip one past me. We haven’t played Burnley away. I only know because I’m hoping to get a ticket! (Not that it changes anything on your graphic, either). 🙂

Doh!!! damn you chas 😛

I might have known you’d find a mistake … It was Burnley at home then?

Have you noticed that with the site font ‘r’ alongside ‘n’ looks like ‘m’?

Bumley is fine by me. 🙂

I don’t know what you’re talking about – I’ve just checked it and it all looks perfect to me 😛

Musta got it wrong. 🙂

Strange how Chambers was virtually an ever present at the start of the season.

When I started watching that last one I thought Welbz was Chuba.

I was at that game – how could I have forgotten ???

And who says therapy can’t help bloggers?

Top positive posting Rasp.

Keep attending the sessions they are clearly working 🙂

Thanks LB

You may recall that I have consistently said that we have the players, it was gelling them into a team that was the problem – particularly in the midfield.

The injuries to Jack and Ozil have allowed Santi to move centrally and Arteta’s loss led to the recall of Coquelin; both of which have improved us as a team.

Like you (I’m assuming), I believe Ozil can fit into our best midfield …… but Jack less so 😕

40. arnie says:

lovely reminder, Rasp, that all is not bad. 🙂 the prpoblem is that we fans expect the good guys to win all the trophies. and we are dissatisfied with anything else. 🙂 🙂

as for me, I dont care so much for the EPL. We have won it many times, and will do so many more times in the future as well. 4th place trophy will be fine.

but I expect us to win the CL. and on top, this year as well. 😛

the final frontier. COYG. 🙂

41. RC78 says:

Jack has now become second choice to Ramsey. It is an interesting battle for starting spot – two young talented British players full of potential. So far Ramsey has started to fullfil since last year but he should definitely deliver more. It is up to him and his health now to take back his spot in the starting XI.

42. RC78 says:

Arnie – if we win the CL this year, I will come to London and run in my boxers from St-Pancras to Trafalgar Square!

Hi arnie, at the start of the season I would have said you were mad, but the recent glimpses of something special developing tempt me to think that we could spring a few surprises in the CL – but next season is the one where I really expect us to hit the ground running.

‘arry’s resigned (been given the push more like) ….. sad loss to football 😆

RC78, that’s an every day sight in London … you’d have to do it without your boxers to impress 🙂

Enjoyed reading your post Rasp.

It’s been close to a decade since we had such a strong squad going into the 15 game of the season.
    I can see no reason why we should not end up with a trophy.

Here are the stats for the last 11 games as you can see we have scored the most goals and have gained the most points out of the top 8 teams.

I just hope they copy over to word press??

GP- W- D- L- GF- GA- GD- Pts
    Arsenal 11- 8- 1- 2- 24- 10- 14- 25
    Man U 11- 7- 3- 1- 20- 6- 14- 24
    Man C 11- 7- 3- 1- 22- 10- 12- 24
    Pool 11- 7- 3- 1- 18- 9- 9- 24
    Spurs 11- 7- 2- 2- 19- 13- 6- 23
    Chelsea 11- 6- 3- 2- 22- 12- 10- 21
    WHU 11- 5- 3- 3- 15- 11- 4- 18
    Saints 11- 5- 1- 5- 13- 11- 2- 16

Ouch a bit of a mess but they can still be understood.

Arseblog interviewed John Devine today.
    This was Devine’s first contract £8 rising to £10. 🙂

49. Bayonne Jean says:

Twitchy’s reason for resigning (from the Guardian:

“Sadly I need immediate surgery on my knee which is going to stop me from doing my job in the coming weeks. It means I won’t be able to be out on the training pitch every day, and if I can’t give 100% I feel it’s better for someone else to take over the reins.”

‘Arry resigning because he can’t demonstrate those Cruyff turns to the lads?? More likely because he needs the time to work on this year’s tax return.

Definitely a good idea to nip it off at 11 games, GN5. 🙂

Yea Chas I chose not to go back into our poor result period.

But what I wanted to highlight was the fact that we are the current “in form” leaders. After the Spurs game we have six very winnable games before we play Liverpool at home.

I really feel that we have the squad and temperament to pick up a trophy this season, although I will not be shocked if we don’t as like Rasp I feel that 2015/16 will be the season where it all fits together for us.

54. arnie says:

RC78. 🙂 Please choose a warm sunny summer day. a rarity, and forecasts are no good. 😛

Redders. You said so at the beginning of the year. And I think you were right. 😛

Bayonne,

I think you were being a bit disrespectful when you said; – ‘More likely because he [‘Arry] needs the time to work on this year’s tax return.’

You know full well his dog does it! 🙂

Hi arnie, 🙂

Hope the Land of the Brave is treating you well? 🙂

GN5,

You are a stats machine – perhaps you should become a partner in Exile’s firm – the pair of you would revolutionize the stats market!! 🙂

This site is quite useful for Form Guide.
    You can change the number of games the calculation is done over.
    12 or more it’s ManU
    7 or less it’s the dippers.
    Even the chuffin spuds are top if you take it over 9 games. 😦

All of the above Rasp and we still have The Ox to return 🙂

Thank you, upbeat stuff, and why not. I still believe we have only played to our potential in very small bursts this season, and I’m not sure that we’ve ever done it over a full 90, so the potential is phenomenal

I am putting brakes on my own levels of expectation but as usual, it’s the journey that is the most fun.

GIE is far better at complex data bases than I am RA, I still use a lot of the old Lotus 123 formulas. If we worked together he would Exile me.

GN5
    Your numbers are understandable, Exile’s are other worldy 🙂

62. bamboozle says:

We were rubbish last season and we are exactly the same this season.
    So what is your point?

You’re not enjoying the journey are you Mr B? 😦

I think that he is simply bamboozled.

Sorry Micky & GN5, I’ve just rendered your comments meaningless by using the Vapona 🙂

I like his comments, Rasp, makes me feel good about myself 🙂

67. arnie says:

Redders. 12 inches on Sunday. Need I say more? 😛

Ok, we’ll toy with him then 😆

69. bamboozle says:

Still a million miles away from competing for the title and comparing the losers of last season to the losers of this season is fuckin ridiculous…

You said that already …

71. bamboozle says:

I say next season will be a 4th place finish for Arsenal.
    What you say?

Almost exactly 3 months ago we beat Galatasaray 4-1 with Welbz getting an excellent hat-rick, Now he is unlikely to get on the bench!

Very interesting article in The Guardian about trolls.

Sniffer, why don’t you read it and then get some help.

Mr B
    4th place is a trophy but the truth is that in real life I completely lack ambition.

Raddy
    I still believe Danny will be the best CF at the club, and he was beginning to prove it for both Arsenal and England

75. bamboozle says:

I think you need to take the log out of your own eye before looking at the speck of someone else’s eye

rasp – what got into you??!! Drugs, sex, money, all of it 🙂

It seems that we will have some good times between now and May, well overdue if you ask me. The players can sense that too and are up for the challenge. Their confidence could be key in winning all of the remaining fixtures, I cannot see a better team in EPL, amazing!

The CL should still be our priority and ultimate trophy. I could see myself celebrating….I think I would go quite mad..yeah, I definitely would

I don’t agree with you about RC78 running naked in London, that would give media excuse not celebrate the CL with us

take the leg out of your own eye?? what the feck is that??

this could be an idea for a conversation starter type of post:

How would you celebrate if we won the CL?

This is what the article says …

“Trolling enjoyment was very strongly associated with a sadistic personality, and was also correlated with Machiavellianism and psychopathy. In fact, further statistical analysis revealed that most of the Dark Tetrad correlations with internet trolling were because of overlap with sadism.

So basically, the study shows that people write nasty comments because they enjoy harming others. Big deal, right?

Actually, the study may have some interesting implications. Since a sadistic person is characterised by being vicious and degrading toward others (sometimes physically), it’s possible that the internet allows them to redirect their energy. If they’re inflicting harm through anonymous words, perhaps it’s preventing them from doing something much more destructive in person. On the extreme end, and unsurprisingly, sadism is commonly seen in sexual offenders and serial killers.”

…. no mention of the small penises …

Hi Eddie, I just tell it as I see it. I can still moan, but I am genuinely optimistic and looking forward to the rest of the season…… until we play like muppets again and take a lesser team for granted 😆

81. bamboozle says:

You have a complex issue if you think my comments are nasty.
    I am just keeping it real unlike you fantasists.

bamboozle, just chill out and explain that leg in the eye thing – what does it mean?

bamboozle

Genuine question. Why keep hanging around Arsenal while you know we’re not going to be top dog. I realise we’re no Real Madrid or whoever and am fine about it, but Arsenal have never been the biggest club, so why don’t you marry the reality with reasonable expectation?

You’re not helping Eddie 🙂

Leg in the eye!
    PLMSOL ROLF.

86. bamboozle says:

micky

Spoken like a true Spud supporter.

87. bamboozle says:

eddoe

Take off your rose tinted specs, Arsenal play in red

He’s got you there micky 😀

It’s easier for a troll to pass camel dung than to own up to his own sadistic logs.

Thats no excuse Rasp. I have a narcissistic pyschotic personality, but have never trolled anyone.

I also have a lower than average sized penis. Thats why I holiday in Borneo.

Lovely post Rasp

i can see great things for this team. I agree next year we will win the title, but we can have a great season this year too. Champions League and FA Cup double is on

micky – who needs help???

92. bamboozle says:

TMHT

No matter how flippant your statement is,I wager with you £10.000 that Arsensl will not win the league next season

Firstly, you havent got £10 grand

And secondly, i need that money fro my Borneo trip. I may be bigger than average out there, but i still got to pay for it

94. bamboozle says:

TMHT

Don’t tell me what i haven’t got, just back up what you say with some hard cash or just stop blogging as your attempt at humour is derisory, a bit like your lord and master Wenger.

God I love this site 🙂

I know you aint got it. Job Seekers Allowance increase is below inflation these days.

Besides, I wouldnt take your money. I only con and swindle those who I admire and have affection for. That way, they never know its me.

97. Transpant is the biggest fecking troll going, but I don’t mean that in ‘La Verge’ sense. He trolls my bloody blog all th time, leaving derisory and inflammatory comments…. but unlike on here, we ignore him 🙂

Every now and again it is therapeutic to read Sniffer. It makes me feel so much better about myself.

Terry 😀

99. bamboozle says:

Depression can be a debilitating at the best of times especially when you watch Arsenal

who’s that hunk?

101. Eddie

I thought it would someone resembling Bamboozle

blimey, some unhappy fans calling TSR about Arry – they hate him from Southampton to North London, reckon he simply destroys clubs wherever he goes

Twatter talk says that Chubby and CoqBlock have signed or are on the verge of signing new contracts.

Beware bad language

He was right about Fat Frankie though. Shame it wasn’t for West ‘Am.

106. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Nice one Rasper.
    I feel Arsenal have turned the corner, Injuries have been very cruel to us over the years , but the charge is on the cards with many injured returning, If i was a player and signed to Arsenal with this bunch of players, i would cherish the chance to give my all. Many good players and beginning to gel.

Wenger has been busy plugging the holes, taken him long enough and could still enlist a few more, but that’s for the summer. Stats tells the story, but not always the real story.

Arsene has had his hands tied behind his back, every body knew that but still they tried to shame him. Wenger never said too much in return, seldomly did he whinge about his lot, Never blaming players or his employers, although many outsiders voiced their two penath. What Wenger has achieved is almost miraculous Champions league qualification for all these years Knowing full well with certain players brought he could have had a Champiopns League winning team.

Supporters year after year saying fourth is not a trophy, but for Arsenal it was. £30 million a year has helped finance the club and also allowed frugal spending, but still this man has kept Arsenal at the top of the league.

Now the purse strings have been loosened, Arsenal sit healthy and thriving, and the squad are now very competitive, Climbing up to our usual fourth spot and within touching distance of the leaders is very satisfying, and with the wealth of talent at his disposal who knows what he may achieve.

Personally, i feel that Champions league is now a good possibility, the FA cup is there for the taking, and the Premier league also a Possibility. This team are growing in confidence the once young players are now experienced not old but older with cup experience, last years FA cup took the monkey off our backs and has instilled in this squad that they can now win trophies.

It would be very negative to say our goals could not be reached, many are saying next year, but don’t be fooled, this is the start and i believe this is the year, Wenger will push them and expect results, many waiting in the wings for a nod and every bodies aware, Its up to them, they have the cover they have the players and of course we still have Wenger.

Nice assessment, Steve.
    So Wenger has taken his time to plug some holes with his hands tied behind his back.
    Sounds a bit like one of Terry’s trips to Borneo.

Chas, 🙂

arnie @ 4:33,

You said;

— ’12 inches on Sunday. Need I say more?’

That is out-bragging even Norther!! 🙂

Now I can post this:

Swingometer update we are now -1 against last seasons results to this stage.

Worst season ever!!

Position Team Pld Swing Prediction
    1 Chavs 23 6 92
    2 Shitty 23 4 90
    3 Arsenal 23 -1 77
    4 Spuds 23 2 73
    5 ManUre 23 3 69
    6 Saints 22 4 62
    7 Orcs 23 5 59
    8 Dippers 23 -16 59
    9 Swansea 22 6 53
    10 West Ham 23 8 51

Now what’s really important is matches left and possible points to claim or improve we need 37 points from the next 15 games. Doable but there are some toughies in there, Chavs home, Manure Away, Spuds Away and Dippers Home. If we can get 7 from those 4 we have 11 games to get the other 30….that’s actually going to require quite a run of form.

Thanks GiE, I didn’t mean to steal your thunder, I had already written todays post when you put the comment above up in yesterday’s discussion.

NB69 has written a review of our prospects for the remaining games for tomorrow.

113. arnie says:

Redders. ha ha ha 🙂

Chas. That Coq tackle brought a big smile to my face. fantastic. when I saw it live, I remembered someone on AA saying (was it Norfolk?) that the tackle was a lost art form. COYG. 🙂

Nice bit of research Rasp.

And a nice positive Post 🙂

Anyone got any idea why I’m having to log back in to WordPress for every comment?

Hi Rocky, can’t shed any light on that except it’s the sort of thing we’ve come to expect from WordPress once in a while 😕

Rasp no worries.

Rocky….check cookies settings, also sometimes after OS.update on phone it seems to forget that I want to be remembered on WordPress, once I click the “remember me” box I stop having to sign in.

118. Good morning ladies

Where’s the morning crew?

Yes, it is a good morning

I just bought a ticket on the exchange for Leicester. You may think that’s good, but at £34.50 I think it’s a bleedin’ bargain, and again, you may think that’s good, but wait….

It’s JC’s seat. Yip. Nest to Ant ‘n Duck. The Boys with The Teeth 🙂

Tough luck Fellas!

Exile
    I was feeling pretty warm and gooey about our prospects until I read your comment.
    30 from 33 points? Ouch

First snow for 20 yrs in Toulouse. Blimey

And aetheists say that thing evolved by accident. Yeah right!

Could have been designed by Dyson. The new generation of smart hoover. I’d get one

Nice one, DidIt.

Don’t be confused by GIE’s numbers.
    We probably won’t need anywhere near 79 points to get into a CL spot this season.
    Last season after 23 games the chavs had 50 points and were in 3rd.
    This season the mancs are in 3rd with 43 points.

Chas
    I see your seats are end of aisle. Does that mean you have to keep upping and downing like a whores drawers for the people to “catch their trains” 🙄

Micky
    There’s a bit of that but squats are good for the glutes #flipit

What’s a squat
    What’s a glute
    What’s a hashtagflipit

And finally, do you talk like this during a game, because I may review my plans and make alternative arrangements

Watch this a for couple of minutes….

Ok, I’ll rephrase it.
    Yes sometimes there’s a bit of standing up to let some folks out so that they can see the re-run of Eastenders.
    It also gives you great access to the gents. 🙂

Also Chas’s seats have good leg room so a bit of a swivel can let people out, be prepared for the misery guts there are two from memory, one a couple of rows in front and one steward.

Why do you say “folks”
    Are you American?

And I do not have a weak bladder 🙂

Right, video

134. “It also gives you great access to the gents.”

Do you have seats in the Gay Gooner section then Chas? 🙂

Ah Exile, I was wondering where Misery was. In front eh? Very handy. Is he a skinhead? Please say yes.

‘folks’ is a bit of a Midlands thing.
    I like it personally.
    GIE
    There’s been so much less misery where we sit the last few games. 🙂

Deeply envious of Micky’s adventure to THOF and sitting next the Ant & Duck. We will need a travelogue.

Bastard cold here. Snowed yesterday and iced up during the night. Seriously considering moving to India but Shard lives there and there isn’t room on the sub-continent for the two of us 🙂

Soixante-neuf
    Trust you to associate toilets with cottaging.

Hypnotic surfing vid. with appropriate music (at least the first 5 mins then it all goes tits up).

Micky
    You’ll love the ‘skinhead’ in front.
    He always shouts at the early leavers for half-time refreshments or early trains to
    ‘GET OUT THE WAY, I’M TRYING TO WATCH THE GAME, I DIDN’T PAY TO LOOK AT YOUR BEHIND’.

Both the steward and the two moaners down the row have been beautifully quiet of late. 🙂

Someone on twatter said they’d seen a justification of the fans behaviour at Stoke station as that it had worked, forcing Wenger to change.

BR
    I did say watch it for a couple of minutes. Don’t you trust me?

Think Chas is correct on points required, look at swingo, and we can see that others are going to have nowhere near 79 points, so 70 probably enough for 4th and 74 for 3rd.

Because everyone else has to achieve a similar points haul to us to get/stay above us. And everyone has to at least play 4 big 6 games.

Evolved by accident, yeah right.

The blobfish above is a striking resemblance to him that sits in front of us.

That blowfish bears a striking resemblance to Shawcross

146. Please stop all this talk of moaners, misery guts and blobfish at the Emirates, you are putting me off my first visit to the Ems in April, i’ll probably end up having a fuckling fight 🙂

Brilliant vid. Thanks Chas
    Amazing.
    The longest wave is in Peru. About a mile!!! And the longest ride is on The Amazon Bore

Ha ha
    The Blobfish looks understandably miffed with his lot in life. No silver spoon there

I keeping scrolling back to that Blue Glowing Coconut Octopus

The dog’s swingers, and he knows it

150. Wrong one bugger……. try again

Ant and Fucks dog

151. You know that was meant to be Ducks don’t you 🙂

I like the grumpy old git in front of Chas & Ant. He is right in shouting at those arriving late and leaving early. Gave me a hug after some goal!

It is the Quiff and his dad that are dickheads, abusing the team

153. Right, I’m off to FNAC to try and get a ticket for the Monaco game

laughing dogs 🙂 definitely Vines relatives

We have a New Post ………………………