The Wenger Stadium? Vote

At his news conference this afternoon Alan Pardew stated the Arsenal should name their stadium after our manager. He thinks that AW’s work and transfer policy has paid for our move.

What do you think? If you had the choice what would the stadium be named (apart from your own name!!)

My first choice would be The Arsenal Stadium. Simple, accurate and rolls of the tongue.

So, let’s take a quick vote on it

76 Responses to The Wenger Stadium? Vote

1. The Cockie Monster says:

Who the fcuk voted for …..The Something Else Stadium ?.

” Over to The Something Else Stadium where our commentators are John Motson and Terry Transplant ! ”

Motters : ” Looking forward to this Terry and I see you`re wearing your Wenger mask and Wenger fist puppet, but you are you looking a bit down, Terry ! ”

Transplant : ” Yes Motters !….. I wanted this beautiful Stadium to be called the…..I love Arsene Stadium ! “.

2. beje says:

That would pretty weird if we name our stadium “The something else Stadium”.

3. I know, this was written a bit tongue in cheek and we all love a poll, as well as a Pole, but the naming of our new home was done purely on the strength of the amount of money offered. Emirates Airlines came up with the dosh and Robert was my father’s brother!

Given the choice I’d prefer “The Arsenal Stadium”, but as money is the be all and end all, if the highest bidder wants to call it “Constantinou’s, Kebab, Burger and Taramasalata Arena” I guess the owner would go along with it, and the poor old supporters wouldn’t get invited to give their opinion.

On a serious note, once the great man has retired, I’d have no objection to calling one section of the ground The Arsene Wenger Stand.

beje 🙂 you are the one to speak with a name like that 🙂

The Arsenal stadium sounds best, but we could not pay a better tribute to Arsene than naming our stadium after him. I’d love that, proper old fashioned respect seldom seen in football these days

Norfolk. I care, so do many football fans. Look what happened up at Newcastle.

Whilst appreciating that Arsenal is a business we should uphold the traditions of the club and not have a sponsor name the stadium.

I will not wear the kit with advertising on the shirt – especially one that promotes a corrupt country’s national airline, Why should I be an advertising board for anyone?

This should have been left for Rant Friday 🙂

6. Just a little bit off topic here, but I thought some of the AA regulars might be interested.

There was some interesting news this morning, a drug called Tadalafil is to be given to British pensioners to see if it can aid memory and so fight off Alzeimers disease. The drug works by dilating blood vessels and so aiding blood flow, it is hoped that increasing the blood flow to the brain will result in a slowing of the development of dementia.

Dr Atticus Hainsworth, said that “The drug Tadalafil is widely used to increase blood flow in penile tissue. Now we’re asking whether it can do the same for another vital organ – the brain.”

Around fifty volunteers are being sought to take part in the trials, which if successful will conclusively prove the link between a mans brain and his penis.

7. Ouch! I was only joking, BR, honest!

8. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon All.
    Emirates Stadium has been the name from the beginning Personally i like the Name, and i am not one who likes to see things change. Ok Emirates insisted on the name to start off with, but when Islington council never helped us at all, and this organisation has i would leave it as it stands.
    Of course if i were to change it, it would be |New Highbury stadium.

I suppose Arsene Deserves a lot of credit, He has been like a modern Herbert, but i would put a statue or possibly name a stand after him.

NG – Americans are stupid beyond belief. They conducted studies about nutritional values of soups. After years of research they arrived at the same conclusion that my uneducated grandmother had – they are excellent for your health. Well, had my grandmother been alive today she would tell you straight away that of course there is an intrinsic and permanent link between men’s dick and his brain

NG. Just having a rare serious moment. I must be getting hormonal

That’s actually quite a funny post.

I voted for the Wenger Stadium and chuckled to myself at the thought of how many people that would annoy.

12. LB, I was going to suggest “The Arsene End”, but it might have been taken the wrong way and if the first n and second e were some how missed out well…

13. BR, try Taladafil. 😀

14. The Cockie Monster says:

We need the sponsorship money, but I can see us doing the ” Wenger Stand” thing !….Man City did it with …” The Colin Bell End” !. 😆

Norfolk !….is it a coincidence that a former Arsenal player is taking that drug !….and his anagram name is…..Penis Over Brain !……once the medication kicks in, he will be known as……Brain Over Penis !.
    Anyone care to guess the identity of the player !.

Haha, nice post, BR.
    When I saw the choices, I thought that maybe a handful would vote for the Wenger Stadium.
    Come on, own up who’s fixed the vote. 🙂

I quite like Constantinou’s, Kebab, Burger and Taramasalata Arena so I think I’ll have to vote for ‘something else’.

Seriously, the only reason I can see for not having The Arsenal Stadium is that that was Highbury’s proper name.

How about The Woolwich Armoury? That would really feck off the trogolodytes from South Middlesex. 🙂

16. Robin van Persie, Ha ha ha. Excellent Cockie. 😀

17. arnie says:

Nice one, Raddy. 🙂 I have no qualms over giving Emirates or whosoever else the name of the stadium so long as it brings in sponsorship money.

So long as we play by the rules and maintain a minimum amount of decency and political correctness. No Saddam, Gaddafi, fascists, and so on.

Particularly since, as Cockie says, we were given short shrift by the local authorities. There are other more important aspects of our tradition that we should and do care about.

A stand for Arsene? why not! but not the stadium. That is taking idolatry to an uncomfortable level. 🙂

18. arnie says:

On the Bottish local front, we are well and truly iced over. We had some lovely snow over the past few days. The snow started sticking to the ground overnight and it was treacherous on the roads today.

Tough driving, gut lovely sights and great fun. Bring on Christmas and the New Year! 🙂 🙂 🙂

19. arnie says:

saw a very nice film yesterday. Siddharth (2013). 🙂

tonight, decisions to make. the theatre option is the remastered version of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Home options are: The Grandmaster (2013) or La danza de la realidad (2013). decisions, decisions. 🙂

20. The Cockie Monster says:

Seeing as a few on here have had quite a number of wives and some change them as often as they change their cars on the suburbia wife swapping circuit !…….they would probably like it to be called …The Car Keys in a Bowl !.

21. arnie says:

No, that does not work for us, Cockie. We dont change manager and players as often as soiled knickers! 🙂

22. The Cockie Monster says:

Tell that to Transplant, arnie !…………….the poor fcuker has been driving about in a beat up Skoda since swapping his wife !…………………..actually, not sure whether the insane grin on his face is one of pleasure or pain !. hahaha

arnie – I am watching a pantomime tonight. Besiktas got the main part to play 🙂

Nice work Raddy, thank you.

Emirates is crap and we know it, so assuming it will always be a sponsored stadium and name I guess those camera/photocopier geezers Canon wouldn’t be far off the mark.

Always thought something related to a Cannon, Armoury, Battlement, Fortress, Arena, that type of deal.

Then I look around the world and there are some names that just sound good. San Siro, Azteca Stadium, Nou Camp, any other good ‘uns?

25. arnie says:

Cockie. 🙂

Evonne. Spursday football? Never. Unless we are ever UNLUCKY enough to play. 😛

Wankdorf

27. arnie says:

Micky. hmm. “Cannon, Armoury, Battlement, Fortress, Arena”. gets me thinking. How about BAE Arena? 😛

One of the most profitable English companies ever, and have their hands in every armed struggle in the modern world. 😛

28. arnie says:

Evonne. having said that, Besiktas have my support. 😛 apparently, they are the best Turkish team ever. Spuds are clearing the ground for excuses! ha ha ha. 🙂

arnie – I knew it will be a comedy in 2 acts 🙂

30. arnie says:

Beebs: “Spurs striker Robert Soldado has the [extraordinary] honour of having the first touch of the ball in the second half.” 🙂

31. arnie says:

“Danny Rose stretches his legs as he gallops down the touchline like a gazelle.”

where do Beebs find such extraordinary commentators? 🙂

32. arnie says:

Besiktas 1-0 Tottenham – Cenk Tosun 🙂

Ha ha Chas

Not only The Wankdorf Arena, but the team are Young Boys
    Oh happy days 🙂

Actually Arnie, we could do without Totnum being knocked out of The Thursday Cup. Could you manage to switch your allegiance away from Besiktas?

Mmm, thought not 🙂

35. arnie says:

hmm, Spuds still in second spot.

36. arnie says:

hence, Micky, for the moment I retain my support for Besiktas, the greatest Turkish team to ever grace this wonderful world! 😛

37. arnie says:

“Disaster. Just as the clock ticks into injury-time, Istanbul’s Olympic Stadium plunges into darkness for the second time.” I think the commentator may actually be a Gooner! 😛

38. arnie says:

39. arnie says:

40. arnie says:

is that Raddy? 😛

41. arnie says:

sorry ignore, I thought my posted pic had vanished again! 😛

42. Thanks for the option to vote Big & Randy, I would like “New Highbury” – I know what you’re thinking, a rubbish idea.

I don’t care even though another club already has that name – so there.

43. arnie says:

chuckle. 😛

I think New Highbury is the right idea, always have done.

45. arnie says:

New Highbury for me Raddy

I admit i dont like our new stadium

The “Emirates” is a big dissapointment. Like turning on the telly and finding your unable to change channals, thus forced to watch Michael Portillo travail Switzerland by steam train. Michael indulges a fine glass of Red, whilst hearing hilarious tales from Train Director Otto on the history of the 8.30 to Shiezturnberg.

Through this visual ecstasy, you feel transported into Michaels journey, almost splitting your sides as Otto recounts how a Bavarian farmer once bought a large brown pig on to first class

Oh,the joy.

47. arnie says:

😦 moderation! 😦

We may have statues we may have busts but a stand named after a player or manager? Never we are bigger than any one man. Maybe an executive box can be named after Arsene, but only if every box is named after a player or manager from the past.

As for the name? I like New Highbury.

Would be interested to know exactly what stadium naming rights cones in at, I understand it’s linked to the shirt sponsorship, but I’d guess it’s a small percentage. And with ever improving revenues elsewhere perhaps it could be New Highbury in the future.

Transplant
    “I admit i dont like our new stadium”
    You’ve made worse confessions 🙂

Agree, of course, and as such I was surprised there were no slightly more damning suggestions in the name game, perhaps referencing Argos or Poundland 🙂

Oh God, Raddy is right.

Nothing on Newsnow. Best is the word Swoop and Cavani in the same article, but that’s as good as it gets. Tiniest bit on Cabaye.

Mind you, sniffing about the football gossip pages, and you do see some terrific advertisements and what not. I saw the most wonderful photographs of someone called Kim Kardashian. Wow, what an elegant and perfectly enchanting looking Lady.

Oh come on Chas

I said: “someone called Kim Kardashian”.

Do your duty 🙂

Got it… The Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen Stadium.

He’s the ponce who decorated houses (“Changing Rooms” the telly prog.) using crap designs, shit materials and above all, no taste whatsoever 🙂

[video src="http://fat.gfycat.com/PertinentEmbellishedDogwoodtwigborer.webm" /]

Not keen on fake bristols or fake bootocks.

Wow you find some disturbing pics. Seriously what kind of a perv would turn Our Kim into a horse? 😦

Ha ha, what a brilliant goal mouth scramble.

Work now. Children break up at 2pm, and I’m at home today, so need to get everything done early.

Wow, that is one of the saddest stories I have read, sometimes I think that nats have more forethought than Arsenal football club.

Difficult to read chas’s link and know that Arsenal is in danger of losing it’s long-term fan base.

It yes into chas’s bombshell that he has considered stopping attending. If as rabid a fan as chas talks of stopping going then we know there is something rotten in our club.

The fact that more and more non-playing people are being brought into Arsenal who are businessmen rather than football fans filters down.

Up until the removal of Dein all BoD members were fans – since then only Ken Friar. Gazidis, Usamov, Kroenke, etc etc have no club connection. I don’t know about Chips Keswick as the man doesn’t say much but he only joined the Board in 2005.

Anyone have anything for a post today?

62. I’d turn up and help wrighty out…. he was wright in the first place, some of our fans who booed Wenger are wankers:

Morning all, I sat with chas and ant for the Saints game, the shocking thing was that the steward was the ringleader for the dissenters and was actively encouraging barracking of the players.

NB. I would be right behind you in spirit as I cannot harm another living soul (or dead for that matter).

It is the Hippy Creed

it is 100th anniversary of the Christmas truce 1914

Kos. Chambers, Monreal & Ramsey out!

We need a big chap in the centre of defence.

Can anyone babysit for GIE?

….. New Post ……..