What is Arsenal football club?

I read that the other day Ivan and Arsene were having a chat on the training ground, and it got me thinking.

What were they discussing leapt to mind, but also, who was The Boss. This led me to my question: What is Arsenal Football Club.

An Institution? Certainly. A Business? Again, certainly. However the bigger question is how is it really structured, and what kind of structure would YOU like?

You have Fan Power at a Club like Barcelona. You have the Dictatorship Model at Chelsea with whatshisname stomping around getting involved in everything, or so it appears. Arsenal also have a solitary owner (effectively), but one who we reckon lies pretty low, ceding power and day to day running to others. Is that Ivan or Arsene?

Where should ultimate power rest, Owner, Chairman, Manager, Fans? I see pro’s and con’s of all models.

Written by MickyDidIt89

158 Responses to What is Arsenal football club?

Football is a business, more so than ever before, therefore the owner should delegate responsibilities to various departments of running one of the richest clubs in the world.

If this is the case,I am not so sure, but will think about it and return later.

LB made an interesting comment the other day which touches on this subject.

He said that Barca had to flog Sanchez to satisfy their Fans’ demands for a stella signing ie Suarez.

So, the fanbase democracy model. One problem with a democracy is that the system will encourage the kind of candidate who will most likely give the voters what they want, and in turn, this leads to short termism, as on the whole, people do not vote for what is good for the long term, and that occasionally difficult/unpopular decisions need to be made for the long term common good (think Arsenal Stadium move and associated sacrifices).

A counter argument could be: well look at Barca! Maybe short termism has its advantages.

Should power rest with a business man, a football man, or the fans?

3. arnie says:

lovely stuff, Micky. 🙂 I will return with my own reflections in a bit, but before that …

We organised an event some time back to which all AAers were invited, and only one turned up (to the best of my knowledge). 🙂

Here is a summary of the proceedings.

4. Scene: An Arsenal Board meeting:

Ivan: “Right, the meeting is open. Can we have a small word from our owner Mr Kroenke:”

Stan:

Ivan: “ok, now Arsene, can we hear from you about how you see the club progressing, and more importantly, how you think we should spend money in the January Transfer window.”

Arsene: ” Well we have a very good team spirit at the moment and we have shown in ze last few games that we can do a good job. I have been in zis job for a long time, I think I know what I am doing”

Mr Keswick: “‘It’s not my place to double-guess Arsene’s intentions. We back Arsene when he has a plan. We stay quiet when he doesn’t.”

Stan:

Ivan: ” That’s good then, so what about the current unrest in the fan base? Arsene, do you think maybe that you should get on to the touchline more and show some leadership?”

Arsene: “I’m not sure what you are saying, what more can I do?

Mr Keswick: “”‘It’s not my place to double-guess Arsene’s intentions. We back Arsene when he has a plan. We stay quiet when he doesn’t.”

Stan:

Ivan: ” Well Arsene, I just wondered if you could show some commitment to encouraging the team when playing, you know, something like shouting, Long Live the Republique in French whilst gesticulating with your hands, showing the fans that you are passionate and geting involved”

Arsene: “Oui, biensur, zis iz good. I will do zis, Vivre le Repulique, I like zis”

Ivan: ” And you Mr Kroenke, what do you think?”

Stan:

Ivan: “What funds do we have available for the January transfer window, the fans are saying we need a new CB and a DM”

Arsene: ” Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have been in this job for 18 years, I know what I know. I don’t know why you would come up with such a question”.

Stan:

Ivan: “Ok, that concludes all business for todays meeting. Can I leave the last word for Mr Kroenke”

Stan:

5. RC78 says:

At the end of the day – the model depends on the club and there are pros and cons with each model…We need to work on two fronts:

– Front A – Being a successful football club
    – Front B – Being a viable business

My concern with Arsenal was that we put the Front A on the side to focus a lot on Front B. The problem is that if we do not win trophies, we lose some fans, some sponsors and some revenues based on successes and that you have problem attracting top talent…and you can quickly enter a downward spiral. Thank God that somewhoe AW kept the team in CL, otherwise we would have been in a real conendrum…

On my side, I would like the following model:

– 1 Owner/President for up to 80% of the share of the club
    – The remaining 20% of the share should be offered to:
    — 10% to the fans
    — 10% to former staff/coaches/players

Why? I think you need a strong committeed President who can give orientation and demand success to his/her team while at the same time reminding them of the financial situation. The President has to lead the club and has to be the face of the club in the media – hence the 80%. The Manager has to respond directly to that Owner/President and to the board. I would give 10% of the share to fans because without the fans, the club is nothing…and 10% to former staff/coaches/players to keep the DNA of the club anchored. We do not want a loss of identity and these 20% should address this amply.

– 1 Manager working directly with:
    — Field side: Head Coach (Assistant Manager), GK coach, Defense coach, Midfield coach, Attack coach (ideally the coaches, except maybe the Head Coach are former illustrious players with some coaching records/potential. Imagine: Bergkamp (Head Coach),Seaman, Adams, Parlour, Henry) at our training ground…If they have the right competencies, why not? Plus one Youth Coach. Plus the physio/physical unit.

— Off the field:
    —– Sports Director dealing with transfers and responsible for the scouting efforts of the club. Needs to have a legal background and have a thorough understanding also of scouting. He/She is supported by scouts who have good networks.
    —– Sales Director dealing with sponsors, merchandising, ticketing…
    —– Organizational Director (leading legal, finance…services)

That’s my 2 pence…

Thanks Micky, that is a very good question. If I were Scottish obviously I’d been in favour of devolution of power 😛

I don’t like the idea of a dictator. The German model seems to work the best but how could we go back and change our system to theirs – it’s not going to happen. We may be slowly heading to an American Franchise type system although the Arab involvement is all about promotion of their national interests and money is endless therefore the Franchise system wouldn’t appeal to them.

Northbank @ 10;35 …. brilliant 😛

Where should ultimate power rest?

This is easy. With me.

I would make all the right decisions.
    Buy and play all the best players.
    It would be free to enter THOF
    Stewards would have the right to eject anyone saying anything negative.
    I would buy the referees (why not, others do)
    Quality food and drink at cost prices
    Free transport for away fans

And that is just the start.

8. arnie says:

ha ha ha, Silent Stan is brilliant. 🙂

OK, my tuppence. the club outlives the fans, hence the interests of a club are primarily long run. we plan now for what is in the best interests of the club in 2020, and perhaps beyond.

These decisions cannot be taken, in an altruistic way, by a fan’s representative because they will almost surely be driven by short term self interests.

A long term fan would be ideal, but which fan has the time and energy to devote to the club for the indefinite future?

A “rich” corporate owner can be helpful in the short run, if (a) their short-term interests do not lie in fleecing away the club’s assets (remember Rangers?), and (b) they are willing to invest money for the club’s, and their own (yes, their own) long run profits. If these two conditions are satisfied, things may be good, but otherwise …

The best of the lot is a owner who is also a fan, perhaps like Mike Mulraney of Alloa. This is rare to find. Boards of benevolent trustees seems unfortunately to be a feature of the past. Abramovitch may also be a good example, but his money seems to be a bit dodgy.

So far, things are OK with Silent Stan, IMO. He seems to be in for the long haul, does not seem to be looking for short run gains, and does not interfere in football matters. 🙂

9. Motning all,

the question you raise Sir Mdi89 is answered by which of the 2 following options a club is going for:
    !) to maximise profit
    2) to break even and maximise the chances of trophies

after that who has what power is determined by what will maximise the outcomes of either 1 or 2.

BTW, not going tomorrow night but anyone going to the Toon game ? I’ve got my row 5 seat in north Bank lower for that. Yay.

Hi Micky

Of course, I would like the power. My dreams of making love to desirable women are often interrupted by Arsenal power.

Just in the throes of ecstasy I am transported to the Arsenal Boardroom. In these lucid dreams, I have told Stan to stand in the corner and Peter Hill Wood is performing his duties as waiter. Now and again muttering “We dont like your sort round here”, so I put him in his place by counting money.

Arsene then turns up dressed as a French Maid, and its at this point my dream shifts back to making love to the desirable women?

11. I vote Raddy, but you need to include free TV for all Arsenal games 🙂

Thanks Micky, and thanks yesterday to Devil.

Just on yesterday’s discussion, I have been impressed by our better tactical displays in defending as a team in the last 2 games. The 2-0 over Dortmund was very professional. We could at times expect to beat West brom more convincingly but a 1-0 at a tricky away fixture following a ECL week is always a decent result IMO.

I was impressed that we protected our lead well, but also hope that we start to add and develop our counter-attacking abilities in games we are ahead in but are not strolling to greater effect. We have to expect those tight edgy games through the season, and keeping better shape is the key IMO, but if we do improve our counter-attacking, (and we have the ingredients to be just about the best at it in the EPL at it), then I think we will start heading back to the level of the invincibles. They used to often win 3-0 but at 1-0 would keep it tight and would just finish off and demoralise the opposition by hitting on the break for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

I hope this is an epiphany for how we play and is not just a mere temporary change and we will soon see the return of attacking with 7-8 players when we are 1-0 up.

On to today’s question Micky and I can actually say, bar a couple of areas, that I am fairly happy with the general structure we have. I do sometimes feel that Arsene has his finger in too many pies and is taking on too much. I think he has a hard time delegating responsibilities at times, but that is about the only area I would change at present.

I don’t know why, for instance, we ended up not getting the extra defender(s) that we obviously needed but I said (as did Chary) that this failing could cause AW some problems with the fans if it contributed to dropped points and that worried me right from the off. It turned out that way and many fans anger with some of our failings this season will be on the back of that failure to recruit. It did look negligent and IMO AW shot himself in the foot there unnecessarily, so really only has himself to blame for some of the reactions recently. To have worked so well since 2005 to get us to a point to have the finances to get the right players not covering this area was a massive risk, and one that has back-fired IMO.

That of course is if the failure to recruit lies at his door. This is something that I would like changed in whichever way it needs to be. Whether it is IG not getting what AW required, or whether it is AW procrastinating and leaving it too late we can’t be sure but my money is on the latter. In any event that is one area that needs tightening up and changing for the betterment of the club.

Here’s an item about somebody who owns our hearts.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

Arsene Wenger says Thierry Henry will return to Arsenal in the future, although it may not be as a player.

Speaking to the press ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Southampton, the Gunners boss sang the praises of the club’s all-time leading goalscorer and opened the door for another return to the Emirates.

“Certainly one day he will come back,” he said. “As for what role, I don’t know. He deserves respect for his attitude and achievements. I made him start at 17, today he’s 37. That’s 20 years of competitive football.

“One day he will come back, but in what role I don’t know. He deserves respect for his attitude and achievements… over 20 years.”

“That deserves a huge respect and congratulations not only to what he has achieved but as well on his attitude and his exemplary and his focus on football.”

Henry announced he was leaving New York Red Bulls on Monday after four-and-a-half years at the club but remained coy on his future in football.

The Frenchman has been linked to a variety of coaching roles, including joining his former French teammate Willy Sagnol at Bordeaux.

But Wenger believes Henry’s heart lies with Arsenal and although he was confident their former talisman would return to the Emirates, he believes Henry should consider his future carefully.

“The best moments of his life and his career have been experienced here,” he said. “He’s an Arsenal man.

“He has to think do I want to sacrifice all my life to do this job. He has the right to reflect and think what he wants to do now. He has all the qualities.”

Henry famously returned to Arsenal on loan in 2012, coming off the bench to score the winner against Leeds in the FA Cup third round.

He scored two goals in seven games during his return, culminating with a stoppage time winner against Sunderland that sent the Emirates faithful into raptures.

But now at 37, Wenger believes his former star striker could be too old to play in the Premier League, increasing speculation he will return in a coaching role.

“At that age I think he doesn’t want to play in Premier League,” he said. “He has to think about what direction he wants to give to his next life.”

14. arnie says:

RC78. top comment. 🙂

Great little post and some excellent comments.

NB will walk away with the comment of the day though. Brilliant.

16. Nice post Micky, it should get a discussion going.

Whatever form of ownership model is adopted the prime motivation must be to produce stability. Without stability there can only be confusion. Confusion applies to players, fans, sponsors, managers and right up to the board.

Alongside stability there must also be continuity, the two go naturally hand in hand.

At Arsenal we have been lucky in both stability and continuity, from Sir Henry Norris through the Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families to the present day majority share holder Stan Kroenke. It has been the practice, throughout the lifetime of the club, for the ownership to appoint a manager to get on with the day to day running of the club while the Board of Directors sat back in their comfy leather chairs, smoked cigars, drank brandy and did what they did best, make money.

Obviously, today one man cannot be expected to run the club in it’s entirety, not even Arsene Wenger. Stan Kroenke duly appointed a Chief Executive to work alongside the manager, it is understood that Ivan Gazidis was recommended for the job by Arsene Wenger.

The innate business sense of the succession of family owners has ensured the financial stability needed to allow for the building of a remarkable stadium without getting into unsustainable levels of debt. How many Premiership clubs would give their eye teeth for 45,000 capacity stadium the quality of Highbury, let alone scrap it altogether?

So, I suppose what I’m saying is, what we have is what we need. Financial stability, continuity of ownership, a reasonably good product on the field and a manager who carries the full confidence of the board, and has a contract which neither he nor the board are likely to tear up anytime soon.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Norfolk. I agree.

NB. I will pay you to watch and give a free HD stream to anyone unfortunate enough not to attend THOF.

I will return our kit to the cotton shirts of the 70/71 season and all boots are black.

I will insist upon Saturday 3 p.m. k.o. for PL games and a fixed night for CL games …. so Didit doesn’t get confused

There will be no boxes or posh lounges.

There will be a standing area behind both goals.

GK’s have to wear green shirts.

18. BR, and sensible haircuts, and no visible tatoos, and a free issue of hot Bovril and a bag of fresh roasted peanuts and all spectators (not fans) must wear a flat cap. 😀

19. Chary, in the words of the song “Money makes the World go round”. Profit is not a dirty word, what’s the point in winning a trophy if the club lose money, goes into administration, is deducted points and gets relegated?

Even with the amount of dosh sloshing around football at the moment badly run clubs are struggling to survive, and by survive I don’t mean just keeping afloat, a number of famous clubs are close to extinction.

Can we have a bit of profit? And very slightly lesser chance of trophies? 😀

Northbank1969 says:
    December 2, 2014 at 6:58 am

Good morning

My name is Northbank and I’m a Rackoholic. This is my first time at Rackoholics Anonymous. It’s been 1 day 2 hours and 36 seconds since my last rackoftheday. I’m taking it one day at a time but it’s difficult already.

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

Northbank has a terrible case of Rackohlicism and is in need of some serious counseling from Eddie. If you will pop over to his site you will see that he only lasted another 1hr and 38minutes before his addiction to racks overwhelmed him.

Is he in jeopardy, will his desire end up suffocating him – is it time for a group intervention?

I will keep you abreast of the situation.

21. haha GN5

And what may I ask were you doing on my site looking at the rack I posted? 🙂 You tell everyone on here that you are against ot and then take a sneak view on GunnersoreArse, 🙂

Northbank, it wasn’t by choice – it just seemed to hit me in the face………….

Northbank – there’s a time and place for everything and your site is the right place at any time…….

Off to the doctor’s for a check up…………ugh!

25. arnie says:

now, good gentlemen and ladies of AA, we cannot let NorthBank suffer in this way, can we? or maybe, we just can! 😛

So, GN5 is a rack fan. Could be normal after all 🙂

Just one quickie for the debate.

Munich’s Board is littered with clever ex-footballers, and that appears quite a good idea.

I’m leaning towards the dictator model.

28. Norfolk – at last, someone has replied to one of my comments when my last 4 have been ignored, a case of Redders-itis ha ha.

What you are outlining is the leaning to the second option – make enough to cover expenses (and have a little in reserves) but use as much of the clubs resources as practicable to amass the best quality squad possible to compete for the maximum number of trophies.

A worthy mission statement I agree.

Who’s Chary? 🙂

That’s one more than me,chary 🙂

Arnie

Just read the link in your 10:44

One line was staggering, referring to fan ownership and Barca and Real:

“He also raised doubts over the success of the fan ownership model at Real Madrid and Barcelona, believing that the Spanish government had waived taxes approaching one billion Euros for their two premier clubs”

One billion Euros!!!!!

Kelsey who?

I can’t speak for anyone else but my ideal conversation is one where I do all the talking and there is a tacit agreement that I am in the right.

Perhaps that is what is happening with Chary and Kelsey 🙂

Raddy
    Might that explain the need for candles? :-):-)

No my friend, you and NB are just bald 🙂

I think I’ll run that past you all once more

Barca and Real Madrid have been given 500 million euros each!!!

Touche, or is that toupe

Only Crystals knows 🙂

€100bn. Chump change

Guess Barca FC won’t be joining the Independence for Catalonia movement any time soon

kelsey. Both NB and myself are happy and confident being follically challenged.

It works for Sean Connery, Bruce Willis Jason Statham etc and it works for me

Arsenal play Southampton on Wednesday and Wenger has a problem at left-back with doubts over Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal.

“We have some question marks about Gibbs, Monreal and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Everybody else looks like being available,” said Wenger.

“Laurent Koscielny just came back after a long time and we will see how he responds.

“Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is still out. Mathieu Debuchy is training. Could he be involved next week? Certainly. David Ospina as well, one week. Yaya Sanogo is all right now.”

Oh bugger. I forgot I have a post to write. Best do it in the morning when I am more tetchy

Well at least they are straight but Sean is still wanted by the Spanish police for tax evasion about the house he sold in Marbella. You won’t find him in Spain again.

Maybe Podolski will play LB 🙂

oh god, another serious topic, yawn yawn ….zzzzzzzz

in a nutshell – no idea mate. They have a flat hierarchy model at the AFC, which means that the guy on top has all the power. Because of short downward lines of communication the big cheese needs to be good at delegating wisely and effectively. Which means that Gazidis is not on top, it is Wenger who delegates to Gazidis. I like this model and think it is most suited for a dynamic enterprise such as a football club.

I like Raddy think, that I should be more involved in a day to day running of the Club, and especially in a decision making process. A level headed, sensitive and wise person is always good to have on board,

Are you questioning my masculinity kelsey? if so I will have to ask you to step outside

Eddie. And that is you?????

“oh god, another serious topic, yawn yawn ….zzzzzzzz”

Ha ha, how I felt when penning the damn thing 🙂

Never Raddy, the trouble is we are exchanging comments on two different sites .

Anyway,stepping outside is not convenient at this moment of time 🙂

So Eddie and Micky want the site to be light hearted so Raddy a pre match post without mentioning the teams,players or in fact anything about football.

50. arnie says:

Kelsey. Your link was a good read. But had a painful load of charts. 😛 Perfect for GiE. Where is GiE?

OK, on to my second tuppence. And this was my question at the debate in Edinburgh.

What is beautiful about the EPL is the diversity. That each club is distinct and different, have their own little nuances, their own history, traditions and fandom.

That is what makes the EPL great. That the Chavs are different from the Mancunians, and the Mancunians are nowhere near the class that the Gooners ooze. What needs to be protected is this diversity. Because above all, what holds value for fans is this distinctiveness of every club, its fandom, its songs, its colours and its rituals.

How boring would it be if one week Tweedledum played against Tweedledee, and next week against another clone called Tweeldelum, and then Tweeldedee, and so on …. oh dear!

The message. One size does not fit all. Let us have some variation, including in the degree of fan involvement, in the nature of ownership, in the managerial and playing styles. 🙂 Let us not encourage all clubs to follow the same magic formula and become clones of each other. 🙂

51. I’m only 1 for 5 at the moment Kelsey, but it’s a start.

But I’m the forgotten AA’er I reckon, no problem though 🙂

Mdi89/Radders – it would be a novelty for me to have tacit agreement, I never get that at home !

Any model that doesn’t involve any power for the fans is fine by me. 🙂

What was that about intelligent ex-footballers at Bayern?
    I think we might struggle to find any in England.
    Dennis and Thierry, maybe, I suppose.

chary. re: tacit agreement. Try it when you are on your own. Guaranteed winner

Just finished the swiss ramble (link 12.02). The man must spend weeks assembling such detailed info.

55. Ha ha Big Randy, seems like my only option.

By the way, I enjoyed the additions to the Morning session and think they ought to become regular features….

Micky’s Relationship Advice – from scented candles to bad boy in one paragraph. Perfect.

and

Eddie’s Guide to Women – give up now, everything you’ve ever done bad is festering inside her waiting to explode all over you given the right circumstance. You may as well try to woo a wounded rhino with flowers or alternatively, self-mutilate, not for sympathy, but at least you may get a few moments peace when you’re ignored.

More please.

57. chas2 says:

and

More please.

58. chas2 says:

Hmmm, nice banner.

Chas

You ended the comment with a smiley so not sure if you’re serious, but I am 100% against fan’s getting a say. Their vote is with their feet. Don’t like, Go.

love you too chas 🙂

yes Raddy, I am the sensible and the sensitive one ha ha ha, made myself ROLF

61. chas2 says:

I am serious, Micky, and agree with you completely.

62. chas2 says:

Barry takes a bath

I hope the fools take the banner into the Em’s tomorrow night. They will get battered.

What concerns me about these chaps is they give fuel to the media narrative that the majority of fans are anti-AW.

Whilst accepting that many are dissatisfied they remain in the minority

I am not a violent man but if I was heir Dad they would have their pocket money stopped and be grounded for a month

By the way, I asked my sources to find out who the banner wankers were.

Turns out one of my mates sons went to school with them.

There both a couple of wankers aged about 25, who if started on would start crying for there mum and one in particular was known as the school creep.

I really enjoyed LB’s excellent comments yesterday, but the shocking thing is that these two twats are both season ticket holders and go away, including Europe

However, nothing to get upset about. As we speak they are probably enjoying the Avon brochure by playing with themselves.

Obviously, apart from enjoying the Avon model showing a leg whilst sprawled out on a £199 sofa, if you do the math then wenger is the manager they have ever known

Spoilt children

Compare and contrast the banner held up by the team languishing in bottom place in the Bundesliga and ….

even TalkSport shitsters were appalled by the banner who was held by 1, only one arsehole. And that arsehole put us all to shame

What’s wrong with this picture?

what a div !! the shirt is back to front obviously 🙂
    honestly Raddy

70. chas2 says:

Do you mean the 12, BR?
    He was number 12 when he came back.

In actual fact, he would have been 12 from the start as that was always his number but Christopher Wreh was number 12 when he arrived so he took 14.

I’m probably barking up the wrong tree though.

Eddie got it right 🙂

72. chas2 says:

Good excuse to post this regardless. 🙂

73. chas2 says:

Yep, the lad should have had the shirt on the right way and just looked over his shoulder. Twat.

chas. I would love to have been there that night. Even watching at home I went mental.

75. chas2 says:

Eddie it was a big banner for just one to hold!

76. chas2 says:

77. chas2 says:

78. chas2 says:

“Eddie’s Guide to Women – give up now, everything you’ve ever done bad is stored inside her waiting to explode all over you given the right circumstance. You may as well try to woo a wounded rhino with flowers or alternatively, self-mutilate, not for sympathy, but at least you may get a few moments peace when you’re ignored.”

This is pure gold.

LB. Don’t get that kind of quality on LG 😀

That BVB banner puts us to shame.

no, no, that is not true. My almost ex would mutilate himself for sympathy, but he always succeeded, me being such a soft touch. I would see to his bleeding fingers, legs, sore back etc with strongest disinfectant to make sure he didn’t get an infection 🙂

Eddie, That is beyond normal. He needs to be ex-ed as soon as possible, then you can transfer in a real man.

Judging by tonight there are some terrible defences in the PL this season

85. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Micky, two top Arsenal men meet up on the training ground and start a little chat, now lets face it, had it been in the gents or in the canteen and one said to the other all right Arsene yes thanks Ivan,

Nothing in it, i am sure they pass many times a day they may have a drink together in the boardroom or in the pub, they may do a bit of wife swapping or maybe they play golf together..

Maybe they dont talk, maybe they dont like one another, or maybe they dont like one anothers wives, who knows and who really cares,

I dont see anything in two guys working at the same club earning shit loads of money, stopping and having a few words, Let the press media and whoever speculate on what they said, i am surprised the press never had a lip reader with them.

Bugger me whats all the fuss over. My guess is that Ivan wants to put a bet on and asked Wenger who’s fit and who’s injured so he doesn’t waste his two and six, bloody hell we are struggling for posts, we really are.

86. stevepalmer1 says:

Brill ha ha

87. arnie says:

RIP Bobby Keys

MATCH DAY

Cold night under the floodlights at THOF. Stirring evening ahead.

90. Morning morning club 🙂

91. Morning Raddy and Micky

Raddy, it’s frigging cold down here as well 😦

92. chas2 says:

NB. I am a thousand miles north of you – don’t talk about cold!

The road to my Italian house has been closed by a number of landslides (as it was last year). How is it in your area?

94. chas2 says:

“visa to enter Jordan. She’s getting fussy” 🙂

96. For all the musicians on here, don’t worry that it’s based on Pharrell Williams’ Happy, it’s brilliantly done:

97. Raddy, there’s been very heavy flooding recently in Provence,

I saw you mentioned a Siberian wind in your area, we actually get bthat here, it’s called the mistral and it’s bucking cold

98. chas2 says:

Micky
    My girlfriend wants me to do more hoovering and dusting around the house.
    Have you any advice for me ?

99. Pussy of the Day……… just for my friend Eddie 🙂

chas, Is that you with your “girlfriend” in 6.23?

Of course I do, Chas. 🙂

Damn, I love cats

103. Chas

Dress like this and get a few gay men customers to do the work for you ha ha

Ha ha NB
    I once had a girlfriend who’s mate ran a fetish shop in London. Girlfriend sometimes modelled the gear at a pervy club called Skin 2 (skin two?), and boy did she come home with some great stories 🙂

105. micky

Nothing wrong with a little fetish now and again 🙂

Oh, I get it, everyone’s gone on to youtube to find fetish related housework vids for Chas, and got locked in 🙂

Also, everyone’s wondering where the site parameters lie. We understand where we stand on racks, but fetish is a grey area.

Pervy or innocent hobby 🙂

108. For all cat lovers… ie: Micky and Eddie.

109. micky

I’m confused too 🙂

I’ve just been watching some videos of “hobbies” and I think the most worrying term is “enthusiast”

111. Raddy

Is this pushing the boundaries… it’s only family entertainment ha ha

aha Raddy, the offside rule – tell me when the offside is not an offside, ie at the time of passing the ball leading to a goal, the opposition defender is further from the goal than the goal scorer and yet it is not an offside?

Bad, bad results last night 😦

beautiful kittens 🙂 my cat is mad, she torments the dogs, eats like a horse and shouts if she wants anything. If she wasn’t absolutely gorgeous i’d kick heer out, the little cow

114. Eddie

I’ve had several girlfriends like that…………

and you keep on going gagging for more?
    I won’t get another cat

116. What’s happened to Big Raddys’ comment about pushing boundaries and the off side rule? Has he been censored?

nb- do you know the answer?

118. arnie says:

motning all. brass monkey weather. -1C last night at 11:30 when we returned home. 🙂

119. The answer to what Eddie, the offside rule or pushing boundaries ?

Looks as if arnie is pushing boundaries again 🙂

120. arnie says:

Kos is not holding his line, so I am fine, NorthBank. 🙂

121. arnie says:

Just an offside in the worst case, no cards! 😛

you don’t know, you don’t know 🙂

Chelsea v Tottenham tonight, important result for us. Perhaps better if Chavs win

Raddy – another question for you, an easy one this time. What are the best headphones for laptop, tablet and iphone?

123. I know nothing 🙂

124. Eddie

I always go on the theory of the best you can afford 🙂

My ex bought me a Bose speaker system for my laptop, with subwoofer, bloody amazing sound. Love it

nb – yeah, but Bose in ear headphones are £250, very expensive

126. Do you want a good sound or just better than your laptop? Or something to listen with whilst on the go?

it is not for me, but for my almost ex. Something when he is on the go and for prolonged silent treatment periods

someone recommended an article about Liverpool not winning the League ever again. I read it now, difficult to read and the summary being:

– No team with an £XI lower than £210m has won the Premier League in over a decade. Liverpool’s current £XI is £138.9m, over £70m short of the minimum. (And indeed, it was £95m short of City’s last season.)

– No team with a squad that cost less than £397m (after inflation) has won the title in over a decade. Liverpool’s current squad cost (Sq£) is £293, over £100m short of that minimum. (And indeed, was a whopping £140m short of City’s last season.)

Is it really all about money now?

129. ha ha so you don’t want to spend a lot 🙂

Most in ear headphones will provide a much better sound for iphone and tablette. I’d say anything in the region of £30-40 made by a well known hi-fi company should do.

Personally, I prefer the larger type headphones, but you look a bit stupid walking down the high street 🙂

Eddie. I will email you about the headphones. As with everything it depends upon budget.

NB. I removed my censure.

BTW only women and men of questionable sexuality like cats. (see 06.23)

132. Why Raddy??

I have a Nad hi-fi system, amp and CD player with Monitor Audio free standing speakers, full cost £1200. The Bose laptop system cost roughly £400. Now I never listen to my hi-fi, I listen to music on my laptop through the Bose system all the time.

True Raddy, I adore cats.

There’s something magnificently bitchy about them

134. That’s why I have a dog Raddy 🙂

It was very interesting listening to Stoke v ManUre on radio last night, at 2-1 the commentators were questioning why the full backs were pushing so high up the pitch, and then made the comparison to Everton and Arsenal, I just wonder whether although nothing new for us whether this is becoming the norm.

And then I thought of Barca and Alves, cretinous little fellow but you’d have to imagine he spent more time in the oppositions half than his own, the difference of course is what we do without the ball compared to Barca, we drop back (or try to) when we concede possession whereas the best Barca teams instantly switched to pressing and often found themselves back on the front foot, it’s what Alexis is bringing to our side and Wellbeck for that matter. Suffocate the opposition make them play long balls that are easy to pick up.

GIE. Barca, Bayern, PSG, etc all use attacking FB’s. MU didn’t buy Shaw for so much money to stay in his own half.

When it works I like the tactic, when it doesn’t it appears suicidal.

hi GiE 🙂 yep, agree about Sanchez pressing for ball, very impressive. I think he is going to have a huge impact on youngsters

BTW, did you see my question at 7:25am? I expect you to know the answer

Nothing macho about having a dog 69

On the contrary. Dogs are for those who seek companionship to combat the human condition know as loneliness

Those of us who laugh in the face of desolate, regarding every being as a potential enemy have no such qualms.

NB. I would hesitate to say I am an expert on hi-fi but it is one of my passions.

Your system will be far better than your computer if only because of the music source being MP3.

Like you I use my computer-based system far more than my hi-fi. Not sure if this is due to diminishing hearing ability or pure laziness. Though I love the feel of turning over an LP – it is so redolent of my youth.

140. OK the Morning club has closed, now into the tactical bollix. It seems that many teams are trying the 3-5-2 formation and would that include AW with Chambers and Gibbs as wing backs? Van Head at MU has been doing it all season… who started it?

141. yes Raddy, don’t remind me that I sold my Rega planar 3 😦

142. arnie says:

OK, on to matchday bollix then. 🙂

Busy day 😦 back laters.

Terry – so how will you explain me with dogs and cats, schizophrenic? 🙂

144. Eddie

A schizophrenic sexual deviant I should think 🙂

145. This is totally wrong somehow!

146. Right, I’ve got to go too, hoovering and dusting and ironing to do 🙂

147. The Cockie Monster says:

Cats have nine lives………….so are obviously Schizo !.
    Dogs give one unconditional love to anyone, so even Savile probably had a dog that loved him………………probably a sexual one as well !.

We have a New Post ………….

Rasp – I can’t find the header??????