The Friday Rant

I’d like to open with a Raddyism. “Sickened” is what I am right now, and on two fronts.

First up, The Emirates crowd, and for once my rant is not aimed at the early leavers (oh, how I enjoy the late goals!). No, it’s about the songs. I mean come on, where’s the creativity and humour gone. All we get is the same old chants for the same two players. Great news if you’re Ollie or Santi, but how hard is it to conjure up a few more. Then, even more annoyingly, is the “……. scores when he wants”. Sanchez deserves better. The old terrace humour appears to be a dying art. Sickening.

Ok, going well. Rant two. I don’t get to many games at all, so when you’ve planned with military precision a campaign to get yourself to a particular game (in my case, Dortmund next week), when suddenly you find flies littering your ointment. Yes, I got the day wrong and it’s the Wednesday not the Tuesday, but actually I could have fixed that, but no, along comes a work sledgehammer to my badly laid plans, meaning not only will I miss the game live, but even the telly/stream option has been swept from under my feet. Again, sickened.

I am angry. You should be too, as it’s Rant Friday, so let it all hang out. It’s good for you.

written by MickyDidit

128 Responses to The Friday Rant

1. “as it’s Rant Friday, so let it all hang out. ”

Peaches, he’s at it again! An innocent comment with so much underlying innuendo…….. ban him. He knows exactly what he’s doing 🙂

2. OH! Micky how terrible! Oh! I’m so so sorry to hear that your planned evening’s entertainment has been simply destroyed. What a disaster for you, how absolutely awful.

By the way, does that mean you have a spare ticket?

3. ha ha Military precision…. getting Wednesday confused with Tuesday. 🙂

4. Military precision? Is that an oxymoron like military intelligence?

“He’s at it again” 🙂

Thanks Raddy, you need a PA 🙂

My rant contribution is in the form of an observation about the training of the staff (or lack of it) who serve the food at the Ems. I’m not talking about the boxes and club level, but where the rest of us mere mortals have to spend the whole of half time queuing up.

Why is it that whoever serves me, looks at me as if I’m speaking a foreign language and seems never to have heard of a hot dog or a cup of hot chocolate?

7. Rasp

That’s because they are Polish on lower wages than minimum 🙂

8. Time to put your tin helmet on NB, Eddie is on her way.

9. oh shite, I can hear the knuckle dusters being polished (sic)

Norfolk
    No to a spare ticket, as I usually use one my two red membership cards on the exchange, and there’s always a ticket there.
    You’re welcome to use one or both.

Rasp
    I’ve often wondered what kind of a person requires food at 3:45 in the afternoon. Now I know 🙂
    Which leads nicely on to the next question. What kind of person wants to spend £350 on a rubber hot dog anyway?

Actually NB, while I’m on the subject of things that sicken me, I’m getting a bit fed up with what I see as your rather “casual attitude” to site discipline 🙂

Might send Peaches over. She can be firm.

Thanks Micky. Right I have my Frank Rottweiller mode set on default and am raring to go. How many rants are we allowed?

Actually Micky the song thingy is a good shout. It is a subject that has crossed my mind before but I never thought about bringing it forth as a rant. We have some excellent players that deserve their own song, so get going all you wits on the terraces.

Maybe we just need to wait till Spurs have a world class player as captain, encourage him to wind down his contract and then join us on a free 🙂 I am thinking something catchy and have that song Hey baby in my brain.

“Heeeeeey heeeey………” No sorry I can’t come up with anything I am just not that musically creative.

Ok my rant of the day is something that AW has just brought up and is about the England under 21 championships. I hope Southgate has more sense and humility than Pearce did. I always felt Pearce was only concerned about his own reputation and selecting certain players was purely about getting a winning tournament on his C.V and not what was best for that player.

Winning an under 21 tournament would be nice but in my mind the under 21 experience is mainly a training period for graduation to the senior England team. All this valuable experience this and tournament know how that is mostly a lot of garbage IMO. I get it is relevant for some players, but once an under 21 eligible player is a regular senior international and is playing regularly for their club side you remove them from under 21 consideration to avoid burnout.

In that instance Jack and the Ox are no no’s for me. I maybe would disagree with AW about Chambers though as he is only flirting with the senior set-up at present and he may gain from joining up with the under 21’s. Ditto Jenkinson.

14. Thanks for the offer Micky, but I wouldn’t be able to make it anyway.

Blimey, he’s at it again! 350 quid on a hot rubber doll. Smut I say! Smut! 😀

15. micky

Moi….. never, I never have a casual attitude towards discipline and a firm Peach sounds quite appetizing 🙂 send her over.

16. arnie says:

Nice stuff, Micky. 🙂 Rant 1 is brilliant. I have to ask an expert for his opinion, and the best singer I know on AA is GiE. BTW, where is GiE? Where is GiE when you need him most?

Rant 2 is not a rant at all, it is evidence of sheer incompetence. 😛 that does not count.

GoonerB. good one. so, Hodgson is unhappy Chambers, Jack and the Ox are not getting enough chances on injury in the senior team. so, what does he do? encourage their inclusion in the U21 team. Bloody insolent, corrupt, insensitive, …… 🙂

I actively dislike Mark Lawrensen.

I hate listening to effing Xmas songs at the end of Oct.

I don’t like TV adverts aimed at children.

Grumpy Old Men 😆

NB – I’ve never been served by a Pole – they’re usually North London’s finest 😕

Micky, the hot dog is a last resort but I am keen on a hot chocolate to keep up the energy levels and keep the frostbite at bay 🙂

And as to new songs …..

How can we have new songs when the club encourages the fans to take their seats as late as possible? It is more important to sell a piss weak pint than it is to create an atmosphere.

At game’s end the stewards throw anyone out who lingers in his seat for more than 5 mins after full-time.

And then there is the DJ. Don’t start me.

We may laugh at the European idea of cheerleaders but it works.

20. arnie says:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirms that he tried to sign Lionel Messi from Barcelona alongside Cesc Fabregas. (Source Beebs).

why, oh why, we we not successful? 😛

Ah, I have thought of something that bothers me.

I really dislike teams who come to the Emirates and start wasting time after 20 minutes and they do this even when the game is still goalless.

This is not the game I used to love and it happens with such regularity that I find myself asking more and more often why on earth do I put myself through this every other week.

Interestingly, well for me it is anyway, is that this doesn’t happen in Spain, the reason is quite simple, if a team started playing that way the fans stop going. Some may argue that that shows a lack of loyalty and they have a point but if we were playing Real would you want Arsenal to go out and try and beat them or start wasting time after 20 minutes?

Sorry to do this but I predict that Liverpool will try and break the bank to sign Walcott in January.

You heard it here first folks.

WHAT LB!!!!!

Vexed is such an understatement 😦

24. arnie says:

No! no way! 😦 surely LB is trying to push us into depression. No way! we may be grumpy, but we are a happy bunch! 🙂

LB. Like you I hate this type of cynicism.

They should use clocks when the ball is out of play so the fans get 90 mins action.

So …. that is Ozil and Theo gone. And kelsey says AW as well.

Doomers 😀

27. Maureen on his criticism of the lack of atmosphere at Stamford Bridge:

On his comments about a lack of support at Stamford Bridge: “I don’t want to make any more comments about it. My job is not to criticise the stadium, even though I did.”

My rant is that I can’t think of another team that gets players with so many repeated injuries and in most cases it’s in different parts of the body.

Walcott is a good example. First he had a shoulder injury, then he had another shoulder injury to the other shoulder and had a plate inserted, and it was then disclosed that it was an inheritant injury. Then he had a 9 month lay off with abdominal injuries and now he has a tight groin.

Theo really is a bit wet, isn’t he? 🙂

Cheers, Micky.
    Your travel plans always make me laugh. 🙂

As far as the creation of songs goes, it used to be a lot easier when four or five hundred pissheads could congregate under the North Bank cover and make something up on the spot. By the time we hear a song started at the North Bank end up the Clock End, the song is usually finished. Only a few songs last long enough with sufficient volume for the whole stadium to join in. That’s partly why only the simplest songs work.
    The other reasons are much as you describe, a dearth of imagination and more importantly, enthusiasm.

Theo was out with a serious anterior cruciate knee injury for most of this year.
    Chuff knows what Crystals is on about. 🙂

32. Chas, I think Crystal;s was actually predicting Walcott’s injuries for the next two seasons. 😀

Oh right, didn’t realise he’d been polishing his ball again.

Anyway, you get the gist 🙂 He’s gets over one injury and then along comes another, a bit like London buses.

I honestly think that early leavers don’t give a shit if they miss a goal.

If it’s a winner or additional goal for us, then they get to enjoy it once they get home or better still on their feckin phones on their nice comfortable journey.

If it’s a goal against, then I imagine they think they’ve done themselves a favour by not having to sit through the misery.

In actual fact, it’s astonishing they bother to turn up at all.

My rant for today has to be about other fans. If I stop going it’ll be because of other fans. Even our away fans have far too many dickheads amongst them.

kelsey
    Where’s the Wenger exposé you were promising us this week?
    I was really looking forward to it.

Especially that cunning use of an old TLA…….

Well, I think the whole day’s comments have been a disgrace, starting with the Mickish opening statement that poor Raddy imakes him ‘sickened on two fronts’.

A thinly veiled attack on our hale fellow, well met troubadour, Raddish, implying that he is a chunder-making two-faced git.

Then up steps or is that stumbles GoonerB V, Naughty, and dives straight in with a reference to Rasp’s Frank Farters — there is no call for mentioning a person’s malodorous affliction.

And then everyone — and I mean everyone — pipes up with their agreement about the lamentable standard of the song chants, and their lack of creativity – and as I was the only one who did not agree, it is obvious that that was a dreadful slur on me and my latest dirge cheerful ditty, “Gibbs is the Nibs” and “A pox on the fox in the box – we got the Ox”. Utterly disgraceful!

And as for NB’s dreadful double entendres regarding firm peaches – well that was well below the belt!

Now THAT is a rant. 🙂

For the sake of decency on the blog, I hope you will have noticed that I did not mention Randy’s reference to the use of cocks when the balls are out in play. Doh!

40. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all.
    Who cares what they sing, Football supporters have never exactly been great Lyricist’s and its not as if your going to a concert. Surprisingly the sound from the Arsenal crowd is now audible on TV as well now, so perhaps the sound man at our matches has finally turned up the sound, as it seems that the library has upped a couple of decibels.

As for your travel planning, and the way it has been thrown into confusion, consider yourself lucky as who wants to see us get another hiding from Dortmund. Its not as if we can field a full strength team anyway, and even if we could we still couldn’t win the Champions league, we have got the 30 million might just as well concentrate on the FA cup.

Rant of the day, Theo Walcott, out for a year and still not playing, will he raise a family before he plays a full 90 minutes or will he need another long term injury for Wenger to give him another long term contract.

Diaby with another contract, and still not playing, what are we a flaming charity for cripples..

“Not satisfied with that, we next hear from Crystals who tries to pass off as a rant an obvious, and favourite doomerism concerning injuries, and zzzzzzzz — sorry it always sends me to sleep.”

I love you too, so don’t read my comments and don’t worry I can’t even understand most of what you write 🙂

42. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha. rant rant rant!!! 🙂

43. arnie says:

my god! why does Theo have so many bones in his body? the more the number, the higher the chances of injury. it seems he returned to fitness just for the interlull! 😛

at least there is Giro……… cannot complain! 🙂

44. The Cockie Monster says:

Fcuk Fridays Rant !…..I want Fridays Rack !.

45. arnie says:

Cockie. that qualifies as a proper rant! 😛

46. The Cockie Monster says:

Yes, arnie, I suppose that is a sort of rant !. hahaha

We want our Rack back !.

47. arnie says:

48. arnie says:

🙂

49. arnie says:

50. stevepalmer1 says:

Which one never, Arnie 🙂

51. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. bloody …….

52. arnie says:

Steve. Alexis? Apparently his injury is “fatigue”. 🙂

53. arnie says:

I guess long flights induce fatigue. 🙂

BTW, I’m in moderation.

54. stevepalmer1 says:

And there’s me thinking he was a human Dynamo, and now his lights are dimming, just as we meet United.

now that is really creative – you really need to be talented to get the dates wrong time after time after time 🙂 Well done Mr Didit !

We really have to win tomorrow. Mancs are on their knees and there is no point having someone by the crystals if you not going to squeeze them, yuk what a revolting proverb.

My only worry is that flat faced Dutchy – he is capable of making a rubbish team win games. When Holland went to the world cup they were nothing special and look how far they went with only one outstanding (and oustandingly ugly) player on the pitch. http://i4.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/article4666788.ece/binary/Screen-Shot-2014-11-21-at-105737.png

Ozil and Jack are apparently in the top 10 most overrated players in the world, the author is a total toolhttp://www.thesportster.com/soccer/top-15-most-overrated-soccer-players-in-the-world/15/

“My only worry is that flat faced Dutchy – he is capable of making a rubbish team win games.”

My worry is that we are capable of making rubbish teams win.

oh yeah, that as well 😦

59. Ant says:

Micky- never trust the official website for match dates.. Always just guess (Tuesday or Wednesday) and I guarantee you will be right eventually!
    The next Ant and Duck show will be an all day Christmas Party spectacular including the Soho Punk Rock walking tour prior to the Toon Army game on Saturday 13th Dec.. Tickets are available now!

I’ll put the kettle on

61. arnie says:

motning all. matchday, is it? ManUre as well. aha, what fun! 🙂

some top comments Evonne. and a little gem from LB.

back to Portugal, night train from Madrid. sorry, Micky have to catch up with a bit of sleep, back laters. 🙂

Arnie does sleep. Learn something new every day.

63. arnie says:

Micky. 🙂

All forecasts point to excellent surf this morning. Can’t wait for the sun to come up and have a gander.

Could be an excellent day today, and the 5pm ko is perfect.

Indian music always makes me want to fold my legs up tightly and get peaceful, then I realise I can’t do either.

Micky
    Kick off is 5.30 pm. – just so as your plans are on the money. 🙂

Chas
    Re: Dortmund. My football plans were bang on the money as I was so flexible, so you cannot knock me on that. Work on the other hand….

Flexibility is the key

Ooo, makes me feel quite odd that pic. You wouldn’t know where to start, would you?

Sham 69 still at it. Wow.

Ha, we’re going to see Crashed Out, the Angelic Upstarts and Sham in Leamington next Friday.

They are so brilliant those Hodgson/Rooney things. Just love the fact that someone spends their time doing it. Superb.

Blimey. Memories. Just saw the girl in the swastika armband in that sham vid, and reminds me of the time I went home once. Dyed hair was one thing, but the day I tooled up wearing some medals I got from some charity shop, my father went absolutely bersurk.

Morning all.

I have so much to say but will keep it zipped up until later.

Back to bed.

76. Good morning Matchday 🙂

ha ha, just as we get Walcott back from injury…. he appears to be injured again.

If LB’s Theo to Pool story ends up being true, I’ll be a damn sight more than Wenger Outing, I can tell you.

Ok then, Crystals has gone, so lets talk behind his back.

Hazarding a guess what he has so much to talk about, how about, Wenger’s a gonna if he loses this one? 🙂

The Utd attack is better than our defence.
    The Arsenal attack is better than their defence.
    I like that. Should be good. Cannot wait.

80. I’m trying to visualise that Yoga pose by Chas and what it would look like from 90 degrees to the left 🙂

Oh here we go 🙂

82. oi micky

Purely from a Artistic viewpoint, nothing else! 🙂

83. Something like this I would expect:

84. Nine hours to kick off………. that’s 17:30 micky if you’re not too sure with your military calculations 🙂

What are you saying?
    Plucked? Oven ready? Trussed up?

The sun is up. The day is planned. Low tide 11:30. We hit the beach at 12:30. Two hours in, back, shower, thrash Utd. Tidy.

87. The chicken that is, not the Arsenal 🙂

Ah, of course, how could I have forgotten that 🙂

Lateral thinker and all round perv is what you are.

OMG, I feel like NB, ie dirty old man, woman in my case….Thierry is on the telly talking about Wenger – sheer poetry. I think the whole interview with The Legend is on Football Focus at 11am, a must watch

In a word, NO 🙂
    See that bloke at the beginning diving in, then get stranded on the rocks. Ouch, that hurts

Oh Eddie, don’t tell me, the self centred git was sucking up to Arsene 😦

Great footballer, but…..

92. Eddie

Enough with the ‘old’ ok!

who is the self centred git???? Thierry? Have you gone bananas Micky dear?

NB – 2 questions for you
    1. how old are you?
    2. have you painted any pictures without absolutely any toilet humour, sex or nudity? I’d like to see them, love your choice of colours

Eddie
    He had two opportunities in his career to show some balls, and he blew it on both occasions.

One: last season at Arsenal, where he ripped of both Club and Fans.
    Two: France WC Fiasco and the bus incident. He was the senior player and should have taken a leadership and responsibility role. He chose to do neither, showing that he’s weak, spineless and cares about one person only.

Best player we’ve ever had, yes.

96. Eddie

Getting a bit personal there…. age is irrelevant don’t you think?

Painting coming next… no nude, no sex, no toilet humour 🙂

97. Not sure what’s wrong with my facebook photos, will search another

micky – I have to think about it. Both cases you mentioned left a stain on his CV, for sure, but if you can only find two such examples over many years he played for us, then it is not a bad run, is it? He would definitely not make in the SAS though and that worries me

I wouldn’t think about it Eddie. Stay with the love 🙂
    I just don’t like men like him

oh my God NB!!!! So you think that telling your age is a bit personal, but posting the Great Masturbator isn’t????? Had I painted something like that, I would never let anyone see it. Did you sell it?

I only wanted to say that if you are over 60, then you are old 🙂 Middle age ends on the wrong side of 50; two more years and Chas won’t get away with wearing yoggish leotards

101. so cos I’m not over, I’m not old then. 🙂

thank you NB, it’s beautiful! The purple and ochre are stunning together. Great scene

ok Micky, I will continue drooling over TH14 🙂

Eddie
    Drool on
    You drooling over TH is like us drooling over Rack of The Day. No-one’s too fussed over the subjects’ mind 🙂

🙂 is this a self portrait?
    Pay not attention to my jibes, I am just a bitter middle aged woman, I mean no harm. and for what it’s worth to you I am VERY impressed by your art. And I hate Jack Vettriano who seems to be so fashionable now

pee off mickish!! there is a big difference between some slapper with fat tits and TH14. I happen to think that Thierry is intelligent, well spoken and sooooo suave. If you don’t believe me, ask Peaches

106. Actually it was a self portrait, my ex took a photo of me asleep when I used to work the brocantes, and I did a painting from the photo.

107. You just have to love anyone who’s called Titty 🙂

thought so 🙂

Giroud is fit already! Whole month ahead of schedule!!!

Rasp – in Raddy’s absence there is no prematch, is there?
    Could we have a simple result and scorers voting?

111. Waiting for Rasps PM… in the meantime:

Artistic smut

Just sorting the post ……………. thanks Raddy 😉

113. Art has a lot to answer for:

114. New Post everyone ………………..

115. Google says:

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to present one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.