Has Rambo’s key role been diluted?

Aaron Ramsey was arguably our best player last season, so much so that you could feel the palpable angst whenever there was a possibility that he may be injured. That contrasted with the relief that everything would be fine as long as Rambo was available to play.

rambo

This season, however, has been almost a polar opposite to last, and Aaron does seem somewhat out of sorts. Admittedly there has been the usual injury spell and not all players find immediate form when they return. Is it just that simple though, is it just that Ramsey needs more time to rediscover his form or is there something else at play here?

What I have been asking myself is have the new arrivals altered the balance of how we play to his detriment? If there is any merit to this argument then I think it will come down to consideration of the following points :

1 What system / set-up are we currently playing?
2 What are Ramsey’s key strengths as a player?
3 On the back of the answers to 1 & 2, what is Ramsey’s best position in our set-up?

This is what I would like to discuss with you all. If you simply feel he is just temporarily out of form but will rediscover his form of last season then let us know. If you feel that there has been a shift in style and formation at the club this season that has reduced our need for what Ramsey brings to the table then tell us why you feel this way. You can use my pointers above or highlight others that you may feel are relevant.

Written by GoonerB

112 Responses to Has Rambo’s key role been diluted?

1. K says:

It’s all psychological. Last season, Ramsey stuck to the basics of midfield patrol and it gave him the confidence to get forward and get among the goals – which he did with aplomb. However, despite scoring a lot, his role as a midfielder came first and the goals came second. This season, he’s forgotten about the all-round aspect of his natural game. He just wants to score goals and he’s forgetting the basics. He is a player who tends to overcompensate when up against it.

He will return to form once he goes back to basics.

2. ‘morning all,

Difficult one this, GoonerB, I hope the lack-lustre performances, since his return from injury, indicate a temporary drop in confidence rather than a reversion to his old habits of knocking off lateral or backward passes which were perceived to be negative.

I’m in the dark about his best position, as I suspect Arsene is to some extent. Alexis has filled some of the space in which Ramsey previously prospered, so it seems he has been required to play a bit deeper and to offer a bit more in defence.

I think both Ramsey and Cazorla are suffering a bit from their lack of goals, a bit over anxious when in good scoring positions. Hopefully both will soon score and their anxieties will be eased.

I don’t think any one player can be picked out as particularly failing. The constant changes due to injuries in the squad, the run of “must win” fixtures and the poor string of results are all factors that are creating unwanted pressure on the team.

GoonerB

thanks for the post at the eleventh hour 🙂

1. That is a very good question and quite frankly I don’t think AW knows himself and seems to be experimenting,based on the players currently available.

2 & 3. To me he is an attacking midfielder,invariably in the box before most, always looking to score, possibly a bit greedy,but that might be as he appears desperate to score.

Defensively not so good, too many hollywood passes but the passion and commitment is definitely there in his game.

I don’t think we can afford to rest him as Santi is also out of form and even Ozil if fit could step in, and Campbell might be the answer for a cameo role, providing it isn’t the 88th.minute, but AW is reluctant to play him.

So our options are limited and Wilshere most probably would fit the bill as being the nearest best option, but he has failings as well.

4. Rasp

Thanks for your reply on the last thread. I’ll take that into consideration for the post. Didn’t know it was a rule 🙂

GB

I think Ramsey is just not on form, last year he had a lot of success in his goalscoring, he seems to be trying the same this season but not quite getting there. I couldn’t understand AW’s comments that Ramsey should stop trying to score and concentrate on team work. At the end of the day, if a player sees an opportunity to shoot from distance, he should go for it.

Hi GoonerB 🙂

As you know, I am an expert in nothing, with an opinion on everything, and I will happily elucidate.

Tactics – schmactics there are others on here who can talk tactics – but for what it is worth I doubt tactics have anything to do with Aaron’s current malaise.

Being by nature an observer and a thinker, I have formed an opinion based on these observations of the Welsh Boyo, which is that his running gait has been compromised this season.

Rambo has never been ‘speedy’ but has had a perfectly adequate running pace, and that has been bolstered by his sheer energy.

This season he looks like he is running through some extremely sticky molasses and like the US 7th Cavalry is never quite getting to his expected destination on time.

My fear is that the injury he suffered is having a detrimental, if belated, affect on him – and rather than giving himself more time to get back into the swing of things, he is pushing himself too hard and too soon.

As a side note, and to prove I know sweet FA, if I was the coach, I would send him off for some physiology tests, because, referring back to my observations, I think his running looks a bit disjointed and he is favoring his left leg. If he was a horse they would probably put him down.

Why my concentration on his running? So, if the body is moving well, it simply is forgotten about and the player can concentrate on his footballing skills including passing, shooting and anticipation of where his should be, and where his team mates are.

When a player is struggling with fitness or a muscle/ligature problem he cannot rely on his body and the whole thing gets friggled up.

Aaron needs to slowly regain his fitness with some time in the reserves, and not in the first team, and/or visit pay a visit to a physiologist to see whether or not he has a latent, unbalanced musculature function as a result of his dreadful original injury.

I told you I know bugger all. 🙂

6. Good point about Campbell, Kelsey, just why won’t Wenger give him a chance? He even preferred No Go Sanogo as a sub the other day. It’s not as though we have a prolific central striker who is so good he can’t be dropped (rested).

Welbeck is willing but he hasn’t exactly hit the headlines with his scoring exploits yet.

Surely it’s time for Wenger to ring the changes and give Podolski or Campbell at least half an hour as a sub even if he can’t quite bring himself to start one of them.

Hi NG

Yes he brought on Sanogo in the 88th minute, a guy who has never scored a PL goal for us.

Anyway you know my stance on Wenger 🙂

I notice Santi has been mentioned in the comments, and it cannot be denied that not all is well with him.

He admitted himself that last season was not a good one for him, and he hoped to show the fans, this season, that he can contribute more to the team.

In my view he hasn’t, and if the scuttlebut is to be believed, part of the reason why we did not re-sign Cesc was because, first and foremost, we had signed Mesut, with the secondary cause being a fully firing Santi.

The irony is that, in line with our usual injury return schedule, Ôzil is likely to be out for the rest of the season, and Santi is hopeless.

[I have to admit that I was not too keen on Fabregas’ return – but I have changed my mind.] 🙂

9. Yep, one foot firmly on the back of his neck. 😀

NG, don’t start Kelsey off on Wenger – we have all heard it, at least a hundred times – and he is wrong. 🙂

11. RA, if Ozil is out for so long, Cazorla is hopeless and Fabregas not available, how about Mata? If he had a shave and a decent haircut, he would look quite good in an Arsenal shirt.

12. Right! It looks as if the rain is easing off a bit, so it’s time to take the dog out, we are looking after my son’s pooch while he and his misses slope off to Thailand.

Back later.

NG,

With reference to Campbell I am mystified too as to his non-appearance, unless when AW sees him in training he is just not good enough. We have seen so little of him it is hard to tell.

As regards the Pod, I have to confess I have never been too impressed with him when he has played. Yes, a great left foot and his shooting can be fantastic, but he contributes little else.

He is worth keeping until the summer before being sold, for his shooting alone, but in a team lacking confidence he is a bit of a luxury.

Campbell might well go in January to help buy a DM, because the £20m allegedly available in January will not in itself buy much.
    In any event, I don’t think Wenger sees him as a keeper.

14. Shard says:

What happened to rant Friday?

But I have no rants today since everything is great in this world. Why? Because yesterday I got to see Robert Pires play, score (a penalty), and got him to sign my t-shirt.

Ramsey? Ramsey isn’t great at the moment. He’s trying to perform cheap magic tricks to live up to his Welsh Jesus monicker. Who does he think he is trying to be all Hollywood? His pretty boy looks have nothing on Robert Pires anyway.

Some interesting early observations.

RA I can see what your saying about his running style but I am not so sure it is so different from before. I think he has always had a slightly laboured running style. He has a great engine for continual running but isn’t what I would call an explosive runner with a sudden turn of pace.

It is no secret that I like a 4-2-3-1 formation with the 2 comprising 2 DM’s but with one being a holding DM and one being more a free roaming or box to box DM. The 3 comprise 2 quick wing forwards who can score goals either side and a good number 10 in behind the striker.

Based on the 4-2-3-1 formation I think many people see Ramsey as the free roaming DM which is where he is often played. The problem is I don’t see his attributes (apart from his stamina) as this being his best role. That lack of explosive pace holds him back from being good in this role IMO. He too often gets caught on the ball and can’t drive past people and carry the ball forwards. I believe this was also the case last year when he played from deeper but it was over-looked due to the important goals he was coming up with.

I feel Wilshere and Rosicky are currently the best suited to the free DM due to their ability to shift up a gear and drive past people in Midfield which means they can carry the ball out from deeper midfield. Ramsey’s chief attribute last year was scoring important goals. He was almost becoming our Frank Lampard (sorry). As such I see his best position as the number 10 role where he can get into the box and score goals and not have to receive possession so deep.

The problem is that this is a position that Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez can play well. It could even be argued that it is Podolski’s most natural role. We have too many players that are best suited to a certain position IMO and I can only see hard decisions about who stays and who goes as resolving it.

The additions of Wellbeck and Sanchez have added extra goal threat to us which now means we are not so reliant on Ramsey’s goals as last season. I see him trying desperately to get into goal-scoring positions to justify his role in a first 11, but unfortunately I think he is so desperate for this he is losing sight of other duties and, as others are now scoring the goals and not him, his role looks less effective. In this I agree with K at 11.50.

My answers to the 3 questions are :

1. 4-2-3-1
    2. Goal scoring attacking CM
    3. number 10.

Thanks GB, my thoughts on Ramsey are pretty much the same as K’s in the first comment(welcome to AA by the way).

My concern is as usual that Ramsey may not be receiving the clear instructions her needs to return to basics and everything else will follow.

Its fine to be patient and give players some latitude but the team’s needs have to come first. No-one can motivate purely with praise and positivity – sometimes players need to know that they are letting the team down …. I’m not aiming this specifically at Ramsey.

17. anthony says:

I think that Rambo is inhibited by teh central space occupied by Sanchez adn thats why Wenger tells him to hold back as we have an in form goals scorer in Sanchez.

Are you a betting man RA 🙂

Stick with us realists, AW will be gone by the end of the season.

RA. I am not too sure that Cesc would cure our ills at the moment. I come back to us having a surplus of those players anyway. Interesting to note that there were flaws pointed out in Cesc’s defensive duties against Liverpool as well on MOTD. It may be that Chelsea’s all round better defensive organisation don’t make his so obvious and don’t hurt them as much. I don’t think Cesc would have made a huge difference to where we are now this season if at Arsenal, but can see why some would feel it would be the case. It is just that he is currently operating in a better and more organised outfit so he looks significantly better IMO.

I would like to see Rambo given a chance at number 10 with 2 DM’s behind him while Ozil is out. Give Santi a couple of games breather. We could either go with Rambo at 10 and 2 of the 3 of Sanchez, Ox and Walcott as the wide attacking wing forwards or take both Ramsey and Cazorla out and go with Sanchez at 10 with Walcott and the Ox to the sides. Either way I would prefer Ramsey CAM than CDM and to use Wilshere and Rosicky in the deeper roles.

BTW I have only just seen MOTD2 and noted that the BFG’s response after the game is the type I would like to hear. Basically we f—–d up, we were naive and negligent and we need to learn to put it right quickly.

Kelsey,

The one thing AW has always maintained that he is a man of his word and will not walk out on a commitment, he see’s his contract as a commitment and will stay to it’s expiration date.

Even if the board were to make the unlikely recommendation to fire him Stan he would reject it – so I’m happy to say that AW will be here, at least, until end of this contract and maybe longer.

GB, a few seasons back I was one of Ramsey’s detractors when he was in a slump, he came out of that slump to show us what an outstanding footballer he really was and he will do the same again.

23. Vintage Gooner says:

Rambo is certainly something of a mystery this season. However I don’t agree with those trying to push him further forward into the no 10 role. In my view Aaron’s greatest attribute is his astonishing stamina.and this makes him a complete natural as a box to box player.

For me the problem this season is that he is distinctly below par in the simple basics like tight ball control and short accurate passing (he is not alone in either of these) and this is where his concentration must improve.

I am intrigued by the suggestion of a running problem as this would explain his lack of total focus at key moments but my physio knowledge would leave a lot of space on the back of a small postage stamp so I leave this diagnosis and cure to others.

The one thing neither he nor we should worry about is the goals he is (or isn’t) contributing. This is just icing on a very rich cake and getting the cake right will make the icing far the easiest to resolve.

It’s very unlikely that Southampton, Swansea or West Ham will maintain their current positions so if we take them out of the equation then that would put us in third place, albeit a ways behind the top two.

We had shocking lapse’s in the last two games but I see those lapses as aberrations that will be learned from and eliminated – I’ve learned not to react to all of the doomer’s and I’m happy to await our undoubted turnaround.

GN5, I hope you are right and thanks for commenting on a tactical post. I know they are your favourites 🙂

Out of interest I want to Keep Ramsey at the club but would prefer him in a different role, one I feel he is more suited to. I feel we have a few players who all have the same best position and something has to give. I would prefer to lose other players and free up space for Ramsey to have a go in a different role.

Vintage I agree with you about the stamina but I also think the deeper position exposes his weaknesses and doesn’t allow him to get as close to the box where he has a natural eye for goal. At the moment he is committing himself too far forwards to get into his favoured position nearer the goal and it is upsetting our balance and defensive shape IMO.

I must admit to having changed my mind a few times on Rambo’s best position but as I have seen him develop I feel he could be an eventual natural inheritor of Ozil’s role. He sees a pass in the last third also IMO while conversely his passes from deeper seem to involve too many cross-field hollywood types.

26. JM says:

Ramsey can learn much from Toni Kroos.

Kroos was practically a monster at WC2014 with his passing accuracy and his ability to set up goals. He is also a good long shot taker and takes up good scoring positions.
    He can play both AM and CM positions well, adapting his role with Germany (sharing the creative spot with Özil & Götze) and Real Madrid (pairings with Modrić, Illarramendi etc).

My answer: Ramsey to have the flexibility to play either CM or AM, as and when the situation requires for each match. He has a skill somewhat like “surprising shadow runs” – which has contributed to him being at goal-scoring positions (and getting goals) last season.

Good point JM. Off for a bit now, see you all later.

Cheers, GoonerB

I doubt Rambo’s loss of form is much to do with any formation change, The way he played last season is exactly what we’re missing this season. Even though he scored and assisted plenty last year, he was also top tackler for the team, I believe.

I think he needs to be grounded again. Not in the sense of stopping his pocket money and sending him to his bedroom, but in the getting back to basics which many have spoken of.

Last season his timing was impeccable (as JM said). He appeared in the box making late runs, seemed to know when to drive on and when to hold back. This season he’s often seen standing waiting for the ball in a line with the strikers when he’s desperately needed in our link-up play further down the pitch.

Hopefully it’ll come back soon.
    Personally I’d get him to shave that awful fuzz off, go back to having a non-poncey haircut and get him to forget about his image. 🙂

Agreed, Chas, 🙂 Especially about the hair and the matelot beard.

Hi GN5,

I have only just got back and seen Kelsey’s ‘betting’ comment – I am not a betting man, but either way, your 1 ; 20 p.m. comment says it all for me. 🙂

Kelsey, I appreciate that things have gone a bit wonky for Arsene and Arsenal just lately, and I guess you are thinking it will carry on that way.

You won’t mind me saying I think you are wrong.
    (You are such a ‘realist’, you are not Herb in disguise, are you?) 🙂

Sadly, you are far from being alone, and I can understand that – but it baffles me that such a decent, intelligent man as Mr Wenger is being subjected to some poisonous invective on some other blogs, for whom he is portrayed as a moron, duplicitous and deceitful – tho’ not by you, I hasten to add.

[OK, they are my words – but that is what they meant]

GoonerB,

Got to go, again, but that was a fine response [12:47 and 12;57] to my opinion on what may be affecting Rambo, and you may well be right – anyway, whatever it is let’s hope he rectifies things asap. 🙂

32. RC78 says:

I think that earlier in the year, we played a 4-1-2-3 and that we have somehow, and in some games, reverted to a 4-2-1-3 like last year.

Rambo is a killer in a 4-2-1-3 system as he can play along side the “assigned DM” or he can play as the “1” in the middle making more attacking runs and linking up with the central striker…

1. Right now, it is hard to know the exact system we are playing but I think that the team is basically set up as a 4-1-2-3 for most of the games and this is, IMHO, a mistake given the fact that we do not have a real DM and that might hence impact Rambo’s attacking output.

2. Ramsey, when fit, is a gem of box-to-box player as he really has the attributes to carry this role both defensively and offensively. His main strenght for me is his awareness in terms of his attacking runs.

3. I think he is best as the “1” in a 4-2-1-3 as he can really impact the game offensively and still do a fair share defensively. Of course, this would mean benching Ozil, which I do not have a problem with…

If I were Wenger, I would play (when players are not injured):

PiG – Debs, BFG, Kos, Gibbs – OX, Arteta (unless we get a real HM) – Ramsey – Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez

I know I put Giroud ahead of Wellbeck and I stand by it because I think he is better at bringing other players in the game and also because he is bringing this long-ball focal point to the game…That said, if Wellbeck is a starter, I am really happy about it as well 🙂

Excellent point Chas earlier about Ramsey hanging around too much like a CF waiting for an opportunity to arrive rather than getting involved in the link up play deeper and then timing his runs. In many ways that describes the whole team a bit at times, that they are all pushing up too much into one offensive line rather than having runs coming from all sorts of different angles.

RC78 I agree about the lack of a quality DM affecting Ramsey. I also think it affects Wilshere when he plays there. I like Arteta but neither he nor Flamini can effectively cover that role in front of the back 4 primarily on their own. There are better exponents of that role aout there.

I feel at times this means the defensive midfield partner needs to come back alongside the sitting midfielder too much to help out and double up. When Ramsey plays the role he seems to concentrate on getting forward and often leaves us exposed down the centre with Arteta or Flamini trying to cover the defensive duties without as much help. When wilshere plays I feel he then recognises their struggles and sits back too much to help out and we lose his forward drive through midfield. A top sitting midfielder would add a lot to the balance our play IMO.

34. In the past if a particular player wasn’t performing he’d be given a couple of games in the stiffs, where he would be given a few forthright pointers as to his problems.

I suppose that nowadays they’re all a bit too precious to be subjected to an old fashioned b********g, instead they get an arm round the shoulder and some counselling. When what they really need is a kick up the a**e.

To answer RA and GN5

You both know I support our club as much as the next man and we can’t live in the past all the time.

Signs were there last season that we were making progress yet injuries prevailed once again but more importantly we failed to beat the top clubs yet again, and that is the true reflection as to progress.
    We have regressed as have other clubs, but my interest is only with Arsenal.
    Many use the phrase AKB, well to me that means Arsene Knew Best and the man has worked wonders but I don’t want to see him humiliated, and next week I will put a post up for my reasons.

If I am wrong I truly would be delighted, so we will see

36. Barumgooner says:

I dont believe ramsey has been all that bad,hes obviously not had the impact of last year mainly imo due to injuries again but he is a fine player and one of the few midfielders we have who actually run beyond the forwards. I think not having giroud has hindered him in this respect, we are not playing with a strong target man so therefore no knock-downs and no scraps to feed on. He does need to stop trying to push for the goals and concentrate on the basics but that is for the management team to enforce. Mistakes have been made this term again but to me its a combination of bad luck and bad management, not individual ability or desire.

37. Barumgooner says:

Bad luck in terms of injuries to giroud,koschielny and debuchy and bad management by letting jenks go out on loan when the only cover for cb is also our cover for rb.

Evening all.

GB….great question of the day.

Aaron has got lost in the soup of this season’s 4-1-4-1 (and he’s not alone), which happily seems to have come to an end. However, it has been replaced with Sanchez filling the central role and this has cramped Aarons style methinks. Yes, I think he needs to go back to basics, but I really don’t see us seeing the best of him without a rock steady DM which I really believe Arsene is after.

His form last season was no fluke, so the ingredients and quality are still there, so I’m sure we’ll see the best of him again.

Still shouldn’t ever play in the same team as Jack though 🙂

ps while I was away, I really appreciated the Wag pics. “Buy that Pole, Arsene, it makes so much sense” 🙂

calm down DidIt, WAG is French 🙂

yes, Chas is right – it’s Ramsey’s awful facial hair that’s his problem. He needs a good barber, bloody steak and chips, two weeks in Ibiza and he’ll be as good as new.

Other than that? I am lost, how such a brilliant performer could become so average as soon as he got married

“French”….oh yuk, all smelly and hairy. “Don’t sign him Arsene, the Wag’s a fake”

Just looking back over comments, I see Raddy’s still AWOL. Weak 🙂

ooooh, I did miss you 🙂

GB – about Krychowiak – my brother likes him because he is determined. Perhaps not the best DM in the world, but makes up with his fighting spirit. Why another midfielder though??? We need a couple of solid defenders

Right Eddie
    Whatcha been up to? Any unusual incidents you’ve been involved in that you could share?

Don’t tell me he got married.
    It’s no wonder that he’s changed beyond all recognition, then.

“show us a bit more Hollywood, then we can go and join your mate Garth at Real.”

“ooooo, I love how your bum fluff beard tickles me, Aaron”

“you’ve just got to get into the box more”

Kelsey,

Yawn, yawn. 🙂

Chas 🙂

Off for a nibble. Bloody starving is what I is.

Line up “something of the day” for my return 🙂

Ding Dong merrily on high

nope, nothing much to tell. This guy I know reckons that Jesus wants me back, but I am not sure I am ready for a life change

ROI v Scotland kick off in a mo. I do have a soft spot for Celts mmmmmm

55. The Cockie Monster says:

Hahaha……..I wrote on another site….” I know chas on AA sometimes puts up a nice…” Rack of the Day !”……..21 mins later, it appears !………nice !.

Ding Dong indeed 🙂

Micky,

Do you think Chas walks around in an — let me see — yes, I think I can get around the Peaches’ mum’s rules — aroused sense of things while ‘researching’ all those porno interesting vids? 🙂

RA
    No such creature as an un-aroused Chas exits. It’s a mythical beast.

Right, I’d better go and find something to do.

Bright and early is when I’ll be back.

Ahhh, Rack of the Day.

You gotta luv it.

LB – not really.

62. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Aaron Ramsey, Had a spell last year where all he did went his way, many players have spells like this. I don’t see Ramsey as a game changer, he may have spells throughout his caree’r but Aaron is nothing special.

I felt that all the acclaim was a flash in the pan, I don;t believe Ramsey will give another season like last, an average player at best.

What Ramsey does have are a few tricks but without blistering pace or a fierce shot Ramsey may never reach the same as before.

Wilshere is another that has hit a little form but like Aaron his head is bigger than his talent, another that can’t shoot and another slowcoach. I feel the words for these type of players is flash in the pan players, but sadly not long term. Welbeck also looks to be in that category looked good to start but has almost disappeared from sight.

Talented players like Suarez Aguero Hazzard Messi will always be breathtaking to watch, natural skills that will always be on show, if we are lucky Sanchez may be another, But Aaron and Jack will always be disappointing, and have their fair share of injuries. Theo is another that will have spells but he too is fragile, and he also thinks he is one of the best out there but he too has had a very long time out injured and i expect him not to last.

Arsenal is a club who seem to produce players that has short spells of form, The Henry’s are a thing of the past, all our players seem small and fragile our injuries seem to suggest that that weakness is enough to always keep us from competing for The Premier or Champions league.

Just got in after a great night watching The Rejects.
    Steve, I think you ought to go fishing, mate.

Mmmm, favourite ever piece of music.
    Could be this
    Go on, give it two mins

Or two mins of this
    And check out the Flautist behind clearly thinking “bitch”

Or, and finally, this, but it includes the performance. Done. Promise.

Oh God, I know what’s coming:

We all live in a yellow submarine
    Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
    We all live in a yellow submarine
    Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

😦

Wow Chas. A bearable Beetles song. 🙂

69. Breakfast…. sets me up for the day 🙂

Great pic NB

One question. What with your seemingly unquenchable thirst, and your apparent excessive fertility, is your opening move of the day to glance to either side to see if there’s a stranger next to you?

71. ha ha micky 🙂

I would hope that if it’s my opening move of the day we’re not strangers anymore. But having said that, I have had some shocks

Ha ha NB
    Here’s a true story. I used to have an evening job working in an off license. Worked with a Lebanese bloke. He got some poor girl back to his flat and thought it would be amusing when the time came to go into the bathroom, jump into a dressing gown and then announce that he was ready and coming in. He had armed himself with a broom, which he held behind his back with about two feet creating a hideous illusion forcing the lower front of the garment firmly forwards and then entered the bedroom. She screamed uncontrollably, grabbed her things, and ran out hysterical.
    No nookey for Norri that night 🙂

I bet you have
    Occupational hazard 🙂

74. Will this be Wengers final scene?

Great scene

I think England play today. Any of our boys likely to feature?

Post sent.

78. micky

It looks as if Gibbs will have to play because Baines is injured.

Morning all

I can’t really think of anything to say, but I never knew that Simon Cowell swung both ways .Are there any straight people left 🙂

Has the bald eagle gone AWOL

RA if you around I offer you a challenge to write a post which will be the polar opposite of mine. Go on, you know you can do it.

England teatime kick off.NB might be write but then Hodgeson is always full of surprises. I hope Theo doesn’t play as a very well informed poster on here told me he mustn’t play on a wet pitch 🙂

oops, might be right.

81. Kels

Hodgeson doesn’t have a choice, Gibbs is the only other LB in the team. Shaw is excluded because of a FIFA ruling

Ah Crystals, morning to you too.

Utterly miserable day for everything isn’t it? 🙂

A bit like Arsenal then NB no quality of numbers in defence 🙂

Ah micky we need a few racks of lamb, so where is chas, to brighten things up 🙂

Le Spencer Davis Group, made in France, interesting

85. Kels

They have to be proud of something…

I don’t think I need to say what I think of Bob Hoskins.

It was a great game last night. Arsenal would be proud of some of the sitters missed by the Jokes. Scotland won and they deserved it 😦

Ha ha
    I trembled at the thought of clicking on something called “Crack of the Day”
    But wow, what a stadium. Where is it, and why couldn’t we have designed something as interesting?

88. Erection of th day 🙂

Did you see a Paddy last night with blood all over his arm who didn’t want to get off the pitch? We need him in our squad

ist picture looks in the far east and the second is in China, look at the letters on the white and blue pillar or it could be the new prototype Spurs corporate boxes.

91. The Crack of the Day was designed by a woman in Qatar……… I would guess a geezer designed the one in China 🙂

92. Eddie

I remember my days in Islington when there were Paddy’s with blood all over them everywhere on a Saturday night 🙂

NB – good old days 😁

94. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Thanks for the advice Chas, but fishing is a little like Arsenal, one good day and many blanks.

As we all know, Arsenal have the players who can play exciting football, A couple of fabulous team goals this year has shown that they can move the ball around and create fabulous moments, Sadly we have players who are not consitent, players who cannot play more than a few games, at their best.

We have a goalkeeper who makes fantastic save’s one day and has howlers another, when all that’s needed is a safe pair of hands in every game.

Consistency is all a football team need, Yes the more talented players will shine and show how creative they can be and the inform players will also have spells where they will shine, but if all of the players can play consistency we have a team that will compete.

I feel its time to go back to basic football, Defenders defending instead of rushing up the field and leaving their position vulnerable. As far as our fullbacks or as the modern man says wingback, i feel that stopping goals should be their aim, if the manager wants a player running the wing, proper wingers should be employed.

I find it frustrating that we buy players for certain positions which may be midfield and then play them on the wing, or a player like Podolski who has the fiercest shot out of the whole team but gets 5 minutes at the end of the game while other players like Cazorla Ramsey and Wilshere who kick powder puff shots usually off target.

Losing 2.0 in the last couple of minutes in Wales, and chasing the game, we bring on Sanogo who has not played for an age, and who must be as ring rusty as most of our subs, While our right back was being Mullered, we leave a fast nimble Belerin sitting on the bench.

Now i am no tactical expert, but horses for courses should be the order of the day. Our Manager seems to be plucking idea’s out of the sky instead of seeing where we are struggling and plugging the gaps.

95. Georgia O’Keefe knew how to do it 🙂

96. Good days indeed Eddie 😀

97. stevepalmer1 says:

Sorry 2.1

98. Steve

So negative and too early on a Saturday morning, take your Mr Angry hat off, have a glass of wine and chill. We have another week before all the angst starts again, 🙂

99. poigmothoin says:

Morning All
    After all these artistic pictures, I’m not sure how to interpret the PMR 🙂

100. micky

So were the pyramids but it doesn’t stop us visiting Egypt and wondering at the pure genius of them 🙂

101. poig

PMR: Personne à Mobilité Réduite?

102. stevepalmer1 says:

Fair comment NB 🙂

Oh come on NB. Slaves were ok back in those days. 🙂

104. poigmothoin says:

NB
    P for Peaches 🙂

105. poig

You are being mischievous now… you little tinker 🙂

Morning all ……..