Don’t Mention the War ….

I don’t want to write about him, so I won’t.

No, not the big mouthed class-less clown or even his vicious, neanderthal henchman – I have plenty to say about them. I am talking about the player upon whom the media are choosing to focus almost to the exclusion of there being two unbeaten teams meeting this afternoon. It will not be about one man but about 22.

I don’t like Chelsea, never have.

My first trip to the small club close to Fulham was in the ’60’s.  Along with the rest of the North Bank I marched to the Bridge. At that time (and probably today) Chelsea had a bunch of meathead followers called the Shed Boys – loonies to a man, every one a criminally violent fascist; it was the intelligentsia from the genteel streets of Islington who would attempt to “Take the Shed”. It will not surprise our regular readers to discover that I had no intention of hitting anyone or even less of being hit, after all it would have done severe damage to my karmic being, but I was carried along in the spirit of the North Bank as we entered the ground. The next hour was horrific as fights broke out all around me and the Shed became a battle ground.

Unknown-1

The Shed

I have no idea whether the Shed was taken, all I know was that I vowed that from then on I would sit in the stands for away games at The Bridge. On my last visit I was with the Away Boys in the lower stand and above us were the Chavs; needless to say the whole game was ruined by them throwing coins, drinks, urine and other stuff down on us whilst the police and stewards looked away. I will never go back.

The days of the wonderful Chelsea Pensioners with their stoicism and humour are well gone. Want to know about Chelsea’s New Sophistication? John Terry is all the answer you need. Please, please. please let him get Diaby’ed this afternoon.

Then there is the manager. If I allowed it my keyboard would self destruct rather than let me write about him. Yes he is a brilliant tactician and has won time and time again. Yes, he has the Indian sign over Mr. Wenger. But let me ask you this …. would you let him go out with your daughter???  Just recall the spiteful and cowardly eye-gouge whilst at Barca, can you imagine Mr Wenger doing that? The High Priest of the Me-Generation has found his natural home

I can’t write about their team. They will surely win the title this year and are very, very good in every department. But so what ….. they are still Chavs.

Arsenal: Before we get all doomy it should be recalled we go into this game unbeaten on the back of a fine win against the Turkish Chavs.

We do not have the players to play defensively and I do not believe Mr Wenger will be over-cautious. No-one wants a repeat of last season but this is a game we should try to win as opposed to damage limitation. We have superb attacking potential and this is a game where Alexis will surely shine.

What do we need to do to get a result? Be lucky. Be resolute. Be tactically aware. Be fearless. Be ruthless. Be aware that we have huge pace and the centre of Chelsea’s defence is manned by Orcs.

My Team:

7th oct

The real concern with this side is the size of our midfield. Is there a more diminutive midfield in world football? If Mr. Wenger plays Cazorla instead of Ox he would lose 15cms and Ox is hardly a giant. Could Diaby be a solution – is he available? Or Bellerin at RB and Chambers alongside Flamini as a defensive shield?

We will not get many chances so Welbz will have to be potent.

The food from the Borough of Chelsea is , as you would expect, dreadful. Cakes and Buns mainly – not your lovely creamy jobs, more things full of fats and raisins.

Unknown-2

The Chelsea Bun – Looks like something a dog laid.

Can we win today? It is a huge ask with Chelsea being in fine form and with our brave squad diminished by injury. The losses of Debuchy and Ramsey could hurt us today. As good as Chambers is, he is going to find the pace and trickery of Hazard difficult. Ramsey’s ability to score and his non-stop movement is hard to replace. But why not? We have an excellent team and we are unbeaten.

Trouble is Chelsea have one of my heroes playing in their midfield.

Don’t mention the war.  I did once but I think I got away with it.

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy.

235 Responses to Don’t Mention the War ….

1. Sorry Raddy, I’ve been on grandma duties ….. no excuse I know 😦

2. David Brooks says:

chavski are classless sc*m always have been always will be. why not take up a collection , buy their stinking sh*t heap of a club and close it down.

An exquisite gem of a Post, Sir Radford, beautifully phrased, full of passion and absolutely à point. 🙂

It is no secret that I think MoaningAss is not my favourite manager, in fact I think he is an abomination, and he follows another pet Chavs dislike of mine – step forward Mr Bates.

Wherever he has been, TartFace has been the fortunate recipient of owners with bags of dosh, other that Porto, enabling him to win a trophy before getting the elbow for being nauseating, and also the deserving target of much opprobrium from the fans of every single country where he has plied his wretched managerial bon mots.

Arsenal play attractive, attacking football under Mr Wenger — leave the camels alone, GoonerB – I said Arsenal play attractive, attacking football under Mr Wenger, and he will not change that philosophy – ever – and certainly not for a scummer like Maureen.

OK, we will probably get taken to the cleaners, every now and again, but I love Arsene, even when he does not listen to my wonderful advice — well maybe it is not wonderful advice — and I suspect the ‘advice’ bit does not come into it either — he just does not choose to listen to an oaf like me — but his teams play the way I like, and long may that continue.

Do your worst you big girls blouse, and we will show you how the beautiful game should be played – beautifully.

4. Good one Raddy

We may have walked next to each other on that march to Stamford Bridge. But obviously we weren’t next to each other when it kicked off in the Shed. Not sure what game you are remembering but I remember several times when the Shed was a battlefield.

As long as we come out of todays game with some pride I’ll be ok. A draw would keep me happy.

He should never be allowed to forget the eye-gouge, horrible piece of work.

On a happier note, thanks as ever for a great pre-match BR.

I remember once on Avenell Road I complimented you on you comments and asked if you might be interested in writing a head line post from time to time. Your reply was that you neither had the time or the inclination.

All I can say is that those secret photos that Peaches has of you must be pretty bad 😉

TEAM NEWS: Wilshere starts at Chelsea

Arsène Wenger has made one change to the team that beat Galatasaray on Wednesday night.

Jack Wilshere replaces Alex Oxlade-Chameberlain, pushing Santi Cazorla further up the pitch.

Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Danny Welbeck retain their places to complete the front four.

Lineup in full: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck

Substitutes: Martinez, Monreal, Coquelin, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell, Podolski

TEAM NEWS: Wilshere starts at Chelsea

Jack Wilshere replaces Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, pushing Santi Cazorla further up the pitch.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source 5 Oct 2014

8. arnie says:

one of your very best, Raddy, well done. 🙂 thank you.

I am too nervous, so I will stop for the moment.

COYG. make us proud. 🙂

How you keep making them better I’ll never know, BR.

I love the old stories of visits to terracing. 🙂

Terrific PM Raddy. I agree with AW, recent history means nothing. There are 11 of them and 11 of us. If you compare us player for player, there is very little to choose between the teams.

Obviously we must remember what happened last season and if we concede an early goal, don’t panic just play our football and silence their crowd.

great PM BR, thank you

You’re so right. Had an evening job once when I started out on my own and had to work weekends as well. It was an off license at The Worlds End.

Chav home games were bad news. Bunch of complete meat heads.

Love the team. Won’t be a walk n the park, but a win nonetheless.

Been avoiding thinking about this all day, just about to get on sofa, and have pushed out from the wall so I can hide if necessary.

COYRRG!

13. arnie says:

Flares! 😦 more bad publicity!

Just seen team and bench, no injuries please!

LB
    “All I can say is that those secret photos that Peaches has of you must be pretty bad” ha ha 🙂

16. 26may1989 says:

Full line-ups:

Chelsea: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.
    Subs: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Willian, Salah, Remy.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck.
    Subs: Martinez, Monreal, Coquelin, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell, Podolski.

17. 26may1989 says:

Not sure what you mean, Exile, to my eye, our bench looks as good as theirs.

My concern is at RB: I love Chambers at CB but he seems to blow hot and cold on the flank.

Am hoping we play 4231 again, we looked so much more comfortable with that extra deep lying midfielder against Galatasaray.

LB. Some posts are more fun to write than others. This one was very enjoyable. And thank you for the kind words.

Not the first time we’ve taken flares into the Bus Stop. Check youtube.

But moronic considering the outrage following Galatassary match.

So, our tiny midfield against Chav Orcs

COYRRG

26 just a fear that injuries to us mean weaker team, and our histories suggest more chance of us getting an injury than them.

See you at half time when its 2-1 to Chavs.

behave Raddy, my dogs would only produce such Chelsea bun if they had diarrhoea. Otherwise their poo is nice, solid and mostly brown in colour.

I HATE CHELSEA more than any other team in the world.
    The only violence I witnessed at the Emirates was started by the Chavs

Arsenal have to play rather then expect Chelsea letting them play. My guess is that the blue players will try to disrupt our flow

shit, is he dead? oh no, he is moving

Remember, flares in the stadium are the fault of the home team 🙂

26. 26may1989 says:

Am liking our pressing, we’re winning possession from it and constricting Chelsea, but it must mean there are gaps behind the midfield.

bloody awful stream 😦

28. 26may1989 says:

Wenger pushing Mourinho – Le Prof wins!

29. arnie says:

Love Wenger’s attitude. COYG. 🙂

Why didn’t AW deck the little shitehawk?

31. 26may1989 says:

Never a yellow for Chambers, just the ref thinking he has to even things up.

32. 26may1989 says:

Looks like Courtois off.

Calum loves the colour yellow!

34. arnie says:

hmmm, Chambers out for the next PL game.

35. 26may1989 says:

Bollocks……

36. arnie says:

feck feck feck

37. 26may1989 says:

Double bollocks.

38. 26may1989 says:

Excellent play from Hazard.

Well we kept a clean sheet for almost 30 minutes.

40. arnie says:

yes, hats off. but plenty of the game left. COYG

41. 26may1989 says:

Lovely play, a softer touch from Wilshere and that was a goal.

42. arnie says:

feck, how did Jack miss that!

43. fatgingergooner says:

All came from Gibbs and Sanchez fucking up a free kick.

fgg
    gibbs. hospital pass.

Playing some good football but without penetration.

46. 26may1989 says:

Calum, Calum……

47. arnie says:

Calum …..

48. arnie says:

snap. 🙂

49. 26may1989 says:

Jack telling Terry to fuck off, like it.

50. 26may1989 says:

Yup, arnie, great minds…. 🙂

51. arnie says:

it is poor ball control that is letting us down in the final third

52. arnie says:

26. 🙂

53. 26may1989 says:

Why does Oscar get an extra chance? Easy yellow.

54. We should definitely be able to score against this lot. Come on Arsenal.

55. arnie says:

well, we played a good game, but one moment of brilliance leaves us behind.

We are showing some quality, I would say some decent penetration as well, particularly given that is is the Chavs against us. But final touch or ball control letting us down. all to play for. COYG.

Yes, Peaches. we can do this. 🙂

56. 26may1989 says:

Shame to go in one down, but we’re definitely in this. Next goal is the one.

Performances have looked pretty even. Has been a real midfield chess game so far, both sides doing some good stuff. The half was decided by the one piece of attacking quality showed by either side.

Wilshere had a very good half, I thought.

Chambers was never a yellow. Hazard just ran in front of him and fell over. Sneaky cheating.
    How can Oscar not be booked?
    Just need to find some penetration.

58. Didn’t enjoy seeing Cesc stand up to Mesut and Mesut fall over 😦

We are very much in this game. Atkinson is very weak and is responding to the crowd with his decisions.

The commentary is doing my head in.

60. fatgingergooner says:

Been impressed so far. Looked really solid and created some good situations, but just missing the final shot or pass at the moment. I would like to see Ox on, probably for Özil. Although I must say, as bad as Özil has been at times, he gives me the impression he could actually unlock this Chelsea side.

Refs decisions have been poor and he’s not helping the atmosphere of the game. Oscar should’ve been booked then and the Cahill challenge was a shocker. Did well to keep Kozzer on though.

Undone by our own sloppiness, but nothing to be scared of in second half. No doubt Maureen will park the bus now so just need that goal ASAP.

61. fatgingergooner says:

Flamini has been quality that half in sweeping behind our midfield. Wilshere good too.

Need Welbeck to get involved, Özil to improve and Sanchez to play higher up.

Can we have rant Sunday?

What the fuck is Atkinson on? About £100k for a Chav win? Or just a slow comfortable screw from the banned word known as Mourinho.

From the first minute this has been typical Chav bollox and it goes unpunished. Cahill straight red…..if Chambers got booked for a trip on Hazard, first or second offence, Oscar gets told no more after three petty fouls? When did that become law? Just book the dirty cheating little twat. Matic forearm smash in Wellys face….wave play on do fuck all about the challenge.

Okay off my chest….back to the game, need more in the final third and today is a day for a man like Giroud as tippy tappy won’t get past the bank of 5 without it coming off to perfection.

For my money Ox on for Ozil, yes he shows moments but they’re quickly followed by being dispossessed for hanging on to it too long, I’m sure it’s because he has no options, but not many give Jack the same pass.

As for the penalty, yep lovely skill to get there but just watch his legs in the slow mo, never a thought of continuing running, bought a similar free kick from Gibbs earlier, leg was easily avoidable and would have been if he carried on running and actually lifted his legs up.

63. D’you reckon Arsene will get a ban for his push on moany moany?

Of course Peaches – without a doubt.

But it was worth it 🙂

65. arnie says:

Peaches. Possibly. But does it matter zilch? We need some attitude, and that includes the manager. 🙂

66. I hope sky run it every time we play 🙂 Go Arsene

Don’t care Peaches but if he does I bet he wishes he’d twatted him proper.

Oh and on that front bottom, very early on we won a throw, the twat demanded the ball it threw the ball to him and not Gibbs, he holds onto it until his defence gets shape. Just more of the same and for some reason the media lap it up.

And maybe this performance by Arkinson should be a lesson to Arsenal fans…while we lap up the “too weak” bs the media puts out every week Atkinson can get away with making non decisions for us, but any time a “strong” chav goes over it must be a foul.

68. 26may1989 says:

Damage Cech, get Cahill in goal, that’s the way to do it.

Oh and that’s Maureen who after Cech got his skull cracked insisted that there should be better medical facilities and ambulances standing by at PL grounds….but not at the Bus Stop then? Banned word

I’m at work and so can’t see the action – who is playing in the middle of our midfield?

71. 26may1989 says:

Rasp, it’s Flamini with Cazorla, Wilshere, Ozil and Sanchez in front. Most of the time, Cazorla and Wilshere are central.

Hmmm, is that working 26m? I’m getting the impression (from past performances) that its either Ozil in the middle or don’t play him – in terms of the value he brings to the side.

Anyone guess I don’t like Mourinho?

What kind of reception is Cesc getting from the Arsenal supporters?

75. 26may1989 says:

Rasp, in terms of possession and in terms of getting to the final third, yes, it is working. We just haven’t had more than a couple of moments where we’ve really unlocked Chelsea’s defence. Most are saying Ozil isn’t playing well, I don’t fully agree, as he’s played in the pockets of space pretty well. But we need a flash or two of brilliance to create the opening.

76. arnie says:

GiE. 🙂 right as well. 😛

Thanks 26m, well we can say that this is a much better performance than the last time we met at the Bridge.

78. 26may1989 says:

Rasp, little discernible animosity to Fabregas that I’ve heard.

Oh dear, Flamini almost got an own goal, brilliant stop from TPIG.

79. arnie says:

what a stop!

80. 26may1989 says:

Agreed, Rasp, but we still need at least to avoid defeat. We’re at least as good as them….

81. 26may1989 says:

The Ox coming on…. for Ozil?

82. 26may1989 says:

Cazorla off.

83. Santi coming off for a The Ox

84. 26may1989 says:

Chelsea looking to shut up shop, Mikel on.

85. Bus being parked as Mikel comes on for Shurrle 😦

Come on lads, we can score here

87. Have to be quicker in attack, the chavs are huge and there are always at least six of them by the time we get to their box

Santi looked cheesed off, but I reckon Arsene’s right.

Mesut more likely to open up an even stiffer chav defence

What a frustrating game.

It seems that I am the only one who thought that Hazard left a trailing ‘straight leg’ for the penalty, as he did for two earlier fouls he ‘earned’.

Nothing anyone can do about these decisions, but Atkinson just seems to be synonymous with those controversial decisions.

Also —- 🙂 while I am at it, why did we keep passing the ball back to Chezzer in the first half almost asking for him to miskick or kick it back to the Chavz?

90. 26may1989 says:

I agree, micky, but it is tough on Cazorla, who played well.

91. 26may1989 says:

Fuck it. Costa utterly absent today and then picks up a long punt and puts it away.

92. arnie says:

oh dear! 😦 played OK, but not quite there yet.

93. Jack has had a great game, shame he can’t shoot

94. 26may1989 says:

Could it be a Kanu day? About the same amount of time left for that feat to be repeated!

95. 26may1989 says:

We’ve hardly seen Welbeck in the second half. We just haven’t done it in the top third. Chelsea have had two chances and put them both away.

According to the BBC they’ve had 5 shots of which 3 on target; we’ve had 7 shots, of which 0 on target 😦

97. 26may1989 says:

Looking at the replay of Costa’s goal, I wonder is Szczesny checked himself from trying to get to the ball early, with his CL red card in his mind.

Come on, give us a consolation goal – prove you’re capable of competing. ……..

99. fatgingergooner says:

Scoring first was key, and it never happened. Always going to struggle after that.

100. fatgingergooner says:

Love Danny Welbeck!

101. 26may1989 says:

He should’ve been sent off for that.

102. 26may1989 says:

We really needed to avoid defeat today. Big loss today.

103. For sure 26, but Cahill should have been off for his tackle on Alexis

The BBC is now showing Arsenal 10 shots …. none on target – that is simply unacceptable 😦

105. 26may1989 says:

Peaches, I agree, Cahill probably should have been sent off in the first half, but so should Kos. Welbeck’s was the worst of the lot, and was really stupid, given the ban that would’ve followed and that the game today was pretty much done.

We didn’t get the breaks today. Poor referee. Some typical Chav skulduggery but having no shots in target is poor.

As I said in the post, Debuchy and Ramsey would have made a difference.

Hate to say it, but the Chavs were the best team, and the second goal was the absolute killer because our two CBs did what the Chelsea CBs did not do.

At least Theo won in Japan 😀

Other than that a horrible weekend for AFC.

RA. Sadly, you are right

Chelsea purgatory continues.

Very tricky match report, not sure I know how to approach it.

Do you moan about Arsenal? Not really, we didn’t play badly.

Do you complement Chelsea on two pieces of quality which made the difference? Not really, complimenting Chavs is not on.

Or do you try and put the blame on the referee? Possibly but it would be a bit hollow.

We lost, and it was important.

Bum.

Mmm, nothing to disagree with in the comments, and while Chavs might be overall just a tiny bit better, there’s not much in it.

They have a “win at whatever cost to style” approach, and for teams like ours to beat that sort, you must be better in the final third.

Will it come with the squad we have? Maybe….just.

Atkinson was and always has been a ‘weak’ referee, Raddy, but overall he was weak both ways – and apart from the penalty decision (I’m on my own there) did not particularly affect the result.

But…. what do I know? Nozzink.

112. fatgingergooner says:

Still don’t look like a side that’s gelled together going forward. Going to be a long 2 weeks, but thankfully the fixtures do get a bit easier after that. We need to take those games to build confidence and get our forward players clicking because it isn’t happening yet.

Also, Wenger needs to decide on his first XI, because Cazorla should’ve stayed on today, Ox has been excellent recently and Özil and Sanchez haven’t found starting positions yet. Maybe Walcott will be key to our starting line up, but at the moment it’s a bit of a shambles.

I was up at 5 a.m. to watch another sport, the delayed Japanese Grand Prix, and the race put ‘winning’ and ‘losing’ in sport into perspective, when a totally out of the blue accident near the end put a young driver’s life into jeopardy as he lies in hospital with critical head injuries. C’est la vie.

The problem I have with the Chavs winning today is that we did not do a lot wrong, but the smug satisfaction on the face of that dreadful Maureen leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

114. arnie says:

Not a disgraceful performance by any means, but second to the Chavs. So, there we go.

Sorry, but cups are our main hope this year. Progress to the knockout stages of the CL and then take it on from there.

115. fatgingergooner says:

Souness saying Arsenal should take more risks, after spending half hour before the game saying we lose 6-0 because we go chasing games when 3-0 down. What a bell-end.

RA not reading my comments again 😦

Gööner in Exile says:
    October 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm (Edit)

117. Shard says:

To win we needed to play a perfect game (which we didn’t) and get a bit lucky (which we didn’t either)

What does that tell us? That Chelsea are a better team at the moment. Amazing what some ‘investment’ can do for you right?

We played well and for that reason I’m not upset, much as it is annoying to lose to such a classless bunch.

The commentators I had made it appear more one sided than it was. I don’t particularly care about the shots on target stats as I think those figures include the blocked ones, of which there will always be a lot with Chelsea.

Giving the ball away by Sanchez if I recall correctly (and Cazorla not taking a yellow card) led to the penalty. Wilshere’s poor control when one on one with Cech was costly. Welbeck didn’t really get a chance to score, and Ozil was just a little off with his touches. So like I said, not perfect.

But I think we showed we have learnt some lessons from last season. Chelsea look great right now, and I think we’re not ready to win the title this season, but I’m not giving up on it yet. If we can stay within 6-7 points by mid-January, and sign someone then we have a chance. We will improve I am sure.

Also, Chelsea are an injury to Costa or one of their defenders away from not being as effective. Long season ahead yet.

I am most annoyed at this point by the draws against Spurs and Leicester.

118. arnie says:

I had missed this piece of news, and unfortunately no Norfolk round-up at the moment. 😛

30 September 2014
    Olivier Giroud: New Arsenal contract agreed – Arsene Wenger

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has agreed a new contract with the club, according to manager Arsene Wenger.

Giroud, 28, a £12m signing from Montpellier in 2012, will sign a reported two-year extension, keeping him with the Gunners until 2018.

“It is agreed. When it’s completely done we will announce it,” said Wenger.

Source: Beebs

119. arnie says:

Ommmmmmmmmm …..

Exile,

My apologies, good sir, I did miss your comment in my rush to catch up with all the comments (I am often 20 mis behind) but I should have known you and I would see things in a similar way from our previous correspondence. 🙂

Not satisfied with the ‘award’ of a yellow card and the penalty kick, the wise and knowledgeable panel led by Sour-ness were calling for Kozzer to be given a red card too. Idiots!

Shard,

Another good comment.

We have all (well nearly all) been calling for a more physical and pacey midfielder, and I do not give a stuff whether the guy is called a DMF or a HMF – I know let’s just call him a……..’midfield player’, and so if Arsene can buy one (or two…. noooo now I am being stupid) in January, and hold on to the Chavs coat-tails in the interim, then I would agree with you, all is not yet lost. 🙂

Ommmmmmmmmmmm yourself, arnie. 😛

(And what’s with blowing all these raspberries? 😛 )

123. Shard says:

RA

I had just the same ‘midfield player’ in mind when I mentioned signing somebody 🙂

Exactly, Shardo, except mine was bigger and quicker!! 🙂

125. Norfolk Gooner says:

Hmmph! I suppose losing two nil is an improvement on losing six nil.

One question, where was Flamini for Costa’s goal?

Discussing philosophy with Mertasacker and Koscielny.

Interesting game.

Hard to say that we “could have/should have” because the Chavs were very good at the back.

BUT… they only had two real chances in the whole game – one led to the penalty, the other was Costa’s goal.

We managed to cut them open four or five times but could not get the composure/skill/luck to finish.

The Chavs remind me a bit of us in the good George Graham years – big, strong, hard to beat and capable of winning games with just a chance or two.

It’s also worth remembering that in terms of likely first team starters, we had three key players missing (Walcott, Ramsey, Debuchy). I wonder how the game would have gone if all ours were fit and the Chavs were without (man for man) Ivanovich, Hazard, Oscar?

I’m not too despondent, but I can’t wait for the occasion when an Arsene Wenger Arsenal team beats Moanio’s Chavs. Hopefully at the Ems later this season.

We have a good run of games coming up and need to go on one of our runs.

Oh Lordy Lordy, it’s going to be a long Interdull 😦

129. jnyc says:

I have some random thoughts. I thought our guys played well, just couldnt put enough together. Wilshere flamini gibbs etc all played hard and well.
    Best player was koscielny. He was everywhere , gave it all, and hes not completely healthy..

Im an ozil fan, but i think chelsea is a bad matchup for him. I would have subbed him early for ox and put santi in his place.

I thought the atkinson was good, and gave chambers and maybe danny a big break.

Loved arsenes.push on the petulant one… id like to.see mo put his finger in steve boulds eye. He wouldnt survive to see a ban.

Rocky took my thought exactly. Time to go on a run, a really good run now. This team has what it takes. I think our early schedule has been a killer, but we have only just survived, so a strong run is neccessity now.

I think we are still a work in progress, but this is going to be a very tight league, more than ever this season. So nothing’s impossible….. and funny enough, i actually have a feeling we may do some serious damage in champions league.

130. RC78 says:

Another loss to a title rival and now 9 points behind the leader…

Man Utd & Liverpool are said to be in crisis and we are too…except, both had wins this week-end and we did not…

Facts of the match on the pitch:
    – Cahill not being sent off
    – Hazard penalty
    – Chambers not being sent off
    – Penalty not given to Arsenal
    – Costa second goal

Key Statistics:
    – 3 shots on target, 2 goals for Chelsea
    – 0 shot on target for Arsenal…

So what was lacking?
    – Physical presence to match Chelsea’ s especially in middle of park
    – Lack of killer edge and pace around their box
    – Good coaching from start to the end

My biggest disappointment was the omission of Oxlade from the team as well as the omission of Rosicky…and I am not even a fan of Rosicky…

Sanchez, Cazorla, Wellbeck, Oxlade and Chambers are arguably out best players from the start of the season and how we can leave Oxlade out of starting XI and substitute Cazorla is a mystery to me. Given the team we were playing, I would have expected to field our strongest team of the moment and that is one without Ozil…

Anyways…very disappointed…not a poor display overall but just another defeat to Chelsea and now a mountain to climb to finish in top 3, and we just started the season…

RC78

Good points, but the “0 shots on target” thing really annoys me. We created more good opportunities than Chelsea – but the shots were either blocked in the box or the ball was knocked off our player’s toe at the last minute, or the final pass was just off.

Chelsea’s shots on target included a long range effort from Azpulthingamebob that was no more than a pass to Szcz.

Statistics… damned lies and all that…

Ok less Maureen focussed assessment:

To beat the best team all 11 players have to do their jobs perfectly. Chavs did theirs we didn’t.

We were evenly matched, if we had managed to get to the break at 0-0 (Santi/Flamini should have dealt with Hazard) or at 1-1 (Jacks touch), then we would have seen a different Chelsea second half, as it was they could do their soak up thing and look to counter, which they did. Weirdly we were a little too deep for their second, which meant Szczesny couldn’t come because the defence were too close to him, and he got stick in no mans land to a bouncing ball, and as a keeper you make the centre forwards life very easy being on the penalty spot when a ball drops outside the 18 yard box. It’s just too easy to scoop it over the keeper.

Where we didn’t compete was in the final third. Chelsea were never going to give us a high line to run behind, and they are going to be untroubled by wide play as with only Welly to mark and deal with we are not talking major problems. Chelsea showed us respect and altered their game to beat us, if we had been a bit more compact may be we could have gone home with a point. But the game would has quickly become a stalemate.

I think Alexis is a little lost at the moment, the last thing he wants to do is run back 40 yards to a deeper line when not in possession, but when he applied his natural press he is looking around to see no helpers.

Raddy, great post mate

I was very proud of the lads today. The game, as is often when two top sides meet, was decided by a few fine details.

I noticed a few tactical changes. A few more longer and vertical passes and more stay at home attitude from the fullbacks

My overall feelings are best summed up by ‘jefferson airplane white rabbit’, but i dont know how to post links.

Weres chas when you need him?

Thanks Rasp. Top man.

That’s a pleasure Terry mi ‘ol fruit 😛

Meant to say earlier than comparing our current position with Liverpool and United is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

Fixtures:

Everton A
    Leicester A
    Man City H
    Aston Villa A
    Spuds H
    Chelsea A

Considering United have no midweek football what would you reasonably expect us to achieve from their fixtures in same circumstances (I’d be very disappointed with 11 points), Liverpool have got the midweek fixtures. They will be their or thereabouts as will we, United will get destroyed by Chavs and City and hopefully us.

I’m not ecstatic with our start, but I don’t think we are in crisis….we just need to work out the kinks get a full complement back and hopefully stay fit. We started well last season but trailed off, we will know at Christmas where we are in comparison to the other challengers.

Phil Nevilles summation of the game http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29497521

I actually agree with a lot of it but the opening makes my blood boil!

“There was not much between the two teams in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Arsenal on Sunday, but what we saw is that Blues boss Jose Mourinho still knows how to win the big games.
    As well as the way Mourinho set Chelsea up and how hard his players worked, I am talking about the little niggly challenges his side kept making, mainly off the ball.
    They were just little things like shirt-pulls, shoves or clips of the heels which did not always result in fouls, let alone bookings, but still stopped or slowed down Arsenal’s attacking momentum.

You might think Chelsea were not playing by the rules but, actually, they were – which is why a lot of things that were happening at Stamford Bridge were not being given as fouls.
    It is more like gamesmanship, and I would describe it as being cute and clever rather than cheating.”

Erm no it’s is cheating he goes on to make the point that Arsenal don’t like physical contact, I think that’s simply untrue, we don’t mind physical contact if the other player is going for the ball, we have an issue with all the off the ball crap. It is cheating it is playing outside the laws of the game and English refs buy into this shite written by ex players as some kind of gospel. It is anti football.

GIE
    If you stick your leg out as if to tackle and then withdraw it, is it still a foul?
    I think Kos ought to practise it anyway.
    At least you can’t be carded, unless for ungentlemanly conduct 🙂

Ungentlemanly conduct! That’s a laugh. Half the chavs wouldn’t be allowed on the pitch.

Bastard 🙂

I think the chavs would have won regardless of Atkinson.
    Though maybe not if Cahill had been sent off as he should have been.
    So I’ve just convinced myself, we lost because of the ref. Haha.

What has Maureen done to Oscar?
    He was such an exciting talent when he came to the premier league.
    Now he just seems to run around fouling.

I didn’t have the sound on the whole game.
    Can someone tell me if Fabregas got any boos/abuse?

Chas

I’m not saying pics of the Beatles give me the max throw up urge, although yes they were awful, but I may set myself the interdull break task of unearthing your Achilles heel.

Micky
    That would be fun. 🙂

Chas

Do stop talking about the game at this ungodly hour. I summed up the game situation better than anyone. You want us to play like Chelsea, then Fuck Off. Or something like that 🙂

Anyway. Who or what to take the piss out of for two weeks?

Chas

No idea who Squawka is, but that Oscar Chart isn’t very good is it?

What would you like to talk about, Micky?

155. Uncle Winsome says:

I feel strangely deflated. No idea why. Could have been the home made sushi dinner.

chas. Last two very funny. I love a seal joke.

Mmm, maybe exhausted Buddhism, so let’s think. I really liked Eddie’s vision of how she would envisage her own utopia inside the Ems, and I reckon there’s more mileage there.

Did notice her dig at you and your packed lunches. Talking about biting the hand that feeds you 🙂

Do you rustle your crisp packet?

“home made sushi dinner”

What, you mean buying fresh fish, getting home, opening the wrapping and eating it?

Home made indeed!

160. Uncle Winsome says:

I was walking this dog yesterday for a poorly neighbour.
    Good job I was wearing my loafers.

161. Uncle Winsome says:

I did notice.
    I think she believed me when I said I wouldn’t offer her any more tickets.
    The silly mare.

Hey Lads, tell you what I tried out on Saturday, Bose sound cancelling head phones. They are superb.

Before any smart ass says anything, it’s “external” sound 🙂

163. Uncle Winsome says:

One of the lads bought a Bose bluetooth speaker for camping.
    It really is the bollocks.
    The bass gives you tingles in your underparts.

Great idea.

How about The Arsenal simply don’t bother turning up to Chelsea fixtures any more. You know, had a puncture, or something.

165. Uncle Winsome says:

How much were they, Micky?
    I notice you said “tried out” rather than bought. 🙂

Micky. They are good headphones especially when flying or being talked to by an irate wife, but not as good as my B&W P5’s. And trust me – I am a headphone junkie

“Good job I was wearing my loafers.” ha ha ha

And walking unusually quickly 🙂

168. Uncle Winsome says:

Or Arsene saying
    “left my sushi in the oven” so I had to cancel.

Chas
    No didn’t buy at £300. Thing is, I play my music so loudly, I don’t get external interference.

Raddy
    Off to google B&W (Do you mean B&O ?) and are they noise excluders?

170. Uncle Winsome says:

You wanted some for the car, didn’t you?
    Definitely not a good idea.

171. Uncle Winsome says:

I got some belters from B&Q.

I didn’t say I made the sushi dinner. We were eating with some young people who just put the ingredients on the table, smile and say, “make it yourself”.

Last time at their place we had a “Vietnamese” dinner which was the same routine – lots of green stuff, a few cold pancakes and some sauces.

Just seems lazy to me.

173. Uncle Winsome says:

Wenger on the touchline yesterday.

Raddy

These friends sound ghastly. If they’re Orientalish, then maybe acceptable, if they’re Westernish, then they’re aspiring Buddhists, wear those coloured framed “I’m a designer” spectacles, vote green, and wear sandles.

I’m bloody close aren’t I?

175. arnie says:

Motning all.

Arsenal tried the puncture trick against S’ton away last year. To devastating effect. 😛

176. arnie says:

Love the Jack vine! 😛

Don’t want to make the morning banter serious but I love headphones and try loads.

Much depends on the type of music you like. If you are a man who needs heavy bass then the B6W’s are not for you, but if you are into multi-layered music then they are wonderful.

However, they are expensive and the cheaper P3’s are perhaps better value.

Bose stuff is good but you pay extra for the name. I am always concerned when a company spend so much on advertising, it usually means you get less bangs for buck with the actual product.

If you really want to buy noise cancelling ‘phones, look at the Sony’s

Right ….. back to banter.

Chas

Your mate keeps his speaker in his underpants?

Cracking idea if nothing else works trying to impress the ladies

Micky. You are bang on 😀

Morning Arnie.

180. Uncle Winsome says:

I’m away to practise my tumble turns.

I want that parrot!!!

182. arnie says:

Ommmmmmm.

183. Uncle Winsome says:

That reminds me of the Good LIfe, Oooo, Aaaaah bird joke.
    No girl’s gonna like a square package.

184. arnie says:

motning Raddy.

185. Uncle Winsome says:

Really off, after seeing that latest video. 🙂

186. arnie says:

OK, off now, back laters. Hit the road early, only to merge into rushtime traffic in Glasgow. Tough life! 😦

Ok, back from school run. Damn I hate sending them to school!

Raddy,
    Still there? Now off to google those headphones. To answer your question about Bass, yes, I like it, and to answer your other question, if you work on the fact that I like The Clash, Tchaikovsky and Cello music, then you’ve got it covered.

Raffy has a point – and goof morning to you all — gifferent ‘phones for gifferent things.

I use Bose noise suppression ones for travel – and Senheiser’s for classical music. Neither of them are mine – a frienf lenfs them to me when neefef. He is a hippypotamus too, like Raffy.

I font suppose anyone has noticef but my keyboarf has been interferef with.

Raddy

Whoa…£450 for these things. 97.5% noise cancelling and they’re just those in-ear things. Eh?

Still, pocket size for travelling, or covert listening while driving 🙂

No RA, didn’t notice anything 🙂

MorningRA.

Micky everything depends upon how much and which type. I use headphones about 12 hours a week, sometimes more. When out and about I prefer in-ears and after much research have settled on these and I am very happy with them. They link to my mobile phone – if you do not need such luxury buy the 350’s.

I have tried many, many in-ears and these are excellent value

Didn’t expect to get a large pic with the link!

And while we are on the headphone subject – a bobino cable buddy is an essential piece of kit

Morning all. Raddy that was one of your best pre-matches. Sorry I couldn’t comment before the game yesterday. The section when you talk about Arsenal was almost prophetic in how the game eventually panned out. I will wait to say how I felt about the game later when we have the report up (is LB doing it?).

numb. don’t want to talk. bye.

They look good Raddy, just hard to imagine you get great sound AND noise cancelling for £40

Oh bloody hell Eddie, come back.

Losing to Chelsea doesn’t matter. Winning there would be more worrying as it would mean playing “style doesn’t matter football”, and the truth is, in life, style is the only thing that matters.

You’ve got it, and we need your sort right now, not when we’re winning 🙂

Isn’t that typical – Raffy turns a nice clean chat about heafphones and then goes straight into firty fancing, “a bobino cable buddy is an essential piece”. Yeah, yeah. 🙂

How come doing a copy the ‘f’ works. Bugger.

It seems Big Brenfa read something I wrote about her and fecifef to punish me…… oooooh baby. 🙂

Come back, Effie we neef your views to cheer us up. 🙂

Thanks to Brenda I am now cured………and the ‘d’ is back!! 😀

Micky. There is a huge difference between noise “isolating” (RHA’s” and noise “cancelling” (Bose /JVC/Sony).

Why do you need “cancelling”? Ideal on a plane where the external noise is so loud but anywhere else they are unnecessary.. What I need is to keep the noise in to stop annoying folk around me!

RA. 😀

ok ok guys, you have convinced me 🙂

you know how I told you about my mate’s theory about executing enemies and getting yourself shot by the cops? I told him that I don’t think I hate anybody badly enough to want to kill them. Well, the list is no longer empty, 2 names on it now – one Jose and one Francesc.

I think that by tomorrow I will remove Cesc from the list, after all what was he supposed to do? Wenger didn’t want him, he is a top professional…. ok, only one name on the execution list

Eddie,

Not that I want to inflame your feelings, but according to that nice Mr Wenger, he said that he believed Fabregas had agreed to join Chelsea last January, and the first time he knew about the transfer to Chelsea was when they announced it.

He covered his irritation with a fig leaf of indifference by saying we already had many other creative players blah, blah, but he must have been really hurt about it as he has not spoken to Fabregas since (according to Fabregas).

Eddie, you’re back, hooray.

You carry right on with the hating. Anyone in your line of fire is absolutely fine by me 🙂

206. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all,

I’ve read a load of crap this morning about how wonderful Fabregas is and what a marvellous passer of the ball. Henry Winter called that pass to Costa “a sumptuous through ball”, what a load of old bollix! It was a long ball over the top. Typical of 1990’s Wimbledon FC.

Raddy,

I think that you are labouring under a mistaken notion of what Micky needs the headphones for.

You see, he hears these noises — need I say more? He hears noises/voices and he wants something to keep them in, so as not to annoy innocent bystanders.

Hey — wait a godamned minute, didn’t you say at 9:14 – “What I need is to keep the noises in to stop annoying folk around me!’

I am worried that you two have gone over to the dark side!!

RA – right then, Francesc is back on The List.

20% into the season and we are 8th, behind nobodies. That really doesn’t sit comfortably with me. It is hard to be angry with our Club, we did nothing wrong yesterday. I thought is was a good game (I walked out after the second goal), good individual and team performances, we were not a lesser team. A draw was well deserved. So WHY wasn’t it a draw???!!!! 😦 😦 😦

209. Norfolk Gooner says:

What’s all this about in ear noise reduction devices? I don’t need them, I’ve got a natural in ear noise reduction system, it’s called deafness.

It used to be called SSHL. A lot of married men of my age develope it as a defence mechanism against persistant nagging.

Oh! sorry , SSHL…Spousal Selective Hearing Loss 😀

Just catching up. Has anyone offered to write anything for today?

211. Norfolk Gooner says:

I would Peaches, but I’ve got to go shopping, sorry, bye. 😀

212. RC78 says:

Hey Peaches – I can do it. Send me your contact details again 🙂

Peaches

Has RC78 written the post?

RC 78. If you are still around and still have time to write , please send to

arsenalnuts@live.co.uk

215. Uncle Winsome says:

This is a foul by Hazard, steps across Chambers and then hits the deck.
    Result, booking for Chambers and riding a 2 yellows knife edge.

216. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon all,
    Not getting AA’s post mail for some reason.

Raddy you wear your hatred on your sleeve son your too old for that :).

Well we lost again, and if were honest we never really thought we would come away with nothing better than a draw.

Mourinho out foxed our man again, bully boy tactics normally work against our weak little sweethearts, but boy was i surprised at the fighting spirit in our team. Yes we lost, but not rolled over. Penalty which was quite clear in my eyes, although the ref was absolutly biassed.

I have to say our closing down is getting better , and chaseing back to get the ball back is also a lot better. Chelsea came out winners but they wont have a tougher game all season.

I felt Chelsea was on the back foot through most of the match Arsenal chased them down and at times Chelsea cracked, the Referee’s bung before the match was the only reason Cahill stayed on, looking at his yellow card to Calum chambers one, only shows how big his bung was.

I felt that the penalty was clear cut but i also thought that Hazard had a premeditated plan as four or five rolls clutching a leg which he made sure made contact. but other than that clear cut. This was one instance that our closing down was very poor, Hazard should have been stopped prior to reaching the box, and had it been Chelsea i have no doubts our man would have been taken down earlier.

Our Danny i felt let the occasion get to him, i felt he was a shadow of what he can do. Their second goal looked like handball to me at the time but the Arsenal players never made a fuss so i assume it wasn’t..

I went fishing all day and recorded the game, i made the fatal mistake of not adding for extra time as it was a league game so being a fifteen minute late start buggered up my recording so missed the last ten minutes the air was blue i can tell you.

Wenger’s reasons for leaving Ozil on mystifies me to take off Santi when he is doing the business and then Sanches had me scratching my head, I understand Wenger has his own reasons but when chasing the game, i had to disagree with his subs.

Calum Chambers is still my Arsenal signing of the year, this guy looks like he was made for Arsenal, i had never heard of him before he came Southampton must have a fantastic youth coach.

Calum will sit out a couple of games now, and i expect he needs a break, £16 million we spend for him and 40 odd for Ozil. Now i know we cannot compare the two but Calum will be surely missed while i couldn’t care less if Mesut went on holiday.

Although we lost i was very pleased with how we handled ourselves and i can see the change in the effort, I never expected things to change overnight but it has definitely changed for the better.

Arsene Wenger the one manager who doesn’t do tactics, stood his ground on the touchline’s incensed by Chelsea’s bully boy tactics and shoved Maureen more than once. Maurine who is supposed to be the tactical Genius resorted to strong arm tactics, but just like the bully at school, when you fight back they shit out, Arsenal are building and toughening it certainly not all over to the fat lady sings. .

217. Auntie Losesome says:

Uncle

Do you think Maureen trains them in the anti-football dark arts of the get/give the free kick but just within the law?

I think he must do. What a dreadful way to go about your life.

218. Uncle Winsome says:

Auntie
    Yes, but not within the law, the rest is done with a few filthy fivers stolen from the Russian people stuffed in the ref’s back pocket.

219. Uncle Winsome says:

There is no other explanation for this….

Some reason, this page is loading really slowly, and it’s only this site doing it.

A new post has turned up from an anonymous author …..

…. so I’ve published it 😛

222. Uncle Winsome says:

There is no other explanation for this…….

223. とはいえ、みなさんのことをさらに驚かせて心配をかけてしまいすごく反省しています。ごめんなさい