Arsenal’s Weak Spots

Last night Aaron hobbled off with an ankle injury, and although we won’t know until later the severity, it made me wonder about our vulnerability to injury.

At the beginning of last season, I would have said the areas of most concern would have been injuries to Theo, Ollie or one of our defensive pairing of Mert and Kos.

During the season, we witnessed the meteoric rise of Aaron, and by the end of the season it could be argued he was our most valuable player. By valuable, I mean an injury to this player having the biggest negative impact to our overall play.

I think we have covered the CB pairing with the arrival of the phenomenally talented Mr Chambers.

Ollie is now covered by Welbeck as well as Sanchez, and to an extent both can play both Left and Right providing cover for both Theo and whoever is the best Left Sided option.

It is actually very difficult to isolate the weakest spot, as we simply don’t yet know how the new side will settle down, and who will ultimately play where and in what formation.

Ozil is as yet far from the pivotal player we anticipate he will become, and I’d say it is possible he becomes the most irreplaceable only if he becomes the fulcrum in the middle. If he continues to be deployed more from the flanks, then I don’t see him as being especially irreplaceable.

Again, it is very hard to assess the key players up top. Either Sanchez or indeed Welbeck could emerge as Key Men. Of course, Ollie could return rejuvenated and become a Must Player.

Overall, and it’s difficult at this early stage of the new look side, but Aaron does appear to me to occupy the “most essential player” slot right now, although overall when fit, Theo still shades it for me.

The other day, a chum asked me who I saw as our most valuable player this season. I answered Theo, but went further to add that my biggest single wish for the season was that either Mesut or The Ox would emerge to challenge Theo for that particular honour.

Written by MickyDidIt89

109 Responses to Arsenal’s Weak Spots

Hmmmm, plenty to consider there.

Who is our most essential player?

Probably Ramsey as he is the only midfielder who scores goals, I don’t regard Cazorla or Ozil as being midfielders.

Mertasacker probably comes next as his organisational skills are essential regardless of Chambers.

Walcott is way down, without space he is largely ineffectual and most of the teams we play in the EPL park the bus which obviously restricts space, Theo always seems to do well against spuds as they are still dumb enough to try and attack us.

Good post Micky.

As LB says, much to ponder.

I think Szczesny has become hugely important. He made significant improvement last season and has quietly become one of the PL’s best GK’s.

That we have bought Ospina makes him less essential but nonetheless having such a quality shot stopper who has learned to control his area has made him a vital cog in the machine

3. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all.

Micky , further to your “layers” comment in yesterday’s post, I can thoroughly recommend the Rhode Island Red. They lay medium size brown eggs with an above average laying rate. Being both cold and heat hardy, Rhode Island Reds are good for any climate. They are easy to care for, adapting well to a penned or free-range environment.

Right now to your excellent post for today, our weak spot is down the left, from Gibbs (injury prone) Monreal (not quite good enough), to whoever plays in front of the full-back, be it Cazorla, Ozil or Podolski, none of which provide sufficient cover.

Micky, knowing your views on the boring stuff at the back and adding my ideas about the fiddly little blokes in the middle I think we should have gone for Di Maria. That would have sorted it all out.

Interesting one Micky. I agree with you that last season Walcott was our biggest miss, not based on his individual contributions, but because I feel the whole front line works better when he plays. Without him we look more disjointed and less of a threat. he makes the other attacking players around him better.

Ramsey was second most important last year but different to Walcott in that I feel it is Ramseys individual moments that are more important. He scores key goals from midfield and is very much looking like a new Lampard in that sense.

Ramsey carried us through tight games at times which is why he was rightly hailed by all and sundry as being of the utmost importance to the team. Will his importance carry the same level this year though?

I think Theo will again be very important, and his return and with the additions of Sanchez and Welbeck should see us far less reliant on his goals. If that becomes the case then looking at his other skill sets compared to our other midfielders is he a better option in the starting 11 than players like Rosicky, Cazorla or wilshere? Food for thought.

We can win this title but if we are to lose it it may be down to a lack of depth in CD and a lack of quality and power in front of the back 4. With the squad as it is I feel to win the title it will be because we scored our way to it rather than because we had the squad with the best balance and strength all round. That is not beyond the realms of possibility.

5. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, Micky, nice to have a properly thought out, researched and thought-provoking post. Great stuff, thank you. 🙂 🙂

Now, as to the question, I have a problem. As fans, we usually tend to look back and not forwards. Yes, Rambo would have been our weakest spot last year, but that too only after Theo’s injury.

Not this year. We have a much more balanced side. Yes, Rambo does box-to-box, and Jack is not yet quite there at the level. However, the reason Rambo is so valuable to us is his goal-creating and scoring threat. Yes, Jack is not quite at that level. Will he be ever? Who knows?

However, in Alexis and Welbeck we have acquired exciting new attacking threats, plus Theo’s return. I know Micky will be unhappy at this suggestion, but for me it is about the potential to create goals, and not about idolatry. In that respect, I would not be dismissive of Campbell or Sanogo either, at least not yet.

OK, that brings us to the left side then. This has been our weakness, but personally I see Welbeck as a good addition in this respect. Provided he can quickly shed his ManUre stench, which I find repulsive. Ah, a striker not a midfielder, I hear you say! For me we (aim to) play total football, the distinction is academic. What matters in goal-creating and scoring threat.

So, finally, I agree with Norfolk. Our real weak spot this year is left back, not in the way you put it, but because I see both Gibbs (if he is fit) and Monreal as prone to errors at the back. Most goals we concede are from the right side, and that is despite having a fantastic Mert-Kos pairing.

6. arnie says:

The beauty of this space lies in the diversity of opinion. A headline post and just 5 comments so far, but the diversity in views is admirable. IMO. 🙂 Despite the claim that most (if not all) of us know b** all!!!! 😛

Hi Lads,

Apologies for the very rushed job, but wanted something on the board, so to speak.

Reading comments, I’d say we have positional weak spots. Left Back being the main contender, and I’d say we Gap weak spots at HM and LW, but although I actually don’t rate Theo anywhere near our best footballer, I still feel his absence is the biggest miss.

His speed keeps at least one oppo. defender pinned back, although as LB rightly points out he is less effective against the Bus’ers, he is a massive loss in other games. CL away games in particular. Also, lets not forget his goals.

Arnie
    Read your independence comments. I can imagine division up there being pretty ugly.
    I was reading about the “unknowns” in terms of how a separation would actually work Constitutionally speaking, and it’s a big Yikes.

I suppose the post boils down to one question.

Although some star gazing is required in terms of how the new boys develop and fit in, the question would be:

Bayern at home in a CL decider. Which is the one player you’d rather not be injured?

I’ve already told you. TPIG

Nice one, Micky, 🙂

Looking at the specifics of the current Rambo ankle twist, these things can sometimes take longer to ‘mend’ than expected, and can ‘go’ again to easily.

No worries, as Sav from Oz might say, I think the multi-purpose Chambers might turn out to be a first class midfielder, and if necessary will provide cover for Rambo.

As to who I would least like to lose in an important game, and that means all of them really, I think is a moot point, because we are not really a team of ‘individual stars’ but a team of very professional players and no one is without peer in the current team.

I am also convinced that a player missing a game, for whatever reason, is not so much a problem as an opportunity for a gifted youngster or squad player to come in and make a name for themselves.

That is how all today’s stars started their careers!

Norfolk,

I am not sure whether I should be flattered by your 10:10 comment regarding the benefits of Rhode Island Red chickens being a confirmation of my comment at 8:28 this morning, or horror that you did not even read it, and that your comment is a massive 4 hour late response to Micky’s ‘layer’ comment at 6:15.

Then again, I suppose we need to make allowance for the fact you live in Norfolk! 🙂

13. arnie says:

Yes, Micky, I glossed through an item in The Independent today, and it is a bit scary.

However, scaremongering does not work so well with the Scots, whatever else they are they are certainly headstrong.

14. arnie says:

Raddy, about TPIG, a big NO. We also have Ospina. 🙂

Morning all Micky in a weirdly boring sense I think our two weak spots are left back and right back, although we have cover injury to both first choice players at the same time would leave us barebones at the back.

As for forward options and midfield it is hard to see weak spots we have a variety of players who can play in a variety of positions,

Let’s assume we are pushing for an true 4-3-3 formation

Holding midfielder
    Arteta
    Flamini
    Ox
    Wilshere
    Ramsey

Midfield midfielder (don’t want to say box to box or metronome, but the fetcher carrier to receive from holding midfielder and get to attacker)
    Wilshere
    Ramsey
    Ox
    Arteta
    Rosicky

Attacking midfielder
    Ozil
    Santi
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Ox
    Rosicky

Actually one players weakness could be his versatility, Ox, he can play from
    holding midfielder to winger, and is capable at all such is his intelligence on the pitch and physique and ball skill.

I’d started to write a post which I promise I will finish about the need to nail down a few positions to one or two players so that we don’t have a situation of playing players out of position because you’d rather have them on the pitch than not).

So left wing should be Theo, Pod, Campbell, Sanchez

Right wing the same (probably minus Pod).

If Theo isn’t available play Campbell rather than shoehorning Santi into the team.

The attacking midfielder should be Ozil or Santi.

Midfield midfielder should be Jack or Ramsey.

Etc etc throughout the team.

That way we have players who are training in that position and familiar with the requirements week in week out and only in real desperate circumstances does Ozil or Santi play on wing.

17. Norfolk Gooner says:

RA, mea culpa, I didn’t read your very early comment. Is there really a time of 8.28 am? I thought the morning only started at 9 am. 😀

In fact I was responding to Micky’s comment from the day before…I think. Creeping senility is my excuse, rather than the fact of living in this wonderful county.

By the way, if Sconny Botland gets independence next in line will be Norfolk. We may not have The Angry Brigade but we do have the Slightly Miffed Faction. There are already plans afoot to set up check points on the A11 and A47, heavy tolls will be charged for any vehicle trying to enter the county that doesn’t run on red diesel, have great big tyres at the back and little ones in front and is capable of maintaining 30mph while towing a forty-foot long trailer loaded with sugar beat. Caravans will be banned entirely.

18. Norfolk Gooner says:

GiE, don’t forget the old maxim “Jack of all trades and master of none”.

19. Norfolk Gooner says:

Here’s a story to gladden the hearts of all Arsenal fans:-

Tottenham stadium delay means club face season away from home.

Tottenham Hotspur face having to play all their home matches away from White Hart Lane for one season.

A legal wrangle means they are “highly unlikely” to move into their new stadium as scheduled for 2017-18.

The Premier League club may have to find an alternative venue while construction work is carried out.

Plans for the 56,250-capacity stadium, next to their current White Hart Lane ground, are being challenged by the landowners.

The process appeared to have taken a big step forward in July when a compulsory purchase order of land was approved.

But a Spurs statement issued on Wednesday said that decision was being challenged in the High Court and the club fear they will not able to move into the new stadium for the start of the 2017-18 season.

“The club has revised its construction programme in order to take the shortest possible time to construct,” said the statement.

“This now therefore involves the club moving away from the Lane during construction for a period of one season, to start at the beginning of a season in order to comply with Premier League rules.

“We are currently undertaking due diligence on alternative stadium options.”

The new stadium will significantly increase capacity, with the current ground – which has been the club’s home since 1899 – seating 36,240 spectators.

In 2011, Tottenham lost out to West Ham in a bid to move to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford.

Despite this, the venue – which will be the Hammers’ home from the 2016-17 season – is reportedly among alternatives, together with Wembley and Milton Keynes Dons, being considered for the time away from White Hart Lane.

20. arnie says:

Norfolk. 🙂 When I first came to live in Botland a decade ago, there used to be tolls to enter “The Kingdom of Fife”. 🙂

21. Norfolk Gooner says:

Arnie did they charge more to enter or to leave? 😀

Norfolk,

All is forgiven, as I am very fond of Norfolk the county myself, and I used to keep RIR’s many years ago, because I loved their eggs, especially in their second season of lay.

I have already explained how I first came to be the unwitting owner of a dozen or so chickens who were scheduled to meet their maker before fate intervened.

It seems that Micky can’t pee, so Raddy told me, and hence the pullets came into play or ‘lay’ as he would say. 🙂

23. Norfolk Gooner says:

I’ve just had a look at the pictures on arse.com of the players training today. No sign of Ramsey! 😦

When GIE can get on the site, he always gives a full on explanation of players, tactics and good old common sense, borne out of his experience as a trainee GK in a professional environment.

He, Rocky, 26M and Rasp add something special to the site, and their absences are sorely missed.

I am having to go elsewhere more often to antagonise people and I regret that — still you guys are good company, and things can change again. 🙂

25. Norfolk Gooner says:

RA, I have to confess, my knowledge of chickens is limited to what I can find by googling. As a very young child, around about 1946/7 I remember going into my grand-parents house just off Hoxton Market in the East End and seeing tiny yellow chicks snuggled into straw in the fire-place. Later in the year at Christmas the whole family, about twenty-five of us, gathered together to enjoy roast chicken for dinner.

I believe at the time you could obtain chicken feed in place of the egg ration.

NG,

I watched the Wales game last night and the injury to his ankle looked really painful, and bravely but foolishly he came back onto the pitch hobbling badly.

When he went off he was grimacing a lot, and altho’ I have not heard any news, my impression was that he would be lucky to play this week-end.

That is interesting, NG,

I usually bought pullets (young chickens with pale pink wattles) which then shortly after came into lay as mature chickens when their wattles went bright red. The eggs started off small and gradually became larger, and then extra large as they matured into hens.

Commercially at that stage they would go off to make chicken soup. Not with me tho’. I kept them. 🙂

Anyway enough of my reminiscences.

28. Norfolk Gooner says:

RA, The Welsh manager,Coleman, is reported in this morning’s paper as saying that Ramsey twisted his ankle but he, Coleman, thought he would be fit to play City at the weekend. But in the words of Christine Keeler…”he would say that, wouldn’t he?”

arnie. Disagree in a very big way. Ospina is untried and untested in the PL. Nor has he the benefit of working with our back 4 since childhood.

Ospina may well turn out to be a top GK but TPIG is a future AFC legend in the making

30. Norfolk Gooner says:

Oh well I’m off! If all you can do is talk about bloody football. 😀

NG 3.05. 😀

Enfield Town will probably ground share.

spuds playing in Milton Keynes…..is there anything funnier.

Burford Browns. They’re the girls for eggs 🙂

Oi Raddy
    I thought your earlier response to a comment of mine was abrupt, and frankly, rude.
    Bad day? Nobody turn up to your Full Moon Drum Circle Workshop last night? Run out of bath oil? Robe got burnt?
    This is the place to discuss your troubles 🙂

LB

Agree, that would be very funny.

Your comment made me wonder what else might be funny footballwise, and I have a feeling the Utd defence may offer more than the odd titter this term.

Micky. May I apologise. My abrupt and yes, frankly rude response was not due to any of your reasons though they have all been cause for consternation in the past.

Some bugger cancelled today’s tour this morning 2 hours before we were due to meet and refused to pay me a cancellation fee. Being a couple from Singapore there is no-one to take action against. As if I care that his wife has food-poisoning – we could have taken sick bags with us.

Cheers for the post, Micky.

I can’t really see any weak points except the fact that we haven’t really gelled yet.
    I also think Rambo should get his hair cut, get that stoopid beard off and stop answering questions about playing for Barcelona or Madrid some day.

Both Mesut and Arteteteteteta are in the training photos.

Micky,

Your sensitive questioning of the bad Hippy’s reasons for being dreadfully rude to you shows how discerning you are — I and everyone else saw no variation in the Happy Hippy’s normal demeanour.

You should take him to task rather more vigourously.
    Fight, fight, fight!

And he promised me a song on vid for AA when he returned from his hols – but needless to say —- no show!!! Tssk.

RA. Sorry, I forget. What was it I agreed to?

39. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Late to the Ball again sorry about that.

Micky, Many’s the time you make me wonder what your writing, you start out with a story and at the end you have me cracking my sides. This post has confused me again in what you are asking. Is it our weaks points or is it who takes over from Aaron if he is crocked or who do we think is the teams most expensive player.

That in my mind is a multi question. Yesterdays post, asked us Jacks best position. Many believe that jack was playing really well in Aaron’s position before he got injured. So if we have to, we could try Jack there.

Weak points, whenever we have an injury we have in my mind a weak spot. I would like to think that Wenger ordinarily would field his best eleven, which suggests that somebody is always waiting for a call up. That suggests to me that not being first choice, means that the replacement player is not as good.

Player who is worth the most. Walcott’s name was mentioned. That has spammed my brain, a player who sits out nearly three quarters of a season not involved in our FA cup win, not involved in our annihilation of Manchester City when we acquired the silver plate, hasn’t kicked a ball for what seems forever and he gets mentioned before players who have grafted for a whole season.

Theo is well down on my list at present, from what i saw last season and the beginning of this, i have to say that our players wouldn’t score very high on my list, but since the start of this season i would say that the player who have impressed me is Sanchez and Chambers.

Others have mentioned Per Merts if i were picking who plays that position i would pick Chambers all day long.

Of course Wellbeck was a steal for the money he could be a very dark horse.

Steve. We disagree. I think Per is a masterful player who makes up for lack of pace with excellent reading of the game. Chambers will learn much from him.

At the WC Germany didn’t use their other CB to complement Per, we do.

41. stevepalmer1 says:

Hiya Raddy, Pretty sure we will disagree a lot mate. Chambers for me and i think he will be the better. I feel Merts time is nearing its end.

Raddish,

You promised to sing another song and put it on a Vid so we can all hear/see you perform it on AA.

I was talking to you, at that time, about old classics that I like, such as ‘Unchained Melody’, Witchita Lineman, Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay, House of the Rising Sun, Waterloo Sunset, or any other choice that appeals to you. 😉

Get to it my man!! 🙂

Cheers Micky

What weak spots? hahaha

I am a firm believer in harmony Micky, so tend to look past an individual players quality. The important thing is how he can express that quality within the fabric of the team

Footballs a team game, so who ever can contribute to the side were hes good and just as importantly, makes his team mates look good, that will do for me.

Look at Ramsey. A few years back,if the the police were looking for a man aged around late fifty of Arabic descent, he would have been picked out in the identity parade. Now the geezers buzzing, hes found his harmony, his place in the side.

Then we have Wilshere. Brilliant talent, but if chased by a Roweiler, would run into a lampost, fall over, get mauled and then complain to the owner that Rex should be yellow carded. He will find his place, but I fear a few more tetnus injections first.

Redders, thanks for the kind words and sorry to hear you wernt feeling your best. if my silly jokes now and again give good people like yourself a chuckle, i will continue

Also, sorry about your dog Kelsey. I know with your illness it makes it even more difficult for you to handle. I wish you all the best.

In drafts Peaches.

Kelsey condolences, I’ll be lost without Alfie around the place, still the most excited one in the house to see me when I come home.

A couple of articles regarding the impact (or not) of FFP.

Relaxed sanctions against the oilers.

Chelsea’s loan system – A genius mean of circumventing FFP?

I’m sure that’s all very interesting, Chas, but I is not reading heavy shit first thing.

Who is ultimately responsible for it working. S.Bladder?

If true, what can we expect.

Blatter and his gang’s obvious venality and the lack of spine of those who could oppose him is a scandal of such proportions it sickens me.

As does the kowtowing to the oil-rich clubs.

I would rather discuss gong baths and hemp crochet

One more coffee to go before I read the Chas articles.

Arnie,

That vid is 18 minutes of Mesut skills. Haven’t watched it all, but one thing is immediately apparent, he relies on intelligent fast runs from players around him. Sanchez, Welbeck and Theo….wowee

Right, Raddy, you asked for it 🙂

A very old mate of mine, who I haven’t seen for years, is coming over next week with his Missis. They’re both psychologists. Said they couldn’t make Tuesday as they had their yoga.

That sickened me 🙂

Cinrikey, there is enough ammo in the first five comments today for three posts, that is if you include “Being a 21st Century Hippy Football Fan”

“Cinrikey” roughly translates as Crikey

I’ve started going to yoga again.

Sickened and disappointed 🙂

,,,and hemp crochet classes.

Chas

Hate to point out the obvious contradiction in your life, but all that Eastern Shit tends to go in hand with a clean mind and clean body.

Appears to me, that in your case, both are dirty and contaminated

Didit. Are you accusing me of having a healthy body and mind?

You have met me and know that I am dirty and contaminated to a high degree, despite or possibly because, of the mixed sex gong baths.

Yin and yang, Micky.
    Good and bad.
    Love and hate.
    Pork pies and yoga.
    Ubiquitous fluids and hemp crochet.

All part of the same thing. Can’t have one without the other. A clean and healthy mind will eventually produce filth.

I feel like a perv reading about your sex lives

Anyway, Spurs are already warning the fans that they will not be ready witht the new stadium for 2017/18, that’s still 3 seasons away and they are already behind! What shambles

Just imagine if all of the English prem clubs were run like ours.
    Who would we despise?
    Even Totteringham Hotsperms have their place in this world.

Micky – I must admit that I’d much rather have your SAS friends to dinner than the psychologists. At least the commandoes know what they are talking about, psychologists think they know it all, patronizing and condescending at best

Surely both the psychologists and the SAS at one table would be the best dinner party.

chas – easy peasey – we would hate the foreigners 🙂

Even BBC got on the case of keeping Scotland within GB, not sure if that is right, they shouldn’t interfere

Eddie. 7.55. I am surprised you are surprised. Shambles is their middle name.

Most recent debacle… sell Monkeyboy for a world record fee, buy a whole zoo of players. Finish one place lower and with less points!

chas – yes, the commandoes would kill the shrinks after listening for hours on how to live their lives 🙂

Big – I am not really surprised, I giggled as Milton Keys stadium was mentioned as an alternative venue for 2017/18 season 🙂 Milton Keys, just imagine that 🙂

Ha ha Eddie

The best bit would be calling a member of the sas a commando. The latter are Marines ie part of the Royal Navy ie poofs in their eyes 🙂

Actually, all three that I know well go and see shrinks 🙂

I never quite understood the difference between psychologists and psychiatrists. Aren’t the latter called “shrinks”?

Hey…a thought.

Independent Scotland. End of Union Flag. Away with the blue bit. Guess that means places like Aus and Nz have to make new flags.

you are right chas, I call them all nutters. Psychiatrists prescribe drugs and write notes. Psychologists are a bit like priests, catholic women would go to a priest for a confession, a Jewish girl would go and pay for a psychologists session

Chas
    You’re interpretation of the Ying Yang balance bollocks is mighty convenient
    Kinda like it’s ok to kill someone one day, if you save one the next. Or in your case…..

This is what I call balance…..

micky – it could be an expensive exercise for all countries involved. BBC just interviewed Lloys banking group, John Lewis and some food chain business all warning that they would pull out of Scotland. Shame, it has to come to scotts being blackmailed like that

New Union flag.

Chas
    Hearty ROLF
    You just carry right on interpreting that eastern bollocks your way 🙂

Micky
    Your use of reductio ad absurdum for the yin yang discussion does you no credit at all. 🙂

I told a psychologist how upset I was about my dog being bitten savagely. He asked me what I am going to do about it. I said I want to scratch their cars. He said that I must not do it or I will be arrested, blah blah blah. When I was leaving he asked me if there is anything else he can do for me – I said ‘yes, you can scratch the bitches car’ 🙂

I thought that fat one drove around on a mobility scooter?

It’s pretty feckin pointless having a set of guidelines and principles to follow in your life if they stop you doing the good stuff. 🙂

Eddie. That’s the spirit! The psychologist has the last laugh as you paid for their lack of advice 🙂

chas. That is the problem with Ying Yang

Right, I’m off for a swim, a visit to the local Buddhist shrine, pop in to the local brothel and then the pub.
    Byeeeeeeee.

evonne, do what I did with my shrink. Stalk him.

Make him feel the fear

chas – it wasn’t a mobility scooter, it was a baby in a buggy.

No, they don’t stop you doing the good stuff – one told me to get myself a man, honestly! I can see some of you applauding 🙂 I refused to see him again

After a few weeks he wont just be scratching cars for you, he will be car jacking and driving up the Motorway at 100 mph.

The wrong way

terry 🙂 brilliant 🙂

Got here late and missed Chas and his liking for a hemp crotch.

The Hippy is banging on about a gong bath.

Eddie is salivating over the SAS.

And Micky ….. well Micky …. what can you say? Jealous of ‘Chas’s hemp crotch, the Hippy’s dirty mind, and …… well you get the picture.

Love it! 😀

88. fatgingergooner says:

Arsenal v Aston Villa U21 on Sky Sports 2 tonight at 6.45pm.

And then there is Terry!

Accountant, comic, nutty football fan and now ….. better than a psychologist.

What a brilliant human bean!

[No! Not a spelling mistake — he is definitely a bean — ask him.] 😀

Transplant
    “Make him feel the fear” ha ha ha

Thanks FGG. I did not know that and would have been cross if I had missed that game! 🙂

Work calls. Later squeeks

Since the wife life me Redders, well we just partitioned the house, I have certainly been eating loads of beans.

To add variety I sometimes boil them at different temperatures and alternate between eating them in a plate or bowl.

I will always remember my first shrink. She was a lovely lady but for those who dont know, they spend most of the session listening.

So you end up sitting there asking questions like “Are you going to help me or what?”, or “what do you think of Garth Crooks goal scoring record?”

Sometimes they dont even look at you and actually close there eyes.

One time she was looking away with her eyes shut, I started watching cartoons on my mobile. This went on for ages and after watching 3 episodes of Road Runner, looked up and she was staring right at me. Unbelievably she said “Thats the most revealing session we have had Terry”

Wow Thanks for the tip Slim

And who said Thursday night football was only for losers?

Transplant

Must echo the sentiments of RA the other day. Sheer genius is what you are. All your comments bound together would make a top Christmas stocking filler.

“The Mind of TMHT”. I’d buy a few copies.

terry 🙂 I agree with her though – I’d say you are a confident guy who feels comfortable sitting there with his mobile games and doesn’t give a shit what others think 🙂

I asked my shrink on Tuesday if he likes football, I was hoping that we can at least have some conversation. But fecking no, no interest whatsoever. Oh no, he said that his country’s team (Nigeria) are lacking in confidence, that being their problem. Yeah, right

Spoke to a United fan yesterday, gave him cash I owed him for fitting a carpet, and he asked for an extra £10m for Welbeck 😀

Not a happy bunny at all, said he went to Swansea game and said TV highlights dampened down the fans displeasure which he said was really vocal.

For “confidence” read “cash” 🙂

ps am working. honest

Morning all. Had a thought for a bit of fun post, if not for today maybe for another dreary day when not much is in the pot. I unfortunately am not in a position right now to set it up if one was needed today. How about a post where we are are allowed to list the 5 things that most annoy us about football. It could be anything from the F.A to referees to the media or certain pundits, but we are only allowed to list our top 5. i say that because I could probably get past 20 being a bit of a Victor meldrew. Anyway just a thought.

100. arnie says:

Motning all.

Nice banter, even a bit of football thrown in. 🙂

My morning rant today is about being very nervous about the referendum. Why did the numpties down south never see this coming? Because they are self-centred twits who only ever thought about London, and never the northern regions of the UK. Never had the constitutional reforms that was long overdue.

And now when all is crumbling, Mimeron and Caliband decide to make the pilgrimage up north. The problem is that they can only reach upto Edinburgh, which is not in Botland at all. It is simply an outpost of London. The gates of Glasgow are closed to them. But Glasgow is what matters, the home of Scottish intellectuals and working class.

Well, Bordon Grown joined in, and he is a respected man, but too late. Why not earlier? Well, we all know the answer. He is too close to Old Labour. Disaster, absolute disaster!

Terry,

A chap I worked with went to a psychiatrist because the company thought he was taking a lot of time off work with depression.

He did not want to go and when he told us what had happened he was apoplectic. He was taken into the guy’s office by his assistant and told to sit in front of the deak.

For about 10 minutes the psyche had his head down and carried on writing and ignoring him.

Eventually, my friend said to him you clearly have problems with time management, and lack the required social skills or confidence to conduct an interview.
    For your first problem I can recommend a comprehensive daily time planner, and to improve your social skills, you should try and widen your circle of friends, which will help you to conform to society’s minimum expectations, and, finally, there are very good courses available to help you build up your self confidence and improve your communication skills.

He then got up to go and said on the way out, that if the psyche contacted his secretary and arranged an appointment he would be only too happy to help.

A letter eventually arrived with the psyche’s fees and a declaration that my friend was fine and just suffering from stress and his workload should be adjusted.

So, it was either a rubbishy psychiatrist covering his back, or a very clever process of encouraging patient self analysis.

[I told my friend that the psyche was probably busy scribbling down his comments to use on another patient!] 🙂

102. Morning morning

sorry to be late, back in a mo …………………

arnie,

By ‘numpties down South who are self-centred twits only concerned about London’ you seem to be referring to the English.

Isn’t that racist?

104. We have a New Post ………………….

105. arnie says:

No, Redders, I dont include the northerners or the folk from Norfolk, so this is not racist. 🙂

106. HAMP says:

Nothing else backlinking device is as successful as No Hands SEO of promoting your complete website provided you require, you could set this backlink top quality, the number of links you desire every day and in many cases what anchorman texts you need for every page within your entire how do people enjoy the best search positions possible for your internet site.

107. Pożyczki od osób prywatnych Hajnówka i okolice.