Arsenal Supporters’ World Cup Hangover.

I have been trying to put my finger on it, trying to work out what is going wrong? I have watched two competitive games now and don’t quite understand why we are playing like spluttering diesel vans rather than the slick Ferraris that we all surely expected? Didn’t we?

The club have brought in four quality players, justifiably raising our hopes. We addressed the main problem that most people identified last season; that being, the need for a player with pin point accuracy and superb close control; you know, the one we all thought would bring out the best in Özil? I am obviously talking about Sanchez. We all saw how good he was on telly in the World Cup; in fact, we watched a month’s worth of good players and a month’s worth of high quality football.

MPO World Cup

It was this thought that made me realise where the problem may lie. Having been fed a diet of high quality football for a longer period than we are used to, it has been hard to readjust to the more pedestrian fare of the EPL and the qualification stage of the Champions League.

It obviously follows that things will improve with the return of Özil to the starting line up or at least I certainly expect things to. This should, as I suggested on Monday, herald the start of the new system of a collective front line who all have superb close control and are all capable of super quick passing as a means of finding its way round tall lumbering defences – Palace being the prime example.

Would it have worked against Beşiktaş, even though no one can accuse them of parking the bus? I certainly think so.

The Giroud doubters have been out in force and are letting everyone know who will listen that they are not surprised by his performance in the CL. I slightly disagree with Kelsey who said (and I paraphrase) that he doesn’t think that Giroud has the natural instinct of a number nine. I think he does, he just doesn’t have the speed or close control to carry it off.

Giroud’s performance, I would suggest, is also the reason why Wenger is trying to fast track Sanogo. Arsenal could have got an early goal against Palace which would have forced them to come out, this in turn would have created space for Sanogo in which he would have run amuck and could quite possibly have got a hat full. (think Benfica)

In my opinion, if fit, Sanogo would have been a better choice than Giroud against Beşiktaş. Right now, the younger Frenchman has the same level of close control but his age still gives him the possibility of improving this skill; where as, Giroud is too old in the tooth for such a possibility. This I can imagine is debatable to some but the one thing that cannot be denied is that Sanogo is quicker and that attribute would have been very useful against Beşiktaş.

And on the subject of speed: Theo would have been a better choice as CF than either Giroud or Sanogo, the defenders were lumbering giants and there was ocean’s of space behind them for him to exploit.

This all points to the obvious fact that we have more possibilities up front than we have had in years: Giroud has a place; he was a major factor in our win against Palace. Sanogo will have another Benfica day, Walcott will return as will Özil.

Memories of the World Cup are starting to take a back seat as the EPL and the CL come into sharper focus. I don’t expect Arsenal to be playing Ferrari football this weekend but a trade up from diesel vans would be a step in the right direction.

Written by LB

113 Responses to Arsenal Supporters’ World Cup Hangover.

1. arnie says:

Back to pavilion, safe and sound. Edinburgh delightfully cool and damp, just about what I expected. On with the show, then, chums.

Off to read LB’s post.

FIRST? and off topic? 😛

2. arnie says:

Brilliant analysis, LB. 🙂 Cannot find anything to disagree with. oh dear! 😛 Have to exercise the brain cells better, before jet lag really sets in! 🙂 🙂 🙂

World Cup hangover. What an idea! 🙂

Morning Arnie

I don’t expect too much traffic today, not enough controversy.

4. Shard says:

LB

This time I will disagree with you without you needing to draw me out 🙂

The reason I don’t think Giroud is too long in the tooth to improve is because the big strikers tend to develop a little later in my opinion. Drogba was 25 or 26 when he signed for Chelsea and he didn’t look like he had much close control then. He looked just like a battering ram and not much else. At least that is what I remember thinking about him.

Now I don’t think Giroud will be as good as Drogba. He doesn’t have the same speed for one. But I think he is improving, especially in his link up play he has improved a lot. His close control will improve too, as will his finishing.

But I suppose that isn’t the question people ask of him. It’s whether he should be leading our line. That’s a more tricky question but I think it is not easy to find a striker who is that much better than him to justify his being benched. If we can get a Cavani or a Falcao, or even a Benzema, sure, bench Giroud. But we’re most likely not going to get them. Fgg made a similar point in the last post.

Also, what gets ignored about Giroud is his role in our team. We’re not geared towards helping Giroud get lots of goals. Giroud is used to help Arsenal get goals. He brings in the midfielders into the game, he pushes/draws the defenders out of the way, and he gets in position to score a few goals as well. (Those are the sort of runs that Sanogo doesn’t know to make yet) Giroud mentioned in the off season that Wenger asked him to be more unpredictable in his game. I think Giroud will get better as he learns to use his (limited) skillset better to his advantage, as well as the team’s.

I hope you are right Shard.

6. arnie says:

Morning, LB. 🙂 I think there is enough material for controversy here, though I am personally largely in your camp. 😛 Allow me to draw the battle lines out a bit more clearly.

1. Giroud is not that bad. Not perfect, who is anyway. Was good for us last season. Anyone who disapproves find another striker with 20 goals and the flick that led to the Jack goal. Yes, that one! At the same price.

He is out of form and, I agree with Shard here, he will get back to form soon. It will be his style of game. Holding up, and passing on to onrushing marauders, Sanchez, Rambo, Jack, Theo.

I agree as well, Sanogo can yet be a good understudy. We spoilt brats are just being too impatient.

2. We are not getting another striker, a Cavani or likewise. Not this year. Sorry Micky. We have just reinforced our frontline with Sanchez and Campbell, we have to stick with them and try to make it work.

If anything, our problem is with too many potential goalscorers, not too few. We have to find the right combination, or couple of combinations in rotation. That is the issue right now, not a lack of people upfront. Together with Giroud’s lack of pace and lack of form.

3. We have a bit of an issue at the back. Not least injuries, as Kelsey points out. Suppose Micky is right. No problems at the back. No goals conceded against Besiktas then. No problem then, we will win. And can then go to the market for perhaps a DM.

7. arnie says:

Snap. Well done Shard. 🙂 You said everything I wrote, well almost! 😛

Great stuff LB, thanks.

You say Theo would have been a better CF than Ollie against Besiktas. Therefore, I’m assuming your Ferrari Front Line would be Ozil, Theo and Sanchez.

The other day you mentioned Ozil on the right, which is why I’ve included him in your front three.

I like the thinking and hate the big ‘un up top Arsene has tried playing in recent years. I looked enviously at the Liverpool way last season and what attractive attacking football they played.

My feelings are that Mesut needs to be at No10 to orchestrate the front three, which in line with the Ferrari stuff, leaves a gap. Joel and The Ox are the obvious contenders, which is why I’m so utterly baffled as to what Arsene was doing against Besiktas and Palace.

It doesn’t appear to me that he’s working towards anything Ferrari’ish, and my biggest fear is that he will continue with the Ollie/Yaya attacking focus.

Time will tell.

Oh dear,

I disagree with both of you 🙂

If Giroud faced the goal more often, could beat a man or two, had better ball control when tackled as opposed to laying the ball off and had a yard more pace and more importantly scored vital goals against the other top sides on a regular basis.
    (like the goal against City) I would change my mind.

Sanogo if anything is stronger than Giroud for his age,but at this stage he is an experiment,and plays in a similar way to Giroud,though AW obviously thinks differently as he has thrown him in the deep end already.

Finally both need to improve their heading ability.

Hi Micky

What I am trying to say is this:

Against the teams that park the bus, we need the close control skills of Sanchez up front with Ozil, Cazlorla on either side. The reason for this is that Walcott doesn’t have enough of that skill set to operate in tight spaces.

However, when there is space behind the defence as there was against the Turks then Theo is our man, with Ozil and Sanzchez on either side.

11. fatgingergooner says:

Kelsey,

It wasn’t that long ago we had RVP. He was decent.

Giroud works hard and seems like a decent guy, but his ceiling is about 30 goals a season from all competitions. I would much prefer a t*sser who can get 50 a season, someone like RVP or Suarez for example!

There aren’t many options out there that are possible targets, but I have seen Cavani’s name mentioned recently. I’m not totally convinced by him either but I think he’s still an upgrade on Giroud. I still think the one that got away could prove to be Jovetic. He’s looked quality in pre season now he’s fit and I think he would fit our style perfectly.

An alternative would be someone like Reus to improve the players around Giroud.

Wenger has got good enough players in all positions to not have to go rushing out and buying the first name available, but there are still areas to improve. IMO we could still improve our CB, HM, LW and ST positions. The rest of the squad looks well stocked to me. The worrying thing though is that 3 of those 4 positions are down the spine of our team.

It might take another transfer window before we see a truly competitive squad. I feel like I’ve been saying that for years, but this is probably the first time I can say it with conviction.

Ok, LB, got it, and I agree with that.

Last question, as you’ve covered the bus teams and the more space behind Besiktas teams, is against what kind of opposition would you see Ollie/Yaya as starters?

Clearly none in my book.

13. fatgingergooner says:

I still believe the Ox is being eased in after his injury. His return would’ve been rushed by the England physio team, so it’s probably best to make sure he’s fully fit before giving him 90 minutes. I think he will get plenty of games this season.

FGG

I’m pretty sure Arsene would only add one more first teamer in order to retain the all important continuity.

I’d agree he’ll be looking at the positions you mentioned, and think it unlikely quality options of all positions would become available. TO US.

Therefore, I can see one more quality addition, but it will simply be a case of availability rather than targeting one particular position.

My gut feeling is that it will end up being a more defensive player, as frankly, they are easier to come by.

Yogi

seems to be pretty sure that we have sold Podolski for 12 million to Galatasaray but Campbell is staying put, so maybe we are in for another left sided attacker as well..

Micky

Ironically I think Giroud is best suited to play against Everton. The roles will be reversed slightly in that game and we will be the ones trying to park the bus; meaning that, I expect us to be doing the lions share of the defending and out of all our attackers Giroud is the only one with some of that skill set.

Just look what happened when Ramsey got sent off. Giroud started looking effective. He is useful when we are trying to save a game or nick a point but against Palace or the Turks?

We are better than both, what’s more we are better than most teams in the EPL. When we have most of the ball and doing most of the attacking then Sanchez or Walcott up front are out men.

If, however, things are not going to plan and we need a gaol, then bring Giroud on as was the case against Palace.

Hope this makes sense.

That sounds very feasible Kelsey.

Can’t see Podolski getting replaced though, we have Cazorla, Ox, Rosicky and Campbell who can all play down that side.

12 mill fro Podolski will be good business though if it is true.

Right time for me to go out.

Back later.

LB

I think you are saying that we will play on the counter against Everton, and if that’s the case, I’d still prefer speed up top.

Said to Peaches and Rasp before the game on Saturday that I can see Podolski being replaced as I’m still not sure what role he fills.

Exciting times, as I said earlier.

20. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger says we have not received any offers for players to leave, although that’s never a clear indication!

Unless we had a Reus type lined up then I see no reason to sell Podolski. It’s not like we need the money and he’s a very useful squad player who brings a lot to the dressing room. Why bother selling him if you’re not going to replace him?

FGG

Maybe in Arsene’s mind he has replaced him, with Joel.

Therefore, it’d be only fair to let him go, to say nothing of saving wages on a player who’d get virtually no playing time.

22. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, a very good “talking point” post LB, thank you.

I don’t think we will see anymore transfer activity until after next Wednesday’s 2nd leg. That game is effectively worth £25/30 million and if we win through we will be a more attractive option for the top class players we need.

It does look as though Podolski could be off to Galatasary, although it depends which paper you read, one quotes Wenger as saying “we have recieved no offers for any player from Galatasary” another says Wenger has agreed to sell Podolski but not Campbell.

Make of that what you will.

My last word on Giroud, why would anyone expect him to improve his ball skills in the future, he hasn’t done so in the two years he has
    been at the club so far.

23. Norfolk Gooner says:

Wakey Wakey Big Al, it’s nearly six in the evening there, you must be awake by now! 😀

Another first class Post from LB. 🙂

As usual there is much to agree with, but the contentious part probably concerns the merits or otherwise of Giro.

In the Post, LB says he slightly disagrees with Kelsey (better known as Crystals), who said Giroud does not have the natural instinct of a number nine, whereas LB thinks he does but doesn’t have the speed or close control to carry it off.

I am in the unusual position of agreeing with both of them. 🙂

It seems that Giro does not have the instincts to play in the No.9 position, nor does he have the speed or skill to make a go of it. — Oops.

To be fair — I have been a long-time supporter of Giro, for his honesty, hard-work, ability in the air ( which was a key part of Rambo’s goal on Saturday against Palace) and his willingness to run himself into the ground, even for lost causes (at least one of which resulted in a goal last season), and it cannot be denied that he scored a critically important number of goals last season too.

So what, if anything, has changed?

Before attempting to answer the question, perhaps it would help to identify the symptoms of change in the nature of Giro’s play.

Actually, this could be tricky to explain, because as we all know everyone has different opinions as to what they see – but let’s have a go.

We had a great ‘middle two thirds’ of a season last year, but inevitably other teams worked us out and injuries took their too.
    Basically, for whatever reason, other teams worked us out, and out free flowing football dried up to some extent, and we got into tikki takki passing across the pitch in front of the massed ranks of the defending hordes, with the ball eventually being passed back to the Keeper. That usually resulted in a punt upfield, in the hope of reaching Giro, surrounded as he was by equally large defenders.

This resulted in him facing back to our goal and being pushed off the ball or pulled over onto his back by the defense, and complaining pointlessly to the ref.

Problem 1: He has not learned the sly arts so needed in modern football to nudge, pull, pinch and turn the statuesque and rather megalithic defenders.

When the attack is in free flow from the skill and efforts of our speedy, skilful midgets Giro does not make the most of it.

Problem 2: He rarely seems to be able to anticipate where a ball from the wing, or from a cheeky inside pass to him is going to go. As an example of anticipation, take Rambo’s move for the goal against Palace. He watched the ball and the positioning of the defenders, and popped up just where a goal hungry player was most likely to score and … did.

Then there is a physiological aspect to his play that seems to effect so many left footed players, Jack Wilshere included.

Problem 3: He (and Jack) seem to use their left feet almost exclusively. This enables defenders to work out that he almost always turns the same way, and that his right foot is only for standing on.

Now for the ‘solutions’. You lot already know I do not claim to be any sort of expert, so my suggestions are only of ‘the fan who knows best’ variety, which normally equates to bugger all.

Solution 1: Bouldy, take him down the pub and teach him how to commit unseen mayhem. Stop him being such a nice guy – and cry baby when he is fouled.

Solution 2: Stick him in front of a video and make him watch the positioning in front of goal of the poisonous cannibal ‘you know who’ and don’t let him out until he gets the idea.

Solution 3: Make him do everything with his right foot in training. Make him use his right hoof in the canteen. Make him give up hanky panky until he is proficient.

Then he will be the CF we need – and it won’t take long! 🙂

Norfolk,

Get out of here with your ‘make of that what you will’ all those rumours are bollix, and only put there to attract the attention of info hungry fans.

These people know no more than you, or me. Well …. you! 🙂

26. Norfolk Gooner says:

Ra, to all your excellent problem analysis and solutions I can only offer the following adage…You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Or in this case…you can’t teach and old dog old tricks either. 😀

I love a bit of speculation, I wish I had the time and patience to collate it all for each pundit/paper and then publish a league table of their accuracy.

I like the story of the cricket journalist, an Indian gentleman, who when accused of not knowing what he was talking about replied…Sir, you accuse me of knowing bugger nothing, but in fact I know bugger all!

We have come up against two very motivated teams.

You know you here these stories of a mother lifting a fork lift truck to save there kid? Well, holidaying in Kenya, I once managed not to call for help when the son in law was been chased by a sexually frustrated Bison. In fact, I drove off.

Amazing what you can do when motivated

I feel sorry for Giroud. Hes a good target man and his goal scoring record is decent.

His fundamental problem is that he looks and behaves like a ponce. Image is everything these days

Alan Smith had shit spells at the Club, but every one just thought “ahh its only smudger. the poor bloke has a boring Brummie accent and gets a nose bleed if approached by a women”

In Girouds case its more like French poser who loves his own reflection

He also got caught breaking Club rules before an important game for sneaking a bird into the hotel. Just imagine Smith doing that? No chance. What would some floozy know about Birmingham to Wolverhampton train times?

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

“His fundamental problem is that he looks and behaves like a ponce”

Best thing I have read in days 😀

And so true. RA says the same in a few more words.

LB. Another fine post to get the braincells functioning

I don’t recall Ozil take nay game by the “scruff of the neck” last season and I doubt he will have the impact we all hope for upon his return. Things take time.

Unfortunately time is not available as we have two big games within a week, though I would take a draw at Goodison given our humiliation there last season.

Must never read Transplant comments when In a meeting ans trying to look serious

Ckoking with laughter on fiZzy water is not a good look

31. arnie says:

Transplant. 🙂

Micky. “Ckoking with laughter on fiZzy water is not a good look” 🙂

32. arnie says:

“We are like you [the media], we listen to the names. Sometimes I look at who we buy in the media but at the moment we are not in an emergency case,” Wenger said.

“We have the players we want but we are open as well to any opportunity until the end of the transfer window, who can strengthen our defensive department in quality and number.

“I can’t tell you how likely I am [to make a signing], I just said I am open to doing it. It has to be linked with the needed quality. If you ask today the 20 top clubs in the world what they look for, they all look for the same positions. That means it is not necessarily out there.”

Norfolk, you are probably in bed for your afternoon nap by now, but you might have a chuckle at the rumour nonsense once Maureenho gets involved with his big stick. (You know the old adage – big stick small dick).

He has told a journalist that he will not be bidding for Khedira because he thinks Arsenal have agreed personal terms.

A Real Madrid spokesman has said that Khedira is refusing to sign a contract extension, and they think he has already agreed terms with another club, not Arsenal or Chelsea.

All we need now is for Bayern to come out and say it’s not them!

So in short, Miao-niyo is a liar and the rest are just as poorly informed as we are. Quel surprise. 🙂

Big Raddy,

I would like to thank you for associating me, even if just indirectly, with the mad Terry.

I work my typing fingers to the bone to try and tell you my thoughts on Giro, and when I return you say Terry Titmouse has summed my thoughts up in 12 succinct words!

Anyway, how does he read my mind? I need to know.
    Perhaps I will ask Cockie, he knows how to read Terry’s mind, although between them that could become seriously surreal! 😀

35. Norfolk Gooner says:

Yawn! Just woken up from my siesta. £12 million for Balotelli? Not bad business by the Bindippers.

36. Norfolk Gooner says:

Sorry that should be £16 million, definitely over priced. Brenda’s been skinned 😀

I would have taken a punt NG even with his baggage and let him and Giroud fight it out and loan out Sanogo.

There aren’t many quality strikers around.

38. Norfolk Gooner says:

I’m with you Kelsey, on Mad Mario, a bit of exotica is just what we need, he’ll score goals and sell shirts.

Wenger has just said that all 3 Germans wont play on Saturday but the way he uses his words about anything,reminds me of a person living in the third world who learnt english on the shortwave band of the BBC 🙂

40. Norfolk Gooner says:

No No Kelsey he learnt it on a Crystal Set. You must surely know that. 😀

41. Norfolk Gooner says:

Arsène Wenger has given the latest team news ahead of Saturday’s trip to Everton. This is what he had to say:

on the latest updates…
    We just have Mikel Arteta who is out for sure from the Everton game. Everybody else we have to check this morning, but we have no major [new] problems apart from him compared to Besiktas.

on the return of the three Germans…
    I will check of course today and tomorrow to see if they will be available for selection. That is a target I fixed to them to prepare to be ready for selection against Everton. Will I use the three? Certainly not because they lack competition but they might be included for Saturday.

Copyright Arsenal FC.

What is he talking about? “Will I use the three? Certainly not because they lack competition but they might be included for Saturday”

C’mon Arsene will they or won’t they?

42. fatgingergooner says:

So Liverpool are the ones to gamble on Balotelli? Good luck to them I say!

Strange how his transfer fee seems to reduce with every move! Loads of clubs are looking for strikers, but they’ve left him alone. I’m glad we did too.

There’s no doubt he has ability, but he’s lazy and rarely uses it. He can also cause lots of problems within the dressing room. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him moving again in 18 months time for even less money.

43. Norfolk Gooner says:

Blimey! Now Wenger’s gone all Baron von Frankenstein on us. Talking about Arteta’s injury he said “If it’s a long-term injury, that puts us in a position where we have to be creative.”

Brain of Bergkamp, Heart of Adams, Body of Vierra, more suggestions please.

Ginge, on all transfers, and very pertinent to ballotelli, i have one question before even contemplating his signiture

“Would you trust this man with a box of matches?”

Wenger would make a great Baron Frankenstein Norfolk.

Bouldie can play the monster and Ozil the marty feldmen Igor

46. fatgingergooner says:

TMHT,

Definitely not! But the real question is would you trust him in the box, during matches!?

47. arnie says:

48. arnie says:

Norfolk. What is he talking about? “Will I use the three?” Three fingers to Everton, that is what he must be talking about. I know bugger all, but that is my best guess! 😛

I told you about AW .Clever with words so no one really knows what he means.Mixed metaphors to me.

Terrific post, thank you LB

you made a good point about being spoilt by the world cup classy football. May I suggest a quick antidote – watch Europa League tonight:)

I like Giroud, but he is not there to be liked or for his looks and perfectly coiffured hair. No, he is there to score goals and this he is not very good at. An excellent team player, hard worker, good footballer but not a potent goal scorer. And hence the criticism from fans.

I checked the most expensive car and it is Porsche Spyder. I want us to perform like that, not just a Ferrari 🙂

Oh, Lord wont ya buy me a Mercedes Benz, my friends all drive Porsches I must make amends.

Janis Joplin

Makes me smile every time I think of that song.

you got me singing now 🙂 all my friends drive fiats and fiestas

Nice post, LB.
    The Ferrari is still in the garage having a jet engine fitted.

Those last two made me think of GM.
    He’ll be mortified. 🙂

59. Shard says:

Eddie

Porsche Spyder? Not even close.

That would be the new Lamborghini. (Vereno? Veneno?)

The Bugatti Veyron, Hennessey Venom, Koenisegg Agera and the beast that is the Pagani Zonda would also comfortably exceed the Porsche Spyder. Don’t aim so low 🙂

{I play racing games from time to time 🙂 }

5 mil after tax.

Whose the man?

Way to go Alex.

62. Shard says:

I can actually believe that about Song. When he left the rumours were that he was getting a big head at Arsenal.

He also provided us with a hilarious moment when he actually believed that he was important enough at Barca to have Puyol approach him to lift the trophy first.

So yes. I can believe this about Song and his exaggerated sense of self worth.

Think of a collective stereotype who are thought of for watching their money carefully. Take your pick, I am not foolish enough to suggest a name.

Anyway, the point of this is that in Spain the Catalans are thought of a bunch of money obsessed, skin flints.

I bet they are kicking themselves for agreeing to a deal that pays Alex Song so much money every year for so long.

It’s not really exaggerated, it is a fact that Barcelona are stupid enough to pay him so much.

65. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Good post LB

I feel what we have to remember is that our last 2 painful performances, have come about because we have players who have yet to take up their places.

Yes Sanchez and Debuchy and young Chambers have been very good signings, but the trouble is probably Wenger related. Here we have 4 players with Ospina, I assume Arsene has had his blackboard out and he has worked it out in how this squad will work together.

Currently Walcott is injured, Giroud and Sanogo are not fully fit Mertsacker Podolski and Ozil are still yet to return and Diaby and Gnabry have still not been seen from Wonderland.

I could see The Ox fitting in well alongside Sanchez, but Wenger brings the Ox on and takes Sanchez off. I have to say i seldom question Wengers subs, as he knows more than i do who is available and who is carrying Knocks. but that substitution i couldn’t fathom out.

Getting to the short and curlies, this team will not function until all the cogs are in place, and now that injuries are starting to build up it could be some time before our engine is firering on all cylinders

Mourinho is the Grouper? 🙂

All he knows is, he likes it big…….

Chas

Unlike you to post such a rumourish titbit ie Khedira

If Liverpool have bought Balotelli as I heard on the news last night, they could have got a serious bargain.

He’s young, and remember what a loon Cantona was before Ferguson got hold of him.

I guess they took a chance on Suarez and got away with it.

Sorry.
    I was thinking the other day when I wasn’t on in the morning that the quality of the comments went up considerably.
    Btw, the Khedira tweet was just for those who like that sort of bollix.
    I just wish the window was shut and we could get on with the fuckin season.

You never know Balotelli and Brenda might be the perfect match.

I say enjoy the speculation bollix. It only lasts a short period when there’s nothing else to talk about anyway.

I do agree though, that there’s a certain relief when the window shuts and we can get on with it.

I know what you mean by dragging the site down. I was off air for a bit, and the morning session went all footbally 🙂

salon and mirrors is what you mean 🙂

Eddie

When I return, I expect the latest hot stories from The Mail 🙂

Morning all

As I only want to talk about football I will return at the chosen hour.

Can’t decide what is making me so light headed this morning; the terribly cooked and half raw salmon Mrs Raddy gave us last night or the bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc.

Either way it is not good….. especially when watching pigs surfing

I like that Khadira rumour, it’s thoughts like that that get me on my day.

LB
    “Think of a collective stereotype who are thought of for watching their money”
    Devon Methodist Farmers? 🙂

LB

You have no idea how I go through Newsnow with a tooth pick trying to unearth striker rumours to set me up for the day

Actually, getting so much transfer business done early is clearly great for the club, but bloody awful for gossips, speculators and fantasists

Just the one bottle Raddy. That could be the problem.

Withdrawal symptoms

Khedira would make my day 😉

Ah Peaches

Anything worth posting lying about?

83. I’m afraid not micky, have you got something on the tip of your tongue?

I will scrape the barrel 😦

However, if some footballista strolls into the office in the next half hour with something, then I will certainly hooray

85. I’ll keep an eye 😉

86. Here’s a bit of football, I love thrilling comebacks ……. scary but so rewarding 😀

happy birthday Match of the Day! 50 today. Love it or hate the commentators, it is a great programme to watch after winning a game

what’s the name of the MoTD commentator from the past with a really long chin

89. arnie says:

motning all. what a great pleasure to visit the motning bollix club after such a long break. 🙂

Yes, Khedira!!!! 🙂 Now, that is cause for excitement.

Liverpool was smart to keep Suarez last year. He would never have misbehaved because he wanted desperately to show off in the big stage, ie, the World Cup. I hear he is now on hunger strike! 😛

I hope there is no more Giro-smell left in the barrell scratchings! 😛

90. Hi arnie

Eddie – Jimmy Hill

Peaches. Basic convo. starter sent.

92. arnie says:

Very interesting. Bring on Everton. 🙂

93. arnie says:

Morning, Peaches. How is your arm? Fully healed now?

Did you get my e mail,peaches. ?

95. arnie says:

Arnie

No knocking he Ponce today 🙂

I have nothing against him, and will always get behind whoever plays. My problem will be with Arsene if he persists with Ollie as The Plan A.

For now though, and until Mesut and Theo return, it’s hard to predict how The Boss will play this season.

We could see some amazing football with an attacking line up from Ox, Joel, Sanchez, Mesut and Theo. I remain optimistic.

plenty of rumours of players leaving,the newest one is Giroud,so thats him, Podolski and Santi all off 🙂

The Ox must start tomorrow and let Wilshere sit on the bench with a fag.

99. arnie says:

Micky. 🙂

oh yes, Jimmy Hill, that’s him, ugly dude
    (I am not saying that Lineaker or Shearer are stunners)

What hot stories Micky? Something like this: “A burka and a rifle: The British girl, 22, vowing to be the first woman to kill Westerners “? you can laugh all you want, but I am genuinely scared of Islam, they will hurt us and our children. I’ve no doubt about it. Did you know they had plans to blow up football stadia on match days?

101. arnie says:

102. arnie says:

Eddie, who are us? are you Catholic by any chance? I suppose not. You grew up in commy Poland, right? 😛

103. arnie says:

scared of Islam, oh, I see, you mean Mesut Ozil! 🙂

Ha ha ha Arnie
    40+1 is very cruel.

105. Motning all,

have to agree with you Eddie, it is quite chilling what the jihadis have lined up for all the kaffirs in the world like us.

The biggest threat to civilisation/humanity on this planet.

No Arnie
    She means that terrorist Persie

107. We have a New Post everyone …………………….

I am not anything arnie, I don’t follow religions. ‘Us’ living in UK.
    No, van Persie is not muslim, only married to one

109. arnie says:

Exactly, “terrorist” is the word, no need to assign religion or lack thereof. 🙂

Micky. £40m+1. Good humour! 🙂

110. […] Image Source Eva marcille net worth | richest net worth, Eva marcille is an actress, model and host of television reality shows and has a net worth of $3 million. eva marcille made her net worth through her career as a.Eva longoria net worth – eva longoria net worth, Eva longoria was born in texas and has an estimated net worth of $35 million dollars. an actress and model, eva longoria is most widely recognized for her role on.Eva longoria net worth – therichest – world' , Eva longoria has an estimated net worth of $35 million. like the rest of the desperate housewives cast, longoria raked in an estimated $375,000 per.Eva longoria net worth | celebrity net worth, Eva longoria net worth and salary: eva longoria is an american television and film actress who has a net worth of $35 million dollars. […]