Who do you want to win: Poll Brazil or Chile / Columbia or Uruguay?

A quick filler of a post …. better than nothing eh?

Who do you want to win?

Brazil/Chile: For me it is clearly a Brazil win thanks to their brilliance in attack allied to their craziness in defence. Real entertainers. Chile, though a fine team are more Bayern Munich in their approach – all for one, one for all.

Essentially I want tot see more Neymar.

Columbia/Uruguay: Not so simple because this is more a heart than a head match. I do not want Uruguay to win purely because of their defence of Suarez. IMO it is all well and good to support a teammate but when it so clearly flies in the face of the evidence it becomes embarrassing. To blame the English media is just puerile. Columbia on the other hand are the surprise of the tournament, playing entertaining and enterprising football. They remind me of the Arsenal. So, it is Columbia for me

163 Responses to Who do you want to win: Poll Brazil or Chile / Columbia or Uruguay?

Kelsey
    Just read your news. Absolutely ghastly. Your poor, poor Daughter, how horribly unfair. Really tough times for you all. I’m so sorry.

2. LBG says:

Morning all.
    Columbia and Chile for me.Missed last night’s music fest as Glastonbury was on, so its Mike and the Mechanics, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Clapton, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for me, Chas.

Top man Raddy.

I say let’s milk you as a resource before you bugger off ๐Ÿ™‚

Suarez first. For me a bite is in the spitting/diving category,very unsporting.

I’m not in any way down grading the severity of the event, as I view sporting conduct as very important and I wish the authorities shared that view. They do not treat other unsporting acts with the same severity, and that’s wrong. Also, intentional leg breaking tackles generally get a red card.

Right, now the fun stuff.

Brazil every time in the first one.

Second is tough. I now prefer Uruguay because they will play without the inevitable diving of Suarez, and hope they play Cavani central to prove my point ๐Ÿ™‚

However, do agree with Raddy’s vew on Columbia who are real dark horses. Need to think before voting. Cavani central would swing it one way, but as I doubt it, probably go for Columbia.

Very excited by both games.

Kelsey,

That’s simply horrible news and only 41 years young – how very sad for your son and little granddaughter. No mere words can sum up the unfairness of life, good grief. Try to keep your chin up and not let it all get you down – I know my friend, that’s easy for me to say.

5. Charybdis1966 says:

Good poll Big Randy, for me it’s Chile and Colombia.

I can’t stand the Barca infestation in Brazil with that diving cheat Alves and then the narcissistic preening lady boy Neymar, who is nothing but a Barca tax dodge. Add to that the Spud in their midst, Paulinho, then it’s Chile all the way.

As for Uriguay, nothing needs to be said.

Raddy,

My vote will be for Brazil, although my heart would vote for Chile.
    I could never vote for a country that develops serial snappers so for me its Columbia.

Enjoy your time in Italy and come back with lots of pre-match ideas. Maybe your theme for 2014/15 could be places that you have visited – you can be the AA guide (no training required- knowledge a must).

7. Well done Raddy and thank you.

I’m torn between Brazil and Chile. In a romantic way I think it’s too soon for the hosts to go out so they get my vote but I’ll be hoping Chile stuff them.

The other game is easy, Columbia all the way. Uruguay are behaving as badly as Liverpool did in defending their man and so I want them to go out.

What???

Just voted Brazil and Uruguay, and I’m losing both by miles.

I wish people would stop wetting their knickers over Suarez. Should have been a straight red, penalty, end.

Actually, how’s this for a new rule, in Rugby they can award a penalty try. So if an indecent act is performed in the penalty area by an attacker, a goal could be awarded. That act would include diving, nibbling, spitting and tickling and fingering.

OK, back for the first ko.

Chile and Columbia for me.
    I haven’t managed to watch more than 20 minutes of Brazil game yet. I don’t find them entertaining at all. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Chile’s first two games.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Uruguay ‘do it for poor little persecuted Luis’, so definitely Columbia. I think he should have been banned for a season. He and his country are still pretending he did nothing wrong. Quite disgraceful.

Micky
    That’s the 2nd time you’ve said penalty. It was in Italy’s penalty area.
    Does this mean you wanted Uruguay to have a penalty?

p.s. My knickers are soaked. Biting on a football pitch. F*ck off.

Snappy, deserves the punishment that he has earned!

One more nip will be “a bite too far” and will most likely be his last taste of football.

13. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, Raddy. ๐Ÿ™‚ I voted for Chile and Colombia.

Why Chile? Because I liked their game and their courage. I do not think Brazil has provided enough entertainment. Even if they are hosts, I will not support them at this stage. But they are the likely winners nevertheless.

Why Colombia? Because of Suarez. I can understand where Uruguay’s support for the cannibal is coming from, but at teh same time I do not support this kind of behaviour. Mind you, he will still be a hero in some parts of the world. Ex post, his footballing genius will overshadow his misdemeanours on the field. This has always happened in all walks of life, and it will happen in this case as well. Besides, Colombia are playing an attractive game.

14. stevepalmer1 says:

Nice one Raddy, Uruguay and Chile for me, Brazil should have been without Neymar and they got away with murder.

Uruguay as they didn’t. Not the players fault that Suarez missed his lunch, what do you expect his team mates not to support.

Chile because i like them.

15. arnie says:

Raddy. The evidence on the bite can only be circumstantial. The proximity of the head and the wound is the best one can go by. This is in for a protracted saga as far as I can see. Sad. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ He deserves to be banned for a long time.

16. Norfolk Gooner says:

I’m with Peaches on the vote, Chile and Columbia for me. Brazil do play some great football and in Neymar they probably have the most exciting player in the tournament but I think Chile play the better team game.

Columbia, simply because they are not Uruguay.

RA, just catching up on yesterdayโ€™s post, BT Broadband slower than the old stage coaches this morning, ๐Ÿ˜€ I was not referring to you yesterday, your comments were both amusing and unexceptional, but I am interested to know how you commented on the Henry Norris item since as far as I can see it wasnโ€™t published. I submitted it on the 14th January but canโ€™t find it in the archive of published posts, I suspect that the ghost of good old Sir Henry is playing games with us somehow. ๐Ÿ˜€

Itโ€™s a good thing it wasnโ€™t published as looking back and reading some more sources Iโ€™ve found one or two glaring errors, publishing it in itโ€™s present form would have been an embarrassment. Please Peaches take it out of the cupboard and bin it.

17. arnie says:

Shard, from the morning. Disagree on Ganguly. How is his behaviour so different from what Flintoff did in Mumbai? On the positive side, it was a public demonstration that the modern Indian nation and its people are about ready to come out of their post-colonial legacy of subservience.

On “why Italy”, I have my views. But they are political. Hence this is not the place. Email, perhaps? Oh dear, I have not yet responded to your previous email! ๐Ÿ˜›

18. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsy, What terrible news, my thoughts are with you and your family.

19. arnie says:

Poor planning, will miss the Brazil-Chile game. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Booked a ticket to see a film with Mrs, now both are sad. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

arnie,

Stay home and watch the game, that way only one of you will be sad. You can see the movie anytime.

21. arnie says:

GN5. ๐Ÿ™‚ No, cannot watch any time, it is being shown at the Edinbugh International Film Festival. But, cannot miss the game either. I am working on a cunning plan to juggle between the two.

The film is at 6PM. Will probably watch the game at a pub next door to the theatre until 6:15, hopefully. Will enter the hall on the 5th txt msg from Mrs. ๐Ÿ˜›

22. Norfolk Gooner says:

Which one is it Arnie? the French one (Mon รขme par toi guรฉrie) or Joe? Buy a big box of chocolates and walk into the hall with a pronounced limp, that way you can go for the loving, kind hubby or rely on the sympathy vote. ๐Ÿ˜€ Enjoy the film and the chocs.

24. arnie says:

Norfolk: A film perhaps aptly named Liar’s Dice ๐Ÿ˜› http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar's_Dice_(film)

Yes, the box of chocolates (or candy popcorn) will probably be handy. The limp is already there. Played cricket yesterday after a long time. Never knew there were so many muscles in the body! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

26. arnie says:

28. arnie says:

ah, Chas, completely forgot about Beijing Red. ๐Ÿ™‚ He has got released from prison, then. ๐Ÿ˜›

As I said in the pre-amble – a throw away post is better than none (sometimes)

I really enjoy watching the ladyboy Neymar play in a team without Messi. IMO it was a mistake for both him and Barca – Messi is better without him and vice versa as the WC is showing.

Could one of them be sold? Could Barca sign Suarez?

30. arnie says:

Raddy. I guess Ladyboy, and likewise Suarez, has brand value. Selling merchandise is big business. Does Barca care what they do on the field? Is thare a FIFA-imposed embargo on Suarez shirt sales? ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Chile for me, not sure why. Colombia a no-no because of drugs, others I care not about.

Suarez. He knew what happened last time he bit a player. He knows it is wrong. He knows that It could cost him his career. Yet he has done it again. It is simple to me – he cannot stop himself, he is sick and needs help not punishment. For what it’s worth I feel sorry for him. Apparently he is otherwise a nice and charitable man, gives plenty of money and time to charities in Liverpool and Urugway. I know many that cannot control themselves , fortunately for them they are not in the public eye. The punishment Suarez has received is more than enough. Now he needs to see a shrink,

arnie,

Possible excuses.

1. Poor phone reception
    2. So noisy I did not notice your call.
    3. I must have been in the WC
    4. Sorry – I will make it up to you
    5. I thought you would understand
    6. I was stuck at the front and didn’t want to cause a disturbance by leaving.

Maybe other AAers have some ideas?

Enonne

Once a cannibal tastes blood they cannot stop themselves, I’ve also been told that Uruguayan beef is very succulent.

Norfolk,

I thought that it was 26M who had originally written a Post on Sir Henry, and with whom I had a slight difference of opinion.

When you mentioned your Post on the same subject I assumed my memory had played a trick on me.

It is also possible that it was not a headline Post, but just an extrapolated comment, not unlike me bringing up the topic because of GN5s historical Post yesterday — you see, before the arrival of the great GoonerB I used to be somewhat infamous for writing the longest comments. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Incidentally, a man I admire very much, Beijing Red, has said that he was released from prison using the Suarez defence, because he had not been fighting, it was simply a matter of the other guy losing his balance and falling into Beijing’s fist — seven times.

Sounds plausible to me. ๐Ÿ™„ and for Micky, : roll :

NG,

You were not the only one to have trouble with BT;

–“BT have faced a Twitter storm after customers complained that they were experiencing internet connection problems.

The company, which provides broadband to seven million UK subscribers, said it was unable to say how many customers had been affected.

But after Twitter users from across the country said they could not access major websites – including Facebook, eBay, and Amazon – the firm commented on their official Twitter page.

The post, by the @BTCare handle, said: “Sorry about the issues many of you had accessing the internet this morning.

“Problem is now fixed – sorry for any trouble caused.”

BT added that its own website and phone apps had also been plagued with problems earlier in the day, but now were now working.

A BT spokeswoman said: “There were problems with our broadband service earlier today but they were resolved. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.”

RA

His statement must have read something like…
    “In my haste to get a taste’ I tripped over and fell onto a shoulder of beef”

GN5, ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s not all lost for England – Howard “the Duck” Webb is having a good game ๐Ÿ™‚

What a terrific half of football .

Could go either way with Brazil and especially Marcello having no defensive discipline

Not sure whom I want to win.

But here’s whom I think will win:
    Brazil (controversially, with a dodgy pen or some other type of ‘homer’ decision from Webbo).

Columbia in a high scoring game. (I’ve had a bet on 3-2).

Mr Wenger. Get out of the commentary box and sign Alexi Sanchez. Ideal for AFC

Hiya Rocky

Bloody Webb ๐Ÿ™‚

Wish he had been a “homer” then. He’s got big balls. Sadly.

Raddy
    Add Gustavo to your list

Big call from the linesman.

Gustavo added

Brazil looking nervous.

Mind you, they do have Neymar…

I remember Chile outplaying England at Wemberley a little while back (not that that’s saying much).

Some of you have very odd reasons for not wanting a or b to win.
    What’s wrong with Brazil, and with Uruguay Suarez is not playing, and Eddie, some would support Columbia BECAUSE of the drugs. Allegedly, super quality gear.

Fred, Jo, Bernard, Oscar… Brazil have a definite air of Last of the Summer Wine about them.

Brazil on the ropes.

Cracking game

Neymar not in the game because Brazil’s midfield getting dominated

I’m impressed with the red hot Chiles. I suspect their chances depend on whether they can keep up their pressing game in this heat.

Hiya, Rocket, have you come out to play? ๐Ÿ™‚

Many games of football are decided by a bit of individual brilliance – this one has a feel that it might be decided by a silly mistake in the heat, by either side.

I’ve been here all along Redders, watching your every word ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope not. I want a super goal to win an excellent game

The Red Hot Chile Peppers look as if they are wilting, but Bravo just pulls out a wonderful save!!

So you are saying my drivel has driven you away, Rocker. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s kept me holding on Redders ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t mind another 30 mins of this

Sad one of these teams has to lose

If Brazil go out it will somehow diminish the tournament, but Chile have been wonderful in the games I have seen, and deserve to go thru.

My vote is that Hulk did handle the ball as it was arm to ball.

The BBC panel are total crap!

RA we disagree. He controlled it with his arm

But agree all 3 on the panel are crap๐Ÿ˜•

Think that is what I said, Raddish.

He moved his arm to the ball (to control it). You are getting as bad as tricky Micky!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Randy,

Oh and did I also say that Hulk did handle the ball — yes I believe I did!
    Are you at the vino? ๐Ÿ™‚

Is it sudden death?

Can I add Keown to the ‘crap’ list.

Dear oh dear – I think the poor lad has headed the ball to often.

Death by pens if it is a draw at the end of extra time, Micky.

Try again, does next goal end match?

RA. Better slow down on the valpolicella, there is at least 2 hours of football to come!

He’s a Lambrusco man during footie. Pint of.

Now that I can type without looking at the keyboard or the screen, I can watch the game while I muse!!

If I get my fingers in the wrong starting positions I can get,

Tpvu od s htsy etoyt — Rocky is a great writer — keys to the right of the intended ones.

That Hulk has a huge kick on him.

No Micky. What am I — your private data base? tetchy sod.

Valpolicelli — Is that wall paper paste, Raddy?

Slightly more expensive RA

BTW RA are you over all your health problems?

Come on lads, it would be terrible for such a great host nation, fabulous tournament, and wonderful fans to go out.

Agree Chile have been terrific, but still, send the minnow farmers (Beijing) home ๐Ÿ™‚

Nope Raddy, unfortunately, and I cannot consume alcohol either — or wall paper paste — no hold on, I can drink wall paper paste, but only on Sundays. ๐Ÿ™‚

If this goes to pens there will be heart attacks in Brazil

Sorry to read that RA. Wish you well.

Never tried wallpaper paste. Will have a pint tomorrow

Penalty shoot outs are a sad way to go out.

I think on reflection that I want Brasil to go thru. [Kiss of death?]

What a game. Luck will win it

Wow. Bad news.

I really like watching penalty shoot-outs, but, this is going to be terrible for one team. More pressure on Brazil, I guess.

Still hope they win for the whole country.

Fantastic. I love football

83. Sav from Australia says:

Valiant Chile. Need Columbia or Uruguay, whoever is the stronger team, to beat those cheating Brazilians.

Excellent start to the evening.

Hoping Cavani starts through the middle. Can’t wait.

86. I voted Brazil and they winning also voted Columbia could you please see my 2 football blogs thanks in advance

Oh yes, Cavani starts in the middle. Not bothered who wins this one so much, as wanting to see him play as he did in Naples, where he was a superb dribbler and finisher. Hence getting the ยฃ40m odd price tag.

He’s been pants wide in both Paris, and so far in Brazil.

If he gets back on form, then I want Uruguay to win, just so that we see more of him, if not, then Columbia have been entertaining, so would do the tournament justice.

91. arnie says:

hmmm. I managed to watch upto 75 mins, but then could not find Mrs in the theatre. A very long face. Shhh. Mum’s the word. ๐Ÿ˜›

92. arnie says:

Rodriguez. ………

93. arnie says:

come on Colombia!!!!!

Fantastic goal from Rodriguez When he signed for so much money for Monaco i thought they were mad. Clearly they know more about football than I do

95. arnie says:

Ha-mes Rodriguez again. …. ๐Ÿ™‚

96. arnie says:

Are we linked to Rodriguez? ๐Ÿ˜›

no sources are saying anything about it, Arnie ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Uruguay certainly don’t deserve anything from this game so far

99. arnie says:

Micky. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ However, let us be braced for twatter activity tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜›

Arnie
    He’s not even watching the game. French love god is chatting up another of those Brazilian babes again

Feel sorry for my main man Cavani. Utterly wasted playing with those apes.

Columbia Brazil will be something to relish.

Really enjoying the fast flowing attack minded football on show. So much better than South Africa.

Nite all.

102. arnie says:

Please don’t despair, Micky. ๐Ÿ˜›

103. arnie says:

Maybe we should repeat Raddy’s very successful formula for a post from yesterday.

We should get him to do another, and flog the hippy to death before he slopes off on holiday for weeks on end.

Ha ha, love the vid Arnie

Won’t discuss tonights games in case we do the same thing, but it will be my first glimpse of The Frogs, so very excited by that.

Here’s a reasonable question

Yanks call us Limeys
    Frogs call us Les Rosbifs
    We call Krauts Krauts
    What do Krauts call us?

Love nicknames after foods.

Oh God, before anyone says anything, I know Limeys is not after the delicious fruit

Oh no, this here Rosbif is going to be in France for two nights, including next Friday, so if Les Bleus qualify tonight, no-one is going to be cooking for me that night ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Motning

From Wiki

Inselaffe
    A pejorative German name for the British is Inselaffe, which means ‘island ape’ or ‘island monkey’.

Sounds a little rude, Chas.

Have there been any standout performances from Glasto?

Caught a few minutes of Blondie, which was more than a little “oh dear”. Ending one number, she attempted the rock ‘n roll leap to end a song, and bless her, she must have got about two inches off the ground

Just having a gentle stroll around Glaso on youtube

Don’t like this sort of thing, but quite like this ๐Ÿ™‚

113. GOONERKAM says:

My goodness. I would hazard a guess that surez s wife’s body is full of birthmarks. Poor woman.

If you were a Barcelona fan would you really want your club to sell Sanchez to goodness knows who and bring in Suarez?

I just can’t see that as an upgrade.

That’s one of your rhetorical questions isn’t it LB

You don’t want an answer, and I can’t believe you’re trying to provoke a bet ๐Ÿ™‚

Could you imagine Sanchez at Arsenal?

The mind boggles.

Well mine does anyway.

Could you imagine Ozil at Arsenal 12 months ago?

With a front line of Sanchez, Messi, Neymar, Pedro and Deulofeu they are already top heavy.

Can’t see it either. Suarez will stay at L’pool.

And who is going to take the risk that this Suarez chap won’t do it again? Especially when laying out โ‚ฌ80m to take that risk

Agree with that Raddy

The whole affair could be bad news for other Prem Teams as he’ll probably stay.

123. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    My predictions went out of the window, as Brazil and Columbia went through.
    Am i cynical in thinking that both sides that went out was political.
    I know we don’t do politics on this blog so i won’t expect an answer.

Being English i have to say that my enthusiasm has run a bit dry for the world cup, and if i speak the truth, once your own country gets knocked out early i don’t really care who wins it, Much the same as when The Arse get knocked out of anything.

Maybe this is the English way (bad losers) ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve
    Alien intervention more likely ๐Ÿ™‚

Turn off sound!

I must admit I couldn’t see the Ozil deal, it still amazes me.

Arsenal’s transfer dealings are mighty quiet this summer, Arsene is looking very relaxed up there, something is going on.

128. stevepalmer1 says:

Nice one Micky, But it will all come out in time mate, I’m sure of that ๐Ÿ™‚

129. stevepalmer1 says:

I always remember as a kid, in the comics i read that the German’s always referred to us as Englander’s

130. Norfolk Gooner says:

Morning all, James Rodriguez for goal of the tournament? ….So far.

131. Norfolk Gooner says:

Surely the word is Tommy! As in ” For you tommy ze voar iz over”.

LB
    Spot on. It’s great to see Arsene looking so relaxed and enjoying himself.

Doesn’t look like a man too worried about transfers.

Interpreted by Me: some megastars in the pipeline
    Site realists: some 16 year old from Colchester Utd if we’re lucky

Colchester is a hot bed of talent nowadays.

Scheiderlin and Draxler were both born in Colchester

135. stevepalmer1 says:

Got to say that Arsene looks more relaxed than i have ever seen him. Beach Volleyball will be the next training aid

Last night was the first time that I had focussed on Colombia, I was very impressed by their athleticism and how every World Cup throws up a new star, it looks like this time it is going to be James. He looks very good but there is still a lot to prove. Their next game will tell us all we need to know, should be interesting.

Raddy ๐Ÿ™‚

Agree with that LB. Thing is, I’m not so sure Brazil are that good, and Uruguay were awful last night.

Real opportunity for a European side to grab the thing.

In Spanish James is pronounced Ham-es.

Just thought I would share that with you.

Cath-or-la

I’m still trying.

Raddy
    Did you make that voting chart yesterday, or do we need a site leader to rock up?

Good point Micky

You just get the feeling that the Germans would know exactly how to deal with all that running around at high speed malarkey fairly easily.

Well LB, I shall call him James then ๐Ÿ™‚

Funny, we all call Santi Cathorla, but we all called Bobby Peres which should probably have been Pereth

Mind you, I cant stand people who say they going to Andaluthia, whereas last year they went to Rome not Roma.

Micky. Being a site leader I made it ๐Ÿ˜€

That is true but Eboue was pronounced Iboo-ay whereas iin english it should be Eboo.

This could be a long list so best to stop here

LB

My wall chart looks shit, and my son is beating me, but I have a German Argentina final which could ease me over the finishing line in first place.

I was giving him a really hard time about picking the Greeks, and last night he called me “an insufferable oaf”

He’s 13. Hit him, or praise him for being so astute?

Well Raddy

Can we do it again today unless there’s a post lying about somewhere.
    Happy to help
    Or not bother? Don’t mind, but Im around for another 20 mins

147. arnie says:

Motning, Poms and Farengis and friends.

148. arnie says:

Beebs. Joel Campbell leads Costa Rica’s rapid rise

149. arnie says:

Just in case you cannot get enough of footie ๐Ÿ˜›

150. arnie says:

Two of my Portuguese students arriving tonight to spend a few days with us. Imagine the cruel sadist smile on my face and their sheepish response when I receive them at the airport. ๐Ÿ˜›

151. arnie says:

Raddy: more of the same please. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK. Another poll and a …

New Post

153. I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about
    my problem. You’re amazing! Thanks!

154. Pop Popcorn-there’s a 3 setting feature depending on size in the bag.
    The 6600 Cabrio Series is a result of one in the most well-received washer product lines in history.

By visiting websites that feature best quality appliances you will likely be able to accumulate all from the information that you’ll
    need to find probably the most efficient appliances available.
    Author’s experience in the advertising industry selling billboard and phone book advertisements.

155. regalo bed rail replacement parts

156. 500 grams rice to cups

157. ehow when to take chromium polynicotinate

158. ace diet pills reviews

159. markesinilimited.zendesk.com

Who do you want to win: Poll Brazil or Chile / Columbia or Uruguay? | Arsenal Arsenal