Blast from the Past No. 18 England’s World Cup History

world-cup

The World Cup competition began in 1930, and has since become the world’s largest sporting event. It has been staged every four years since then with the exception of 1942 and 1946, when the Second World War forced its suspension.

England did not enter the first three competitions of 1930, 1934 and 1938. Although FIFA sought England’s participation, the Football Association declined all invitations. Not until the fourth tournament in 1950 did England take part.

England has entered all 16 post-war competitions. They reached the final tournament 13 times. They qualified through play in the preliminary competition on 11 occasions (1950, 1954, 1958, 1962, 1982, 1986, 1990, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010), as host country once (1966) and as reigning champions once (1970). They failed to qualify for the final tournaments on only three occasions (1974, 1978 and 1994).

England has had only moderate success in the World Cup, and that is perhaps a fair reflection of their standing in world football.

englandwcteam66

They have won the tournament just once, in 1966, when it was held on English soil and they played all their matches at their home ground, Wembley Stadium, an advantage extended to no other team in World Cup history. Their 4-2 extra-time victory against West Germany in the only final match they have reached has remained clouded by the controversy over whether their third goal, the first of extra-time, actually crossed the goal line.

ENGLAND SOCCER WC 1966

England reached the semi-finals on only one other occasion, at the 1990 tournament in Italy, where, following extra-time victories over Belgium and Cameroon, they went down to West Germany on penalty kicks after a 1-1 extra-time draw. They then lost the third-place match to the host nation, 2-1.

Englands WC placing

England has reached the quarterfinals on six other occasions, at the 1954, 1962, 1970, 1986, 2002 and 2006 tournaments. At the 1982 competition in Spain, where the final tournament was conducted through two group stages with the teams topping the four second-round groups proceeding directly to the semi-finals, England finished the second group stage unbeaten but was therefore eliminated.

England have been eliminated in the round of 16 teams stage on two occasions since the final tournament was expanded to more than 16 teams in 1982–at the 1998 final tournament in France and the 2010 final tournament in South Africa.

England have been eliminated at the first round group stage on two occasions 1950 and 1958, when they finished level in group play with the USSR but lost a playoff match.

The World Cup has been a frustrating odyssey for England, particularly since 1966. At several tournaments, their performances have filled their fans with justified hope, but in the end, they have just not had enough to overcome the world’s most powerful teams in crucial knockout matches.

Consolation-seekers like to point out that it has been England’s misfortune to meet the eventual World Cup winners in the knockout stages of four tournaments. They went out to Brazil, 3-1, in the quarterfinals of the 1962 tournament, to Argentina, 2-1 by way of Maradona’s “Hand of God” goal, in the quarterfinals of the 1986 tournament, to West Germany, on penalty kicks after a 1-1 extra-time draw, in the semi-finals of the 1990 tournament and to Brazil again, 2-1, in the quarterfinals of the 2002 tournament after holding the lead.

On three occasions they have been eliminated in penalty-kick shootouts, in the 1990 semi-final against West Germany, the 1998 round-of-16-teams match against Argentina following a 2-2 extra-time draw in which they played a man short following the expulsion early in the second-half of midfielder David Beckham. On a third occasion, in the 2006 quarter-finals, England were eliminated by Portugal following a 0-0 draw.

Perhaps most disappointing was their elimination at the 1982 tournament in Spain. Having won all three of their group matches quite handily, all they could muster in their second-round group was a pair of goalless draws against eventual finalist West Germany and hosts Spain. They went home unbeaten, having yielded only one goal in five matches.

Our first game in the 2014 group stage is on June 13th vs Italy.

There will be no predictions from GN5 I simply want our team to play up to their top potential and hope that Lady Luck favours us.

world cup history

18 Jul 09 2006; Italy* 1* France 1
19 Jul 11 2010; Spain 1 Netherlands 0
* Won on Penalty Kicks

wc finals appearances

GunnerN5

99 Responses to Blast from the Past No. 18 England’s World Cup History

Another top quality post.

I remember that 1982 side. Dull as ditchwater.

For me the 1990 WC is the best from an England standpoint. We had Barnes, Waddle, Gazza and Lineker. A decent defence. – we should have won it.

I believe I am one of the very few on AA that attended the 1966 Final.A game never to forgot.A different era and 48 years on the game has changed dramatically.

As usual a well researched and enjoyable post GN5

In 1966 I went to Wembley for the Argentina quarter finals. I still have the ticket and it was a day which lingers in the memory.

But I wasn’t really old enough to appreciate how exceptional winning the WC was – I assumed we would always win because we were England 😀

Kelsey (or is it Doomsey or KelDoom) I like Doomsey myself.

I never made it to any of our World Cup games, but now wish that I had made the effort. They were very difficult to get and most of all the exorbitant cost really put me off.

But the final itself is one of those “one off” experiences that become ingrained. Well done for making it – you may well be the only AAer to have had that honour.

Sounds like is was difficult sorting my post, thanks to both Peaches and Rasp for making it happen,

Rasp/Peaches – drop me a line and let me know what I should do differently to make it easier for you get them ready.

6. Norfolk Gooner says:

A fine, historical piece. Well done GN5.

Sadly it reinforces my comments, earlier in the week, about my lack of optimism for England’s chances of a successful outcome to the present tournament.

Too many times the fans have been let down by underwhelming performances from our players.

In almost every competition the media build a frenzy of support, pubs shops, private homes and cars are festooned with flags depicting the Cross of St George. Political leaders, many of whom had never been near a football match until their PR gurus realised what a popular, and hopefully vote winning, thing it would be to get behind “our boys”, appear on TV offering their undying support.

And what happens? Time after time the referees, or the climate, or the state of the pitches or just shear bad luck conspire to send our squad home early. The manager departs, some senior players retire from international football to concentrate on their club careers, where the real money can be made, lessons are said to have been learned, cries go out for more coaches to be trained, money is shovelled into Centres of Excellence and the whole sorry charade gears up for the next time.

No I don’t expect England to return home in triumph, with the history behind them why would I or anybody do so?

NG,

Thank you for your comments, we don’t happen to share the same opinion but I understand where you are coming from.

I, as always, am pumped up and ready to watch every World Cup game that I can and I will fully support my national team throughout their campaign.

My son and grandson will watch all of England’s games together with me and there will be pictures of my Dad and Grandfather close by so that my young grandson can appreciate that it is a family tradition.

You see it is now 5 generations of us GN5’s that have supported both Arsenal and England – and we are/were all very proud of our patronage.

Is this the signal for the next hate campaign?

……………………………………………………………………………………….

Sagna set to join Manchester City

Bacary Sagna has agreed to join Manchester City after his contract with Arsenal expires on June 30.

Sagna, 31, signed for Arsenal from Auxerre in the summer of 2007 and went on to make a total of 284 appearances for the club.

An integral part of Arsenal’s defence over the past seven seasons, the France international brought his time with the Gunners to a fitting close last month when he helped the team win the FA Cup in his final match.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to thank Bacary for his fantastic contribution, and wish him all the best for the future.
    Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source 13 Jun 2014

9. LBG says:

Thanks for the post GN5. Sorry that I too have little real interest in England and their WC progress. Will watch sometimes for Arse players update and to see possible signings for next season.

Like the big GK yesterday, disappointed with Cesc situation which I believe, he had little control over. Want to keep him in my heart as a true Gooner who gave all for us and gave me much joy, but think he will get hurt by this move! My golf partner, a taxi-driver Chav, puts him in the same category as Benitez in terms of likely popularity!!!! Watch your back Cesc.

LBJ,

I hold no animosity towards any ex Arsenal players, as at one time or another they have played their part in our history.

I find the whole booing/hating gang to be way offside and offensive.

I can fully appreciate why some choose not to get excited about the English team – but their are millions of us that don’t share that sentiment.

11. fatgingergooner says:

Going to be tough to see Sagna and Fabregas wearing blue next season. Oh well, aslong as we do good business then nothing to worry about.

Far too much time is spent by fans worrying about what other teams are doing. Leave them to it. We have a quality squad that just needs a few more goals, some midfield power, and a touch of pace. Add those things in the right areas and we can challenge.

Cheers, GN5.

Good stuff as ever.

The England team photo with George Eastham in it, intringued me.
    I didn’t recognise the ground or the big lad next to Bobby Moore.
    With a bit of digging, George Eastham’s last game for England was in the run up to the World Cup and from this line-up for that game, the only name I don’t recognise is John Connelly.

I always learn something new from your posts. Ta.

13. Gooner from Norfolk says:

What’s going on with wordpress, it’s over three hours since my previous comment but I’m being told to slow down?

I was wondering why Carlos Vela is not playing for Mexico. It is because despite being called up he refuses to play!

Who at the age of 25 would refuse to go to the WC?

Must be a wrong ‘un

The Spanish Subs bench…

De Gea, Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, Villa, Torres, Fabregas, Pedro, Mata, Koke, Cazorla,

Shit

Apart from Santi, of course.

…and anyone else out of that lot that we manage to sign . 🙂

19. arnie says:

Great stuff, well researched and as usual a lot to learn from. 🙂 Thank you GN5.

Naturally, I have not followed the England national team all my life. In India, loyalties are divided between Brazil and Argentina, and I was on the Brazil side. Since settling in the UK, I have tried to follow England closely, not least because of my Arsenal support.

The problem for me is the negativity. It is all right to blame all the injustices and misfortunes of the world. But in my view this attitude is regressive and does not provide much inspiration to improve. If in its place there was the attitude that, despite everything, we would give our all and be proud of our efforts, I think it would be so much more of a positive attitude. I seriously think this is an issue.

Just an example. Instead of complaining about Manaus, if the attitude was that we can be better than Italy on that day, and we will try hard to be, it would be such a different attitude.

Instead of saying Iraq will be a hostile environment, which it will be, the attitude could very well have been we will fight hard and better than everyone else in that environment, it would be so much better. Alas!

This has little to do with football, it is society. I say this because I sincerely believe it, and I am very sad about it. 😦 I live in hope that this negative attitude will change.

20. arnie says:

Personally, I always support the boys in red and white and I will always support the boys that put the shirt on. However, I reserve my right to be nasty and spiteful towards our opposition players. That does not mean I will not appreciate a good game and a good player. But they may still be shit for me, even DEAD.

Sagna is different, so far. He has conducted himself with dignity. 🙂

21. arnie says:

Good luck Raddy. But R$P is shit. No apologies. 🙂

22. Shard says:

I hate to admit it on here but in all national team sports I tend to have the attitude of anyone but England (only in cricket do I hate the Aussies more)

I can’t really explain why that is. Maybe the sense of entitlement and (conversely) negativity that the English media carries? Maybe that I tend to think tht the ENglish play dirty or rough at times (at least in Football and Rugby)

My first world cup was France 98 and I loved the colour and excitement, and even the Ricky Martin song. I have almost no memory of England in that tournament though, except the Beckham red card. I do remember Scotland v Brazil qute clearly and I was supporting the underdogs.

The story I like best about England’s world cup adventures is in 1950 when they lost to the USA 1-0 and the English media not believing this was possible, figured that there had been an error in the telegram and printed the score as England 10 – USA – 1.

Arnie.
    Interestingly, I was always on the Argentina side of that 🙂

Not that I support Argentina. They play dirty too. I always used to support Holland. Bergkamp and total football and all that, But now with Van Persie and Van Gaal, it is impossible. I’m a complete neutral in this world cup.

23. arnie says:

A piece of personal news. I received news late night on Weds that an American colleague who was arriving to give a one-day course was not arriving in time. Cancelled flight.

There were students coming from all over Scotland. It was disaster. I had to quickly step in, prepare material all night and give a 5-hour course yesterday.

The colleague finally arrived today with a surprise gift as appreciation for my troubles. I had only a 14 inch TV at home. Now I have a 24 inch TV. Watching the game now on the new TV, a gift from my friend. What pleasure! 🙂

The new TV is an LG and it says “Life is Good”. It is indeed. 🙂 🙂 🙂

24. arnie says:

Shard. 🙂

25. arnie says:

come on Holland. We want to see a proper game!

26. Shard says:

Yes we do arnie. I have a (friendly) bet that Spain win 2-1. But if Van Gaal proves to be unable to deal with possession football with a target man up front, I’ll take it 🙂

I keep forgetting it is Spain vs Holland. Neither is in their traditional colours of Red and Orange. Makes for less of a spectacle somehow 😦

27. arnie says:

Agreed, Shard. Red and orange would have been so much better. 🙂

I will write to you, Shard. Just a very busy time. 😦

28. arnie says:

Great goal.

have to agree arnie. love him or hate him, that was a fantastic goal

Quite a good goal by the dutch bloke.

That was never a penalty for Spain, Costa trod on the defender, he didn’t have his leg hooked away.

32. Shard says:

arnie

I was going to ask you about that 🙂

And congratulations on your new TV. You sure know how to pick your friends. Just don’t expect anything of the sort from me. haha 🙂

Well guys its now 9:00pm in England and this post has received on 6 comments.

It will be my last blast, as I put too much into them to receive so little n response/s.

Friday’s are now open for any takers.

34. Shard says:

Rasp

I had said earlier that what I want from the world cup is that the players play fair and it is not the referees that decide the games. So far in 2 and a half games we’ve had a potential red card not awarded, 3 goals wrongly chalked off, and 2 penalties wrongly awarded. So much for that.

GN5 – I am so sorry!!!!! I read it, enjoyed it and completely forgot to comment. I love your blasts, please don’t be offended be few comments, I am sure your posts receive millions of hits

Hi Shard, what amazes me is that the ‘experts’ in the studio clearly saw that the contact was the other way round in the slow motion replay and yet stuck to their guns as they’d previously said it was a penalty

FECK!!! 2 footballers I hate most in the world both scored great goals

Population of Spain is almost 3 times population of Holland. And yet there are 3 times more Dutch supporters than the Spanish fans.
    Money makes the world go round, world go round

39. arnie says:

well, the first two goals were brilliant, it has to be said.

now that they have let in 3, all to do!!!!

That was a clear foul on the keeper, the goal should be disallowed

41. arnie says:

GN5. very very sad. 😦 Regulars in here appreciate your sentiments, and also enjoy your posts immensely. Are educated by your experiences that you kindly share with us. They all read your posts avidly.

if you make this unfortunate decision, it is they who are going to be deprived. punished. but why? they enjoy and appreciate your posts. 😦

42. arnie says:

Please GN5.

43. arnie says:

shit goalkeeping, for both the 3rd and 4th

44. arnie says:

DEAD comes on, SHIT retires. 🙂

45. arnie says:

and the 5th. how is the bottle of red, Raddy? 🙂

46. arnie says:

ah, finally, Spain have found a GK! 😛

47. Shard says:

Rasp

We probably have different ”experts”.

That was a foul on Iker but since he was nowhere near catching the ball, I can understand why it wasn”t deemed a foul.

Casillas probably needs some time off from the pressures of top level football. He’s good with the reflex saves, but his concentration and confidence both seem gone. He was lucky his error didn’t cost Real their La Decima. And now this performance.

48. arnie says:

well, Spain can learn from Arsenal how to come back from big defeats. 😛

49. arnie says:

finally, the WC comes alive! 🙂 🙂

50. Shard says:

Bloody typical that the one time I withdraw my support from the Dutch they decide to put up a performance like that. Still.. made for an entertaining game and the look of shock on Xavi (DNA invoker in chief) offers some consolation. A vindictive man, I am 🙂

51. arnie says:

Shard: 🙂

52. arnie says:

and before I forget, disgraceful headbutt!

53. goonerjake says:

As a gooner I hate vp, and no time for robben. But what a great game of footy and robben was fantastic.

As a gooner I love great football and that ticked all the boxes.

I was cheering every goal.

Amazing, absolutely amazing, the Spanish develop a football system that is so successful that everyone and their brother try and copy it……..and what do the Spanish do?

They copy the system that everyone and their brother use.

If ever the saying of if the clock works don’t try and mend it was more appropriate than tonight’s game I can’t think of it.

Shocking dive from Costa for Spain’s penalty – should fit in well at Stamford Bridge.
    Costa,Torres and Fabregas humiliated by bsr just about palatable as long as Holland collapse from here on in. Time for the Dutch egos to arise!
    As for the imaginary headbutt – pffft.

56. arnie says:

If the Dutch can do that to the world champions and one of the top seeds this year, why can the English not take heart and believe in themselves and their capabilities? 🙂

We live to fight on! 🙂 Onwards and upwards. 🙂 🙂

57. arnie says:

even an attempted headbutt would have been bad enough, is it not! disgraceful in any case. 😦

Superb history again Gn5

Reading it, I was really struck by our failure to qualify in 1974 and 1978.

During those years we had players of the calibre of:
    Trevor Brookin, Mick Channon, Kevin Keegan, Peter Shilton, Trevor Francis, Ray Wilkins, Emlyn Hughes, Phil Neal, Terry Cooper, Colin Todd, Mick Mills, Roy McFarland etc…

How come we failed to qualify????

(And I say this as someone who was watching at the time: we went from being arguably the best team at the 1970 WC – so unlikely to get knocked out – to failing to qualify for 12 years!!!)

I think Spain will win the World Cup.

Seriously.

arnie
    If we beat Italy, the whole country and press will say that we will win the tournament.
    Being a little bit negative and reticent is a national characteristic as is a fortitude and resoluteness of spirit.
    Tommy Atkins and all that.

61. arnie says:

Chas. 😛

Rocky
    Sir Alf over the hill, Revie, Greenwood, shite bollix?

Also, Ray ‘Denilson’ Wilkins, come on!!!!!!

Thanks GN5

Your blasts from the past make great reading. Forget those who dont appreciate them. There the same people who take offence when on election days I drive around on a Sunday morning proclaiming through loudspeaker “I want a return to the good old days of full employment. So I dont have to work”

Free unemployment in a full employment society for all.

England for the World Cup? Why not. The main problem has always been expectency. When you invent something, you are expected to be good at it so theres pressure

Look at that kid from the Home Alone movies. He was expected to go on and become a top movie star, but unfortunately upon growing up, people quickly realised he was a shit actor and his cute face was replaced by a ‘my cell mate treats me very harshly look’

Its time for England to shake off the submissive cell mate persona and start acting like the daddy

Threaten the Italians that singing love songs and soap dropping in the shower will no longer be tolerated, take Suarez out with cue ball in a sock, and inform the Costa Ricans that from now on group dancing will involve a 50% tax of there tobbaco.

Stand up and be counted.

66. arnie says:

Terry. 🙂 Inspirational and hilarious. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Genius Tel 😀

Well the Spanish Inquisition has started.

I have yet to see a single game where the defence of any of the nations doesn’t look vunerable and it’s also pleasing that opening games are quite often very cagey affairs but so far this is not the case.

chas obviously sleeps less than I do 🙂

Great read as always GN5, thank you.

One very interesting thing is your chart of Finalists. With the exception of Uruguay and France, you have to get to the final on a few occasions to actually win it.
    Although I’ve never been a Holland fan, blimey three finals and no wins. Ouch.

As for England’s history, mmm, ’90 was a good side as they had some genuine, quite un English, flair.

As for today, first up I’ll miss the game, second I think the team has the real possibility of surprising a few. Love the possibility of some speed down the flanks.

DooooooooooooooooooM

Morning Kelsey 🙂

Wow, what a game last night.

Got home ten minutes into the game. Kinda wanted Spain to win, but what a superb game. One of the best headers ever from RvP.

Chas
    How much sleep do you need to operate at the highest level?
    I absolutely need 8 hrs to be at my peak, but never get it.

Morning Micky 🙂

I get about 5 hours if I am lucky.

Torres was absolutely pants last night and Costa however good he might be will be another cheating scumbag in the PL and refs will mark his card.

Loved the game last night. Proper football.

Whatever Van Gaal did at half time changed the game or Spain ran out of ideas and strength

Morning, Crystals of Doom and Micky.

Micky
    The very thought that there could be any level other than ordinary in there, had me laughing. I get between 5 and 9 but never notice any effect on performance.

I thought it was a penalty – not a deliberate foul but a foul nonetheless

Shocking dive, BR.

bsr was running around like he’d scored against us.

GN5

Just read your last “Blast” comment.

I am sad about that. However, I do get it if you care about votes or comments as you must put hours into these, so I can’t take the high ground given my own appalling level of input, and the fact that I don’t put more than 20 mins into any post myself.

I must say that I don’t think you realize how much you’ve enhanced peoples’ knowledge. History is so important, and I am a better Gunner for all your work. I also know that you drew the short straw with the Friday slot.

Anyhow, my thanks for all the work.

Another great bit of history GN5. My first memorable WC was probably 86. I remember the HoG so clearly we all believed Shilts before we saw the replay because “he was an honest keeper”….and one of my heroes.

The 90 WC was the first where I watched nearly every game, managed to break my elbow during the middle of it.

I’m not sure I’ve been that excited for the WC since I guess the age of the Internet and players travelling all over the world to play football means there are very few surprise stars.

Saying that some of the Dutch team from last night I hadn’t seen a lot of, was impressed by Blind. The media were raving about the Dutch but I think the Spanish were as bad as Holland were good. Casillas a man some want to join Arsenal looked a shadow of his former self, Pique and Ramos, Iniesta and Xavi looked old all of a sudden. Thought Spain had enough opportunities to threaten but they rarely exploited the gaps in the Dutch lines.

Henry was superb on the post match stuff, he wants to talk football and Shearer and Ferdinand didn’t have anything interesting to add.

My favourite line was Henry talking about Robben’s first goal.

“show me the goal show me grass and I’m going to bury you”. Haha how many times must he have had that thought when he played for us.

But you can see that Robben, Schneider and BSR play for themselves as much as playing for each other, Robben should have squared that ball rather than do his 360 to score, and after that there were other opportunities to pass to teammates by all three but they all seemed to prefer personal glory to setting up a teammate. Can Gaal has a massive job on his hands keeping the egos working as a team.

Show me the grass and I’ll bury myself.

Costa doesn’t seem to be a fit for the way Spain play, preferring to run on the back of defenders shoulders than come and play 1-2’s. Similar to Torres who also failed at the bus stop.

Raddy I know you aren’t on Twitter but GM had a theory as to why Spain were so poor secondly half……something about leaving the drugs at home.

Now that would be an interesting study, Spanish and Barca’s performance since those unmarked blood bags at the Drug Doctors lab were destroyed all around the Lance Armstrong case, Barca issued statements saying they were not connected to the doctor, but have they been the same team since 2012?

Ah ha, The Lads

Kelsey,
    I really don’t think Maureen is doing himself, or Chelsea, much good if he really does sign Costa and Cesc.
    He had trouble fitting Mata in, and Chelsea is clearly not Cesc’s first choice Club, so that cannot be a good thing.

As for Costa, it simply cannot be healthy to have a disliked player. I mean, I had no idea until yesterday about his Brazil/Spain switch. Crikey!

Still think it was a penalty 😀

Spain’s defence were appalling – so much space. The much hyped Jordi Alba was pants as were the CB’s. And where was the marvellous Xabi Alonso when the excrement hit the fan?

I put it down to old age and arrogance.

Like GM’s drugs suggestion

Superb work Exile, a drug’s scandal 🙂

Chas 🙂

Exile

A kind of “eh?” regarding Robben and the should have passed rather than score. A bit of selfishness from strikers and a ruthless determination to score has to be a good thing.

Then again, it’s Robben, and why should he ever pass the ball to any footballer on the planet when he knows that every single one of them can’t stand him.

Raddy

Talking of drugs, how were the hippy sixties, and do you remember anything of your lost decade apart from what remains on your medical records

I listened to the Radio1 commentary on the red button and really enjoyed it. They had no idea about the football at all – bit like Lawrenson truth beknown. They kept saying Robben was really good for a man of his extended years. Even at 4-1, one of them was asking whether it was always this boring.

Micky. 7.07. It is all a rosy, sunshine filled fluffy cloud

Raddy
    I bet the medical records tell a far more sordid tale
    Loose, is what you lot were

GIE

Don’t forget Nadal in your 6.51 equation.

It is an outrage that the Spanish courts wont release those blood bags.

Drugs.

I could write a post about them and not the ones you mean Raddy 😉

By the way what gives you lot the impression I am a doomer.

you not a doomer Kels, Micky is trying to make himself feel better 🙂

Really enjoyed the game last night, proper football. Shame that the Dutch monster won, but what is worse is the fact that their pug faced manager is going to ManU, not good for us

arnie – ‘dead in, shit retires’ – is that some kind of a cryptic clue? Only AAers could solve that one, brilliant 🙂

oh yeah, one for you Micky – I have received an official warning from the neighbours in the new house. They told me that they are very patriotic there, hence all the English flags; they had a street party for the Queen’s birthday and they are all but one Spurs supporters. Feck. At least most of them have dogs, that’s my only chance to blend in

We have a New Post …………………