What constitutes a good supporter?

Morning Gooner’s,

As the title says, what tells us who is a good supporter? Many will say that a supporter who turns up for all of their teams home games is a real supporter, or the away supporter who travels. As the word states he pays for his ticket, whereby he supports. Would you say that that person is a better supporter than perhaps an oversea’s supporter, who can only get to games when and if he visits the country, but he still see’s his or her team on the paid for television.

Many supporters, or should I say fans, cannot afford to go to matches let alone travel huge distances, so how do we tell who is the most loyal of fans? Just recently because of some of our results many supporters are questioning the Owner, Manager, or the players, nothing unusual about that when results are not going our way, But some supporters are saying that they are not getting what they pay for, and they want change in the club.

Whether that change is for new players or a new manager or even to the extreme of a new owner has often baffled me. Just recently I read a supporter say that if we lose to Everton he will sell his Wembley tickets, I like to think that was a light hearted statement but why say it in the first place.

Many season ticket holders are fond of telling us, that they have held their tickets for many years, and in some cases even their Fathers or Grandfathers before them, Now that is what I call following in tradition, but if you are not happy with what you see, then why keep punishing yourself.

A football club boasts about how many supporters they have stretched all over the world, our tours have shown us that they are trying to enter the Asian Market and even the American Market, why do they do that, when they know they cannot get to games, because of sales of shirts and satellite television, computers all helps to boost income.

Looking over some of the blog world, I see a lot of supporters unhappy, many go as far as to write derogatory comments about the owner Manager or the players. Many are demanding change. Many’s the time I have read that supporters will not renew their season tickets, if change does not come about, while others will tell you how much they pay and for how long, as if that is how to judge a supporter in their eyes.

Supporting a football club should come from within, its just a feeling that the club you have supported all your life, runs through your veins, good or bad you just cannot get that out of your system, but if you go and complain every time you go, perhaps you should not go.

I have seen supporters with their black scarves on wielding placards depicting what changes they would like to see, Many will tell you that the owner or Manager doesn’t know what they are doing. Many will say how long they have held tickets for, and how much they are paying, and how they expect so much more.

I would say to some of these supporters, that no matter how many tickets they pay for, or however long they have held them, that those tickets are only rented, they are actually owned by the owner, and that he lets you rent them.

The man they are complaining to, is the man that owns the lot, and if they believe that the amount they pay makes them a better supporter than one that goes occasionally, means very little. It makes you no better or worse than an oversea’s supporter or somebody not allowed to go by finance or illness.

I would urge unhappy supporters to relinquish their rented tickets, pack your black scarves in the drawer, and allow the waiting list supporter to go and support in the right way, after all, ย no one will miss you after a while, and others can support the team, club, Manager, or Owner in peace. At the end of the day if you have a really bad meal in a restaurant, you moan but you don’t go back.

xpectation is very high for an Arsenal supporter, many believe that Arsenal’s Position should be higher than it is, many believe that our empty cabinet should be over flowing, but how many other teams in this league feel the same, look at the scramble for a top 4 places.

Its my belief that 17 years in Champions league, and presently 4th in the league with 6 games to go is no reason for change at Arsenal, but many supporters ideals are very different to mine, what’s yours?

Written by Steve Palmer

148 Responses to What constitutes a good supporter?

1. RC78 says:

A good supporter is one that supports the team in good and bad times and that does not change his allegiances to another team…

A good supporter is also one that fully truts the management and team in place but that also thinks about ways to improve the team and the management in place. A supporter that does not question is not a supporter – just a follower…

2. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    The other nights match against the Hammers, and last nights results must have given you a lift as it did me. Could we climb even higher now the pressure has eased somewhat. I read the other day by one of our bloggers that he or she had a dream about the Arsenal, now if i speak the truth i can’t really remember what the dream was about, But i had one last night and teams were dropping points all round us, and players for us who i hadn’t seen before were knocking goals in and the double happened,I woke up in a sweat, and sadly realised that it was just a dream ……But who knows !!.

3. stevepalmer1 says:

Good answer RC78, No supporter is a Robot, he should question, and this is where i believe, sites like this come into their own. One supporter doesn’t see everything, and its by conversing that we all see the bigger picture. I often think that a supporter who pays for his ticket, has a right to be entertained. Its not cheap for a couple of hours and then the ride home. But i also think that when things are not going well as all clubs have disappointments, that is when support is really needed.

Steve. Interesting post and I subject have spent much wasted time thinking about.

I have come to this conclusion: Just because I have supported the club through thick and thin and been to hundreds of games does not make me any more of a Gooner than the young chap in Sierra Leone who watches the game on tele. Or even those loonies on LG.

We are a family and all families have their weirdo’s. It is just that our family has many millions of members and a corresponding percentage of opinions.

Take LG for example; I have met and supped beers with the owners of LG and can assure you they live Arsenal, they hold their beliefs because they are convinced Mr Wenger and the board are taking the club in the wrong direction. I happen to vehemently disagree.

Then there are people like Sniffer our troll.

He/She/It wants us to lose to prove his point. Is that an Arsenal fan or just a complete from-bottom?

6. RC78 says:

+1 steve

I think our team knows that CL is mandatory and they have a sense or urgency about it…Now that we are back in the lead in the race for 4th, I do hope that we will keep that sense of urgency throughout and not feel like it is a done deal…

As for the title, what a twist with City’s draw yesterday! If Liverpool and Chelsea draw their match and that City wins their game in hand, it will be down to the last game of the season…What an incredible season! It is a shame that we have performed so poorly lately because this season none of the team are actually performing consistantly, except Liverpool and until recently Everton but City, Chelsea, Utd, Tottenham and ourselves had bad patches…

For my part, I would be well happy if Liverpool won the league as it would be nice to see Gerrard lift the trophy and also because it would break down the pattern of Utd, City, Chelsea winning in recent years.

7. arnie says:

Superb stuff, Steve, well done you! ๐Ÿ™‚ is this a maiden post. Then, even more congrats, well played sir!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely reply as well, RC78.

My position is well known to AA regulars. Let us go into that a bit later. For the moment, I want to make a couple of comments about the whingers, the fee-paying unhappy season ticket holders.

One short response to you all: F**k off, you dont matter, go and support Chavs or some other such and free your ticket for another more deserving fan. You think paying money gives you a right to spew bile. You imbecile! It does nought. It gives you the pleasure of watching and enjoying a good game of football, nothing more, nothing less.

Come on, wake up! You are not sacrificing essential things in life to buy a season ticket. You are using it as a status symbol, yes you are not a true supporter, you use the ticket to gain status in society, to show off to other equally imbecile Jones’es in society. Hence you are disappointed that the team is not winning trophies, because somehow the colours that the Chavs ticket holder shows is somehow more glittery. With the same money, you could perhaps buy a different status good. Please do that and leave the true fans alone.

In fact, just the fact that you use your season ticket as a status symbol, and likewise do so many other imbeciles like you, is the main reason why ticket prices are so high that many other true supporters cannot get a shoo in.

YOU DO NOT MATTER, JUST F’ OFF!!!

Rant over.

8. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning BigR, I must admit i did read the link somebody put up last night, which was printed in the paper from LG. Now i am an admirer of Wenger but even so, put down on paper as it was, not many could disagree with some of it.

I have no doubts that the writer believes what he had written, and of course he is entitled to his opinion, what i don’t like is the way people like him go about their business.

I feel that there is what i feel is a witch hunt, and from what i have seen it is relentless. Press media radio spend hours with negative comments, even when we win i feel its backhanded comments. Now i wont be popular with this statement but i feel Liverpool’s rise to the top has been instigated, because of the anniversary of Hillsborough, I have watched most of their games and i have seen decisions given that i felt shouldn’t have. I have always believed the leagues to be fixed. And i don’t believe i have heard a derogatory comment from anybody.

9. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good morning all, well done Steve a good talking point.

What constitutes a good supporter? It all depends from whose perspective you are looking.

From the clubโ€™s point of view. Someone who pays for his season ticket, buys his replica shirt, spends a few quid, or more, at the club catering facility, sits quietly in his seat, never moans, never criticises and meekly accepts whatever b******t the club put out.

From an average fanโ€™s point of view. Someone who is passionate about the club, wants to see his club do well, ie win something, someone who having paid for his season ticket wants value for his money, and feels he has the right to express an opinion.

As someone who has only ever attended one game at The Emirates and hasnโ€™t regularly attended any games since 1974, I suppose Iโ€™m not really a supporter, perhaps only a follower.

10. stevepalmer1 says:

Thank you Arnie, hope i haven’t ruffled your feathers with that last comment, seeing how you look on Liverpool. But that is just my opinion and as far as i know just mine.

11. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning NorfolkG, No mate, you are alot more than just that. You follow with what seems like passion to me, you watch the games you follow the blogg’s in my eyes mate your a proper Gooner.

Thanks Steve, that’s a post that is bound to create a healthy (heated?) debate.

My answer is that supporters come in different shapes and sizes ๐Ÿ˜› We are not clones, each of us demonstrate our relationship with the club in different ways.

So I think if any of us look inside ourselves and know that Arsenal is in our heart – then there’s your answer. The fact that some have undying faith whatever and others may be torn with concerns has nothing to do with our degree of support, and everything to do with the individual’s outlook on life.

As always, it is the extremes that shout the loudest…… Are you a good Arsenal supporter if your allegiance to individuals comes before the greater interests of the club? …. or equally, if you want to see the club fail because you’ve predicted failure? My answer to those two scenarios would be no.

Rasp. Exactly. Well said

14. RC78 says:

+1 Rasp

15. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Rasp, When a supporter criticises the club, Board or Manager or owner, i can understand how some feel. But as you said we are supporters who have followed the club for many years. Yes we are passionate and we all want success, we want to see our club at the top of the tree.

but what we have to appreciate is Arsenal is also a business that really has to make profits or else there is no point.

We have an American Owner who i feel see’s the club as a good investment, apparently he does not follow football so puts people in to run the football side.

Being top 4 has probably been better than he expected and CL qualification has probably pleased him even more. He now has his son on the board and i can only see that as a positive, Hopefully he will get the Arsenal bug and strive to release a few more funds.

We have come through tough times, Wenger has financial restraints, but they are coming off, and funds should start to filter down. I see no reason to change anything at Arsenal, as i feel Wenger has been punching above his weight.

9 years is a long time for supporters who have seen wealthy owners come in around them, and I’m sure they feel that we should have kept up with them.

But i also feel that we are evolving and maybe this season will start our ball rolling Fingers crossed.

What do we make of Cardiff’s legal complaint against Palace?

Hi Steve, I think your comment proves my point. We’re all supporters coming from different angles: here are just a few of the different classifications I could list ……

1. The analyser = stevepalmer
    2. The soothsayer = kelsey
    3. The celebrator = chas & GiE
    4. The worrier = Rasp
    5. The mummy = peaches
    6. The explainer = Redders
    7. The oracle = GN5
    8. The calmer = Raddy
    9. The healer = Rocky
    10. The mad as a hatter = MickyDitIt89

Feel free to add your own categories ๐Ÿ˜†

It’s bollix Raddy – not the story, but the complaint. Every club does its damnedest (maybe with the exception of Arsenal) to get the jump on the opposition by finding out who they will be playing against in advance, its always gone on.

19. RC78 says:

I hope that we finish 4th and win the Cup.

If we do so, I think we will be able to attract some quality players to our squad that will take us to the next level (competitive and deep squad on all fronts).

With a few adjustments, I feel that we will be competing with the rich boys of the EPL and CL. Let us see…

Heard that Reuss is keen to move from Dortmund – he likes Man Utd but I would not mind him joining us ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve

A good post and human beings are all different and if you get 38000 at Highbury or 60000 at The Emirates people react in a different way.

Like Norfolk I have never been to the new stadium but the years I went to Highbury was always an experience I enjoyed regardless if we won or lost and I assure you we went through a terrible time trophy wise but I supported as I do now, always looking forward to the next game..

LG bang on all the time about the price of season tickets but proportionally football and all the other associated costs does make it expensive for many, regardless who you support.

No one is forced to go and of course the corporate section has increased revenue together with TV money,sponsorship etc, all that didn’t exist when I was younger.

The trouble is that football first and foremost is now a business and many supporters don’t really understand how even signing a player these days is a rather complex problem, especially with dreaded agents

Arsenal on the whole run the club the correct way though I am sure many of us question the chairman downwards but that is the blog world of today.

We didn’t have social media in those days so any acne spotted school kid can act the big man hidden behind the keyboard and spout garbage.

I find Twitter and Facebook in the wrong hands can be quite dangerous and a false opinion stated as fact can turn a snowball into an avalanche as people generally can be very gullable.

Certain publications on Newsnow distaught the truth purely for hits and in some cases revenue,and they call themselves supporters.

It’s an immotive subject but once a gunner always a Gunner,no matter what., .

Supporters:

– admirer, booster, protagonist, champion, friend
    – advocate, advocator, exponent, proponent
    – assistant, helper
    – believer, truster
    – backer, angel
    – benefactor, helper
    – cheerleader –
    – endorser, indorser, ratifier, subscriber
    – enthusiast, partizan
    – loyalist, stalwart
    – pillar of strength
    – sponsor, patron
    – toaster, wassailer –
    – tower of strength
    – verifier, voucher
    – well-wisher, sympathiser

Critics:

Anything other than the above.

22. stevepalmer1 says:

Nice one Rasp, Wenger would probably not give a damm. He still see’s it as we have our team you have yours. he doesn’t seem to plan his tactics to foil another team, he seems to think they have to change theirs.

Maybe i feel that he is a bit naive at times but over a season top 4 seems to equate to him not being far off.

Some other Managers who do do tactics would probably feel that an insight into another teams line up would be beneficial, i share that idea but not to the degree of buying info

I like that Post, Steve. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some time ago I wrote one wondering what was the definition of a football supporter, although a fan in any sport would probably meet the same requirements.

As I recall, the answers seemed to be equally divided into what was not acceptable behaviour as to what was.

Some of the responses bordered on the philosophical and some the pragmatic and others on symptoms that other fans would recognise and accept as to making someone a fan.

Taking the symptoms outlined below, which all true fans would recognise or have experienced, as an example, have you ‘done it’?

Has supporting the team ever turned you into a superstitious wreck?
    That is to say, do you wear your favourite jockey shorts, unwashed since the last win, to bring the team luck, or go unshaven in the preceding week or have a lucky pee on your mates shoes in the loo, when he is not looking?

Or have you, in polite company, ever behaved strangely in front of your girl friend’s parents, or the boss’s wife, when watching a game on TV, or in a restaurant as you try to find the progress of a game, or to learn the result on your smart phone, or by fruitlessly asking the fey non-English speaking waiter by the use of sign language, and then by suppressing a loud, frustrated groan which made a disturbingly flatulent sound, or maybe stifled a foul oath or perhaps pretended to cough using the table cloth to hide an explosive giant cheer, and all of them depending on whether the team are losing or winning? Or most tellingly have you performed all of them if a losing score has been overturned and victory achieved?

Have you ever destroyed your vocal chords screaming your undying love or support while at a game or while watching on TV.

Have you ever, while at a football ground, become engaged in a hugging, mauling, homo-erotic frenzy with a complete stranger when dancing around in a paroxysm of savage ecstasy when the team scores or has won a tense game?

Have you ever, at least once, totally lost control resulting in profuse swearing, or acts of illogical violence against inanimate objects, in front of children or otherwise inappropriate relatives or people in front of whom you would otherwise maintain an aura of sanity and complete decorum.

Have you ever, at work, or a special anniversary party, or church service, erupted in such an uncontrolled, cathartic and undignified act of joyful madness, that the displacement of your limbs, and body through the dimensions of space and time become so distorted that, when control is eventually regained, you have either suffered a catastrophic memory loss or can not account for the current obscene positioning of your body in general or your limbs in particular?

Well then, let me say Steve, that anyone who recognises or has experienced the foregoing is a member of the Gooner community and henceforth will be known as —- A TRUE FAN —- ๐Ÿ˜€

Would Cardiff be complaining if they were top of the league?

RA – The Explainer ๐Ÿ˜†

kelsey “The trouble is that football first and foremost is now a business”.

Ney,nay and thrice ney.

It is first and foremost a sport. The best sport in the world.

Do any of us support a “business”?

I know what you mean and the business aspect of Arsenal enhances the aspects of support e.g have we got enough money to by X, what would be the ramifications of 5th place etc etc

RA. Haha. I am a Gooner ๐Ÿ˜€

28. stevepalmer1 says:

Now that was post in itself. Anybody can acclaim of doing one if not all of those things, and as you say that shows how passionate a supporter you are. I once was at the game and had to pee, drinking half the pub before hand had rendered me incapable of concentrating, and i had to relieve my self, I almost ran to the loo and where i was rushing and wanted to get back i hadn’t realised that the spray had covered the whole front of my Jeans, i was wringing, but i still raced back and i’m certain nobody even saw me.

Well at least you knew what I meant,Raddy ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder what Kroenke’s long term plan is, because to me he sees being the majority shareholder as a business first and foremost as would anyone in his position and leaves the football side to those he employs,but nevertheless supporters ultimately want some sort of successs = trophies.
    I am not sure if he really can get into the mind of a a lifelong Arsenal supporter.

That will teach you not to go into the ladies,Steve.

31. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon Kelsey, Would the FA cup not be a success, Kroenke must see success as trophies and surely he would encourage success. Top 4 would again be success.

I wonder at times just what some Arsenal supporters see as a successful club. As a state of the art stadium successive seasons playing against the very best in Europe, and a few cup finals is not to be sniffed at.

Supporters in other clubs realise just how fortunate Arsenal supporters are. Many i’m sure would swap places with us in a heartbeat.

Oh I forgot a last category….

The arsehole (troll) – thanks for reminding me topdog

That was some goal by Monkeyboy last night.

Spurs finished 5th with him, spent โ‚ฌ100m on new players to replace the ape and will finish 7th

Which goes to show that just because one spends โ‚ฌ30m on a player it doesn’t automatically mean they will improve your squad. Spurs wasted almost โ‚ฌ60m on Lamela and Sldildo!

An essential part of being a fan of Arsenal laughing at Spurs ๐Ÿ˜€

34. arnie says:

Fantastic discussion. Soaking it all in. Two points about my rant earlier. First, the rant was directed at bile-spewing whingers, not at fans who engage in constructive criticism. Criticism is one of the ways to improve, and such constructive discussion is good by my books.

Second, thanks Steve, and no ruffled feathers. Your opinions are well thought out and considered. Personally I find them most valuable.

Finally, I protest at being left out. First, I was not offered a role in Kelsey’s new team management sheet. And now, Rasp, you do not classify me into any categiory. I vehemently protest, and demand a classification! ๐Ÿ˜›

35. arnie says:

Redders: great stuff. That’s quite a check list. I qualify as a FAN. hoorah!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp and GN5: ๐Ÿ™‚

36. topdog says:

Introduction: I am the resident troll on this site. I always give myself away by writing utter nonsense. Here is an example of the sort of stupid things I come up with …….

People also brand Wenger a genius. Truth is, the bloke is an idiot! Why would a genius make the same old simple and many mistakes eh? Bunch of Wenger (magic) ass-hats. And does a so-called โ€œgeniusโ€ go a total of Decade without winning a trophy. And does a genius who has had such wonderful, world-class players at their disposal, have such a shit general record in Europe and never won a CL and back-2-back league titles?!
    Bloke wants to admit defeat, gain respect by clearing off to Japan or France and take the board of directors with him. Prove how โ€œgoodโ€ he is by building a young/youth team with a small club over there for peanuts. Then if he makes them world-class, THEN we can say he is a genius. What a prick. Fucked Arsenal just like he did with Monaco.
    In fact, even worse. At least they had the balls to drop kick him into touch where they replaced him with Tigana. Who went that extra step and signed the right players in order to achieve success.

11. The extrapolator = arnie

38. arnie says:

Aha, Rasp, that makes me happy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Now, may I suggest that even “The arsehole” is perhaps too kind a classification for the troll! ๐Ÿ˜›

39. Norfolk Gooner says:

Raddy, yay, yay and seven times thrice yay.

There can be no doubt that โ€œFootballโ€ is a business. A world wide, money soaked greedy Goliath reaching into the pockets of itโ€™s fans/supporters, call them what you will.

A middle-eastern airline pays a fortune for the naming rights to a stadium, sponsors a football club to the tune of tens of million of pounds a year, in fact it sponsors several teams in different countries, check out the sponsorโ€™s name on the teams playing in the pre-season Emirates Cup. That airline isnโ€™t doing it out of a love of dear old footy, no it does it for the kudos of being associated with a successful brand, it does it because it puts the airlineโ€™s name in front of the millions of people around the world tuning their tellies into the games. It does it to put bums on seats in itโ€™s airliners. It does it because itโ€™s good business.

Television companies fall over themselves to shovel vast sums into football for the right to expose the football fans, watching around the globe, to adverts for bookmakers, cars and all sorts of products and businesses. They do it because adverts sell products. Good business.

Players at all levels โ€œloveโ€ football, they โ€œloveโ€ their club, they โ€œloveโ€ the fans. They donโ€™t half โ€œloveโ€ the money though. Top players on a five years contract at ยฃ250,000 a week will earn, in wages alone, ยฃ65 million. Add in image rights, bonuses, etc. and you have an income bigger than that of some cities. The player has agents, financial advisors, public relations gurus and other assorted hangers on, theyโ€™re all in the business together.

Newspapers “love” football, compare the coverage given to the ferry disaster in South Korea to that of a couple of football matches played last night. It’s football that sells the paper, it’s the advertising that pays for the paper. It’s business.

40. Norfolk Gooner says:

Arnie I agree, Rasp kick the arsehole in to touch.

Hi NG, I’ve written an introduction for the troll so as not to confuse new readers ๐Ÿ˜›

42. stevepalmer1 says:

Apologies to Kelsey for your 11.42, i missed it, bloody good comment, I used to go to High bury and i felt that there was a feeling of more togetherness than i feel at the Ems, Having said that Highbury held fond memories for many. Changing Stadiums just a short distance seemed to expand supporters but also seemed to thin them out as well. My close friend had his own brick in the wall and he said that he felt at home with clock end and the north bank he knew exactly where he was, he said leaving Highbury he thought was a nightmare and he would have been happy to had stayed there.

After the move and a few games he said that the library was big and didn’t feel right, he hated the fact that the clock wasn’t there and he had to pay for his name to be on the seat, where he felt they should have done that.

Now he thinks it the greatest stadium. the fans have started singing and the clocks in place, he never misses a game and he has changed seats a few times too. He has a little moan but he just loves being there, when i go with him he says very little when the game is being played but on the way home we discuss everything. He seems as happy as me with how things are, sure a few more players here and there but on the whole he is quite happy.

He had an Arsenal bond a brick in the wall name on the seat but all he ever wanted was to watch the Arsenal he is a Gooner through and through and he supports like i do, and he is right behind all that is The Arsenal

43. Vinay says:

I cannot judge on what constitutes a great supporter but primary must be you must never question the decision to support.

For me supporting The Arsenal is the best thing that happened to me in this world, it has only enhanced as the years have gone by and its a never ending feeling, i am certain.

The biggest hatred i have is for hypocrites, who change colours worse than a chameleon. I mean win all is well, lose or even draw, it is apocalypse.

Criticizing what is not right is a part of being a supporter, the same way praising what is going well as well.
    emotions plays its part in all our reactions and hence sometimes it will be over the top.

I am so far away from Arsenal but then i feel i am with them everytime. I do not say it sound nice but yes i am so proud of being a gooner.

44. Norfolk Gooner says:

OK Rasp, I’ve read the troll warning, let’s hope that having spilled his bile he”ll now pick up the toys he threw out of his pram, stick his dummy back in and concentrate on filling his nappy rather than taking a dump on here. ๐Ÿ˜€

45. stevepalmer1 says:

Well said Vinay, We all support in our own way, but the best way is remember not to spoil the occasion for those around you. Have a moan by all accounts but at the end of the day if you put yourself out to watch, you must care, but 20 teams in a league is a tall order to win something every year, no matter how much you spend,

NG. Does the business get you frustrated, excited, give you nervous expectation, depress you, make you unreasonably happy?

Is the business which makes you hide behind the sofa?

Of course not, it is the sport. It is the players playing the sport. The business just creates the forum to display their skills – it has always been so.

Rasp. Can this be the one and only time we allow the troll to soil the site with it’s bile?

The mere fact that it has to hide behind false IP’s and email addresses tells all about this saddo.

There are very few people in the world to whom I wish ill, the troll is one of them.

Interesting post, Steve.
    As you say, it’s really difficult to define what makes a good supporter.

I’d say that for supporters attending live games a good supporter has to support the team throughout even if he/she feels the need to slag them off afterwards. Everything should be done to encourage the team to win or at least stay silent if all that would come out is criticism.

I’ve seen discussions on blogs and twitter where it’s been suggested that, if you really believe that Wenger and the current ownership are bad for the club, then it’s your duty as a real Arsenal supporter to protest and protest again until some change occurs. Otherwise you are not acting in the best interests of the club you love.

Personally, I think fan groups should campaign to keep ticket price rises as low as is possible, perhaps try to get the club to adopt some safe standing sections and more singing sections, suggest improvements for the matchday atmosphere or anything else which might either help the team or make attending live football more affordable.

I’m really not sure about campaigns to get the manager changed or those trying to dictate how the club spends its money. I don’t feel that Arsenal’s money in the bank is ‘our money’. I choose to pay for a season ticket or buy official merchandise. Why should that give me the right to say who should be bought and for how much?

There’s a current ‘campaign’ called something like ‘if you don’t spend we won’t spend’ which some are trying to get off the ground. It talks about fans not buying the new Puma shirts until the club spends some of its cash reserves.
    The chap on the following video would be regarded by some as a loyal and knowledgeable supporter, by others as the opposite who seeks to undermine. (not surprisingly, I can’t stand him myself)
    If some fans want to boycott Puma shirts, then let them, but please don’t ridicule me if I want to buy one and think your campaign isn’t a good idea.

This is also excellent

50. White Bear says:

Ha! No wonder I couldn’t recognise the author and had to scroll down to see the signature. Steve Palmer – is it your maiden post on AA? It is a very good one! Possibly too diplomatic for my liking (ie I would blantly tell some that they are not supporters, they are glory hunters and should go somewhere else), but you seem to to be a nice level-headed chap, who is prepared to make allowances for some front bottoms.

I tell you who is a true supporter – the guy who thought those kids in Uganda all the Arsenal chants. Chas – be a darling a reproduce, they were fab!

I had it written in my psychiatric assessment – Ms K partakes in some strange hobbies, is an obssesive Arsenal fan and spends several hours a day commenting on Arsenal sites. There, I am a true supporter ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the great post

51. stevepalmer1 says:

Good comment Chas, I have never liked somebody who says this is not a protest but if you wont spend we wont. Maybe not a protest just a threat, and i’m with you i don’t need anybody trying to make me feel bad about buying an Arsenal shirt, But i may just send a letter to puma asking for reduced prices ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Raddy, no problem , just delete the comment

53. arnie says:

fantastic, Chas, yesterday and today. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thats a big smile on my (glum) face. ๐Ÿ™‚

54. stevepalmer1 says:

Thanks White Bear Disn’t want the natives to get Ugly ๐Ÿ™‚

55. White Bear says:

thanks Gorgeous! big smile on my glum face too ๐Ÿ™‚

Polar Bear,

I know Steve from other sites he and I have frequented, and believe me he pulls no punches when he finds something objectionable.

He is nice, and he is a real supporter but silly buggers should watch out! ๐Ÿ™‚

57. White Bear says:

If I may, I propose to nominate the best Arsenal supporter known to you.
    My nomination goes to Gorgeous – he shlepps to every home and most away games from the other side of the country, never complains about ticket prices, always optimistic thinking we will win the next game, even has an Arsenal tattoo on his backside. A true Gunner if I have ever known one.

Chas,

Your vids are always so enlightening or funny or informative — you must go to a lot of bother to bring them to us. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

59. White Bear says:

RA – is he really? Good man, a bit like me then ๐Ÿ™‚ I may punch you in the face, but would never stab you in the back. What you see is what you get ! Who is your bestest supporter? I know you are going to say Rocky

I could not disagree with Chas as the Champion Supporter, White Bear, although how you know about his bum tattoo is an interesting tidbit — but before you confirm your award, I think you would have to see all the bums first before declaring an outright winner. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rumours are that Rasper has Big Sam’s face tattooed on his ass, and that’s worth points; Terry has OXO written on his, and Norfolk has a Bulls Eye to sit on – so Rocky told me. ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually have a ‘W’ tattooed on each buttock, not for Wolverhampton Wanderers but so that when I bend over it spells ‘WOW’.

I’m an average supporter at best and just shlepp along with my bro.

RA
    Ta.
    I realise you may have to sift through some dross to find a good one but one always turns up in the end.
    Bit like Arsenal performances really.

62. RC78 says:

GiE – replying about DM question now…

– In the EPL, many teams play with a “classic DM”, including Chelsea, Man City and Utd among others

– In Europe, Barcelona, Real and Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Roma, Napoli, PSG, Lille, Marseille, Monaco and Dortmund also play classic DM…among others.

In our most successful years, we always had a “really good classic DM” and the recent CL and EPL champions also did. The only thing that has changed is that the DMs also have to be good with their first pass, they have to have this ability to find a good pass, which was not the case before. Before, all they had to do, was to break play and then play a very safe pass. The role of the classic DMs has just become multi-dimensional but it is still truly there and you see a lot of players that have excellent vision and passing skills that have now developed into decent DMs like Pirlo, Xabi Alonso and now Gerrard is doing the same. These guys do not tackle like crazy but their defensive positioning helps them break play and their passing skills allow them to make things tick right away. We need a player like that as well. It was supposed to be Arteta but he has not really performed well defensively and Flamini is good defensively but his vision and passing skills are a bit limited. That is why a player like Lars Bender would really fit our bill, for example.

63. arnie says:

IMO, every regular on AA is the bestest supporter. And by implication that makes me second best. Second only to the bestest. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜›

64. arnie says:

personally, I am quite outraged by LG’s fecking Pete writing that stuff on Daily Mail. Ignoring for a minute the crap that he decided to write, the bigger question for me is what were the incentives to do so? Accepting money and tangible/intangible benefits to spread bile about Arsenal is not only immoral, but sheer outrageous. A pox to him, his house and all his bloody clan! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

65. stevepalmer1 says:

About DMs we do have good passer’s in the team but i feel that positioning is where we let ourselves down. Having Runners who look for space always can make a pass super, but if guys are covered and a good pass finds him it normally comes back twice as fast. When Ozil and Walcott do eventually get fit and play together may show us how well our passing could be.

66. White Bear says:

gorgeous – shows the tattoo again, it’s a nice one

Evonne,

I think there should be a special supporters category for our very own Hairy Fellow, aka Kelsey.

Anyone who can volunteer to write a match report for a game he hasn’t watched and produces one that fooled so many bloggers is deserving of something. ๐Ÿ™‚

And no — I would not vote for Rocky — he has deserted us in his quest to be a media mogul by Xmas! ๐Ÿ™‚

Umm, Chas, is the Big White Bear talking about you showing your nice WOW tattoo?

If so can you give the rest of us a warning so we can all hide while you show it? ๐Ÿ™‚

69. arnie says:

COYG!!!!

70. Shubham says:

It has been a good few days for Arsenal. Hope we can maintain this upswing for the remainder of the season. Now, friends, please update the tables.

Steve, four years back I was introduced to AA by Kelsey and I chose to both make comments and write articles here as I felt it was one of the few blogs that made valiant attempts to maintain a healthy atmosphere.

Many of the commentators are incredible supporters and their enthusiasm is contagious. In many instances I’m very envious of them being able to attend both home and away games, those days are in the distant past for some of us, so I thank them for sharing their game day experiences with us.

However in spite of the valiant attempts to keep AA away from the sort of bile that is a daily occurrence on LG negativity still exists, even on AA. My viewpoint is that well worded criticism is just the same as foul worded criticism and I feel both types equal idle criticism. This type of idle criticism creeps in after every negative
    result – it drives me crazy and sends me underground because I’ve heard it all before simply with different wording.

You see I am an expert supporter and I do not have the either the money, training experience or knowledge to be an Owner, Manager, Coach, Trainer, Company Director, Team Doctor, Scout or even a Critic – so I stick to my knitting and give my all to supporting Arsenal.

72. ArseneAround? says:

They’re still going on about the ‘Matt Jarvis’ saga on talksh!t! How long will they stretch THIS Arsenal baiting witch hunt? Will it trump the “Eduardo V Celtic”?(six weeks I made that one) should I report ‘the pedoborough ginger pubes’ to the press council?

AA. We have said this many times before. Stop listening.

Arse v chavs in Youth Semi reminder.
    ITV4 7.30 for 7.45 kick off
    or Wizi

75. Reminder !.

ITV4 @ 7:30pm, live from The Emirates, FA Youth Cup semi-final 2nd leg .

A long while ago……..

Bugger, Crowley on the bench.

chas. 6.49 Why are you wearing a dress?

79. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening GunnerN5..
    Most supporters are just like you and i, no football managment experience no coaching and no financial idea as well. But one thing we all know is what constitutes a good game.

Now we know we could have some better players and we know that some players could work harder, Many of us have had to earn a living and not many of us have had the chance to earn the vast amounts that top clubs pay their players.

Now we know who is doing the business on the field and who isn’t but if you see a player chasing all over the pitch, sometimes for a lost cause, it does warm that player to the heart. I like to see a trier and a grafter, and i get annoyed when i see a player not grafting, for fortunes a week.

I played local football for many years and never had the talent these lads have, but i gave everything in every game, and we paid to play. We may not be the best team out there but we do expect them to try.

I’m charlene on the weekend.

Which position would you choose? Men only.

What’s the point of making touting illegal?

83. stevepalmer1 says:

Gunner, i went off the subject, Yes i can understand why you came on this site. I too have noticed in the short time i have logged in, that the supporters here are tuned into my way of thinking, i have to say that i have found that very refreshing. Supporters support and that i find is the way to support.

84. Shard says:

Let me preface my comment by saying that I have just come back from the bachelor’s party of one of my best friends and so I am not responsible for any offensive or illogical thing I say,..

So what makes a true supporter? I have no idea. But I know that I am an Arsenal supporter and I have never ever felt the need to justify it to anyone, a season ticket holder or otherwise. I have had the opportunity to experience (to some extent) the stadium going experience and I love it, even if I am completely unabashed about watching on tv.

I heard the name ‘Arsenal’ in a video game in 97. Decided this was my club. Had some wonderful memories, especially the ‘would you believe it’ moment by Tony Adams, and have been an Arsenal fan since.

I have occasionally felt envy for ManU winning more trophies, but still I would not have it another way. I live in India and have only seen 5 matches at the Ems (none at Highbury though I did the tour) and I have only seen my team win. I am disappointed when we lose, I am delighted when we win, and I am happy with the direction my club has been heading in.

Trophies or no trophies, I am an Arsenal fan. It is my club. I am superstitious in the extreme. I believe I make them win, or it is my fault that they lose.In the words of Arshavin.. I am Gooner..

I am an atypical, non traditional, fan, but try telling me I’m not a ‘real fan’ and I’ll tear your head off..

P.S. Thank you for the article steve.. And I completely agree with your comment at 10.38am.

85. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening Shard, thank you for your comment, Your a Gooner all right ๐Ÿ™‚

86. arnie says:

Shard: “Iโ€™ll tear your head off”? ha ha ha. Gooner all right. ๐Ÿ™‚

BTW, the junior defence does not look great. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ COYG. ๐Ÿ™‚

87. stevepalmer1 says:

Just watched the first half, and were just on an afternoon stroll, Players losing the bakll and can’t be arsed with racing back just a gentle jog.
    Now i know these players are only young but are they just playing for a wage or do they just not care.

I just hope Wenger goes in the dressing room and tells them how pathetic they are looking on the television.

88. arnie says:

work in progress. very interested to see what Jonker brings to the table.

89. arnie says:

Vickers is good. ๐Ÿ™‚

90. stevepalmer1 says:

Out sized out fought and outplayed. Chelsea dominated and Arsenal never had a shot. Pretty bad watching, and not a lot of positives i am afraid. Akpom showed a couple of touches but never kept it long enough to make a difference shining light was our right back don’t know his name, but had the rest had his fighting spirit we may of had a ray of sunlight, Our keeper kept the score respectable. Everybody else was lethargic and disinterested

91. stevepalmer1 says:

Arnie, you have a heart man. ๐Ÿ™‚

92. arnie says:

Steve: ๐Ÿ™‚

93. stevepalmer1 says:

Thats my lot, thank you to all that commented made my day very special, have a good night ๐Ÿ™‚

94. arnie says:

well done, Steve, look forward to many more such days. ๐Ÿ™‚

95. arnie says:

Gabriel Garcia Marquez is dead. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

96. arnie says:

Micky: Tough times. I am getting some sleep all right, but you are busy as well, our times on AA are completely orthogonal. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Plan to be back to the motning banter soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

97. Ariel says:

a good supporter is someone who follows the team with passion, no matter what comes out of his mouth, the wenger outs, the wenger ins, they are all passionate about the club and happen to have different perspectives on how to improve it, the Arsenal fans are divided, but we all share the same feeling, so we should respect one another, not matter how crazy it might seem.

98. @Swales1968 says:

I’m a season ticket holder and has been on and off (more on than off) since about 1982, does that make me more of a good supporter than somebody who wakes up at silly o’clock in Australia to watch a game?
    No, not anymore before the rise of social media, blogging, 24hr sports news and live games being beamed all around the world I would of said yes but, football support has changed over the years. So going to actual games now does not make you a better supporter, just because your family life and financial situation allows you to go to away games that doesn’t make you a better supporter either.
    Being a good supporter is just that somebody, male, female, young or old who supports their club through thick and thin. Yes they can moan on forums, blogs, on social networks etc but when those eleven men in red & white ( or whatever away kit is being worn) step onto the pitch they are 100% behind the players. A good supporter has every right to moan about their club but I think a good supporter will also defend his club to those who wish to put them down. When rival fans criticise, when the likes of Neil Ashton from the mail or Adrian Durham from talksport issue thier biased claptrap day after day a good supporter will defend his club to the hilt against them.
    If a supporter thinks that winning a trophy is the be all and end all of following thier club then to me that is not being a supporter, supporting a football club is about more than trophies. You have to take the lows of following your club to really appreciate the highs and if following your club is all about winning trophies why do fans follow Barnet up & down the country every week?
    If I could I would go to every home and away game but I can’t but I think that doesn’t make me less of a supporter than those that do. If I moved to Australia would that make me less of a supporter than my brother in England, not anymore.
    My issue in today’s game is the divide that some wish to create within the support. Are you a WOB or an AKB? Which supporters group do you belong to are you a BSM or an AST? Which blog do you read? It seems to be all diversive, I am neither a WOB or an AKB and I belive that the majority of supporters fall into that position but a very loud minority think we should do. I do not belong to any supporters group again like the majority but, again a loud minority think we should and loudly criticise if you don’t. In general I think the board are doing a good job at Arsenal but again a loud minority will criticise me for having that view (and they have done). Please stop trying to put us into groups it does nothing to help the support of the club and in the end will just divide the support more and a divided support is not good for anybody especially the players on the pitch.

Steve,

What a very thought provoking post, thank you, and sorry I wasn’t around yesterday to contribute.

This is a subject very close to my heart, and one to which I have given a great deal of thought.

In very short, football mirrors society, and sadly, there are elements of our society that are very broken. Norfolk mentioned not going much since ’74, and there are a few on here who have been going or supporting our beloved Arsenal for a very long time.

I have often heard how there have always been “boo boys”. Well, as someone who went to Highbury in 1974 and the The Emirates in 2014, I’d say it is very, very different.

The level of venom that some believe they have a right to spew in the direction of other human beings is disgusting. Some used the word “respect” yesterday, and I believe this is the key word.

Another word I have used on here before is “addiction”, and like many, I am addicted. I think Arsenal at some point of every day, and that will never stop, however as someone who is intolerant in the extreme, I find these broken elements ruin my match day experience.

Where it not for wanting to meet chums, as I do with AA’ers before the game, and some other older mates after the game, I wouldn’t go near the place. Would it be different if I still lived in London and the personal sacrifice were not a nine hour round trip? I don’t know.

Very depressing.

100. White Bear says:

‘one to which I have given a great deal of thought’ – how long? 5mins?

101. White Bear says:

Didit – don’t worry about your addiction. I said yesterday that my shrink thought my love for Arsenal so ‘strange’ that she thought it necessary to include it in my psychiatric assessment ๐Ÿ™‚ Some people just don’t fooking understand

Evonne

Ahhh, the “shrink”.

So, she detects the hint of a passion and bingo, a syndrome, and kerching goes the till ๐Ÿ™‚

As to the “5 mins” comment. How long do you think it should take me to work it out? ๐Ÿ™‚

104. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all.
    Nice one Swales1968,
    Don’t know if your comment was aimed at supporters or if you felt that i was judging

I have a similar view to you as it happens, but what i don’t like is the constant moaning about the club i support. I can take as much as non supporters like to throw, but when its from your own support i feel that that is damaging.

Arsenal supporters should have their individual views, I wouldn’t have it any other way, but i don’t like the thought of backstabbing in the guise of supporters.

Talkshite run a radio show aimed at getting under your skin, Without the supporter they are just a voice that would go unheard, and sometimes supporters like you and i get sucked in, and that is when they have a program.

My view is let the players, Manager, and owners, do their jobs, as we are not Judge Jury and executioner. Supporters support they do not own or run the club.

I feel that sites like ours, must be monitored by the Arsenal, As any business wants to see how their business can be better, but at the end of the day they own, they run, and we support. ..

105. White Bear says:

10 max ๐Ÿ™‚

I woke up this morning i thought it was the Hull game day and my heart sunk. It is going to be an extremely hard fixture

106. White Bear says:

this is strange:
    ‘Cardiff’s 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club have said in a five-page letter seen by the BBC’. Apparently Pubis had read some Cardiff team doc before the game.

10 mins

Well, I’m clearly 5 mins cleverer than what you is ๐Ÿ™‚

108. stevepalmer1 says:

Thank you Micky, That is a supporter talking hats off to you mate.:)

Top Gog, i don’t know if your a supporter or a shit stirrer, and i wouldn’t want to judge you, but when a club are up there with the leaders you pick up any small offerings when you can, tthe others do that with us. But you have to be up there to benefit and we as you know are always fairly close.

You may see that as failure and thats your right. but deep down you know better.

109. White Bear says:

Steve !!!!!!!!! we forgot to tell you that topdog is a front bottom, and the front bottom is an ephenism for a baned word relating to female genitalia. Do not respond under any circumstances.

110. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Morning all, what a great days comments, and what a great post Steve well done.

So here’s my view:

AD on TAlkShite Drivel Time Show: arsenal are under performing again, Arsene Wenger is rubbish, you are all mugs for paying the ST price.

Bad Supporter : Great show Adrian, yet again you’re spot on.

Good Supporter : you absolute mug, how dare you say so much crap about our club, ticket prices is the laziest journalism ever. Do a poll of “only ST holders” and ask them how many think the price is ridiculous, then ask every Arsenal fan whether paying ยฃ25 to watch Arsenal Swansea is better than ยฃ20 to stand on the terrace and watch Peterborough vs whoever.

Basically a good supporter defends his club against outsiders who only want to bring us down.

The problem for me is that the media have managed to convince many Arsenal supporters that they have some truth ball and therefore our own supporters are taking on board the same stuff and trying to breakdown from within.

On a slightly related matter who wants to discuss Podolski’s celebrations against West Ham, slightly understated, why? I think that he thinks the booing at Wembley when he was taken off were aimed at him not at Wenger. And that’s why Good Supporters never boo, it’s indiscriminate a player doesn’t know whether you’re booing him the management or the board.

And regarding the media script for Arsenal, had interesting chat with Exile Seniors who went to West Ham game and then watched the game on record the day after. My Dad said in ground he never felt the game was out of control and that even at 1-0 down it was one of those freaks and we’d get it back, and then we did. He was surprised when watching on TV that the commentary team were painting it as some awful performance and that they thought there would be half time booing if Pod hadn’t equalised, he said it didn’t feel like that where he was sitting. I did tell him that he’d be surprised what the fans in ground are capable of.

I felt very similar at Wembley last week, we didn’t deserve to be a goal down, we had been in control of the match, no one focussed on the foul on Monreal that led to Wigans penalty, because that’s not in the script for Arsenal.

Steve

Here’s some irony. I recently ran in to a very old chum. Born in Fulham, and raised in a passionate Chelsea supporting family.

Had a season ticket from around late ’70’s I guess. Gave it up two seasons after the money and trophies arrived. Couldn’t stand the new breed.

Now just watches on TV, and occasionally goes to Fulham or Brentford.

112. White Bear says:

wow DidIt, that’s a terrific story, what a guy. Buy him a beer from the Bear when you see him next

Bloody hell, nothing depressing about the weather.

Looking like tents could be loaded along with surfboards this afternoon, and that means the perfect weekend.

ps Have checked ko times, and will be in front of a screen at 14:05 Sunday. This is where Sunday ko’s really work well for us lazy armchairers ๐Ÿ™‚

114. stevepalmer1 says:

Micky, your positive comments and your obvious love for Arsenal enriches us all, even some on the edge ๐Ÿ™‚

115. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Heard an interesting viewpoint from a Times columnist on The Game podcast.

Arsene was asked about his 1000 games etc.

He said something like 1st era good, 2nd era tough where we had to achieve above what our spending should rightfully expect, and now we enter the 3rd era where we should have the ability to compete again financially and on the pitch.

Now this came around discussions whether Arsene was staying or not, and they felt that the comment above was an indication of his position, basically he would only stay if he was given assurances about the funds he would be allowed to spend. If true that would back up what many of us felt about his hands being tied for a few years now.

Also the discussion turned to other jobs, these were the clubs mentioned, PSG, Barca, France to start with. And these are journalists who are not EPLcentric and know there are clubs and football people around Europe who would love to employ him.

116. stevepalmer1 says:

Thenk you Exile, read a lot of your stuff, keep it up mate.

Some fine comments yesterday.

Swales and Rasp both encapsulated what support means to me.

What it is not, is the Spurs “fans” who threw coins at Theo when he was carried off, though those meatheads probably think (if they are capable) that they are real supporters

118. stevepalmer1 says:

Thanks for putting me in the picture White Bear, As i said about Talkshite there’s always a mug that gets suckered and today its me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Steve,

Can’t remember how long you’ve been around this site, but obviously noticed your great comments.

I mentioned my nine hour round trip to get pissed off at The Ems, well, this season I’ve found a new “way”.

Two day trips to CL away games (which I haven’t done since Paris final). New City to explore, refreshing mini break, and no bile or venom whatsoever from the travelling fans.

Less games for me, and better quality experience from now on.

Didit. I am up for an Autumn tour

121. stevepalmer1 says:

Good on ya Micky, you enjoy mate. Been on long enough to see that we have some great supporters. I like that ๐Ÿ™‚

Brilliant Raddy.

Our trip to Dortmund was a really refreshing eye opening experience for me, and I enjoyed every moment.

Agree totally that we have great supporters, and I don’t mean to sound too down. I know I am very sensitive and intolerant, so I have to cut my cloth accordingly. It’s the way I am, and I have to live with me ๐Ÿ™‚

124. stevepalmer1 says:

Micky ๐Ÿ™‚

interesting zico

so usmanov would make arsene spend more and kick him out eh?

I say “interesting” because I’m always prepared to bow to someone’s superior knowledge. my problem with your comment is this. a mate of mine has been to a few games with usmanov and chatted sport with him around his house and so on, and he did not come away with the same opinion as you.

126. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Zico,
    What makes you think that Usmanov wants to run our club, what makes you think he wants to spend his billions on new players and new manager’s.

Do you know this with first hand Knowledge, Does he want overall control. The reason i ask this question is that Usmanov has shitloads more than Kroenke and i feel that if he wants complete control all he has to do, is offer Kroenke an offer that he cannot refuse.

If that were to happen he could then spend his money hand over fist and sit in on every game, and sit where ever he wants.

I feel that Usmanov in your eyes must be a long time Arsenal supporte,r and will do anything to make Arsenal the best of the bunch..

I will wait for that offer to materialise, and when it does hold on for all i’m worth.

Zico is the troll. He stated that should Usamov come to power he would sack Mr Wenger.

At least it is something worth thinking about. Probably a first for the troll

Raddy

I have a sneaky feeling our troll knows more than he’s letting on to. Heaving with valuable inside information.

Well, it’s possible. Or not ๐Ÿ™‚

129. stevepalmer1 says:

Top Dog, find a deep pit and bury yourself son. You can come back when the cup is in the cabinet.

oh get a life steve.
    one poxy trophy in eight bloody years. against hull. and don’t give me all that beating spurs and Liverpool on the way nonsense ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve. Topdog/zico +++ = troll.

He keeps changing his name but not his message.

haa
    this is where we’re off to this afternoon. campsite right on the beach. great surf bar, skysports footy on tv, table football.

me, son, daughter, mate and his daughter.

tide on way out now, bigger on pushing tide after 4pm. not massive, but still fun.

133. stevepalmer1 says:

Definition of a Troll.

Someone that can find fault with a new born Baby but can’t father one.

Someone, that lives in a shit hole and will only be happy if you live in one

Someone who cannot support himself let alone a club.

Someone that has no happiness in his life and resents everybody else.

Somebody who shits himself and has no friends.

And somebody who has no future. Now that’s sad.

Steve ๐Ÿ˜€

Micky. Can I join you?

Brilliant Steve

Before my ex wife turned into Mick Mcmanus, she came down stairs in sexy lingerie offering it on a plate.

I refused because we had a corner.

Of course, after she morphed into Mick Mcmanus, refusal was not an option

136. stevepalmer1 says:

Blinding Tel, still laughing ๐Ÿ™‚

137. White Bear says:

we never score from corners (ask DidIt) so you should have tried to score with your ex

Bloody love you Transplant ๐Ÿ™‚

Raddy,
    Damn I wish you were coming. You’d love it. Hire you a 9ft foamy and have you standing up in 20 minutes. Done. Surfer. Then we’d bbq before heading to the bar for table football, then back to camp fire and you could play your guitar and we’d get all hippy ๐Ÿ™‚

139. stevepalmer1 says:

Micky the last picture tickled me. The Troll on his own ๐Ÿ™‚

Hippy is Polish for happy. Right Evonne?

141. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

A Cornish beach and campsite does sound good right now.

Think me George and Alfie will take a hike round the neighbourhood george in one of them rucksack things). Then chill out this afternoon.

We have a New Post ……………..