A Look Ahead

Now I know some of you hate playing the fantasy football manager scenario where we give our verdict on who, or at least what type of player, we should add to the squad to take ourselves into the bracket where we are challenging at the highest levels again. That is not to say that we are not doing that this season, to some degree, with us being F.A cup favourites and ECL football again within our grasp but in reality I still feel there are a couple of I’s still to dot and T’s to cross.

There may be 2-3 positions you feel need to be addressed, as I do, but to keep it simple for today’s post I think we should today look at the most obvious position that most of us feel requires addressing, which is that of the striker or number 9 position. It is also a position that I am more than certain Arsene himself recognises as needing an upgrade in, so in many ways this is not one of those futile discussions which has no realistic chance of becoming reality. I feel it is a given that we will recruit at least 1 player in this position in the summer.

I would like to quote GIE from a few days ago who poses the questions very succinctly :

“A proper striker……now there is a subject for debate.
Do we want a pure goalscorer…..akin to Ian Wright
Do we want a hold up man….we have him
Do we want a twisty turny something from nothing man….Suarez like (preferably minus cannibal traits)
Do we want a channel runner….the Henry type”

Now Ollie is our main striker at present who has certain strengths and weaknesses. I like Ollie and see him as a great plan B or second choice number 9, but I have stated my view that I feel we need something a bit more than him, and a bit different to him if we want to challenge at the highest level again. For me Suarez is the best EPL striker at the moment, and maybe even arguably the best in the world. We once had the best EPL striker in TH14 and it is maybe no coincidence that one of our great periods of success was when he was with us.

As such I would ask you all to state your views on which type or style of striker you would like to see join us as per Mr GIE’s comment above. If you wish you could even put forward certain names to support your case. Any video footage would be even more welcome to support any argument for said player. So over to you A.A’ers, what do you think?

Written by GoonerB

91 Responses to A Look Ahead

Thanks GB, I know this isn’t the post you had in mind, but it is a subject that we have discussed many times in comments so why not in a post 😛

Here’s what I think (as if anyone cares 😆 )

Ideally our new fantasy striker should have the following:
    Good close control skills, with plenty of tricks
    An electric sudden burst of pace
    Mobility and constant movement
    The ability to conjure a goalscoring opportunity out of nothing
    Two good feet and a clinical finish
    Be a team player.

If you look at Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez, you see all those attributes (maybe not so much the team player in Ronaldo). Ollie is a great guy but he lacks that sharpness, that ability to switch direction in an instant and snap off a shot. It’s not his fault he just isn’t physically equipped to be that type of player. With Ozil and Walcot buzzing around him, he becomes highly effective, without that kind of support he struggles.

2. jjgsol says:

I believe that I am first for the first time and it is not an April fool joke either.

What is one, is the article on the back of today’s Times, in which Moyes is quoted as calling for the ref to be “wary of Bayern;’s antics.”

By this he means their diving and the king of the divers, Robben in particular.

This is clearly a joke as Moyes has in his team the 2 biggest divers in the EPL, Young and of course, His Majesty King Wayne, the player who can never do any wrong.

I reckon this is a much better joke than the ones found inside the paper.

3. wilson says:

whether we have those guys on not , let Wenger and his bridgade remember that if they doesn’t win fa cub , the hell will break loose on them

4. arnie says:

Lovely post, GoonerB, birthday post as well. 🙂

It is important to emphasize this, and this is most clearly put in your post: “We have what we have at the moment so I would firstly say let’s just get fully behind the current team for the rest of the domestic campaign. I do feel, however, that there is no harm in an examination of what we may require to get fully back to the summit again, as I personally believe that we are potentially very close to that fully competitive top team again.”

what do I want? a something-out-of-nothing man, like Suarez. Why? because he is likely to produce something by sheer individual brilliance, even if the team has been crap otherwise in attack that day. I think we do have good channel runners.

what can we get? we tried for Suarez, and it was worth the effort even if unsuccessful. can we get a top goal scoring striker of any kind? yes we can, if we are happy to meet market prices, but we are not likely to. because paying overinflated prices is against the club philosophy. it is therefore more likely that we will try to develop one from within our system.

so what might we get? we can actually get a fox-in-the-box type of opportunistic striker, which may actually be a decent short term solution. Until we have grown a Suarez from within the system, that is. and if we have developed such a player from within the system in the next 2 to 3 years, we probably know who the next manager might be. But that is another topic. 😛

Sorry to use your comment from the other day GIE without any personal request. I agreed it was a good subject for debate and I also liked the way you split it down into striking catagories. Bit tied up at work at the moment so will comment more later.

6. chris says:

It’s an interesting topic and one which will have many opinions across fans. I think the majority would prefer the suarez type – constantly badgering defenders (and midfielders to some extent) all over the opposition’s half. This never-give-up attitude wins fans hearts and also helps to enforce this attitude across the whole team. I would personally love to see this type of player but ALSO a channel runner – why can’t we get both? This will ultimately allow the manager to change things about and specifically adapt the style of play depending on the opposition’s strength and weaknesses. It’s the predictability of the current playing style that gets on my nerves. I like how you mention plan b for giroud as a hold up player – some times we’ll need that approach for sure, maybe with a channel runner feeding off ozil’s through balls after giroud’s job has been done by bringing the ball down under control and laying off. I like the sound of this Drmic guy personally albeit as long as we get another established striker.

7. arnie says:

maybe I am getting this wrong. but I view Rambo partly as a channel runner. and The Ox can be developed into one, I think. 🙂

Belated Happy Birthday GoonerB.

The definition of a striker has changed dramatically since the good old days.

I wouldn’t call Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez,strikers but extremely gifted players who on their day can win a game for their respective teams consistently.

Chelsea have three strikers but for them none are good enough, Liverpool have a three pronged attack and United have options with Rooney,Welbeck,RVP and the out of favour Hernendez.

Looking into my crystal ball it’s a bit foggy as ultimately it’s down to Wenger as to the system he plays but the lone striker may work with a fit Ozil,Ramsey or Cazorla or whoever in support..

Personally I prefer 4-4-2 for certain games but then again if you look at Barcelona they seem to have about eight midfield players 🙂 who can swap positions and they don’t play with a target man anymore.
    I always thought Wenger wants us to play that way. The Invinsibles came the nearest to that, so I really haven’t given you an answer.

9. chris says:

Yes i agree arnie.. the overlapping runs of our midfielders is/was a big part of our game. Without changing the subject too much this leaves me wandering why our midfield do not track back these runs from the opposition so often but leave them for the defence to pick up instead (eg. Silva’s run from a deep position to score the rebound at the wkend).

GB. Thank you

I see Walcott as a channel runner. Both Didit & I said at the time that Theo’s injury was a serious blow. His loss deprived us of both a channel runner and increasing lethal striker and the pace which allows us to play on the counter-attack, something which has been missing from our game of late.

As Arnie says, Ramsey is also a channel runner.

I would like us to sign a pacy left sided attacker who can cut in and score – another TH14 style player. However, should we sign this player (if he exists!) we have to change our style of play because we lose a defensive element.

Let us say we signed Robben (horrible man wonderful player) instead of Podolski. We would need to stop Rosicky or Cazorla from venturing too far forward thanks to Robben’s inability to defend. Podolski is asked both to support OG and Gibbs.

Fox-in-the-box? We have one and he is injured – Ramsey.

Happy day after your birthday to you, happy day after your birthday to you, dear GoonerB …. 🙂

Now just to get our little bit of business done before addressing your day after your birthday Post.

I accept your offer of £1,500,000 for my Jag, and as a concession for your birthday blues, I am prepared to offer you a £500,000 discount, so that will be £2,000,000 all told.

Nice doing business with you, and I hope to do you again! 🙂

In a way the question of what sort of CF would I like is a bit of a how long is a piece of string.

The hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question, is that I think we need 2 CFs.

One should be a mirror image Suarez and the other a more bustling physically strong Benzema type.

Possibly Giro would be much more effective with such a ‘Suarez’ type of partner, or perhaps Sanogo would be a better bet to go with a Suarez type — who knows.

In truth, if I had a magic wand that could solve just one problem over the summer, it would not be to sign a top striker, it would be that we find a solution to the unacceptably high level of injuries we suffer every season. I have no doubt we would still be top of the league if Ramsey and Theo were playing.

Rasp if I had a magic wand the man would be Diaby.:)

15. Shard says:

Rasp

I hear Terry and Cockie have ‘magic’ wands.. Maybe they’ll help you get what you desire 😀

If I had a magic wand I would rejuvenate Thierry, Ian Wright and PV4.

17. Shard says:

Hmmm..Interesting question about the strikers. The truth is, I don’t know. If I had to choose just one quality, I would choose a pure goalscorer, a finisher I suppose, but that doesn’t say much. He still needs to be a certain type of player beyond that.

I agree with people who have said we probably need to add two players to our attack. A ‘twisty, turny’ type would be my other choice. Of course this doesn’t need to be a striker per se. I think if we add the create something out of nothing type player even on the wing, we need just an Eduardo type finisher to complete the puzzle. Someone who plays on the shoulder of the defense and takes his chances. Would help if his ball control is good too.

Pace however is a requisite for both.

18. wally says:

Someone like Sturridge

19. arnie says:

yes Raddy, for me, Theo is a channel runner as well. And The Ox is young, he can still be moulded. Now, having two fantastic channel runners in the team, Rambo and Theo, and having them both injured (alas, Rasp) is either plain bad luck or poor training methods. Perhaps a combination of both. Bad luck one cannot plan against, having two players, we should probably expect one of them to be standing at any given point.

Having said that, and still maintaining that we will probably look to develop the individual brilliance Suarez in-house, I maintain that we should be looking for a Ian Wright type fox-in-the-box. This player will always stay in the box or nearabouts when we attack. It might be possible to get such players in the market. Or maybe, we do a fantastic bit of transfer business and get an untapped talent from somewhere. Likely Latin America.

Clear as mud?

GoonerB,

I’m amongst the minority who are not convinced that we need another “striker” – simply because our football is played without one. To Arsene it would be the same as saying we need players who only stay in their preassigned positions.

Our tactics (or lack of as some believe) is to have players who are skilled enough to interchange positions throughout the game and Giroud fits the bill nicely. He also spends a lot of his energy on “decoy” runs – which go mostly unnoticed. I agree that he lacks the nimbleness of a Suarez type of player, but he like Henry are a very rare commodity.

The injuries we have suffered have been to key players who have
    been sorely missed – and Giroud in particular is missing those players – they were his supply chain and without them it has remained broken.

Its so easy to say that a team has to contend with and plan for injuries – but unlike other teams we do not have a bottomless well.

Can any of you seriously say that these questions would have been raised if our 7 injured players had been available all season – I think not.

Oh I forgot to mention – Its Wengers fault!

Good stuff GB

You have inspired me to write my first post in four months, the trauma of which has left me needing to go and lie down in a dark room.

Peaches/Rasp

There is one in drafts should you need.

23. Bayonne Jean says:

The focus on striker overlooks the more telling need for the Arsenal, which can be summed up in one word: Power. And it needs to be sprinkled throughout the squad. Gonna need it at at least one fullback position, particularly if/when Sagna departs; glaringly at the DM position, and likely in another midfielder, as Arteta’s time will run its course. And also up front, at the “striker” position, where you need one or two powerful types to really make a difference if you’re serious about contending for EPL and CL titles.

The flavors of the month for striker — Suarez- or Aguero- like — may be shorter in stature, but they are also built solidly. They use their strength, balance and quickness to work off defenders and create loads of chances for themselves and others.

Arsenal as presently constituted does not have enough power to play consistently and across the grind of a season with the bigger moneyed boys. Not looking to transform the side into Stoke-like knuckle draggers, but a selective infusion to go along with the technically adept talent that’s already here would do wonders.

Excellent, thanks LB.

My thoughts are that the best attacking players these days seem to be those players that have the scoring rate of a traditional striker but the ability of a wide player to take players on and get away from defenders and also set up team mates.

Perhaps part of Henry’s genius was that he developed the out and out strikers eye for goal, but it was allied with his ability on the ball, and ability to run at defenders and get past them. TH14 played centrally for us, after the AW makeover, but also liked to pull wide where he would draw defenders out of position and vacate the central area for other runners to hit.

In many ways I see Suarez as slightly similar in that he is a central player that will work the wide channels. Is Suarez in reality a kind of false 9 rather than a traditional striker. When he pulls wide you will often see either Sturridge or (less often) Sterling ghost in centrally so it almost seems as if Liverpool are playing with 3 rotating strikers that in turn rotate to the wide channels.

If we get someone I would like it to be that striker that can pull wide or a wide player converted to central player, like we had with Henry. I would like the option of the big one up top within the squad but would prefer to get more pace and mobility into our front line and more fluid interchange between players. Theo has maybe been a big loss in this sense. Ramsey certainly got his shooting boots going before injury but I am not sure whether i see him as one of those kind of players. Maybe for me he is more an ACM or box to box CM.

GN5 may be right and maybe the answer is within the squad. If so who is it? Well it seems that we are looking for a quick but strong player who doesn’t have to be a giant but shouldn’t be on the weak side either. Someone who can run at and take on defenders and twist and turn a bit, has an eye for goal and can shoot well off both feet. Hang on a minute…. is that not a reasonably acurate description of one Mr Oxlade Chamberlain? The next Gerrard? Blah, not for me. A waste of his abilities if you ask me to play him too deep. He is either a wing forward or number 10 type player but also looks to have all the natural and physical attributes to be a Suarez or Aguero. He would need to hone his conversion rate but he will only do that by playing in this position. You heard it here first (and probably last for that matter).

26. arnie says:

GoonerB: your mention of Gerrard reminds me. One thing that we seem to suffer from is lack of deadly delivery from dead ball situations. Is our best option a fit Ozil? Can we do better? I wonder.

27. RC78 says:

This is indeed a very interesting topic – thanks man 🙂

I think that the team in the season to come will be built around Ozil and his style of play. As a result, we will most likely switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Ozil in a central role but allowed to drift on the wings as well…It also means that we need players that are able to make relevant and impactful runs to enjoy his wonderful passing range, including the right striker…

Let us hope that our main players from Defensive Mid to Striker stay healthy, we should have smt like that:

Ramsey, RECRUIT (or Flamini) – Walcott, Ozil, OX – RECRUIT

So what is the profile needed for the striker up front? I would argue that we need a “Sturridge” type of player who is very efficient with his runs, has a clinical finish and can, if needed, pass “some” opponents with his speed and skills. Who could be available?

Jackson Martinez is a realistic option and so is Cavani (vs a huge enveloppe!). In any case, if I were Wenger, I would buy Loic Rémy because he can play striker and on the wing as well and has that profile.

Ramsey, SCHNEDERLIN – Walcott, Ozil, Ox – J. MARTINEZ

Wilshere, Flamini – Gnabry, Cazorla, Rémy – Giroud

+ Zelalem, Eisfeld, Rosicky, Sanogo

Thanks, GoonerB. Happy Birthday for whenever it was.

What I’d like in our new striker is……………..
    a guaranteed 30 goals per season
    equally as adept with both feet
    a shot like a cannonball on either side
    the heading ability of John Radford
    lightning fast over 30 metres
    tits like Pamela Anderson
    with absolutely no trace of a Judas streak
    brilliant at one-on-ones with the keeper
    as robust as Steve Austin
    be mustard at free-kicks and penalties
    have the stamina and appetite of a wolf
    must wear black boots
    has loved The Arsenal since childhood (BFG not bsr style).

I’m renewing my season ticket as we speak (and changing my underwear).

We can always do better with set piece delivery. We have Cazorla, Walcott and Ozill, one would expect them to be excellent but are they?

It infuriates me when a set piece doesn’t clear the first defender

chas. I would be happy with just the Pammy tits and the black boots 😀

I’d be happy with just the Pammy tits 🙄

Definitely changing my underwear now.

Bayonne Jean

We don’t get to see enough of your posts as I for one always think they are very logical and make good sense.

Is your wife away,Raddy 🙂

This made me feel similar to the vid of the woman hearing for the first time.

Random stat time

Chas i loved your 5.42. I was getting very excited thinking he’s talking about me, he’s talking about me until i got to the pamela anderson bit. If it helps i am prepared to wear a pair of comedy breasts like the ones in blackadder 2.

GoonerB

You know exactly what I think 🙂

Very well crafted and sensitively put post. Thank you.

I say “sensitively” because you are right in not having a go at a current player while recognizing the bleeding obvious, and I love playing Manager 🙂

First thing I’d do if I were The Boss, is never sign anyone who plays anywhere along the front three who hasn’t passed my new “acceleration test”. Don’t care whether they are big ‘uns or little ‘uns, a burst of speed is imperative.

Now to read through comments and sniff out the April Fool’s comments 🙂

Mmmm, several candidates.

GN5 with two:
    ““striker – simply because our football is played without one” oops
    and:
    “He also spends a lot of his energy on “decoy” runs – which go mostly unnoticed” harsh 🙂

Then LB at 2:45
    “You have inspired me to write my first post” followed two minutes later by: “There is one in drafts”
    A Magnificent Octopus then LB 🙂

And then there is the Chas contribution 🙂

So, let’s continue the Pamela Anderson debate then 🙂

My view for what it’s worth: “In like Flynn”

Mr Flynn was blessed with very small “feet”. Didn’t affect his performance – apparently.

Evening all, no problem using the comment for postage GoonerB.

I think I would’ve liked to flesh out into a post myself given the time as I have seenut written so often that we need a striker. What I think they mean is they miss Henry or Wrighty or even Anelka.

We had RVP who most consider a top drawer striker, but he still needed creative types to put him in, he could occasionally make himself a yard and score but more often he was finishing chances created. And he was undoubtedly good at it. I think our style this season has gone away from the goal machine type of striker and are looking more at a hold up player to bring others in. A 20+ goal striker does not win you titles a 70+ goal team does. So if Rambo who was top scorer and Theo had continued contributing add Santi and Ozil and you start to get close (if they’d had a full season!).

I don’t think anyone in our current squad could do what Thierry did, why? Because none are as capable of hurting the opposition with the variance of his play:

a) run on to through ball finish
    b) meet crosses finish
    c) play an assist
    d) beat a man score

Those last two were key, in possession defenders who got close were skinned and he’d score, stand off and he’d wait for the joining players.

43. VCC says:

chas 6:10…thats amazing. How nice to see he is being looked after and enjoying life.

Great points Exile, but it’s not what I mean 🙂

Of course we have no Henry. Few teams in the world do, and that includes money bags Chelsea.

What I mean is firstly, speed is imperative, and second, I just don’t like the style of using a hold-up type. Just not the Arsene way.

45. Domhuail says:

IMHO our ¨need¨for a finisher who can convert a higher percentage of chances than our current attackers/strikers can is at the core of our current needs. We are still creating more outright chances than ANY other EPL team other than City. I would love to see us get an Aguero-type, one who combines great off the ball movement with excellent defense splitting runs…something Giroud does on occasion but all too often is, in his case, mistimed.
    Since TH and DB departed, we have lacked that efficient finisher whose accurate shooting and opportunism gave us goals that finished off the opponents and most games before our opponents could recover. We all thought Eduardo was the man but circumstances proved us wrong through no fault of his or Wenger’s.
    My greatest preoccupation is that we get someone like a Costa or Suarez-type in over the summer and the officials let him get kicked to pieces by the EPL troglodytes, so that he spends half the year out….a la RVP, Diaby, Walcott etc. NO EPL team is currently dealing with the absence of 7 first team starters due to injuries.
    Who is this guy….again imho, it could be Balotelli. He is strong, deadly from close in or far away, very skillful, very aggressive and a bit on the lunatic side….which every team needs to be competitive.
    Wenger seems to be able to salvage under-performing players’ careers and certainly Mario is on that slippery slope. His giant EGO would need to be harnessed and guided by the management BUT he has a fiery passion and can be a game changer anytime he is on the field.

It is the Arsenal way if not the Arsene way.

Radford,Kennedy, Stapleton, SuperMac, Alan Smith. I like a Big Man up top, imagine having Andy Carroll on the bench instead of Sanogo.

Feels disloyal to support the Germans in a match against an English team but tonight I make an exception.

Domhuall. I would love to see SuperMario at the Emirates

48. arnie says:

Balotelli will be good. Agreed. 🙂

49. White Bear says:

someone like Messi would be good 🙂
    Failing this – a Rooney.

Thanks for the post GB, very good one indeed. It seems I have just missed you today, oh well, next time 🙂

50. arnie says:

White Bear: my sincere apologies for being rude. you may have realised that it was not my intention to frame you. far from it. you are a fantastic person, and you were instrumental in getting me to start frequenting AA. I have made many friends here, virtual and real, and I am grateful to you for that.

True, I was somewhat peeved by your suggestions about the outcome of the Shitty game. I think that was fair enough. And also a bit sad that you thought I was either mad or deluded. I acknowledge I am a bit barmy. But I think I am in good company here. 🙂

A metaphorical olive branch is now extended. 🙂

51. Bayonne Jean says:

Kelsey: thanks for the kind words. Don’t like to clutter up the blog; just trying to be efficient, which is what we’d all wish an ideal striker to be.

Daddy hit on my point in his wish to clone Henry, Vieira and Wright. Things in common? Power (especially TH 14 and PV4)

Here’s an interesting exercise; if you divide the Wenger era into roughly equal halves (up to last trophy in 2005 vs. post Vieira) what’s the big difference in the squads? IMHO, power….

52. White Bear says:

arnie, what are you on about??

White bear, if you just missed me some would term that a lucky escape.

Alex Sanchez would be a good signing and so would Pedro

57. Shard says:

arnie

Don’t worry about white bear calling you mad… She dismissed any notion of me being sane yesterday. I reckon she’s a good judge of character 🙂

Yet another example of the terrible bias in the English press in favour of Man U and in particular Rooney.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Bayern ended the game with 10 men when goalscorer Schweinsteiger chopped down Rooney as the England striker looked to break away to earn a second yellow card which rules him out of the second leg along with Javi Martinez.

59. arnie says:

White Bear: about idiosyncrasy, eccentrecity and plain and simple lunacy. 🙂

Shard: good judge of (mental) character? 🙂

60. arnie says:

shocking. diving and cheating has already brought an erstwhile honorable game into disrepute, it threatens to kill it forever. 😦

61. neamman says:

I would be happy with OG and a fit Theo to be honest, preferring we spend big money on a Vieira type midfielder. That being said.. are there any strikers out there we “could” get who are better than OG?
    I doubt we could get any matinee name players like Messi, Suarez or Diego Costa so we are dependant on AW finding an unknown a la TH14.
    If I had to choose a player from the EPL I wouldn’t mind Benteke.

It was a foul by Schweinstiger, but it was also a dive by Rooney to get the yellow. Moyes doesn’t do divers tho.

Look at where the ball’s going.
    Look how Rooney rolls around as if he’s been touched.
    Look at the “yeah you’ve caught me cheating” look on his face.

Hi Neamann

” are there any strikers out there we “could” get who are better than OG?”.

Firstly yes, I think so and very affordably without going into the top drawer. However, some of the debate was really about style and the way we see Arsenal playing.

In one corner you have those who like the back to goal type/big’un up top, then there is the speed/movement camp. Different strokes, which is what makes football chat fun. Of course the other camp are always wrong 🙂

My last word on Pants Down, his stats are terrible. 13 league goals and I think even fewer assists. Certainly not top four stats. Given that he’s a lone striker,almost every attacking move goes through him and he plays nearly every game, I think we need to change the style.

Chas

And Evonne fancies him! Now THAT is terrifying

My Geordie mate keeps saying we ought to buy Remy.

Micky
    He ‘earns’ £2.50 every time he farts. What’s not to like?

50p a second

Surely Remy will depend on QPR returning to top flight, and considering the losses announced last week they will be looking for big number for transfer fee.

Would Balotelli pass my “acceleration test”?

Genuine question.

Looking forward to today’s two minute LB post, and I don’t think it’s going to be about Jack 🙂

How about IBRA versus the chavs. Is he just a flat track bully.
    I imagine Balotelli considers sprinting beneath him.

It really is just a continuation of GB’s fine work above but hey ho, it is Wednesday and there is not a lot going on.

I am out all day so I wont even be able to join in.

By the way where does “flat track” come from?

I think that if AW had rated Remy he would already have bought him, same goes for Benteke. They were cloth at clubs which needed the money.

As to Ibra. His record is astonishing – only once in his career not been in a title winning side (2011/12)

LB. Chary says it is a cricket term. Comes from batsmen scoring big numbers on flat pitches against poor bowling.

LB
    Do keep up. We had an excellent explanation the other day. It’s something to do with cricket, which is a game where………

Is it something to do with horses which can’t jump?

I read a great cricket related line the other day, where a woman talks of her husband’s obsession with the game.

“David (?) cannot even walk down the aisle in an abbey without wondering whether it will take spin” 🙂

Morning Raddy
    Off school running in a mo. You really are Ibra’s biggest fan. Fair stance though.

MU had 26% possession at home. Their fans think they did well – how the mighty have fallen

Morning all

Watching United v Bayern I can’t believe that we only got one point from United (I know we had illness in the first game) and Robben is a one trick pony .You know excatly what he is going to do every time,even though he didn’t score last night.
    Neuer is a great keeper but didn’t have one of his better nights as it was Welbeck who mucked up a golden chance.
    Why didn’t Neuer play like that against us and if we had a a Ramsey and Walcott we might have won the tie.
    The CL is up for grabs now, it could have been us.

82. White Bear says:

this is REALLY seriously bad news about MU. I told you they can win the CL and I was mocked for it. Are you still laughing??!! Van Persie will be back for the second leg

we need to finish 3rd at least.

WB. I bet you both Jupiter and Saturn that MU will not win the CL. In fact I bet you Uranus that they will not beat BM !

84. White Bear says:

we shall see! And this time I will remember what the bet was about 🙂 did you get the book?

evonne. Yes thank you .

According to a man whose wife walks Ruud Gullit’s dog, Louis Van Gaal has already signed to be the new Spurs manager after the WC.

Really progressive thinking from the Spurs board – signing a 66 y-o.

86. White Bear says:

re Spurs – I walked 4 black dogs past Daniel Levy’s house yesterday. My God, there is some money to be made in footy, awesome estate

87. arnie says: