Arsenal Will Be Unbeaten From Now On

It has been a tough 48 hours since we were left lying in the gutter by that steaming turd of a performance.

Wallowing in S H one T is no fun, even though people on some Arsenal blogs seem to have been enjoying it.

But as I recline, idly watching the floaters* drift by, I have decided to heed the words of Oscar Wilde: “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

He may have been a bit light in the loafers, but Wilde was a very wise Irishman (I apologise for the unfortunate nature of his first name in the current circumstances).

It took a while to see the stars but they are still there, twinkling through the dark, offering a little hope.

There is nothing to be said about our capitulation at Chav Central that has not been said.  We were pants. Pants with skiddies.

There was a predictable deluge of wailing and gnashing of teeth over the weekend (I know – I contributed to it) but it has gone too far. It’s time to step back now.

There are serious questions about our ability to cope with high pressure away games in the Premier League but they have been allowed to overshadow a lot of good things that have gone on this season.

I’m not trying to be blasé: those questions will need to addressed very seriously in the summer. But we are still having a good season – a better one, in fact, than we have had for many years.

The defeats at Anfield and at the Chavs hurt like taking a cheese grater to your cojones, but let’s remember some other results this season:

Three victories over the N17 swampies.

Drawing at the home of the European champions.

Thrashing Everton 4-1 in the cup.

Two victories over Liverpool.

Winning in Dortmund.

Outplaying Napoli.

We have topped the table for many weeks, qualified from the Champions League “group of death” and generally confounded the usual critics and pundits who didn’t even have us making the Europa League spot.

This team may have schizophrenic tendencies but it is still more Jekyll than Hyde.

I am delighted that Arsene Wenger is not doing his scheduled press conference today in advance of the Swansea game. Following his non-show at the presser after the Chav game it shows the whole team and management have gone into lock-down mode.

I’m sure serious words are being had and harsh truths are being spoken (“Gibbs, why did you decide to play left wing?” “Chamberlain, what were you thinking of? You’re not even Polish!” “Bendtner – why? Just why?”).

This group of players has shown itself capable of bonding in the face of adversity before now: the run-in at the end of last season; beating Liverpool in the cup just a week after the Anfield thrashing; those away performances in Germany – all these can be put as counter-weights to the negativity from Saturday.

I have a strong feeling we will now go on to remain unbeaten for the rest of the season.

I don’t mean we will play brilliantly. I foresee quite a few draws – including when we entertain the Manchester Oilers. Other results, even against supposedly “easy” teams will be ground out and hard fought for. I don’t expect to see much free-flowing Wengerball.

We won’t win the league but, naturally, if we remain unbeaten it will mean we end our trophy drought by winning the F. A. Cup.

Watching Thomas Vermaelen climb the steps at Wembley to lift the Cup (after his five minute cameo appearance), our hearts will be filled with joy. We will not have forgotten days like Saturday’s, but the pain will have eased and we’ll be able to recognise some of the opportunities that lie ahead, not just the pitfalls.

I know some readers will call me an idiot for my optimism. Some may be the same people who told me I was an idiot for saying – during the clamour for us to sign Marouane Fellaini last summer – that Ramsey was a much better player

Of course I could be wrong on this one, but I am expecting something impressive from our players and coaches from here on in. They know they owe it to us and to themselves.

If I was Swansea I would be worried, because we are a badly wounded animal and we are in a corner.

• sadly I’m not referring to the 1970s Detroit R ‘n’ B combo who gave us the memorable ditty, “Float On.”

RockyLives

176 Responses to Arsenal Will Be Unbeaten From Now On

Brilliant stuff Rocky. We need less of the ‘Oscars’ and more of the ‘Wilde’ from the team from here onwards.

A win against Swansea is a must, and an intelligent disciplined performance against city to prove we can play with our heads is also essential for your prediction to succeed.

You’re not an idiot to be optimistic, what other choice do we have unless we are into self-flagellation?

There is still plenty to be achieved this season. We must learn from Saturday. We’ve been taught that lesson before and reacted accordingly, yet somehow we relapsed. The media lockdown is definitely a good idea … it seems like Arsenal v the world at the moment, time to show our mettle.

2. arnie says:

Fantastic, Rocky. Both feet on the ground and eyes to the stars stuff. Brilliant. That is some optimistic reality check. Thank you very much. 🙂

With that prediction, and doing a bit better, grinding out a “1-0 to the Arsenal” against Shitty at home (I am not joking, honest), it will be a successful season.

We can do it, let us do it. Let us wear our hearts on our sleeves, and let us wear our shirts with pride. Put our best feet forward, and find out where we land. It will not be backwards!

Onwards and upwards!! 🙂 🙂

3. sunny says:

The most if not the only sensible counter debate since Saturday’s horror show. Good to know there are fans with a calm sense of perspective and indeed wisdom.

4. Nurul Huda says:

Reblogged this on Broken Phrases and commented:
    This makes a lot of sense and I agree wholeheartedly. If you don’t think so, why, you must have a lasagna for a brain then.

5. arnie says:

Yes, Rasp, “time to show our mettle”. 🙂

6. Simon says:

It’s not that we lost to Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, it’s that we played like a hungover pub team and conceded 17 goals over all three. I’d like to know why we lost so heavily, is it niavity, inexperience, fear? Is it something to do with match preparation and a lunchtime kick off?

While I agree some of the reaction has been way over the top, surely fans have a right to complain? Yes, there are reasons to be positive but this is a team that while outsiders to win the league should be able to play better against their rivals.

7. Sav from Australia says:

Excellent and most welcome after a long weekend and long Monday. Rocky Mondays!

Adversity builds character I say. Things have been rather adverse in the last few days. But I’m cautiously optimistic. Our time is soon. Maybe not yet, but soon…to paraphrase Tolkien:

“All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be TEAM that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.”

Hi Simon, welcome. All fair questions and ones that have been thrashed over for the last 36 hours. We’re not going to get the answers you want from the team or management and so we can only view the upcoming games as evidence that the big losses are a blip and we are heading in the right direction.

9. arnie says:

allegedly, Akpom has been recalled from Coventry loan.

10. Oye alle says:

Ramsey played 2 months of great football, and he is better than Fellaini, this is the kind of thinking that will keep us from ever winning. Yes Ramsey played out of this world ball, especially when you look at his resume, but pull up stats on careless giveaways, in the games he played he was clearly in the top 3, you can say the same about Ox. Let’s not be afraid to tell our boys where they are lacking, heaping false praise will keep us from winning and eventually top 4 our annual trophy will be out of reach. Personally there is not one player on our squad that does news to make multiple improvements to his game and most will never amount to much. Let’s keep pretending that we have a squad that will beat the best, a recipe for continued mediocrity.

11. Simon says:

Rasp,

It would be nice for Wenger to come out in the media an say we lost these games because if x, y and z, but obviously that’s not gonna happen and like you say the only way to prove that the losses were a blip is on the pitch. However, (and I think we are beginning to head in the right direction overall), I’m not sure the results are a blip. Losing one of the games by 5 or 6 is a blip, but all three?
    Chelsea played the same way as Liverpool, closing us down quickly and denying us space to play, stoke played similarly when we lost to them as well. Surely Wenger must’ve identified this weakness and tried to correct it? It will be interesting to see if Swansea try it on Tuesday and if they do it will be equally as interesting to see how we cope.

12. arnie says:

Simon, Arsene did come out in the media on Saturday and said this: “This defeat is my fault, I take full responsibility for it. I don’t think there’s too much need to talk about the mistakes we made. We got a good hiding today. It’s how we respond now on Tuesday night and the best way is not to explain too much the mistakes.

“Yes, of course it’s one of the worst days. It’s over after 20 minutes and it’s a long game after that. You don’t prepare all week to experience that kind of experience.”

If there is nothing more to say at the moment, it is fair to prepare behind closed doors and come out on Tuesday. The true reply will be on the field. On Tuesday, against Citeh at home, and against Everton away. That is how a man of principles should react.

13. RC78 says:

Good post but let us be realistic, please 🙂

We will lose to Man City at home…This is given

We may not lose the rest of the games but we actually need to win them to keep Totty and Everton at Bay for the 4th spot…

We have only two focuses now:
    – Finish 4th
    – Win the Cup

I hope that Wenger will play the Best possible XI in the Cup that will allow us to land a trophy amid another disappointing season that kept us dreaming until last saturday and the thumping defeat

14. arnie says:

Oye alle: Of course there are frailties, and that is for all to see. But we have a very good set of players as well. These are tough times. Surely the way to move forward is to focus on the positives and improve on these, and to try and cut out the negatives. We should not condone sloppy performances, at the same time, we have to support the way for the team to move forward. Now is not the time for scapegoating, IMO.

I agree Simon, statistically it has been proven that we underperform against the top teams in the EPL. The teams that have the personnel and are coached to close us down high up the pitch (top teams) or get in our faces (stoke) are the ones we drop points against.

Our game is better suited to European football. We need to acquire the type of players and adapt our coaching to strengthen the squad to compete at the very top domestically.

16. RC78 says:

I do not understand how our team can just be thrashed by City, Chelsea and Liverpool… Y

ou would think that we would approach these games with one big aim: BE COMPACT AND SOLID! We have the skills to create chances so why rush into it!

Let the others try their luck – wait for them and then show them that you are there physically and mentally – that you are ready for a gritty battle and that you are hungry for the victory and for winning every loose balls…You need 11 Flaminis on the pitch for these games and you need to make sure that you control the midfield or at least give it a go!

What prevented Wenger to play a 4-3-3 with

Szecesny – Sagna, BFG, Kos, Gibbs – Ox, Flamini, Arteta – Jenkinson, Giroud, Rosicky?

It is ultra defensive BUT you block the wings effectively (Hazard facing Jenk + Sagna / Schurle facing Gibbs + Arteta ; Oscar closed down by Flamini and Lampard by Rosicky and Ox helping out…) and you shut down the midfield…As the game progresses, bring in Cazorla and/or Gnabry…

Look – I love the way we play but sometimes we have to be factual. We are playing away to Chelsea – they are a counter-attacking team this year. Let them have the ball and see what they do with it. Hazard and Schurrle are not good at trailing back and Oscar is fine but commits a lot of foul defending…It was about not losing on Saturday and after 17 minutes, it is over and out…WHAT WERE WE THINKING?

WE WEREN’T THINKING …. that was the problem 😕

18. RC78 says:

“Our game is better suited to European football.”
    > I am not so sure since we have not past the Round of 16 for a long time now (since 2009-2010) …

“We need to acquire the type of players and adapt our coaching to strengthen the squad to compete at the top domestically.”
    > Absolutely

19. RC78 says:

+1 Rasp

20. arnie says:

“WE WEREN’T THINKING”. If we can agree on this, there is scope for substantial improvement this season itself. We can play much better against tougher opposition Shitty and Everton, and bag teh points against the others.

How wonderful to have our own Oscar Wilde back with his humour and reason.

I have missed Rocky Monday

22. VCC says:

Nice Monday Morning uplifter Rocky. 😉 Lets float on to Wembley and lift the FA CUP. 😀

I had forgotten how much I hate that song …. Thanks VCC!

24. VCC says:

BR……..my pleasure 😉

That song and everything by The Bellamy Brothers eh Raddy? 😕

RC78 – we’ve been knocked out of the CL twice by Barca and twice by Bayern in the last 4 years – either the winners or losing finalists. I still believe we get a better chance to play our football against European sides and are therefore better suited to the slower pace and more constructive style of play.

27. arnie says:

Rasp: “better suited to the slower pace and more constructive style of play” IMO, it is not so much the pace, but the aggression. On this site we would be a bit biased, understandably, but AA ers from teh continent can perhaps confirm. From what I have heard, that is the view of EPL football abroad.

28. DM says:

IF Wenger leaves in the summer, who would people want to replace him?

I had a thought – how about Michael Laudrup, BUT also trying to nab DB10 from Ajax to be assistant manager for us.

Then we could try to get TH14 (whenever he’s ready) to join our coaching staff.

What player would not want to work with that sort of set-up?!

Hi arnie, OK aggression. My call for a ‘beast’ in the midfield is for a player with power and aggression – so we agree 🙂

30. arnie says:

yes, we agree, Rasp. 🙂

Hi DM, it seems disrespectful and poor timing to even talk of a successor when we have 8 important games left and hopefully a cup final to achieve (having said that Klopp would be top of my list if AW decides not to stay)

32. DM says:

Rasp – agreed we should focus on the rest of the season, but it’s not like I’m bringing it up at a board meeting, I’m just speculating.

33. RC78 says:

I think we all agree that we, at least, need:

1 Solid Enforcer in Midfield
    1 Top class striker
    1 Pacy winger

– the same top 3 priorities from last summer

I would even argue that we need solid back up in the LB and CB positions…

Remember that the team is now going to be articulated around Ozil and he needs players that can make runs rather than a big target guy like Giroud.

Ozil would do well with Walcott and Ox plus a striker with good and pacey runs in a 4-2-3-1 set up…

Cheers Rocky, great to see some positive perspective.

After Saturdays result I was not ashamed. We may have been tonked but of the pitch we stand tall.

On the subject of Arsene. The Board should do everything in there power to get the great man to sign.

We are close to a great side, and Arsene will take us were we want to be.

35. RC78 says:

As for AAers from the continent (as I am one), the vision is that Arsenal is past its glorious times and is a team that plays attractive but inefficient football and also that can be outmuscled…

That’s worrying RC78, would you say that fewer new young supporters are choosing the Arsenal where you are?

No, RC78, we don’t all agree.

For me, we need a top class striker, but not a pacy winger or some midfield enforcer.

We have “potential” world class pace in Theo, Ox, and Gnarby.

The enforcer thing is out of the question. Thats not in tune with the style or philosophy of our play.

We will get to were we want to be by sticking with the path we are on. Nurturing our young talents, adding top quality were needed, and playing a fast and fluent passing game.

Hmmmm “not in tune with the style or philosophy of our play” … correct, and that’s why we’ve conceded 17 goals in 3 games against the top 3 sides.

39. arnie says:

Terry: I do not agree as well. We need a player in the midfield who can be strong, wrestle possession from the opposition and keep possession. Vieira, Yaya Toure, or even Song, style.

Is that so Rasp?

How many midfield enforcers were playing in the Madrid v Barca game last night?

Tactics and individual players are separate matters.

Arsene may be looking for a bigger more physical presence in the middle, but they wont be bought to primarily “enforce” any body.

Yes it is so 😛 None TMHT – and that’s why I said earlier that our game is better suited to European football. I would never suggest power and aggression at the expense of technique and creativity – just alongside.

I’m not going to play semantics with you over your interpretation of ‘enforcer’, you know what I mean 😕

I agree with that Arnie. Its mainly how the player is utilised.

Man City have Toure and Fernadino but they are not used like Liverpool and Chelsea use there central midfield players.

They provide a physical presence, but are expected to play. The main aim is football with City, not a pressing followed by win the ball back counter.

Arsenes philosophy is similar.

Course I know what you mean Rasp. You want Peter Storey back. So do I. hahaha

😆 TMHT, I appreciate the type of player we are describing is a rare and expensive commodity – but we can only hope

The one thing we have always agreed on Rasp, is the need for a mobile world class striker.

If only we had got Suarez

47. RC78 says:

Rasp – you see a lot of young people supporting Chelsea, City, Utd, Barcelona, Real and Bayern…Then comes Arsenal, Liverpool, PSG and Dortmund…

Rasp – European Football – We lost to Barca and Bayern, two teams that have similar philosophies based on short passes and possession and build-up plays…The difference is that they beat us everytime and have game-winners and world class talent. Also, they all have a strong enforcer (Busquets, Javi Martinez or Schweini) and have clinical finishers (Messi, Mandzukic)…These teams are sound financially and are doing extremely well and we are so far off the pace from them for some reason although we follow a similar game philosophy and we nurture our young…I mean La Masia produces phenomenal talents over and over again. What about us? Bayern is a bit more prone to buying players but still, they buy them young and allow them to grow into the squad…

TMHT – If you do not believe we need an enforcer, it is your opinion. FYI, Barca plays Busquets as an enforcer and Real plays Xabi Alonso there…Both of them can break plays effectively and can pass the ball but Busquets is one dirty enforcer in the middle of the pitch…

48. arnie says:

ok, good, Terry, you got me scared for a moment. 🙂

49. RC78 says:

Fernandinho is actually very defensive minded…Toure has more of a “Vieira” role being a box to box but Fernandinho only goes forward if Yaya covers…

50. Domhuail says:

It is a difficult time to be a Gooner admittedly BUT that is the time when being a Gooner means the most. Rocky, as always, highlights both sides of the coin and is atrue Gooner at all times. Those casting doubt on our potential to get 24 points over the next 8 games and win the FA Cup forget one thing….we will have a few key players returning. This will give a boost to our team. We cannot change the referees, we cannot change our opponents, we cannot, it seems, change our fans, especially the whiny plastic fanboys, BUT we can change our attitude and effort. Those calling for Wenger to resign at the end of this season are bigger idiots than Mourinho and Pulis combined.

You dont have to tell me about Busquets RC78, I have seen him play at the Grove

But, “enforcing” is not the word that springs to mind when I think of Barcas approach

for me its a question of tactics. City, Barca, Madrid etc have a play first approach. The likes of Chelsea often roam into the area of stop first, then play after

I guess we took Kallstrom on loan to add strength to the midfield (but not pace) I prefer the word ‘power’ to describe the type of MF, as it encompasses strength pace and aggression.

I’d be interested to see the stats, but it looked to me as if we hardly won any 50/50 tackles against the chavs. I think we need a couple of players who regularly win 50/50s

54. DM says:

The midfield enforcer IS Pogba. Shame it’s just a dream. Would be happy with someone like Lars Bender.

Yeah, we definately need more power and pace through the spine of the side.

I think Redders point yesterday was very apt Rasp, and coincides with your comment about losing to may fifty fifty balls

56. arnie says:

Agreed, Rasp, it is the 50-50s that matter most. And it is not only against the Chavs. And worse still, most often we do not even try. For example, even when the ball is tonked away from our defence, we do not challenge for it straightaway. Agreed, this is not the style of Ozil et al. But to be fair to Ozil, he had at least started trying to do this.

57. RC78 says:

Bender would be a fine signing but would he leave Dortmund for Arsenal? I doubt it…

58. DM says:

RC78 – you’re thinking of Sven Bender. I said Lars, his brother – widely believed to be slightly better, and currently playing his trade at Bayer Leverkusen. Would he swap that for Arsenal? I reckon so!

59. Norfolk Gooner says:

A mid-field enforcer will just be a magnet for yellow and red cards, a la Flamini.

Watching El Classico last night I was struck by the way Barca were able to retrieve the ball from the Real players. No scything tackles but clever footwork to pinch the ball, they almost seemed able to spirit the ball away. When Barca have the ball their players constantly move AWAY from opposing players, giving themselves room to receive a pass and room to move the ball on.

If we are going to persist with long balls up to a loan striker we would do well to ditch Giroud in favour of Andy Carroll, at least he hands out as much stick as he takes rather than sitting on his a**e looking aggrieved.

60. RC78 says:

DM – my apologies…Lars would indeed be more inclined to join us 🙂

However, I see the following players joining us in the summer:

– Aurier (RB) from Toulouse to replace Sagna
    – Schnederlin (DM) from Southampton to replace Diaby
    – Rémy to replace Podolski
    – Possibly Menez for free from PSG

Szecesny – Aurier, BFG, Kos, Gibbs – Ramsey, Schnerderlin, Wilshere – Walcott, Rémy, Ozil

I am not a fan but all these transfers are very likely to happen 😦

61. RC78 says:

Tiote is also a possibility

62. matt says:

hahaha spot on….spot on…

63. DM says:

Wouldn’t mind Aurier at all, he’s very highly rated. Would be equally happy with Lukas Piszczek or Seamus Coleman.

For DM, Schneiderlin actually wouldn’t be too bad, and has PL experience, although there’s quite a few names I’d take first. But would defs take Schneiderlin over no-one – him and Flamini would offer good options for that side of the game.

Remy I’d quite like, but would ideally bring someone in with him. Either an out and out striker, a la Diego Costa, Jackson Martinez, etc (here’s to hoping), or (more likely) a winger such as Draxler (yes please – and could also play up front), Griezmann or even Lallana (whom I rate highly).

64. RC78 says:

– Aurier is a good prospect but he is not great defensively. Coleman would be better and Piczek would be great but again, I doubt that Piszczek would leave Dortmund for Arsenal

– Griezmann is bound to PSG to replace Menez

– Lallana would be a good acquisition but he may take some playing time away from Sanogo so let us see, although I rate him too

– Jackson Martinez or Hulk would be great additions

Extremely positive post Rocky 🙂

I wish I could believe all your dreams to come true.

Wenger is humiliated as never before,can he restore pride and bounce back tomorrow. I hope it’s not his swan song.;)

As to who we could or should buy, I never speculate the mans thinking.

I will comment further after the game tomorrow.

Mental strength and focus 100% and whoever plays gives their all.

Rocky

Great to have you back in my life on a Monday.

Me: don’t want to win them all. We’ve got enough easy fixtures to end top four, with the exception of Everton away. Win that, and we sink our main threat.

Therefore, send out the silly girls team against City. Two reasons. Keep the lads fresh for Everton and a nice two week break. Second, the girls can get smashed 100-0 thus helping City to end above Chelsea.

Actually, it would really help us if Usmanov decided he hated Abramovic more than anything on earth.

Mmmm, a twitter leak?

Chas, are you busy?

Absolutely scrumptious, Rocky. 🙂

Well, I hasten to add that I am referring to the Post not you, obviously!!

I always saw you as a calm, unflappable, stable kind of guy, but over time, and particularly after your admittedly restrained frustration immediately after the game onSaturday, I realise that you are actually every bit as mercurial as the Rasper — no, no, just kidding, I meant me really, Rasp! 🙂

You have a lovely way with words, which allied to your vivid, and fertile imagination makes reading your innermost thoughts fascinating in the extreme.

Rock on Rocky! 🙂

Now all is well with the world — Mystic Micky is back with his predictions to rival Crystal Ball Kelsey! 🙂

Hello everyone.

Some great points raised and thanks for not being too hard on me for my optimism!

As I said, there are clerkly underlying issues but I think we have to leave those for the summer now and refocus on how we ground out the results in last year’s run-in.

I guess the process of finding out whether or not we can do it begins tomorrow…

I expect a tough game but hopefully one in which we prevail.

As for which foreign players we should bring in… I’m afraid I hardly ever watch footy that’s not EPL so I don’t know my Aurier from my Elbow.

Kelsey – sorry to hear about your crystal ball. I believe there is an ointment…

Micky, I love your line of thinking: lose 0-100 to Shitty just to spite the Chavs. So tempting… 🙂

Redders, you are too kind. Are you still in the Wild West?

Rasp, Arnie (and others)
    If I had a magic wand I would conjure up a Suarez-type striker and Yaya Toure-type midfielder. And someone from outside the club to take a long, hard look at our injury record.

Rocky
    I could take a short soft look if that would help. Can’t promise being able to twist the facts enough, but I’ll give it a whirl if you like.

73. Lei says:

Oh how I would love Pogba at Arsenal! Just like a top class striker he is exactly what we might need to make the next step. He is a player all big clugs would like in their team and if we somehow managed to get him (improbable but not impossible) what a boost it would be!

RA

Come off it. I don’t know what Crystals Herself predicted, but it was nowhere near my 5-0. I believe she opted for a draw. Haa 🙂

75. White Bear says:

I read the title, scrolled down to the author and said to myself “just as I thought, away with the fairies”.

Micky
    Sorry, long hard looks only.

Evonne
    Let’s revisit that comment at the end of May 🙂

By the way evonne, I missed some days when I was away. When and why did you become White Bear?

White Bear

He doesn’t believe a word of it 🙂

There’s no good answer to that, Rocky, it’s a bloody awful name and she’s bloody well sticking to it. Mad trout!

You are out of date, Rocky, she is know by the AA affiionados as ‘White Stick’.

81. arnie says:

Bear reminds me of carrots, we prefer While Stick! 🙂

I have been travelling around quite a bit Rocky, having become saddle sore, including NY and back to the UK for short trips with relatives.

Nothing like you with your Vegas and LA trips, of course! 🙂

“bear reminds me of carrots”

Sometimes, arnie, you are quite strange…

And Micky, I believe every word. Unbeaten to the end… you watch.

arnie,

Explain — White Bear (Polar) —— Carrots?

You are as bad as her ladyship! 🙂

Redders
    So are you now back with Jumping Jehosephat or whatever your nag was called?

86. White Bear says:

“Chamberlain, what were you thinking of? You’re not even Polish!” 🙂 🙂 brilliant 🙂 🙂

The mad trout ( 🙂 ) was skiing in -28degrees and ended up with a white frosty beard and moustache. Told the story on AA. GiE started calling me White Beard, which I abbreviated to White Bear, much more cuddly. I hate white stick, because I am going blind I will be using one, but not yet. Yes Rocky, I noticed your long absence, wasn’t the same without you. Glad you are back.

I might change my name to Purple Armadillo…

So Marriner gets off scot free and the incorrect decision can’t be reversed because the ref saw the incident …. but he obviously didn’t?

Sheeesh, the refereeing laws really need a complete overhaul

But that might make arnie think of sprouts… 😦

“the incorrect decision can’t be reversed” – you mean Gibbs stays banned?????

Thankyou for the explanation Evonne.

Would you prefer me to address you by your new “handle” or can I keep on calling you Evonne? Or even Iwona?

According to Arseblog, we are set to appeal the decision and the red card itself

93. White Bear says:

yep, Gibbs stays banned. Could be worse, they could suspend Walcott. After all he is a young black fellow too

Hi Rocky, I’m very confused now. I’ve read contrary reports. You’d think if we wanted the decision rescinded we’d have appealed by now with a game tomorrow. Maybe Arsene is happy to give Gibbs a rest and wants The Ox to play against Swansea?

95. arnie says:

Redders: In my feeble defence, here goes:

Surely Gibbs can’t be banned for a game in such a blatant case of mistaken identity.

It makes a mockery of the entire sport. That cannot be right…

97. White Bear says:

as long as you call me, I don’t care what it is 🙂

seriously though, we have to face up to the fact that we are not very good at all. We had some good results, some lucky escapes and some bloody thrashings this season. We cannot continue like that next year, there are more and more teams getting better and stronger and we will be overtaken by the likes of Everton, Scum or even ManU. Look at Pool, they are flying through the season and I would be delighted if they finished above the Oilers. Sadly, money buys you better chances. Benzema was great last night, wish we had him

98. White Bear says:

but arnie, I am not a polar bear, but a Polish bear 😉

99. arnie says:

Whatever kind of bear, a bear loves carrots. Given the state of our team, you would probably agree that stick is preferable to carrot.

White Stick it is, then. Simples. 🙂

100. RC78 says:

There is a league that is in dire need to sell players…It is the Serie A and few teams in particular need to sell: AC Milan, Inter Milan and Fiorentina. Napoli and Roma will only sell if they can get a lot of cash for one player (Meertens, Hamsik, Insigne are targets for many clubs and Pjanic is on the radar of some top clubs as well).

AC Milan has some talents to be extracted like El Sharawwy, De Sciglio, Abate and even Balotelli.

Inter Milan would be ready to part with Nagamoto, Cambiasso and even Palacio if the right offer came through.

If you want a top right back, De Sciglio and Abate would be wise choices. Same with Nagamoto on the left while El Sharawwy would be a wonderful acquisition since he can play all the positions up front.

I hope that Wenger will look into these players as they will be available if the offer is “OK”.

Nagamoto, De Sciglio or Abate – about 13-15 Mln each
    El Sharawwy – 18 Mln (since he has been out of form lately due to a nagging injury but he is young and will fully recover in the next few weeks)
    Balotelli – 25 Mln

RC78

Please stop mentioning Balotelli. I want us to get some players with real attitude, and he tops my list.

102. RC78 says:

lol Micky…I am not a fan of Balotelli but I think that he could bring something new to the team…albeit he is a total looney

RC
    Loon he certainly is, but a nice one. Phenomenal talent though, and at only 24 he could grow up a bit but keep the “atty” as my daughter calls it.

I think he could be our Cantona.

104. RC78 says:

let us see if Wenger goes for it…I think he s worth the bet

105. RC78 says:

It would be an absolute nightmare if Arsenal lose this because then it would be in Everton’s hands to go above them if Roberto Martinez’s side win all their games. This is a big game for Arsenal and they don’t want to go into the Man City game with their confidence shot.

I would love us to sign Mario. Whether he could integrate into a fast passing team is doubtful but as a lone striker – yes please.

Have we ever had a decent Italian player?

107. RC78 says:

Guyz – Isn’t anyone worried about even finishing 4th? I mean Everton is not far behind and neither is Tottenham…We have to win vs Swansea as mentioned by Merson in his skysports (extract above) article

RC78 Everton have us, MU and MC plus S’ton before season’s end. And away to teams at the bottom of the table who will be difficult to beat – Sunderland and Fulham.

No way will they win every game – but neither will we 😀

109. RC78 says:

I just hope that we will put them away from the Top 4 race by beating them when we face them

Given the evidence of the two home games I would be happy to take a point

111. White Bear !….White Stick !……….I get the impression e va va vonne is more of a……..White Knuckle Ride !. hahaha

Back with a bang, Rocky, much appreciated, cheers.

I do like the optimism but, I suspect your nose was growing longer as you typed the final third of your post. 🙂

Don’t know if anyone’s posted, but Gibbs and Ox available tomorrow.

Vous êtes un tatou pourpre? Weird or what? 🙂

Thanks, Chas.

Rocky the tatou/armadillo is you!

For a glimpse of our team to face Citeh on Saturday, Arsenal Ladies are on this youtube channel at 7 apparently.

Hoogendijk is on the bench. 😦

Juat changing the subject if I may,we keep reading about the war chest we have,the new Puma deal and increased TV revenue for next season,but if I am right to buy a player of Ozil’s class and going rate will cost the club the transfer fee of around 42.5 million, 5 years wages at one would presume would be the highest paid player,the agents, and a few others in the contract,and that amounts to nearly 100 million.

I always understood that these payments were staged over a number of years(Henry and Hleb were definitely paid to us this way) so the question is to attract three or even four quality players to raise us to another level is most probably more than the club can afford or actually want to be in that position next season financially..

We know already some of the of the players leaving, but none will demand high transfer fees but wages will be saved.Any thoughts.

Bloody Nora Chas, just watched the Wimin, and if that Brum No6 sits on any bench, it’ll end in splinters

Kelsey

Are you suggesting we “oil up”, and if Raddy’s reading, no, I am not referring to some sordid Scandinavian type of group hippy lets-all-get-naked and rub each other affair.

121. To those asking for the midfielder, box to box, strong and goalscorer

122. JanMan says:

Thanks to the folks who took the time to write posts yesterday and today. I have stayed away from the papers and from commenting on the blog as I have just been too frustrated, however, I have a few points to bring up, not arguments, just my opinion.

-I cannot agree with comments that the team were not correctly prepared or needed anything drummed into their heads. For Gods sake we are talking full International professional players here, if they don’t know what to do then they should not be playing the game.

-Someone actually made a comment yesterday that Podolski was an inexperienced midfielder, What! a German International with over 100 caps and the German team manager still says Podolski is a valuable member of the German team.

-Injuries, don’t buy into that either, yes they may be a fact but not an excuse.

-Flamini should have started, so what, one player would have made no difference to the performance as none of the players showed up for the game.

– Why is it that against the so called top teams we have been absolutely hammered. 6 from city, 6 from Chelsea, 5 from Liverpool. For each one of those games our team was more than strong enough to compete but on each occasion we failed to show up.

– Agree with Kelsey we cannot keep living in the past and saying I have seen so much worse I have lived through the barren times, Ect. Ect. Sorry the past is the past, we are now talking about today’s modern game, the modern Arsenal.

-I am a huge Wenger fan and I respect so much what he has done for this club but as Kelsey pointed out, is it a case of Wenger now being past his time? Can he do more? Can he lead us into the next phase? I am no longer confident that he can!

-Various team problems have been staring us in the face for several years now but Wenger has for whatever reason not reacted correctly. Goalkeeper, strengthening the midfield, a top striker, yes he has made some adjustments but not enough. As Kelsey said, Özil was not planned it was a last minute opportunity that luckily we were able to react to. The striker issue is the one for me, surely before the winter break Wenger knew how close we were to fighting for the title, not strengthening this area was his biggest failure. The result of signing the Swede was just a joke in my opinion and has no common sense factor.

-I love Arsenal football club. I love Wenger but have we now stagnated, is it time for change? I really don’t know but what I do know is that for the past few years we have had the exact same problems but not real corrective action. Is just qualifying for the CL for 17 years enough? Surely with 17 years of CL experience we should have won the damn thing by now.

-We are now prepared to settle for the F.A. cup and at best hope we make 4th in the EPL. Is this really enough, is this what our expectations should settle for? I don’t think so.

-This is not a knee jerk reaction to losing a gutless performance 6-0 to Chelsea, it is a reaction to a series of events that have been re-occurring over the past few years. I try hard to believe in Wenger and our great team but something is not right!

Jeepers, I’m really not taking this football malarkey seriously enough. There’s a bloomin’ crisis out there.

Will turn over a new leaf tomorrow. Fact.

124. From 2012/13 the first one is a bit Yaya

125. JanMan says:

Micky. Not sure if your comment was aimed at my comment 🙂
    All I am trying to say is that while we are doing good in some areas we cannot continue to turn a blind eye or continue to make excuses for the same re-occurring issues, that’s all. I don’t believe it is a crisis but I do believe there are some things that are just not right!

126. GIE……I said such a thing on another site about Aneke !. On BBC, he is like Toure, down as a midfielder for Crewe and also has 16 goals !. Apart from Campbell in Greece, he is one of few that are doing well on loan .

127. Cockie I have watched him for a while, he could be just the man we are looking for. But he is only 20…..and unless Wenger can find another 28/29 year old to fill the midfield berth while he gets a year in Championship or PL under his belt we may miss out.

The thing i really like is he has gone to Crewe two seasons in a row, and has started and scored well. Okay its 2 tiers down, but i’d rather he plays than sit on the bench like Miquel is at Leicester. What is the point of that? And it shows something about the lad himself that he is prepared to go down a couple of leagues to get experience and hasn’t turned his nose up, or complained that “it isn’t like this at Hale End” etc etc

128. dandan says:

Janman in the words of the song, memories dont leave like people do, whether they are good or bad, they are never something that you’ve had.
    The past is the perfect measuring stick for today. The modern game is still 11 against 11 only technology has changed. The basic game, has been recycled many times and continues to reinvent itself tactically, maybe the answer will be to go back to a defensive mode with Rasp’s power players, Viera and Petit may well be reborn, but whatever happens Chelsea 2014 will for ever be your measuring stick
    Football is what it has always been, a game. 3 points were lost and the memories of that day will live with you for ever, in the future you too to will say after a bad day, still it was not as bad as the Chelsea game. Believe me you will. The future starts tomorrow with three points up for grabs, win and you can start to recuperate, lose and you will be able to judge if it is as bad as Chelsea. 🙂

Even more fail to win the cup this year and you will probably remember Birmingham. I will remember Swindon, Luton, West Ham, Sunderland and many more. Oh yes memories play a big part, Janman the more the merrier it would seem, the bad stick as easily in the mind as the great ones.

129. JanMan says:

dandan. I appreciate your response thank you but perhaps I need to clarify the fact that I am myself over 60 so it is not as though I have not experienced any of those barren times myself 🙂 Your response seemed to have the tone that I am some sort of spring chicken. I wish I was but unfortunately that is not the case 🙂

130. JanMan says:

dandan. Actually, after reading your post one more time I probably should be offended as it sounds like you are talking down to me. However, Seeing as though I am not as young as you perhaps thought, I’ll say no more about it. As you said tomorrow of course is another game and I’ll be as happy as the next person with the three points but that will not change anything that I have said nor will it put everything right. With that said I think it is better if I just say goodnight.

Rocky forgot my manners…..top postage sir.unbeaten tip the end of the season? As long as its not all draws

Personally I think people have every right to be upset and concerned and yes, as Dandan says, it will be forgotten over time but right now it hurts.

“Flamini should have started, so what, one player would have made no difference to the performance as none of the players showed up for the game.” (Janman)

Why do people refer to the game as if it lasted 90 minutes, it didn’t, the game as a competition lasted 15 minutes after that we had the disadvantage of being a man down and trying to analyse a team’s performance under those circumstances is pointless.

If we had started without a goal keeper and conceded three goals in fifteen minutes the reason as to why we were behind would have been very clear.

To me Flamini’s absence has the same logic. Look at how the first two goals came about? We were in an advanced position, Chelsea broke, Arteta couldn’t get back quick enough, thus leaving a huge hole between him and our CBs and bingo we are two goals behind.

Flamini could have, would have, and should have been there.

Look at the line up for the Liverpool thrashing, it’s on AFC.com the parallel is scary.

I blame Wenger completely. It was so, so predictable.

133. dandan says:

Janman I have no wish to talk down to you and perhaps should not have addressed my post to you, if I offended you by doing so I apologise.
    My message was meant to be much more of a generalisation and to highlight that there is a cycle in football that has enabled us amidst our disappointments to recognise that unlike so many other clubs, we have fallen at the final hurdle many times. The bright side being of course we have managed to get close enough to make these spectacular failings more than can be said of so many of the other 90 league clubs.
    Our title of longest serving club in the top division also underpins my contention that we are in for the long run and our collapses are not of the kind that all our top table rivals fans have had to swallow as they lived their Yoyo existence prior to the arrival of the sugar daddies.
    Imagine there is not one blogger who can remember us out of the top league.
    Apologies again, really I should not upset fellow snr fans

134. isa says:

Great post.

135. Sav from Australia says:

Excellent comments and illustrates the quality of AA. A wide spectrum of the goonersphere. I learn a lot and a lot of varied information from the bloggers on here, so a big thank you to all participants.

Particularly appreciated DanDans stoicism. Was a real balm for am aching emotional wound. But as Rocky said, we’re wounded animals so watch out Swans…he he

@RC
    Hope you are right about the Italian clubs needing to sell. Getting some quality bargains to add to the squad would be lovely.

Great comment LB at 11:24

JanMan, just to be clear since you asked, no, it was not directed at you. At one minute apart, impossible, can’t type that fast 🙂

As the “sensibles” say, we’ve had heavy defeats before, but when some of our die hard “goers” start voicing serious concerns, then we have a measured debate on our hands.

One thing keeping us telly fans happy, completely different keeping the Ems regulars happy.

All,

Never, ever, ever take computer advice from Evonne. She is a computer program expert and will know how to stop the wretched software she recommended from popping up.

This is precisely the problems with PC’s. I have never found an expert who speaks English.

Weren’t the first goal against the dippers and the first two against the chavs caused by full backs disappearing up near the opposition’s penalty area?

Micky
    Just uninstall spybot or whatever it was.

Blimey, completely forgot, it’s Match Day.

So, am I right in thinking that because of the ref’s stinker of a decision, The Ox starts. If so, I can’t help but thinking he’s done us a massive favour.

Come on Arsene, play him wide right.

What are your balls telling us Kelsey?

Chas
    Not so simple. I googled the problem with Spyhunter, and I’m not alone in discovering it’s bloody hard to get rid of. Followed all the instructions. Anyway, wish I hadn’t mentioned it. Sorry.

Morning All

Micky thanks for the heads up 6.09.

Can anyone explain why we are getting thrashed? I can understand losing by 2 but are we really 5 goals worse than our competition? I don’t believe we are.

Nor do I believe that the players go out in front of hundreds of millions of viewers around the world and not try. Nor that they are ill-prepared.

Team selection is a factor but the team which took the field was full of quality, each of whom deserves a first team place.

So it must be tactics. Wenger says the buck stops with him and I agree.

But that is in the past and I have a PM to write

Someone has stolen my idea for a post …..

On both occasions, conceding two early goals ripped the bollocks from the team and chasing the game causes the rest. The instructions for the Chelsea game should have been, keep it tight for the first 20.

“Can anyone explain why we are getting thrashed?”

Easy Raddy. Opposition teams that can draw us up the meadow, then have speed on the counter with strikers that shoot accurately.

That, or they don’t need to draw us out, we go walkies and do the job for them.

Helpful? Probably not 🙂

I’d never install any spyware on mine. Must go.

Early goals conceded by being too cavalier.

See you later, GIE.
    Kings Head not Tavern.
    On the corner of Monsell road and Blackstock road.
    Ask peaches if in doubt.
    Laters

Raddy

Read your link, and I’d steer clear
    “But for others, the Reds’ disappointing form this season is a chance to re-evaluate and remind those fellow supporters who have grown cosily accustomed to winning over the last 25 years what it is to be an authentic football fan.
    A lot of the younger supporters have known nothing but success,”

I think he was making a good point until he started on the younger fans. Certainly at Arsenal, it is as much the senior regulars who are cheesed off, based on old Mates and senior Gooners I have met.

Remember my 70 yr old we met in Dortmund. Happy personal life, all going well, travels home and away from Cornwall, absolutely hates the way the club is going. Met more of those in Munich.

Also, much of the foulest abuse I hear on the odd occasion I now go to the Ems is most definitely from the older fan.

Morning Micky,

I have no idea what is wrong with your computer.

If it relates to malware or spyware, you can go to http://www.superantispyware.com and download a free piece of software that will scan your software, isolate (quarantine) crap stuff, and destroy it if you want.

The instructions are on screen, and I think this is recommended by Which magazine.

If this has nothing to do with your ‘little problem’, just stand back and this message will self destruct at the smell of a stale kipper! 🙂

152. Shard says:

Sorry for missing the post yesterday Rocky. A fantastic read as always, and hopefully you are right. I certainly believe we can go unbeaten the rest of the season, but I am interested to see what team is put out today, and how they play. We’re still a good side. But we need to show it every single time now. I said to a friend a few weeks ago that I’m more worried about Chelsea than City when we play against them. Despite City having the better players, I think when we play them, we seem like the better team. Our styles of play are similar (not exactly the same) and I think that suits us more than how Chelsea set up.

Raddy, I think that BBC link is pretty good. I agree with Micky about it not being an age-related thing (which the article quoted someone as saying it being about having a brain 🙂 ) I personally feel Arsenal have faced, at least for a period of 3 years in between, the kind of media coverage that I can only describe as propaganda. That is bound to affect the old, as well as the young. As for the reverse, where immediate success is supposed to bring happiness, I know a Chelsea fan who isn’t as much of a fan anymore. He’ll still see some of their games and cheer for them, he’ll check the results, but he’s not emotionally invested in the team and doesn’t truly identify with it.

I think LB at 11:24 was correct.

The only thing I would add, is that we weakly lost the ball in midfield for both the first two goals.

154. Shard says:

Let’s hope that weakly performance isn’t a weekly affair.

Is it safe for me to address you RA?

155. Cheers Chas, i will google it now so i know where i’m heading, hoping for a good day with client in MK then off to Pboro, and getting the train to Kings X from there.

So with that plan in my head, best get out of the door

156. Just realised being an idiot i can get of train at Finsbury Park….superb

I think the root of most of the dissatisfaction is Wenger. 18 years is such a long time. Even when we are doing well we are only ever one bad result away from meltdown.
    His footballing philosophy appearing to be weak in the face of strong opposition time and again, and with exactly the same consequences, has produced a subset of supporters who want him gone. The numbers appear to be growing too.
    Personally I always support whoever is in the hot seat and who pull on the red and white shirt. Can’t see much point in doing anything else.

158. White Bear says:

No LB, last Saturday will not be forgotten with time. And I am sure that the Chavs will remind us from time to time

Chas – that’s not the point. All of us will support the manager in charge. The question is – would you rather it wasn’t Wenger?

Now on Mobile so last comment for a bit.

Wise words Chas. Well put.

Change the things you can and what not otherwise sit back and enjoy the ride as best you can

Still enjoy the pub style chat. What if I were the chairman or God and so on 🙂

Chas. Right. I even supported Bruce Rioch!

Hi Shard,

I tried to contact you on a couple of other sites you sometimes frequent, as you had temporarily given AA a break.

My purpose was to apologise for my intemperate comment to you, and I did leave such a message on one of them in the hope you would see it – to the puzzlement of others I suspect. 🙂

I have a fiery temper on occasion, but fortunately it blows over in seconds/minutes.

Apologies are in order, and I am happy to do so.

Please continue to chat with me on AA, and naturally I will always be happy to argue with you — although we usually agree! 😀

Morning all

My balls are undecided.

I would Fab in goal just to waken Szs a bit and with Kos missing,yet another reshuffle.
    We usually bounce back after a heavy defeat but the positive is that as the whole lot didn’#t turn up at Chelsea they will be fresh.

You can read it anyway you want but Wenger not giving a pre match conference is to say strange, not his norm and quite honestly I didn’#t expect him to berate the players publically but I think he maybe thinking that he gave strict instructions how to play especially in the first 20/30 minutes and they all told him to feck off 🙂

Shard,

You referred to the ‘age related’ comment I made to BR yesterday.

I had responded to his comment that there was a ‘schism’ between bloggers on AA.

I did not agree, and opined that a multiplicity of opinions was to be expected in a healthy public forum, and with DanDan and GN5 always supportive of the club and the management, I said that in part it could simply be an age related thing.

That was obviously subjective and was not intended to be exclusive – in fact it was just a throw away comment to explain why I thought ‘schism’ was too strong a word.

Rasp misunderstood that, and in the way of these things, you later took him at face value – whereas the person to whom it was addressed rarely ever corresponds with me anyway. How droll! 🙂

164. White Bear says:

ooooh RA, what did you say to Shard you horrible man?

it is bloody difficult trying to type while balancing the laptop on top of the pug

165. White Bear says:

LB – do you think AW will change the tactics for Saturday? I don’t think I can bare another humiliation.

I have a second team I am supporting till the rest of the season, come on Shitty!!!!

166. Shard says:

RA

Your comment was a trigger, though not the only reason by any means, to give up blogging for a few days, and even after that when I did comment, I barely read any other comments on any site.

But just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in 🙂

I accept your apology RA, and am very glad that I can still hope to call you my friend.

What age thing.I and norfolk to an extent take a different view to Dandan and GN5. Nothing wrong with that,yet we all support the club, since the trams were the only form of transport.

I hope the headline tomorrow isn’t Wenger’s Swan Song 🙂

Friendship surmounts the ups and downs of life, Shard – that’s why it is friendship, and I value my friends like you. 🙂

Got to go – appointments, appointments!

170. Shard says:

RA

Have you heard of the term ‘facepalm’?

That’s what your 8.30 comment induced me to do. This is almost full circle hilarity. Once again, like the original comment which caused a problem, I did not refer to the age ‘schism’ due to a comment you made (although I had read that) but because the BBC article that Raddy linked to referenced it, and micky referenced it in turn. As you have told me many times, ‘everything is not about you’. 😀

171. Shard says:

Ol chief white bear.. I agree with you about cheering City on to the title if Arsenal cannot win it, but I also find that hypocrisy amusing..(I mean my hypocrisy, and maybe most Arsenal supporters in general) I mean I claim to be against Oilers and their distorting effect, yet I’d choose City over Liverpool. Why? I think only because a Liverpool victory leaves us feeling like we’re left behind. Plus it’s fun to talk about years since Liverpool last won the title 🙂

Although Manchester Shitty and Liverpoo are still both excrement 🙂

172. White Bear says:

Shard 🙂 No, I said yesterday that if not us, then I would like Pool to win it. Also, to my defence is the fact that I think that the sheiks became rich in a not-criminal way (sort of honest), as opposed to that crook Abramovitch. Also, Peligrini seems a nice guy, Maureen isn’t. No, I am not a hypocrite, just have a wrapped way of thinking, fuzzy polish logic

Match day!!!!!!!!!

We have a New Post …………………

174. Vinay says:

Optimism is nice, reality is harsh. We really need to win all our remaining games starting today and even then that may not be enough to help us finish in the top 3, how sad considering the fact that we were in the reckoning to win the damn league itself.
    A deep sense of pain exists in all of us and a win or two or 8 maybe the only relief, of course winning the FA cup now is mandatory.

175. stevepalmer1 says:

Blinding post, I was begining to feel that Arsenal was finished, and by the sound of some supporters we were looking at future football in the lower leagues.

Yes we had our arses well and truly spanked, we have been humiliated and our Manager has has been dugout b y a man that keeps finding ready made teams. Its easy for a cretin like him to cast aspursions on our manager who very seldom retaliates. Maureen may last a couple of seasons but he will never find really hard times as he will be off for another ready made team.

Arsene Wenger in my eyes has many faults and, he could be hounded out if things do not get better, Wenger will undoubtedly walk should he feel that the supporters and the players are not happy with their lot., But is it solely down to Wenger,

I honestly cannot see Wenger not buying if he has the money, he knows who is who, he also knows who out there who could make us better overnight, Why doesn’t he get them. Money that’s why, Arsenal are fond of telling us all that they are sitting pretty, there’s money there for the manager to spend if he so wants, plenty of money. Don’t believe a word of it.

When and if Wenger ever does leave i believe his book will come out disclosing all the secrets that Arsenal have hidden from the fans, all the jobs he turned down as he wanted to finish what he started. With sponsors money starting to trickle through things should start to improve but sadly not enough or quick enough to save a man that bleeds Arsenal