Arsenal’s Tomorrow Man

Today, my dear chums, is me at my most generous.

I can’t quite believe I am doing this, but I am giving some of you the opportunity of joining us few in the elite “I told you so” camp. Your chance to grab some of the end of season Bragging Rights.

The last two days have seen great posts by Rocky and Raddy discussing how some of our players have improved. They also gave one or two of you a satisfying “I told you so” moment in the sun.

Okedoke, now for some crystal ball gazing and predictions. Today you set down in print who you feel will be the most improved player between now and the end of the season.

In some ways, this is the inverse of yesterdays. Aaron cannot possibly win this one, and indeed any player that was close yesterday, ie Mert, Kierran or Mozart, are unlikely to top this one either.

These are some of the lines of thinking I shall be following when making my guess:

Who’s likely to be called into action, and given the chance to stake his claim?

The likely candidates here will most likely get their chance where the first team have their weak spots, or injury critical areas. For me, central defence, defensive midfield and striker.

Here may lie my ace card. Verm. Surely he’ll be getting his chance. He may just be the man.

Can Jack learn to move the ball faster, thus avoiding collisions, and ensuring team thrust, as well as grabbing a First XI “must start” berth?

If we sign a striker, will that enable certain players to push on to the next level, like Mesut?

If Ollie gets clobbered, and we sign no-one in January, then might Podolski shine?

Same above, but how about Theo blossoming through the middle?

The Ox. Might get a game and simply become irreplaceable.

If Kos or Mert have a longtermer, will AW push Bac central, giving Jenks the chance to grab the “most improved” trophy?

On the back of Sz’s superb form, we now have the terrible prospect of OPIG receiving a knock. Could Fabianski prove to be the “man of the moment”?

Where do I stand? Well, I’m not going to stick my neck out yet. I’ll read some thoughts in the comments, and then commit. My gut feeling is that it will be between Verm, Jack, Theo or Podolski. However, I might vote Mesut.

Written by MickyDidIt89

141 Responses to Arsenal’s Tomorrow Man

1. Räsp says:

Thanks Micky, excellent! another chance to vote. Unfortunately my option is not available 😦

My vote would have been for Theo, but not centrally, he’s far more effective out wide. He could have had 3 or 4 goals before his injury and was thriving on Ozil’s early and precise delivery. If he can get fit again and bag a couple of goals in the first few games, I can see him getting into double figures again this season.

Incidentally, its bizarre that the pundits have completely written him off as a candidate for Brazil? Apparently that greedy, shoot from anywhere Dross Townshend is guaranteed the right midfield slot 🙄

Yes Micky my option isn’t available either.

In terms of showing the most improvement until the end of the season (purely in Arsenal terms) there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it will be Ozil.
    We know he is world class but needs adjusting time and I am sure by the end of the season we will be more in awe then ever with the man.

Whoa Rasp und Kelsey

Rasp: I merely suggested Theo may grab the headlines playing central. He may surprise us all and grab top spot playing left back. Can you delete the “central” from the ballot sheet

Kelsey
    Quick my man. Have a go at Rasp. Ozil should clearly be there, and if anyone comes up with other suggestions like Park, for example, by merely registering the word “Park” in the comments would allow them to grab the “told you so”

Apologies for rushing this post and not making things clearer, but I blame Rasp.

I like the Ozil option as well. In his absence I voted for Theo though like Rasp I cannot believe he will play centrally under Wenger.

Let Townsend get the plaudits, it just gives the swamp dwellers another reason to cry when he turns out to be another Aaron Lemon 😀

By the way Kelsey, I agree with you about Mesut.

However, whether those around him learn fast enough how, when and where to move/run will determine how quickly we see the best of him. This is why I’m not nailing him on for this title as his increased level of performance is so dependant on others.

I’m still thinking.

ooops. Should have read the above (10.13) before getting lippy with the keyboard

Oh crikey, not you as well Raddy

I clearly state “These are some of the lines of thinking I shall be following”. Doesn’t mean you all have to think the same way.

Please someone help these lost souls and delete “central” from the Theo option.

8. Räsp says:

Hi Micky, I don’t think I can change the poll now, it would have to be a hole new poll. I shall delete the word centrally from my mind 😛

If Rasp is gone for the day, this is going to get very boring.

10. Räsp says:

Aha, I’ve done it, the ‘centrally’ is gone 🙂

11. Räsp says:

While I’m being picky, there should always be an A.N.Other option for pedants like me 😆

Oi, I didn’t make the poll sheet 🙂

Ah, that’s good, thanks. Poor Mesut, I say 😦

Mind you, the clever and bold, can still say “Mesut” and register.

14. Räsp says:

Ah I see, that’s what happens when amateurs get involved 😆

I’m trying to add 2 further options but its not letting me now

I do think Jack is on the verge of a major breakthrough.

I have a feeling he has been slightly over awed by the dramatic progress of Ramsey, and as a result is trying to do too much.

Playing it simple is often the best option. I reckon he has all the tools to really push on and his eagerness to impress is his biggest handicap.

He was, after all, a major player in the greatest team goal I have ever seen, and it was his swift pass, move and finish that was instrumental

16. Räsp says:

OK, all done …. thank you for an excellent post Micky 😛

Be firm and manly with the controls Rasp 🙂

Thank you for a superb and professional ballot paper Rasp 🙂

Bloody hell. Now my vote is irrevocably cast and the manifesto upon which I made my selection has been altered.

Call this Democratic? This is rigged and I will have nothing whatsoever to do with it ( 🙂 )

Both Santi and Nachos spent the week in Africa and have a long journey home. Hope both are firing come Saturday

21. Danny says:

I’m still trying to decide if it’s good for us that France qualified. From one point of view, our French players will have to play well to guarantee that they’ll be picked for the trip to Brazil. From the other point of view, if France hadn’t qualified then these players (Koscielny, Giroud, Sagna maybe Flamini, Diaby?) would have no future distractions and then could just go all out for us.
    Maybe it’s a win-win situation for us but I’m just not sure.

Howdo, Micky. 🙂

Re. your earlier comment, I blame Rasper too. I am not sure what he is being blamed for, but as a matter of princiiple it is always a good thing to do so.

I also take exception to your comment to the effect that anyone voting yesterday would be unable to vote for the same player today, with the unspoken caveat that to do so would reveal the voter as a loon.

Given that I voted for Ozil yesterday and also feel he is the best choice today, I feel outed as a loon, which is someone inclined to sit watching the moon and barking at it in a carefree ululation of mournful joy.

Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion! ooooooluooolooue…….

23. Räsp says:

Hi Redders, of course I am to blame. I have long suffered from Bloghausen by Proxy, I am also prescient and therefore would like now to accept full responsibilty for everything that will be going wrong in the future 😛

Women always think they know better.

………………………………………………………………………………………

In a Chicago hospital, a gentleman had made several attempts to get into the men’s restroom, but it had always been occupied.
    A nurse noticed his predicament.

Sir, she said ‘ You may use the ladies room if you promise not to touch any of the buttons on the wall.’

He did what he needed to, and as he sat there he noticed the buttons he had promised not to touch.
    Each button was identified by letters: WW , WA , PP, and a red one labeled ATR..

Who would know if he touched them?

He couldn’t resist.. He pushed WW. Warm water was sprayed gently upon his bottom.

What a nice feeling, he thought. Men’s restrooms don’t have nice things like this.

Anticipating greater pleasure, he pushed the WA button. Warm air replaced the warm water, gently drying his underside.

When this stopped, he pushed the PP button. A large powder puff caressed his bottom adding a fragile scent of spring flower to this unbelievable pleasure.. The ladies restroom was more than a restroom, it is tender loving pleasure.

When the powder puff completed its pleasure, he couldn’t wait to push the ATR button which he knew would be supreme ecstasy.

Next thing he knew he opened his eyes, he was in a hospital bed, and a nurse was staring down at him.

‘What happened?’ he exclaimed. The last thing I remember was pushing the ATR button.

‘The button ATR is an Automatic Tampon Remover

Your penis is under your pillow.’

If only – MEN WOULD LISTEN

____

It never ceases to amaze me how people continually come up with really good ideas for posts. Thanks Micky.

What about Gnabry?

Isn’t this just the truth!

………………………………………………………………………………….

During a lady’s medical examination, the doctor says:- “Your heart, lungs, pulse and blood pressure are all fine. Now let me see the bit that gets you ladies into all kinds of trouble.”

The lady starts taking off her underwear but is interrupted by the doctor.

“No! No! Don’t take off your clothes… Just stick out your tongue!”

That is a funny joke GN5

If only men would listen.

A guy broke into my apartment last week. He didn’t take my TV, just the remote.

Now he drives by and changes the channels. Sick bastard!!

Nothing “funnier” than your comments LB

30. arnie says:

Fantastic stuff, Micky. I love this vote thing, now more than ever. There are already 78 votes today. Yesterday, there were 287! Imagine that! Almost 300 Arsenal fans or at least interested people reading the AA post and voting! Thats assuming no one cheated, of course! 😀 😀 Out of these, how many commented on the post. Maybe around 10%. Apart from the fun of voting, this is actually a great way to engage many people. Absolutely fantastic!

Only just went through the morning banter. People in great form, I see! Kelsey, Micky, Raddy, et al.,, and the pick of the lot – Raddy! Fantastic straight talk. Absolutely love it!!!! 😀 😀 😀

OK, on today’s vote. I have not yet looked at the comments. My idea was to vote first (which I have done), then explain my vote or absence of (which I am doing now), on to reading comments next. It is a pity my option was not there! It would be Gnabry. I really like the chap, his attitude, gutsy character, pleasant personality, and most importantly he offers us a direct approach into the box. Which I find distinct from everyone else. Yes, Ozil, Szcz, Giroud, Rambo have already showed their hands, Wilshere somewhat the same, and we know somewhat what to expect from Theo, Poldi, Verms, The Ox, when they return to full flow. I think the player we knew nothing about and I personally have been impressed with is Gnabry. We dont even know how far he can go this year, but given the trajectory, I put my money on Gnabry being the tomorrow man!!!! 😀 😀

31. arnie says:

Ok, just seen LB’s !:04 now. 😀 😀 😀

32. 26may1989 says:

Well done, that west country gourmet.

Not that I’m certain re the precise question here – I’m sure that each of Theo, the Ox, Verm, Poldi and LJ will have major influences on the season. But assuming that we mean which player not currently in the Arsenal limelight will shine most in the latter stages of the season (or do most to drive our challenge forward), I’d probably plump for Theo.

His return will have a major impact. The thought that he gets pegged below Townsend beggars belief. But then some pundits have the short term memory of goldfish with attention deficit disorder.

But like Rasp, to me Theo will always be best as an inside forward/winger, not a striker.

It was gutting to see the Ox get injured so early in the season – having laid some foundations last season, this really felt like it was going to be his break through year. He’ll have to take a step or two back in order to build up again, but I’m still optimistic that he’ll do some great stuff for us this season.

Likewise, Podolski will do a lot for us this season, there will be some important goals the psycho one gets or creates.

33. 26may1989 says:

“One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me is nothing to watch.” Zlatan speaks.

34. Räsp says:

“some pundits have the short term memory of goldfish with attention deficit disorder” …. brilliant!

I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong,

Especially after what he achieved, winning 7 Tour de France races, whilst on drugs.

When I was on drugs, I couldn’t even find my frig’n bike.

Condoms don’t guarantee safe sex anymore…..

A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot by the woman’s husband.

arnie. I am surprised how few of the readers bother to vote. I would expect at least a thousand voters and often more.

GN5. Keep ’em coming …

At a Scottish wedding all of the married men were asked to stand next to the one person who has made your life worth living.”

The bartender was almost crushed to death.

On the morning that Daylight Savings Time ended I stopped in to visit my aging friend.

He was busy covering his penis with black shoe polish.

I said to him, “You better get your hearing checked – You’re supposed to turn your clock back”.

Just got scammed out of $25. Bought Tiger Woods DVD entitled “My Favourite 18 Holes”.

Turns out it’s about golf. Absolute waste of money! Pass this on so others don’t get scammed.

GN5

The Lance Armstrong joke is a cracker 🙂

Hells Teeth 26

You of all people having trouble with the small print.

“Not that I’m certain re the precise question here”

Here it is. Maybe lift those cloth flaps away from the ears yer Lordship, and listen in.

“Today you set down in print who you feel will be the most improved player between now and the end of the season”

Does everything have to be in Latin for you legal eagles?

What a poser Mickey!

(The Post that is, not you 🙂 )

I pondered Podolski, wondered about Wilshere, evaluated Vermaelen but in the end opted for Oxo. He, I feel, will have a storming second half of the season and could do for us what Freddie did in 2002.

Gn5
    You’re on fine form today 🙂

LB

Gnabry is a most excellent choice. Really good. Cunning, because he clearly has the favour of our leader and also can play a multitude of roles, so his opportunities to gleam will be greater.

Best vote of the day so far in my “hand stitched, so soft calves leather” book.

Unbelievable, and I thought this was a football blog 😉

Oh at bloody last.

Thank you so much Rocky. Straight, elegant, intuitive and uncomplicated answer to my simple question 🙂

Kelsey,
    Seriously, I’m doing my best, but it’s an uphill struggle I tell ya. 🙂

Three cheers for GN5.

Actually, if some of you don’t back off the slight fogginess of my offering, then I’ll threaten you. Two days left to fill, and do them both. Watch it 🙂

LB one can choose between having fun or being sarcastic, I prefer fun, fortunately those who try to provoke me through disguised sarcasm usually fail.

Doctor asks pregnant prostitute, “do you know who the father is?”

She replies “For goodness sake, if you ate a can of beans would you know which one made you fart?

The FBI had an opening for an assassin .
    After all the background checks, interviews and testing were done, there were 3 finalists;

Two men and a woman.

For the final test, the FBI agents took one of
    The men to a large metal door and handed
    him a gun.

‘We must know that you will follow your
    Instructions no matter what the circumstances.

Inside the room you will find your wife sitting
    in a chair . . . kill her!!’

The man said, ‘You can’t be serious. I could
    never shoot my wife.’

The agent said, ‘Then you’re not the right man
    for this job. Take your wife and go home.’

The second man was given the same instructions.
    He took the gun and went into the room. All was
    quiet for about 5 minutes.

The man came out with tears in his eyes, ‘I tried,
    but I can’t kill my wife..’ The agent said, ‘You don’t
    have what it takes. Take your wife and go home.’

Finally, it was the woman’s turn. She was given the
    same instructions, to kill her husband. She took the
    gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one
    after another. They heard screaming, crashing,
    banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was
    quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the
    woman, wiping the sweat from her brow.

‘This gun is loaded with blanks’ she said.

‘I had to beat him to death with the f # cking chair.’

Nice one Micky

Got to be Wilshere for me.

So much talent, yet at the moment his running style resembles a man whose narrowly escaped the clutches of Julian Clary.

Surely by the end of the season we will see the real Wilshere?

55. JanMan says:

I thought that I would re post my comment from a couple of days ago 🙂

Maybe it would help if we all took a look at ourselves (myself included) and perhaps not take everything so personal and stop looking for hidden meanings in every little thing that is said everything may run a little smoother. Those who are personal friends should keep personal issues of off the blog if they do not want anyone else to pass further comments as at the end of the day it is football blog and not a lonely hearts club blog I hold my hands up to my mistakes and hope that others are man or woman enough to do the same! Cyber hand shakes all around
    Rocky, thank you for a great post today.

I cannot let you get away with that GN5 —

A man gradually woke up stiff as a plank in the hospital’s ICU, tubes up his nose and down his throat, with wires monitoring every function, and all around his head, there was a hell of a pain, but best of all, there was a gorgeous nurse was hovering over him.

It was obvious to him that he had been in a serious accident.

The nurse looked deep and steady into his eyes, and then he heard her slowly say, “You may not feel anything from the waist down.”

With a determined mumble in reply he said, “Can I feel your tits, then?”

Always look on the bright side!! 🙂

57. Räsp says:

Yes, but who did you vote for JanMan? 🙂

58. JanMan says:

Rasp. Previous vote was for Ramsey as he has done so much this year but he is followed very closely by SZ in goal.
    As for today’s vote, well that is tough as we still have a way to go. With that said Ramsey may still be the one but it is a team effort so if we end up winning the league then I would vote for the entire team 🙂 🙂

GN5

I had better tell you this one before DanDan pinches it. 🙂

A young cowboy was sitting in a saloon one Saturday night when he recognized an elderly man standing at the bar who, in his day, had been the fastest gun in the West.

The cowboy took a place next to the old-timer, bought him a drink and told him of his great ambition to be a great shot…

‘Could you give me some tips?’ he asked deferentially.

The old man said, ‘Well, for one thing, you’re wearing your gun too high – tie the holster a little lower down on your leg.’

‘Will that make me a better gunfighter?’ asked the cowboy.

‘Sure will ‘

The young man did as he was told, stood up, whipped out his Colt 44 and shot the bow tie off the piano player.

‘That’s terrific!’ said the cowboy. ‘Got any more tips?’

‘Yep,’ said the old man. ‘Cut a notch out of your holster where the hammer hits it – that’ll give you a smoother draw’

‘Will that make me a better gunfighter?’ asked the young man.

‘You bet it will,’ said the old-timer.

The young man took out his knife, cut the notch, stood up, drew his gun in a blur, and then shot a cufflink off the piano player.

‘Wow!’ exclaimed the cowboy ‘I’m learnin’ somethin’ here. Got any more tips?’

The old man pointed to a large can in a corner of the saloon. ‘See that axle grease over there? Coat your gun with it.’

The young man smeared some of the grease on the barrel of his gun.

‘No,’ said the old-timer, ‘I mean smear it all over the gun, handle and all…’

‘Will that make me a better gunfighter?’ asked the young man..

‘Nope,’ said the old-timer, ‘but when Wyatt Earp gets done playing the piano, he’s gonna shove that gun up your ass, and it won’t hurt as much.’

60. evonne says:

Micky @2:34 – was my 1:47 too complicated for you 🙂

GN5

I thought your jokes today have been very funny, nothing sarcastic about that, I also thought the joke about Justin Beiber was funny. It’s important to maintain a sense of humour don’t you think? Hip, hip.

62. JanMan says:

Some great jokes on here today 🙂 🙂

63. evonne says:

LB – can I have your address please, so that I can post that wooden spoon to you?

64. dhakka09 says:

A very interactive post Micky. For me, I can look no further than Theo-Ozil telepathy (even if it places me on a gang of ‘told you so’ and not a one-man-act that I’d have loved to take credit for). Ozil and Theo are like yin and yang; one completes the another. We’ll see best of both at each other’s company. Mark my words 🙂

Nice post, Micky.

I’d vote for Theo but only if he’s blossoming through the middle.

66. 26may1989 says:

Micky:

“Adscribam qui maxime amplio ludio ludius erit Iam tempus, finem inter.”

Now, isn’t that better?

Quod Theo.

🙂

67. evonne says:

26 – did they swear in Latin?

My list remains unchanged.

Nil illegitimi carborundum

Is Theo going to sign for Inter?

71. 26may1989 says:

Don’t know, evonne, but a quick Google check threw up this: http://www.youswear.com/index.php?language=Latin.

My favourite is “Mater tua caligas gerit”, meaning “Your mother wears army shoes.”

A grandson asks his grandma:
    – Hey grandma, have you seen my LSD tabs?

Grandma replies: No but have you seen that dragoon in the kitchen?

Understood Chas’s latin. Was the old school motto.

74. Kind of an intimidating display today ! I guess nearly two weeks without league games gets on the nerves…

I’d have to back for Theo, I just love the guy. No one else was more deserving of the #14 in my opinion. Every time I watch that “return of the King” video (no, not the one with the Hobbits), I just get the chill when I see them both on the line, about to enter… And another digression. I’d have to back for Theo then, because I really think that what we just saw, these past 11 games, was only but a prelude to a completely different Premier League. And I see Theo shine bright, veeeeeeeeery bright !!! Now touch your screens, brothers and sisters !

Pathetic attempts to be funny apart (humor lost in translation maybe), the return of our two wingers is, in my opinion, going to unveil to the entire world the true Arsenal. No more “what can I do with the barely 18 un-crippled guys I have” patch up style. Bonjour pace, dribbling, long shoot ! Of course on top of the always amazing passing play the world envy us for. Why Theo and not Poldi ? Because I can still see Santi playing on the left from time to time, while Theo is gonna stick to his right side for the rest of the season. I think even though he was injured, he had the time to study how Özil interacts with the team and hopefully he will now burry most of the fantastic assists he gets from him. Meanwhile, it is also true that I’d like to see more of Gnabry. And I think he’s gonna be very important to the team, also because he’s gonna be the motivation for Theo to transcend himself. Some people pointed out how Gnabry was more disciplined in getting back in defense than Theo and I think the simple existence of Serge is gonna be the mirror where Theo sees his flaws to correct them…

Kind of got carried away, désolé.

I will end with a quote of the funniest French man that ever existed :
    “I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.”

Guy goes into the doctor’s. “Doc, I’ve got a cricket ball stuck up my backside.” How’s that?”

Now don’t you start.”

Chas,

I don’t know who you were referring to – but they sure won’t get me down.

Now when I studied Latin, 26, I was told it was a logical and practical language which would be a help with my other studies and life in general.

As I could not make head nor tail of your Latin phraseology my suspicion that I was being lied to and that it was a waste of time seem to have been borne out.

This has been confirmed in recent times by my avid reading of footie blogs, where it can be seen that the truth of the Law of Logical Argument, with which you will be familiar, states that anything is possible if you do not know what you are talking about is amply demonstrated on a daily basis. 🙂

GN5

Do you keep a family “list” where behaviour is monitored at all times?
    ROLF

Another ” Cooperism”

So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me “Can you give me a lift?” I said “Sure, you look great, the world’s your oyster, go for it.’

GN5

I think we have everything clear now. My olive branch at 1.06 was thrown back in my face by you at 1.09.

Fair enough, some people are simply not meant to get on.

81. Victoria Concordia Crescit

Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other “Your round.” The other one says “So are you, you fat git”

Our school motto was
    Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
    which translates as
    To the Greater Glory of Dennis.

RA,

I had an Latin/English book on translation but I couldn’t understand the English.

“The List” reminds me of some comedy film with Robert De Niro. He was an ex CIA control freak father-in-law who monitored everything with tracking devices, cameras and so on, from a secret hq inside a motor home 🙂

86. 今日のコメントってなんかめちゃくちゃじゃねぇか。

Your name vill also go on ze list……….

I always thought my old school Latin thing translated as:
    “Get into my study Didit. Cane time”

Ooops, school run.

لا تدع الأوباش ارتداء بانخفاض لكم

GN5,

I used to try out some pig Latin on here which I found hysterically funny. [Pig = made up nonsense] 🙂

After several hours of blogging and attempting a little humor today, I had one response from Rasper and few comments from you I might as well have been conversing with the wall.

Conclusion? It seems I know nothing about humour, and blogging on AA is a solo activity! 🙂

92. Monty Python had figured out RVP long ago !

Minstrel: [singing] Brave Sir Robin ran away…
    Sir Robin: *No!*
    Minstrel: [singing] bravely ran away away…
    Sir Robin: *I didn’t!*
    Minstrel: [singing] When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.
    Sir Robin: *I never did!*
    Minstrel: [singing] Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out.
    Sir Robin: *Oh, you liars!*
    Minstrel: [singing] Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Sir Robin.

RA,

It is indeed a solo activity, my posts are ignored by most but frankly I don’t try to be acceptable to others, I like to speak my mind even if it makes waves.

I have completely lost the thread as what is going on here today. Rasp any idea ?

95. evonne says:

chill out kelsey, we are just having a silly Wednesday 🙂

26 – and your Dad wears stilettos!

Oh RA,

Don’t be so sensitive, my dear. Trying writing a post and have people not even acknowledge it. 🙂

I would always acknowlege your posts RA if I could understand them 🙂

Your response at 5:13 is perfectly understandable.

For myself I am gregarious by nature and enjoy a chat, and like you I tend to say what is in my mind at the time, and do not deliberately intend to offend.

Of course I may be mistaken as to whether or not I succeed in this as I can sometimes go for days of commenting on AA and hardly have any responses in return.

Are the rest of the guys trying to tell me something? 🙂

Kelsey,

RA could not be accused of being being succinct, but his explanations are incredibly precise.

Oddly enough Kelsey, my friend, I feel the same! 🙂

101. Räsp says:

Hi Kelsey … not a Scooby? … but its been entertaining all the same 😕

RA,

I wrote that as you were typing yet another precise response.

Off out now – but I forewarn everybody – I will be back.

103. JanMan says:

What’s all this talk about lists……

Et mihi est albumius vocavit non dabitus stercorius 🙂 🙂

104. JanMan says:

GN5. Regardless of any issues you have with me I would like to congratulate you on your sense of humor. You have posted some classic jokes today 🙂 Many of which I have copied and pasted to send to friends.

Don’t tell him, Pike 😀

GN5 🙂

I must declare a certain self interest here.

After years of dealing with clients, banks, and other professionals, and producing management reports, training manuals and the like, in which eminently sharp, short, minimalist correspondence is de rigeur, it is a contrasting delight to luxuriate in using the English language in any way I feel like.

On this blog with its normally friendly, interesting and amusing inhabitants I have felt at home. But perhaps I have taken them too much for granted and they have become bored with my waffle.

Lesson learned. 🙂

You are getting more sensitive than me RA 😉

RA. I love your waffle. Anyone can write short and to the point whereas you have the ability to confound us with your extraordinary English

JanMan, so you did not like my jokes then? 🙂 Just GN5’s? 🙂

This means war!!! 🙂

Kelsey, you dear old sausage, you are entitled to be sensitive given your experiences.

I think you mistake my inherent impatience [which I am ashamed of 🙂 ] for sensitivity. I really am a shit!! 😳

Thank you, Raddy, quite undeserved. 🙂

I know this is a bit left field but….

We know that Adebayor is very good for half a season whilst he tries to get a contract. Right now he is not even getting onto the bench at the Shithole, so why not give him an out?

We could do worse and he knows the way to the ground.

OK …… it was only a passing thought 😦

112. JanMan says:

RA. Well yours were good also 🙂 but GN5 had some real classics!

Loan to a rival Raddy,Levy would never sanction that and a reported 100/150 K a week.

What is left field,by the way

Sorry RA it’s not often I get to master a master. By the way regardless of the length I always enjoy both your jokes and posts, just wish my command of English was as superb as yours.

It’s where my mum found me Kelsey.

I bought some HP sauce the other day.

Crickey, it’s costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

MD89,

I am one who has not acknowledged your post. There is no intent to be rude it’s simply that I don’t participate in that type of poll.
    However I do enjoy the vast majority of what you write and find you to be one of the better contributor’s. here on AA.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn’t find any.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks.

They charged one and let the other one off.

A man walked into the doctor’s, The doctor said ‘I haven’t seen you in a long time’

The man replied, ‘I know I’ve been ill’.

Oh, like moses GN5

122. Hi im still alive in Swansea
    Sheep

Adebayor

Ah, now there’s a name, I was thinking about writing a mischievous post about him being more skilful than Giroud (which he is) but then, I thought, who would really want that lazy arsed Bar Steward.

124. jnyc says:

Micky,
    theo taking advantage of ozils through balls, and vice versa. Its what Mesuts been missing so far. No speed around him to lead the ball to.

Adebayor?

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Nooooooooooooooooo!

BR – have you been on the schnapps?

Some great jokes today. Thanks chaps.

When I write comments I never expect to be answered… Hmmmm…. Does that make me boring, self-obsessed or just a bit tragic?

……….or just confident, unassuming and self-sufficient.

#

#

Motning Chas.

Been up working since three. Usual routine. Coffee, headphones on, youtube music and crack on.

I was ROLFING reading the comments below one recording. Remember, this was Bach’s Cello Suite No. 1 in G.

“tis is lain bullshit jus billshit why do u thing tis is sum good shit it is 2 long nd they are no rymes or rhtyms in tis. theyr no lyrics abot thinks make tha girlies get on tha flor wit u or any sweet grids or luv nd respect. how tha fuck d u dance 2 tis shit lol?”

and then this:

“Godfuckingdamn dis shit is off da chain his dynamics are exquisite and his sense of tone is the shitballs!!1 hes prolly playd dis sooo many fuckin times its apparent wit how deadnuts on his intonation is while still doin it effortlessly its like his body disappears and just Mother Music is flowing in from different dimensions or sumshit”

Cannot wait to go to some new product meeting. Jump into full three piece tweeds, best Queens English and describe a great idea as “off da chain and da shitballs”, or how a bad product will never get “tha girlies get on tha flor wit u”

Haha, da shitballs.

Off to work, eek.

Oh blimey Chas
    “or just confident, unassuming and self-sufficient” if that comment doesn’t start a riot, nothing will 🙂

Bollocks, we could have had breakfast together.
    Back to me headphones.

SurfDude. That comment was off da chain an MML

135. Räsp says:

Motning all,

I’m sure you’ve read it already, there are reports that after the crowd trouble at Napoli v Marseilles, our game could be played behind closed doors – I presume that means no away supporters either?

136. Räsp says:

We have a treat from chas today ………

….. New post ……..