Arsenal’s Best Player So far – It’s Not Who You Think

So here we are, top of the league, top of our Champions League group and looking pretty damn fine, thank you ma’am

Our success has been, above all, down to a fine collective effort but, nevertheless, some individuals stand out.

One thinks first of The Welsh Messi, Aaron Ramsey.

What a player!

From snapped leg to snapping ‘em in at every opportunity the boy has achieved above and beyond our expectations.

When he was struggling to rediscover his form last year some Arsenal fans (I won’t say supporters) deemed he didn’t have what it took to be a Gooner. I am glad to say I supported him then and I support him now. But he’s still not our best player of the season so far.

Oh no.

It’s not Aaron, so perhaps it’s our fandabbydoozical new signing Mesut Ozil. The German of Turkish extraction is a joy to watch – when he’s on the ball time slows down and magical things happen.

But Mezut is in his first season in the EPL and much more is still to come. He is not our best player this season – not by a long chalk.

If not him, then what about our dashing French cavalier, Olivier Giroud. He is like the Three Mustketeers (plus D’Artagnon) rolled into one. He spends every game marked by at least two opponents, selflessly receiving the ball, holding it up, being stupidly penalized by stupid referees, laying it off, linking up… in short he is an absolute top quality centre forward. But still not our best player in this campaign.

To find the chosen one we must move further back.

In doing so we find Matthieu Flamini – a player scorned by many when his return was announced (though not by this observer) and now someone who is deemed crucial to our chances of success this season.

Flamini is a tireless worker and a good player. But it’s not him.

So we look to the defence. Koscielny and Mertesacker have been outstanding this season – probably the best CB pairing in the EPL.

I love the commitment and intensity of Kozzer, but having given away two penalties already he can’t be considered for our player of the season so far

As for Mertesacker – well, right now, he is my favourite player in an Arsenal shirt. Calm, confident, always in control, always finding the right pass out of defence – he is unquestionably the best defender we have had since Tony Adams. The press and pundits still go on about his (lack of) speed, but anyone who watches Arsenal week in week out knows that the BFG is a class act.

Nonetheless, he’s still not our best player this year.

To find that individual we have to move back even further

And there, between the sticks, we find the man himself: Wojciech Szczesny.

If you can be bothered to trawl back through the Arsenal Arsenal archive you will find several Headline Posts where I have questioned the ability of the Pole in Goal.

He seemed to me to be someone gifted with natural ability but perhaps lacking in the mentality to achieve the highest level. His performance for Poland in the 2012 Euros was a case in point.

But he has knuckled down at Arsenal, endured the indignity of being dropped and returned with a new focus and intensity.

If we are top of the table at this point of the season it is for many reasons, including the scoring form of Ramsey, the creativity of our midfield and the obduracy of our team as a whole. But it is also due to the saves of Szczesny.

I have lost count of the games where his outstanding saves have kept us in the game and allowed us to go on and claim all three points

His decision making seems to have improved 100% and it’s clear that his defenders understand him and have great confidence in having him behind them.

Furthermore, his shot-stopping has been of the highest order.

When I was doubting him, regular AA contributor GiE was pointing out his strengths. As a goalkeeper who has played at a high level himself, it should have been obvious that GiE knew what he was talking about. I am happy to accept now that that is indeed the case.

To me there is no question about it: our player of the season so far is Mr Wojciech Szczensy.

RockyLives

113 Responses to Arsenal’s Best Player So far – It’s Not Who You Think

1. 26may1989 says:

Good post, Rocky, thanks.

You’re right, TPIG has had a very good season so far, he seems to have flushed out most of the effects of crisis of confidence he had last season, post-Euros.

But I would also name-check Kieran Gibbs, who has nailed down the LB spot and kept Spain’s LB to a super-sub role.

Mikel Arteta has also been fantastic.

Interesting to see that it’s the defensive unit that gets so many positive write-ups this season.

RL. Rare for me to disagree but my AFC player of the season (so far) has to be AR. The man has elevated his play to almost but not quite Brady-esque levels.

Now …. I am in the process of writing a most improved player of the season (perhaps to be finished for Weds), and for that TPIG must be in the frame

BTW Sniffer is around, please don’t respond.

3. 26may1989 says:

I should also have said that Wenger’s faith in Szczesny was the only thing I doubted during the summer. And as far as I’m concerned, I’ve seen enough to accept that I was wrong about that.

4. Räsp says:

Great post Rocky, and another one sure to get us all thinking.

Maybe Rambo could be excluded because he had shown great improvement at the end of last season, but I still would find it hard to overlook him. Good shouts for Gibbs and Arteta too. If it were not for the frustrating ‘rash moments’ kozzer would also be a candidate.

Sz has been excellent in goal. I hope he was watching the Chilean goalkeeper against England – his distribution of the ball was about the best I’ve seen, and that is one area where Sz can improve.

In short I can’t choose. The main reason for our success this season has been that there haven’t been any passengers, confidence and team spirit together with the lift that signing Ozil gave has made the difference.

5. arnie says:

Fantastic post, Rocky. Szcz has certainly been one of the stars of the season. Taking cue from Raddy, let me suggest that there is not one, but several players of the season. On my list, there will be Szcz, BFG, Arteta, Ozil, Rambo, Giroud and Sagna. Well, we may debate the order, and the minute differences in scores that are not visible to the naked eye. But the point is that Arsenal does not rely on individual performances. They play a team game. Hence, they have several stars in different parts of the field and they are all players of th season. Jointly!!!! Long may the team game flourish!! 😀 😀 😀

6. evonne says:

no, not read the post yet, just checked if Rocky wrote one for Monday. Thank Dennis he did!

The change started last season when he was dropped after the spud game I think. I believe it was a sobering moment from him, personally in my limited knowledge of such things he always struck me as a great goal keeper in the making. Growing pains were always going to be an issue and will remain so but they are getting fewer and fewer.

I am chuffed to bits that he has signed a new contract.

I am also chuffed that I have the high ground over my friend who sits next to me who has been insisting that Joe Hart is better.

Moral of the story, never bet against Arsenal or the players lol

Thanks for the read Rocky.

Cheers, Rocky.
    I love it that there are so many choices that could be made for player of the season so far. It shows how strong we are all round.

I found this article very interesting. Micky will love it, with some belting graphs and charts. The categorisation of shots conceded into good and bad chances is particularly revealing.
    (Roma beating us must be down to Swervinho 🙂 )

Interesting Qatari stadium design. 😆

Szczesny is a Pole dancer

Nice one Rocky. Not been on much the last few days and not much time today, but I agree fully with your sentiments.

Now I am not one for ego massaging “I told you so” type reactions, but I would like to point out that I championed both giving Ramsey more time and the signing of Flamini and always said that TPIG would become our long-term number 1 custodian…..But I will not drop to the self congratulatory depths of saying I told you all so…..

till later amigos.

Nice stuff Rocky

Chesneys form and subsequent contract signing is absolutely fantastic.

The guys form vindicates our policy of patience and nurturing our own, and the contract signing shows that we now aim to keep our players.

Yes, the whole thing sends a shiver down my spine. My spine is not averse to such reactions Rocky. Many a time a beautiful women has caressed the hirsute content of my delicious spine only to reach the point were fur reaches critical mass, thus yelling “oooohhh Terry”

GN5, I implore you to remain on this site. You are the most experienced Arsenal supporter on here and your insight is invaluable.

As you said the other day, we take the jabs but get up and come back for more

I actually go through this process every evening, as once through the door I am greeted by the cold stare of the wife and her devilish cat.

Terry,

Simple give them both a swift kick………….

Terry,

Frankly it’s people like you that have kept me on the site, Rocky, Raddy, Kelsy and GIE are also high on my list – just to mention a few.

16. Räsp says:

Everything sorted GN5

Rasp,

Appreciated.

So on that list I must come right after GIE………….lol

TMHT. Greek and Welsh women must go to the same training camp.

My second wife was from Bridgend and she could bob and weave with the best, plus she had a vicious left-hand to the stomach, right-hand uppercut combination that floored me every time.

Fortunately, today she has a more worthy opponent.

Hey, I’ve suddenly got an 11.16 to 11.38 hattrick now with those two disallowed goals.

hahaha, sounds like my kind of women Raddy.

To be fair, both my ex and current estranged wife are English

Sometimes I think the culture clash was a bit much. Get togethers with her family there was five people, with my family there was seventy five.

Things would come to a head with my Ex every time my mum, god bless her soul, would visit..

One time I announced I was taking a bath and my mum said “Julie, you gona go wash Terry, or I gona go?”

I said mum, English women don’t do that. My ex just sat there pretending to read a book.

Anyway, I was half way shampooing my hair when all of a sudden I felt my mums hands on my head “you no do it right, your hair gona fall out.” I pleaded for her to stop but it was no use. “So Julies no washer your hairs ah. You marry that Andronicos daughter Christina from our village like we say, you get hair washed every night”

Of course my ex could hear every thing and incredibly took offence.

Yes Raddy, relationships are hard. hahaha

22. jnyc says:

Rocky, Ramsey is the man for sure, but good of u to recognize an unsung hero.

all the idiots on blogs who kept saying we need a better keeper, or julio caesar who would have expected to start. All of those rumours were garbage every day. I told a friend when sczesney first arrived, that he was going to be our keeper for twenty years! !

he will eventually make some mistakes. And then the idiots will be on his case again– but i will remember this post, and that he has done alot more good than people will remember.

Rockadiddlydo,

As you are never on AA nowadays I think the secret we have between us, that I am your ghost writer, is becoming harder to hide.

It is a Post of the usual Rock Man quality and I agree with every word I wrote!!

Well, I slightly disagree with my/your notion about Ozil.

You see, I think he has been the catalyst for the huge improvement in every single member of the team, not necessarily because of his own play, excellent tho that has been, but because of his presence in the team and the confidence he has given them, which Terry alluded to yesterday.

Look, the above could have been written by a first year child, so I have to come clean and admit I am only your ghost writer in my dreams – as if anyone believed me for a nano second!! 😳

I loved YOUR Post!!! 🙂

Personally I think it’s a very hard call Rocky.

As far as I can tell there are no prima donnas left in the squad and winning brings confidence and there is unity amongst the players a better understanding between them most of the time and if the defence is working as a unit,one has to include the keeper. Keepers and strikers invariably make the headlines more than most for their sheer brilliance one day or an absolute stinker the next.

I honestly believe as I have stated before that there is still a 20% improvement yet to come as well as key personal to complement the team and Walcott and Podolski are nearing inclusion.

Competition for places is healthy and the key and I think most of our players realise that.

LB,

I scoured my list from top to bottom and could not find your name. I apologize and will add it in it’s rightful place – second – from bottom. No prizes will be given for guessing who is in last place.

RA,

I missed you off of my list at 12:58 pm but I know, that you know, how highly I rate you.

Terrible Terry,

There must be a certain satisfaction in knowing that someone or sometwo know you well enough to want to kick the bejabers out of you!

OK, being such a girl’s blouse that even 7 stone ladies flatten you is a bit of a bugger, but that is probably why you are such a ladies man. 🙂

Thank you, GN5, and back at you!! 🙂

Rocky,

I make it well known that I am not a back slapping Rah Rah poster but I appreciate quality and your headline posts are pure quality and you are fully deserving of all of the rah rahs and back slaps you receive. Well done once again.

So far this season my vote has to go to BFG he has been outstanding and was sorely missed at Old Trafford, with him playing I feel we would have shared the points.

He was the player that got the team together after the referee donated 3 points to Aston Villa and it is he has been the glue holding our defense together.

The whole back five are improved because he has become a reincarnation of Mr. Arsenal – totally different personality types but the same galvanizing effect on our defensive cohesion.

Hi Kelsey, 🙂

Glad to see you back and sounding much better.

We will be expecting the usual transfer news from you in the near future.

31. evonne says:

thanks jnyc and GN5
    I am the idiot who wants a better goalie
    I am not on the xmas list of some

That’s exactly the way I like it 🙂

Mr Transplant – please tell me quickly you made up that fooking story about your mum washing your hair

32. evonne says:

Kelsey “Keepers and strikers invariably make the headlines more than most for their sheer brilliance one day or an absolute stinker the next” – very true, we need less stinkers from our squad

Hi evonne

No need to concern yourself with the potential creepiness of the hair washing story. I would understand if I was older but at the time was only 31. hahaha

Evonne,

You are high on my list. Those with low ratings will know who they are by my either ignoring their comments or by my responses to them. I must, however, admit to having a few favourites, as we all do.

35. evonne says:

Transplant – only 31!!!!!!!! Jeezus, just as well I never married a Greek. Mind you, my son is almost 30, has his own family, but I do all his washing and ironing 🙂

Wow – Evonne you can be my surrogate Mummy any time.

37. evonne says:

no, I cannot GN5, I already have one argumentative son 🙂

38. evonne says:

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky, what a fantastic post this is, one of your best ones; the suspense was killing me and I did scroll down to see who the hell is our best player if not Ramsey or Ozil. And the shock almost knocked me over. Szczesny??!! And I didn’t enjoy the mention of the always-right-Exile.

But it is all true, blimey, Woytek has been outstanding this season! Evonne was absolutely wrong about him, BUT only after his bench warming spell last season. The lad has learned the savoir-vivre of AFC and reemerged a much more mature, calmer young professional. The silly clown is gone, good riddance.

Thank you Rocky for bringing this to my attention! Now I can shamelessly be proud of my countryman Woytek Szczesny 🙂

Evonne, I’m not the least bit argumentative, I’m always a good old boy.

40. evonne says:

let me think about it 🙂

By the way – once again missing RL – the only mention of a Chezzer supporter was for that n’er-do-well GIE.

No mention for the supporter who ventured out into the wilds of Brentford to watch him play when he went out on loan, and mentioned this incredibly interesting fact, on more than one occasion on AA.

No mention either for the supporter who watched him play for the Arsenal youth teams on miserable winter days and also reported to AA of being very impressed with the nascent career of Arsenal’s then future long term GK.

And who is this paragon of a supporter who championed Chezzer in his hour of need? Do I need to spell it out?

The only saving grace for your dreadful oversight is that I did not plump for the PIG as the player of the season to date, instead voting for the Turkish Delight!!

Shame on you Oh, Busy One that you should treat a poor soul so!!

GIE indeed. (shakes head sadly shocked by life’s iniquities!)

Oh dear RA your many valiant deeds on behalf of fellow supporters appears to be taken for granted – or are they just ignored?

OK, time for a roll call of the missing – other than the ubiquitous Rocky and GIE.

Where is Wonderman? Where is Shard, D98, Shard, Tommy Stout (as was), Charybdis, JanMan, SlimGinger, Sheep Hagger, Sharkey and so many more of the good and the great?

We need you guys to come out and play during this dreadful interlull. 🙂

GN5,

I am doing my best to provoke Rock the Boat to stop doing important career stuff and illuminate AA – ditto GIE. 🙂

RA, I think they are all waiting to see my head roll.

Speaking of which, GN5, have you noticed that people who have busy demanding jobs are notoriously inclined to shirk their AA duties?

For reasons of their own which quite escape me, they prefer to beaver away putting in a hard days work for a well earned buck. 🙂

RA. they are trying to earn brownie points.

I had a bread roll for breakfast this morning and I might have a head roll for lunch. 🙂

Seriously, I do not for one moment think the idea of wanting your head to roll would cross anyone’s mind.

If you are referring to yesterdays miscommunications and resulting heated chat, I suspect the thing that we can all agree on is that some things are better handled by private exchange of emails.

But that is all behind us now and no one person can be blamed, in my opinion.

Now, mention of lunch has suddenly made me peckish (well, I am always ready for a bite to eat) so I might just head out for a Big Mac!! 🙂

RA, it has gone private already.

Well done, GN5, enough said. 🙂

Off now. Sayonara.

51. arnie says:

Nice, is it not? A fantastic post, nice discussion and great banter from the “seniors”, with the juniors leaving some space, or perhaps taking on voyeur roles!!!! 😀 😀 Good fun!!!! Perhaps time for the crickets to come out of their hiding places!!!!!

52. JanMan says:

Maybe it would help if we all took a look at ourselves (myself included) and perhaps not take everything so personal and stop looking for hidden meanings in every little thing that is said everything may run a little smoother. Those who are personal friends should keep personal issues of off the blog if they do not want anyone else to pass further comments as at the end of the day it is football blog and not a lonely hearts club blog 🙂 I hold my hands up to my mistakes and hope that others are man or woman enough to do the same! Cyber hand shakes all around 🙂
    Rocky, thank you for a great post today.

53. evonne says:

nice one JanMan

Evening all.

Rocky, thank you.
    The great thing is it that Sz comes into the reckoning for best player. As one who always thought he would make the grade, I stand firmly in the “told you so camp”.

I may not ever reach Chas levels of smugness, but it will not be for lack of effort 🙂

Agreed, well played JanMan. All handbags re-sheathed 🙂

56. arnie says:

well done, JanMan 😀 😀 well done, all. 😀 😀 😀

57. Hello all

While ITYS’s are being banded about, I never doubted Chezzer’s ability for long 😉 Actually I never doubted his ability just his work ethic a little, but now I can shop with him in Tesco sometimes I’ll never doubt him again.

Also he was quite serious when I spoke to him and when I wished him good luck against Liverpool he said he would do his best which I thought was a very mature thing to say. He has been an absolute hero in the last few games 😀

58. …………. but what happened to Arteta, Rocky?

Just popped back briefly to find arnie confessing to voyeuristic tendencies.

That Terry has a convert. Gadzooks! 🙂

Who are you calling a ‘senior’ by the way? I for one am a veritable spring chicken – or should that be a sprung chicken? 🙂

60. arnie says:

RA: 😀 😀 😀 Charming Terry!!!! Proper initiation rites are called for, on AA.

arnie – 🙂

Peaches,
    I’m feeling a tad drained after a heavy day, but hit us with the bad news. How many posts needed.
    Can’t promise anything for tomorrow, but will seek inspiration.
    Must go.

63. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I have a post in the cupboard but I will need posts for the rest of the week. I’ve given Norfolk the week off so he won’t be writing one for Friday therefore I’ll need three contributions please. Who’s offering?

64. You know me so well 😉

65. evonne says:

Micky – what about your x-rays and the nasty Colin?

66. Anyone seen this blog before ?. I thought some of you artist types, like chas, may find it interesting !…………….notice how I diplomatically left out the word, piss, before artist !. hahaha

One in the loading bay ….

BR
    I’d get to the lavvy a bit quick if I were you then…

Evening All
    Apologies for my absence lately. Bloody work 😦
    But I have really enjoyed the recent Posts and comments (especially’s Terry’s prose and that link to the Beijing Red – both hilarious).

As for today’s Post – I definitely CAN’T say ITYS. I’ve written a few Posts about Szcz and they’ve mostly been critical. I had real doubts whether he would make the grade, but those tips he obviously got from some big American bloke on the touchline back in the Barnet days clearly paid off… Now he’s looking like the real deal and I couldn’t be gladder.

Will try to get on the comments a bit more this week…

70. neamman says:

Must say I hacve been impressed with Rosicky this season. TPIG has been great but I was always happy with him to be honest. the biggest surprise for me is How Rosicky has kept fit..touch wood.. and contributed.

71. 26may1989 says:

Absolutely right, neamann, Rosicky is having an excellent season.

Janman, much respect.

France Ukraine could be quite exciting

What formation do they play and do Benzema and Giroud start or is it an either or?

It was Giroud and Remy on Friday but with Remy withdrawn. The big men don’t start together. Mind you Daychump picked the FFBW as playmaker so he hasn’t really got much clue.

Nice headline and strapline from the Telegraph. 🙂

Research reveals referees are beginning to win the battle against players diving
    Gareth Bale’s departure to Real Madrid arguably a factor as number of simulation offences drop from 19 to six

Evonne
    Re: the X-Ray. Thanks for asking.
    No, Colin was not present, and I was an allocated a particularly fierce looking woman. Unusually, she had no name badge, as well as having a strange other-worldly accent that had notes of Africaans mixed with Clingon (I’ve even looked them up and they’re “a fictional extraterrestrial humanoid warrior species”).
    No broken bones, and it remains a mystery. The whack could have ignited a fierce attack of arthritis or even gout. The latter is known as “the disease of kings”, so I wouldn’t be as unhappy as I should if that was the case 🙂

Do your stuff, GIE.

FFBW

I’m working on it, although at this stage, I can’t come up with anything that would get past moderation 🙂

Wow, so both fit, Ollie starts ahead of Benzema.

Ha ha, I’ve only just worked out that when you post those twister things, you’re supposed to touch the blue stuff. Drrr

Morning all, Rocky I need to reveal my secret about how I decide whether I think someone is good enough for the team or not, basically if Arsene plays him then he is good enough for the team 😀 how many times will we be proved wrong?

So I then go about finding ways to demonstrate why Arsene is right, it’s much easier than trying to outwit a 60+year old professor of football who watches more football than me spends every day working with the players. That’s why Arsene will always know best, as does any manager when compared to the average fan who gets 90minutes every three/four days to see the players.

As others have said Szczesny is likely to have a blip or two that leads to a goal, and that’s fine it happens to goalkeepers, even the best of them. It’s how a goalkeeper deals with that mistake and moves on that sets him apart. Also luck plays a part, there would have been a lot of criticism had Szczesny’s one two with Sturridge not come off.

What has most impressed me with Szczesny this season is his command of his area. He seems to have a better understanding with his defence. He also seems to be throwing the ball longer distances this season, which is great because it gives more chance of possession further up the pitch, and I do wonder whether his shoulder injury in the past was stopping him do this.

Is he my player if the season so far? Actually no, as others have said whilst some individual performances stand out, the fact we are playing as a team is the key and that is down to everyone not an individual. Everyone seems to know their job and be prepared to do it.

Exile

Truth is you cheat, as when it comes to GK’s, you actually know what you’re talking about 🙂

However, let me remind you, if we are to emulate Utd’s romping title winning stats, then Sz needs to loosen the reigns somewhat, and concede one or two more.

No-one’s perfect.

That is a fantastic pic of inside a guitar. Really superb.

GIE,
    Don’t you think Weidenfeller is just the best name for a goalkeeper?

That’s a great photo, I’m not sure I would’ve worked it out without the prompt “inside a guitar” am wondering what kind of camera they used and how they got the shot, one guess is using a pinhole camera where sometimes a Jack is located on an acoustic guitar built for the stage.

Thinking about unidentified photos, is there an old unused Chas photo quiz lying about to fill the post gap?

Peaches if I get time and energy I’ll try and knock one out this week……..I’ll even try and do a post too fnarr fnarr

Ah, Nasri was playmaker.
    So, FFBW, could be Fat French Bloated Wrister?

Weidenfeller is a great name for a goalie, reminded me of Fatty Foulkes (although the Fatty was a given nickname obviously).

If only I had been alive in the 1900’s I could’ve rivalled Fatty, better still I could’ve smoked woodbines whilst playing.

Exile

Problem is, the quality of pic is too good for a pinhole device.

My guess is they cut a huge hole in the woodwork and mounted a serious camera. One buggered guitar, one great pic. Just a guess.

90. evonne says:

Germans have gone underground
    Took a tube to Wembley yesterday
    Did they think it is free in London on match days?

Couldn’t you chuck a little remote camera in and just jiggle it about until you got the right angle? 🙂

Air Raid mentality, Evonne. Nothing sinister.

Offski.

Evonne,
    It was on Facepalm on Sunday. BFG showing a couple of his mates round London on the tube.

What a great idea. Free transport in London on matchdays with your match ticket.

Air raid mentality ROLF.

96. evonne says:

now that we are on the subject of London blitz I wanted to ask the youngsters if they knew about Highbury being used for civilian shelter, and that during the WW2 we, the Arsenal were sharing the stadium with you-know-who.

Micky – use fried salt in a sock on your shoulder.

97. evonne says:

difficult not to love Per, gentle giant

I thought we shared Shite Fart Lane as Highbury was used to store cannons.

“air raid mentality” 😀 You can see why I had such a good time in BD!

chas. Guitar pic is beautiful. I want to live in that room.. I think GIE is right and the pic is taken through the sphincter of the guitar

Doesn’t Highbury look beautiful?
    Those glass panels at the end of the East and West upper tiers are still there.

102. arnie says:

Morning, all. Why are there ads today on the sides of the AA page? A bit off-putting…..

103. evonne says:

because you installed Flash player add-ons you doughnut 🙂
    nothing to do with AA

104. arnie says:

thanks Evonne, doughnut indeed …….

Arnie not sure what browser you are using but you may want to look for AdBlock plugin, very good and removing gubbins from your browsing

We have a New Post …………………

107. arnie says:

Thanks a lot, GiE.

108. It’s appropriate time to make a few plans for the future
    and it is time to be happy. I have learn this put up and if I could I want to counsel you some fascinating things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this
    article. I desire to read even more issues approximately it!