Week 2 – Goalkeepers Vote

So over the last few days you have seen the goalkeepers in contention for a place in the Greatest Ever Arsenal Squad, but me and GN5 both feel that there are too many Johnny Come Lately types who only ever vote for players in their most recent memory (or only memory). So to stop our squad being made up of 11 Invincibles and friends we are forcing you to vote by era.

4 goalkeepers 2 from each era are going in our squad, it’s up to you to decide…….

Has anything you have read over the last few days changed your mind? Hopefully you’ve been in search of Pathe news reels to see some of them in action, or maybe you’ve now realised why your Dad was so respectful to the old guy selling you your first scarf.

Today’s poll will allow multiple answers (up to 3 in total) for those of you who are in two minds or just wish to acknowledge more than one keeper.

1900-1970

George Swindin
Dan Lewis
Frank Moss
James Ashcroft
Jack Kelsey
Jim Furnell
Bob Wilson

1970-2013

Jimmy Rimmer
John Lukic
Pat Jennings
David Seaman
Jens Lehmann

I expect this to be a fiercely contested category, we have had some fine keepers over the years, and may have one more in the making, time will tell.

Written by GN5, compiled by Gooner in Exile

110 Responses to Week 2 – Goalkeepers Vote

1. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good morning to you all,

to repeat a comment that I made a few minutes ago on yesterday’s post.

That statement by Gazidis looks to me like he is getting his retaliation in first.

Yes we have the dosh to compete, yes we could buy Rooney and five more besides, yes we can afford to pay top wages. Don’t blame me if we don’t buy top players, it’s all down to Wenger.

Thanks for such a detailed week of posts about many players none of knew much about.
    Despite what you have said it is already becoming obvious that most will vote for keepers that they actually saw play, though I am hopeful I will be proved wrong.

I voted for Seaman and Kelsey purely on ability and the recognition achieved at International level as well as club level.

My dear Norfolk my gut feeling is that this so called big/world star player is a figment of imagination and just won’t happen. The reason is after Gazidis’s statement about Wenger wanting him to extend his contract I would not expect Wenger to suddenly change his policy and buy someone like Rooney or any 30 million plus player.

3. evonne says:

Martin Wengrow – Rocky is 53 and in Canada. I would be very happy to meet you and hear all the stories 🙂

4. evonne says:

Early result of the voting would indicate that majority of the fans are about my age, too young to remember the great Jack Kelsey and too old in the tooth to be fooled by Jens Lehmann.

I voted for Dan Lewis, by far the best looking goalie we had.

martin wengrow says:

June 7, 2013 at 10:55 am (Edit)
    Morning Rocky. I was born in Hackney, and grew up in Stoke Newington. I now live in Aldenham, near Radlett, but spend almost 6 months of the year in Marbella, Spain.
    My recollections and anecdotes of Arsenal players, managers and other key personnel over a 30 year period are so numerous that I wouldn’t know where to start. Some like Alex Fynn and Myles Palmer believe that I should have a book published as my story is pretty unique but at the moment this would be very difficult. I have a synopsis which Fynn helped me put together and perhaps when I’m back in London I’d be happy to meet you and you might find some very useful stuff to blog about.
    What age are you Rocky ?

I went with the obvious poll leader, Safe Hands.

IMO Seaman was the best English Goalkeeper since Shilton and was an integral part of the Famous 5.

I was at OT to see his save vs Sheff Utd and still cannot believe it was possible. Then there were the penalty saves vs Sampdoria and countless others.

And the Seaman dance to the fans.

My second vote went to Jennings, who would have been first but for his early and later career.

It’s a small world raddy with your reference to Martin Wengrow. Up to the age of ten I lived in the same block of flats as Alex Flynn and new him and his brother well and then there is the Marbella connection 🙂

Morning everyone (7:20 am here).

Rasp, thank you. the 3 vote poll should help us to get a good cross section of opinions.

My 3 choices were 1. David Seaman, 2. Jack Kelsey, 3. James Ashcroft.

Kelsey, was the goalie most linked to my early childhood, I saw him play for all the years he was at Arsenal. Including a very memorable game when we played a (less than friendly) game against Juventus on a very foggy evening. He was a superb goalie who for many seasons was the outstanding player at the club.

Ashcroft, none of us had the pleasure to watch him play but his record is nonetheless outstanding. The 1st Gunner to play for England, he was the 1st to play over 300 games and played in 154 consecutive games, playing over 30 games a season for 8 consecutive seasons. Well deserving of my vote.

9. Hi Evonne. It would be nice to meet Rocky, but Canada’s a bit too far ! Would be very happy to meet you. I am back in the UK for about 3 weeks from 22nd June. Perhaps we can then get in touch and meet up.

10. goonerjake says:

Big Dave

11. shenley says:

GunnerN5 what a surprise your first choice was David Seaman.

12. Been too busy last 2 days to have even read the posts, let alone reply. But have caught up today with more than an hour of reading.

Great work again, GN5, and GIE.

To quote Gunner N5 – “Seaman was the very best goalkeeper that I’ve seen in an Arsenal kit, many of his saves will be replayed for eras to come.”

That’s true. But what’s also true, and relevant, as regards the best goalkeeper(s) is that the “saves” are not all that’s important. Great goalkeepers often don’t make “flashy” saves; they don’t need to due to perfect positioning, often overlooked.

Seaman, so many times, made the difficult look easy.
    Other much less competent keepers make the easy look difficult.
    For a perfect example of much less competent look no further than Alex Manninger, as noted previously by CHAS.

Off topic – RED ARSE, funny jokes. Especially “crushed nuts”!

Will be on to chat once I’ve finished my homework.

14. David Stewart says:

My votes go to David Seaman and Bob Wilson.

No goalkeeper has played as many games for Arsenal, won as many honours or been capped as many times as Seaman. At his peak, he was one of the best in the world, not just at Arsenal.

For the ‘older’ era it’s close between Kelsey & Wilson. For me Wilson edges it. He is an Arsenal man through and through. His love for our club is genuine and matched by few others.

On reading the review of the keepers it struck me that we have not had a ‘local’ goalkeeper play for us. Yorkshire seems to be the nearest!

Well, it seems the cynics have been out in force, I think it is time to balance things out a bit.

I see Gazidis’ statement as an advert.

“We have the money to buy Wayne Rooney and we can afford his wages.”

What does this mean, well it plainly means that if Wayne fancies coming to Arsenal he will be welcomed with open arms.

But the key part of this is “IF HE WANTS TO JOIN ARSENAL”. Rooney would be welcomed anywhere, so step one in landing him is to let him and his agent know that we want him and that we are able to pay his wages.

This statement from Gazidis also doubles up as an advert to all 50mil plus players.

Wenger cannot make players want to play for Arsenal and it is not as simple as getting them because you made the highest offer, players of this ilk are already multi millionaires, they have got to want to come THOF.

And lastly, surely this shows how outdated the idea that Wenger doesn’t like spending money; in fact, it is plain silly.

If he had the money and Messi wanted to play for Arsenal do you think Wenger would hesitate in signing him — no he wouldn’t. If anyone can counter this logic I would like to hear from them.

16. evonne says:

Martin – great, we have a date. Can I bring my chaperone Peaches with me?

17. evonne says:

How good is that Jovetic? Does anybody know?

GN5 – Lehman has more votes than Kelsey, did you expect that?

18. Arsene says:

Arsenal have the money to spend on big transfers.

Evonne,

Not really, I recognise that people will vote for who they have seen and know vs. a paper record. Not very fair on the earlier players but…?

20. dandan says:

Terrific stuff guys, I have voted for Kelsey, Wilson and Seaman, would have voted for Jennings great keeper, lovely man, but only half his career at Arsenal.

I sense trouble brewing at the Q and A meeting on Monday, having been amused to hear the so called spokesperson for the Black Scarf mob on talk rubbish early this morning, he was was practically testing Mr I have issues Robson’s script

Many will have seen the article below on Untold Arsenal but I thought it worth a share. As it puts the black scarfer’s intolerance into some kind of prospective.

10 years of building the emirates: a period of success
    By Walter Broeckx

As most of you will know we here at Untold have always been taking the patient way of looking at things when it comes to X years of won nothing.

We have pointed at the changes in the PL where some clubs have rich sugar daddy owners who throw money around as if it is nothing. Well for them it probably is nothing. If people cannot see that this has a major impact on all Arsenal has done in the last 10 years then well nothing will make them see.

In fact and don’t worry Tony I will not be entering on your history ground but we do have a little thing to remember this summer. Because well it all started 10 years ago. It all started in July 2003 when the building of the Emirates started. Or better said the removal of what was on the ground before it became our brand new stadium.

Now when we over here point at those rich owners and at the fact that we build the stadium it gets brushed aside as nothing important. After all we are The Arsenal and should be competing. Now in order to compete you need rivals. And I thought it might be interesting to have a look at teams who also build a completely new stadium in the PL era. And I might have forgotten one so please feel free to fill in.

But first let me start with what Arsenal has done. We build the Emirates and works started as said in 2003 to have it finished in July 2006 for the first game in the new stadium ever with the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial game. The total cost of this and I will use the same internet source for all the comparing with the “rivals” for building the Emirates is £470M. Or also £470.000.000. That is rather a shocking big sum of money.

Arsenal had to make sure that they would be able to pay that kind of money themselves. We had no sugar daddy to give it to us. And at the same time at Chelsea one turned up and spend money like mad.

All those years building we did win a few things at the start, still managed to get to a few finals along the way in the last 10 years. But yes after 2005 we didn’t win anything. But we managed to keep ourselves in the top 4 each season.

Now how did it work out for all those other clubs who build a new stadium like we did? Let us find out.

Southampton: St Mary’s Stadium has been home to the Saints since August 2001. Relegation in 2004. Bankrupcy along the way. They came back to the PL in 2012. And the capacity of the ground is 32.689. One could say half the Emirates. The building cost is said to have been £37M. Or also £37.000.000. That is not even 10% of what we had to pay. And yet they ended in big big troubles.

Derby County : The Pride Park Stadium has been Derby’s home since 1997. At first things went rather well for a while. But then relegation came in 2004 and they never came back. The capacity of the stadium is 33.502. And that is again half of the Emirates capacity. And the building cost is said to have been 28M. Or also £28.000.000. Again compared to the Emirates this is only 6% of the total cost we had to pay. And yet Derby paid a hefty price at the end.

Middlesbrough FC: The Riverside Stadium is the football stadium, which has been the home of Middlesbrough FC since it opened in 1995. But then trouble came along and they got relegated in 1997. They did came back in 1998 and things seemed to stay well but at the end they went down again in 2009 and stayed down since then. The capacity is 34.998. And the building cost at the time (some 10 years before the Emirates) was around £16M. Or also £16.000.000. That is not even 4% of the cost of the Emirates.

Coventry City: They moved to the Ricoh Arena in 2005. After that they had a long battle to remain in existence and for the moment they don’t have the stadium and are moved out. If anyone can inform me about how things stand please do. The capacity of the stadium is 32.604. Again half the Emirates capacity. And the building cost was £113M. or also £113.000.000. That is around 24% of the cost of the Emirates.

Leicester FC : moved to the then known Walkers stadium in 2002. A bit of a bad luck as the closing of their old ground coincided with them going down. Maybe the cost of the building a reason? I don’t know for sure but it could have something to do with it of course. They went bankrupt in oktober 2002. Nowhere near the Pl since then. The capacity of the stadium is 32.312 and again that is almost half the Emirates. And the total building cost was said to be £37M. Or also 37.000.000. That is around 8% of the cost of the Emirates.

Bolton : The Reebok stadium was built in 1997. They got almost immediately relegated in 1998. But they did manage to come back in 2001. But now they are down again since 2012. The capacity of the stadium is 28.100. And the building cost in those days was £25M. That is around 5% of the cost of the Emirates.

So all those 6 clubs who have build their new stadium like we did with the Emirates have gone down, went bankrupt went in to all kinds of troubles.

In fact the combined cost of those 6 stadiums is £256M. Those 6 stadiums together cost less than what the Emirates has cost Arsenal. This one club has to pay more than those 6 clubs had to pay all together.

Arsenal stayed in the top 4 in the 10 years since we started the building of the Emirates now 10 years ago. If people cannot see that as an immense success then I wonder when they will be happy. If you can name me one club in a league as competitive as the PL who have build their stadium like we did, who have to face mega rich money around throwing owners at other clubs and stayed in the top 4 please do. I think the list will be very short.

And that is why I cannot talk of this period in time as “a failure”. I think it is an unbelievable success. We could have been where the other 6 are or have been.

GN5,

Without your fabulous posts, I would never have voted Kelsey, which I did, second to Seaman.

Without someone else’s comment, I would never have known I had three votes, so beetled back to tick Wilson’s box.

Martin,

Re your date with Evonne.

If you are a Northerner, have blue eyes, or a side parting, then its a green light for romance.

If not, pretend you think dogs are clever 🙂

Ha Ha

Just have an image of Martin rocking up, blue contacts, rubbish parting, talking funny and towing a stuffed dog on a string ROLF

24. RockyLives, 1.42pm

Hey… you’d have made the same post if the boot had been on the other foot.
    Like me, you wouldn’t have been able to resist would you? 🙂

25. Dandan

What Walter states is (almost certainly true) but what about other clubs who built new stadiums and didn’t have post-building problems? Or aren’t there any?

I’m obviously not having a dig at you, Dandan.
    I just wonder if in Belgium coins are only one-sided. Not the first time I’ve pondered that question when reading Walter’s posts.

Micky

We both voted exactly the same.

LB: Where did you read that gazidis said “We have the money to buy Wayne Rooney and we can afford his wages.”

I only voted for 2 but as a person Wilson would come out on top for me. You may have seen his interview on the defunct Arsenal TV when he described that he was the first keeper to lunge head first at the oncoming oponent, trying to block the shot.

How he got the middle name of Primrose is another story.

dandan, I presume you know that Walter is an official referee from Belgium.

My three were:
    Wilson – the bravest goalie I’ve ever seen and and absolute Arsenal man to the core.
    Jennings – I know, I know – the Spud connection is not great but there’s a little bit of Irish bias on my part plus, when he did play for us, he was immense. As a ‘keeper I would say on a par with Seaman.
    Seaman – along with Jennings, the best I’ve seen in an Arsenal shirt. Unlike Jennings there is no taint of mouldy spud, so he gets my top vote.

Big Al
    I forgive you.
    From your perspective I’m sure 53 does seem young…
    🙂

I voted for Seaman, Wilson and Kelsey.

Martin, can you sling a football over your head as if it’s come out of a trebuchet?
    If you can, you’re in.

….and have you got ears that look as though they wouldn’t be out of place on Goonhilly Downs?

If you keep asking the bar tender for a towel during the date, it might reap its own rewards.

32. Evonne, when the talk is Arsenal, everybody is welcome. Look forward to meeting you both.

33. CHAS
    Are you with us?

Gunner N5 (and GIE) also… take note, please.

chas says: June 5, 2013 at 6:37 pm
    The Ian Ure fighting at White Hart Lane was me getting my dodgy Scottish centre backs mixed up. 🙂
    It was Willie Young I was thinking of.

I think a lot of Gooners might describe Young as “dodgy”.
    Until recently I personally would be one such Gooner of that opinion. Big hulking blokes like Willie Young, Ian Ure, John Roberts often look “dodgy” simply due to their size; often unfairly judged simply because they appear to be ungainly and cumbersome.

However, about 6-9 months ago I was checking through certain periods of Arsenal’s history, and stalled at the “Willie Young period”. Concentrating on the obvious stats of ” Won, Drawn, Lost, Goals For, Goals Against, Points”, and finally “end-of-season Position” something a little “odd” struck me.

Young’s stats appeared to be quite impressive.

After checking the obvious stats, I then went a little more in depth. The central defensive partnership(s); adding full-backs, goalie(s); then defensive/holding midfielder(s); then the team overall.

After looking at the period in which he played, from his first game to his last, I then studied the stats of the preceding 3 or 4 seasons (particularly Goals Against), then also the succeeding 3-4 seasons – to make further comparison.

The results are rather interesting, and for those who think of the bloke as “dodgy”, somewhat surprising.

Afternoon all, thanks to GN5 and GiE for a terrific series of posts.

I voted Wilson, Seaman, Kelsey …. for non footballing reasons, Bob Wilson is just a top bloke, Seaman was probably keeper during our most successful era and from what I read, Kelsey may have been the best keeper of them all.

35. RockyLives, 4.43pm

If wit was sh*t you’d be constipated 🙂

36. evonne says:

Micky – I have honourable intentions towards Martin, in Rocky’s absence (ha ha ha) would love to hear his stories. You are welcome to join the party. Just don’t bring your bloody dog this time and comb your hair properly ffs

37. Mickey did it 89 and Chas if the Martin you’re referring to is myself, you’ll have to wait until I have met up with Evonne and Peaches for all to be revealed
    Even at my age I can sling a football anywhere that I wish !

38. RockyLives, 4.42pm

“Snap”, as regards goalies I’ve seen in action.
    Seaman, Jennings, Wilson.

The first Arsenal goalie I saw LIVE was Ian McKechnie, versus Man Utd, 1963.

Kelsey would top my “not seen” obviously by reputation (including my dad’s opinion – yes, he was a Londoner and staunch Gooner).

Kelsey

The Daily Mirror and the Daily Mail.

Put Gazidis – Rooney into Google.

40. Norfolk Gooner says:

LB,

Yes we can afford Rooney and his wages, the question is…do we want him?

Chas
    “have you got ears that look as though they wouldn’t be out of place on Goonhilly Downs?”
    ROLFED myself silly over that one 🙂

Norfolk

That’s a very good question.

Would we be a better team with him around? I think the answer must be “without doubt”.

However, until he’s an Arsenal Player, he remains a foul mouthed yob.

On the other hand, if he joins The Arsenal, he’s a bloody good footballer and a good family man (cough…splutter).

Sounds like you have the makings of a post there, Big Al.
    “Was Willie Young really as dodgy as he seemed – the stats (which I hate) prove otherwise?”

I still remember chanting Willy, Willy, Willy from the North Bank ……but that was at Teddy Sheringham.
    No, seriously, Willie was something of an anti-hero for the North Bank faithful. He never lacked a bit of true Scottish spunk , that’s for sure.

44. Norfolk Gooner says:

Micky,

If he wants to leave Manure that’s one thing, if they are prepared to sell him to us then there is something dodgy going on.

Pole touch a with I him wouldn’t barge. Rearange these words to make a well known phrase or saying. 😀

Norfolk

I think it is only a question of time before it is announced:

Rooney to be Moyes biggest summer signing.

But to answer your question: I’m with Micky.

46. dandan says:

Kelsey no I didn’t know that but it appeared to me that it was a sensibly argued article and therefore worthy of consideration by my AA friends and for that reason I reposted it.
    Hope all is well with you in grass court country, you seem to have brought the sun back with you.

47. Hi Big Al. Me again, I’m busy today ! Willie Young was slow and somewhat cumbersome. However whatever qualities he lacked he made up for by having one of the biggest hearts in football . He really had a successful career at Arsenal as he was partnered by a young David O’leary who had pace to burn. They complimented each other perfecly with Willie winning everything in the air, and O’leary winning it all on the deck.
    Willie fell out big time with Terry Neill and eventually left to join Notts. Forest, where I believe he played under Brian Clough.

Norfolk. I agree about Rooney. I would much prefer he stayed up North. Let them waste 200k a week on a player who has no real position at the club. He isn’t a good enough midfielder, not clever enough to play with RvP and not fast enough to play out wide.

We have better at AFC already.

(though I would of course change my mind if he does actually sign)

49. Shard says:

I’ve duly read all the posts on keepers that I’d missed over the last 2 days.. Done my considering and voted in the following order. Seaman, Kelsey, and Wilson.

Seaman. Well because I saw him play, and he was fantastic, even though the Dane at ManU got all the plaudits on account of his flashier style of keeping (No one was as flashy as Seaman with his ‘tache and ponytail)

Kelsey, because of the stories I’ve heard of him (I’d heard of him even before this series and GN5’s fantastic input)

I almost didn’t use my third vote, but then considered whether it should be Jennings (who also I’ve heard tales of) or Wilson. Now I like Bob Wilson and was tempted to give it to him for that reason. I considered some more, and thought that Wilson actually, as coach, had some input in the work of Jennings and Seaman, and maybe deserves a little bit of a credit for that. Jenning’s Spurs connections didn’t help. So Wilson it is.

I see that at least 2 other people voted exactly the same as me.

50. Hi Martin

I don’t believe it… the first time I’ve ever had as many as TWO responses to a post. Thanks Martin and Chas.
    The stats, as I say, very much surprised even myself, but I didn’t copy/paste or make notes at the time, as I wanted to re-check, and still unfortunately haven’t.

It was just CHAS’s throwaway comment that jolted my memory as regards my little bit of research.
    It’s off-topic at the moment anyway. Hopefully in the near future…

51. Shard says:

LB

Gazidis didn’t quite say that. He specifically refused to talk about an individual player. When asked whether we could afford to sign Rooney he said that he doesn’t know the answer to that because he doesn’t know what his transfer fee would be. Then, he was asked if it is say 25m pounds and 200k per week, could we afford a player like that, his response was yes. We can do more than that.

Gazidis’ response was to the figures. Not to questions about Rooney. But ‘Gazidis: We could sign Rooney’ makes for a better headline than ‘we can afford 25m pound signings’.

By the way. Isn’t Sky Bet, and SkySports a conflict of interest? Or at least open to potential misuse. What Sky Sports report obviously impacts the way people bet.

52. Dave the save for me I’ve seen them all from 71 bob second ,and the mad German 3rd

53. Do we want the Manchester ugly guy at Arsenal . I hate him

Big Al. I remain in the Young was dodgy camp. I saw most of his home performances and despite his workrate and his determination I would say he lacked the skills to be a top CB.

Thankfully, he played alongside one of our best ever in O’Leary. Add to that the back line of Pat Rice, Sammy Nelson and the great Pat Jennings and we can see why The Arsenal had such a miserly defence.

I realise I am in the minority about Willie but despite his goals against Spurs, he never convinced me.

It’s interesting that every GK has had at least one vote.

56. I’m responsible for Dan Lewis vote 🙂

It feels very comfortable going into the transfer window knowing that we wont lose our best players, that there won’t be speculations about any of our first team players, that if anything happens is going to strengthen the squad….I almost forgot how good such security feels…..nice

Hello Friendly 😀
    What’s all this flirting with Martin, eh?

We will enter next season with all our best players from last season PLUS at least two new superstars! You mark my words, and ignore the cynics, skeptics and nay-sayers.

Rocky,

Can you even remember a summer without Arsenal being top of the speculation table – of potential players leaving?

59. Arsene says:

Seaman never commanded his penalty area with any real authority and was often uncomfortable dealing with crosses especially at corners leading to uncertainty and confusion.
    His error prone gaffes at key moments would prove costly throughout his career and would become more frequent towards the tale end of his career.
    With one notable exception the 1991-1992 Season, Seaman’s performances at best have been distinctly average and at worst lamentable

60. Well said, Arsene. The other Arsene should have dumped him before he became an embarassment.
    Wembley semi 1991, cost us the double !

Not recently Gn5
    Van P
    Cesc – Nasri
    Cesc/Clichy
    Adebayor/Toure
    Henry
    Henry/Pires
    Vieira

Morning Chas,

At weekends, I do wish my work head would switch off. I’m tirrrrrrred.

Now, surly weekends MUST be gossip days 🙂

Morning Micky.

I hope you don’t have a surly weekend, not a man of your sunny disposition.

I had a lie-in until 5.40 today.
    Feel right refreshed, I do.

Chas,

Surely (durr) you’re the kind of chap that awakes every morning, leaps out of bed, pulls back the curtains, and sees nothing but a world full of bra straps awaiting to be twanged.

Haha, while BR stays in bed playing with his instrument. 🙂

I was trying to find some footage of the Metropolitan Police band on the pitch at Highbury a while back.
    This comes close.

Chas,

I saw that comment from Raddy. Cheeky Git.

How about the comb your hair properly comment. 🙂

Saw that too.

I have never, and I do mean never, combed my hair.

I’m sooo out of the running with that Evonne Woman. As I said to Martin, dragging a stuffed dog about on the end of a string would appear my only chance.

Chas

One of these, and you’re “in”, as you’d say

My dog called Woodbine has no legs.
    Every now and again I take him out for a drag.

You’re either about to post a real gem from youtube, or the morning session is over, and you’ve pissed off to the gym, you lean and sinewy ponce 🙂

Ooops, that’ll be the former 😦

hahahahaha, “ponce” got me. 😆

I was going to have a rest day but I have my sinews to think of.
    Ta-ra in a bit.

Off to check lobster pots. Less poncey 🙂

78. I love those early morning double acts, very funny 🙂

Yes Rocky, we are no longer a feeder club. No more ‘he left coz you are not good enough’ chants. We are already stronger.

79. correction Micky – Chas leaps out of bed, COMBS HIS HAIR, then opens the curtains and starts sun salutations

80. wow, Scotland beat Croatia in Zagreb! Well done Jocks

81. Morning everyone I voted for Seaman. I don’t know most of them :).

82. aha, GM’s return. Where the hell were you?

83. I’ve been really busy and trying to avoid all the transfer bollocks.

84. I think this summer is going to be big.

85. Off to work. See you later

Morning All. Very funny morning’s blogging.

Didit. I am too old and calcified to blow my own trumpet.

The Python Song is wonderful. Not heard since schooldays … “semi-carnally” 😀

If Rooney signs for us I will walk semi naked to Ashburton Grove.

88. don’t worry GM, in your absence Chas and I were dropping ‘xx is a wanker’ here and there 🙂

89. Kelsey – happy semi naked?

We have had 13 keepers play for the first team since AW was appointed

chas if you are around kindly e mail me.

Did anyone find anything to write about for today or tomorrow?

No Raddy 🙂

93. Hi kelsey 🙂 How are you?

Morning evonne – i see you got us a date 🙂

94. Sorry, I mean you got a date and I’m the hanger-on 😆

Stuart Pearce is a …….

Fellini would be an excellent buy,fits Wenger’s agenda as he can play in defence or in attack

Hi peaches

finding it hard to adjust to life over here and my daughter is no better and i am extremely stressed

97. Twitter reckoned that Higuain was a comin’ ………….

98. Poor you kelsey, have you found somewhere to play bowls?

A threesome like Simon Cowell said last week on BGT.That female comedian and Katy price. i thought he only went out with black girls 🙂

No, haven’t left the flat since we got here,bar the doctors

101. Peaches 🙂 It is not a date, we will meet with Martin and listen to his fantastic stories, and then tell them to the world

Kelsey, no change is easy not for anyone, stick with it, take is slowly and we will see you at the Ems next season xx

kelsey. Sorry to hear about your problems. You have friends on here who care about you and wish you well.

In the words of the Eagles “Take it Easy.”

Morning all,
    Its a windy day for cricket, but I’ll feel much better knowing we have a gem of a post for the day ….?

Higuain …. yes please …… but everyone is quoting a story from the Daily Mail …… a notoriously unreliable source

Is there no post Rasp?

I can write a few lines…. if nothing is in the cupboard

Thanks Raddy, that would be great

New Post …..

108. Howdy great website! Does running a blog like this take a
    massive amount work? I’ve very little expertise in coding however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject nevertheless I just had to ask. Appreciate it!

109. Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds
    me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
    I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.

Thanks for sharing!