According to popular opinion this summer is going to be different we are told we have money to spend, we are told we don’t need to sell.
There is increasing clamour for expensive signings from the fans, the press are doing their best in fuelling the expectation further maybe with the clubs PR doing the briefing, who knows.
But let us learn some lessons from previous windows and reserve judgement until it closes before we declare it success or failure:
1) ignore all talk of “done deals” until the player is announced on the club website
2) if the quote used by the press is not attributed to anyone then ignore
3) similarly if there isn’t even a quote and the article implies a source or uses the words xxxxx understands that…. ignore
4) there has been much talk from football pundits that we need 3 players, some even 4…..these pundits have previously said we wouldn’t finish in top 4, that Spuds have the greatest side ever, and that Arteta was a spent force before he arrived and the BFG was the worst PL defender ever. Basically if we are listening to pundits to make football judgements we are listening to imbeciles (unless its Gary Neville)
5) We took 24 from 30 in our last 10 games, in fact we were second to ManUre in points haul in the last 20 games, how far away are we in reality?
So remember the above and relax through the summer transfer window, it’s a done deal when it’s a done deal, we are interested when the player is at the ground having a medical.
All other news is not news, enjoy the window….we get what we get.
Gooner in Exile