Take note of especially from 38min – the end of video: Comments from Arsene Wenger, Thierry Henry, Lee Dixon, Ian Wright, Ray Parlour and other players that have played with Dennis Bergkamp. How much respect from his fellow professionals of D.B.’s class as a player and a person.
We need that type of player right now at the club. Someone who commands the respect of others around him and he need not hold the captain’s armband physically. Since we are bluntness in our attacking third and not scoring goals, I would take a look at the attacking midfielder, second striker and main striker categories (because the 60% of football plays and influences comes usually from the middle spine of a team – the GK, CBs, CMs, AMs, FWs; while the remaining 40% comes from the sides – FBs, WMs, LW/RWs).
Players who could provide the class and commands respect from fellow professionals in the footballing world currently.
(1) Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina), 25yrs old – valued at least £105million in transfer fees.
– The best player in the world right now. Only the World Cup title is missing from his personal accolades, which includes 3x
(2) Rado amel Falcao (A.Madrid/Columbia), 26yrs old – valued at least £44million in transfer fees.
– The best striker in the world right now. 176 goals in 262 competitive club games (River Plate, Porto, A.Madrid), a goal ratio of 0.67/game (i.e. almost guarantee a goal in a game played). Europa League top scorer in consecutive years 2010/2011 and 2011/2012.
(3) David Villa (Barcelona/Spain), 31yrs old – valued at least £24.5million in transfer fees.
Agent details: Vos Marketing (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/vos-marketing/details/berater_2217.html). Which only has David Villa as their client.
– An accomplished striker in his own right. 242 goals and 78 assists in 465 competitive club games (Sporting Gijon, Zaragoza, Valencia, Barcelona), he has won everything he could at club (CL, La Liga, Copa del Rey, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Super Cup) and international levels (World Cup and EURO champ). UEFA EURO 2008 Golden Boot winner and 2010 World Cup Silver Shoe & Bronze Ball winner.
(1) Andres Iniesta (Barcelona/Spain), 28yrs old – valued at least £61.5million in transfer fees.
Agent details: Sostres, Ramón (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ramon-sostres/details/berater_419.html). Who only has Andres Iniesta and Carles Puyol as his clients.
– The best attacking midfielder in the world right now. Won everything he could at club and international levels. UEFA EURO 2012 – Best player of tournament. La Liga’s best attacking midfielder (2009, 2011, 2012). Zidane praised him, Cazorla admires him.
(2) (Ricardo)Kaka (Real Madrid/Brazil), 30yrs old – valued at least £16million in transfer fees.
Agent details: Kotscho, Diego (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/diego-kotscho/details/berater_1492.html). Who only has Kaka as his client.
– A model professional footballer and a classy person off it as well. Won whatever he could at club (Serie A & CL with Milan, La Liga with Real Madrid) and international levels (World Cup with Brazil). Ballon d’Or winner in 2007. He still has a lot to offer at club and international football and could be ready for his last challenge in EPL.
Ricardo Kaka – Real Madrid Tribute (2009-2012)
Kaka – The Return 2012 HD
Of the above 5, the closest we could get should be Kaka (including transfer fees, wages, agent fees). He could play behind the main forward as a playmaker or second striker. He is not over-the-hill as yet and gives a positive attitude wherever and whenever he plays. I see him in a similar stature as Dennis Bergkamp.
Adding him together with the loan of Thierry Henry in the next transfer window would provide at least a glimmer of hope in our club’s reversal of fortunes ahead.
PS: Kaka is close friends with Falcao.
The other player I wish we could secure is Henrikh Mkhitaryan (valued at least £15million) – 20 goals and 8 assists in 26 competitive club games (league, CL) currently this season. A star playmaker/second striker in the making for the future.
His league strike rate (18 goals in 17 games) is level with C.Ronaldo (13 goals in 15 games) & El Shaarawy(AC Milan)(13 goals in 16 games) and just behind Messi (23 goals in 15 games), Falcao (16 goals in 14 games) & Ibrahimovic (17 goals in 14 games).
Written by JM