Transfer gossip – Homegrown – We have a problem!! Put Your wish lists away…

After Vito Mannone moved to Hull on loan there was some suggestion that he had made available a space for non homegrown players to arrive.

Unfortunately this isn’t the case. For the 2011/12 season we named five homegrown players over the age of 21, and 17 (the maximum allowed) non homegrown players. Players like Szczesny, Ramsey and Wilshere do not need to be named as they are under 21. Mannone due to when he arrived, actually counts as homegrown.

With the late summer arrival of Arteta, Mertesacker, Santos, Gervinho, Benayoun and Park we added six players who clearly don’t count as homegrown. We lost Vela, Traore, Bendtner, Clichy, Denilson and Cesc who all did count and Nasri and Eboue who didn’t. We went from four available spots for non homegrown players in the Premier League Squad in 2010-11 to none in 2011-12.

Current homegrown players over 21 are Walcott, Djourou, Song and Gibbs (and Mannone now not in the squad).

That leaves us in a situation where we cannot name Henry in our premier league squad (post Transfer Window closure) as we will exceed our quota. The same goes for any other foreign player. That is unless we free up some room in the January transfer window or do not name some players in the PL squad after January.

The likely candidates to not be named or released are Almunia, Park and Squillaci, however all have been used whether on the bench or in cup games. And leaves us short of cover going into the fixture laden months of February and March.

There is a further problem, we only have three spots for over 21s left in the squad, they must be homegrown, Wilshere, Szczesny, Ramsey will fill those spots within a year or two so without some major squad overhaul we can expect very little in new arrivals until we have allowed some natural vacancies if we can’t move them on before contract expiry. The use of a squad berth for Henry seems to make no sense given the above. Especially as changes can only be made during the transfer window. If we drop a player from the squad rota at the end of the window to allow Henry to play in the League in February whoever we drop will not be able to return when he goes back to New York. Are we sure we want to risk that?

We may have kept some money back in August but we have a situation that needs addressing and a bit of long term planning is required. I did not question the summer arrivals as they were much needed as are some new additions in January. But now it is clear that without releasing some of the foreign talent we may as well stop hoping. Sorry put your scouting videos away unless they are unheard of English or Welsh talent playing in the lower leagues.

Written by Gooner In Exile

259 Responses to Transfer gossip – Homegrown – We have a problem!! Put Your wish lists away…

January 11, 2012 at 10:05 am (Edit)

“Yes, he will be in the squad,” Wenger said. “I have given Vito Mannone out on loan to Hull and Thierry will take his place.”

I read the following a couple of days ago. How does it fit with what you are saying?

2. Hellooooo, anyone here or are all you buggers still hiding away on the other post ??

3. chas – I’ve moved your comment.

I have no idea what was going on this morning but hopefully it’s sorted

I’ve just sussed he was talking about the Champions League squad. Sorry.

5. im here chary, took me a while to get here though

6. Hi chary – I’ve closed the other post. Something weird happened and it wasn’t on newsnow but of course now there are two aaarrrggghhhh

Shame you can’t remove the old link from Newsnow.

8. Gooner In Exile says:

Sorry Peaches 😦

Maybe you need to block comments on old post?

Chas I am not sure Wenger’s quote is accurate ….here is the Premier League squad list we submitted on 1st September:

See the magnificent Red Arse comment below 😉

Source http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-submit-their-premier-league-squad

And here’s the rules in brief and the handbook for a really interesting read.

Click to access premier-league-handbook-2011-12.pdf

9. oooops, now there are three posts!!!!!!!!!!! Off to nag Newsnow

10. Red Arse says:

Nice one, GIE. 🙂

An option I proffered yesterday was that you may have lost your marbles, but apparently not so! 🙂

At the end of each Transfer Window, the clubs have to declare their squads to the Premier League (allows for trfs in and out).

The current List is;

Tomas Rosicky
    Bacary Sagna
    Andre Santos
    Sebastien Squillaci
    Robin van Persie
    Thomas Vermaelen

The maximum squad numbers can only be 25 of whom 17 can be Non-Home grown. The above squad totals 22.

In addition, Arsenal can field any number of players under the age of 21 — basically the Reserve and Youth team players.

Therefore we can buy an additional 3 home grown players (irrespective of nationality – provided they qualify) to bring the squad up to the maximum).

It is a fair bet that if we go out and buy a striker (who is not home grown) we will have to sell someone first (or at the same time). Chamakh? Arshavin? Almunia? Park?

If we buy a midfielder, we would have to sell (say) any of the above plus Squillaci? or release Benayoun?

All the other clubs are faced with the same problem, so wheeling and dealing will be affected by the age/home grown/foreign/squad numbers.

Tricky but do-able! There is hope yet, GIE!! 🙂

Thanks, GIE, I’ll have a look. It was the CL squad he was talking about. Silly me.
    Is there anywhere to see who is currently in the submitted squad?

12. Red Arse says:

GIE,

I wrote my earlier list some time ago, but could not get on. When it whizzed off I saw you had added yours.

No Duplicate intended and no animals were hurt during the typing of this comment! 🙂

13. hey everyone,
    its a no-brainer isnt it..if henry stays in form and all parties are willing to extend then we release almunia, surely we have a young home grown to take up the 3rd plc between the sticks..

14. cheers for the clarification RA. It’s hard to believe no one would want denilson, almunia and Bendtner?

15. adi says:

peaches,
    Thats for the champs league. I doubt they have any homegrown rule

Oh I get it now it depends on your age as to how many posts you get put up on one day 😉

17. Gooner In Exile says:

No worries RA, i will take my lists out as its making the comments page too long for those of us scrolling a mobile phone screen!

18. Bloody accountants!! No lists then two turn up at the same time!! 😦

19. Gooner In Exile says:

Chas as far as I am aware the squad list does not apply during the transfer window so is not submitted.

So as I see it:

1st September Premier League Squad named until 31st Dec
    1st January Do what you like
    1st February Premier League Squad named until 30th June

The squad that RA lists above was the squad named on 1st September

20. Thanks guys, I thought I’d be chattering to myself, as usual. 🙂

I would expect a few fringe players to go out on loan this month, it didn’t really help us squad list wise to have Frimmers go out on loan as he’d a been a “homegrown” I assume.

21. Gooner In Exile says:

And under 21 Chary so not in the named squad anyway.

Its a bit of a minefield and now maybe some will understand my malaise at the Henry signing and the prospect of others joining other the last few days/weeks.

22. Red Arse says:

Not that I concern myself overmuch with Shitty, but what a waste of a player’s career going there, even if you cost £30m, the chances are that you may not even get in their first team squad list let alone get on the bench or be available for their rotational first team.

And Mancini wants more “cover”?

Good luck with that.

23. Gooner in Exile says:

To be fair RA it’s one of the reasons they have Milner, Hart, Barry, Johnson, Lescott, Richards and Clichy now in the squad.

It’s also why Liverpool have bought established British players but it is also why the cost of those players are inflated.

The long term planning that we had put in to raising a squad of homegrown but not necessarily British/English players went out the window in the Summer.

24. Red Arse says:

CharyB,

It can be beneficial for a club like us. Apart from PingPong, we have Miquel, Jenkinson, Yennaris, Ramsey, Oxbow who have all played in the first team too.

They are not included in the 25 man squad because of their current ages.

In the future, if they are good enough to keep and are included in the squad once they are over 21, the number of Non-home grown players will decrease to accommodate them.

Don’t forget, we also have Campbell, Galinda, Wellington etc out on loan and if/when they qualify for a visa, they will give Arsene some more headaches!

Which, of course, is the whole point of these rules.
    Hence every big club is trying to hoover up all the young talent to try and balance these demands on the squad composition.

More players will come onto the market as clubs adjust their squads and try to ‘buy big’ but also keep within the squad rules.

Intriguing Post, oh great accountant GIE!! 🙂

I must confess GIE that I find the whole thing confusing but more significantly what is the point of this whole structure.I can’t see it working.

26. onetoto says:

Not really,charybdis1966, this ‘home grown/foreign player’ rule only applies to players above the age of 21 on 1st of Jan in the yr the season starts. That means for this season 2011/12, it applies to players who were 21 or older on the 1st of Jan 2011, and Frimmers wasn’t and he won’t be nextxt season either. The issue for us is for Henry to play in the PL a foreign player must be sacrificed for the rest of the season. If you asked me, I would take either Santos or Diaby out of the PL squad seeing both are unlikey to be available for any reasonable length of time.

27. Seems like we have alot of layers that needed to be shifted out one way or another Redders.

Perhaps the ones we don’t need decide they all have Bolton DNA and are getting homesick for mamma’s black pudding?

I’m looking at you Diaby, Almunia, Squillacci etc..

Onetoto – what I meant was Frimmers going outo on loan didn’t free up a space for a non homegrown, over 25’s to come in; my aoplogies for being a bit vague there.

28. Red Arse says:

At 7 a.m. this morning, I thought I would limber up by doing a Sudoku puzzle. The Times grade their puzzles from Mild (easy), Difficult, Fiendish to Super Fiendish.

I don’t bother with the Mild or Difficult puzzles, not because I am clever (I’m not) but, like the Rubics Cube, once you crack them it is just a matter of time to solve them.

So, armed with a piece of toast and a cup of hot coffee, I went for the Super Fiendish, and my goodness it was a humdinger, and refused to submit quietly, but logic overcomes all puzzles – so they say.

After reading the Post by Apollo — sorry GIE — (he asked me not to reveal his real name) I was struck by the fact that AW will soon have to play his own Squad Sudoku — or employ me to run it for him.

What do you say? I think I will write to him!! Then you esteemed AAers will be able to tell me who you want in or out!! 🙄

29. Gooner In Exile says:

I think there are a number of reasons Kelsey, mainly to do something rather than nothing which could lead to others to force a rule. It certainly starts to impinge on us having the “greatest league in the world” as more gambles are taken on players of younger age developing.

30. Red Arse says:

Kelsey,

The point of the HGP Rules was to make clubs concentrate on developing their own players, rather than keep buying ‘ready made’ foreign players and forcing the costs of such players so high only ‘Sugar daddy’ clubs could afford them, and leaving talented ‘locally trained’ youngsters out in the cold.

You say that you cannot see the rules working – but they are already working.

Any club in breach of the rules faces penalties from UEFA or FIFA and can be kicked out of competitions.

31. oz gunner says:

haha RA done! you have my vote of confidence.

In: Podolski, vert, goetze

out: MC, Bendy, squidge, almunia and denilson

If you don’t deliver you’ll be shipped off to play squad sudoku in Congo

Thanks RA, I told you I didn’t understand it, thanks for the explanation.
    I would rather see other restrictions brought in such as how many players each club can buy in any one season, the loan period be defined more precisely and let’s face it itthe top clubs do not represent football on the whole .

33. Double98 says:

Gavin Hoyte is 22 (nearly) can he not be named given we have 3 spots available?

34. Red Arse says:

That’s a deal then Oz. Now to get Arsene to agree. 🙂

It would be interesting, if any of our AA statos have the data on a spreadsheet, to take a look at how many Premier League teams have fielded any U 21 players in their first teams this season, and if so – how many.

That after all would be a good yardstick for judging whether the rule is working (and Kelsey would have his proof). 🙂

Arsenal have already demonstrated this, perhaps by force majeure (circumstances) with injuries being a persistent bane this season.

Whatever — we have had – Ox, Jenks, Miquel, Manone, Yennaris, Coquelin, PingPong, Rambo off the top of my head. Well on the way to a full team! 🙂 If you add in the Home Grown players, Walcott, Djourou, Gibbs, Song, Walcott, Scezeny it certainly seems to be working for us! 🙂

35. Red Arse says:

D98,

If Hoyte was not 21 at the beginning of Jan 2011, he did not need to be named in the squad and could have played in the first team if fit and AW had wished it.

Next season, he could be in the squad as a Home Grown player but depending on AW, that might mean releasing one of the 17 ‘overseas’ players if there are other Home Grown players also reaching 21 and needing to be included in the squad – or released.

As I said earlier — it’s tricky, and is going to need some imprtant value calls by Arsene and his management team. Heart break for some – maybe Hoyte! 😦

36. Red Arse says:

Right, this is GIE’s Post, so I am going to sod off and leave you to it!

Tara. 🙂

37. Double98 says:

oh well Hoyte hasn’t made it near the 1st XI so i am sure his heartache will be well numbed by now… he will have to move on and play football at a lower level.
    He’s probably close to a testimonial at this stage – poor fella

GIE. Very interesting and not what I want to be reading this morning even if it will result in BR winning his wager with Micky.

You really have a talent for investigative journalism and the ability to look behind the headlines. Well played.

I had no idea that the squad rules were so stringent. Do you think the AFC management considered this when they made all the summer signings?

39. Gooner In Exile says:

RA thanks for taking up the mantle whilst i was gone, i will be gone a little while longer.

My main concerns are the here and now, unfortunately we seem a little stuck, will the board be happy if Arsene says Almunia, Squid and Park are not in the PL squad? The board will surely look at the cost of the wages and start scratching their heads.

But also as you have highlighted there are a number of players maturing at the club who are now going to have decisions made.

To clarify again the problem is not homegrown players, the problem is the number of non homegrown and the max squad number of 25 for the PL (for those over 21 on 1st January of the year in which the season starts).

Next season Ramsey and Szczesny will have to be named in the squad (they were 21 on 1 January 2012).

40. Gooner In Exile says:

Raddy, thanks. Obviously I have no idea about the inner workings of the contract team at the Arsenal, but I’d hope it was considered, I’m not sure Benayoun would have come in had Arteta deal been finalised earlier, and it certainly explains why we were keen to acquire Cahill at centre back.

41. 26may1989 says:

Cheers Exile, I always like a post that looks at rules – well, a pedantic interest in rules lies behind most careers in the law, so not much of a surprise there.

You’re right to raise the question but like others, I don’t see too much of an immediate problem re Henry. Almunia is plainly just keeping the place warm and will be omitted from the PL squad, with young Damian Martinez (on the bench vs Leeds when Almunia could have been selected) assuming second back-up GK duties.

But your main point is right, our summer business significantly altered the balance of the squad re the eligibility criteria – we used to have the luxury of having oodles of players who were young enough to pass below the quotas and/or counted as homegrown under PL and CL rules despite not being Brits. But the room for manoeuvre is now limited.

However, that’s good news, since the pressure will be on the older under-performers (Diaby, Arshavin, Almunia, Chamakh, Squillaci and possibly Park) to justify their places quickly or be moved on. Of course, it’s not always straightforward to move a player on, but the club will just have to accept lower prices for selling players on than they’d like.

The club has shown itself over the years to be far better than its rivals in planning squads that comply with regulations (remember Ballack being omitted from Chelsea’s CL squad for example?). I might have my doubts about other aspects of the club’s recruitment strategy, but based on history I trust them to get it right with respect to the rules.

42. Gooner in Exile says:

Be interesting to look back at the timeline for Cahill deal falling through and Na$ri leaving.

Think we have to look at the burdens in the non homegrown squad, those players for me are Almunia, Diaby (hate to say that), Park and Squid.

Can we really not name Park in the PL squad…I know a few bloggers who will have a field day with that!

43. Gooner in Exile says:

Cheers 26, you are probably right re Almunia/Martinez which solves the Thierry issue. But new signings will be another thing.

Bridge on loan looks the best bet for left back cover or buy Baines.

44. 26may1989 says:

The pressures of the rules obviously does mean that our ideal solution to the reserve striker problem should be a homegrown player, since even with Ramsey and Szczesny about to turn 21, we have one (or, if Mannone leaves permanently, two) slots available for over-21 homegrown players.

Agbonlahor or Bent anyone?

(That does assume part of the solution doesn’t involve Chamakh or Park being sold; personally, I think Chamakh won’t be an Arsenal player by 1 February.)

45. 26may1989 says:

Absolutely agree Exile, Wayne Bridge on loan is the best option for LB cover.

46. jollymike says:

I would shift Status Squillachi out of the squad, and use him if we can’t sell him in the cups. We haven’t got enough cover in other areas of the team. I think Arsh will be sold if we get the money.

Thierry can take either place in the squad.

47. 26may1989 says:

Before I get back to work, just one final comment: isn’t it interesting how the media fail to pick up these issues and educate fans on how eligibility criteria will affect all clubs’ squad plans? Just another example of the amateurs operating at the better end of the blogosphere providing more insight than the professionals who are paid to do this stuff.

26. Absolutely right.

49. TotalArsenal says:

GiE,

That is a typical GiE post: zooming into the details and presenting us with a cohesive analysis and conclusions – great stuff 🙂 Thanks for looking into the matter and explaining it to us. Let’s see what will happen between now and 1 Feb.

50. Arsedave says:

GIE
    Did you see any footage of Bridge defending for West Ham last season?
    It was awful.

51. Gooner In Exile says:

Arsedave I know, but its the only sensible option I would guess at (as the player has to be homegrown given the above) whilst Santos is off injured and Gibbs…well he is fragile as we all know.

I can only hope that Bridge didn’t really appreciate being loans off to a struggling team if he is our solution for cover.

52. I wonder how many shots below par Bridge was today.

53. Gooner in Exile says:

Chary as you well know he doesn’t play golf. Unless your talking about how many shots it took to take out Mancinis eyes nose and ears on the training ground dartboard.

54. Whaa…? Does that mean he’s been telling porkies GiE ?
    Next he’ll be saying City only have a small squad. 😯

I don’t see Bridge as an option. He hasn’t played for ages and will need at least a couple of games to get match fit.

And then what? Put him in against MU?

Which takes us into Feb. and hopefully the return of Sagna. TV can cover on the left until Gibbs returns

56. Gooner in Exile says:

Is Jenkinson fit anytime soon? He played left back occasionally for Charlton didn’t he?

Altho realistically we have Miquel who I think has proven he can do the defensive stuff….just the attacking part we are struggling with at the moment.

57. count myself lucky lost in cornwall says:

GiE,
    May I congratulate you on an impressive piece of top journalism and agree with 26 @12:34pm. Added with Redders assaulting from the other flank, It was the “Perfect Storm” of Brain frizzlement, after the MRI and CAT scans Birdseye want their pea back !.
    Anyway ,have we bought anyone yet ?

Decisions,decisions, know wonder Arsenes going grey !.

A little while back ,I had a tough decision. I was in Transylvania ,at the invitation of a Greek Vampire accountant, Count Dracma. He wanted to embezzle me, I didn`t like the sound of that, so I made a swift exit. During my escape, I found myself on a small rope bridge crossing a gorge, 500ft above a rapid flowing River, midway across the bridge, I found myself cut off both end`s by the most beautiful Lesbian Vampires, they made Beyonce and Rhianna look like Pat Butcher and Dot Cotton !. One bite from these two and I would be turned into one of them, a beautiful Lesbian Vampire. Should I try the lottery chance and fight them off with only my loaded TackleNav or give in and spend an eternity making love to them ?. Decisions, decisions. So I just Tossed myself off ! .

58. Gooner In Exile says:

Fiorentina are apparently putting money on the tale for Chamakh…..can’t see why they want someone off to the ACN but if its there we should bite their arm off!

59. Red Arse says:

GLIC, 🙂

You know that MerryT will be on here like a shot once he sees you rabbiting about Lezzers.

He once confided to me that he can never look at a pack of cards without getting excited. Apparently he had a very realistic dream about a naked Lesbian trying to lure him into being her slave butler.

She had a thing about only wearing black gloves and black shoes, and she wanted him to serve drinks to her guests dressed in his best syrup.

He was happy to oblige but when he saw her standing there like a 5 of spades – he tragically woke up! 🙂

60. Red Arse says:

Or their throats, GIE, if you were GLIC!

Hello to the merry band of AA-ers.

I’m back!

Have I missed anything??

62. ….only the best Monday night of football ever in the entire universe 🙂

How was your trip, nice to have you back, are you bronzed and relaxed?

63. Gooner in Exile says:

Welcome back Rocky.

RL. Welcome home.

65. tomstoned says:

robbinURpersie

its nice to differ in opinions,in most parts of the world that is seen as a postive thing,

and the comment : you cant educate scum ? well if that is how you look at your fellow Gooners who happens to think differently about the way Our Beloved Arsenal is being run,well mate you are of course entitled to such childish behaviour..
    its abit like Red Arse’s ironi….stuck up and not very fair..

men vel slik er livet ! dårer overallt ;

if You think i dont care about Our club…well thats fine ! if You think my opinions are rubbish..thats fine too ! still being a Gooner since -71,having travelled to see The Arsenal twice a year since -76 well i have during this period spend a few bucks :)happily i must admit ;..i have a son who is 26 now and he has inherited my addiction: The Arsenal..He is now a member of Arsenal Gooners, 6000members, who travels to the emirates, sells Arsenal supporter effects back here and give out a magazine called The Gunners Post…here’s a link great site 🙂

that was my rant and i hope we could agree on the simple fact that having a different opinion doesnt automatically add up to scum robbinURpersie…

Bronzed?

I have my “Irish tan” (red lobster look) 😦

Nice trip, back at work today.

I did actually get to see Monday’s game but didn’t have any internet access. Fantastic.

Thinking about that chance, you’d expect Thierry to score it 8 times out of 10. RvP, you’d think 6 or 7 out of 10. Arshavin, Theo, Gerv, Ramsey…. maybe once out of 10. Chamakh? Well, he would just turn away from goal…

Hopefully Thierry can teach some of our new boys…

I managed to miss QPR and Fulham.

And I have lots and lots of AA posts to catch up on over the next few days.

67. Gooner in Exile says:

I’ve not worked out whether GliCs story today is more or less worrying. Think you’ve been spending too much time in the Potteries!

Tomstoned. Hope all is well in the frozen North.

Thanks GiE and BR

Hi Rocky, in the words and music of Peters and Lee ….. welcome home 😛

71. Ah, thw Rock is back, excellent.
    Tomstoned are you the guy who posted on Le Grove before ?
    I remember your comments from years back, if it is you.

Rasp 🙂

Which was the blind one? Was it Peters, Lee or Dowd?

73. gooner lost in cornwall says:

And I`m back there tomorrow GiE ! 🙂

RL, hope you had a nice break from the Cuckoo Club ! 😯

I was reading Keith Richards autobiography while I was on hols. For some reason it kept making me think of GM…

😆 Rocky, definitely Dowd

76. tomstoned says:

Big Raddy

all well in bear country mate :)snowing and getting colder by the minute but what the heck we’re vikings right ..;..and hows life treating You Big Raddy ? all well i hope..

77. Red Arse says:

Hi Rocky, 🙂

Good to see you back!

I have decided to take a sabbatical of my own – chatting to myself while richly rewarding and certainly not argumentative can become a bit boring. But before I go – I would like to give you one of my jokes, provided you don’t let anyone else pinch it!! 🙂

— After being married for thirty years, a wife asked her husband to describe how he saw her.

He looked at her for a while…then said, “I believe I can best sum up my opinion by saying you are an A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K.”

Intrigued, She asks….. “What does that mean?”

He said, “Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy, Gorgeous, Hot.

She smiled with delight and said.. “Oh, that’s so lovely.. But what about the I, J, K?”

He looked at her with a big grin and said, “I’m Just Kidding!”

——– The swelling in his eye is now going down, and the doctor has said that he is fairly optimistic about saving at least one of his testicles.

Bye now, Rock! 🙂

GLIC
    You mean the award-winning Cuckoo Club… 🙂

79. tomstoned says:

Heey Charybdis1966

Yes mate still the one.with the same opinons ;.but Le Grove, well some very good posts and Geoff and Pedro are Gooners to the cord, still it was getting far to negative…still a good blog !
    and i remember You Charybdis great 🙂
    like Big Raddy mate we had some defending to do back then mate..trying to be positive on Le Grove wasnt/isnt always easy 😉

Happy sabbatical Redders. Don’t be gone too long…

81. Yeah, it was you like I thought, TomS.

I was over your way this August, although only to the capital, Oslo, rather than as far north as you seem to be.

Jaunted over to Sverige as well – lovely part of the world also but deffo one for summer visits, especially for a temperate climate person like me. 🙂

Welcome back, Rocky.

Tom,
    rURp didn’t call you scum, it was a quote from his mum about uneducated people. 🙂

I’d imagine he reacted as he did, when you jumped in with both feet with the same old tired anti-wenger bollix about nazidis, U.S. investors etc. Weren’t you after some reaction? You know AA is a balanced, thoughful site. GIE gave you the polite response.

I can still remember you posting on LG and being ultra-positive and violently disagreeing with anyone spreading doom about the club, then one day you suddenly switched and became ultra-negative. Things aren’t always black or white.

83. Herb'sArmy says:

Good to see you back Rocky, hope you enjoyed your break.

84. goonermichael says:

I rememeber you from LG Tomstoned. Do you really believe usmanov (a convicted criminal) is going to be more honest than Kronke?

RA. Wherever you are going have a super time and in the words of a famous Irishman “May Your God go with You”

chas. Those early days on LG were fun. Lots of fine bloggers who have disappeared into the ether.

Thankfully the cream are on here!

86. evonne says:

Rocky, at long last! How many posts did you write for us?

GM and Keith Richards, maybe, definitely not Cliff Richards though:)

GM. Whilst not wishing to get into this discussion …….

I would rather have an owner to whom the club was not a part of their income stream which it must be for Kroenke.

Usamov is so rich AFC are a fun toy and in these sad days of money ruling football why not have a man to whom €100m is his annual cigar budget?

Maybe he is a crook but I do not see how that is relevant.

BTW. My best scenario is if both of them Effed off and the club got taken over by it’s supporters, much like Bayern Munich

88. evonne says:

GiE – you scared the pants off of me! I didn’t realise it was now a monitored requirement and that the arrival of the King might have put a spanner in the works. Great post, professional!

Ok, I will try to think like LB – surely the Club is aware of those requirements and have plans in place whom to off-load. The requirements are not surprise to them and they are well prepared; it would be preposterous to think they have signed naively without considering the repercussions

Does anyone know how are other clubs doing, are any of them dodgy ground yet?

Apart from TH has anyone been signed in the TW by any team?

90. goonermichael says:

Hi Raddy
    I was told by someone on here that Kronke is far richer than people give him credit for. Having an owner who is a sugar daddy would probably mean changing managers every 5 minutes like the chavs. I was assuming that a convicted criminal was more likely to be less honest.

91. goonermichael says:

abromovich was directly responsible for the chavs not winning the league last season

92. evonne says:

GM – Usmanov, the convicted criminal was in jail during the Soviet regime. People that were jailed in those sad times were not necessarily criminals as we understand the term. I had a friend in jail, who was involved in the anti-government organization. She certainly was not a criminal.

93. goonermichael says:

here is a list Raddy
    It’s mostly loans

94. goonermichael says:

evonne
    I understand that. He was pardoned by the dictator of Uzbekistan Who makes robert mugabe look like mother Theresa. If you read any website that supports him they say that he was pardoned by gorbacev which is not true. He’s had so many blogs closed down to stop a story by the ex british consul yet he has never sued him. Why would that be. He is so obnviously dodgy.

95. goonermichael says:

evonne
    He definitely wasn’t inside for anti government issues either

96. tomstoned says:

Charybdis….well if You ever visits again give me a hint..Oslo is great in the summer..im much farther north mate..however we could meet up and ill show you around…standing invitation Chary :

goonermichael…well if you think the american looker and his henchman (?)azidis is doing Our club any favours ..think again..and if you look at american investors history (in any business,all over the world)it should give you a clue and actually it scares me just a tad..Usmanov is a convicted criminal…but the Soviet Union dissolution was a mess and well…..and i have more trust in Usmanov than any american businessmen..and at least Usmanov does love Our Beloved Arsenal…to me that is a very important ingredient mate..

Big Raddy …old times at Le Grove was just awesome….who will ever forget the ramblings of A :)or Pedro’s postive look at things,back then Arsenal to me was better than Brazil,and always two top players away from world domination ;)and who can forget Geoff and his marmite players eh ?…kinda miss those days ..well well..

GM. Thanks. APart from TH there isn’t much action is there?

Disappointing to see Luke Freeman not make it. He was being lauded as the next big thing when we signed him.

My Spurs supporting nephew was criticizing AW’s penchant for spending too much of our budget on unproven kids (€3m Denilson?). His point was that AW spent €12+m on the Ox and for a few bob more he could have signed Ashley Young (an Arsenal fan) who is proven in his position. It is a viewpoint difficult to argue with (no criticism of Ox)

Tom. A, Franchise, Finestcuts etc etc. All disappeared.

tomstoned,BR,

I still read LG but they changed server a few weeks ago and I can’t get on it from our link or if I google the name.they both take me back to the 18/12/11, yet if i see an article on newsnow and click it I get the LG current post. can anyone explain that.?

100. 26may1989 says:

I think Usmanov was imprisoned in the Soviet days in his native Uzbekistan for rape. However, after the collapse of the USSR, he successfully applied to have the conviction retropsectively overturned – he argued (I think) that his conviction was politically motivated. So, technically he’s not a convicted criminal, which is why he passes fit and proper persons tests, can travel internationally etc.

Whether or not he’s a rapist (let’s assume he isn’t), he, like all the thieving oligarchs who stole the assets of the crumbling Soviet Union, is not exactly weighed down by morality. And based on conversations I’ve had with people who’ve been involved with business deals where Usmanov was involved, I wouldn’t want to entrust my precious football club to him. I can live with him being what he is, a minority shareholder, but anything more would not be at all welcome. Am much happier with Kroenke.

101. kelsey – I just tried our link and it went to todays post for LG. Maybe there was a problem at the beginning when they moved server, try it again and let me know ………….

102. goonermichael says:

Finest is in Poland Raddy. He posts on LG very occasionally. I think he’d like it on here. I still read the posts on LG most days but some of the people who comment on there are.. Can’t even think of how to describe them. Geoff hardly ever comments himself. Tomstoned why do you love Americans so much? 🙂
    I enjoyed listening to A. I enjoyed BBK as well.

I’ve been told by someone who really would know that usmanov is definitely very dodgy.

Tom why do you say he loves our club? Everyone says he’s a man united fan

103. goonermichael says:

Usmanov was arrested and imprisoned in 1980. The website centrasia.ru reports that he and a friend – the son of the deputy head of the Uzbek KGB – were convicted in August 1980 by the Military Tribunal of the Turkestan Military District for “complicity in an official’s receiving bribes and extortion” but was rehabilitated by Uzbekistan’s Supreme Court in July 2000, which ruled that the case had been “fabricated”.

104. tomstoned says:

Kelsey mate..
    i know they had some probs with the new server..but i believe they fixed that prob.i was in reading the post today and used the link via google …that worked Kelsey…

and its nice to see some Le Grovers on here

and finding a new Arsenal blog to follow was hard ..but Arsenal Arsenal is great…a big thanks to those who keeps this blog up and running…

105. tomstoned says:

goonermichael ;

well i thought everyone just loved the americans,and Usmanov may not be perfect agreed,but imo a far better choice than the hollywood looker…’;

one other thing goonermichael ..remember when we thrown out of Highbury….we where told it was only because we would be able to compete with the best …right..well not happening..we still sell Our best players and more or less buy cheap poor quality back..the new trend is loaning players…cheap ok but what the heck..

i hope that we this summer get rid of some players who clearly wont make it…and then give some youngsters a chance and finally use some of Our money(not that i think we have any money left)and buy quality…if one would look closely at wenger’s buys lately ..the record isnt very convincing…its really quite shocking..

106. 26may1989 says:

Some views on Usmanov from the very controversial former UK ambassador to Uzbekistan: http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/

Who knows if there’s any truth to what is there?

But is this really someone we want running the club?

107. tomstoned says:

kelsey..clicked your link and i got straight to todays post…a very good one actually ;)so not sure what your prob is..sorry mate.

108. Herb'sArmy says:

Thanks GiE for such a comprehensive and educational Post.
    Great as it was from a nostalgic viewpoint, and I’m in no doubt Thierry Henry will have a positive impact on certain players, but it feels a bit like a PR stunt to placate fans and feed into their emotional ties with him.
    Chatting with 26 about the stature of club, he suggested that we are in the tier below Liverpool and Man Utd. We are in a group that includes Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton etc., but we’ve had an unbroken run of 92 years in the top division, so my question would be, what is so fundamentally different within the workings of Liverpool and Man Utd that sets them apart? Surely the foundations of our club were laid with the intention of being in the top tier. By putting in Marble halls we sent out a message ‘We are the class by which all other class shall be measured’.
    The performance of our club over-all on the pitch, doesn’t correlate with our global financial strength.

109. goonermichael says:

Tom
    I don’t know or understand the finer financial points of the move. I don’t know if that was because of kronke either. If we were still at Highbury apart from the nostalgia and atmosphere I can’t see how it would be better. Every other club is trying to get a bigger ground (unless they are already huge like the mancs). The ground will be paid for at some point and maybe it will be different. I’ll leave that up to the accountants on here. On a nother note I was told by someone that our up front deals, Although thay look bad now were actually good if you take into account the cost of borrowing and inflation.

110. tomstoned says:

26may1989 mate..

read the article and it wasnt very objective,do you believe Usmanov is that bad ??…ive tried to read and follow information regarding Usmanov for quite a while and he does seem to be quite respected,but it is of course a matter of opinon.

what is clear to me is that kroenke isnt in it for the love of football,so why has he invested in Arsenal ?…do you think for one second that he invested because he wanted to make money ;…looking at the american Owners in the premier kinda gives it away…the glazers at manure..oh my…slowly being built down…and The Randy man Lerner at villa..everyone used him as an axample of how good the american Owners is..well..poor villa..and i want even mention the pool mess…

with the americans its all about the money,they have no heart,and looking at the way Arsenal are being run..to me it looks more like a new mcdonalds…where the essential thing will ALWAYS be to make money…and that is happening at Our Beloved Arsenal right now…im sure you see it too….and it actually started in 07..when the hollywood looker arrived..already yhen im sure Arsenal and kroenk reached an agreement..

to me there is nothing more entertaining in football than winning..making money will never be a priority of mine…will we be satisfied be becoming a new villa …being satisfied with a great stadium and the occasional three points..

the Club and Wenger has lost the most important thing in life…the struggle and will to be the best…and statements like its great to be top four,winning the Fa cup isnt very important,carling cup not worthy at all…seems to me wenger thinks CL is the only thing competing for..and not competing either just being allowed to play in CL seems to be enough for wenger..

im sure wenger is a great fellah…but he is not a winner anymore..and wont be again either…

or kroenke and the board are fecking him over…to me that has been the only answer for a very long time,but i have to admit im not sure anymore..

111. gooner lost in cornwall says:

After having another peep at GiE and RA`s earlier stuff, Am I right in thinking we can buy some “Mega Quality” as long as their under 21 years old to comply with the rules ?. Yes or no will do, My brain is still recovering from this morning !

112. goonermichael says:

the fact that (as far as I can tell) usmanov has never sued him makes me think there’s some truth in it.

It’s all irrelevant anyway. In the not too distant future usmanov or someone like him will own Arsenal and we’ll find out how it goes.

113. Jamie says:

Say this is what you get if you waste foriegn player spots on Chamakh, Park, Almunia, Squillaci etc. I reserve judgement on Park a little but the other three mugs are almost certainly drawing a collective £5m plus a year In Wages and should never have been at a club this big In the first place.

Far too much deadwood.

The first 13 players a great and we all know who they are but aside some promising youngsters the rest are all on shaky ground.

We weren’t spending anyway.

114. goonermichael says:

Tom
    Look at every club (and walk of like for that matter) the whole world is turning into mcdonalds. Very sad but true. We are customers. the days of being a local fan and really being part of that club (in the prem) have long gone.. Quite a few people have given up on thier clubs and moved down divisions looking for waht you allude to.

115. goonermichael says:

Nothing more entertaining than winning? Leeds and liverpool in the 70s and 80s.? You mean nothing you enjoy more?

116. tomstoned says:

gooner lost in corwall..

its quite easy really..we dont have the money..and we’d better accept our future we will always be dependent og selling quality players and try to buy cheap and young to stay afloat…

and that shouldnt be a surprise we have more or less aldready accepted it,praising the selfsuitanable model..we are the new Ajax…lets hope we can do as good as them…

117. goonermichael says:

So Tom
    Are you saying that only clubs with sugar daddies will be ably to buy quality?

118. evonne says:

26 and GM – the thing is that we don’t know what Usmanov is really like. I don’t particularly like any Russian oligarch, yes 26, you are right, they stole as much as they could, but I am not going to hang him just yet, not until I am convinced he is a baddie. I am not very judgemental, don’t judge and don’t be judged suits me fine

119. tomstoned says:

goonermichael…you should taste the sweetness of winning mate ;)even if its just the carling mess…nothing tastes better..nothing is more important for Our club,players or fans…in all sport its all about winning and always will be..
    i would rather we win than playing that pretty tip tap ..always..
    and goonermichale there are popping up fan clubs of lower league clubs back here too…Aldershot Town seems to be a favourite ..not sure why ;)…but there are about 15-20 Gooners who travels there quite often….instead of going to The Emirates…very sad imo

Park just played 45 minutes for the reserves against Villa. …. interesting

121. tomstoned says:

kelsey did he get a hat trick 😉 or maybe he was able to sell his shirt ?…

122. goonermichael says:

That’s very true evonne. Thanks for the offer yesterday by the way. I think I’ve finished the project now.

It’s all a bit of a maze I wonder what David Dein is thinking right now.

There is a big asian community in Aston so maybe he did tom 😉

125. TomS @ your 5.36 – I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights so one day I may get my wish and I’ll call you up and thanks for the invite. 🙂

I’m mates with Finest on FB and he’s still a passionate gooner as ever, in fact we had a drink with him at the Tavern before a game last season.

I’m with Evonne(just like I always like to be 🙂 ) on Usmanov – if FPP doesn’t work out and the only way to stay a blog club is get an investor in, then we should count no one out.

Finally, let’s send out psyhcic goodwill to our number 8’s former team and hope they emerge from the N17 swamplands not only intact, but with 3 points.

126. goonermichael says:

I’ve never been there when we won anything Tom so I don’t know. I’ve obviously seen it on TV though so for an armchair fan i have an idea. I really enjoyed winning the FA cup even though we mugged the mancs so I know what you mean. I want to win stuff and if jabba takes over and we win the treble I obviously wouldn’t complain and would be happy. It wouldn’t bring the soul of the club back though.

kelsey,
    I think you have a dodgy cookie.
    See if you can find the LG one for the browser you’re using and delete it.

128. goonermichael says:

Don’t rulle anyone out chary? alan sugar 🙂

129. Well not Bacon face obviously, and Sugar hasn’t got a pot to piss in compared to the sort of benefactor we’d need GM.
    At the moment we are sponsored by E***tes which rankles with me much more than the prospect of Jabba on the horizon.

130. evonne says:

RA – cuckoo, cuckoo!

GM – I was thinking about you yesterday. I are a highly successful professional, own business, fame, 4 wives, why the hell do you need to learn percentages NOW? Clearly, you have managed very well without

131. gooner lost in cornwall says:

tomstoned,
    We haven`t got any money !, dont make me laugh !. You could torture me , by bashing my todger with your country, and I still wouldn`t believe you !

132. goonermichael says:

What’s the problem with emirates chaary. Is it human rights related?

133. goonermichael says:

evonne
    I’m doing an nvq. I have never sat any kind of exam or got any qualification and I just fancied doing it.

Financially I’m not that successful either. I suppose getting divorced all the time doesn’t help.

How do I do that chas, please. I haven’t got the site bookmarked.

135. Partly GM, but it’s a bit political and this is not a political blog so I’d best not elaborate.

Radders knows what I mean, but then that doesn’t help you to figure it out. 😳

136. goonermichael says:

hope the spuds drop points tonight. Can’t see it though. a few injuries will be nice. Some burst testicles maybe

137. gooner lost in cornwall says:

e va va vonne,
    gm`s had 4 wives !. Thats 400% headache`s ! 😉

kelsey,
    If you use sites more than once and want them to remember your details then don’t delete all of your cookies.
    Deleting an individual one is possible, though it is simpler in some cases than others.
    Which operating system are you using i.e. XP, Vista, Windows 7 ?
    Which browser are you using i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome ?
    The last two questions are because Microsoft change where they store cookies each time they bring out a new operating system and different browsers use different locations too ?!!!

139. evonne says:

GLiC – I know, I had 3 husbands, all poorer than me, should have married GM 🙂

HELP – I cannot find out what channels are showing tonight’s games, ie scum and pool v shitty

140. gooner lost in cornwall says:

e va va vonne,
    Are you wearing them out or something ! 🙂

gm,
    Are you still with number 4, or are you currently looking for number 5 ?

141. tomstoned says:

evonne

this is a great site for any match,download a sopcast player its free and one can be anonymous

then go to this site http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports

here you find football from all over the world and in great quality,this is the former eu sport site..

enjoy

and forgive me if this sisnt allowed on this blog..posting links that is..

pool shitty on BBC1
    scum not on

143. evonne says:

GLiC – I am a great mate, useless wife, that’s all 😦 All I want to do is watch football 🙂

144. goonermichael says:

evonne
    I’ve got lot’s to offer but sadly not money.
    I’m still with 4 glic.

I can have a decent guess chary. i wouldn’t want to go to dubai.

145. tomstoned says:

chas…i had a look both matches are on wiziwig….try it out..!ill ang around for help if someone needs help in trying it…but soon off to work..

146. gooner lost in cornwall says:

e va va vonne,
    You only want to watch football, sounds like the perfect wife ! 😆

147. Yup, you’re getting there GM, if you include Morocco and Jakarta as other places I wouldn’t go to youcan get my drift.

148. goonermichael says:

live football on the bbc what a strange concept. It may be on apple soon. If you think sky are bad wait til they start taking the piss.

149. evonne says:

GM – ha, ha, ha, I am poor now and have little to offer 🙂

Is Spurs game on TV tonight???

150. goonermichael says:

Where is Jakarta? Are you Tamil?

151. goonermichael says:

I wouldn’t say that evonne. 😉

152. tomstoned says:

goonermichael ….back in the days bbc was a lifesaver, as a young boy all those years ago i was listening to bbc every saturday and game nights..the signal wasnt the best and i had to move around in my room to get the best signal possible..darn..i still miss those days..hehe im gettin old..;)

153. goonermichael says:

That probably sounds stupid chary. I got indonesia mixed up with sri lanka

154. goonermichael says:

the bbc need to sort the sound out

155. No worries GM, perhaps you were thinking of Jaffna.
    So no Scott parker for the Spuds tonight – hope he’s out for effing ages. 😉

156. evonne says:

Everton and Pool scored!

157. evonne says:

what happened??? everton were 1 goal up, shit!!!!

158. goonermichael says:

you were dreaming evonne. Sounds like a lovely dreaam

wiziwig looks ace, Tom, thanks.

160. Really Evonne – I’ve still got the N17 looters game at nil nil

161. evonne says:

no, i don’t think so, maybe disallowed or off-side

looters 0 toffees 0
    slickers 0 dippers 1

163. That was a shame Evonne, lose you scummy spuds !!

164. evonne says:

Chas 🙂 And who are we? The Mighty 🙂

The Royal Arsenal

166. tomstoned says:

great chas…happy to be of some assistance..

167. evonne says:

Adebarndoor missed a sitter and then dived for penalty, what a twat

There is no way Spurs will lose to Everton or even draw.

Everton in London = 3pts

169. goonermichael says:

the scum have scored apparently

170. One nut job replaced by another at the EmptyHead stadium.

FFBW coming on

172. goonermichael says:

the bench must be feeling the cold. without her big arse on it

173. goonermichael says:

city are shit so far

Oil Slickers look average without Yaya

This Savic bloke is absolute pants. Cost the same as Kos

He’s still settling in, BR, like sideshow Bob at Chelski

chas. Very funny

178. goonermichael says:

alan hansen wears more slap than lady gaga

179. goonermichael says:

wtf is shergar wearing? trying hard or what?

180. goonermichael says:

and liniker looks like he’s had a perm

181. He looks like a ticket collector on a 1930’s steam train, GM.

182. goonermichael says:

lol fares please

Lee looks like a stationery rep

184. goonermichael says:

SteveAnstey Steve Anstey
    @KeithTheGooner Is it true Andy Carroll’s still waiting 2 reveal his ‘Stay Strong Chilean Miners’ t-shirt next time he scores?

185. goonermichael says:

MikelArteta08 Arteta Olsson Fans
    Manchester City are lacking a few things lately. One’s a title. Two’s Kompany and three’s a crowd. #mufc #mcfc #lfc #afc

hahaha, even with widow twanky on, they’re still better than ITV

superb tweets 🙂

188. evonne says:

Shearer has all that money and no one friend to tell him he looks ridiculous in that patchwork

189. goonermichael says:

There are some good ones that I can’t put on here too chas

190. fatgingergooner says:

All this talk of HG players just gives us another excuse to see the back of the likes of Almunia, Squillaci, Arshavin, Chamakh etc. that’s if their performances weren’t a big enough excuse already!

Get rid and get some fresh meat in Arsene! Young, talented fresh meat preferably!

191. tomstoned says:

why drenthe doesnt play for everton is a mistery…

192. goonermichael says:

evonne it’s so true that money cant buy taste

193. evonne says:

GiE – I have just thought of something – how come we were allowed to bring mad Jens on loan mid-season? Do the same rules apply to short term loans or are there exemptions?

194. evonne says:

GM – or friends. Look at the two of us, both skint but with lots of lovely friends 🙂

195. I thought that was the special exemption for goal keeper replacements Evonne.

196. Good one: HT £££ – nil KKK – 1

197. goonermichael says:

fabio_capello_ Fabio Capello
    If Daglish shouted at Liverpool to push pineapples and shake a tree, what the fuck would Agger do?

198. goonermichael says:

just goalkeepers evonne

199. evonne says:

Chary – really? Oh, ok, so perhaps AW should drop Fabianski

200. goonermichael says:

scum 2 nil

201. goonermichael says:

I’m glad we got rid of clichy

I thought it was because Jens didn’t have a club and was a free agent.

we’ll have to wait a bit longer for their inevitable collapse, but it will come.

GM. You find some gems on twitter

205. Not 100% sure about that Evonne, but I have a vague memory of that being the case.

This article seems to hint at that: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/03/14/jens-lehmann-returns-to-arsenal-on-emergency-loan/

Bloody Spudders.

But don’t worry – they are not used to altitude and will soon keel over.

207. goonermichael says:

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt
    Two best keepers in Pl on pitch at Etihad tonight. Krul a close third this season

I’d argue that

fat angry lesbian

209. goonermichael says:

xxkdxx kd
    R u eva hungry n den wen da food comes ur jus not hungry any more :s

oh dear. The youth of today

GM. Holt is an absolute a-hole. One of the worst journo’s around and he hates Arsenal

GM, journalist at the Mirror says it all

212. goonermichael says:

lawrenson is a wanker too.

213. goonermichael says:

I had a client from the bbc who married a girl who used to go out with lawrenson. I’d hate to look at that c**t and think “he’s shagged my missus”

214. Gooner In Exile says:

😀 GM

I always assumed widow twanky was gay

216. tomstoned says:

moyes gave the match away.not starting drenthe…

217. goonermichael says:

Just joined chas

218. evonne says:

Thanks guys

What about Andy Carroll? £35m ?? my god, he is useless

219. goonermichael says:

Drenthe is a great player. I don’t understand how some gooners talk about moyes being our manager

220. Ha ha Fat French Lesbian booked !

221. goonermichael says:

spuds level with the mancs and 9 above us. Not looking good

222. evonne says:

FFT got Carragher in trouble for nothing, little fat bitch

223. I wonder if all the Arab City supporters that came on hear to berate our “quiet” stadium are enjoying hearing the EmptyHead reverberate to You’ll never walk alone.

They’ve still got some big fixtures left, GM, and they are due some injuries.

225. goonermichael says:

I hope so chas. we need to spank them when we play them.

So good to see Shitty struggling a little over the last month.
    G’night, ‘sbeen fun.

227. goonermichael says:

OptaJoe Opta Sports
    50% – A team has failed to get a shot on target 6 times in the Premier League this season & 3 of those occasions it has been Everton. Blunt.

228. goonermichael says:

I don’t like liverpool and gerrard is a spiteful little cocksucker. I’d love to see him really badly maimed

229. goonermichael says:

johnson left the grond with both sets of studs showing. should have been sent off.

Oh fuck off hansen you piece of shit

230. goonermichael says:

I’ve turned over to stop getting wound up

231. evonne says:

Good night, take it easy Michael 🙂

232. goonermichael says:

good night evonne

twitter is so negative at the moment.

233. goonermichael says:

I’m off too. see you all later

234. Count Dracma The Butler says:

Thanks for the post GiE, i had no idea that this summers activity has left us in this position.To be honest, i am not overly concerned since i didnt expect us to procure players anyway. The bigger thing for me is the eventual demise of the transfer market, which is beggining its slow death, and the massive impact this will have and the benefits we will reap from it. Might have to write an article on that.

Redders on a sabbatical?, he cant do that, i need his posts, holidays are not allowed.

Cornwall, as a kid i spent a couple of summers in Crete visiting my grandma (whos maiden name was Hercules, dont laugh, hahaha), and noticed some of the villagers had some some strange looking herb on there doors. I found out that it was to ward of the Vragos,i.e Vampires. If i say i wa shit scared that would be an understatment, i spent the rest of the holiday hiding under the bed.A long time later i read that some archelogical dig discoverd tombs of the Vragos on the island of Lesbos, so perhaps your dream is some sort of premonition hahaha.

235. Count Dracma The Butler says:

Oh, and wellcome back Rocky.

236. Gooner in Exile says:

9 pts is that all?

237. Gooner In Exile says:

Don’t condone talking to players whilst driving but very funny 😀

238. evonne says:

GiE – fantastic!! I am beginning to feel sorry for Fatso, most hated man in PL 🙂

239. Gooner In Exile says:

Interesting isn’t it….most media types called him anonymous against United. And generally saying he is 75% of the player he was last year.

Whilst onTwitter the general consensus is another player who was only good when playing for Arsene. But there is a truth in one trend:

Leave with Arsene’s blessing, do well at next club (Henry, Cesc etc)

Leave against Arsene’s wishes, do shit at next club ( Hleb, Nasri, Flamini etc)

😀

Arsene gets the best from certain types of player. Just think Evertonians told us we had bought a has been in Arteta, wonder if they think his perfoances now are better or worse than his last season for them.

Final thoughts two players I would like to see arrive:

Leighton Baines and Jarvis (from Wolves). Both count as homegrown.

Morning all. here’s another famous quote

‘Arsenal Football Club is open to receive applications for the position of TEAM MANAGER. He must be experienced and possess the highest qualifications for the post, both as to ability and personal character. Gentlemen whose sole ability to build up a good side depends on the payment of heavy and exhorbitant [sic] transfer fees need not apply.’ Henry Norris’ job advertisement that roused the interest of Mr. Chapman. Ironically, Chapman’s first act would be to break the British transfer record for the purchase of Charlie Buchan”.

Well as we thought the Spurs under Harry are now 9 points ahead of us and next they play Wolves at home and we have a tricky fixture away at Swansea who have only lost once at home this season.

This is an absolute must win game for us as it is alright saying we have yet to play 5 of the other 6 contenders at home but our goal scoring rate at home is a bit George Graham.

Anyway let’s all pray 😉

242. evonne says:

GiE – I like Jarvis a lot. I watched him a few times and he is a very good player. BUT he reminds me of Theo, a bit. He, like Theo didn’t play football till he was 10? His parents are ping pong champions, if I remember correctly. Interesting background

243. evonne says:

Can Arsene cast a spell? Maybe he’s a witch? Peaches is a witch, I shall ask her

244. evonne says:

GiE- Cashley and Anelka don’t fit the theory

245. Gooner In Exile says:

Anelka was a bit of a journeyman for a while never finding happiness. Cashley? Well there always has to be an exception to the rule.

As for Jarvis he is probably not technically (skills wise) good enough for Arsene but he is direct and aggressive in attacking play.

Mancini eh? Good hair, nice scrf, average manager.

Two players could cost him the title – Tevez and Adebayor. The argument with Tevez could have been handled so much better and with Silva losing form Tevez would have been the perfect replacement.

Adebayor’s season long loan could really hurt MC. APparently there are no circumstances in which Ade will be returned and though he may not be scoring too many he has been very good for Spurs. We should have loaned him (joke – well, sort of)

Morning all,

Have you read the story on the net that we have done the deal for winger/striker Matias Suarez but he will not come until the summer …. could be 4 months too late if true?

New Post ……………….

249. Gooner In Exile says:

And Rasp further evidence of the problems caused by our current squad.

250. holidays says:

holidays…

[…]Transfer gossip – Homegrown – We have a problem!! Put Your wish lists away… « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…