Arsenal’s Acupuncture Remedy

Written by Carlito11

Feeling gloomy about the Cesc/ Nasri tabloid furore and our end of season capitulation? Worried we may not sign a “big name” or even the experienced leader we need? Feel like slitting your wrists that we could end up playing Bayern Munich in the Champions League Qualifiers?

Well here’s the thing, since watching our team with a sprinkling of new blood turn out to great fanfare and support in Malaysia, none of the above are remotely near the forefront of my mind. In fact, optimism has been born anew, less out of any logical sequence of thought but more out of just the pure buzz of having our football team back- Jack’s biting challenges and ghosting forward runs, Ramsey’s vision and undoubted goal scoring instinct, Vermaelen’s precision at winning the ball back and all the excitement I feel at Walcott playing in a more central role and Ryo Miyaichi giving his full back a headache.

This is the stuff! Not the transfer window. Not the merits of financial deals. Not the never-ending and ultimately unresolvable hypothetical arguments about Usmanov, David Dein or what if we had kept big Pat for another season or two. None of this is why I love my club. The passion of the fans in Malaysia was infectious- the youtube vids of them singing OUR songs and cheering on our boys was the simple pleasure we all once felt- pride in the colours and values of the club and excitement at seeing them play.

Today we play again in China. I’ll be on the road and unable to watch it and I am actually sad about it! I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to watch a pre-season game more! My Arsenal is back and the media side show is just that now- no longer my only sustenance.

Come On You Rip Roaring Gunners!

44 Responses to Arsenal’s Acupuncture Remedy

1. We sure gives our loudest ROAARRRRR!!!!! to the Gunners while in Malaysia. Proud of it n many thanks to Malaysian Gooners and Arsenal team respectively.

2. Only another fan can understand you getting excited about pre-season friendly in China 🙂 Most ‘normal’ citizens would think us sad, but hey, who cares?? Bring on the match!! 12:30 kick off!!

Thanks for the great prematch

3. Red Arse says:

Spot On Carlito! 🙂

We just need to get on with watching, supporting, enjoying our team, and forget all the bitching, whining, and complaining.

Go team!!

4. luke says:

Immense opportunity to open up the far eastern market and vast marketing potential should the Arsenal management has any sense of ‘at the right time in the right place’ planning,instead of hiding behind AW’s tortured financial prudence policy. To be the biggest club out there is really within reach,only if they have half the brain cells.

5. Hi carlito, nice positive spin mate, I am enjoying the boys been back in the groove, i just want this negative press tosh to go away……

Positive rumours this morning with us linked again with Lukaku, maybe bendtners replacement……..?

Denilson loaned back or sold to Sao Paulo………

I hope wenger gets the special talent visa for Ryo……

Ramsey and Wilshere will be our core for years, hopefully………

6. Luke – ‘they’ have considerably more than half the brain cells, so we are going to be ok 🙂

Hiya Harry – I am pleased to see you almost smiling 🙂 You are suffering withdrawal symptoms from the spirit of AFC

7. London says:

Absolutely spot on Carlito.

8. Yeah, have got over just about that crap from the bald headed barca rent boy, would still love cesc to deny that though……

I go on holiday next week, 10 days away from it all and miss the emirates cup pretty gutted about that, but booked in for members day on the 4th august……

9. Red Arse says:

Hi Harry, 🙂

I had my usual sneaky look at all the back/sports pages of all the papers, before buying one.

— Back page of the Sun: —— Wenger Bids £14m for Lukaku.

— Inside page of the Daily Mail: ——– Chelsea swoop for £18m Lukaku.

The rest either had nothing about it, or confirmed the Chavs were finalising personal terms.

Just ignore the lot of them. It is all b******s!

10. Gooner In Exile says:

Fantastic Carlito, I too will miss the game having an all day drinking session planned in Cambridge.

Sitting on the train now. Will probably catch up with both games tomorrow as I haven’t watched the first one yet.

I’m at a beer festival for the Emirates Cup so missed that too.

See JET and Aneke scored against Woking in the resebe friendly, also Lansbury tweeted that he asked to play but wasn’t allowed to….protecting for long season?

11. evonne says:

Theo didn’t expect SO many people in China 🙂

Welcome back to positive feelings, Carlito, love it. 🙂

Arsenal player working well, the rain is as heavy in China as it is here and we’re playing in red and white.

13. evonne says:

….and Arshavin is taller than most Chinese officials

Great support in China, very heart warming, sea of red and white shirts

14. Gooner In Exile says:

Red the colour of choice in China 🙂

Result?

1-1 with just over 10 mins to go.

16. evonne says:

GiE – Hanzhou colour is green, the reds are ours

1-1 finished

18. Red Arse says:

Ist half — looked like a ‘get to know you’ pre-season match. Slow and disjointed.

2nd half — much better and should have gone on to win. Many good things to see.

A disappointing performance from Walcott, again. Just has no anticipation and oddly for a pacy player keeps slowing play down.

Jack/Rambo/Song and the CB’s looked good.

Can’t read too much into pre-season, but the second half looked promising.

19. evonne says:

RA – I had another joke just for you, it was in yesterday’s post, have you read it?

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee (Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
    (Now that’s more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet (O.M.G.!)

A pig’s orgasm lasts 30 minutes (In my next life, I want to be a pig)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy….I’m still not over the pig)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour (don’t try this at home ; maybe at work)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male’s head off
    (Honey, I’m home . What the…?)

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It’s like a human jumping the length of a football field (30 minutes. Lucky pig! Can you imagine?)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day (I still want to be a pig in my next life…quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet (Something I always wanted to know)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue (Hmmmmmm…….)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people (If you’re ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump (Okay, so that would be a good thing)

A cat’s urine glows under a black light (I wonder how much the government paid to figure that out)

An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain (I know some people like that)

Starfish have no brains (I know some people like that, too)

Polar bears are left-handed (If they switch, they’ll live a lot longer)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure (What about that pig? Do the dolphins know about the pig?)

Now send it to everyone! (and God love that pig!)

20. gunnern5 says:

Evonne, in the quest for equality here are some men jokes.

What is the common thread with men in a singles bar?
    They’re married.

Why don’t men show their true feelings?
    They don’t have any.

Why do men have a hole in their penis?
    To allow oxygen to get to their brains.

Why is psychoanalysis quicker for men than for women?
    When it’s time to go back to childhood they’re already there.

Will you let me out of jail now?

21. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

Thank you. Everything I did not want to know summed up so artfully. 🙂

I wonder who it was that carried out all those tests to find out? And did the pig mind?

Unfortunately, there are some gaping holes left in the info supplied (no pun intended).
    For instance, do left handed people have a greater or fewer number of copulations during their shorter lives or better or lesser quality of consummations? We need to know, otherwise how can we tell whether or not right handed people are doomed to wasting their longevity in solitary pursuits?

To say starfish have no brains must be wrong. They are always to be seen close to knowledgeable schools of fish! Some of the fishy education must flake off.

I am a bit dubious about your conclusion regarding the expulsion of noxious gases (farting) and its extrapolation. It does not seem to take into account the differences between human male and female anatomies.
    It is a well researched fact that males are flatulent approximately 9 times an hour, whereas women break wind up to 15 times an hour.
    I do not know what research has been done on the volume of those emissions but more work needs to be done here before we can agree with the energy co-efficient of such activity.
    I am sure grants are available!

Don’t you agree? 🙂

22. goonermichael says:

Why are managers in manchester such classless scum?

23. goonermichael says:

Is Raddy away on holiday?

24. Red Arse says:

Hi GM, 🙂

— Don’t know why.

— Yes. Italy.

25. SharkeySure says:

“the media side show is just that now- no longer my only sustenance.”

Spot on Carlito.

Yes GM, he is.

26. SharkeySure says:

RA..are you related to Quickdraw McGraw..??

27. TotalArsenal says:

Great post Carlito 🙂 You are so right. The joy of seeing our boys play football again is the perfect antidote against all the poisonous vile of the media and some of our fellow Gooners.

28. TotalArsenal says:

Meant bile instead of vile (did a long drive today).

Unfortunately, I missed the game today. RA, thanks for short update. By the sounds of it, it was quite enjoyable to watch?

29. Red Arse says:

Hi TA, 🙂

The first half was rather disappointing and AW looked really frustrated.

Djourou and Squillaci played CB and several times were pressing up too much and were by-passed by the Green forwards. Not good!

Nasri was probably the best player but looked disinterested and at the pre-match introductions never raised a smile, unlike the others.
    C’est la vie!

The half was alright, but like last season we looked uncertain. But it is pre-season!

The second half flew by. We put out an entirely different team and they played with pace and invention and we should have won easily.

Unfortunately Chamakh looked lost, altho’ the chances mostly fell to Walcott who was woeful frankly. He says he is not a winger — but we know that, and he proved it I am afraid. He continually checked back and did not run down the flank to beat the left back. His shooting was not much good either.
    Still, I must repeat, it is early days in pre-season, I know that, and I am perhaps revealing my biase. I just don’t think he has it in him to play for us at the top level.

If we had another winger, and a proper centreforward we could have scored at least three more goals in that 2nd half.

Did I enjoy the game? Yes I did! 🙂
    It has been the highlight of my day today.

I really, really want Theo to show me I am wrong about him, but today he showed the same old, same old errors. Sorry! 😦

Arsene was all smiles at the end of the game, so that contrasted very well with his glum demeanour after the first half.

We can still surprise the doubters!

30. Red Arse says:

Hi Sharkey, 🙂

Quickdraw? Explain monsieur, s’il vous plait. 🙂

31. TotalArsenal says:

Thanks RA 🙂 , Theo and Chamakh have some more work to do then!? Next week against FC Koln will tell us a bit more. Both players will be in the spotlight but they both have it in them to turn things round. Like you say, it is only early.

32. goonerwife says:

I heard that Chamackh looked much better today. No?

For those who want to sane articles

33. Gooner In Exile says:

Goonerwife thanks for that link at least one jouno out there not talking crap.

34. Ah just read it GIE, think he must have read my article about Arsenals attraction to world class players, very similar, just not as good ie his to mine…lol :D:

35. London says:

The funniest thing about the game today for me was noticing one particular banner.

“Barcelona pay 40 million for Cesc or go home and have a wank”

It had a whole load of Chinese above which I took to mean the same thing.

You have got to love those Chinese Gooners.

RA

Very good match analysis, I agree with it all I especially share your frustration with Walcott, the only thing I disagree with was that “Nasri looked disinterested”……..didn’t see that, I only saw some very classy pre-season football from him.

36. London says:

That is a really good article, where has that man been hidding?

37. London says:

Biggest pleasant surprise today for me was Kieran Gibbs, I have harboured serious doubts about this man but today went an awful long way to dispel them. Admittedly he didn’t have to do any defending but going forward — quality! This is one happy bunny of a player. Did he drive Geal to the airport? I suspect he might have.

38. TotalArsenal says:

I enjoyed this article by Paul Wilson, Guardian:

‘As Manchester United discovered at Wembley in May, one approach no longer covers both bases. Wenger undoubtedly needs reinforcements yet, looked at objectively, his is the more straightforward task. It ought to be easier for Arsenal to catch up with United than for United to catch up with Barcelona. Wenger should resist radical change, he was on the right path all along. While manning-up would be a good idea, the Gunners mostly need to stick to their shooting implements.’

I could not agree more 🙂

39. TotalArsenal says:

Hi London, good to read your analysis of Gibbs and Nasri. Would it not be great if Gibbs establishes himself in the first eleven this year?!

Late on today.
    Good sentiments Carlito.
    Redders – enjoyed the report, having not watched.
    It was good to read those links to two sensible newspaper articles about Arsenal. Maybe the media worm is finally beginning to turn…

41. dandan says:

Fings aint what they used to be, but do the Ammers ever change 🙂

From Todays Sunday Times

“Still, the days are gone when Harry Redknapp, then assistant manager at West Ham United, who were in the top division at the time, could respond to the jeering of his centre-forward Lee Chapman in a pre-season friendly at Oxford by insisting that the most voluble complainant should get changed and replace Chapman at centre-forward forthwith.

Which is what he did, scoring a goal into the bargain. It’s a shame the Hammers didn’t try the same trick last season; I can’t imagine any supporter being more ineffectual than Carlton Cole”

Morning all,

New post ……

43. Hi, thanks for this comment 🙂

44. Thanks for your content. One other thing is when you are advertising your property
    yourself, one of the issues you need to be conscious of upfront is when to deal with household
    inspection reviews. As a FSBO retailer, the key to successfully transferring your
    property and saving money with real estate agent income is information.
    The more you know, the easier your property sales effort will likely be.
    One area exactly where this is particularly important is home inspections.